11/30 - TC, FA & YB

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

Speaking of emotes as I see a few are, I find laugh and dance few and far between. I find, in my case at least, /bow being used more, to enemy commanders and in return. In fact just the other day I got caught up in about 5 FA and fought as best I could while moving to try and get into a keep. The battle lasted for a while and there was some actual fighting not just escape attempts. Most of the group bowed to me after they got me and I would have done the same.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

TC probably does do a bit more zerging than some other realms. It’s been mentioned before that the mass of puggers in TC is sort of like a militia. Left on their own they tend to mill around the bridges around the Briars and not do much.

As soon as a Commander (or forceful personality in /team) shows up to take charge however they turn into a rampaging beast. Judging from what I see people from other realms saying (I haven’t played on any other ones – so this is just conjecture) it seems that after the first few weeks in WvW the pugs pretty much respect all the Commanders and we tend to not have as much “chat wars” in our own faction.

Also there is that “Morale” advantage that keeps getting mentioned. I think TC tends to retain player interest throughout the week better, so while other servers may start fielding less people TC stays fairly full, adding to the “zerginess”.

That I do agree with. Saying we zerg than any other server is exaggeration.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

I don’t mind emotes either, my point was, regarding zerging and how TC individual players lack skill unless they are in zerg. I brought up how FA zergs feel almighty after downing a couple of players and instead of moving on, they emote with laugh and stuff. If you beat me 1v1 and laugh, am fine with that. Don’t laugh as if you’ve achieved some milestone in human history by being a part of the zerg that has 100% odds against them vs 2-3 players. THAT was my point. We all zerg. I bow down when people fight bravely, and jump 2-3 times if corpses spy but then just leave and make sure I dont step on them while spying there, as a manner of respect.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

Oh no oh dont you dear. This is good drama. Like a reality show, but about roman Gods and borderlands.

It’s not good drama, lol. It’s a couple of people being lame. Right now, one of them is sitting in our Raidcall group even though very few people are on at this time and no one is talking. He decided to impersonate one our members (me lol) even though I’m already there so it’s obvious he’s not one of us.

TC players need to teach them a thing or two imo. You guys seem like you have a lot of fun in the middle of conflict. These guys are just angry.

Good lord man I gotta hand it to ya you are great at keeping the drama rolling. Oh kitten I’m keeping it rolling AS WE SPEAK!

See’s BLNT member. Squeals and tackles Had so much fun in the Borderlands with your members. Was hilarious all of us lined up holding back I believe FA, dancing while we waited for them to come at us.

That’s what WWW is all about. Fun, laughs, and fights!

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Zias.2493

Zias.2493

Just because you think you’re running alone doesn’t mean there isn’t an kitten of people behind you with the same idea… just sayin’.

Ya because it’s real hard to tell if people are around you or not….just sayin
All this talk about zergs is funny though since there’s been plenty of battles where I’ve seen large numbers with the same guild tag (I won’t mention the name they know who they are) get run over by our pugs with equal or lesser numbers but yet it’s always 10 of them versus the world. Hey if that helps you sleep at night keep telling yourself that. Am I saying sometimes we don’t put together large numbers of course not but it happens on all sides. Oh and I’ve never seen so much Alt-F4 from a server before. Should we rename it to Alt-FA? Maybe if you spent more time getting back into the fight instead having to log back into the game you might make some ground….just sayin

The Skeleton Krew (TSK) – Tarnished Coast
Level 80 Charr Necromancer
Level 80 Sylvari Thief

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

:) Just here to update score,

TC 186k, 315 pp
Yaks 114k, 35 pp
FA 111k, 345pp

FAs are doing well in EB, while TC swept Yakbl’s upgrades, battle for second place should still be intense till reset, or I would hope.

Edit: Yeah wow I switched it up.

(edited by Sam.8193)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

To be fair you only see the zerg because it’s the zerg that knocks on your gates with the force of Hercules. You don’t see our camp defenders or our back line as often because we’re keeping you busy.

I think you are not spending enough time in your back line because there is almost never anyone back there. The only time I see anyone in the back line, is if there is a small enemy force back there and then they are zerging them down.

I am just here since saturday testing out FA as I think testing a server when it is losing is a better way to see if a server is right for you. I am not part of your ongoing server drama, but right now TC is a zerg server and they zerg harder then most.

That said most servers that are winning by a lot and control most of the map, are naturally going to be at their zergiest, in my experience. The good players are playing less and doing other things because it is boring for them. The bad, fair weather WvWers are all out in force because they think right now is an awesome time to WvW and those folks, they love the safety of zergs.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cord.5371

Cord.5371

TC 186k, 315 pp
Yaks 114k, 345 pp
FA 111k, 35pp

FAs are doing well in EB, while TC swept Yakbl’s upgrades, battle for second place should still be intense till reset, or I would hope.

Did you get Yak’s and FA’s pp switched there? Or did Yak’s sweep the map in the last hour or so since the last update screens?

Fort Aspenwood Dolyak Killing Society
www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

TC 186k, 315 pp
Yaks 114k, 345 pp
FA 111k, 35pp

Is the pp right? The mos site updated the scores for this match 56 minutes ago and has FA as the one with the higher pp. It’s possible FA collapsed at this time of day of course.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

TC 186k, 315 pp
Yaks 114k, 345 pp
FA 111k, 35pp

Did you get Yak’s and FA’s pp switched there? Or did Yak’s sweep the map in the last hour or so since the last update screens?

I think he just switched up the scores. Right now its:
FA- 335 Points
TC- 320 Points
YB- 40 Points

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sam.8193

Sam.8193

Yeah… I messed it up QQ

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Hopefully FA can stay in the tier. We have not gotten our chance to fight CD yet. Fighting Maguuma will still be fun of course.

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

To be fair you only see the zerg because it’s the zerg that knocks on your gates with the force of Hercules. You don’t see our camp defenders or our back line as often because we’re keeping you busy.

I think you are not spending enough time in your back line because there is almost never anyone back there. The only time I see anyone in the back line, is if there is a small enemy force back there and then they are zerging them down.

I am just here since saturday testing out FA as I think testing a server when it is losing is a better way to see if a server is right for you. I am not part of your ongoing server drama, but right now TC is a zerg server and they zerg harder then most.

That said most servers that are winning by a lot and control most of the map, are naturally going to be at their zergiest, in my experience. The good players are playing less and doing other things because it is boring for them. The bad, fair weather WvWers are all out in force because they think right now is an awesome time to WvW and those folks, they love the safety of zergs.

What time of day do you play? That’s sort of important. If you’ve only been playing overnight in North America then you’re just going to see TC zerging because our server is almost uncontested during those hours. FA and YB don’t have the same night population that we can front so there’s almost no need to play defense.

If you’re playing during prime time then you’ll always find people milling around and watching camps, especially when YB and FA are both at their peak (weekends mostly). When it comes to each server playing at their best, TC buckles down and does it right.

I also play almost exclusively in the Eternal Battleground so I can’t speak for borderland play.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

TC is by far the zergiest server I’ve ever played against. Skill wise the people in the zerg are less skilled then people on other servers, but my god there is always just so many of them.

Don’t take this personal, just an observation.

When you get into higher tiers, you face servers with higher population. That should be a no-brainer.

Your argument is a standard argument used by bad players and low morale players. Zergs always have some bad/low lev players an some good players. If you are that good, you can find places to get kills solo or in a small group and stay away from zergs for the most part.

If you think you have it bad, you haven’t had many tough fights in WvW. TC has had its fair share of getting totally zerged since release by servers like Dragonbrand, SoR, Blackgate, etc. (way worse than what you guys are experiencing, I’m talking like 400k to 30k score.). This is actually probably the most balanced matchup we’ve had since release.

Maid Of The Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Also @Fort Aspenwood players:

Awesome job coming back like that. You’re very close in points to Yak’s Bend right now so thanks to this push it’s a toss-up who’s going to drop down. It’s getting interesting and exciting — keep playing like that if you can.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Ya know, we did tell you guys to doubleteam us….That’ll probably split our forces. You don’t even need to talk to each other, you just need to keep track of each other’s movement and coordinate….

Or we can just come here, and complain…that works too I guess.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What time of day do you play? That’s sort of important. If you’ve only been playing overnight in North America then you’re just going to see TC zerging because our server is almost uncontested during those hours. FA and YB don’t have the same night population that we can front so there’s almost no need to play defense.

If you’re playing during prime time then you’ll always find people milling around and watching camps, especially when YB and FA are both at their peak (weekends mostly). When it comes to each server playing at their best, TC buckles down and does it right.

I also play almost exclusively in the Eternal Battleground so I can’t speak for borderland play.

I play all maps and a pretty wide spread of times of the day, given I work from home and my work schedule sometimes keeps me up late to deal with an issue, etc. I would say I am most often on sporadically in the hours between 6 am PST to 12am PST. Depends on the day.

~ AoN ~

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

There’s a lot of excuses here, a lot of grumbling and complaining -still- about teaming up with one server or the other. I’ve spent the last week in YBBL killing Yaks, if there’s an alliance, they must be mighty pissed at me and the other TCers fighting them, not to mention how they’re constantly on our supply camps.

There is far too much pride and bravado going on in this thread that you’re clutching for excuses instead of sucking up the result and trying to pull back where you can. There are a lot of very strange analogies going on to justify viewpoints – for example, 2nd place in a board game is meaningless. Sure, but we’re not playing a board game here where every time you play, it’s a level field where the win doesn’t matter, you can’t get pushed down a tier or go up a tier and face (potentially) harder opponents; it’s NOTHING like a board game.

FA, I absolutely understand why you wanted to roll out hard against us at the starting gun, nobody likes going after the technically weakest side for an easy win so to speak, but your pride has overtaken the notion of strategy and you’ve turned TC into your white whale and as such, YB has overtaken you. Second place here is not meangingless, wouldn’t you rather stay in the same tier than move down? Also, you have to realise, when you come rolling out hard after us, we’re going to send some serious force your way, don’t blame that on an alliance with YB, you’d shown yourselves as the bigger threat, don’t be surprised when we treat you as such and not concentrate too much on the little guy while we’re doing it.

I also agree with what Phantom said; when we pull out a big lead, we just get very lazy and very sloppy, people become arrogant and complacent when they think they don’t have to fight for anything and our defence just goes completely down the toilet. Conversely, when we have 1 tower left in EB or just the keep, that’s when we start stepping up a gear.

Nah, I’m alone. Just saying.

I can vouch for this for the most part. I’m usually solo capping the same objectives on my thief and I’ve run into you and you’ve run into me a couple times on a supply camp, but there’s never usually a group around, if it’s not solo, it’s usually me and you and even that’s quite rare.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Moderator)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Just a few thoughts.

1. I kinda enjoy the drama so long as no one is taking it too seriously and everyone remembers its a game. Some healthy competition is ok.

2. Score aside… as a TC player if i zone into WVW during primetime and try to head north in the YB zone i get wrecked. If i try to head north in the FA zone i get wrecked. This is an epically good match.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: HTXL.2598

HTXL.2598

Hopefully FA can stay in the tier. We have not gotten our chance to fight CD yet. Fighting Maguuma will still be fun of course.

The score between FA and YB is close.

If anything, TC needs to move up.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I don’t think we’re that zergy. No more than any other server we’ve fought in the past….. I see a lot of people not running with the zerg now. Ever since I left it, I’ve met a lot of others like me that prefer skirmishes.

TC is by far the zergiest server I’ve ever played against. Skill wise the people in the zerg are less skilled then people on other servers, but my god there is always just so many of them.

Don’t take this personal, just an observation.

Wait, didn’t you play against Blackgate?

I’m going to try and not spam up this thread my posts so I’ll quickly make my points here:

1) I don’t know much more about the GODS/BLNT drama than the next person, but since BLNT are now part of our server (and having spoken to a few of them), I kind of feel compelled to speak up. I do believe they are nice people and so I wish some of you would stop dragging them through the dirt and trash-talking them at every opportunity. Conversely, I think they should just let it go and move on with the rest of us in TC. ^^

2) I’ve heard there are spies on Tarnished Coast, relaying info back to Fort Aspenwood. If this is true, then I just think it’s very, very sad. We did test it out a few times and announced in teamchat that a team would be hitting Woodhaven; funnily enough, people did turn up to Woodhaven a few minutes later. Btw, I’m just mentioning this because I thought it was odd… Not trying to annoy anyone here.

3) Um, when I’m in the EBJP, I tell any other TCers in there not to build arrow carts or siege or any kind and to let people through if they’re not attacking anyone else. Honestly, I can’t speak for other groups because I’m not a robot and I’m not on all the time but when I am there, we aren’t ‘camping’. We’re just porting our own people up whilst trying to make sure (since we’re already there) that the people who are attacking others don’t get to the top.

4) I wish some of you would stop being antagonistic to people like Phaneo. I play with him and the fact that, despite his efforts to be mature and forthcoming with everyone, you’re still twisting his words and trying to bait him or something is kind of disappointing. People like Daedalus should be posting more often tbh. I like him/her.

Okay, I think I covered all my points!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

The score between FA and YB is close.

If anything, TC needs to move up.

IoJ will destroy us. We’ll never get a FA/YB/CD fight unless one of the top 7 servers collapse lol. Another possibility is if one of the top 7 servers loses enough population to equal FA/YB. But right now, CD coming up is a sure thing. Either FA or YB will drop to fight Mag and EB.

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Score and map update~!

Attachments:

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@Static: You’re mistaking pride for a competitive spirit. If it’s going to be a competition, I’m going to try to win. Even if it’s friendly. That’s how a competitive spirit works. Pride has nothing to do with it, because I can still have fun win or lose. The attempt is more important to me than the outcome.

However, if we are going to take the stance that we just want to have fun, then the score doesn’t matter at all, really. I don’t care if we have no points on the map, if I log in and can find a good fight, I’m happy. In that case though, it’s inappropriate to bring up the score or try to tell us to settle for 2nd place, because once it gets rolled back into a competition, see the first point.

The Glicko system is literally the least important thing to me in WvW. Any number of factors that are completely out of our individual hands can cause our rating to rocket up or down, depending on how the dice fell. Clinging desperately to a tier is, in my opinion, to intentionally destroy the spirit of the game.

But that’s just my opinion. It really has nothing to do with pride, and attempting to label it as such simply displays a misunderstanding of it.

On-Topic: Good work FA on keeping it real, again. I haven’t had an opportunity to log in recently (much to my dismay), but I’m happy to see we’re bringing heat back.

Have fun out there, folks.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Mike Smith.7268

Mike Smith.7268

I’ve had an awesome time playing on the YB and FA BL’s the last few nights with my small squad of TCers.

As a former FC in EVE Online directing 1000v1000 battles routinely, I’m enjoying the small scale combat that the BL’s bring as a change of pace. I purposefully haven’t purchased the Commander tag, as the Commanders on our server are doing a pretty bang up job of rallying the masses and making (mostly) intelligent decisions on where/when to hit the next target. That’s 100g that I can spend elsewhere.

A few nights ago my small group of two thieves and an Ele engaged Yak’s at the south supply camp on the YB BL map. We had taken the camp previously, but YB took it back while we were off roaming in the ruins. There were eight Benders at the camp when we arrived, so my group hid while I feigned shock and kited the enemy out where we could engage them.

Best fight I’ve had in a long time. Our other thief died almost right away, and our Ele and I strung it out over 10 minutes. We’d kill some of the Benders, only to have the others insta-revive them through sheer numbers. Reinforcements didn’t help the situation either. What was originally a 3v8 rapidly turned into a 2v10. I was blowing every…single…utility on cooldown just to keep us alive for much of the fight. To the Guardian that we kept perma-downed…sorry, that was probably a frustrating experience.

10 minutes after the fight began, we’d “won” by stomping 3, and the other 7 retreating. Or so I thought. I give the order to chase the enemy retreating toward the ruins when the YB zerg arrives. 2v7 became 2v22+. Stealth utilities still on cooldown from the previous fight, I dropped pretty quickly while our Ele escaped.

Similar experience last night on the FA BL. I was on my Ele this time, alongside a warhorn Warrior and GS Mesmer. We were at the western supply camp just south of Bay when GODS showed up en masse. First it was one of them. Awesome, instagibbed. Then 2. Down, down, stomp stomp. Then 6. “Erm, guys…let’s reconsider this…” Finally the GODS numbers capped at 8, and 2 unaffiliated FA’s brought that number to 10. Long odds.

We quickly dropped a portal in the middle of the camp and ran like crazy deeper in. The idea was string the enemy out, portal back and escape back out through the entrance or up the hill and over the arch. It worked, mostly.

Only 7 of the enemy had followed us deeper into the camp. The other 3 stuck around right on the portal entrance. Thankfully one of them was uplevelled, so we focused him down 100-0 before he had a chance to react. The other 2 decided it was best to join their allies and headed in the direction we’d taken not 30 seconds prior. We stomped one, but the other rejoined the now-together 8 defenders streaming after us like a pack of enraged bulls.

I’m still not wanting to fight 3v8, as FA controlled Bay at that point. They could easily be reinforced at any point of a protracted fight, turning a 3v8 into a 3v10, 3v15, 3v20, etc… So the order was given to Mass Invis, break LoS, and run back deeper into the camp again. I was hopeful that GODS would be so single-minded in thinking we’d try to escape OUT of the camp that they wouldn’t look further in. We cloak up, they run past, and I give it a slow 60-count as we’re skulking behind the buildings. No enemies remain in the camp.

Rather than recall home, we decide to take the camp for good measure. Again, I’m counting on a lack of GODS situational awareness. As they streamed out of the camp a minute prior, they clearly hadn’t seen us leave. None of us were thieves, so we could not have traveled that far stealthed. We have at max two stealth skills between the party, both on the mesmer, for a grand total of 7 seconds of stealth (or thereabouts). A smart commander/squad leader/etc… would have checked the interior one more time after running out of the choke point and not seeing us. They didn’t. We flipped the camp, capped it, and then hid out on the arch above the choke as GODS streamed in one more time.

We decided not to press our luck any further, and recalled back home to sell from our completely full bags.

Regarding emotes. I believe there is a time and place for them, and will use them accordingly. If I am engaged in a 1v1, and that suddenly becomes a 1v2, 3, 4, or 5 and I still manage to win the battle, I’ll /laugh. You deserve it. You put me in a tight spot, should have won, but didn’t. Heck, I might /laugh AND /dance on your corpse afterwards. If the enemy engages me in a 1v1, despite having allies of their own nearby who purposefully don’t engage, I’ll /bow, and then let their allies revive them after being downed. If I was engaged in a horribly long draw out fight, regardless of the numbers involved, I’ll likely /sit afterwards in a show of being winded.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Static.9841

@Static: You’re mistaking pride for a competitive spirit. If it’s going to be a competition, I’m going to try to win. Even if it’s friendly. That’s how a competitive spirit works. Pride has nothing to do with it, because I can still have fun win or lose. The attempt is more important to me than the outcome..

That’s not competitve spirit, that’s driving an obsession and taking a huge hit because of it. Your ‘competitive spirit’ is stopping you taking second place because apparently it’s either first or nothing which is not competetive, it’s stupid when you can be pushed down a tier. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but you guys have this all wrong.

Either way, I hope you guys get it sorted, you’ve been solid in the first two weeks.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

Nice of TC to show up at YB’s fort right as FA is taking it.

That’s not suspicious at all.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

Hey Yak’s Bend. If someone in the jumping puzzle gets THREE of your people through the puzzle and not attack them, you think I’m going to attack you? What’s with all the hostility in the jumping puzzle.

Let this be known to people that DON’T know. If someone from an opposing server /bow and /wave at you, more than likely they are not going to attack you. Some people in this game make me shake my head.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Ira.5172

Ira.5172

Going against TC & Yaks have been a blast, but to be honest I want a new toy and to one day have a chance to fight against CD is something I look foward.

Oh and to everybody in FA BL last night thanks for the amazing fights!

Ira Souleater – Necromancer
Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

@Static: You’re mistaking pride for a competitive spirit. If it’s going to be a competition, I’m going to try to win. Even if it’s friendly. That’s how a competitive spirit works. Pride has nothing to do with it, because I can still have fun win or lose. The attempt is more important to me than the outcome..

That’s not competitve spirit, that’s driving an obsession and taking a huge hit because of it. Your ‘competitive spirit’ is stopping you taking second place because apparently it’s either first or nothing which is not competetive, it’s stupid when you can be pushed down a tier. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but you guys have this all wrong.

Either way, I hope you guys get it sorted, you’ve been solid in the first two weeks.

Let’s end the argument here, because it’s both poisonous and going nowhere. There isn’t a single thing you can say to convince me to be something else, and my attempts to explain my side have failed.

My hammer and greatsword will be more than happy to provide future responses in-game.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Nice of TC to show up at YB’s fort right as FA is taking it.

That’s not suspicious at all.

You’re right. That isn’t suspicious in the slightest ._.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

What’s so bad about T4??? T4 has Maguuma and they’re the most fun server to play against. Who wouldn’t want to play against them? Maguuma <3

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Static.9841

What’s so bad about T4??? T4 has Maguuma and they’re the most fun server to play against. Who wouldn’t want to play against them? Maguuma <3

If you don’t care about positioning, absolutely nothing, but a lot of the FA players are talking about is playing to win, which when in the face of being busted down to another tier is a little skewed of that intention when their notion of second place is apparently meaningless – you can’t say you play to win when you’re quite happy to get thrown down a tier.

I wasn’t actually being sarcastic about it, he seems to think there’s an argument, if they’re content with T4 then I sincerely hope they enjoy it, I just can’t be bothered having a back and forth between someone who is too blinkered to make a response other than a knee-jerk one.

It’s not over yet, maybe they’ll pull it back, but there’s seriously way too much hostility going on lately for little reason here.

(edited by Static.9841)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Honestly I don’t want to go down to T4. We have destroyed those servers before and it was boring… nights where there was nothing to do in WvW cause everything was capped.

Despite being in 2nd -3d place here for the last 3 weeks, i have really enjoyed the pvp. Sure i would like to see a fresh new server to fight against but if it means us steam rolling them then I would welcome being back in the situation we are in today against Yaks and TC.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Right now, it looks like Yak’s might end up in T4. In any case, it is going to come down to the wire like last week’s very small difference between FA & Yak’s scores.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Honestly I don’t want to go down to T4. We have destroyed those servers before and it was boring… nights where there was nothing to do in WvW cause everything was capped.

Despite being in 2nd -3d place here for the last 3 weeks, i have really enjoyed the pvp. Sure i would like to see a fresh new server to fight against but if it means us steam rolling them then I would welcome being back in the situation we are in today against Yaks and TC.

Quoted for truth.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

If IoJ does as poorly next week as it did this week, it’s entirely possible IoJ and TC could switch places.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Rather than recall home, we decide to take the camp for good measure. Again, I’m counting on a lack of GODS situational awareness. As they streamed out of the camp a minute prior, they clearly hadn’t seen us leave. None of us were thieves, so we could not have traveled that far stealthed. We have at max two stealth skills between the party, both on the mesmer, for a grand total of 7 seconds of stealth (or thereabouts). A smart commander/squad leader/etc… would have checked the interior one more time after running out of the choke point and not seeing us. They didn’t. We flipped the camp, capped it, and then hid out on the arch above the choke as GODS streamed in one more time.

We decided not to press our luck any further, and recalled back home to sell from our completely full bags.

We saw you. We had another goal, which we accomplished and then we came back to flip the camp. Camps are only 5points and with/without the claimer buff and be tackled by one or two people fairly quickly. As you know we run in groups of 10+, sometimes two or three groups on one or different maps.

If we cap and leave a camp immediately its because we wanted/needed supply for something else, and we’re moving on.

I don’t think this is a tactic that is a big secret, plenty of guilds do this. Sometimes the end objective is more important….

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Awesome work in the last 24 hours FA. Keep it up.

Regarding the next match up, I think it’ll be a completely different dynamic if CD moves into T3 and YB moves into T4. Let me start with I DO NOT think there is any alliance between TC and YB. However, each server’s own goals and strategies create the illusion of alliance – i.e. TC wants first so it’ll go after it’s aggressor. FA wants first so it goes after TC. Yak’s has lower population so it goes after the easier target – FA.

Now to my point, CD was in FA’s place just a couple of weeks ago in it’s match against TC and YB. I think they may come out gunning with TC, as would FA, which would create a similar informal alliance but against TC this time. I would imagine this is something that would excite TC.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Static.9841

Right now, it looks like Yak’s might end up in T4. In any case, it is going to come down to the wire like last week’s very small difference between FA & Yak’s scores.

I’m actually more interested in what’s going on between YB and FA than I am my own server right now becuase it’s just so close! I love those nail-biting finishes!

I would imagine this is something that would excite TC.

Agreed. It’s been a while since we’ve really had our backs to the wall, it would be a wake up call for some and also make for some awesome, solid fighting.

(edited by Static.9841)

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

I’m actually more interested in what’s going on between YB and FA than I am my own server right now becuase it’s just so close! I love those nail-biting finishes!

TC dictates who finishes 2nd….it will be as close as they want to keep it.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Mike Smith.7268

Mike Smith.7268

We saw you. We had another goal, which we accomplished and then we came back to flip the camp. Camps are only 5points and with/without the claimer buff and be tackled by one or two people fairly quickly. As you know we run in groups of 10+, sometimes two or three groups on one or different maps.

If we cap and leave a camp immediately its because we wanted/needed supply for something else, and we’re moving on.

I don’t think this is a tactic that is a big secret, plenty of guilds do this. Sometimes the end objective is more important….

You accomplished something in the 2.5 minutes it took you to come back? Nothing substantial. The closest tower remained ours. We weren’t assaulting Bay. The flag outside the camp was already yours. I did not see any green dots on the minimap while at the rear or front of the camp.

Maybe some of your people needed the Eagle Griffons and Drakes for their dailies?

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

I have to agree with the poster about saving 100g on a commanders tag.

The commanders seem to do a good job in TC and the more they practice than obviously the better they will get.

My guild leader was one of the best commanders on BG when they were tier 1. While in tier 1, majority of the wvw guilds stopped playing due to the whining of SBI and JQ. Our guild still showed up every night sometimes for 30 hours straight! And we held our ground majority of the time!

He has yet to flag up since we moved to TC! I ask him occassionally, “why don’t you flag up?” He would rather the other commanders get more practice. But every now and than while we are in mumble, he will pull us all aside to build siege elsewhere or ninja something in order to help the commanding commander out. The commander usually thanks us too.

I don’t even know how many key trebs we have destroyed lol.

Anyways, TC will get even stronger as time moves on. I think T2 is where majority of that learningwill come from.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

Speaking of closeness, any map/score updates available?

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Stonesolid.2706

Stonesolid.2706

Some people in this game make me shake my head.

Mine too, people fighting in a PvP area? Blows my mind….

Honestly, you people either need to stop doing the JP or quit complaining. There are player operated traps for a reason.

Let’s end the argument here, because it’s both poisonous and going nowhere. There isn’t a single thing you can say to convince me to be something else, and my attempts to explain my side have failed.

My hammer and greatsword will be more than happy to provide future responses in-game.

Really? Is this the fiber of the average FA player? I try to encourage you to stay in the tier, give you kudos for the first 2 weeks and I’m poisoning? That’s some serious chip on your shoulder. Whatever, enjoy T4.

As for hammr and greatsword, Yeah I think your only response would be silence in a 1v1….

We can only hope the average player has the awesome mental attitude that Cog brings to the battlefield. What is so hard to understand about playing to have fun without worrying about the (illusionary) consequences?

You don’t understand our spirit of competition. You can not try to talk us into not attacking TC. It’s not an option. If we see strong opponents on the battlefield we will gun for them no matter what (we can’t help it – we racka disciprine). We will take the biggest threat on the map, draw them out, murder them, and eat their souls. The stronger the opponents the tastier the souls (that’s how it works). Plus, my blades are always begging me for blood! They’re insatiable and I don’t like giving ’em mine so I have to keep them fed with the likes of you.

That being said I’ve had some great fights this week but I haven’t been out as much as I’d have liked. Hopefully work stays quiet and I can slip out and start smashing skulls early. Also props to those working on maintaining territory during our off-peak hours – you guys are awesome!

Also I apologize to anyone who had a glowy purple Mesmer /dance on their corpse. I was just screwing around any time we were in the same spot for more than a few seconds without anyone to kill. It wasn’t intended to be malicious or anything. Also start heeding my /beckons and start attacking me when I call out to you guys. I swear it’s not a trap at all!

Stonesolid – Sylvari Mesmer
Member of Unlimited [ULTD]
Fort Aspenwood’s Force of Chaos

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

You accomplished something in the 2.5 minutes it took you to come back?

Quite simply: Yes.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Cogbyrn.7283

The stronger the opponents the tastier the souls (that’s how it works).

Scientifically speaking, this is indeed how it actually works. This isn’t to necessarily say YB souls are less tasty, but strength in numbers does also add some zing to the flavor of TC’s.

I didn’t write the book, that’s just how the universe turned out.

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Cogbyrn I would answer with something about how this is one of the most amusing posts I have read today. Each time I write a complimenting post like that with no text about the current matchup, it gets removed and I receive an infraction. I believe I am up to 6 infractions now (might be more). The same things also happens when I use some kind of snide remark. So…

Great match up this week, I hope we see TC and YB again sometime! Awesome fight out at (insert keep/tower here) on (whatever day/night you want). Every time we are fighting (insert either YB or TC here) it seems like (whatever server you didn’t mention before) show up and are working together!

(funny post Cogbyrn)

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Score + map update

Attachments:

Lord Arcadio

11/30 - TC, FA & YB

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

You don’t understand our spirit of competition. You can not try to talk us into not attacking TC. It’s not an option. If we see strong opponents on the battlefield we will gun for them no matter what (we can’t help it – we racka disciprine). We will take the biggest threat on the map, draw them out, murder them, and eat their souls. The stronger the opponents the tastier the souls (that’s how it works). Plus, my blades are always begging me for blood! They’re insatiable and I don’t like giving ’em mine so I have to keep them fed with the likes of you.

That is a perfectly valid viewpoint to have! It’s just annoying when people that are doing that then complain about losing out overall to people actually making strategic decisions instead of getting into the fastest fight, and try to label them with all manner of conspiracy theories.

If you’re the one drinking and yelling KAMIKAZE!! and making suicide attacks in RISK*, it may be great fun while it lasts (arguable more fun than everyone else if having), but you probably aren’t going to win the game. Don’t accuse the other players of Kingmaking, or say that they shouldn’t be playing “hardcore”.

*not to imply that RISK is really a game of grand strategy lol. It’s really more like a weekend long Yahtzee tournament.

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com