11/30 - TC, FA & YB

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Night score update below:

Just to comment about FA’s defenses vs YB’s defenses again, this is not the first time we’ve had basically this same exact picture these past few weeks. We (Tarnished Coast) have trouble taking anything from Yak’s borderlands because their defenses are strong/off-putting. You guys are easy mode in comparison.

I’m not trying to talk smack here. I’m trying to get you guys to play better defense so that we’re challenged. You guys are 8th place, Fort Aspenwood. We might not have a ton of servers but that’s still the top ten. Have a little more pride in your defenses.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Nut.4713

Nut.4713

YB constantly zerg Rogue’s, but our camps aren’t usually quiet.

lol, that’s a joke right? The back and forth between Rogues/Speldan is typically 4:1 in favor of TC. Zerg my kitten

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

lol, that’s a joke right? The back and forth between Rogues/Speldan is typically 4:1 in favor of TC. Zerg my kitten

Half of the time you guys flip the Dredge camp you storm into our camp too. In fact today we were barely able to scratch you guys at Speldan while you flipped Rogue’s at least three times. Don’t tell me you guys don’t consider 30 Yak’s Benders a zerg?

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: JermyZ.3978

JermyZ.3978

So I ran into an engineer tonight. He’s an asura from FA, in the guild Talons [BT] I think. I was on my d/d ele and had a friend thief with me. We had some fun 1 on 1’s messing around. If that was your or if anyone knows him, can you have him PM me either here or in game (Grimmlett in game). He had a great build, wanted to ask him about it.

Also, for those of you who keep ALT+F4 when you die, I hope your PC blows up. Grow the eff up if you’re going to wvw, if you can’t handle it, go back to pve. Its getting extremely old and more and more are doing it.

13+ lvl 80’s too many to list. Ella Grimm elementalist is usually main.
Everything Purple [EP]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Nut.4713

Half of the time you guys flip the Dredge camp you storm into our camp too. In fact today we were barely able to scratch you guys at Speldan while you flipped Rogue’s at least three times. Don’t tell me you guys don’t consider 30 Yak’s Benders a zerg?

Sure it is, I didn’t get on till later today, can’t speak for what happened before hand. But what you’re describing is highly atypical and I trust I don’t need to explain how unusual events can’t logically be used to support an argument. Frankly I’m doubtful we sent 30 several times tonight. When I was on tonight, we attacked with 8 or 9. We don’t have the resources to send 30 there unless there’s some pressing reason to flip the camp, which is rare.

This is the second week running I’ve been on the western supply route in EB. Quite honestly I’ve been there more than probably anybody on this board. Attacks from yaks are typically 5-8 people on rogues, that’s all we can spare. The majority of the times we flip dredge we do so with 5 or fewer and don’t bother with rogues because we’ve learned it provokes a TC zerg at our camp. TC on the other hand is almost guaranteed to send 20+ up towards speldan’s every time a dredge event is up.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

Unless IoJ suffers a total collapse in the tier above (and they played exceptionally well last week), TC will remain in 7th position, at the top of tier 3. There are 40 differential points between us, and to breach that gap TC would have to over perform and IoJ under perform. IoJ typically makes the bulk of their points during the week, as opposed to the weekend where their competition in tier 2 fields higher numbers.

Provided YB remains close to or ahead of FA’s points total, their differential will rise. It already has. They’re in no danger of dropping unless FA pulls far ahead of them.

However, FA is already losing 20 differential, and CD has gained 26. That puts those two servers ‘right next’ to each in terms of points ranking. CD will gain more points as the week goes on. Therefore, FA may move down to the top of tier 4 should their final score for this week fail to reflect their current ranking when compared to TC and YB (which is how the system works).

I’m not saying it’s impossible that TC won’t move up, nor that it’s set in stone that FA will move down, because it’s still slightly too early to call. But I wouldn’t be expecting anything drastically different next week. Perhaps the week after.

In regards to defense (in EB) – it’s critical. If, as a server, you don’t have people willing to stay back and defend camps, watch the map, know ‘exactly’ where to place siege for the best defensive advantage, respond swiftly to calls and know when to cut your losses on an assault in order to save a tower back ‘home’, you are never going to rise beyond a certain point.

There’s a reason TC doesn’t lose Golanta for 8 hours straight on reset night. Loses Rogues once in the same time period. Has lost no towers in EB up to the point where I logged tonight. That’s because, slowly (very slowly) the ethos of those who regularly play in EB has evolved to the point where large numbers of players realise the ‘value’ of defense, and take ‘pride’ in being able to ward off all comers.

In tier 2, we’d be forced to defend a whole lot more than we are in tier 3. Should we reach the stage where we move to 6th position for a week, it will be interesting to see the results. While neither FA, YB or TC belong in tier 2, TC is indeed slightly too strong for tier 3 due to population coverage and a willingness to defend (in EB) that other servers lack. I can’t speak for the BL’s

And please don’t think I’m saying ‘woo, TC is the best, everyone else sucks!’ I’m well aware of TC’s many (many) failings – we make many mistakes, and still have plenty to learn. I make mistakes myself.

But we have improved. 2 months ago I could get 5 people to reliably defend a camp. Now I can have most of EB show up when need be, while having a constant defensive presence at Golanta, and to a lesser extent Rogues. And it’s not just me, it’s all of the regular EB folk that feel the same way I do and enjoy squashing attempts to take our property.

I play to make ‘those’ people proud of me, and what I can achieve, as much as I play to try and help and improve my server.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB.

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

I would love for YB & FA to tag team us – we need to feel the pressure again!

A lot of our players are becoming complacent due to this long match up of ours and because of that – things are starting to feel really stale.

Please form an alliance and 2 vs 1 us – I really miss that feeling of a true challenge and the feeling of being the underdog in battle. Which makes us grow stronger in the end.

BRING ON THE PAIN!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Radiant.5729

Radiant.5729

A lot of our players are becoming complacent due to this long match up of ours and because of that – things are starting to feel really stale.

Please form an alliance and 2 vs 1 us – I really miss that feeling of a true challenge and the feeling of being the underdog in battle. Which makes us grow stronger in the end.

BRING ON THE PAIN!

I hope you’re joking.

Faeaonna | Mesmer |
Guild Me Like ~ Yak’s Bend

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

BRING ON THE PAIN!

I hope you’re joking.

he’s not. we’ve been saying it for a few pages now. team up and kick our teeth in. we want it. we thrive on it. in fact, we need it. put us on our heels. push our backs against the wall. corner us. give us two options. do or die. put the fear back in us. make us desperate again.

seriously.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Nut.4713

Just to comment about FA’s defenses vs YB’s defenses again

While that was happening, referring to the image of a pure green fabl you were speaking of, PRO + a few pugs had roughly 30 people at Cliffside in ybbl. They did really well holding it, to give them credit, but obviously was a hopeless defense since they had nothing else on the map. Meanwhile, they lose their entire border to what frankly wasn’t a particularly strong push from TC.

I don’t get FA sometimes to be honest. Seems like they don’t really want to compete sometimes and would rather just screw around. They’re the only server I’ve fought and would say that about. They have the numbers to put queues on all 4 maps on friday night, comical really compared to what YB can muster. yet massively struggle to beat YB who can at best put half that on the map.

I’ve always said I prefer to be the out numbered server and win with team work and superior player skill. We’re still doing really well if you ask me and I’m immensely proud to be a member of yaks. There are times however when I get frustrated with being horribly out numbered, look at FA and shake my head. Give us their potential numbers and we would crush this tier.

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Harhar.5021

Harhar.5021

BRING ON THE PAIN!

I hope you’re joking.

he’s not. we’ve been saying it for a few pages now. team up and kick our teeth in. we want it. we thrive on it. in fact, we need it. put us on our heels. push our backs against the wall. corner us. give us two options. do or die. put the fear back in us. make us desperate again.

seriously.

I agree. Really. Try to focus TC and not each other before this match becomes another blow out. We on TC need the challenge and why fight for second place? Resist the urge to nuke a red or a blue tower and look for one of them green TC ones instead. Bring it!

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Meta-gaming, 2v1, and now cheating? Really.

I’m at a loss as to why all of a sudden we’re doing all these things I’ve never heard of us doing before we started this match-up 3 weeks ago.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and map update~!

Attachments:

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

Meta-gaming, 2v1, and now cheating? Really.

I’m at a loss as to why all of a sudden we’re doing all these things I’ve never heard of us doing before we started this match-up 3 weeks ago.

When people are placed in what they perceive as an unfair, unenviable or unenjoyable position (such as the notion of not being able to compete with the top server in your tier for a few weeks), it’s human nature that you begin to find fault with those you feel inhibit your ability to have fun or succeed.

Thus come the accusations of cheating, exploiting, unsportsmanlike behaviour, 2v1 (despite all servers in every match up doing this for both strategic and opportunistic reasons), and then the excuses such as ‘they zerg too much’, ‘they spend too much on siege,’ ’it’s PvDoor,’ ‘we don’t have night coverage’ and so on.

Sometimes, the excuses we make to appease our disgruntlement come from grains of truth (there was nothing FA or TC could do against the sudden population explosion and might of Blackgate, in terms of being ‘competitive’ in that match up).

Most of the time, it’s just a way for folks to vent their frustration, with little validity to their claims. It’s not just FA that complains. ‘Every’ server has people who will complain in chat and on these forums when things aren’t going the way they wish them to be. One can look at the match thread for TC/SoR or TC/FA/BG to see folks from TC bemoaning the state of affairs.

The fact of the matter is that populations have now stabilised, and while mass transfers can still happen, thus resulting in another sudden rise and fall (ala HoD/ET and SoR/BG/SoS), that is the ‘only’ thing that would result in the tiers drastically changing.

FA, CD, YB and TC (and likely IoJ) can expect to bounce around between the top of tier 4, tier 3, and the bottom of tier 2 for some time to come. If folks really do tire of such matches (and to be honest, I’ve enjoyed the last 4 weeks far more than the weeks where TC has ‘easily’ run away with the match), then the best thing for them to do is take a break, relax, and recharge, because we’re all going to be seeing a lot of each other in the future.

~Nyari Cil, Queen of EB

(edited by Vagrant.1094)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Edit: Also have seen several PRO members alt-f4 tonight. I am disappoint.

Well, they learned that from the commanders… a FA commander just ALT-F4-ed when getting killed when he tried to take one of the camps, pfffffft.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

Sure it is, I didn’t get on till later today, can’t speak for what happened before hand. But what you’re describing is highly atypical and I trust I don’t need to explain how unusual events can’t logically be used to support an argument. Frankly I’m doubtful we sent 30 several times tonight. When I was on tonight, we attacked with 8 or 9. We don’t have the resources to send 30 there unless there’s some pressing reason to flip the camp, which is rare.

This is the second week running I’ve been on the western supply route in EB. Quite honestly I’ve been there more than probably anybody on this board. Attacks from yaks are typically 5-8 people on rogues, that’s all we can spare. The majority of the times we flip dredge we do so with 5 or fewer and don’t bother with rogues because we’ve learned it provokes a TC zerg at our camp. TC on the other hand is almost guaranteed to send 20+ up towards speldan’s every time a dredge event is up.

I’m just posting what I’ve seen (and what I’m sure others I recognize posting in here can attest to). Yak’s Bend sent a zerg of no less than 15 and no more than 40 players into Rogue’s Quarry at least three times over the course of the day yesterday. I had a day off and put in 12 hours. It happened. If you were there or not, it happened.

I can also attest to the same size zerg performing similar actions on and off through out the week. You guys get outmanned quite a bit (such as right now), but surely you don’t believe that you are incapable of forming zergs during peak hours? Don’t underestimate yourselves — that’s our job.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

While that was happening, referring to the image of a pure green fabl you were speaking of, PRO + a few pugs had roughly 30 people at Cliffside in ybbl. They did really well holding it, to give them credit, but obviously was a hopeless defense since they had nothing else on the map. Meanwhile, they lose their entire border to what frankly wasn’t a particularly strong push from TC.

We decided we didn’t want to waste our time fighting a battle we couldn’t win against zergs from both other servers in our own borderlands. Which ties together with this:

As an FA player and commander I came to a realization tonight. I’m NEVER going to care enough about winning tier 3 to sit with 3 other people in an empty supply camp and watch Dolayks for hours on a Saturday night.

..which is an attitude more and more people on FA are getting, including me, although i’d like to add “that will get overrun by a zerg anyway” to the empty supply camp bit.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Unfortunately.5940)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

We decided we didn’t want to waste our time fighting a battle we couldn’t win against zergs from both other servers in our own borderlands. Which ties together with this:

As an FA player and commander I came to a realization tonight. I’m NEVER going to care enough about winning tier 3 to sit with 3 other people in an empty supply camp and watch Dolayks for hours on a Saturday night.

..which is an attitude more and more people on FA are getting, including me, although i’d like to add “that will get overrun by a zerg anyway” to the empty supply camp bit.

I’m definitely not trying to mock you or anything, but were you there during our match against BG? Honestly, do we, TC, seem to be as zergy and tough and ruthless as they were? At one point today, on TCBL, I guess there were only 2-3 active players from my side, actively watching the map, exchanging info on enemy movements and responding immediately. Rest were all scattered on other maps.

On a sidenote, today I was flipping the sentry by the ruins on TCBL, and suddenly I saw a FA female human guardian with [MHZ] tag heading my way. I wanted to finish my job with the sentry first but she headed in my direction anyway. We had a great duel. After a good 2min. fight she managed to down me, but instead just walked away towards the lake, and bowed to me. I managed to revive myself from downed state, and moved towards the Bluevale sentry where she was flipping that sentry. I stood there, waited for her to finish, bowed to her and watch her move on into the camp. I was expecting another duel but, I guess she ported back to the spawn or walked around the camp through the buildings. It was a great fight, and am honored. Hope we can catch up again when things get quite slow, I’ll try to remember and not finish you (if I ever manage to down you that is :P).
And the elementalist from YB (don’t remember which guild), who was heading to finish her skill pt. by the skritts on TCBL, am sorry if my friends killed you instead of helping you out, am sure you weren’t there for an actual fight or take camps etc. And the other YB engineer, who at that same point very slowly, timidly walked towards me after I waved at you, almost to a feet distance from me and just watched at me in surprise as I walked away, saw my friends chase you as well. Well, it is PvP, and not everyone wants a friendly battle, but it was a nice fight earlier by sunnyhill and you gave us a run for quite long till the skritts, lol. Some nice friendly moments from two opposing servers today

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

Just to comment about FA’s defenses vs YB’s defenses again, this is not the first time we’ve had basically this same exact picture these past few weeks. We (Tarnished Coast) have trouble taking anything from Yak’s borderlands because their defenses are strong/off-putting. You guys are easy mode in comparison.

I’m not trying to talk smack here. I’m trying to get you guys to play better defense so that we’re challenged. You guys are 8th place, Fort Aspenwood. We might not have a ton of servers but that’s still the top ten. Have a little more pride in your defenses.

You contradict yourself in your own post. First you say Yak’s BL has strong defenses which are very challenging to take and then you turn around asking FA to be better defensively because you want a challenge.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

You contradict yourself in your own post. First you say Yak’s BL has strong defenses which are very challenging to take and then you turn around asking FA to be better defensively because you want a challenge.

Probably he/she meant that he/she expects a challenge from FA while taking things from them. So not quite a contradiction.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Kerithlan.1659

It is not a contradiction. We are winning because we eat FA, as they are an easy meal. Please stop giving us an easy meal so that we actually feel hungry and consider taking on YB. There’s no point going into Yak’s borderland when there’s easy meals over in FABL and EB.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

BRING ON THE PAIN!

I hope you’re joking.

I’m not joking. I’m being serious. Co-ordinate amongst yourselves to make this a reality. We’ll be waiting for you

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Well, they learned that from the commanders… a FA commander just ALT-F4-ed when getting killed when he tried to take one of the camps, pfffffft.

most of us dont (apart from the greek who is obsessed with that XD…DEMOTED) we had a lot of dc though lately when fighting a bigger group. our commanders dcd like 5 times tonight, come on he even watched pink dancing over his dead body…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Galantis.3267

Galantis.3267

You have no idea how much effort I’ve put into holding spelding/dredge side and how much it is terribly ignored by yak’s. And for some reason a lot are still ignorant to fact that dredge/ogres is a huge buffer to attacks and sign of a coming attack.

But whenever rogue is taken here comes the TC zerg which always out numbers the force that takes rogue’s. That’s why you don’t get pushed, we don’t have the numbers or when we do they go after SM. And for some reason a lot want to take SM when we can’t hold our own forts. I’ve played at all hours and we are outnumbered on EB most of the time.

And yak’s are not great at attack cause frankly, don’t have resource or man power to attack properly. I swear half don’t pick up supply’s or have any siege blueprints. Don’t how many times I’ve had to run back and forth from supply camp to build a ram while couple others sit and attack door with their measly 50 damage or so.

As for BL, i barely go because it’s way too open, to much running.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Just to comment about FA’s defenses vs YB’s defenses again

I don’t get FA sometimes to be honest. Seems like they don’t really want to compete sometimes and would rather just screw around. They’re the only server I’ve fought and would say that about. They have the numbers to put queues on all 4 maps on friday night, comical really compared to what YB can muster. yet massively struggle to beat YB who can at best put half that on the map.

I’ve always said I prefer to be the out numbered server and win with team work and superior player skill. We’re still doing really well if you ask me and I’m immensely proud to be a member of yaks. There are times however when I get frustrated with being horribly out numbered, look at FA and shake my head. Give us their potential numbers and we would crush this tier.

we left FA because we werre tired of being the only people on the map defending FA. most of the other guilds arent online and care more about eb than fa bl, sometimes we wanna have fun too and go out and attack.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Radiant.5729

Radiant.5729

BRING ON THE PAIN!

I hope you’re joking.

I’m not joking. I’m being serious. Co-ordinate amongst yourselves to make this a reality. We’ll be waiting for you

I don’t think there’s any reason to ally with FA to fight TC just because the majority of TC is bored. If you believe your server is ready for Tier 2, come to YB BL and take our properties long enough to push your server into T2.

We’ll be waiting for you

Faeaonna | Mesmer |
Guild Me Like ~ Yak’s Bend

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I swear half don’t pick up supply’s or have any siege blueprints. Don’t how many times I’ve had to run back and forth from supply camp to build a ram while couple others sit and attack door with their measly 50 damage or so.

That is the same on TC, you know. There are always people just standing there shooting the gate here too.

If you just say in /map ‘Some people come with me to supply’ chances are no-one will come.

But if you whisper 3-4 peopel individually and ask them to come, saying very specifically that it is to build a ram that does 3,000 damage per swing instead of their 30 damage, then very few people refuse to come.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shinhwa.1604

Shinhwa.1604

..which is an attitude more and more people on FA are getting, including me, although i’d like to add “that will get overrun by a zerg anyway” to the empty supply camp bit.[/quote]

I care about winning. I have sat in a supply camp for 2+ hours while my teammates took first a tower and then bay. Any time there was an attack on it, I’d let my teammates know and they’d fall back to counter. Teammates even offered to relieve me, but I have dual monitors and Netflix. Battles are always available. I’d like to win the war instead.

Fort Aspenwood

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shinhwa.1604

Shinhwa.1604

I care about winning. I have sat in a supply camp for 2+ hours while my teammates took first a tower and then bay. Any time there was an attack on it, I’d let my teammates know and they’d fall back to counter. Teammates even offered to relieve me, but I have dual monitors and Netflix. Battles are always available. I’d like to win the war instead.

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Shinhwa.1604)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: papacooldown.9482

papacooldown.9482

Just moved to TC from FA recently and i gotta say, i never noticed how much of an obsession FA has with camping jump puzzles when i was there. Maybe that’s the real reason FA gets double teamed.

Papa Cooldown – Mesmer
[BLNT] Better Luck Next Time
Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Soba.3041

It is not a contradiction. We are winning because we eat FA, as they are an easy meal. Please stop giving us an easy meal so that we actually feel hungry and consider taking on YB. There’s no point going into Yak’s borderland when there’s easy meals over in FABL and EB.

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood because we have a difference in play styles.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dogbollox.3941

dogbollox.3941

…..asks for a challenge……avoids challenge….I don’t know how to feel about this…..FA defending on at least 2 fronts on their own borderland 24/7…yaks and tc avoid each other’s bl’s like the cooties…i dont know how to feel about this…. questions defense……*puts on tin foil hat

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and map update~!

Attachments:

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Harhar.5021

Harhar.5021

I know it been a tough couple of weeks for all three of our servers though hopefully us TC’ers will move up to tier 2 soon so we can stop picking on you Yak’s and FA’s ;P

According to this site:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

The chances are not high that TC will move up to T2 though it is a real possibility if IoJ loses badly in their match and we pull out WAY ahead in the score (still not likely.)

But good news FA! It looks like if you guys continue to implode in 3rd place—and CD keeps the dominating T4 score—then you guys may switch places! Then you can get your turn face-rolling that tier next week—since I am pretty sure you guys would easily dominate both EBay and Mag.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

[GODS] never transferred. The few that did move to TC are no longer in guild.

Are you suggesting GODS lost only a few people? Because I haven’t seen more than a handful this week, compared with endless 40 man zergs last week. PRO on the other hand looks like the new GODS.

A small amount left the guild and transferred to tarnished coast.

A large amount of inactive players were kicked from the guild.

In the initial confusion when Derv was saying we would be transferring to TC a lot of people left the guild because they didn’t want to move to TC or they just didn’t want to be in anymore.

We lost a lot of members, very few of that was due to transfers.

Anet make Rev great again.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Soba.3041

But good news FA! It looks like if you guys continue to implode in 3rd place—and CD keeps the dominating T4 score—then you guys may switch places! Then you can get your turn face-rolling that tier next week—since I am pretty sure you guys would easily dominate both EBay and Mag.

That’s not good news. I’d rather lose fighting a “strong” opponent than win fighting a “weak” one. Again just a matter of play styles.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

If TC wants a challenge and claims we (FA) suck at defense then go hit Yaks since you seem to respect their defense so much and want a challenge. Our defense sucks right now cause we are fighting a two front war. While i know the two servers never made a pact to gang up on us, its still frustrating from an FA stand point to see both TC and Yaks borderlands in complete control and see both servers attacking FA in our own borderlands and in EB. I will say that morale seems low on the FA side because we don’t have the manpower to defend everything being thrown at us.

I will say that i greatly respect TC’s tactics. You make great use of seige and mesmers. If you want to be ready for T2 then go hit Yaks and get through their defense cause i imagine that is what you will face in T2.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Saradon WarChild.2034

Saradon WarChild.2034

Yeah I’m not hating. If you guys enjoy having a handful of thieves running around camps stealth just waiting for your zerg to show up, then all the power to you guys. It’s a great stratedgy and working really well for TC. Once thieves can no longer hold a camp stealthed, who knows how that will change. You might have to keep more people guarding the camps.

I’m just saying that from my point of view I play the game for constant fighting. There’s no prize for “winning the war”. Absolutely nothing at all. So for me, personally, spending even 15 minutes standing around hoping for action is just 15 minutes wasted.

My Hammer Your Face 80 Warrior
[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Saradon WarChild.2034

Saradon WarChild.2034

I know it been a tough couple of weeks for all three of our servers though hopefully us TC’ers will move up to tier 2 soon so we can stop picking on you Yak’s and FA’s ;P

According to this site:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

The chances are not high that TC will move up to T2 though it is a real possibility if IoJ loses badly in their match and we pull out WAY ahead in the score (still not likely.)

Could very well be. Although we were losing by several thousand points to Yak’s on Thursday and by Friday reset had pushed them down to Third so you never know.

If FA gets pushed to Tier 4, we’ll crush there again like we did last time. Yak won’t make ground on TC so FA will more than likely bounce back to Tier 3 the next week with a bunch more points.

My Hammer Your Face 80 Warrior
[VK] Commander

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

So I ran into an engineer tonight. He’s an asura from FA, in the guild Talons [BT] I think. I was on my d/d ele and had a friend thief with me. We had some fun 1 on 1’s messing around. If that was your or if anyone knows him, can you have him PM me either here or in game (Grimmlett in game). He had a great build, wanted to ask him about it.

Also, for those of you who keep ALT+F4 when you die, I hope your PC blows up. Grow the eff up if you’re going to wvw, if you can’t handle it, go back to pve. Its getting extremely old and more and more are doing it.

That was me…had some very fun fights

I run a glass cannon static discharge build…you were easily the hardest person i have fought…couldnt quite seem to get all my burst to land on you

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shardain.6947

Shardain.6947

People on FA seem to be feeling more and more like there’s no point in even resisting TC anymore. Our defense wasn’t the best before, but I’ve noticed that it’s only gotten worse during this match up. Not many people want to defend anymore because generally that massive TC zerg is still going to take what they want even if we have a bunch of people sitting on that tower/keep, and enough of our wvwers feel that it’s a waste of time and effort because it doesn’t make a difference in the end. But it would make a difference if those same wvwers were there to aid in the defense of that tower or keep. Those people make all the difference in our defense, and they simply don’t think we can do it or don’t feel like putting in that kind of effort.

Quite honestly, half of our commanders aren’t helping the situation either, they are only encouraging this hopelessness. You people paid 100g for a blue dorito over your head, don’t use it to demoralize people.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

There is no TC anyone alliance. Even tho TC has remained in 1st place for a few weeks there has rarely if ever been an instance where i couldnt log into either the YB or FA or even TC homeland and be quickly sent to a local rezpad.

The fighting has been good and strong on all three fronts. I dont support alliances of any kind…. but i will admit the thought of YB and FA teaming up to burn us down does sound like a lot of fun.

alliances to zerg and demoralize = fail
alliance to create renewed energy = fun

(but i still would stand against it as once alliances start they are hard to stop and alliances in general make for poor game play)

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I’ll just say that while people say YB are strong at defense and FA aren’t, I’ve been on the wrong end of plenty of attempts into FA territory as well. When FA actually commit to defense they do it extremely well – whenever it seems FA is being weak on defense it generally means they aren’t even attempting, rather than being poor at it. For example the few times we have wiped FA borderlands is simply because FA chose to vacate the map. That is a problem because at least to TC, defense wins the war and that general mindset is reflected in our play.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

I have to agree w you there ykyk. I remember last week was the best battle Ive ever been in, we TC tried to take FA’s keep, we dropped I dunno how many golems (at least 5 from our guild) we breached both walls. Yaks was on the other side and had breached both walls as well. It was so much fun and lasted for sooo long. But in the end neither TC or Yaks took it, they held it. Most epic fight Ive seen but the point is FA defended well. When they want to they can. I have respect for both servers Yaks and FA. But I do think this tiering system is getting stale and predictable. I love TC and will never transfer but I hope Anet does something to put some spice back in.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: JermyZ.3978

JermyZ.3978

That was me…had some very fun fights

I run a glass cannon static discharge build…you were easily the hardest person i have fought…couldnt quite seem to get all my burst to land on you

Thanks man! My friend (the thief) and I were just talking the other day about how we haven’t really encountered any ranger or engineer that surprised us. The two of us often split off from zergs to take camps and small pvp matchups, etc. Both of us were totally surprised by your build. For a glass cannon, you have really good survivability even. Those nets and getting hit by flame blasts and confusion were totally messing me up, haha. Was a great fight. If you don’t mind, would you be able to PM me a build? I’ve been getting tired of playing d/d ele now that everyone and their mom has been trying to make one and a lot of them suck. Lol.

13+ lvl 80’s too many to list. Ella Grimm elementalist is usually main.
Everything Purple [EP]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Guys, as an FA players, there is no point about complaining about 2v1.

2v1 are supposed to happen

However usually they don’t happen, or they happen the wrong way. Arena.net envisioned the two weaker servers making an alliance against the stronger server to keep things from being stale and boring with the most populated server being the obvious winner from day 1.

But this is usually not what happens, for a variety of reasons.
What usually happens is servers 1 and 3 team up against 2, or 1 and 2 team up against 3. The orb bonuses and keep upgrades and population advantage mean that if you are looking to take something, it is much easier to go take it from the person in 2nd or 3rd place than the person in 1st place. Then there is the whole fighting for second so you don’t get kicked down a tier. Taking points from your rival for 2nd place are twice as valuable as taking points from the guy in 1st place.

Usually it’s a good close fight the first night, then as soon as it becomes obvious that one server has an advantage in off hours coverage/population and gets, a lead, the other two servers more or less stop showing up. I don’t really blame them so much. The goal of wuvwuv is to win, if you can’t win by placing first, why show up? The character progression track tied to RvR like DAOC had is not present, so I would say the majority of the casuals on most servers check out if it looks like they are majorly behind after the first night and spend their time some other way. Who wants to spend game time getting zerged and losing silver to repairs?

I’d also guess that the Wuvwuv population on all servers is down, but especially for TC/FA/Yaks, as the state of wuvwuv generally is pretty bad, IMO, with numbers and off hours coverage counting for way more than they should. I like our matchup, but you have to admit the result is never really in doubt. People like feeling they can make a difference and are unlikely to come out and fight when they know the result is already determined.

It looks unlikely that TC will move up to tier 2. If they did, some tier 2 server would move down to Tier 3 and stomp us. If we or YB falls down to tier 4, we’ll stomp those servers the way we’ve stomped them in the past, which is equally unfun.

The closest match would probably be FA/YB/CD, but there’s no way that match is going to happen unless some server completely implodes and goes the way of ET/HoD. Of course, with transfers, that could happen.

I’m starting to think the wuvwuv matches need to just be on the weekend with nothing in between. Friday nights are FUN. Good close fights, madness all around, score see saws back and forth. Then after that…FA/YB getting rolled by much larger #’s of TC.

Or maybe they should have 4 hour segments and calculate a winner at the end of 4 hours or…something. Something to convince the mass of players they should come out and fight even if TC is 100k points ahead and going to win. Currently most players (rather rationally) feel their time is best spent elsewhere.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

Hah, FA nearly completely pushed out by TC and Yaks out of all zones. Not sure what Yaks are up to, they have even less chance with T4 server as 3d against TC, but next week we will get another blow out if we move down to T4.

As to 2v1 – I am surprised there is any doubt about it at this point. Does TC even fights against Yaks? I sure thing don’t see it outside of EB.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

What would be delicious irony if TC went up to T2 for a week of curbstomping as a result of these shenanigans.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

I don’t see the irony, nor do I see any shenanigans =(

Most of us know we will lose badly in T2, too. If we were really pulling shenanigans, we’ll be throwing as hard as possible to avoid gaining points, but I don’t think we are doing that. If playing as hard as we always do gets us to tier 2 where we get promptly destroyed, so be it. We’ll come out of it stronger

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Nut.4713

Do you guys on FA realize that the YB force hitting your border is very often only around 30 people total? Zergs… really. Honestly how many people do you think we’re putting there?

Aeyden – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend