3/1 - 3/8: TC/DB/Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Shazbot.8906

Shazbot.8906

YES! Maguuma, thank you for this, made my day

You are a quirky bunch, I like you!

Taking those out as I’m typing this.

Amazing fight those Mag who just held out at TCBL Hills! Sooo many ballistas and arrow carts, and that omega! Had fun trying to stay hidden and whittle away at your siege. Good job defending, definitely one of my favorite fights of the week.

Grifithh / Grf – Thief / Elementalist
Quaggan-Cheng Derp Squad
Tarnished Coast – [DIS]

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

Ha, everyone wants DB’s Oceanics.

Yeah they do, specially TC.

They’ve been trying so hard. They’ve been approaching every guild in DB. It’s funny.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

YES! Maguuma, thank you for this, made my day

You are a quirky bunch, I like you!

Taking those out as I’m typing this.

Amazing fight those Mag who just held out at TCBL Hills! Sooo many ballistas and arrow carts, and that omega! Had fun trying to stay hidden and whittle away at your siege. Good job defending, definitely one of my favorite fights of the week.

This, thanks for the fight Mag, we threw out plenty of /bows and /salutes in the lord room after the battle ended.

Fight of the week that one.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in WvW

capuchinseven.8395

They’ve been trying so hard. They’ve been approaching every guild in DB. It’s funny.

Confused why you would think that’s funny, rather than common sense. Even if there was a 0.000000005% chance of it happening, as there is nothing to lose… why not?

in WvW

Loki.4139

Confused why you would think that’s funny, rather than common sense. Even if there was a 0.000000005% chance of it happening, as there is nothing to lose… why not?

It’s funny because they were trying to get NNK and TFV to transfer to TC. It wont happen.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

He is just trying to loftily discredit TC.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Last night in EB was a blast. Had alot of fun teaming up with TG to match TC’s numbers for once. keep up the fun fights!

I told you EBG was fun .. EA had some fun last night in Mag BL.

Seems everyone wants our Oceanics. They stuck with us through our downfall I doubt any will be going anywhere else soon. I do know that TC and FA have approached multiple guilds on DB to move servers. Funny part is all these guilds are NA prime which isnt’t really the bracket they need.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in WvW

capuchinseven.8395

It’s funny because they were trying to get NNK and TFV to transfer to TC. It wont happen.

Soo… someone just simply shouldn’t even ask? Meh, each to their own.

Aaahhhh. Penny dropped.

in WvW

Loki.4139

Soo… someone just simply shouldn’t even ask? Meh, each to their own.

Aaahhhh. Penny dropped.

Yeah , just don’t ask.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

And now for a word from our sponsor:

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: pinkijoo.6017

pinkijoo.6017

Someone here said we should attach a screenshot for proof…I’m sure some DB people do this, too. Oh, I’m sure the lot of you wouldn’t be tolerating this. And I apologize ahead if I sound kitten …there were 15 of us defending DB Garrison in our borderland. We held TC off for as long as we could.

It was tough, and I’m sure those in that TC zerg knows it. Surely, this guy could show a little more respect.

Attachments:

Magenta Grey – Playful little Ranger
[CRW] Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

If only they could read your custom emotes…

I for one hope DB stays completely in tact. It only makes me happy when egotistical, stacked T1 servers fall apart.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

If only they could read your custom emotes…

Yeah that’s why I posted that pix the other day so they could see I was only tickling them and offering them cookies .. instead of the usual “TC invader gestures” stuff …

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I think you need to be more creative like the flower throwing mourner. Screenshots are the easy way out!

in WvW

Posted by: Noobles.4325

Noobles.4325

Someone here said we should attach a screenshot for proof…I’m sure some DB people do this, too. Oh, I’m sure the lot of you wouldn’t be tolerating this. And I apologize ahead if I sound kitten …there were 15 of us defending DB Garrison in our borderland. We held TC off for as long as we could.

It was tough, and I’m sure those in that TC zerg knows it. Surely, this guy could show a little more respect.

thats where my 3 suppply is, i had 7 when i died o.o

in WvW

Posted by: nightfend.4072

nightfend.4072

TC wouldn’t know this, but when Kaineg ran through tier 3, their Asian guilds actually dominated our DB guilds. So basically they dominated our battlelands all day and night. Worst beating we’ve had. Though TC has definitely been pretty rough.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

From the look of that screenshot, you are lying on the floor long after the battle is over and you have no visible allies there to rez you. Which means you are either corpse scouting, or waiting for a stealth rez, both tactics at least as unsavory as corpse-dancing.

I normally limit emotes to simply /bow or /salute after a good fight while roaming. Laying around a inside keep/tower after a battle is clearly over waiting for a rez, or trying to act as a scout, are the exceptions in my opinion.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

Some PINK Thief danced on me this morning after he jumped me mid-fight where I had already downed a Ranger and a Thief (took a screen, but won’t post unless asked). I did find it amusing after seeing the posts about “no TC from the ‘main’ guilds would do this sort of thing.”

I felt a little bad for /laughing at the PINK Ranger I ganked 2 minutes later, since he wasn’t the one who /danced on me. I’m only human.

I never saw this from TC when I was on BG (I was on BG from Sep-Jan). I wonder if this is due to TC attracting a lot of people who don’t necessarily follow “The TC Way” since their stay in T2 began.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakytail.5783

Sneakytail.5783

Another photo

Don’t count my pixels pls!

lol there’s me , blue asura on the ballista xD

Lôkíi !!!! <3

(edited by Sneakytail.5783)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

From the look of that screenshot, you are lying on the floor long after the battle is over and you have no visible allies there to rez you. Which means you are either corpse scouting, or waiting for a stealth rez, both tactics at least as unsavory as corpse-dancing.

I normally limit emotes to simply /bow or /salute after a good fight while roaming. Laying around a inside keep/tower after a battle is clearly over waiting for a rez, or trying to act as a scout, are the exceptions in my opinion.

Long after? Do people normally cheer long after battles are over? Because there is a mere minute of chat in his screenshot where all of that is happening, and my guess is he was there because, I don’t know, he was typing in team chat.

Nor do I really see why a stealth rez is considered unsavory, considering thieves can’t C&D on walls anymore, unless I’m missing something.

in WvW

Posted by: GreyFreeman.2516

GreyFreeman.2516

I never saw this from TC when I was on BG (I was on BG from Sep-Jan). I wonder if this is due to TC attracting a lot of people who don’t necessarily follow “The TC Way” since their stay in T2 began.

We really haven’t been growing that much. I suspect they’ve been here all along. They just didn’t play much WvW when BG was wiping the floor with us.

[TC][HFC] Aedin
“Hopeless? Why, very well!
But a man does not fight merely to win!”

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I have seen some groups on TC taunt and emote their dead opponents but only when that opponent or opposing guild has been overtly disrespectful or made a habit of taunting Toasters. That said- there are times to dance on corpses and times to bow respectfully and i am sure we can all accept that unless we have all the details of the situation we are just speculating motives.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Ehh, I sometimes stay dead in a camp/outside of a tower (don’t think of done it in a keep yet) because I’m contemplating what went wrong, or I just go mentally afk/literally go afk because I get annoyed, but then end up coming back a few mins later. I don’t call that corpse camping, I call it “Ok, how could that had been prevented?” or “What just happened? That was ridiculous – gonna take a few min breather, before I get annoyed.” Haha.

Like early in our matchup, a small group of us (guild I’m in and another small guild) were cata’ing a tower and all of a sudden, there were like 20-30 SoS on us (lol culling) and we got wiped in seconds. It was hilarious, but it also made my mind go into wtf mode, so I took a little bit of time just sitting there dead. That really does not happen that often, since I run in small groups, so it caught me by surprise – I was lol’ing though.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakytail.5783

Sneakytail.5783

Ehh, I sometimes stay dead in a camp/outside of a tower (don’t think of done it in a keep yet) because I’m contemplating what went wrong, or I just go mentally afk/literally go afk because I get annoyed, but then end up coming back a few mins later. I don’t call that corpse camping, I call it “Ok, how could that had been prevented?” or “What just happened? That was ridiculous – gonna take a few min breather, before I get annoyed.” Haha.

Like early in our matchup, a small group of us (guild I’m in and another small guild) were cata’ing a tower and all of a sudden, there were like 20-30 SoS on us (lol culling) and we got wiped in seconds. It was hilarious, but it also made my mind go into wtf mode, so I took a little bit of time just sitting there dead. That really does not happen that often, since I run in small groups, so it caught me by surprise – I was lol’ing though.

I would have just left you a giant chocolate cake.

in WvW

Posted by: Ketharius.9018

Ketharius.9018

As of 9 minutes ago from this post… TC IS GOOD TO GO TO T2!!! Woooo!~

Now, hopefully SoS doesn’t pull out a nuke and flip everything to green in T2.

Tarnished Coast
[FUNK] Squad

in WvW

Loki.4139

Another photo

Don’t count my pixels pls!

lol there’s me , blue asura on the ballista xD

Lôkíi !!!! <3

Ermagherd! IT’s you :P xD

supp

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Suralin.3947

Suralin.3947

Congrats TC. Enjoy your next WvW match next week. :-)

I’m curious to see how SoS does in T3… it hasn’t fallen very far behind from the other servers in T2 (at least, it’s not as lopsided as it is with the current T3 match-up). Then again, Yaks is moving up and Mag down – a blessing and a curse. Are SoS people nice?

DragonBrand – Terror Gaming [TG]
Fer Aline – Thf; Suralinta – Rgr; Alyra Va Tel – Ele; Mer Aline – War

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

Congrats TC. Enjoy your next WvW match next week. :-)

I’m curious to see how SoS does in T3… it hasn’t fallen very far behind from the other servers in T2 (at least, it’s not as lopsided as it is with the current T3 match-up). Then again, Yaks is moving up and Mag down – a blessing and a curse. Are SoS people nice?

This is purely opinion on the question you asked, do not take it as fact. The remaining people of SoS have very good sportmanship, but some of the ones that had come to the server to bring them to tier 1 and then left SoS for BG after SoS lost 2 weeks, are not (they may have gotten better because I don’t think BG would deal with that kind of crap). They had this really bad forum warrior on SoS but he is on BG now and doesn’t post as much – even some SoS people got tired of him and were glad to see him go (again, based on observation, not fact). This is what I have observed and my opinion on the matter. The SoS that are around now seems very civil and a fun opponent. You will probably have a good time with them.

Def a trap – “cake or death?” (Please get that reference. :P)

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

TC Borderlands, east keep, summarizing the battle http://youtu.be/FAelujG461o
That was fun. We should do this more.

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

At first I thought this was going to be, “TC are jerks for ‘camping’ our door”. But then I realized what they were doing and hopped down to have some fun. Some people don’t understand and a few DB got upset. And I was eventually killed by a TC player while standing in the middle of all the other TC players. But oh well, it was a fun diversion for about 30 minutes.

Attachments:

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Jayne.9251

. Are SoS people nice?

From everything I’ve seen from their posting, yes. So hopefully it will be a good match for you guys.

I wanted to thank DB for all the fights this week. We still aren’t in the clear to go up to T2, but your gameplay really made the week enjoyable for me, and others on TC too.

Mags folks, over the course of this week I’ve grown fond of you. Some of your forum warriors, once the rough edges were worn down a bit, are quite funny and delightful. You have a strong morning EST crew, they held us off in hills over and over — so many deaths.

There’s something good to be said about all servers in this tier. May your fights be fruitful and may you always enjoy the game.

in WvW

Posted by: JaironKalach.4938

JaironKalach.4938

The cake is a lie.

I play on Maguuma
Uru Kalach (80-War)/Kalthin Leafletter (80-Rgr)/Kalfun Gai (72-Guardian)
Leader – An Unexpected Kinship (AUK)

in WvW

Magiofdeath.2745

The cake is a lie.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Is there an official fight club scheduled for tonight? Some TC told me they usually do one on thursdays.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I didn’t film too much this week, but here’s a little bit of last night from [PiNK]. Special thanks to [EA] for the rams and all the MG defenders who probably didn’t expect to see us when the gate came down. What you two servers lack in coverage, you certainly make up for in tenacity. Thanks for the good times.

That awkward moment when you find out someone already knocked the gate down…

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Is there an official fight club scheduled for tonight? Some TC told me they usually do one on thursdays.

If it happens, it’s usually at the windmill on TCBL .. but sometimes it changes maps .. always same spot at windmill tho. I know the guy who usually organizes it is busy with school, but maybe he’ll post something here .. and it’s usually from I think 5pm (EST) onward, until the doly parade.

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

The cake is a lie.

Perfect Lead-in for what is coming tonight…
:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgxHAo1zmIw&feature

NAGA|TC

in WvW

Posted by: muCephei.9428

muCephei.9428

To those who are wondering, yes, SoS are fantastic. Back when we fought them before they shot up the ranking, they had great sportsmanship and were all around great to play against.

This does normally happen, however it might not tonight. TC wants to get back into T2 and with the point difference between TC and SoS being about 3 points right now, we may instead choose to push and increase the point gap so we get there for sure. I don’t help organize it so I can’t speak for certain, but it seems like a possibility.

On a different note, great matchup everyone
Dragonbrand: Your overnight numbers are crazy, as is evident by the EB this morning, you pushed us and pushed hard
Mag: Kudos to you guys. You guys made some hard last stands that took us quite a while to break through, well done!

~ Zephrina – Mes | Lorweyn – Ele | Miyael – Rev ~
~ [BEER] Tarnished Coast ~

(edited by muCephei.9428)

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I’ve definitely seen them do it on Maguuma borderlands (or at least heard Xushin’s sexy voice talking about it). It’s pretty absurd to claim that people don’t know about it at this tier.

It’s not absurd, we don’t know the simplest tactics like stacking might. We’ve just never done that in our entire LIVES. We should spend more time in the game, you know, because it’s not possible that the reason you are on the forums is because you can’t currently play the game.

I want to spend my time stacking might.

While you’re at it, destory the oil before you build a Golem. It would make your sarcasm funnier for the reason you mean it to be, and not tragically comical.

DB have been a blast to play, and still get a lot of /bows and /waves from those of us stood on the vista of the north camp but Mag have been a sever of trash talking, group inviting excuse makers that seem to have a much higher views of themselves than their actual understanding of WvW would suggest.

No idea where the servers problem has come from, I had nothing but respect for both servers when we entered T3.

Nope, we’re never destroyed oil, we havent even built golems before. You’ve got us ALL figured out. Maguuma does not understand WvW at all, please lend us more information, sensei. I don’t really care what respect you have or didn’t have for Maguuma, no one does. If you’re going to respect a server because they /bow and /wave to you, that’s laughably silly. I wave at TC players all the time, I party with them and we chat the hours away. Despite all the mud you’re trying to sling there are people that enjoy Maguuma and it’s quirks. Some people that will add to trash talk, who cares?! Its a video game. If you’re going to be so upset at people to the point that you’re saying “I don’t have respect for (the people on it as a whole)” then you need to take a break.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

Usually in the usual spot in TCBL, after the conclusion of the regular Dolyak Parade, which should be a few hours from now.

That said, I want to remind folks of some commonly-overlooked things:

1. You can /point @, /bow @, /yes @ and otherwise target emotes with "@" to make it less ambiguous as to who you’re challenging to a duel. Looking at your target or jumping around/in them will also help in case they were tabbed out, as ‘Tarnished Coast Defender’ could mean any number of people nearby.

2. If you don’t want to duel, just /no @ and leave it at that.

3. If you’re waiting around to be challenged, consider temporarily equipping a Signet to help identify your class to any enemy that clicks on you. If you’re an Engineer, a kit works just as well.

4. Give duels a respectful berth. It’s easy to cheat and interfere with a match without intending to.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

You don’t need to tell Mag/DB how to fight club~

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Unless it’s single file fight club, lolol

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Teach me how to fight club, teach me teach me how to fight club.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I’ll teach you how to bake cookies .. cookies are infinitely > fight club.

:)

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

I don’t know why we maguumans are getting the reputation for being bad mannered- every server has their bad apples and you shouldn’t judge a server based on those people.
Most maguumans I see on the field are there to have fun and do their best(and you should give them props for fighting even in a huge blowout.)

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

You don’t need to tell Mag/DB how to fight club~

I could also be doing it for those that are new, haven’t been to one, or have had no idea either way.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

We’re all jerks. Let’s face it.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Nickthemoonwolf.1485

Nickthemoonwolf.1485

I don’t know why we maguumans are getting the reputation for being bad mannered- every server has their bad apples and you shouldn’t judge a server based on those people.
Most maguumans I see on the field are there to have fun and do their best(and you should give them props for fighting even in a huge blowout.)

I’ve seen a lot of people pointing fingers to our bad apples lately, actually.

Lunar Fighter
Tarnished Coast, Hammer guy of [NOPE]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Eating cookies might be better than fight club, I dunno about the baking part. It might be for the better that we’re heading to different tiers.

I’ve seen a lot of people pointing fingers to our bad apples lately, actually.

Fingers are pointing everywhere, really.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Well considering the fact that I’m allergic to something that’s found in most cookies, no, they are not better than fight club. So poo poo.