3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

Heya TC dood from yer guild [REST] … good job on shoing your maturity doing the stompy stomp dance on a downded DB player, DB BL S.Hills :P

Sorry you had to see that. It’s embarrassing to see someone representing your server making us look bad like that. Just wanted you to know that most of us aren’t fans of that that kind of chest thumping. Hopefully, someone from REST will take care of it.

I’ve seen a lot of TC doing it to be honest this match up mostly on people they killed with higher numbers, heck I saw 15 TC’s “Jumping dance” on top of one guy outside Maguuma Garrison on Saturday.

I know it is probably just PUG’s but they really do kind of make you all look bad in those circumstances.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Whitebeard.5172

Whitebeard.5172

The one thing I noticed on TC is when 20 or so guys run around and take POI.They take a sentry and 15 of them huddle on the spot for the experience and then you look at many of them and they are in level 20 gear.
This has always been an epidemic on TC in EB when we run with PINK or TV commanders(Yes no matter what Rank this is the burden they bare), trial by fire and all of that but man, it’s spreading to the other BL’s now.

In any case be respectful, have fun and play to crush to get back to r2.

What’s wrong with leveling an alt when it’s an obvious blowout week? In our guild the only time we are restricted in bringing non-80 fully geared toons is durin our raid night. Plus this is aomething that occurs on every server, not just TC.

Don’t get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.Everyone does it.It’s just that this week if your not particularly enthused with the numbers of enemies out there it may be a good time to yank out the big guns and attempt to rack up the points to get to rank 2 where there are many more targets.
I don’t say this to slight DB or Mag, they are fine folks.There just isn’t enough of them to quench the bloodlust that many TC folks seem to seek for the moment.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Heya TC dood from yer guild [REST] … good job on shoing your maturity doing the stompy stomp dance on a downded DB player, DB BL S.Hills :P

Sorry you had to see that. It’s embarrassing to see someone representing your server making us look bad like that. Just wanted you to know that most of us aren’t fans of that that kind of chest thumping. Hopefully, someone from REST will take care of it.

I’ve seen a lot of TC doing it to be honest this match up mostly on people they killed with higher numbers, heck I saw 15 TC’s “Jumping dance” on top of one guy outside Maguuma Garrison on Saturday.

I know it is probably just PUG’s but they really do kind of make you all look bad in those circumstances.

It does. I’m not a fan of it. I think it’s just cheap really.

It’s why I go out of my way to /bow after a fight. I’ll run all the way back to a prone body to do it.

Please know that the bulk of TC doesn’t approve of this kind of conduct. At least not our regular vets and guilds. I apologize on behalf of the people doing this.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

This. My fellow maguumians and I frequently stay to defend an objective. And when the three of us get slaughtered by their 30, I am always jumped on by no less than 3 people.

When roaming, I try to show them the error of their ways by taking them to downed state, then leaving. I don’t think it’s working.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

Jayne, I have witnessed a person jumping up and down on a dead enemy once.It was barbaric and uncalled for.
This being said I had the thought of buying the roses from the Anet gem merchant so I may at times sprinkle rose petals over corpses as a sign of respect for the unfortunate victim.
Would this be acceptable?

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

If you are an ele who dueled a GS/Axe-Shield warrior behind redvale last night in DB borderlands while both our servers fought over the camp – Good Show! I must admit I was surprised you wanted to duel in the middle of a fight, but it was fun. Let’s do it again sometime!

How does one arrange a duel in the middle of a fight? For that matter, is there any agreed upon etiquette for this sort of thing? A couple nights ago, I think I may have rudely interrupted a duel, since the person closer to the corpse backed up after he was downed and didn’t finish the kill.

This being said I had the thought of buying the roses from the Anet gem merchant so I may at times sprinkle rose petals over corpses as a sign of respect for the unfortunate victim.

Can’t speak for Jayne, but I suspect many in this crowd would not take it as respect. It may a bit overboard. There’s at least one poster in this thread who thought bows were meant sardonically.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

(edited by GreyFreeman.2516)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think that would be lovely Whitebeard

That said, as someone else mentioned above me .. we have a ton of new faces on our maps these days getting poi and vista completion. I suspect some of these folks are the culprits and don’t quite understand TCs WvW culture.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

The mystery of disappearing TC’s zergs finally solved: Dragontimer

in WvW

Posted by: Starfleck.8392

Starfleck.8392

Thanks for the note guys, one of the [REST] officers has been made aware of this (as well as the rest of the guild), and we are reminding people that dancing on downed/defeated is in extremely poor taste in our opinion. I will personally try and remember to /salute each and every one of you I manage to defeat this week, and I hope that will make up for it

edit: I’m told that there is probably at least one other guild with the [rest] tag out there, and with little guilds like this it’d be more helpful to include a full or partial guild name along with it. Still, at least for this one the reminder went out.

We are such flecks as stars are made of. . .

(edited by Starfleck.8392)

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

The mystery of disappearing TC’s zergs finally solved: Dragontimer

Well, we always come back.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

This. My fellow maguumians and I frequently stay to defend an objective. And when the three of us get slaughtered by their 30, I am always jumped on by no less than 3 people.

When roaming, I try to show them the error of their ways by taking them to downed state, then leaving. I don’t think it’s working.

This is becoming a staple part of any match up thread. Someone will always bring up how one side is jumping on them and someone always apologises for it knowing full well that this kind of childish behaviour takes place on all servers, including yours, so it looks like we’ll all just have to drink a nice hot cup of ‘deal with it’.

I had a grand old time on your BL yesterday, we smashed a lot of your players grouped up (we had 3 and were outnumbered), we killed several of you many times, you all kept coming back – which is good. Eventually, I got downed, the same players we’d already destroyed several times over pulled the same dance nonsense. To me, it’s comical, but hey, let them celebrate after being outplayed for so long.

If you see an emote from me it’ll be a salute or bow after a fight if it was fun or you’re not garbage. The only time I jump anything is if the guy I’m chasing is doing the jumpy jumpy ’can’t catch me’ stuff, so I’ll jump after them grawl style

To DB, who are the AoN guys? Honestly, those guys were great, 6 of them broke into Mag Bay when we held it, I think we had maybe 10 guys on the map at the time and I repeatedly watched as both Mag and TC challenged them, only to be utterly destroyed. You guys were working exceptionally well together.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

AoN are our bros, they used to be on Maguuma (and Ehmry Bay and Fort Aspenwood and I don’t remember what else). They pretty much always run groups of that size and are really good at it

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

It’s been said that Maguuma mistreats our prisoners, but we tree’d them just fine:

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Candir.5608

Candir.5608

If you are an ele who dueled a GS/Axe-Shield warrior behind redvale last night in DB borderlands while both our servers fought over the camp – Good Show! I must admit I was surprised you wanted to duel in the middle of a fight, but it was fun. Let’s do it again sometime!

How does one arrange a duel in the middle of a fight? For that matter, is there any agreed upon etiquette for this sort of thing? A couple nights ago, I think I may have rudely interrupted a duel, since the person closer to the corpse backed up after he was downed and didn’t finish the kill.

Well when TC duels at the windmill it is a simple bow from each combatant that initiates the fight. Last night I ran around the corner of one of the buildings in Redvale and there were 2 enemies standing there. The ele surprised me by bowing, so I did the same. We had a duel and his friend did not interfere. When the duel was over I bowed and ran to rejoin group without stomping.

If you run into a 1v1 try bowing and see if they return it. I have never stomped after a bow as I think that it’s bad form. If you win just bow and go about your business. Some of my favorite fights in WvW happen like that in the middle of nowhere.

Candyyr – Warrior – Commander
[DIS] – Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Static.9841

AoN are our bros, they used to be on Maguuma (and Ehmry Bay and Fort Aspenwood and I don’t remember what else). They pretty much always run groups of that size and are really good at it

They were super impressive, no doubt about that. A friend and I tried engaging them several times, but they stuck together and really brought it to us forcing us to back off repeatedly and try from a different angle, even when I did manage to stomp one of them (just one…) it didn’t take very long for them to get him back on his feet and put the pressure back on. Serious respect.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

(edited by Static.9841)

in WvW

Posted by: Benezetta.3687

Benezetta.3687

If I bow it’s meant as a sign of respect and my way of thanking you for a good fight. On that subject I would like to offer a belated /bow to two of the DB crews defending on their BL last night. You neatly pinned us in the worm pass between Bay and the supply camp and an epic fight ensued. I fully expected to be AJ’d but we managed to pull our fat out of the fire. I just wanted to thank you for one of the best fights I’ve ever had in wvw, kudos to you all. And thanks to Laona, one of our new commanders who made a very promising start to his career.

Teenzy Weenzy – [CYN] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Woaden.9425

Woaden.9425

As a TC’er, I have seen more jumping this week on our server as well. It may mainly be new transfers. I’m a wvw regular and I don’t recognize the names of all these hoppers.

When i see a hop, I try to:
/no
/bow

Though I’m also seeing a lot of folks who won’t rez for a long time, which is open season for corpse hopping :p

Kole —Thief
youtube

in WvW

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

What exactly is ‘hop dancing’ and ‘corpse jumping’? I ask because I hop EVERYWHERE. I don’t know why it is but if I’m running and there isn’t anybody to kill, I spam the space bar because I guess I have a short attention span. I’m not sure if I immediately revert to hopping after I get a kill because I don’t notice when I am jumping anymore. Am I offending people without realizing it? Or are we just talking about kitten who sit there and jump on your head for 5m?

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

(edited by OutspokenAardvark.9781)

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

To DB, who are the AoN guys? Honestly, those guys were great, 6 of them broke into Mag Bay when we held it, I think we had maybe 10 guys on the map at the time and I repeatedly watched as both Mag and TC challenged them, only to be utterly destroyed. You guys were working exceptionally well together.

Thank you, it was a lot of fun, great fights all around!

<3

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Like Jayne said, I am also not aware of -any- TC veteran player or regular WvW guild that condones of corpse-jumping. It’s disrespectful and low and has no place on our server. For what it’s worth, I don’t see it a lot during “normal” times (read: when we don’t have a lot of world mappers running around in WvW). The vast majority of us want to be good sports.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Our tribute to Lord Flame Ram this morning on MGBL

We died for our efforts, but we hope you appreciate the sentiment .. we even tried knocking on the door after we finished building to offer cookies .. there was no reply for a while .. then a bunch of angry red guys came out .. guess they don’t like cookies

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

We died for our efforts, but we hope you appreciate the sentiment .. we even tried knocking on the door after we finished building to offer cookies .. there was no reply for a while .. then a bunch of angry red guys came out .. guess they don’t like cookies

That is really cute, lol~

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

lol, I adore you Jayne. <3

edit: Also want to give my props to [AoN] – you guys are some of the best I’ve seen in any tier. Well done. =)

~Arabella

(edited by Lauren.3061)

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

I don’t think TC belongs in T3 with you guys, the problem is, I don’t think we belong in T2 either, we’re in that medium phase where we’re too big for one tier to give them any real fun and not quite formidable enough yet for T2, we’re getting there but for the time being we’re stuck with each other.

I don’t think they belong with BG but TC seems every bit as strong as FA maybe stronger. I also think during NA prime TC is better than Kaineng. FA/TC/Kain in T2 could be a good matchup. Nobody really knows where SoS ends up so I am hopeful they are a solid T3 server rather than a T2 that causes T2 servers to bounce every week between T2/T3.

TC is a solid T2. Now servers do ebb and flow and things change so they go up and down but regardless.We don’t belong with DB and Mag.

TC does not have the coverage, we all know that but may I remind you that on every reset night TC led the field in points, had massive fights and then slipped into second or third the next morning.And then something odd happened for whatever reason we just didn’t show up consistently throughout the week.
Every reset, 150-200 people are in mumble, next night half or two thirds of that, a couple of days later there are no more than half the numbers that showed up on reset for the rest of the week.Hey, people have lives to live, gaming isn’t everything so go figure.

My point is that it is what it is.Some people uttered in public that they wanted to try R3 so here we are, the world didn’t stop turning but it should clearly show that R3 is not for TC.
Rank 2 is much more in line with our average week long numbers even though we get clobbered by BG partly due to our number drops but the game play was never about winning or losing, it was about being matched up in a more competitive match.

I for one just hope this is no longer than a 2 week stint and that FA is there when we get there.They got there on their own, maybe got some coverage, weird scaling system yada,yada,yada.I just want to pound them into the ground like a tent stake again

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Having a wonderful time chatting with a Maguuma player today at Bay … sadly the conversation is quite one-sided

Edit: Oh we just grouped up and Trixy’s a lovely person. What a pleasant real convo Nice to have met you.

Attachments:

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

The i in Maguuma Invader is capitalized.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

The i in Maguuma Invader is capitalized.

Oh! You’re right! Terribly sorry! Bad typing skills on my part.

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I don’t think TC belongs in T3 with you guys, the problem is, I don’t think we belong in T2 either, we’re in that medium phase where we’re too big for one tier to give them any real fun and not quite formidable enough yet for T2, we’re getting there but for the time being we’re stuck with each other.

I don’t think they belong with BG but TC seems every bit as strong as FA maybe stronger. I also think during NA prime TC is better than Kaineng. FA/TC/Kain in T2 could be a good matchup. Nobody really knows where SoS ends up so I am hopeful they are a solid T3 server rather than a T2 that causes T2 servers to bounce every week between T2/T3.

TC is a solid T2. Now servers do ebb and flow and things change so they go up and down but regardless.We don’t belong with DB and Mag.

TC does not have the coverage, we all know that but may I remind you that on every reset night TC led the field in points, had massive fights and then slipped into second or third the next morning.And then something odd happened for whatever reason we just didn’t show up consistently throughout the week.
Every reset, 150-200 people are in mumble, next night half or two thirds of that, a couple of days later there are no more than half the numbers that showed up on reset for the rest of the week.Hey, people have lives to live, gaming isn’t everything so go figure.

My point is that it is what it is.Some people uttered in public that they wanted to try R3 so here we are, the world didn’t stop turning but it should clearly show that R3 is not for TC.
Rank 2 is much more in line with our average week long numbers even though we get clobbered by BG partly due to our number drops but the game play was never about winning or losing, it was about being matched up in a more competitive match.

I for one just hope this is no longer than a 2 week stint and that FA is there when we get there.They got there on their own, maybe got some coverage, weird scaling system yada,yada,yada.I just want to pound them into the ground like a tent stake again

Depending on how things go up in T2, you guys might be here for 3 weeks at least. SoS is in 3rd, but not exactly being blown out, so they’re going to have to fall one rank at a time.

I’m worried that SoS will end up a 2.5 server. T2 will shake out and KN/FA/TC will have fun there, but I’m guessing the T3/4 situation will be exactly the same as it is now, just with SoS in that steamrolling green position instead of FA / TC. But with the inherent volatility of a falling server, anything can still happen.

in WvW

Static.9841

Depending on how things go up in T2, you guys might be here for 3 weeks at least. SoS is in 3rd, but not exactly being blown out, so they’re going to have to fall one rank at a time.

I’m worried that SoS will end up a 2.5 server. T2 will shake out and KN/FA/TC will have fun there, but I’m guessing the T3/4 situation will be exactly the same as it is now, just with SoS in that steamrolling green position instead of FA / TC. But with the inherent volatility of a falling server, anything can still happen.

I don’t disagree, I’m not quite sure why people are assuming we’ll be back in T2 by the end of the week; I think people were also expecting FA to move straight back down as well.

If Mag ends up falling into T4, will that make you the out of place server stomping the other two servers?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Not much fights at the Mag BL I did have a 1 vs 1 with an ele until he ran away, am I really that scary? :C

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

If Mag ends up falling into T4, will that make you the out of place server stomping the other two servers?

Not stomping like how you’re stomping us, but probably. SBI might move up so who knows if it’ll be a little closer than last time. t4/t3 would be really, really stable if there was just 1 less t2 server. If SoS went below t4, t4 would be SBI/CD/Ebay which is really close, and t3 would be yb/mag/db, which is equally desirable.

If SoS was actually a true t5 server, that would actually make that tier finally no longer a green stomp. One server away from every single tier being much closer except for t8. Unfortunately, SoS will not fall to t5 with who is still there, especially tsym.

(edited by Pinko.2076)

in WvW

Whitebeard.5172

We won’t be back in T2 for at least 2 weeks, I’m hoping no longer than 3 static.
I predict that half way through next week TC will go into full blown PVE mode for the most part due to the boredom as we have done in the past with this type of match up.
If that happens it could go on longer.

And I don’t want people from DB and Mag thinking I’m dissing them.It’s just the nature of the game and match up system.

TSL-Poxxx
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Having a wonderful time chatting with a Maguuma player today at Bay … sadly the conversation is quite one-sided

Edit: Oh we just grouped up and Trixy’s a lovely person. What a pleasant real convo Nice to have met you.

I think the conversation started one sided because it looked like you were flipping Trixy off many times in a row. Just sayin!

in WvW

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

Thank you for the flowers, Maguuma.. but… yeah…

Attachments:

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

But what??

in WvW

Niko.8901

Is the ability to spawn in the opposing teams citadel waypoint something that is allowed now? Sorry, I did not see it in the patch notes if this is the case.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

Yep. They’re hoping it will encourage more friendly relations between servers. Looks like it’s working, based on this pic.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Niko.8901

It’s probably great for getting to that north supply camp too. It is a hassle running all the way from the bottom of the map I imagine.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty

in WvW

Pinko.2076

A little asura walks all the way north to give you flowers and you’re complaining about a camp?

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

The one thing I noticed on TC is when 20 or so guys run around and take POI.They take a sentry and 15 of them huddle on the spot for the experience and then you look at many of them and they are in level 20 gear.
This has always been an epidemic on TC in EB when we run with PINK or TV commanders(Yes no matter what Rank this is the burden they bare), trial by fire and all of that but man, it’s spreading to the other BL’s now.

In any case be respectful, have fun and play to crush to get back to r2.

What’s wrong with leveling an alt when it’s an obvious blowout week? In our guild the only time we are restricted in bringing non-80 fully geared toons is durin our raid night. Plus this is aomething that occurs on every server, not just TC.

Don’t get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.Everyone does it.It’s just that this week if your not particularly enthused with the numbers of enemies out there it may be a good time to yank out the big guns and attempt to rack up the points to get to rank 2 where there are many more targets.
I don’t say this to slight DB or Mag, they are fine folks.There just isn’t enough of them to quench the bloodlust that many TC folks seem to seek for the moment.

It’s all of our players that couldn’t handle T2 that are now needing to do this kind of crummy thing to feel better and dominant in WvW when they get a kill, don’t worry about them. When I see them I lecture them, I’m sure others on TC do the same, but it’s hard controlling all these people that never WvWed in T2 due to it being tough.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Niko.8901

I watched him spawn at our waypoint in TCBL. I didn’t know we could do this now. I was swapping my gear around and he spawned there at the Citadel Waypoint. I have never seen this before so I took a screenshot and some video.

Otto Maggic ~Toasty

in WvW

Posted by: Cry To Bleed.2150

Cry To Bleed.2150

TC,great fight at dbbl garisson^^ we must have taken a good chunk out of you at that gate.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I think the conversation started one sided because it looked like you were flipping Trixy off many times in a row. Just sayin!

Oh no .. I even mailed her cookies. Just ask her

in WvW

Jayne.9251

lol wonder if it’s the same thief that jumped up the walls at SM specifically to kill me on my treb, while 10 other of my teammates stood nearby. He didn’t kill anyone else, just me on the treb, then vanished just as quickly. Was hilarious.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I watched him spawn at our waypoint in TCBL. I didn’t know we could do this now. I was swapping my gear around and he spawned there at the Citadel Waypoint. I have never seen this before so I took a screenshot and some video.

Well first thing you should do is obviously accept the flowers.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Wow, more than I ever got.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Wow, more than I ever got.

Check your mail!

in WvW

Posted by: Balttizar.1957

Balttizar.1957

Trixy is a member of our guild and the cookies made her day.

Balttizar
Co-Guild Leader of [MU] Mortis Umbra
http://www.mortisumbra.enjin.com/

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Trixy is a member of our guild and the cookies made her day.

Well she’s a lovely person, you’re lucky to have her. We had a great conversation and I even gave her a super secret tip

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

I like