you must show me where puppytown is plz

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Awesome Hold on GoM hills guys. By the end we had 5 NSP players and me in an omega. GoM sure had to bring everyone to the table to get it back!

sadly golems are too slow to go between gates, next time ill make 2

also, gg wvw, 40+ take a keep from 5 defenders and you do a repeat /sit. very sporting… and it still took you 3-4 hours!

Oh it took longer than that Smit xD! Os and AS have been holding hills keep since last night, even getting a waypoint on it!

Tele can tell ya more of the shenanigans that happened last night.

Thanks for keeping up the defense during Euro hours! brofist

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haz.9864

Haz.9864

Gotta love those guilds that will chase 10 people around a map with 40+

OMG pick up ur loot bags! I cant watch this without subconsciously spamming F! fun vid tho, good job =D

Akue – war, Duck Dogers – eng (Splt) (NSP)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Awesome Hold on GoM hills guys. By the end we had 5 NSP players and me in an omega. GoM sure had to bring everyone to the table to get it back!

sadly golems are too slow to go between gates, next time ill make 2

also, gg wvw, 40+ take a keep from 5 defenders and you do a repeat /sit. very sporting… and it still took you 3-4 hours!

Oh it took longer than that Smit xD! Os and AS have been holding hills keep since last night, even getting a waypoint on it!

Tele can tell ya more of the shenanigans that happened last night.

Thanks for keeping up the defense during Euro hours! brofist

Anytime!
I woke up at 8 am to start studying. Logged in to check the scores and that opportunity was too much to pass up!
Held it till around 1pm GMT, was hella fun!

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

OMG pick up ur loot bags! I cant watch this without subconsciously spamming F! fun vid tho, good job =D

I know! I saw a chest he wasn’t picking up, drove me nuts.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Josefjk.6310

Josefjk.6310

helo i had fun tonight

also mugi is a puppy

its true mugi is a puppy so is the lad guy

you must show me where puppytown is plz

you and the lad guy can make puppies in puppytown ty

Zynney – Guardian
Zynlet – Elementalist
SPCA 4 LYFE #YOLO #SWAG

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Divinorium.8952

Divinorium.8952

Just about every time I’ve logged in this weekend, we’ve owned SM. Obviously, Zombieland is doing something right. Besides… this story is lacking some details. Was that tower upgraded? A fully fortified Wildcreek is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Was anyone else working on SM at the time? A golem rush on a tough tower while a separate group takes down a wall-less paper SM is a good play.

At any rate, calling them out on the forums is no good. Just send them a whisper if you don’t agree with a plan. They might be seeing something you don’t, or vice versa.

No they don’t. In fact we normally capture SM when the GoM commanders are on, Knighpiepoe, or something like that, and The Old Spartan in especial.

While i witnessed they leaving because the moment we get SM 4 commanders pop in the mid of castle and begin to give strange orders like “attacking Durius while SM, with normal gates/walls, is being trebbed from Klovan”

Yesterday we captured SM, had ppl running supplies, 80% of the upgrade completed.
Our outter walls were down, and we called for help.(had like 15 players there)

We had every thing to hold SM, we had sieges inside lord room and upgrade would be going up in 5 minutes.
They gave orders to abandon SM and attack Meldon that were being taken 1 minute before.

Their explanation: it would be “easy” to take back SM.

They ended wasting 30 minutes on that in the mean time we lost SM and Anzalia. they lost more 30 minutes to take back anzalia and went to to enemy land to be wiped 10 times in a row without taking a single tower.
Went to SM and got wiped 5 times did this kittenty golem rush taking only one tower, and immediatly losing it after that because they didn’t defend.

After that one commander log out and the other ppl just didn’t follow his orders anymore.

From 310 points per tick we went to 200 because of them.(yes. it’s their fault because they just pop up commander when we already have commanders, 2 commanders giving completely different orders will never work)

They don’t do separate play. Their average plan for what i’ve seen is: throw players and sieges at the enemy, if it doesn’t work throw more.

I don’t think they are a good thing to GoM.

When i asked them wtf they were doing they answer with a “Shhhh GoM learn to play”
followed by a “you don’t like what we are doing? buy a commander for yourself”.

That’s why i HATE the commanders system in this game. This puts a bunch of PVE players in the place to command a PVP group.(pve because the only kinda of player i see throwing down 30 g like it’s nothing or is a bot or a 100% farmer)

This only ends in pathetic results.

In fact i’m kinda of tired of seeing commanders with legendaries that never upgrade towers/keeps. it’s almost funny how the “normal” players who doesn’t have legendaries/money to waste are the ones who actually do that.

PS: By any means or forms “Zombie Land” is a W3 guild. They don’t play like one. They don’t act like one, they don’t have the skills of one.

I Do agree with Pve Players helping at W3, but when they are the ones “calling the moves” you will end being flanked, out maneuvered and killed.
You will see a commander + 30 players waiting to the end of the Invencibility of a NPC end when it has more 4 minutes to go.
You will see a group of players trying to do a “blitzkrieg” using catas instead of rams.

That’s the problem we have right now. We have a bunch of “good players” and “good commanders”. but very few “good W3 players” and even fewer “leaders”.

(edited by Divinorium.8952)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Josefjk.6310

Josefjk.6310

Just about every time I’ve logged in this weekend, we’ve owned SM. Obviously, Zombieland is doing something right. Besides… this story is lacking some details. Was that tower upgraded? A fully fortified Wildcreek is an absolute nightmare to deal with. Was anyone else working on SM at the time? A golem rush on a tough tower while a separate group takes down a wall-less paper SM is a good play.

At any rate, calling them out on the forums is no good. Just send them a whisper if you don’t agree with a plan. They might be seeing something you don’t, or vice versa.

No they don’t. In fact we normally capture SM when the GoM commanders are on, Knighpiepoe, or something like that, and The Old Spartan in especial.

While i witnessed they leaving because the moment we get SM 4 commanders pop in the mid of castle and begin to give strange orders like “attacking Durius while SM, with normal gates/walls, is being trebbed from Klovan”

Yesterday we captured SM, had ppl running supplies, 80% of the upgrade completed.

We had every thing to hold SM, we had sieges inside lord room and upgrade would be going up in 5 minutes.
They gave orders to abandon SM and attack Meldon that were being taken 1 minute before.

They ended wasting 30 minutes on that in the mean time we lost SM and Anzalia. they lost more 30 minutes to take back anzalia and went to to enemy land to be wiped 10 times in a row without taking a single tower.
Went to SM and got wiped 5 times did this kittenty golem rush taking only one tower, and immediatly losing it after that because they didn’t defend.

After that one commander log out and the other ppl just didn’t follow his orders anymore.

From 310 points per tick we went to 200 because of them.(yes. it’s their fault because they just pop up commander when we already have commanders, 2 commanders giving completely different orders will never work)

They don’t do separate play. Their average plan for what i’ve seen is: throw players and sieges at the enemy, if it doesn’t work throw more.

When i asked them wtf they were doing they answer with a “Shhhh GoM learn to play”

That’s why i HATE the commanders system in this game. This puts a bunch of PVE players in the place to command a PVP group.(pve because the only kinda of player i see throwing down 30 g like it’s nothing or is a bot or a 100% farmer)

In fact i’m kinda of tired of seeing commanders with legendaries that never upgrade towers/keeps. it’s almost funny how the “normal” players who doesn’t have legendaries/money to waste are the ones who actually do that.

i didnt bother reading this because it was too long and im but just a puppy

Zynney – Guardian
Zynlet – Elementalist
SPCA 4 LYFE #YOLO #SWAG

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: RiverRat.1045

RiverRat.1045

score update please

Spliting it wit my biddys, 50-50 down the line

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

How is the overall match up so far?!?! I have been… unable to play all weekend but should be back soon.

AD/NoQQ/Bsty

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Had to poke my head in here to say Hi to Oozo and the oink,noqq folks. How fares the battle thus far? it seems pretty evenly matched.

I know that we are enjoying our new matching up in t6 . Sorrows Furnace is a power house.

Anyhow, just wanted to tip my hat..and to tell people to watch out for oink and noqq…they will quickly dispatch a group triple their size. so play smart!

Jaxx.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Me too… except for the puppy part.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I really tried to read it like three times…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

Quick little score update for those asking

Attachments:

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

How is the overall match up so far?!?! I have been… unable to play all weekend but should be back soon.

AD/NoQQ/Bsty

Pretty good, AD/NoQQ/Bsty scare the crap out of me. From what Gab sad, AD sounds like RH so thumbs up to you guys.

I read it, everyone on our server has a part and a voice and I want us to hear from every one of our players.

I’ll try to get in touch with you when I got the time to see what we can do to get your concerns addressed, Div.

Gate of Madness

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I haven’t played PvE since I farmed my tag in Orr during the first weeks of this game.
And I’ve commanded daily, almost totally solidly for 8months. Which doesn’t make me good by any means. But I do know my stuff.

Even if people who WvW hardcore bought commanders tags they’d still be bad commanders. Fact. Playing WvW and Commanding and both very different.

Just because you think you can WvW doesn’t mean you can command to any standard. That is something that I myself hate to read. You need to be intelligent to become a good commander. Strong mathematics and a good memory are required, if you can’t count/forget a camp is on a buff. Then your zerg gun’die.
Play some RTS games and even Chess mixed with map reading (even a bit of PR helps too).
Essentially. Be a gamer whos dabbled in all the genres. I doubt you could sit here and tell me you meet those requirements perfectly. Infact, very few people can. And thats why we have few really, REALLY Good Commanders who do it all right.

Yes “PvE Commander Super Stars” (this is their full title please us it) come into WvW and strut around thinking they are good. But they leave very quickly.
My advice to all and anyone is to recognize good commanders and just join their squad.
If you server has no good commanders, leave your server and join NSP, we have a few floating around somewhere.

Other than that join a European server.
NA Commanders < Euro Commanders.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

I haven’t played PvE since I farmed my tag in Orr during the first weeks of this game.
And I’ve commanded daily, almost totally solidly for 8months. Which doesn’t make me good by any means. But I do know my stuff.

Even if people who WvW hardcore bought commanders tags they’d still be bad commanders. Fact. Playing WvW and Commanding and both very different.

Just because you think you can WvW doesn’t mean you can command to any standard. That is something that I myself hate to read. You need to be intelligent to become a good commander. Strong mathematics and a good memory are required, if you can’t count/forget a camp is on a buff. Then your zerg gun’die.
Play some RTS games and even Chess mixed with map reading (even a bit of PR helps too).
Essentially. Be a gamer whos dabbled in all the genres. I doubt you could sit here and tell me you meet those requirements perfectly. Infact, very few people can. And thats why we have few really, REALLY Good Commanders who do it all right.

Yes “PvE Commander Super Stars” (this is their full title please us it) come into WvW and strut around thinking they are good. But they leave very quickly.
My advice to all and anyone is to recognize good commanders and just join their squad.
If you server has no good commanders, leave your server and join NSP, we have a few floating around somewhere.

What is the word?

Smitry / Spets
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Debois Guilbert.6413

<snip>

What is the word?

You can almost never go wrong with “phlegmatic”. Almost.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

<snip>

What is the word?

BIRD is the word

a ba ba bird bird bird… bird is da word.

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: NowThere.3814

NowThere.3814

Here is a couple of decent fights we have had so far this week with 3-4 guys if u want to check it out.

Nice video Wafs. It is by far the most entertaining part of this whole thread. lol

@ Kevin. No more Mist Form + Ether Renewal for you!! lol =)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

<snip>

What is the word?

BIRD is the word

OTHER SERVERS! Don’t you know about the bird? Well GoM is going to tell you about the bird!!! AH WELL A BIRD BIRD BIRD, The bird is the word!

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: JKFlipFlop.7123

JKFlipFlop.7123

Thanks for the fun in our BL this morning Toble. Woke up to some fun fights. Also thanks for the duel at mid island. It’s a shame I had to leave for class. Hopefully there will be some more fights to be had when I’m done on campus. Cheers!

I Am Harmfull – [WHO] ex tM/XOXO
Roamer and Troll
GoM→NSP→AR→NSP→GoM

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Thanks for the fun in our BL this morning Toble. Woke up to some fun fights. Also thanks for the duel at mid island. It’s a shame I had to leave for class. Hopefully there will be some more fights to be had when I’m done on campus. Cheers!

dude i hate this time of year… all i wanna do is game, and just as it gets good i have to study :/

Smitry / Spets
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

<snip>

What is the word?

BIRD is the word

OTHER SERVERS! Don’t you know about the bird? Well GoM is going to tell you about the bird!!! AH WELL A BIRD BIRD BIRD, The bird is the word!

I am very pleased with GoM players for this.
Here is your reward dear sirs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Smitry / Spets
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

Thank you NSP and GOM for being skilled opponents. I have seen many intelligently run commands from you guys this weekend, and have enjoyed being beaten by skill rather than numbers or by coverage. It is a shame GOM has coordination issues resulting in golem wipes, but that seems that is more of an exception than a rule. SPCA/XOXO- nice open field play, I am not driving a PUG group over your way if I can avoid it in the future. I am in no hurry to leave this bracket as the WvW is so much better right now.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Partunu.9845

Partunu.9845

Ton of great fights all weekend. From ZvZ battles, to small group, to lone roamers. Very very few glass cannons, so was a good opportunity to test new builds. GG NSP & GoM.

Partipack – DR engineer
[Zoo] Zerg Of One

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Divinorium.8952

No in fact, to be a good commander you need to be a leader. Not a strategist.
That’s why every single leader in the world have a council to take advice from.

Saying “I play RTS i know how to be a commander” is ridiculous. A commander is the guy who make ppl do the things when it needs to be done. Not the guy who thinks what need to be done, if a commander has that trait is a plus not a requiriment.

A commander is different of a “master in the RTS”. in a RTS you say they do. In GW2 you need to convince ppl to do so.

The problem with PVE commanders are they don’t hear who have more experience in W3.
So even making the zerg work. It ends being pointless because they, more then often, keep attacking a target with no tactical importance and never give up/hear others players because of his pride.

In fact all the VERY GOOD “leaders” i’ve met in my life were always using opinion of other ppl over his own opinion.

Leadership is not about knowing how to do things. Is about to recognizing and knowing who know how to do things.

A commander is a leader. Nothing more, nothing less.

And what you described is a strategist.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

helo my friends

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

a commander needs to be both a leader and a strategist.

the greatest leader in the world won’t be much help if he keeps leading his troops over cliffs(both real and metaphorical). He also won’t be very good at convincing others to follow him when his commands run counter to good strategy.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Havvik Nightseeker.3485

Havvik Nightseeker.3485

hello. commander from HoD. reading this curious how the new t7 match up is going. i miss NSP and GoM. and im glad to see there is alot more respect in the new t7 thread then there was in the old one.

@diviniorum a good commander has to be both. a good leader and a good strategist. if you are not good at strategy you will just get people killed. hence why Golem rushes do not always work. because its poor on strategy

[Wake] main driver/GL

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Saying “I play RTS i know how to be a commander” is ridiculous. A commander is the guy who make ppl do the things when it needs to be done. Not the guy who thinks what need to be done, if a commander has that trait is a plus not a requiriment.

A commander is different of a “master in the RTS”. in a RTS you say they do. In GW2 you need to convince ppl to do so.

The problem with PVE commanders are they don’t hear who have more experience in W3.
So even making the zerg work. It ends being pointless because they, more then often, keep attacking a target with no tactical importance and never give up/hear others players because of his pride.

In fact all the VERY GOOD “leaders” i’ve met in my life were always using opinion of other ppl over his own opinion.

Leadership is not about knowing how to do things. Is about to recognizing and knowing who know how to do things.

You do need a pretty cool name tho!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

Commanders in GW2 are Generals.
Not leading the Green party LOL
Do you think Commanders stand there and argue their case and reason out why we should do such and such before taking a vote and then 30minutes later actually doing it? Lol
Do you even WvW?

It doesn’t matter if the zerg behind me likes me, it matters that they’re in the right place at the right time.

Hence Strategy is required. I did indeed mention PR in my post. But it is a minority. If I have a record of winning every siege I’ve ever gone into. Peeps gun’be following even if I am a massive kitten.
Free Karma train bro.

If you want a Leader join a guild.

EDIT:

And did we actually have a Bird is the word chant on the forums?!
LOOOOL

I love you guys.

Smitty <3

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Divinorium.8952

@Havvik and Grandma

No. he don’t.
“Why?”
Because a good leader, like i’ve said,naturally ppl with potential around him.
And more important he HEAR what these ppl have to say.

If a leader is leading his troops over a cliff the guys around him will warn him and he will make his troops turn around.

I say that for my own experience.

I played Ragnarok Online for 8 years. 7 of these years was with the same leader.

I got to know this guy when his guild had 40 players and when they never actually “captured” a castle, the main goal of this game’s Guild X Guild event.

I was/am the kind of players that want to know “everything” about the game to use this knowledge as a advantage. Using this knowledge i adviced this guy.

From 40 players we went to the wooping number of 450 players. And being the only guild in our server, it was a private with around 3k , that made the “full lock” it means taking all the 25 castles in the game and ending the battle time with it.

What this means?
His tactis were and are crappy ones.
But even with that ppl still fighting for him and eventually another ppl, with better knowledge, joined him.
I myself before joining the guild had my own with 30 players. I sometimes got a castle and we often beat his guild.

But again i was the “commander” strategist. In the WoE my guild did bad we got down to 12 players. While his guild, even not being the strongest in the world were growing.

I went there and discovered the difference between a strategist and a Leader. And why the guy that has the shinie armor and everyone see at the guys making the moves
need to be a Leader, not a strategist.

For most part of the battles i and the council of the clan were calling the moves. But he was the guy making ppl do.

That were made even more clear one time i lead the guild by myself when he couldn’t play. Even calling the same moves i did when he was online ppl just didn’t made it “right” they ignored half of the orders and things like that.

A “Commander” strategist will have followers until he fails for the first time.
A “Commander” leader will have followers through the hell and back.

The requeriments to be a Commander is before anything else be a leader, strategist is a trait you can include in your council.

PS: Clan and guild are the same thing.
And WoE is “War of emperium” the Guild X Guild event in this game.

(edited by Divinorium.8952)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Debois Guilbert.6413

<snip>

What is the word?

BIRD is the word

I am very pleased with GoM players for this.
Here is your reward dear sirs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Ouch. I think that Stewie agrees with me.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

helo my friends

hello its you the lad guy

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

@Havvik and Grandma

No. he don’t.
“Why?”
Because a good leader, like i’ve said,naturally ppl with potential around him.
And more important he HEAR what these ppl have to say.

If a leader is leading his troops over a cliff the guys around him will warn him and he will make his troops turn around.

I say that for my own experience.

I played Ragnarok Online for 8 years. 7 of these years was with the same leader.

I got to know this guy when his guild had 40 players and when they never actually “captured” a castle, the main goal of this game’s Guild X Guild event.

I was/am the kind of players that want to know “everything” about the game to use this knowledge as a advantage. Using this knowledge i adviced this guy.

From 40 players we went to the wooping number of 450 players. And being the only guild in our server, it was a private with around 3k , that made the “full lock” it means taking all the 25 castles in the game and ending the battle time with it.

What this means?
His tactis were and are crappy ones.
But even with that ppl still fighting for him and eventually another ppl, with better knowledge, joined him.
I myself before joining the guild had my own with 30 players. I sometimes got a castle and we often beat his guild.

But again i was the “commander” strategist. In the WoE my guild did bad we got down to 12 players. While his guild, even not being the strongest in the world were growing.

I went there and discovered the difference between a strategist and a Leader. And why the guy that has the shinie armor and everyone see at the guys making the moves
need to be a Leader, not a strategist.

For most part of the battles i and the council of the clan were calling the moves. But he was the guy making ppl do.

That were made even more clear one time i lead the guild by myself when he couldn’t play. Even calling the same moves i did when he was online ppl just didn’t made it “right” they ignored half of the orders and things like that.

The requeriments to be a Commander is before anything else be a leader, strategist is a trait you can include in your council.

PS: Clan and guild are the same thing.
And WoE is “War of emperium” the Guild X Guild event in this game.

Hah you don’t even WvW.
What you said makes potato sense.

^Just this.
This and this alone.

Potato.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

I am a new commander and am learning the way by observing and emulating those around me who I know are good commanders. The most successful commanders are really very good at getting people working together on the same page and on the same objective. This is often very difficult, since communications are fragmented.

On DR we have a public server wide TeamSpeek channel and you can download the freeware to run it, and pay nothing to use it. We have guild channels set up in it, and channels set up for the various borderlands. You can log right in and know immediately what those commanders are trying to do in that BL or EB, and know where you can help the most. People from many different guilds join in and work together on TS. Yet in spite of this obvious value, many choose not to use TS.

I was able to get some pick up group members in TS last weekend, and even though they were brand new to WvW, we were able to coordinate and play cohesively as a unit via TS. We were outnumbered and evaded the defenders of the borderlands, and I showed them a lot of tricks in the span of an hour that had taken weeks to learn. We decided to try and sneak cap a tower by building catapults. It was going to take 2 catapults to take the tower faster than the defenders could respond, so we began by building one, then moving off to resupply. Along came a small group of PUGs from our own realm who did not know what we were attempting, and they started catapulting the wall without telling us. Before we could return with supply to build the second, they had taken the wall down and wiped on the Lords room, and the defenders were alerted, the catapults destroyed, and wall repaired. The PUGs then had the audacity to blame us for being off at a supply camp when the push started.

This is what frustrates many who command, this breakdown in communication. You have a few who are plugged in and on the same page, while others run off in random directions like a herd of cats. Good commanders are able to herd those cats well, and know when to hold up, and get that cat herd in shape without being suppressed for channel usage.

Clearly tactics and strategy matter, but until you have communications, sound strategy and tactics can fail miserably.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: airstu.2579

airstu.2579

Good commanders are able to herd those cats well, and know when to hold up, and get that cat herd in shape without being suppressed for channel usage.

mastering this leads to

You have to gather them, feed them victories and keep them entertained while also maintaining your goals – be that expansion or fortifying what you have etc.

Calisto – NSP BPTCBP
Dictator for Life
Shiverpeaks Search and Rescue [Lost]

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

The more I read your posts, the more I think you have very little WvW experience.

Commanders don’t have councils and advisers, they have to be able to function solo: you get on a map, assess the situation and if a commander is needed, you toggle your tag, pull ppl to you and start getting stuff done.

The dynamic you describe is certainly possible in WvW… but it’s something you won’t encounter during the majority of a match.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

pixieish.9627

^Just this.
This and this alone.

Potato.

I thought the entire point of a commander sigil was to lead people off of cliffs?

(I am also disappointed that trying to search for such a thing on Youtube doesn’t bring up any amusing videos. For shame! I demand videos of WvW lemmings, kitten it!)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

pixieish.9627

Oh please. Oozo has no need for material wealth, Oozo only thirst for blood and…

…that… that chest. Pick it up Oozo… Pick it up! Why won’t you pick it up?!

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Oh please. Oozo has no need for material wealth, Oozo only thirst for blood and…

…that… that chest. Pick it up Oozo… Pick it up! Why won’t you pick it up?!

Gotta fund food buffs and multiple sets of gear for multiple alts somehow. Could PVE—ewww

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: pita spoon.5708

pita spoon.5708

And did we actually have a Bird is the word chant on the forums?!
LOOOOL

I love you guys.

Smitty <3

i just couldnt’ help myself

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?
Let’s ask tootsie.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

Loving the even-ness of this matchup, and all the roaming squads i’ve been seeing. Anyway, been having a lot of fun, hope everyone else is too.

On a side note, thanks NSP for the laughs. ;D (Pic)

Attachments:

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flerch.4817

Flerch.4817

Loving the even-ness of this matchup, and all the roaming squads i’ve been seeing. Anyway, been having a lot of fun, hope everyone else is too.

Some of our highest level tactics here on NSP. Even the most talented players/strategists can’t understand them; that’s how advanced we have gotten.

Timada Thief|Poof Poof Bang Mesmer
Daklap Elementalist|Man Crushin Thighs Warrior
XOXO|NSP

(edited by Flerch.4817)

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Ya, makes baby jesus cry when we leave bags on the ground concentrating on the fight and not loot. I have gotten a couple of precursors and so have some others I run with for instance M Black just got another precursor and he has over 60,000 kills. But with that said I’m 100% certain I left a few more precursors laying on the ground in bags myself :-( Really makes me a sad panda.

Stylii Elementalist
Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader
AD/BSTY/NoQQ Alliance

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Some of our highest level tactics here on NSP. Even the most talented players/strategists can’t understand them; that’s how advanced we have gotten.

Those NSP pvdoor habits are hard to break.

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Ya, makes baby jesus cry when we leave bags on the ground concentrating on the fight and not loot. I have gotten a couple of precursors and so have some others I run with for instance M Black just got another precursor and he has over 60,000 kills. But with that said I’m 100% certain I left a few more precursors laying on the ground in bags myself :-( Really makes me a sad panda.

Stylii Elementalist
Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader
AD/BSTY/NoQQ Alliance

Honestly, I’ve been so focused on the fighting so far this tier that I’ve been ignoring loot for the most part. It’s a lot different when you aren’t being challenged.

This movie displays my elite looting skills.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Divinorium.8952

The more I read your posts, the more I think you have very little WvW experience.

Commanders don’t have councils and advisers, they have to be able to function solo: you get on a map, assess the situation and if a commander is needed, you toggle your tag, pull ppl to you and start getting stuff done.

The dynamic you describe is certainly possible in WvW… but it’s something you won’t encounter during the majority of a match.

No that’s what differs a effective W3 commander from a random PVE commander.
If you don’t have ppl to take advice from you only have one point of view while this point hold your own pride.

But i don’t think you actually got to play with a strong W3 guild neither with a good commander.

GoM in the early days had both, so i know what i’m saying.

PS: if a commander enters the W3 alone without support of his own crew/party he will fail when faced against any organized force.

In fact A competent commander have knowledge of all the parties in the map.
And give order like “party X and Y attack camp Z while we hold the enemy here”

If you enter a map and don’t know who are in your side in the map, don’t have scouts and don’t know what exactly the enemy is doing you aren’t a effective commander.

You are taking actions based on swords in the map and probably giving order like “group on me so we will zerg rush X place”

26/4 - DR - NSP - GoM

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valar Morghulis.7049

Valar Morghulis.7049

I believe this match-up is the best one that NSP has had, at least most fun, IMO. Thanks for all the great fights so far DR and GoM and hopefully many more to come. Lets all stay in this tier for awhile!

Fiddler of Malazan [BR] – Engineer {NSP}