4/12 Dragonbrand - Maguuma - Yak's Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

FA hasn’t received any transfers. It actually lost a guild that had transferred from IoJ months ago and a guild that had transferred from SoS a couple of weeks ago last week to TC. Apparently our wizard hats were not pointy enough :*(

Edit to add – and as of the last reset TC brought in a few, very large of SEA/Oceanic guilds from CD. Luckily for the rest of us, it completely unbalanced the tier.

So… That guild from SoS that has just left TC… that wouldn’t by any chance be a certain traitorous guild that started on DB and then switched to SoS one night when SoS were whipping DB, and then switched again a couple of weeks ago when things were going bad for SoS, would it?

I’m not sure about their history. The guild from SoS that left FA for TC was ZN (Zero Negative). I don’t know the real the reason they left FA because they never provided one.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Going to post most score updates during NA.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

Dear BP guild leader:
Our guild is not on sale and we are not interested on visit DB forums to check your superawesome monthy raffles with those beautiful precursors, rare dyes, etc so PLEASE stop trying to be nice because we aren’t interested on a new server.

Sincerely.

RP.

you don’t want him to be nice? lol that’s a little backwards. it’s kinda funny how you had to bring this to the forum instead of respectfully declining.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

….. so Db, if you think you’re ready for T2, this is your time….

I guess we’ll find out here soon. There’s such an obvious and huge coverage/population gap between us (DB) and TC/FA that I just can’t see us staying in T2 for longer than a week. Most likely DB and Kaineng will be flip-flopping T2/T3 for awhile

This is probably going to be the case. I don’t think DB has improved enough over the past month to get beyond 3rd place in T2, but I may be wrong.

No, we haven’t – a third place looks most likely whenever we move to T2. We’ll just try to not get completely dominated like previous times. I’ll just be happy to be in another tier, since Mags are my least favorite opponents.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

If he didn’t bring it to the forum how could we publicly shame a server, who regularly leads their tier, from poaching guilds from within said tier. Stay Classy, BP.

in WvW

The Goat.1940

If he didn’t bring it to the forum how could we publicly shame a server, who regularly leads their tier, from poaching guilds from within said tier. Stay Classy, BP.

I don’t get it, why the harsh tone? it’s not like servers don’t try to recruit.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Lol. I’m pretty sure both Yaks and Maguma have openly asked our sea guilds to join them. So DB is shameful because we do the same to NA guilds? I am confused…. Every server we fight tries to recruit our Sea guilds but when DB attempts to do what everyone is doing to us we’re the bad guys.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

someone send me a PM from maguma, about moving my guild to your server for gold? lets talk, send me gold, and i’ll get my guild moving over. We have 70 members total, but a dedicated core 30.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Lol. I’m pretty sure both Yaks and Maguma have openly asked our sea guilds to join them. So DB is shameful because we do the same to NA guilds? I am confused…. Every server we fight tries to recruit our Sea guilds but when DB attempts to do what everyone is doing to us we’re the bad guys. Lol FA and TC tried to even get our NA guilds.

Eh, it’s more that BP has a history. Not that anyone should care about that anymore either. I guess you must think highly of BP to equate them with DB though

someone send me a PM from maguma, about moving my guild to your server for gold? lets talk, send me gold, and i’ll get my guild moving over. We have 70 members total, but a dedicated core 30.

You can have half of the 40000 gold DB is paying my guild to not transfer there.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Eh, it’s more that BP has a history. Not that anyone should care about that anymore either. I guess you must think highly of BP to equate them with DB though

We all think highly of each other. I feel sorry for you guys, if you don’t have the sort of camaraderie on your server.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We all think highly of each other. I feel sorry for you guys, if you don’t have the sort of camaraderie on your server.

Considering the relative stability of our server in WvW, I’d say our camaraderie is doing just fine, but thanks for your concern! Have a hug!

in WvW

The Goat.1940

for the record I have much respect for BP!!!

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Considering the relative stability of our server in WvW, I’d say our camaraderie is doing just fine, but thanks for your concern! Have a hug!

Hug back. And yep, your camaraderie showed through those deleted comments (from ex-Mag and current Mag players) on Maguuma recruitment thread

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Pinko.2076

More score updates during NA hours.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

Hug back. And yep, your camaraderie showed through those deleted comments (from ex-Mag and current Mag players) on Maguuma recruitment thread

Ok then? My guild transferred from YB to Mag well over 3 months ago, and we’ve never looked back. The one thing that can be said about Mag, if nothing else, is that we have a great community.

Our volatility could probably be attributed most strongly to the bipolar nature of our pugs and randoms. We drop down and all of a sudden the randoms want to karma train through EB and the BLs. Then we go back up to Tier 3 and they disappear because none of them put in the effort to learn WvW strategy and gameplay.

Pretty sure the entire purpose of that thread was to convince people to not transfer to Maguuma so they wouldn’t ruin the community and force Mag up to a tier it didn’t belong in. So, I guess it’s negative if you’re not adept at sarcasm. Maybe you’re not? I don’t know.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Calvin.5380

Ok then? My guild transferred from YB to Mag well over 3 months ago, and we’ve never looked back. The one thing that can be said about Mag, if nothing else, is that we have a great community.

Our volatility could probably be attributed most strongly to the bipolar nature of our pugs and randoms. We drop down and all of a sudden the randoms want to karma train through EB and the BLs. Then we go back up to Tier 3 and they disappear because none of them put in the effort to learn WvW strategy and gameplay.

Pretty sure the entire purpose of that thread was to convince people to not transfer to Maguuma so they wouldn’t ruin the community and force Mag up to a tier it didn’t belong in. So, I guess it’s negative if you’re not adept at sarcasm. Maybe you’re not? I don’t know.

You didn’t see the posts, else you wouldn’t have written the last paragraph. There’s irony in there. I do agree with everything else you’ve said. Cheers!

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Kharne.4235

Kharne.4235

Yaks, in JP you guys had 10 people all from diff servers, and my guild iLL had 10 people, how did you get wiped 3 times? and manage to not kill any of us?

[iLL]usion Maguuma
Ahriman (Necro), Ahzeck (Ele), Solace (Thief), Goddifist (Ranger) Kharne (Warr) Tomb
Hope, Is The First Step To Disappointment

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

More score updates during NA hours.

When are you going to get it through your adorably bald Asuran head?

You cannot carry more supplies.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Yaks, in JP you guys had 10 people all from diff servers, and my guild iLL had 10 people, how did you get wiped 3 times? and manage to not kill any of us?

I’m guessing when you said servers, you meant guild?

For one, it could have been a group of pugs. Secondly, the JP is the known care bear area for the PvE players that are forced into WvW. With these in mind, the fact that a guild of players who know each other, PvP, and WvW were able to mop the floor with them is not that much of a head-scratcher.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

saiyr.3071

2. When Mags made a recruitment thread, I saw nothing but positive comments from DB and other servers. The only negative sentiment came from within mag itself. Compare that with the DB recruitment thread. You can guess who made the negative comments

Are you talking about our dwarf post? I didn’t see anything negative except a response to one guy saying we could only beat people 4:1. Maybe I missed out on other posts getting deleted?

Yep, you missed them then

And give us a bit more in-game challenge guys, we’re not ready for T2 yet!

We wiped your borderlands (twice?) last night and have the highest PPT from the last update, I think that’s about as challenging as we can get. If you’re suggesting we need to give your Oceanic presence a challenge, well…

You didn’t see the posts, else you wouldn’t have written the last paragraph. There’s irony in there. I do agree with everything else you’ve said. Cheers!

He’s talking about a different thread from several months ago, where Tsarazi posted a thread saying “don’t come to Maguuma”, but everyone thought it was some sort of weird reverse psychology when it wasn’t.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I don’t know what more challenge you want from mag, we flip your BL whenever we want during NA hours, and lead you massively in PPT during NA every day. Last night we took your BL, let you take it all back, then took it all again for some more karma/wxp.

I think DB are probably nice people, but some select few in this thread are really confusing and trying to shake up drama from nowhere.

in WvW

Calvin.5380

I see. Just curious, why did you guys make a “don’t come to Maguuma” thread? Was that a server-wide sentiment, or choice of a few?

And regarding challenge, just do what you did during your first week in the tier.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I see. Just curious, why did you guys make a “don’t come to Maguuma” thread?

It was a volatile period in GW2 where transfers were ending and everyone was panic transferring. In that period, you don’t want to get band wagoned on by people making a decision before they’ve thought it through. So, while every server from t6 had a recruitment thread, we had one telling them to go somewhere else.

Accepting mass amounts of panic and bandwagon transfers never ends well, and usually leads to a dead server or a lot of drama. We don’t mind people joining us, but rather they do it rationally.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Yeah, and we were already seeing some side effects from people transferring to our server at the time. Those weeks were pretty annoying, with newcomers demanding we capture certain points so they could get world completion, stealing golems to walk them over to their needed POIs, generally being obnoxious, and so on. There was also the sentiment at the time that Maguuma belonged in T4 and we did not want to move higher (a feeling that no longer exists). The feelings definitely weren’t absolutely global, but it wasn’t really just a small vocal minority.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Everyone seems to always look to recruit everyone else’s ‘x’ coverage gap (minus Mag’s pardon i forgot that thread, it was hilarious), or try to anyways. Mostly unsuccessful. But similar to DB, I find it odd how NA timezone is just as challenging to recruit for. I would have thought it’s a pool of people available. What is TC doing right that they can pull massive guilds over for, was there some history there, CD just evidently merged with there sister server?

Well, we may or may not be visiting Mag’s and Yak’s again … so I assume you guys still have your rolling dominant NA forces that will … storm our gar on reset? but lack the SEA coverage, and will hear about that all week long?

Or are there any fun things you like to do throughout the week? Competitions and such? We’ll fight the remainder of the week in T2 hard, but looks like we have strong chance to land in T3 very soon.

Will be a nice change … to see other name plates I guess.

~ X

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Pinko.2076

KN will have to dive pretty hard to land t3 this week. You’re 25 points away.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We like non-single-file fight clubs, does that count as fun?

in WvW

Calvin.5380

I think it’s all about critical mass. I’ve been on DB since beta, but even I’ve thought of moving to TC during free transfer times, because I have so many real-life friends there.

And, of course, TC folks are nice people.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

Dear BP guild leader:
Our guild is not on sale and we are not interested on visit DB forums to check your superawesome monthy raffles with those beautiful precursors, rare dyes, etc so PLEASE stop trying to be nice because we aren’t interested on a new server.

Sincerely.

RP.

you don’t want him to be nice? lol that’s a little backwards. it’s kinda funny how you had to bring this to the forum instead of respectfully declining.

Dear The Goat:
We know him pretty well, played together on Ehmry Bay. He’s the same guy that look for double team every matchup. We don’t like people like him.

Respectfully.

RP.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

(edited by idari.4273)

in WvW

Hexin.5603

That does… so I hear … “tell Littlefeather to stop copy pasting the rules” … more a bar style fight club. Poke an enemy, if he pokes or autopokes you back its a fight?

or still bow?

We may still dive, or NA guilds have been only the guys who absolutely hate pve. Basically the guys who > dragon timer> done daily money for alt lvling > wvw for daily laurel. And die off the night just messing around. RE still hits the turf on time, but only go hard for maybe 2 hours? then its come as you are. Guess we’ll see.

I’ll leave it to the powers that be to talk about. The rest of us just do what we want when we want, nothing really organized across all groups atm.

EDIT: TC are nice folk, we enjoy them, but we enjoy most opponents, trolling aside. And opponents enjoy us, I remember Mags as the guys who wouldn’t stop calling out our NA group. I doubt that’s changed and if/when we land here, I’m sure we’ll be welcomed much the same. But would like to add some fun into the week on top of the norm.

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

saiyr.3071

We bow, we just like to utilize the windmill space for more fights. It can definitely handle more than one. /point @ for initiating fights works fine, coupled with a few people in each server in a party to handle the rest.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

That does… so I hear … “tell Littlefeather to stop copy pasting the rules” … more a bar style fight club. Poke an enemy, if he pokes or autopokes you back its a fight?

or still bow?

point, wave, or spam jump
they point, wave or spam jump back if they will, /no @ if they don’t want to
if both parties are game, they run to one of the usual spots

there’s 5-6 spots that you can do 1v1’s at, so single file really just makes people wait for no reason.

if you’re just at fight club as an observer, usually you /sit so people don’t ask you. if you want specific matchups just party someone and they’ll ask in /s.

in WvW

Hexin.5603

or still bow?

there’s 5-6 spots that you can do 1v1’s at, so single file really just makes people wait for no reason.

if you’re just at fight club as an observer, usually you /sit so people don’t ask you. if you want specific matchups just party someone and they’ll ask in /s.

makes sense… yeah the waiting was a problem. All servers had with it. 1v1 … sitting for 20 minutes till your next turn. Can get it all out on the fray in an hour (fits those with irl jobs/family and such or lack of playtime better). Noted. When comes time for FC … we’d back this, and I’ll let little know, thanks pinko (and saiyr, missed your note).

in WvW

Posted by: idari.4273

idari.4273

Dear BP guild leader:

Sincerely.

RP.

Dear The Goat:
We know him pretty well, played together on Ehmry Bay. He’s the same guy that look for double team every matchup. We don’t like people like him.

Respectfully.

RP.

We dont want you or RP. We dont like you. Original post in response to this was infracted. I can message it to you if you would like.

Dear guy from BP:
If you read again, you can see my post was made to “BP guild leader”, not to you or your guild. I don’t care if you like us or not, that’s irrelevant. Don’t be mad

GL and happy zerging.

[Ark] Idari Kun
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: AlfieStowers.4219

AlfieStowers.4219

or still bow?

makes sense… yeah the waiting was a problem. All servers had with it. 1v1 … sitting for 20 minutes till your next turn. Can get it all out on the fray in an hour (fits those with irl jobs/family and such or lack of playtime better). Noted. When comes time for FC … we’d back this, and I’ll let little know, thanks pinko (and saiyr, missed your note).

Lets Start a Fight Club now.
DB BL
Mill

Ze Illusionist – (OG)

in WvW

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Don’t let Loki find out, If he does, he is bringing a zerg to wipe you

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Gellor.6497

Been 2 hours since the last update on NA scores so here ya go,

Attachments:

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Hexin.5603

^^ always a solution for that.

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Dear BP,

I think it would be a good idea to not lose your whole bl trying to take a single keep.

Sincerely StealthSnake

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Yaks please don’t treb garrison just walk in ty. Want to speed up this farm.

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Been 2 hours since the last update on NA scores so here ya go,

DB NA has serious issues with letting keeps drops with no fights at all. Right after this score, BP started a raid on Mag BL and yaks took your map in minutes. We’ve experienced the same thing with taking everything with 20 people and seeing no DB resistance.

in WvW

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

Last night I went to sleep our garrison was 500/500, and it was like 2pm est. I thought people specifically asked not to upgrade it. So I guess, great job? :O

in WvW

Gellor.6497

I do not control all of DB or BP, and they can do whatever they want. Heck, they may be trying to work on new things for taking fortified keeps. I have no idea, since I’m not in BP.

I’m taking a guess at the second part, but since it’s easier to gain rank by zerging for towers/keeps/camps, I feel personally that we have less people defending but yes we need people defending.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

KN will have to dive pretty hard to land t3 this week. You’re 25 points away.

that can be arranged…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Gellor.6497

I was going to post another score update but my game crashed, anyone else having issues?

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

Speaking of defending keeps. I’ve been very proud of Mag’s night crew lately in our tenacious defense even against overwhelming odds.

Map Commander: “Oh noes! They’ve broken through the inner walls at WK. We have no mans there, and we’ll never make it in time, it’s lost!”

Too Crew: “LEEEEROY JEEEENKINS!!!”

3 minutes later…

Too Crew: “K, we wiped them. Ya’ll can come fix the walls now.”

Map Commander: “Well, kitten…”

in WvW

Gellor.6497

Finally, game lets me in!

Score update! Where did all you YB come from?

Attachments:

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

^^ always a solution for that.

Oh snapp.

kitten is going down.
It’s on

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

I do not control all of DB or BP, and they can do whatever they want. Heck, they may be trying to work on new things for taking fortified keeps. I have no idea, since I’m not in BP.

I’m taking a guess at the second part, but since it’s easier to gain rank by zerging for towers/keeps/camps, I feel personally that we have less people defending but yes we need people defending.

its only faster if you have zero to very little resistance.

best way to gain ranks is defending and killing zergs

in WvW

Posted by: rice.5376

rice.5376

Speaking of defending keeps. I’ve been very proud of Mag’s night crew lately in our tenacious defense even against overwhelming odds.

Map Commander: “Oh noes! They’ve broken through the inner walls at WK. We have no mans there, and we’ll never make it in time, it’s lost!”

Too Crew: “LEEEEROY JEEEENKINS!!!”

3 minutes later…

Too Crew: “K, we wiped them. Ya’ll can come fix the walls now.”

Map Commander: “Well, kitten…”

Huge is insane.

Bacon, Bacon, BACON!
Bubônix: Engy
Server: Maguuma Guild: [PYRO]