4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

It’s on point. He questioned your own actions and how you guys felt when took all those guilds from IOJ. Sure it ws on its way down, but you guys didn’t exactly help now huh?

IoJ was T1 server dominating for ages… Then along came the bandwagoners, and ruined our near instant queue times. What happened then? A majority of the great WvW guilds we had left, cause they were sick of the bandwagoners…. IoJ was already great, and suffered long before their second decline…. Please, know what you’re talking about before you run your mouth

And how is IoJ’s decline any different to CD’s? CD was a stellar server and has suffered from many guild exodus’s (three times so far If I am right). If you want to make the argument that they (CD) had settled in a tier they were comfortable in then so would have IoJ if FA just allowed to let them be and let IoJ drop a tier or two down and eventually they would have found a tier like T4 where they would have been competitive in as well.

There is no difference between FA’s acquisition of IoJ guilds and TC’s acquisition of CD guilds. If you remove the bias you will see that both instances are practically the same and arguing otherwise just means you are digging yourself a hole without having all the facts.

No…they aren’t the same.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

You mean to tell me all 16 guilds that moved from IoJ to FA came to the decision on their own and just gathered their belongings and left IoJ. None of them had any conversations with representatives from BT / RET / HOPE etc? Or that the first IoJ guild to move over from IoJ to FA did not act as a proxy FA representative to convince the others to come on board as well?

Well….they decided to transfer without any coercing from us. Then they probably talked to some FA and I’m guessing we said sure and then….they came.

I think this is getting dragged on a little bit.

If you dug in a little bit and researched the scenario you will realize that my scenario is a lot more likely than yours (fantasy scenario). Guilds do not make a decision to jump servers without giving it lot of thought, in order to get their information they have to talk to the destination servers representatives. Those representatives try their best to convince guilds to choose said server. That ‘convincing’ is known as active recruitment. It does not matter if FA approached IoJ first or if IoJ approached FA first at the end of the day active recruiting does take place.

For the record: In this last instance CD guilds inquired about TC as well. I had talked to them months ago (before paid transfers ended ) but they recently tackled the idea of transferring and contacted us. So yes, its the same situation.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

(edited by Lanimal.6541)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Zerging isn’t our thing. So, no.

Yep just one of the super effective 15 man tactical squads right there

Sorry couldnt help myself :P

In all seriousness, FA has zergs, KN has zergs, TC has wtfbbqmegaZERGS.

We all zerg, so?

The most epic night of wvw i had i a long time was a couple of nights back in KNBL where TC had 40 in bay, with KN and FA outside, and we were outmanned.

Yes, outmanned with a 40 man zerg, suffice to say, the lag was epic.

But good lord was it a sight to behold, and thanks to both servers that made it happen, my only regret was not screenshotting that.

Let’s just have fun in this GAME, and get over the need for self affirmation ok?

Yeah, totally throwing out a “super effective 15-man squad” joke doesn’t make you funny or justifies anything you are about to say when you have no idea how we roll in WvW.

I also never mentioned FA has no zergs, so you don’t have to reinforce a point that was never contested. You yourself mentioned TC has “wtfbbqmegaZERGS”, so it does help explain my point that there is a higher chance of bumping into an allied zerg in TC. Which we are not fond of.

Nobody needed any self-affirmation. I made one statement that explained why we wouldn’t transfer to you guys. Quit with getting defensive.

Who made this the recruitment thread?

And thanking opponents for memorable nights is now being defensive?

I dont know about you, but i genuinely appreciate that people from all servers turn up to fight, cos if they dont, it’s no fun.

Perhaps some think it beneath them, but watching huge 80+ man groups charge into each other is one of the highlights of wvw for me personally.

No interest in recruiting you btw, dont think ive ever asked either

Hope you have fun in this matchup cos i know i will

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

You mean to tell me all 16 guilds that moved from IoJ to FA came to the decision on their own and just gathered their belongings and left IoJ. None of them had any conversations with representatives from BT / RET / HOPE etc? Or that the first IoJ guild to move over from IoJ to FA did not act as a proxy FA representative to convince the others to come on board as well?

Well….they decided to transfer without any coercing from us. Then they probably talked to some FA and I’m guessing we said sure and then….they came.

I think this is getting dragged on a little bit.

I don’t know, this whole transfer issue keeps getting brought up every 10th post. I think people just want to settle this, so that it won’t come up on the next thread.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

We all zerg, so?

The most epic night of wvw i had i a long time was a couple of nights back in KNBL where TC had 40 in bay, with KN and FA outside, and we were outmanned.

But good lord was it a sight to behold, and thanks to both servers that made it happen, my only regret was not screenshotting that.

Let’s just have fun in this GAME, and get over the need for self affirmation ok?

Yeah, totally throwing out a “super effective 15-man squad” joke doesn’t make you funny or justifies anything you are about to say when you have no idea how we roll in WvW.

I also never mentioned FA has no zergs, so you don’t have to reinforce a point that was never contested. You yourself mentioned TC has “wtfbbqmegaZERGS”, so it does help explain my point that there is a higher chance of bumping into an allied zerg in TC. Which we are not fond of.

Nobody needed any self-affirmation. I made one statement that explained why we wouldn’t transfer to you guys. Quit with getting defensive.

I dont know about you, but i genuinely appreciate that people from all servers turn up to fight, cos if they dont, it’s no fun.

Perhaps some think it beneath them, but watching huge 80+ man groups charge into each other is one of the highlights of wvw for me personally.

No one. You started asking us, Corp, to go over. I gave one reason to explain why we wouldn’t. You decided to give me a couple of passages back, justifying whatever you had in your mind when I didn’t ask for it. That isn’t defensive? I don’t know what is, then.

No one said anything about people not turning up to fight. Your point is moot and is answering to nothing in question. Moving on.

Also, it can be your highlight all you want watching 80-man zergs charge into each other. At no point in my posts did I say zerging was WRONG. So once again, moot. I don’t know what you are trying to prove here.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

We all zerg, so?

No one. You started asking us, Corp, to go over. I gave one reason to explain why we wouldn’t. You decided to give me a couple of passages back, justifying whatever you had in your mind when I didn’t ask for it. That isn’t defensive? I don’t know what is, then.

No one said anything about people not turning up to fight. Your point is moot and is answering to nothing in question. Moving on.

Also, it can be your highlight all you want watching 80-man zergs charge into each other. At no point in my posts did I say zerging was WRONG. So once again, moot. I don’t know what you are trying to prove here.

I think you are confusing me with someone else mate.

Score update anyone?

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

Yes I have a score update right here. Topic score update update update topic.

I even threw in a map update.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

We all zerg, so?

Score update anyone?

TC is a whole, isn’t it? You will have to ask Niko.8901, then.

Then again, like I said, at no point in time did I claim that what TC is doing is wrong. So you honestly had no need to prove yourself or -coughs-, make self-affirming posts.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

Yes I have a score update right here. Topic score update update update topic.

Thank you good sir

May your lootbags be full, or inventory full or lootbags or somesuch.

Meega Kweesta

(edited by Moderator)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

We all zerg, so?

Score update anyone?

Then again, like I said, at no point in time did I claim that what TC is doing is wrong. So you honestly had no need to prove yourself or -coughs-, make self-affirming posts.

Sorry i cant speak for the hivemind, my borg implants do not have the required authorization.

Niko.8901 and i are not currently networked, unable to verify bzzzzt!

Self affirmation complete, purpose complete.

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

I actually play on the EU Server.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

We all zerg, so?

Score update anyone?

Sorry i cant speak for the hivemind, my borg implants do not have the required authorization.

Locutus of Borg commands you to agree to…disagree.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

We all zerg, so?

Score update anyone?

Locutus of Borg commands you to agree to…disagree.

1 =/= 0

Does not compute.

Commencing self destruct sequence now…. 3. 2. 1.

Does that fulfil my ERP quota for the week?

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Hey look! TC is trying to throw FA in the kitten pit with them. lol

Really I was just trying to point out that not all of TC is nice, friendly, etc that they claim to be. They do recruit from servers in their tier actively and will strip a server of their guilds if given the chance. While FA did it as well they didn’t try to hold on to any false image of being the nice guys. FA also didn’t seem to use any underhanded methods in doing so unlike TC…

FA – approached DB guilds in a straight forward manner asking for transfers while not in our tier.

TC- tried to manipulate DB guilds into moving while in our tier.

Neither was appreciated.

It’s all a game anyways.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Hey look! TC is trying to throw FA in the kitten pit with them. lol

Oh hey! Hello! We’ve started to miss you!

Just when people start to move on from arguing… here it comes… again!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

Sigh

I transferred off T1 to TC for some good, fun fights and because i loved how fun and friendly your weekly thread was and the hilarious antics you guys do in WvW.

Now, look at this thread.

Look at this thread. Look at this thread now. Are you proud of yourselves?!

BG LA Best LA !!!

(edited by Moderator)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

Here is something of a mind****.

If IoJ guilds never transferred to FA and stack T3 to crush CD. CD would not have lost guilds before paid transfer to JQ/BG and TC. Few months down the line CD would not be in the position they were in (lopsided coverage) and not moved to TC now.

So thanks FA for getting the IoJ guilds.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Really I was just trying to point out that not all of TC is nice, friendly, etc that they claim to be. They do recruit from servers in their tier actively and will strip a server of their guilds if given the chance.

How is recruiting actively, any pointer of a guild or server being nice or not? DB has its own WTB coverage threads, FA has its own, BG has its own, KN has its own..

Every single server and their grandma has their own WTB coverage threads, so don’t BS here. The thread from which you only selectively bothered to post the initial post has all the facts and how TC feels about it. The guilds in question were approached, and facts about TC were put on the table. Its upto them to make the decision. I don’t see how is it stripping a server? I don’t see how an entire server of TC respecting guilds from DB that stayed and looking forward to have them back in T2 to face them if they make it to T2, is “stripping a server”?

Did you bother to read the rest of the thread? Pls feel free to register and do so. Registration is free! Offer might end anytime in the next 15 years.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

So a few guilds that had enough of ramming doors without any obstruction are unable to transfer server freely without criticism/oblique view just so they can have a good match up? Seriously guys, ramming the doors for 3 months is not. Fun. At. All.

Stop whining, we are humans too, we want to have fun and fight with a real players, not guards and doors.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Shrouded.6450

Sigh

I transferred off T1 to TC for some good, fun fights and because i loved how fun and friendly your weekly thread was and the hilarious antics you guys do in WvW.

Now, look at this thread.

Look at this. Look at this thread now. Are you proud of yourselves?

It’s end of the week, and this issue keeps coming up, might as well get it all out of the system.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Horses mouth here it comes.

When the first lot jumped ship I called an Oceanic meeting with whoever was online at the time. We were discussing where to go, the only person that suggested FA was me. Noone else, there were other choices, but I stood by my decision to go to FA, because AVTR had awesome fights with PRO (That night I created a guild called [PRO] Please invite me to party, and ran onto the FA BL to hopefully not get killed and talk to Pro. Lucky for me iBludgeon saw me was like “wtf?” then invited me to party. I asked them over to our TS server where the meeting was, to ask them what FA was like.
After talking for about an hour we thanked pro and wished them well (we were going to wait for the next day to talk to the remaining US guilds to see what they were thinking (they had sent me a mail earlier that day with their choices (none of which were FA, there was BG, SoS and Kn)

Just after PRO left he channel we get a message from ND advising us they are leaving right now. Realizing that it was the end, I told the rest of the guilds, “Its been a pleasure, but I’m taking AVTR to FA, its where I feel AVTR will settle in the best”

We left that night. most of the other guilds in channel had a chat and decided to follow.

The next day I get a message from some of the NA guilds, asking if we (AVTR) had already left, I told them we had and told them my reasoning to go to FA.
I managed to convince a few NA guilds to also come over.

Please note the following:

At no time was I approached by FA to join them.
All the reasoning given to the IoJ guilds to go to FA came from what I believed in, in regards to FA.
That reasoning was – Similar mindsets, the only server that had complimented AVTR on combat, the only server that we fought against that had the defend home BL first.

You can get this backed up by posts on IoJ as well as FA forums.

So please, please lets stop with this IoJ blah blah blah, FA recruit blah blah blah. And go back to the current matchup.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Here’s what I find funny…I see countless FA saying how TC is acting immature…etc…etc…etc…yet when I scroll up and down throughout the last like 3 pages, its like 90% FA talking and tooting on how they dominate TC zergs and we’re nothing but loot bags. Why the heck can’t we all just have fun? If TC gets to many transfers and gets pushed up to T1, then FINE, that’s it is, if KN/FA somehow get pushed down to T3, then FINE! Why don’t we all just enjoy the game instead of playing a “who’s bigger” contest? Cause…here’s the kicker…in those contests…NOBODY WINS. Please, lets just have fun, and kill each other. If you wanna complain about how TC is recruiting some guilds and getting pple, THEN DO IT YOURSELF, don’t just sit on the forum for hour after hour flaming and QQing about how unfair it is then tooting your own servers horn. Let the score speak for itself. As many in sports say…the players can brag all the want, but in the end..its the scoreboard that speaks the rest.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

MUST RESIST.

FAIL>>>>

Your prerogative, everyone respects that.

So what’s the issue again?

Stacking is not stacking when the stackees joined the stackers, making them the stackers and the stackers are no longer the stackers but the stackees?

Stackeption!

Nope no stacking involved.

Recommencing chasing own tail in 3. 2. 1…..

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Really I was just trying to point out that not all of TC is nice, friendly, etc that they claim to be. They do recruit from servers in their tier actively and will strip a server of their guilds if given the chance.

How is recruiting actively, any pointer of a guild or server being nice or not? DB has its own WTB coverage threads, FA has its own, BG has its own, KN has its own..

Every single server and their grandma has their own WTB coverage threads, so don’t BS here. The thread from which you only selectively bothered to post the initial post has all the facts and how TC feels about it. The guilds in question were approached, and facts about TC were put on the table. Its upto them to make the decision. I don’t see how is it stripping a server? I don’t see how an entire server of TC respecting guilds from DB that stayed and looking forward to have them back in T2 to face them if they make it to T2, is “stripping a server”?

Did you bother to read the rest of the thread? Pls feel free to register and do so. Registration is free! Offer might end anytime in the next 15 years.

I’ve read this thread.

Tried and failed to strip Dragonbrand while in our tier but that’s okay because you “respect” those guilds still. Meh, I don’t blame you guys for trying though. Our Sea presence is something you don’t see until you hit T1.

As for Dragonbrand coming into T2 and the reasons why TC wants us here.. hmm.. I wonder.

I’m rather sorry I invaded your thread and caused some dramas. ;D

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

(edited by lani.7431)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

It’s bad enough that everyone in the room flings poop, that we need the neighbors to toss the garbage over the fence too.

Did the bad man stop when you said no?

Or did he spam you in his match up threads about what a big bad man he was?

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Turkey.3605

Turkey.3605

I’ll chime in on the transfer issue by quoting myself from Jan 11, right after the IoJ transfers hit FA and just before FA started crushing Tier 3:

I’m definitely curious to see how the new population balance plays out after tomorrow’s reset. Hopefully the numbers will even out and we’ll see some really competitive matches. I’m actually happy to see that some of my favorite opponents from IoJ have joined FA.

To my fellow CDers, however it does shake out, please please PLEASE don’t come on the forums and in any way qq about the transfers. The transfers were completely legitimate, and we had the same opportunity to recruit as FA did. They did a great job getting that influx of some very good guilds and should be commended for it if anything.

Transfers are not something any server will ever turn down (except Maguuma lol), and every server has posts recruiting for them. There’s nothing quite as pathetic in my opinion as reading forum qq about how x server only wins because of numbers and has no skill etc.

And if I were in a guild looking to transfer, I would hesitate before ever joining a server with a reputation for whining like that. Think about that before you come here to post with a sore loser attitude.

Meantime, I look forward to another week of purging AVTR’s confusion stacks.

Ludrig – Necromancer
[KH]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Kharne.4235

Kharne.4235

FA/TC you 2 argue like an old married couple, why not settle it like real men get the biggest, most brainless zerg you can muster, then have at it! =D

[iLL]usion Maguuma
Ahriman (Necro), Ahzeck (Ele), Solace (Thief), Goddifist (Ranger) Kharne (Warr) Tomb
Hope, Is The First Step To Disappointment

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Andy.9137

Horses mouth here it comes.

When the first lot jumped ship I called an Oceanic meeting with whoever was online at the time. We were discussing where to go, the only person that suggested FA was me. Noone else, there were other choices, but I stood by my decision to go to FA, because AVTR had awesome fights with PRO (That night I created a guild called [PRO] Please invite me to party, and ran onto the FA BL to hopefully not get killed and talk to Pro. Lucky for me iBludgeon saw me was like “wtf?” then invited me to party. I asked them over to our TS server where the meeting was, to ask them what FA was like.
After talking for about an hour we thanked pro and wished them well (we were going to wait for the next day to talk to the remaining US guilds to see what they were thinking (they had sent me a mail earlier that day with their choices (none of which were FA, there was BG, SoS and Kn)

Just after PRO left he channel we get a message from ND advising us they are leaving right now. Realizing that it was the end, I told the rest of the guilds, “Its been a pleasure, but I’m taking AVTR to FA, its where I feel AVTR will settle in the best”

We left that night. most of the other guilds in channel had a chat and decided to follow.

The next day I get a message from some of the NA guilds, asking if we (AVTR) had already left, I told them we had and told them my reasoning to go to FA.
I managed to convince a few NA guilds to also come over.

Please note the following:

At no time was I approached by FA to join them.
All the reasoning given to the IoJ guilds to go to FA came from what I believed in, in regards to FA.
That reasoning was – Similar mindsets, the only server that had complimented AVTR on combat, the only server that we fought against that had the defend home BL first.

You can get this backed up by posts on IoJ as well as FA forums.

So please, please lets stop with this IoJ blah blah blah, FA recruit blah blah blah. And go back to the current matchup.

This pretty much answers the whole dispute about FA receiving guilds from IoJ. /end

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: fenim.2395

fenim.2395

All I see are bad guilds who jump to a server to win. Not FA or TC’s fault.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

TC paid for those guilds to jump to their server.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Rawr.5930

WTB forum coverage.

Will pay for smear campaign.

Payment will be in cookies and nekkid score updates.

Meega Kweesta

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

fenim.2395

Why does this make you angry? Some TC smuck probably paid real money for someone else in a game. I wonder how much it costs to transfer entire guilds to a high population server. Must be a pretty penny…

I’m going to calculate this.

Also i would like to see proof of this accusation.

(edited by fenim.2395)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Gamblit.5041

Gamblit.5041

Why does this make you angry? Some TC smuck probably paid real money for someone else in a game. I wonder how much it costs to transfer entire guilds to a high population server. Must be a pretty penny…

I’m going to calculate this.

Also i would like to see proof of this accusation.

Well, they are Lannisters

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ultra Hades.4691

Ultra Hades.4691

What I want to know is why a server would NOT want to try and make themselves more competitive by strengthening their weaknesses. Don’t blame those who get better for getting better, blame yourself for not only falling behind, but also for encouraging your peers to fall behind.

[WL] Kin Bear

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

fenim.2395

Money Route
1800 Gem transfer rate per person. $50.00 for 4000 Gems. Say we have a decent sized guild of 20. 20*1800 = 36000 gems /4000 = 9
9*50=

$450.00 to transfer 20 people to TC.
20 people would make a mild difference to TC’s current population in WvW.

or

In-game Farming Route
2g 77s 100 gems average price taken today.
36000/100 = 360*2.77

$997.20 Gold (Which can be achieved by selling 1 Legendary weapon)

Gold Farmer Route
I checked the price for 1000g at google top gw2gold farmer site and its $473.00 which is more than going through Arenanet.

A TC lannister always pays his debts.

(edited by fenim.2395)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

Here’s what I find funny…I see countless FA saying how TC is acting immature…etc…etc…etc…yet when I scroll up and down throughout the last like 3 pages, its like 90% FA talking and tooting on how they dominate TC zergs and we’re nothing but loot bags. Why the heck can’t we all just have fun? If TC gets to many transfers and gets pushed up to T1, then FINE, that’s it is, if KN/FA somehow get pushed down to T3, then FINE! Why don’t we all just enjoy the game instead of playing a “who’s bigger” contest? Cause…here’s the kicker…in those contests…NOBODY WINS. Please, lets just have fun, and kill each other. If you wanna complain about how TC is recruiting some guilds and getting pple, THEN DO IT YOURSELF, don’t just sit on the forum for hour after hour flaming and QQing about how unfair it is then tooting your own servers horn. Let the score speak for itself. As many in sports say…the players can brag all the want, but in the end..its the scoreboard that speaks the rest.

Except the scoreboard is only indicative of a servers population, and how many more players a server has while the other is sleeping. Along with how many people play for hours and hours and hours.

You are delusional if you think otherwise.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Ren.6351

Ren.6351

Hello, I’m back once again.

Seems pretty messy in here but I will try to clarify what I can, though not everyone may believe me.

I’m the leader of [Awe], a PvX guild which recently tried to switch into a more WvW inclined guild (still taking some time to get there). We moved from Crystal Desert last week, after about a good 2 weeks of thinking about it. When we chose to move, I wanted us to move as a guild, since we were PvX, there’s hardly any incentive for those who play WvW casually to move with us, but everyone can agree that our guild environment was fun to be in. Thus we wanted to move majority as a guild. However many did not have the gold to fund themselves, be it from WvWing constantly, or spending whatever they had for item progression (legendaries). Thus when i chose to leave CD, I went back to those people who asked us kindly to join their servers. Blackgate, Fort Aspenwood, Tarnished Coast, Maguuma, and I think SOR (this one im not too sure), all asked 2 months ago, when free transfers were going to end. At that time I declined all of them as we were sticking to CD. After declining all of them everyone respectfully stopped pming/mailing me.

I brought up these servers with the guild and after thinking about it among us, TC was the choice most wanted to go to as it had the best reputation on the forums, there were other reasons regarding why some of us didn’t want to move to other servers (please don’t take this as a jab at your server but its just how it was seen), Mag (forum warriors), FA was disliked by many old CD players for obvious reasons (banding up to crush CD etc, not that I cared too much for that, was more upset that CD broke apart so easily after one lost), and as for BG we were T1 had kitten queues so we didnt want to go there.

As a side note those listed servers were the ones that said yes, we would assist helping moving some of our players who lack the gold to move over (FA excluded as I declined the first mail straight and he didn’t pursue the matter).

We wanted to go to a server where we would have allies, and at least several enemies to fight. After making the choice, SOS dropped to T4 and WM suddenly took a break or something but since I already made the choice I decided to stick to it and just go.

We just want to try to get better in WvW, have more fun fighting and not be the only one around at our timezone. We don’t earn anything in terms of gold from moving as most of us are already broke just moving over, and not all of us still have enough to be able to move as of right now.

We moved to a server where we would get to fight guilds like WM, RISE, CO, RE, PRO, (GODS? are they still around???), AVTR etc, and have a group of people (NA side) to take over when we sleep.

Blackgate – Guardian – Leaxanna
Leader of Presence [Awe] – Awevival? :D

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

fenim.2395

There you have it folks. Someone from TC generously helped a guild to have a better experience in WvW and in the game, so that they could fight the enemies they look up to.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

We’re just a bunch of people that want to have some good fight. Sure we can have some in CD, but staying up 4am every single day won’t work it. How about few hours later you say? Most of us have this thing in life called work, where we can get money to support our hobbies, family etc.

TLDR;

Stop hating and please understand the situation. Playing at night after work just to knock some door does not pleases us.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

This thread turned out to be pretty quality stuff. Maguuma would be proud.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

This thread turned out to be pretty quality stuff. Maguuma would be proud.
Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The worst compliment.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Scionyde.2704

Scionyde.2704

Hello, I’m back once again.

Seems pretty messy in here but I will try to clarify what I can, though not everyone may believe me.

I’m the leader of [Awe], a PvX guild which recently tried to switch into a more WvW inclined guild (still taking some time to get there). We moved from Crystal Desert last week, after about a good 2 weeks of thinking about it. When we chose to move, I wanted us to move as a guild, since we were PvX, there’s hardly any incentive for those who play WvW casually to move with us, but everyone can agree that our guild environment was fun to be in. Thus we wanted to move majority as a guild. However many did not have the gold to fund themselves, be it from WvWing constantly, or spending whatever they had for item progression (legendaries). Thus when i chose to leave CD, I went back to those people who asked us kindly to join their servers. Blackgate, Fort Aspenwood, Tarnished Coast, Maguuma, and I think SOR (this one im not too sure), all asked 2 months ago, when free transfers were going to end. At that time I declined all of them as we were sticking to CD. After declining all of them everyone respectfully stopped pming/mailing me.

I brought up these servers with the guild and after thinking about it among us, TC was the choice most wanted to go to as it had the best reputation on the forums, there were other reasons regarding why some of us didn’t want to move to other servers (please don’t take this as a jab at your server but its just how it was seen), Mag (forum warriors), FA was disliked by many old CD players for obvious reasons (banding up to crush CD etc, not that I cared too much for that, was more upset that CD broke apart so easily after one lost), and as for BG we were T1 had kitten queues so we didnt want to go there.

As a side note those listed servers were the ones that said yes, we would assist helping moving some of our players who lack the gold to move over (FA excluded as I declined the first mail straight and he didn’t pursue the matter).

We wanted to go to a server where we would have allies, and at least several enemies to fight. After making the choice, SOS dropped to T4 and WM suddenly took a break or something but since I already made the choice I decided to stick to it and just go.

We just want to try to get better in WvW, have more fun fighting and not be the only one around at our timezone. We don’t earn anything in terms of gold from moving as most of us are already broke just moving over, and not all of us still have enough to be able to move as of right now.

We moved to a server where we would get to fight guilds like WM, RISE, CO, RE, PRO, (GODS? are they still around???), AVTR etc, and have a group of people (NA side) to take over when we sleep.

GODS is still around, but about 15-20 members left to form ACE, so when we rally, we maybe have 20ish players show up. As such, I’ve seen us do more smaller objective stuff like camps/towers/enemy zerg harassing, but once in a while depending on how many FA has on the map, we can get a moderate-sized zerg going. We still have fun, and some stuff we pull off in wvw has impressed a few people enough to join, so we’ll see where we go from here.

I’ll end my post here – no reason to add to this server transfer bickering nonsense…

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

wow…..those last pages of the forum are just awful, plain awful. Seriously, stop it!
Recruitment is part of the game and no matter how it’s done, in the end no one transfers against their will. Some chose to stay on their server, some transfer and some chose to transfer to another server than the one that approached them. The reasons behind their decision are theirs and no one has the right to judge them. End of discussion.

All that trolling and whining is counter productive and useless. It makes everyone look bad. As many stated before me, less QQ more pwew pwew. GW2 is a video GAME. Log on and give it your all. When it’s not fun anymore, then log off and come back later.

Please bring back the fun and light atmosphere of T2 in the forum….cookies, celebrity representent of the week, naked zerg, sexy score updates, songs/poems, etc. Everyone loved those and it contributed to a good relationship between servers

See you guys on the battle field

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

We would like to ask you to stick to topic and discuss the matchup and refrain from accusing servers of inappropriate actions.

Thanks for your understanding.

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Kingzook.1620

Kingzook.1620

wow…..those last pages of the forum are just awful, plain awful. Seriously, stop it!
Recruitment is part of the game and no matter how it’s done, in the end no one transfers against their will. Some chose to stay on their server, some transfer and some chose to transfer to another server than the one that approached them. The reasons behind their decision are theirs and no one has the right to judge them. End of discussion.

All that trolling and whining is counter productive and useless. It makes everyone look bad. As many stated before me, less QQ more pwew pwew. GW2 is a video GAME. Log on and give it your all. When it’s not fun anymore, then log off and come back later.

Please bring back the fun and light atmosphere of T2 in the forum….cookies, celebrity representent of the week, naked zerg, sexy score updates, songs/poems, etc. Everyone loved those and it contributed to a good relationship between servers

See you guys on the battle field

As much as i hate it also, what did you expect when you a server brings in people to fill their coverage gaps, in turn ruining the balance of the tier

People will get mad and they have the right to be

I understand why TC wanted to fill their gaps, but TC said they didn’t want to go to tier 1 so i don’t also.

To have a balance tier, you have to be losing some of the time…..

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: shortcake.8659

shortcake.8659

They just need to fill their coverage gaps okay. They were clearly the only server with coverage gaps. KN and FA obviously have no gigantic coverage gaps that also need attention. During EU time they probably only outnumber the combined other servers 2:1, so I believe that also counts as a coverage gap that they should begin to address by inviting the entirety of EU t3.

some terrible idiot in [pre]

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Just wanted to add a few tidbits to respond to things mentioned in the last 4 pages or so.

My personal view is that coverage wars is what makes PPT trivial and meaningless, and I think having your key competitive metric in WvW as trivial and meaningless is bad for long term health of the game. That said all servers and guilds have to do what is best for them and if you want to blame someone, be angry about it, then start yelling at ANET because they are the ones that created this silly system.

Theongreyjoy also, I noticed we were not in his list, tried to recruit AoN when we were on DB. When TC moved back to T3 and into the same tier as DB he stopped trying to recruit us until we were no longer in the same tier. While TC may not all adhere to such etiquette, not saying they do not, it is safe to say that he personally does.

Wafflesmcgee in the above recruitment post screenshot, assuming it is the same one I know of that uses that handle, belongs under a bridge and really is a community of one. Can’t hold TC responsible for what he does, he is missing a few marbles, imo.

I do not believe FA had any role in IoJ transferring to our server. I could be wrong, but I recall no posts about it. We were not actively recruiting them. IoJ just all left at once and they selected FA as a destination of choice because CD had kitten them off in some fashion. Not the same as if we had recruited them all away from IoJ, different situation, imo.

~ AoN ~

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Rollinpapers.7312

Rollinpapers.7312

Please stop this mindless crying about guild transfers etc.

Fine we got some CD people over. But we don’t talk 500 players, not even close, not even over 200. We’re still outmanned in EB during those hours with no presence in any BL except TCBL, during a normal day when people don’t put in some extra overtime or performance in WvW.
We don’t have a non-stop 400+ ppt in WvW. We still getting pushed off some maps from time to time.

TC has improved as a WvW server and we have simply learned how to outplay/counter our opponents. What’s the wrong in that? TC wins 3 weeks in a row and suddenly we have destroyed servers, have the same coverage as JQ etc. It’s all wrong. As all servers, when winning, more and more casual players shows up and starts getting interesed, it’s the nature of gaming. I think everyone in here have forgot that this is a GAME.

All these keyboard warriors should just stop the nonsense and stop being bad losers.
You win some, you lose some.

I’m impressed by Kaineng. You showed that you’re the adults on this forum.

TC – We’re winning. Doesn’t that speak for itself? Why even bother to feed the trolls or even visit the forum when it’s toxic like this? Let the dust settle and let it recover to its former maturity and sportsmanship.

FA – As all servers TC have trolls aswell, I recommend to not even bother to argue about all the stuff some people accuse or spit out. If all the FA people in here spent all the time you’re fighting trolls and keyboard warriors on the battlefield instead you’d be challenging us for the first place. I don’t judge FA on all the warriors in here, you’re a respectable and good opponent and let’s keep it that way.

So let’s focus on all the fun we’re having in WvW. All the great fights and awesome stuff which are going on out there as we speak.

Rollindat

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

TC has improved as a WvW server and we have simply learned how to outplay/counter our opponents. What’s the wrong in that?

The issue is these kinds of statements, imo. You cannot recruit a bunch of guilds and then post something like ‘we have simply learned how to outplay/counter our opponents’ and except people to not respond. It makes your entire post no different then the others in the last 4 pages and just throws more gas on the fire, which from the rest of your post was probably not the intent.

~ AoN ~

4/12 TC/FA/Kain Week 6

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Since actions speak louder than words, a score update!

Attachments:

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

(edited by Tallis.5607)