22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Calli.6309

Calli.6309

Flame rams? Is this going to be like a serious thing? I prefer to play dirty. You know, putting conditions on someone and then resetting combat for myself and such.

Much more fun that way.

You can go ahead and go to other parts of the map if you want fun, I’m trying to establish a different kind of fun for others who are interested.

A fightclub once a week is pretty fun imo, a fun alternative for the rest of the 6 days doing same stuff over and over.

So mail me guys and spread the word! We got some in DH willing to participate around 5-8people already!

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

You can go ahead and go to other parts of the map if you want fun, I’m trying to establish a different kind of fun for others who are interested.

A fightclub once a week is pretty fun imo, a fun alternative for the rest of the 6 days doing same stuff over and over.

So mail me guys and spread the word! We got some in DH willing to participate around 5-8people already!

My guild is always up for it. We’ll be bringing 2-5 members, depending who’s online.

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Now I seem to remember someone putting the “new” IoJ borderlands up last week…..

Well here’s the “new” Darkhaven borderland so there! We’re evenish?

Attachments:

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: maxsettings.2834

maxsettings.2834

Was just trying to give you guys a good defense at NW tower in DR BL….but DH just wasn’t having it; not this night.

Suddenly people start coming in while gates & walls are still up. Sorry, couldn’t get very good pictures or a video because it all happened so fast.

Picture 1: Warrior is the first to no-clip into the tower.

Picture 2: Same warrior has to back off because me and the NPCs are wailing on her.

Picture 3, 4 & 5: Mesmer dropped a portal that has the rest of their forces come in.

Picture 6: Rofl.

Attachments:

Devona’s Rest [TDD] – [OBS]
Bukems Mailbox

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

To the person who said “with all the people dark haven fields,why are we in this tier” our morning shift is awful from sun to fri which is the reason why teams like anvil were able to pull 60k wins on us. If we had the population you suggested ,I feel we would be in t4

I will say this,dark haven has some amazing players. And I can’t wait to see what we can achieve in the future.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Now I seem to remember someone putting the “new” IoJ borderlands up last week…..

Not having a go, but was most/any of this PvDoor? Just want to know if we had a presence then and were just really…really bad or if we had no one.

Gave me a good laugh but
Ill admit, after we took your bay there was no DH to be found and were able to take the rest of the map no worries.

Mr(s) Starkk

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: CrazyCanuck.4265

CrazyCanuck.4265

I will say this,dark haven has some amazing players. And I can’t wait to see what we can achieve in the future.

Where are these players? Or did you mean to say amazing zergs. Quite frankly I have yet to see a group smaller than 15 do anything more than cap sentries and get wiped by 5 people. I have literally had better fights from ioj up level roamers then anything I’ve seen from dark haven.. Your weekday force must really suck cause you guys are very reminiscent of the mass zerging/pvdooring that SBI did, yet you are in T6.

Also the hacking that happened at NW tower in drbl tonight by 3-4 DH was pretty sad.. As if pvdooring wasn’t boring enough.

Alyrico
Tarnished Coast

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

That’s a funny statement, as grim was running in a pack of 9 or 10 for several hours and demolished any resistance it met with minimal effort. I know seeing some a hole cheat can make you angry, along with taking a fleecing in a new tier . But let’s not throw insults around. It just saps the fun out of everything.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: bleach.9074

bleach.9074

Where are these players? Or did you mean to say amazing zergs. Quite frankly I have yet to see a group smaller than 15 do anything more than cap sentries and get wiped by 5 people. I have literally had better fights from ioj up level roamers then anything I’ve seen from dark haven.. Your weekday force must really suck cause you guys are very reminiscent of the mass zerging/pvdooring that SBI did, yet you are in T6.

Also the hacking that happened at NW tower in drbl tonight by 3-4 DH was pretty sad.. As if pvdooring wasn’t boring enough.

I was there.

Several DH were being sucked inside the tower unwittingly. Some where able to run out, but others died inside where we could not rez them. If we were hacking, we would have sent in the mesmer first, no? If the game didn’t bug out, do you deny that we would have easily taken the tower? But as it was bugging out, we were losing numbers and potentially losing our ability to take the tower.

We honestly thought it was you guys who were the cause of this. Our side was really confused and upset, especially those who died.

[XSV] SMASH!

(edited by bleach.9074)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

To the person who said “with all the people dark haven fields,why are we in this tier” our morning shift is awful from sun to fri which is the reason why teams like anvil were able to pull 60k wins on us. If we had the population you suggested ,I feel we would be in t4

Our(DH) reset crew is a beast. We usely come out on sat morning in first and by sunday, we drop off alot. We have a great weekend crew(must have been off sat afternoon).

Zerg vs roamer…… I zerg since this is WvW not 5 vs 5. You may know me as that tall asuran guard with t2 asuran cult armor and a peacekeeper great sword thats upleveled in eb. You know the one that takes forever to kill :P

Now if IoJ can keep pressure on us and DR comes out swinging, this match up will have alot more great fights like when on friday night were Dr in their BL recaped everything and we try to only take their garr. DR you guys made that not happen and i /bow to you guys for your quick defence on it.

I hope to see more of this all week

:edit:
DH dose not allow people that cheat. Most of us will report our own players if we think they are hacking or cheating. I hope it was just a bug as i seen the same thing happen before

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

(edited by Lord Rager.8543)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: thesocialshift.2406

thesocialshift.2406

Where are these players? Or did you mean to say amazing zergs. Quite frankly I have yet to see a group smaller than 15 do anything more than cap sentries and get wiped by 5 people. I have literally had better fights from ioj up level roamers then anything I’ve seen from dark haven..

Try not to act so bitter and keep it respectful in here. I think the fights have been great, all sides win and lose some.

There are plently of small groups running around in DH, even capturing keeps and wiping zergs with less than 15. If you can’t find them, it’s time for you to get out of the citadel a little more (or check the forum). That said IoJ has some pretty awesome late-night/early morning teams I’ve personally seen and DR was putting up a really nice defense of their BL yesterday evening.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Oh DR, How I love thy.

Hmm well this awkward in the very short amount of free time that I am able to play was mostly chasing the DR zergs back to some fort where they would look down at us. Even more time was spent with bottles on my fingers, clinking them together waiting for them to come down…..meh any who I am enjoying this week keep on keeping on with the unmerciful smiles of war

Attachments:

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

I made a nice little video of a moment last night that was pretty awesome

ROFL, 40? You’ve obviously never seen 40+ tbh. With 40+ you get waves of players (5 at a time) culling in and out of your vision while they are moving around. I didn’t see any of that here. Looks like 20-25.

Pretty awesome video imo, do you really need to nitpick exact numbers? sigh There were less DH than mentioned too if you count. Videos are fun and you can learn from them, I wish I could see a video of our DH people getting eaten by sharks, that would have been a fun one xD.

So honest question Darkhaven… with the numbers you guys put in the field all day long… why are you in this tier?

We were in tier 7 a few weeks back so we’re making progress and working hard to improve even more. However, AR and BP can both outnumber us pretty much all day still; we were lucky to hold our borderland keeps for a day with either of them. You must admit there have been some really good fights so far this week.

Well, yea you gotta nit pick the numbers. Saying the enemy numbered twice what was there is wrong in a few ways. Once you actually start fighting 40 players you will be able to tell based on the culling mid fight. Downed players vanishing for no reason is one of the primary ones. Reset night we 15 held the Southwest camp in IOJ BL from 40+. The archway into it as well as the hill from the southeast part of it were two really amazing choke points like that. Besides isn’t the point of videos to nitpick what you did wrong or right?

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

Oh DR, How I love thy.

Hmm well this awkward in the very short amount of free time that I am able to play was mostly chasing the DR zergs back to some fort where they would look down at us. Even more time was spent with bottles on my fingers, clinking them together waiting for them to come down…..meh any who I am enjoying this week keep on keeping on with the unmerciful smiles of war

Must be talking about the PUG zergs. Although we think our 15-20 ADQQSTY is a zerg, to most of the server populations that number isn’t. Sometimes I get confused =P

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

KinkyGiraffe.4123

God DuR, how i missed the way you hit us when we try and attack the strongest server, even though it was a poor attempt at an attack on Anz, it caused us to lose our foothold in DH’s corner…if only you put pressure on the other side we could have made them break, but nope!

And may i say that was a nice golem rush by DH on our keep, nearly had me quit WvW for the day, disappointed that we didnt scout that at all.

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

(edited by KinkyGiraffe.4123)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Every server has disorganized PUGs. Personally, I prefer fighting guilds who think that a portal bomb = automatic win.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Occasionally some good fights… usually it seems to be 2-1 against us in numbers… that gets old after awhile…

Throw in im usually a running solo as a ranger, and it seems like all I run into is mesmers and necros… equals a long weekend for me.

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson Magdelana.9024

Crimson Magdelana.9024

God DuR, how i missed the way you hit us when we try and attack the strongest server, even though it was a poor attempt at an attack on Anz, it caused us to lose our foothold in DH’s corner…if only you put pressure on the other side we could have made them break, but nope!

And may i say that was a nice golem rush by DH on our keep, nearly had me quit WvW for the day, disappointed that we didnt scout that at all.

Pro gate golem loss DH… or should we just call it a blueprint as it was never built? You guys have the numbers, but your late night tactics qualify you for handicap parking (sorry, it’s true). This was right after we stole Durios and Umber, both of which were camped with 2 ballistas versus 10-15+ of yas running in catching touchdown passes from our seige. With 4-5 IoJ players snatching up dem loot bags.

A DH commander once told me we’d never own our own borderlands again after what the IoJ night shift did to you guys….shame on him (Rina Latrix). I can’t wait to see what the weekdays hold.

IoJ is thin. And I mean thin as far as wvw numbers are concerned. But after a month or more against EB and SBI, 10 of us can handle 30+ of DH. DR had a lot to say when we dropped tiers, hopefully now they realize how screwed up the tiers are considering going straight from 3rd place in t5 to third place in t6. You guys on DH get it together and you’ll be something to be afraid of. Until then…free badges to the outmanned IoJ.

Sharks and cannons……lol.

You call it afk. I call it getting a beer.

(edited by Crimson Magdelana.9024)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Every server has disorganized PUGs. Personally, I prefer fighting guilds who think that a portal bomb = automatic win.

Lol, this seems like a thing from Darkhaven really. Yesterday we were portal bombed 10 times by different groups of people, some multiple times, who also got wiped every single time.

It’s kind of amusing but at the same time kind of sad. Not saying this as a troll, I do applaud your effort in using strategies, but portal bombing the same group using 5+ hammer guardians is just not gonna end well, not the first time nor the n:th time.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

I have to say it was pretty amusing taking down both outer and inner walls of IoJ bay solo – even though we lost it pretty fast after, it was worth the 2 catas i used to imagine the look on that poor upleveled warrior’s face irl when he walked into inner to watch the cap circle flip

Seriously though, I think there are a lot of people who dont even realise that there is a ‘watergate’ entrance to bay that you can cata from a slight lip in the underwater wall.

is basically where I learned about it, worth taking a look at.

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

irishhaf.1692

The reason I made that post was last night you guys had something close to 60 people in our BL, we had a small team break into your garrison and got swamped under by around 20 and we still made no headway in Eternal… if your weekday numbers drop off ok then that makes sense.

Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

(edited by irishhaf.1692)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

echo.2053

Lol, this seems like a thing from Darkhaven really. Yesterday we were portal bombed 10 times by different groups of people, some multiple times, who also got wiped every single time.

It’s kind of amusing but at the same time kind of sad. Not saying this as a troll, I do applaud your effort in using strategies, but portal bombing the same group using 5+ hammer guardians is just not gonna end well, not the first time nor the n:th time.

And that, good sir, is why we are the best of the lowest tiers. XD. We have a few questionable commandos out there who seem to be more for the “legendary” work then conquering. They get swarms of dh killed, mostly standing outside a door or wall with no siege ( le sigh). It the motivating amazing ones that you need to watch out for. >:)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

A DH commander once told me we’d never own our own borderlands again after what the IoJ night shift did to you guys….shame on him (Rina Latrix). I can’t wait to see what the weekdays hold.

Yeah, some of our commanders… That one in particular told a number of us to basically “eff off” if we werent part of their guild yesterday in a BL. That sort of thing is fine by me, just dont be surprised when those same people dont listen to a word that is said in the future. Not being part of the guild, and all, I think if the help isnt welcome, then it isnt welcome. Of course, they didnt tell anyone what they were doing either so the people who were told to scram couldnt work on separate objectives, or try to avoid the GvG, or whatever was going on. Awesome teamwork from DH on that one!

I am pretty sure all servers have dealt with the same. Certainly isnt uncommon in PvP!

To those questioning skill, on every side, PUGs will generally be the “easiest” to take down with less ability to communicate with one another. But at the same time, they are the backbone of any server. Ive said it a lot before, but the server that is able to get its PUGs to actually play together towards the same objectives is going to be a powerhouse. I actually am starting to see this a lot from my server (DH) where PUGs are utilizing fields I am laying down and ressing, etc. Sticking together and spreading out as the need arises, and more. I have been very impressed actually. SOMEONE needs to make up for the lil asura (me). In my defense, I constantly lay down radiation field!

Its easy to only remember our victories, but its in defeat that we learn the most. Every portal bomb I took part in was successful, btw. Its a technique that can either immediately work, or immediately fail. I personally wouldnt do it after I learned about all the hammers that would be swung in response, but thats just me. Remember too, with the changes to culling, it will almost always look like your side is outnumbered since it tends to cull same server players instead of opponents. In most fights, it only looked like 5 people were holding off 40, but in reality, there were much more of my team mates there than showed on screen.

Loved the fights again last night, but we will see what the week has in store.

@Gab:

Laying down conditions then getting the heck outta dodge? Youre like.. my bro, bro! Ranger shortbow is great for stacking conditions to an unknowing party. I used to laugh at all the plinking when it was done to me, but man those conditions catch up fast!

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Yeah, some of our commanders… That one in particular told a number of us to basically “eff off” if we werent part of their guild yesterday in a BL. That sort of thing is fine by me, just dont be surprised when those same people dont listen to a word that is said in the future. Not being part of the guild, and all, I think if the help isnt welcome, then it isnt welcome. Of course, they didnt tell anyone what they were doing either so the people who were told to scram couldnt work on separate objectives, or try to avoid the GvG, or whatever was going on. Awesome teamwork from DH on that one!

I am pretty sure all servers have dealt with the same. Certainly isnt uncommon in PvP!

To those questioning skill, on every side, PUGs will generally be the “easiest” to take down with less ability to communicate with one another. But at the same time, they are the backbone of any server. Ive said it a lot before, but the server that is able to get its PUGs to actually play together towards the same objectives is going to be a powerhouse. I actually am starting to see this a lot from my server (DH) where PUGs are utilizing fields I am laying down and ressing, etc. Sticking together and spreading out as the need arises, and more. I have been very impressed actually. SOMEONE needs to make up for the lil asura (me). In my defense, I constantly lay down radiation field!

Its easy to only remember our victories, but its in defeat that we learn the most. Every portal bomb I took part in was successful, btw. Its a technique that can either immediately work, or immediately fail. I personally wouldnt do it after I learned about all the hammers that would be swung in response, but thats just me. Remember too, with the changes to culling, it will almost always look like your side is outnumbered since it tends to cull same server players instead of opponents. In most fights, it only looked like 5 people were holding off 40, but in reality, there were much more of my team mates there than showed on screen.

Loved the fights again last night, but we will see what the week has in store.

@Gab:

Laying down conditions then getting the heck outta dodge? Youre like.. my bro, bro! Ranger shortbow is great for stacking conditions to an unknowing party. I used to laugh at all the plinking when it was done to me, but man those conditions catch up fast!

The thing with pugs is though, that they are usually dedicated WvW players themselves, they just don’t like to run in a guild, or their guild is not into WvW / running WvW at the moment. That’s why I feel many people don’t give them enough credit.

Oh, and I don’t take pride in wiping large groups of pugs. It’s just what AD/NoQQ/BSty does on the battlefield. I don’t have any illusions about us being the best players on the server or that the dude who trebs SM for an hour from WC is doing anything less important.

That being said, I do believe the work that we do is also no less important. Having a group who can easily wipe zergs twice their numbers is an important aspect of WvW. And even if it wasn’t, I would still be doing it. Because having fun IS the single most important aspect of playing this game, and killing people is what makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Dynnen.6405

“I want to kitten kill those mother kitten kittens!”

- Gab Superstar

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Tuluum.9638

The thing with pugs is though, that they are usually dedicated WvW players themselves, they just don’t like to run in a guild, or their guild is not into WvW / running WvW at the moment. That’s why I feel many people don’t give them enough credit.

Oh, and I don’t take pride in wiping large groups of pugs. It’s just what AD/NoQQ/BSty does on the battlefield. I don’t have any illusions about us being the best players on the server or that the dude who trebs SM for an hour from WC is doing anything less important.

That being said, I do believe the work that we do is also no less important. Having a group who can easily wipe zergs twice their numbers is an important aspect of WvW. And even if it wasn’t, I would still be doing it. Because having fun IS the single most important aspect of playing this game, and killing people is what makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Well, I am technically a PUG, so kind of preaching to the choir :P No one in my guild logs on and due to some bug in the game, I cant be invited to other guilds (or at least couldnt up until a month ago when I stopped trying!).

I think its an important aspect too. One of my plans for my guild was to actually have an elite team, like many guilds have, that practices and hones their teamwork in spvp as well as wvw.

Though, like I said, it appeared every fight I was part of my side was outnumbered. Its a bit deceptive with the culling system revamps. Of course, none of that will be applicable after the next update (woo!).

My point was more the same you are making. That the PUGs are important, and tend to outnumber the organized groups. Because of the mechanics in place, numbers really do have a nice advantage. The better the PUGs become, the better the server will become. Its like herding cats though, haha. The same can be said about the smaller organized groups, but because of numbers alone, I dont feel it has as much impact. If a group of 10 elite players comes up against a group of 40 elite players, we both know exactly how it will go! No worries either way, I have voiced this opinion quite a bit, and it really all goes back to the respect thing. I make the choice to respect others, but certainly dont expect it in return as that only leads to disappointment.

The elite teams can hold up a server with weak PUGs, but a server with both those elite teams as well as very strong PUGs will be a force to be reckoned with. This may happen in higher tiers, honestly, but I dont know. As it stands, most of those organized groups deride and insult PUGs, even on the same team. It just leads to a weaker server over the long run.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

echo.2053

XD enemy zerg surfing is one of my favorite pasttimes. I agree, there is no greater thrill of being in the middle of a red sparkley sea. leaving mangled bodies crying out of their loved once only to recieve mercy flagpoles through their chest.

well that and using innuedos while using a flame ram to breach a door.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

- Gab Superstar

Because having fun IS the single most important aspect of playing this game, and killing people is what makes me turn into a frenzied monster that lives only to slaughter the poor pugs mercilessly, not stopping until Charrcat sits down on my poor asura and squashes her. That, or pineapples. I kittening love pineapples.

Fix’d!

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

irishhaf.1692

shrugs camp a zerg in our BL you ask to be attacked.

Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Tuluum.9638

- Gab Superstar

Because having fun IS the single most important aspect of playing this game, and killing people is what makes me turn into a frenzied monster that lives only to slaughter the poor pugs mercilessly, not stopping until Charrcat sits down on my poor asura and squashes her. That, or pineapples. I kittening love pineapples.

Fix’d!

Peaches and anarchy..

Peaches. And. Anarchy.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

looks like my comment started quite the conversation lol. I can say this one thing with certainty. Dark Haven has been working super hard over the past 6-8 weeks to really come together and to work as a unit to achieve a common goal. and despite what some people may think. Our players on average are well versed in the ways of dub v dub. If we can pull together in the mornings from sun-fri for long enough for our regulars to come on. we will be moving up the ranks to give Anvil and Borlis the good ole fashion “Rawr!” …until then..we will hone our skills , have some fun ..and share a pint of ale over the the corpses of our rivals.

Long Live Dark Haven!…and oh yeah. my offer still stands. Anyone wanting to come over to DH “on a perm basis” and participates in wvw “on a reg basis” will receive a Sign on bonus!..pm me for details!

Whoajaxx the Ranger

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

looks like my comment started quite the conversation lol. I can say this one thing with certainty. Dark Haven has been working super hard over the past 6-8 weeks to really come together and to work as a unit to achieve a common goal. and despite what some people may think. Our players on average are well versed in the ways of dub v dub. If we can pull together in the mornings from sun-fri for long enough for our regulars to come on. we will be moving up the ranks to give Anvil and Borlis the good ole fashion “Rawr!” …until then..we will hone our skills , have some fun ..and share a pint of ale over the the corpses of our rivals.

Long Live Dark Haven!…and oh yeah. my offer still stands. Anyone wanting to come over to DH “on a perm basis” and participates in wvw “on a reg basis” will receive a Sign on bonus!..pm me for details!

A noble thought. But you will never move up. Even if you did, it will only be for a week or so, then you will move down again.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Not having a go, but was most/any of this PvDoor? Just want to know if we had a presence then and were just really…really bad or if we had no one.

Gave me a good laugh but
Ill admit, after we took your bay there was no DH to be found and were able to take the rest of the map no worries.

Naw, there was some fearsome resistance during that run at garrison, and 5 of us defended/saved the NE tower at the last second a few times with gates down against a relatively large group of IoJ (I think [POOH] was the the guild).

Overall we had more people on your map in the later hours, but it was a good fight up until about 4am eastern USA time.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

A noble thought. But you will never move up. Even if you did, it will only be for a week or so, then you will move down again.

I understand that at this point our morning shift numbers prevent this from happening. But skill wise i diddnt see anything from anvil that made me quake in my boots. IMHO it was strictly a numbers game. But….if we get number during the bankers shift to rival that of Anvil and Borlis I think things might be different.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I understand that at this point our morning shift numbers prevent this from happening. But skill wise i diddnt see anything from anvil that made me quake in my boots. IMHO it was strictly a numbers game. But….if we get number during the bankers shift to rival that of Anvil and Borlis I think things might be different.

Yes, it’s always a numbers game. However, T5 seems to be stabilizing around its current servers, both BP and AR are gaining points, and unless one of them moves down then you won’t move up. It’s kind of what was the problem with T5 previously. The servers in T6 definitely had more coverage and numbers, but because of how even it was no one moved up to T5. This lead to DR being stomped for about 3 months straight in completely one-sided battles, having to face one T4 server after another.

That’s also why few people care for winning on DR, those people are long gone by now.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Seriously, we take a portal when a mesmer puts it there. It’s not like we plan these thing 1 hour in advance. We have some good mesmers, that’s all. Of course there are ways to protect golems and not them would show a seriously lack of strategy.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Seriously, we take a portal when a mesmer puts it there. It’s not like we plan these thing 1 hour in advance. We have some good mesmers, that’s all. Of course there are ways to protect golems and not them would show a seriously lack of strategy.

I’m thinking you didn’t actually read what you replied to. :P

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

I run small man(2-5) constantly and just 20 minutes ago put a beating on a DR & IOJ zerg in DRBL + capped IOJ DB with the same small group while a big zerg took IOJ garrison. I dont know who you are fighting, but is sure isnt me & my team.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

I run small man(2-5) constantly and just 20 minutes ago put a beating on a DR & IOJ zerg in DRBL + capped IOJ DB with the same small group while a big zerg took IOJ garrison. I dont know who you are fighting, but is sure isnt me & my team.

Were you the [PD] guys at IoJ spawn?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

hyjaxxx.1584

lol i think this has turned into an kitten fest. Although im hoping that the conversation spurs some exciting combat. As it sits thus far its turned into what we experienced in T7 with gates and henge , where we pull a lead and the battle then becomes for second.

Devona has some good players with sound strategy, pull it together and lets have some fun! Im watching the lead isle has dwindle. it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours with it.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

irishhaf.1692

lol i think this has turned into an kitten fest. Although im hoping that the conversation spurs some exciting combat. As it sits thus far its turned into what we experienced in T7 with gates and henge , where we pull a lead and the battle then becomes for second.

Devona has some good players with sound strategy, pull it together and lets have some fun! Im watching the lead isle has dwindle. it will be interesting to see what happens in the next 24 hours with it.

shrugs same as with BP… you got bodies when we don’t have them… its not about pulling it together… its about having coverage and we don’t have it.

edit: when numbers are close to equal we do very well… this morning for instance… we had a 40 man IOJ in our BL for a few hours… soon as they left Dark rolled in.. we don’t have the bodies to keep up with that kind of pressure all the time. after 5 hours of fighting larger numbers Ive taken a break because it stopped being fun.

Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

(edited by irishhaf.1692)

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Phenona.9457

Phenona.9457

I can’t speak for everyone but I have found this match up my favorite so far. Can’t wait to see what the week has in store for us.

Phenona-Ranger, Somaina-Mes, Shaleo-Theif, Chrytheena-Ele, Milphina-Engi, Purpleppleater Yum- Mes.
Running [Lost] in IoJ

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Were you the [PD] guys at IoJ spawn?

You rang?

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

I want AR back. This is god awfully boring.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Fixx.1673

Fixx.1673

When you see an Asura mesmer, remember this post when you are paying your repair bill and wondering WTF happened ;D

Tookus Tbird, lvl 80 Mesmer
Representing Side Effect, [SE]
Darkhaven

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

When you see an Asura mesmer, remember this post when you are paying your repair bill and wondering WTF happened ;D

The [SE] players I have seen are mediocre at best. Their team coordination isn’t better either.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

Ouch. Aaaaaaand
Coming soon to your favorite Devona’s Rest city:

Attachments:

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Posted by: Soraskellington.7281

Soraskellington.7281

ROFL, 40? You’ve obviously never seen 40+ tbh. With 40+ you get waves of players (5 at a time) culling in and out of your vision while they are moving around. I didn’t see any of that here. Looks like 20-25.

The only reason i said 40 was because i was only comparing the numbers to what my guild had. We had 15 people in teamspeak, probably about 10 at that wall protecting the catas, while we had 2 people manning the catas. So we only had around 8 people fighting there. It wasn’t mere chance or luck that we wiped them either. That is a strategy my guild has been practicing for the past 3 weeks.And I said 40 because all i could see was a blob of red names culling in and out, and my guild members all had different estimates of how many were there. Anyways the fight was roughly 3 to 1. I’m sorry i didn’t count every single person that we fought there.

Thelewulf
Leader of Darkhaven Uprising [RioT]
Darkhaven

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

Oozo.7856

The only reason i said 40 was because i was only comparing the numbers to what my guild had. We had 15 people in teamspeak, probably about 10 at that wall protecting the catas, while we had 2 people manning the catas. So we only had around 8 people fighting there. It wasn’t mere chance or luck that we wiped them either. That is a strategy my guild has been practicing for the past 3 weeks.And I said 40 because all i could see was a blob of red names culling in and out, and my guild members all had different estimates of how many were there. Anyways the fight was roughly 3 to 1. I’m sorry i didn’t count every single person that we fought there.

Judging enemy numbers is really incredibly difficult with culling, pets, mesmers, etc. Sometimes we have a fight where I think we are fighting 30+ but when I look back at fraps I can see it’s more like 20. Sometimes, it’s just the opposite.

I don’t think there were 40 DR in that fight, but it was still a good stand on your side and you were outnumbered.

22/3 - DR - IoJ - DH

in WvW

KinkyGiraffe.4123

I want AR back. This is god awfully boring.

Feel free to move up to tier 5 with them sick of being zerged in both EB and IoJ BL! As a DR has said, we too do not have the man power to hold off both DR and the countless DH.
As i’ve said before, all we need is another server like us and DR, and we’ll have the perfect matchup, the only thing holding both our servers back is coverage. (DR can pull more numbers, but have a huge coverage gap)

Mr(s) Starkk