2/11/2012 Gates of Madness vs Borlis Pass vs Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Some of you folks in BP really need to learn to take a joke. Dov and myself are simply poking fun at you guys.

You would think after weeks of making jokes about AR playing for 2nd place, you would find the irony in the position that BP now finds itself.

Looks like BP was busy last night. It was able to secure its lead (on 2nd place) by 2k. Lets see how it holds out over the day.

-K

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: DKz Lux.4125

DKz Lux.4125

Every time I`m on I make an effort to leave AR alone and focus on GoM, but you silly people keep coming after us even though they`re 20k ahead.

Know that it`s kitten for tat. You come into our borderlands to take stuff, you can expect retaliation.

It pains me to attack you. It really does. I like you guys a lot. Too bad you don`t show me any love.

Daiosho – The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

There clearly seems to be a BP-AR rivalry going on. I think it’s hurting the matchup. The truth is GoM (my server) isn’t at tier 6 level right now. If we make it there next week we’ll get crushed and come back to tier 7 with our tail between our legs. You guys REALLY don’t want SF down here because they ARE a tier 6 server, and that will not be a fun week.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

There clearly seems to be a BP-AR rivalry going on. I think it’s hurting the matchup. The truth is GoM (my server) isn’t at tier 6 level right now. If we make it there next week we’ll get crushed and come back to tier 7 with our tail between our legs. You guys REALLY don’t want SF down here because they ARE a tier 6 server, and that will not be a fun week.

Truth be told, GoM is just visiting Tier 6. BP and AR have been at it since day 1

Stick around for a month and we’ll grow to hate you too.

-K

-K

in WvW

Posted by: Axelrod.6905

Axelrod.6905

RE: [GOAT] and the battle for Faithleap

Dear GoM —

Thank you for the 107 Loot bags. First time I have received a %500+ return on my siege investment.

Sincerly,
Axelrod Ironwood.

Axelrod Ironwood — Seige Master, Shadow of Agony [GOAT] | Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Arcxander.9836

Arcxander.9836

You’re welcome Axelrod. We also had lots of fun too. specially in Stonemist when AR and BP simultaneously attacked us North and South. Almost all walls on the eastern side is down to 5%. Yet we were able to hold SM til now.

Jofp
Legion of Ubec [UBEC] | Gate of Madness
http://legionofubec.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Plok.6145

Plok.6145

plok’s daily whine/excuse about double teaming doesn’t reflect the thoughts or feels of most of us.

and uh, that whole playing for 2nd joke got played out about 3 weeks ago bros,it’s been mainly you two AR guys talking about 2nd place since. and yes at your suggestion, last week we did in fact play for 2nd. kinda funny how that worked out eh?

you and kodiak can make a new guild. call it 2nd place 4 lyfe.

Funny I have not said anything in this thread. Post another bad vid man.

Sincerely,

Commander Plok The Original Leader of Shadow of Agony [GOAT]

in WvW

Kodiack.2783

Score update… oh look.. red attacked green.. :p

Attachments:

-K

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Dear Axelrod,

You’re welcome. I was at that fight (and others.. that weren’t as much beating our head against ballistas thankfully) and sometimes Goat seems like a guild that has a billion players.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Plok.6145

Dear Axelrod,

You’re welcome. I was at that fight (and others.. that weren’t as much beating our head against ballistas thankfully) and sometimes Goat seems like a guild that has a billion players.

Most we had on today ant any one point was 20. We are just very mobile.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

Goat is a guild? This totally explains it. Yesterday someone in mumble was talking about, “going and killing some more goats, I need badges.” Was thinking to myself “wtf there are goat npcs in WvWvW that drop badges, how silly.” Totally makes sense now.

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Who needs siege when you have this many people… After losing 2 cata’s and a golem to carefully placed defence, they gave up on attacking with siege and just hit the gate themselves.
I slapped up a feedback bubble right infront of them and was downed because of the damage retaliation inflicts there was that many.
Cant defend that. GG GoM.

Attachments:

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

(edited by bradderzh.2378)

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

plok’s daily whine/excuse about double teaming doesn’t reflect the thoughts or feels of most of us.

and uh, that whole playing for 2nd joke got played out about 3 weeks ago bros,it’s been mainly you two AR guys talking about 2nd place since. and yes at your suggestion, last week we did in fact play for 2nd. kinda funny how that worked out eh?

Great job on the night cap.

this isn’t you?

at least my bad videos aren’t about whining. but if you think my videos are so bad, maybe you can post yours and show us how it’s done?

maybe you can show us how hard done you are by all the double teaming and night capping and zerging?

who doesn’t love wow clones?

(edited by dirtyklingon.2918)

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

looks like AR is taking the day off.

GJ on taking the lead from 3rd to 2nd this morning bros!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Hakato.9650

Hakato.9650

My time today, here are some pics from what was done.

Attachments:

Server – Borlis Pass
Guild – FIST Leader
Main Toon – Razzer Fel Level 80 Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: ocmano.6301

ocmano.6301

Great fights over the weekend! First time I’ve really spend much time in WvWvW for extended periods of time. Nice to have things going back and forth instead of one side just steamrolling.

Saw some Map broadcasts in Lions Arch, but what ever happened to the global announcements they used to have in Guild Wars 1 when there were big matches going on? They plan on adding those back in?

Server – Gates of Madness
Guild – Nova Lumina
Main – Ocmano – Warrior 80

in WvW

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

GG gates of Madness i see you have ppl camp the Jumping Puzzle in EB sad and here i thought the sever was good for letting ppl do jumping Puzzle’s Guess i was wrong.

Attachments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

in WvW

styx.7294

I hope you realize Gates of Madness isn’t a single person with a single opinion.

Usually I attack people (especially if I outnumber them!). I mean, sometimes I feel that kinship that despite our colours we are explorers in a dangerous place with a thrill for jumping. Other times I feel we a kinship in killing people who send electrons to a different place.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Apocalyspe, I would do the same.

You are in WvW after all, I wouldn’t let the ennemies complete a puzzle so they can come back stronger after.

I never camped puzzle tho, I shall try it sometime

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in WvW

Apocalypse.5239

ya i can see getting killed in puzzle but camping it they may aswell remove the chest at the end LOL. just got killed by 1 BP ppl and had 2 waiting for me.

in WvW

styx.7294

Just come back later! =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

Hey GoM,

Tell your local windowlickers to stop camping the jumping puzzle with arrowcarts.

Sincerely,
Everyone else in this bracket

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Hey GoM,

Tell your local windowlickers to stop camping the jumping puzzle with arrowcarts.

Sincerely,

Um…Just so you know there were plenty of people from the OTHER teams camping it this past weekend. Its not just GOM so please don’t blame us because it goes BOTH ways.

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

Hey GoM,

Sincerely,

Um…Just so you know there were plenty of people from the OTHER teams camping it this past weekend. Its not just GOM so please don’t blame us because it goes BOTH ways.

This is more of ‘in the now’ kind of request. There is about 30 of us who want to finish vs your 5. Your 5 has a mesmer, so they can just port people up whenever they feel like it.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Eviator.9746

GoM here. Putting on my Internet cowboy hat, I’d like to say that GoM already has a bad reputation thanks to orb hackers in the early weeks. We really don’t need to add JP and spawn camping to the list.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

in WvW

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Im more confused on why we have 30 ppl in a jumple puzzle in WvW when they should be taking stuff. I dont think seige is tht expensive -_-

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

To all the legitimate AR players out there, sorry that you’re in third, but as long as guilds that have betrayed GoM are there it’ll stay that way. don’t worry, they’ll all come back to us with their tails between their legs anyway. i expect a very unwelcoming return party when they do.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

@Lightsbane Isn’t that kind of an open ended insult to Borlis, saying the reason AR is in 3rd is solely because of GoM? Although, if you don’t think AR has lost several guild since release, you’d be wrong, and over all we wished them the best in their new servers(upper tier servers as well). You must really be missing the guild you posted about here.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

Lets set something aside here. The jumping puzzle is a resource node, just like a supply camp or a tower. Would you complain about someone camping a supply depot with arrow carts? “OMG tell those jerks to stop camping, how are we supposed to get supply?”

You see, when you complete the puzzle, you get free siege blueprints, and tokens which you can use to buy more blueprints. You then proceed to use these blueprints to break doors/walls and generally do unpleasant things to people from other servers. Of course they are going to try and stop you. They should. If you knew someone was going to try and kill you later, and you saw them walking to pick up a gun, and you had a chance to stop them, wouldn’t you?

Why do you think ANET put in all those traps? They want this to be a contested resource. You want people out of the jump puzzle, get a mesmer yourself, portal>stealth>portal then you and your friends stomp the 5 guys griefing you.

Also, great fights everyone. AR and BP, you guys have been giving good fights, hoping this is another awesome week just like the last. After all the doomsaying of some people about what taking out orbs would do to WvWvW I am glad to see that people are still eager and willing to queue it up and mix it up.

in WvW

Arcxander.9836

Lets set something aside here. The jumping puzzle is a resource node, just like a supply camp or a tower. Would you complain about someone camping a supply depot with arrow carts? “OMG tell those jerks to stop camping, how are we supposed to get supply?”

You see, when you complete the puzzle, you get free siege blueprints, and tokens which you can use to buy more blueprints. You then proceed to use these blueprints to break doors/walls and generally do unpleasant things to people from other servers. Of course they are going to try and stop you. They should. If you knew someone was going to try and kill you later, and you saw them walking to pick up a gun, and you had a chance to stop them, wouldn’t you?

Thank you so much. I was about to say this.

Jofp

in WvW

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

Seriously didn’t think I would have people from my own server (BP) complaining about Jumping puzzle camping.

in WvW

Apocalypse.5239

Why do you think ANET put in all those traps? They want this to be a contested resource. You want people out of the jump puzzle, get a mesmer yourself, portal>stealth>portal then you and your friends stomp the 5 guys griefing you.

Also, great fights everyone. AR and BP, you guys have been giving good fights, hoping this is another awesome week just like the last. After all the doomsaying of some people about what taking out orbs would do to WvWvW I am glad to see that people are still eager and willing to queue it up and mix it up.

ya right the most i’m going for with the tokens is buying the Gift of battle. on a side note i was helping a Friend get the achievement for the Puzzle. and Camping a supply deport there ez too kill with a group of ppl. as for the Traps they where never pop. try to get out more.

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

Camping juming puzzle is part of the war. Stop crying about it.

It’s not bad sportmanship, we aren’t talking about spawn camping where the player are forced to be there. We are talking about JP who are optional. Good for GoM that they camp it, less siege for the ennemies.

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

wow. gw2 makes pvp completely optional without even pvp servers to avoid people rolling them and then complaining that pvp happened.

what happens?

apparently on borlis pass people willfully and intentionally go into an area with the sole purpose of being for pvp to pvp over, for pvp rewards, and then complain that pvp happened.

idk what’s more embarrassing here, getting shut down by 5 guys when you have 30, or whining that pvp happened in a pvp map and you got shut down by 5 guys when you had 30.

in WvW

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Spies please leave. Grow a spine and play WvW without insider info. Got whispered last night by someone asking for a cease fire in EB? Get real…

in WvW

Apocalypse.5239

Camping juming puzzle is part of the war. Stop crying about it.

It’s not bad sportmanship, we aren’t talking about spawn camping where the player are forced to be there. We are talking about JP who are optional. Good for GoM that they camp it, less siege for the ennemies.

lol ya you should see my bag full of siege weapons of all type i was just there to help a friend with a achievement. but ya for the BP ppl sorry to hear that.

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-big-beta-weekend-preview

Players can now take their WvW battle underground in a new “mini dungeon” beneath the central map. This brand-new subterranean level is full of tricks and traps that can be used against enemy players, and is home to the aptly named Dark Room, which players will have to see (or not) to believe.

in WvW

Posted by: NeuroActive.4057

NeuroActive.4057

Maybe if more of us focused on map control and not personal gain…this would not be an issue. Think about it…see what I did there? I applied logic rather than complain about dying in a PvP map.

I see no problem with the tactic. Camp away, I see no problem camping vistas, jumping puzzles, skill points, any of it. You join PvP to help your team acquire property plain & simple. Personal gain is a luxury IMHO that the WINNING team can afford to have.

Edited due to previous being a little harsh and uncalled for. For that I apologize.

~Neuro
Guild – [GOAT] [CTH]
Server – Maguuma

(edited by NeuroActive.4057)

in WvW

Eviator.9746

Well you’ve convinced me that camping jumping puzzles is part of the game mode. Now, the logical inference is that jumping puzzles are a valuable resource worth doing and defending. I hope that means we’re past the “remove JPs from WvW”. And if I, on GoM, ask for help to clear out a jumping puzzle camp, I shouldn’t be laughed at, right? Both sides of the same coin.

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

jumping puzzles are a poor use of man power, but they do have some value yes.

i personally think they have no business being in wvw. i’ve said so since the beta in which they were added. i also think this game is a poor place for platforming in general. and that if i wanted to platform, i’d dust off my psp and play some banjo kazooie instead.

they are more of a symptom than a cause though. and they are entirely valid for beign camped,defended, zerged or otherwise pvped over, if that’s something that you and your group want to do.

if your server mates laugh at you or don’t help you with them or gets upset you are diverting precious manpower and time away from more valuable objectives though, then that’s valid too.

in WvW

styx.7294

Well, I love that the jump puzzles are in the game and especially in WvW (though bein a mesmer means I get to cheat a bit). It’s a lil’ silliness in what can sometimes be a serious affair and hands out siege to you and your buds.

I don’t think everythin in the game was designed to appeal to everyone though and that’s alright.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

Seriously didn’t think I would have people from my own server (BP) complaining about Jumping puzzle camping.

I have no problem with eternal battleground jump puzzle camping. It has plenty of internal design to give advantage to the forward players. Tons of traps, vantage points, etc.

I have a problem with eternal battleground jump puzzle camping with siege equipment, especially in the arena room where it’s neigh impossible to counter. I came up with a plan to counter it, guess how much supply and silver it would cost me? Around 50s, 190 supply, and 12 people to counter 1 person on an arrowcart.

For those comparing it to camping a supply camp? No. Compare it to camping the siege vendor in the spawn camps. No point value. Oh wait, you can’t do that because they put legendary defenders to prevent stupid kitten like that.

I have a good feeling that they will remove the ability to use siege in the jump puzzle eventually.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

(edited by Hymnosi.5928)

in WvW

dirtyklingon.2918

lets get off jumping puzzles and get back to the match

gates of madness is in full force this morning, and AR has the lead on 2nd by less than 1k points, with a slightly beefier share of the pie than BP.

Attachments:

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

lets get off jumping puzzles and get back to the match

gates of madness is in full force this morning, and AR has the lead on 2nd by less than 1k points, with a slightly beefier share of the pie than BP.

I’ve been taking the week off of WvW for IRL reasons. I’m glad y’all can keep up without me, I’ll be back this friday to kick some kitten again.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Kardiamond.6952

This match gonna be between AR and BP! GoM go back to your jumping puzzle.

Last week, it was AR that could decide who would win, now it’s going to be GoM the deciding factor. If they team up on a server, they can change the score a lot.

Like Yesterday evening in EB, GoM was attacking us (nothing wrong in that, that’s part of the 3 way mastch up) and were leaving Red alone for some time. It really played again us, since we had to fight both Blue and Green.

I’m sure they did the same to BP too.

GoM, you are now the deciding Factor

P.S Focus on BP :P

in WvW

Arcxander.9836

Successfully conquered Eternal Battlegrounds. Wiped out AR zerg and finally taking down the last fort (the fully fortified & supplied) Red Keep.

Good game ARs!

Attachments:

Jofp

in WvW

Plok.6145

Great job on the night cap.

this isn’t you?

at least my bad videos aren’t about whining. but if you think my videos are so bad, maybe you can post yours and show us how it’s done?

maybe you can show us how hard done you are by all the double teaming and night capping and zerging?

Where does that say anything about double teaming?

Sincerely,

in WvW

Plok.6145

@Lightsbane Isn’t that kind of an open ended insult to Borlis, saying the reason AR is in 3rd is solely because of GoM? Although, if you don’t think AR has lost several guild since release, you’d be wrong, and over all we wished them the best in their new servers(upper tier servers as well). You must really be missing the guild you posted about here.

Well seeing as how several of BP Commanders and our largest guild decided this would be a good week to take off, the fact we are even still in it is a miracle in itself.

Sincerely,

in WvW

Hymnosi.5928

Well seeing as how several of BP Commanders and our largest guild decided this would be a good week to take off, the fact we are even still in it is a miracle in itself.

Sorry lol

Honestly, it’s best that we can do this periodically. I don’t see us lasting in the next bracket at the moment. I hope they change some of the fundamental properties of WvW, it’s kitten near impossible to sustain the level of playing that every server has been putting out just to remain in this bracket.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Godfather.8217

Godfather.8217

Successfully conquered Eternal Battlegrounds. Wiped out AR zerg and finally taking down the last fort (the fully fortified & supplied) Red Keep.

Good game ARs!

lol this is funny,

trying to brag because GOM = zerg fest army, while the other two can’t fit more than 20 players on a map.

This whole week has been dull and boring, I’ve stayed up late at nights to only witness just how each server seems to “conquer”

I’ll start with mine, so it doesn’t seem like i’m favoring one group.

Anvil Rock has about a 20 – 30 size force that hits BP borderlands when they have nobody defending, and we even have a smaller one sometimes hitting and “conquering” eb, while borth servers seem to be away.

GoM – You guys seem to be able to fill two maps with tons of players when you finally wake up from your slumber, the times i’ve witness your PvD playstyle in ARB, is when your going after all our towers and keeps, smashing your entire force into the gates, and honestly you don’t even need siege gear because you have so many players hitting the gates. Wait let’s throw a golem or two so you guys can claim “strategy” and “tactics” was used.

Borlis – Same thing with you guys, you guys run through with large numbers smashing into our gates with similar “conquer” mentality, when honestly it’s just a zerg.

What ever happened to playing against players fella’s, we had so much fun fighting the last two weeks against each other, when did we finally get to the point of figuering out each of our sleeping habits to fight gates instead of players.

My guild held Redlake tower in Gom the other day for 5 hours. After we spent Majority of the day wiping Gom forces chasing our camp raiding party, I had alts of 10 – 15 members from my guild. We defended redlake from GoM and borlis in GoM borderlands from multiple waves/attempts. Eventually GoM must have called in for reinforcements, because we finally lost to double, almost tripple our numbers. We just saw a sea of red. In the end this same force started spawn camping, which at this time we moved on to a different map.

My guild will continue to hit both sides, infact which ever borderland gives us the out manned buff, the better. we will be there to stirr the pot, and hopefully you guys will come out and play and attempt to interfer with our camp raids.

Good luck to all, and let’s continue to have a decent match.

Syndicate of Shadows, Anvil rock
Darksavage – 80 Ranger Shadowena – 80 Thief
Darkside Syndicate – 80 Mesmer