11/9 Fort Aspenwood / Henge of Denravi / Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

As much as I love the idea of WvWvW, as a very limited player (time that is) I do not have the time to farm gold / dungeons to get all the gear I need. So I am not able to participate as much as I’d like… Being on HoD, I do not mind fighting unbeatable odds of 6 – 20 vs 1, but I cannot afford repairs. Had over a gold saved and kept getting face-rolled by 20+ enemies at a time and now have about 15silver.

If they remove the Repair costs from WvWvW, it would be 100% more active, and they would still have a gold sink, Upgrades / Siege equipment.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Good fun had by all, quite a few good fights and some really great play.
Hopefully we can get a few more of them going before the matchup ends.

Also the whole thing was recorded.

Link to the recording pls? I’d like to review a few things..

I’m not the one who recorded it, a guildie did. That being said Ill send you a link asap.

25/90 never forget.

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

@otaur
I hear ya. After I get killed 3 times I’m done for the day usually.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Had a good 1v1 with an FA warrior in HoD BL today (forgot his name but had a Twilight GS). The first time like 4 wolves interfered lol, and you almost got me the 2nd time.

Anyways, I hope DH players will learn from this match, alot still need to learn alot. One of them should also be to not run away or quit when things get hard, we dont need those kind of players in our corner, please transfer, which Im sure you will.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in WvW

Posted by: Wintuo.1356

Wintuo.1356

I love to fight but these odds are not entertaining in the least, they say they want practice, that they want a good fight, well stop setting siege up at spawns to scare any1 willing to try, save that siege for next week since you have already won this match. To the person who commented that you do this to keep the points rolling in, honestly its so important to win that you would sacrifice chances for fun fights on it? Its cool though I get it, i’ll be on the fields to fight with my brothers in arms for the rest of this matchup. It is kindof funny popping up near your siege and dropping a portal exit with no1 on the other side coming through, your guys react like ohhhh noo portal bomb, im sure ive made a few laugh when no1 came through it, and yes it was done that way on purpose lol. Its good practice even when i dont have backup forces to bring, its fairly easy to weave through 15-20 of your players zerging a tower though, you guys should work on your reaction times to catching those players doing it.

Win Two Ohhh lvl 80 Human Mesmer
Guard the Guild lvl 80 Norn Guardian
Outlaws and Vagabonds(LaWz) on TC

in WvW

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Had a good 1v1 with an FA warrior in HoD BL today (forgot his name but had a Twilight GS). The first time like 4 wolves interfered lol, and you almost got me the 2nd time.

Anyways, I hope DH players will learn from this match, alot still need to learn alot. One of them should also be to not run away or quit when things get hard, we dont need those kind of players in our corner, please transfer, which Im sure you will.

Sounds like Targaryen [PTX], maybe?

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

Sounds like Targaryen [PTX], maybe?

Yup it was me

Had a lot of fun tonight doing 1v1s and 2v2s on HoD Borderlands

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

in WvW

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Unfortunately since FA pretty much destroyed the other 2 there wasn’t much for me to do (as a part of FA). Though at least I got the satisfaction of more or less single handedly keeping Etheron from falling because I noticed the broken outer wall with a couple catas next to it and called for backup before they broke an inner wall with it.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

kitten a lot of fair weather friends transferring, plus a strong night-capping crew. This is the source of FA’s recent victories, not some new-found appreciation of finer points of WvW strategery.

I’m not sure why you think we do night capping. We get a lot of points during Oceanic hours but it is hardly PvD night capping.

In fact, our numbers during Oceanic time are still very weak. For the first couple of days of this match HoD and Darkhaven had more players on during Oceanic time than we did.

As proof, this short 2 minute video is from Day 2 of the match. PRO guild and some others were defending garrison in HoD borderland. It was during Australian night and shows the sort of “night capping” you seem to think we do. (NB: The talking in the video is the live teamspeak that was going on).

[We ended up winning this fight but the full video is almost 30 mins long]

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

(edited by wombat.6123)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

In fact, our numbers during Oceanic time are still very weak. For the first couple of days of this match HoD and Darkhaven had more players on during Oceanic time than we did.

You mean saturday night, sunday morning pacific time? Because I can tell you from firsthand knowledge that Darkhaven had the outmanned buff on all borderlands for most of that period. And it took a 50-60 man FA force, bringing in an omega golem to kick out our 15-20 man force in FA bl at around 5am PST sunday morning. You might not be able to pack all four maps at once, but you outnumbered Darkhaven’s nightcrew by at least two to one over the weekend.

I can’t speak to HoDs late night numbers however.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: RedOwl.7496

RedOwl.7496

@Littlefeather

Seal the Deal wasn’t around during the awesome matchup we had last week when we won. Him not being around this week has nothing at all to do with DH being in a losing match.

I am fairly new to HvN but I know he had said he had to travel to NYC for his job and would be gone for a couple of weeks before Sandy hit. His trip was delayed because of it but a few days later he did leave. Sadly I think Worban was supposed to lead in his stead but I have not seen him around either for whatever reason.

I don’t know all the history between Ethersin and Seal or why they don’t get along. I do know that Seal and HvN is NOT the only guild that has trouble getting along with Ethersin. Why do you suppose that is? I do know that Seal is really good at getting random players and PUGS to follow him and try to do whatever he wants. I only see Rethesis following Ethersin most of the time. I wonder why? Getting huge numbers of players that aren’t part of your guild to follow you sure makes it seem like Seal is the more loved leader.

Whatever the reason Seal and Ethersin clash, all the guilds on DH need to learn to TRY to work together for the good of the whole server so we can win, or least put up a better fight against matchups like we have with FA. The FA guilds certainly seem to be working together as one...instead of bickering and trying to see who can pee the farthest off the top of Stonemist.

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Thing about it is, the whole issue isnt even an issue, people like to blame stuff on ethersin. TBH pugs dont like to defend (hence why they follow seal the deal, he doesnt know what defend means all he knows is Rally on me, build build build, and stack stack, oh and he thinks its funny to run pugs off cliffs to their deaths) honestly if that is what makes him the most loved commander in DH then great lol…. RE is the most defensive and offensive working group on darkhaven, the reason the PuGs dont listen or follow ethersin is not ego, its the plain fact they would rather follow the karma/exp train than do whats right, like hey this wall is still at 10% would a few of you stay back and repair it… nope most of the pugs move on to the next commander who will lead them to more karma/exp. Our guild works with everyone on darkhaven even a few regretfully follow seal to back him up when the cause is good. All the argument is between seals fans against ethersin that dont even know the cause of the drama. Even seal rarely speaks out against ethersin anymore so honestly drop the trashtalk when you’re not even on our server. It makes it a lot harder for stuff to patch up when people keep siding with one group vs the other. Thing is this week the fight has been knocked out of DH because we havent been beat this bad in a while…this is where the true players shine, they still get in wvw and get things done… I’m willing to bet there are at least 3-6 RE at every accomplishment this week… I wonder why… its because we dont quit we might rage a bit but who doesnt we fight on. I really commend the commanders who have led during the fights this week major props to all who showed up when others decided to pve for the week. Major props to all the guilds out there who’s players have showed up in groups or individually without the normal support of their masses.

in WvW

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

I am in RE now for about a month, and Ethersin is a great leader. He won’t push everyone to WvW yet everyone goes and follows him. He also tells us to follow other commanders when he needs to afk or if he is done for the day that is why i don’t believe that he doesn’t like to work with others.

To all DH that’s still fighting, i am proud of ya’ll specially to my RE family.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

@ Red Owl,

I regret Seal not being here for this matchup. RE has no real problem with Seal the Deal, I personally think he is great at what he does. Its really between Seal and Ethersin. The main reason (I believe) is we were invited to join an alliance a few times, some time ago, and in short we dont want to deal with the politics involved dealing with multiple guilds with different agendas. And some people may see that as RE thinking were too good for an alliance. We dont, were good at what we do and we just want to work along side every one.

I dont like talking about these things though, so please dont bring up the Ethersin hate and Seal The Deal glory talks when we dont know all the details. No one is talking about you Sir William PD, heck you on an entirely different server, and as far as every one in concerned have absolutely nothing to do with RE or HVN. I’ve been Active Duty US Army for over 12 years, and I will follow Ethersin where ever he deems necessary because I recognize his leadership and value the relaxed yet focused environment in RE.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

[WE] – Winning Everyday
[ABC] – Always Be Chopping
[RE] – Rethesis

Pretty much the only guilds who have shown ability in groups of 5 or more.
Skill wise I’d rank [WE] the highest. To the guy saying it took a “60 man Fort Aspenwood force and a golem” to kick 20 players out of FA borderlands, well I guess that’s sorted then and you’re just 3x better than our hardcore WvW players, huh? Give yourself a pat on the back.

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

hi guys, I been in NYC for while now on business. the hotel I’m staying in doesn’t have internet back due to Sandy… I miss you guys!! I’ll be back very very soon! keep up the good fight guys!

seal the deal
half naked born

in WvW

Posted by: Meabh.8417

Meabh.8417

As part of the “rabble” (not in a large organized WvW guild), I really hope you guys don’t push WvW to be a raid type of environment where only the leet can play…

Winning is good and all that, but I love the battles and hope I can continue to play as a casual gamer (anywhere from 1 – 12 hours per week).

Sometimes I miss the “Alamo!” days. :P

Aralia Caulis – Ranger
Amate Et Protegite – Guardian
[Goon]ies – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Looks like [SE] doesn’t get any recognition. Sorry our feeble attempts to cap things were not good enough. I do not participate in any alliance because I choose not to. However, Ethersin has asked me to help him out a couple of times this week where I sent members to him.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Hey Littlefeather, thanks for your service. I chose to spend my time in the U.S. Air Force. Who you follow and what you do with your time is your business and was never the point or topic I was discussing. I know no one is talking about me and I am fine with that, I’ve had my day in the sun. This part of the conversation started when Kami replied to my post about being disappointed in the performance of DH this match. I was not mocking or patronizing the DH server as I have a lot of respect for a lot of the people on that server. I am honestly disappointed with the turnout you all have had and wish more of the DH population would come out to play.

…as for Ethersin, I just don’t like the guy. My first impression of him was bad and all following meetings I had with the man were bad. There’s a certain level of respect that you show to other guild leaders and I never got the impression that he respected anyone of the same stature of another organization.

At first, I thought maybe it was just PD and myself that he had disdain for. As it turns out a lot of guild leaders on that server don’t like the guy. There’s just a level of arrogance with your leadership that is counter productive to working with other guilds.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I agree…this didn’t need to stop. Need…distraction.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

I haven’t seen enough of HoD to really form an opinion of their guilds, but from DH I’ve met some really tough and persistent competition from Rethesis [RE] and Win Every Day [WE].

It’s good to see DH guilds still putting up a strong resistance despite the pretty ridiculous score — this is probably the most lop-sided match I’ve been in since the weekly matches began.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

some days running as a loner in Wv3 is fun… love it when I get to tag along on my cute little pop-gun toting asura. Other days makes me wonder. It would be neat to be in a larger guild, but theres times like the other night, when guys are telling people to leave EB so a “real” guild can come in and do “real” work. And its not like we are losing, or even close to it. More bashin and less bickering while in battle is how I prefer it.

Some real nice fights from all sides these last few nights. And I wanna thank all….from all servers…that were there bringin it.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Raffie.7865

I hope we (DH) get 2 good servers to fight with this Friday. Not this total crap like we see so often.
Ok, you 5 people go take on that 40 man zerg. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so much fun…

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

seal the deal
half naked born

Born half naked….awesome.

Anyway yeah friday needs to come quick.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I hope we (DH) get 2 good servers to fight with this Friday. Not this total crap like we see so often.
Ok, you 5 people go take on that 40 man zerg. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so much fun…

Theres been quite a few times this week you guys have been close to +200 PPT.

It seems to me the server either gave up after the first night, or that you arent populated to begin with.

Here is your fight for next week http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

You guys will have your work cut out for you again

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

in WvW

Raffie.7865

DH does not have 24/7 population out there.
We got low and peek times at best.

So whatever server can have the most players on 24/7 will usually win. No real skill or tactic there. Its a numbers game.

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

DH does not have 24/7 population out there.
We got low and peek times at best.

So whatever server can have the most players on 24/7 will usually win. No real skill or tactic there. Its a numbers game.

What would you call NA primetime in higher tiers when there’s ques for every server?

is it still a numbers game or does it become a strategic game?

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

We’r in T1
There’s no ques all the time

It’s not the old GW2 from launch where more people were playing and for longer periods of time.

The server with best coverage still wins by points even in T1.

Was just checking on this match, thought I’d throw that out here.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

GoF is trying to put up a fight on FA Borderlands, with some help from friends.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Ethersin.3270

Ethersin.3270

[WE] – Winning Everyday
[ABC] – Always Be Chopping
[RE] – Rethesis

Pretty much the only guilds who have shown ability in groups of 5 or more.
Skill wise I’d rank [WE] the highest. To the guy saying it took a “60 man Fort Aspenwood force and a golem” to kick 20 players out of FA borderlands, well I guess that’s sorted then and you’re just 3x better than our hardcore WvW players, huh? Give yourself a pat on the back.

ABC is RE’s sister guild, with about 10 people in it lol… but thanks for the recognition.

GL of [RE] Rethesis
www.rethesis.com

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

I had fun today despite my this crappy laptop basically overheating and causing me to lag horribly. God I miss being useful in WvW.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Otaur.9268

I was in DH Borderlands tonight (im HoD) and was having a nice time with 4 others (5 including me). Started to try and take a small keep near our Border, and a few Darkhaven show up, that was all fun, 5 vs 5 sometimes 5 vs 7 not a big deal. After awhile of beating on the door (got it to half) FA starts showing up, the guild GOD mainly… That was fun for a few mins, as we started having some skirmishes as they mostly stayed on walls, only jumping down to try to finish off our Up Leveled members who stood at door in arrow cart / aoe range, it was ok. Then more started to show… And more… Eventually it became a zerg vs 5. After killing a few of theirs, more showed up, some other guilds too by now, and eventually it became a wipe fest with no hope of winning from being outnumbered. After dieing 3x to 12 – 1 odds, I finally can no longer afford repairs (back to 7s, only had 11s to start). However, I would not think it would be necessary to have so many people come to kill only 5. If this is how WvWvW is going to stay, then they must remove Repair costs for the Lower populated realms, atleast. As we were fighting them at the keep, i realized something… I was LOSING gold while they get rewarded it. By defending they are receiving event credit awarding them money while us attackers were being rewarded nothing. This is pathetic. If I am going to take my time to fight unbelievable odds trying to take a keep for 30mins – 1 hour, I believe us attackers should get some credit with the same Event system. They get Defense credit, why don’t we get attacking credit?

TL;DR, Had a blast till FA brought to many people for us 5 HoD players to fight back.

in WvW

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

1v1ing and 2v2ing a couple nice FA guys while my team takes back most of our borderlands makes for one nice night for this HoD player.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: I Will Rez U.1743

I Will Rez U.1743

Had a blast today on FA’s borderlands! Much respect for all of you, hopefully we gave you guys a couple hours of entertainment. I know GoF and I sure did.

Lots of fun Stand offs as seen in the picture attached.

See you all on the battle field!

Attachments:

Ixl Phoenix lxI

[XVX] Guild Leader – Blackgate – #BringBackTheBeast

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Yes, today GoF shined !, great job. And same goes for SE, great job showing up today in numbers all of us at DH really appreciates it !

And ABC has only like 6 members, there all RE though, just mainly using it for supply upgrades we have another side guild GO, same thing. lol

Dont forget Fight Club this thursday ! 5PM PST, any BL behind south supply camp.

Crazy Leg

(edited by Littlefeather.8623)

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Talking about arrogance, Ethersin does not run around in a lv 15 PvE area with his top armor off rallying people on him. Seal is no where to be found, our commanders have abandoned us (some), and from what I seen, RE is the only collective guild putting in 8-12 hours a day in WvW on a daily basis. Other guilds try, but it seems like they loose morale too quick and wont stay the long fight. Even GoF, we had a chance to defend SH lastnight in FA BL, but as soon as things got hard they started to loose patience and eventually left. Not RE, and not Ethersin, and your hero Seal has been a no show this whole matchup, alot of people show no heart and have no b@lls to loose. Say what you want about Ethersin, but we will not abandon DH, we will not quit WvW because were getting our faces rolled. No matter how much of a brick wall Ethersin runs into he wont quit and he wont let us quit. Because if we do how many other collective guilds will do what we do? We do have some good commanders in DH, Acium and Yaska come to mind, and more as well, but how many will keep their commander tag on when things get rough?Even I was curious about Seal, but Ethersin talks on the battlefield, I have not seen Seal show up once for this face rolling mathcup.

Ethersin does not force people to show up in WvW for certain time slots, and will not yell at his guildies for WvW matters. Ethersin leads RE by example and runs supply just like any one and is never even assertive in vent. Yet we still remain here dong the best we can for this server like clockwork, where is HVN, where is your hero you speak so highly of?

Wow littlefeather I am rather surprised at some of your comments here. On a note of saying how RE is the only collective guild, GoF has worked with RE multiple times and even tonight was one of those where together both guilds accomplished much. We held off Fort Aspenwood and even worked with RE to take the garrison a couple of times. Fort Aspenwood borderlands was the only map that had so much progression due to our two guilds working together tonight. As for mentioning last night we were asked to come and help out on the map as a call to arms with RE. Once RE members started leaving and abandoning ship due to a commander taking a break to eat dinner we thought it would be best on another map since the numbers were dwindling. As to address your time spent, there are nights where GoF spends 14 hours or more in WvW straight with members coming and going.

GoF has been called by multiple guilds one of the three or four main powerhouses on the server and trying to discredit a guild in anyway hurts the server as a whole especially on public forms.

GoF will continue to work with everyone on Darkhaven and be there for the server itself including RE even with your incompetence. I even like to call Ethersin one of my personal friends in the mmo community. I like to stay out of unnecessary drama that is created however when it comes to allegations that you have no knowledge of against my guild I see the need to correct them.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in WvW

Wintuo.1356

Well tonight I wanna give major props to my DH brethren for the amazing job on FA BL holding onto our tower and camp for pretty much 5 hours+ straight, in times like these, which guild had the most numbers, who had the best players, that didnt matter we came together as a unit and held out to the last man. We need to put all past issues behind us ignore the drama that has started and been talked about in the past. If you’re still fighting for DH that is all that matters here, if you feel like you’ve been dissed then bring it to the attention man to man of the person who did it, find out what he/she meant and deal with it in game b4 bringing it here. Only reason to bring it here is when its out of control and things cannot be worked out individually. On a personal note tonight was the most fun ive had vs FA since this matchup started, they could have easily taken our holdings much sooner but ended up fighting man to man for a while which was really fun for both sides. With the win in the bag i hope the rest of the week turns into more man to man fights vs zerg to take the points away deal….think FA is realizing you gotta leave something to fight for if you want the enemy to have the morale to stick it out.

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

ULTD has been having a blast this matchup. Darkhaven been putting up some good fights out there on the battlefield!

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

More than likley because [SE] members are better known for their exploitation of WvW gimmics and running towards the “invunerable” gliches when they are being trageted.

That’s a pretty harsh accusation considering you didn’t provide any details or a video. I can easily generalize your guild as blantant hackers without proof, even though I’ve never heard or seen your guild before.

Report the player if they’re exploiting/hacking, and record a video if you want to be taken seriously.

in WvW

Posted by: Kore.9523

Kore.9523

[WE] Thanks every guild and person who has taken the effort to notice and post about our interactions. Every guild on Darkhaven has been fighting very hard over the past few days… We all are trying to push back in WvW but its very hard when the majority of our servers pugs will not because of them giving up.

I’d like to give a massive shout out to [GODS] and [PRO] You guys got a massive following… One of the biggest zergs that I’ve seen in a very very long time.

And to [GoF], We need to organize a better time to group up to make a wvw push We’ll be in touch seems our guys play time is when you guys log out.

Keep up the good work guilds & people from Darkhaven, We never give up or jump ship when the server starts losing. (at least not all of us.)

Kore Rallos Zek – 80 Warrior
[WE] Win Everyday – Council
Server: Dragonbrand

(edited by Kore.9523)

in WvW

Posted by: Bedinar.1754

Bedinar.1754

I thought I would thank everyone for the enjoyable thread this week. Last week was a ton of fun to play and strive for the come back, but the thread was very angry, and not so much fun to read. Which was sad, because normally these threads are a lot of fun, and uplifting.

I’ve had some of my favorite moments so far in small match ups with some of you guys. I’d especially like to thank the random guild of twenty or so HoD that I was able to entice into chasing me around for five or so minutes. It was very thrilling to try and pick off your stragglers, and see your whole group do an about face. Not trying to bash you guys at all. I was just there to see if I could get in some good fights and didn’t care about the points. Still it was very thrilling to make some very narrow escapes.

Also had some great moments with you DH. You guys kept battering down a gate that I spent countless supply runs fixing. I think you guys had some sort of sixth sense. Oh, the keep gate on the west side… they’ve repaired the gate to 60%!

Anyways, thank you both for showing up and being good sports. This match up didn’t work out as well as we all hoped, but you guys have been awesome at continuing to work hard and improve.

Fort Aspenwood
Human Ele – Koenix
Sylvari Mesmer – Tenshi No Kanade

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

Over the past two days I have to say, Darkhaven is bringing some serious pain in the prime time hours. GoF, RE, SE, WE, ABC and others have done a great job defending and countering us. I especially like that some of the players zone hop to keep us guessing. THIS is the Darkhaven I expected to see from the start.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Littlefeather.8623

Asklepious

Yea, yall must have been in other maps for me to not notice things. Great numbers yesterday though I must say. I was talking about when we started to loose EH or SH two days ago I believe though. Was bleak and numbers dwindled. But that sure was not the case yesterday

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Over the past two days I have to say, Darkhaven is bringing some serious pain in the prime time hours. GoF, RE, SE, WE, ABC and others have done a great job defending and countering us. I especially like that some of the players zone hop to keep us guessing. THIS is the Darkhaven I expected to see from the start.

I made sure to call out to kill the PD traitors in FA yesterday. I knew when you had fallen off the bridge into the water and didn’t release that you were waiting for people to rez you, but I didn’t stop them in time, and ended up in an underwater 3v1.

Got my revenge at the Supply Depot a few moments later, though. And at the defense of the Lord’s room at the Hills keep.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Gnat.5124

Gnat.5124

I am on FA on my mesmer (Tang Gluth) and I have to say I have been impressed by DH not giving up at what seems to be such disheartening odds. I have also enjoyed some 1v1 fights and got my kitten handed to me on a plate by a warrior whose name I have sadly forgotten.

You are keeeping us on our toes with your sneaky 5 man camp and tower caps

in WvW

Posted by: Kneemin.4235

Kneemin.4235

It’s a little pointless now that the match is half over but I’d like express my extreme disappointment in both DH and FA for various reasons.

We’ll go with DH first;

I notice a lot of the time when FA has mostly the full map controlled, DH likes to roll into our (HoD) borderlands and, big surprise, start taking camps and attacking towers. The ones by their own border? Dear no, despite FA having a huge advantage, not only do they come to our BL to cause trouble, they will constantly hit the camps all the way across the map near the HoD citadel and begin attacking dawns and woods towers randomly. I can think of quite a few situations where FA probably would have been routed from the majority of the map, if instead they did the logical thing and started taking the things by their own border instead of screwing around and attacking HoD’s pittance of an established land.

As for FA – I mostly noticed that a lot of the time when DH gets their game on (especially in EB) and starts taking stuff, we will also be there trying to take the towers and camps near our border, yet despite DH taking close to half the entire map, FA will continue to flood our border with literally 30+ people, while they let DH just plow down the rest of the map… seems kind of suspicious and very counter-productive: prevent 1 server from getting 1-2 towers at the cost of half the map.

I don’t hold the idea that FA and DH are working together necessarily, but the seeming amount disregard they have for each-other when they go well out of their way to keep HoD under wraps, at the same time seems pretty ridiculous and definitely not productive in terms of a good match.

P.S. Please keep the “well obviously HoD sucks” and “QQ more nub” comments to yourself. Regardless of how bad 1 team is, logic says that you will spend more energy fighting the hard fights than the “weak” guys – which has not been the case as outlined above. This also isn’t to admit that HoD isn’t capable, because we are.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

It’s a little pointless now that the match is half over but
I don’t hold the idea that FA and DH are working together necessarily, but the seeming amount disregard they have for each-other when they go well out of their way to keep HoD under wraps, at the same time seems pretty ridiculous and definitely not productive in terms of a good match.

I like where this is going. Please continue.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Otaur.9268

It’s a little pointless now that the match is half over but

I like where this is going. Please continue.

Actually I ran into this myself, the moment FA started showing up at the keep defense, DH stopped showing up. I figured this was out of respect for us HoD being outnumbered already by the FA server and never thought more of it.

It could be that DH had a force to big for FA to roll against, Zerg vs Zerg is much more difficult than Zerg vs Small Group.

Still disappointed that FA had to bring so many to kill us 5. After reading so much about GOD guild.

On another note, to all you who betrayed HoD, shame on you. There is one thing I cannot stand, Server Hoppers. Sad to see guilds that were once part of HoD making it a top server on the opposing servers now. I wont go into specifics, but they know who they are.

in WvW

Posted by: Daedalus.3954

Daedalus.3954

On another note, to all you who betrayed HoD, shame on you. There is one thing I cannot stand, Server Hoppers. Sad to see guilds that were once part of HoD making it a top server on the opposing servers now. I wont go into specifics, but they know who they are.

The guilds that made HoD a top server, mainly those of us who were in the Titan Alliance, feel no shame for spreading out and leaving. We didn’t like the idea of one powerhouse server. Hence the split. I’d think more on your words before calling out groups.

Commander Kaena Godsfire – Guardian
Server – Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Pretty sure we (FA &DH) decided before the match start that we should stomp HoD as a nice goodbye as you plunge into the bottom tiers. We had cookies and milk at the party.

In reality I think FA are starved for any kills they can get. I’m looking for a fight even if that means ignoring keeps/towers.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma