4/5 Dragonbrand - Yak's Bend - Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Is WvW more of a PvE activity for DB SEA players?

When mag hits 400-500 ppt in unbalanced matches, we actually lose players because it is very boring and usually pvd.

How do you keep interest in logging in every night to wipe the maps and then log off? Is it strictly for karma/xp? You guys have been at it for many, many months now.

You’ve got the point. Deep and penetrating. These players wont get bored of this form of pve farming.

haha haters gonna hate, we’re going to continue on despite your poor attitude. Keep up the pvforum lolz!

You misunderstood something. I am not even on one of the servers of your tier. I just know little more about the habit of my compatriots.

lol ur post should come with a disclaimer. Either way I strongly defend our SEA they are amazing players and an integral part of DB. Those who bare the mark of the Dragon; I salute you!

They really are an integral part of DB, without them you’d be in a much lower tier and grats on taking empty keeps at 6am eastern time.

ah the good ol PvF we have grown to love from mag. where are the flame rams in camps and the middle of no where? I fear mag is losing their kewl so sad.

Are you saying it isn’t true? Do you not appreciate them enough to acknowledge their importance to DB?

If my server lost a lot of players, we would be in a lower tier. That’s how it works.

not really sure who your question is intended for. I stated our SEA is amazing and integral. And I will not respond to pathetic hypothetical troll questions.

I think you responded to a pathetic hypothetical troll question. BTW I love going against trollguuma. The forums are so good. I cant tell you how boring those weeks with SOS were.

I also credit Maguuma for the extra defense DB is putting in. We knew you were stronger than T4.

If we don’t reset your waypoints at least once before the end of the week I WILL BE VERY SAD

Two out of three okay? vOv

Attachments:

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

nothing arrogant there, just stating it as it is with confidence. you had to look it up? lmao! I love this thread so many sore losers.

You’re kind of bad at this.

But I don’t really see it as being a sore loser, just “stating it as it is.” Maguuma won in T4 by zerging all over. DB wins in T3 due to their SEA presence. It’s just how it is. Such is life.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

nothing arrogant there, just stating it as it is with confidence. you had to look it up? lmao! I love this thread so many sore losers.

But I don’t really see it as being a sore loser, just “stating it as it is.” Maguuma won in T4 by zerging all over. DB wins in T3 due to their SEA presence. It’s just how it is. Such is life.

bad at what? responding to nonsense? cool, I’ll take that.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Please stop stating the obvious and being a sore loser. TIA.

The only reason you’re stating anything is because you’re losing. You have never brought up these points in previous match ups whether you defeated DB or lost.

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

DB is the all-American server. When it can’t be done domestically, OUTSOURCE! XD

Although replying to it late, you sir, have won the thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

I like how people I’ve never heard of , or seen in forums as I’ve played these servers welcome me to things.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I just think its weird for a NA server to chest thump against other NA servers while the only way they compete/win is by non NA coverage. If you have to call this a troll to feel better, whatever helps you sleep at night. Usually it is rum for me.

who’s “chest thumping” ? I’m not sure you even know what that means. I’ll tell you what, have your entire NA not play during your prime time and all play during DB SEA prime time.. DB still wins. No chest thump there; just a hypothetical troll request.

Pretty sure by ending that with “DB still wins”, you are chest thumping. But what do I know….

From Merriam Webster, Definition of CHEST-THUMPING: conduct or expression marked by pompous or arrogant self-assertion.

Taking a hypothetical situation and declaring youself victorious… Nope… no chest thump here.

Sorry, I didn’t realize I was dealing with a complete troll here. I am normally pretty good at avoiding these. I’ll slink back over to the necro forums.

And for the record, I would say that I am having a much better time this week than last week. I would take this over the T4 stomping we did against SBI and CD for 4 weeks. Even with the oceanic flipping, its still way more fun. Not sore losing at all…. I would call it losing contentedly.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Is WvW more of a PvE activity for DB SEA players?

When mag hits 400-500 ppt in unbalanced matches, we actually lose players because it is very boring and usually pvd.

How do you keep interest in logging in every night to wipe the maps and then log off? Is it strictly for karma/xp? You guys have been at it for many, many months now.

You’ve got the point. Deep and penetrating. These players wont get bored of this form of pve farming.

haha haters gonna hate, we’re going to continue on despite your poor attitude. Keep up the pvforum lolz!

You misunderstood something. I am not even on one of the servers of your tier. I just know little more about the habit of my compatriots.

lol ur post should come with a disclaimer. Either way I strongly defend our SEA they are amazing players and an integral part of DB. Those who bare the mark of the Dragon; I salute you!

They really are an integral part of DB, without them you’d be in a much lower tier and grats on taking empty keeps at 6am eastern time.

ah the good ol PvF we have grown to love from mag. where are the flame rams in camps and the middle of no where? I fear mag is losing their kewl so sad.

Are you saying it isn’t true? Do you not appreciate them enough to acknowledge their importance to DB?

If my server lost a lot of players, we would be in a lower tier. That’s how it works.

not really sure who your question is intended for. I stated our SEA is amazing and integral. And I will not respond to pathetic hypothetical troll questions.

I think you responded to a pathetic hypothetical troll question. BTW I love going against trollguuma. The forums are so good. I cant tell you how boring those weeks with SOS were.

I also credit Maguuma for the extra defense DB is putting in. We knew you were stronger than T4.

If we don’t reset your waypoints at least once before the end of the week I WILL BE VERY SAD

Two out of three okay? vOv

If it was EK and WK it would be okay since we reset garrison yesterday. But no. Not okay. Get back to work!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Fiction.6418

Oh yeh, I have been on all week for t3 and this matchup. T4 was very boring .. I’m just having fun pointing out things and watching the contradictions and nonsense fly.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

I like how people I’ve never heard of , or seen in forums as I’ve played these servers welcome me to things.

That’s what happens when you complain about stuff that ppl have known about for 7 months. Keep beating the the dead horse

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

So 2 pages of responses and I don’t think an actual DB SEA responded, just NA’s that think I was trolling. I really wasn’t. Your SEA coverage is a gigantic outlier in the entire NA bracket, and most people are curious why it exists. I’m asking the SEA guys.

I know for a fact higher tier, well funded servers have offered to cover all of NNK transfer fees, and they would get a much larger community to play against. That’s why I ask why they choose this over actual WvW.

in WvW

The Goat.1940

So 2 pages of responses and I don’t think an actual DB SEA responded, just NA’s that think I was trolling. I really wasn’t. Your SEA coverage is a gigantic outlier in the entire NA bracket, and most people are curious why it exists. I’m asking the SEA guys.

I know for a fact higher tier, well funded servers have offered to cover all of NNK transfer fees, and they would get a much larger community to play against. That’s why I ask why they choose this over actual WvW.

maybe, just maybe they have this thing called server loyalty.. maybe they really like the community.. just some thoughts. sorry I’m only an NA player.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Can we just let them answer?

in WvW

The Goat.1940

no

Necrotic Sushi – Necro

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Cool, now people from other servers are answering for them.

Edit: and completely missing the point of the questions.

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Kaineng has comparable SEA coverage to us. I can’t be sure who has more numbers during that time- our NA would lose literally everything before they got on, and Maguuma was basically non-existant during SEA time, so it was basically a 1v1. Makes it difficult to compare, but while we can’t be sure of exact numbers, Kaineng comes close.

As for the moving part, my guess would be that (1) they don’t want to leave the fully upgraded guild they have here (2) higher tiers means more skill lag (which alone is honestly a good enough reason to stay below tier 2 until it gets fixed), and (3) if they leave DB, chances are they are going to way outnumber whoever they have to play against again. And if that’s the case, then what was the point in moving?

Anyways, those are my speculations. And no, I’m not an SEA player.

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Cool, now people from other servers are answering for them.

Edit: and completely missing the point of the questions.

I may be from ‘other servers’ – but I was on Dragonbrand for some time. I am not ‘answering for them’ as an outsider – I am answering because I’ve seen them.

Your question was to have them answer for themselves. My reply to that was…. THEY DON’T SPEAK ENGLISH! =P

I know for a fact some of them speak and write English, and I know you were on DB. You completely missed the point of the questions and took them as “we are dissing the oceanic presence of DB” and proceeded to answer it as such. That was not the case.

in WvW

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Because actual opposition sucks for them?

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I wish we could fly all the DB SEA to NA and have a real match against them but since that’s impossible I’ll just stay up late and chill more beers.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Fiction.6418

The majority of them do not speak English.

To everyone else:

The SEA guilds on Dragonbrand are incredible. Don’t diss them. They may ‘PvD’ at times, but that’s because SEA is DB’s Prime Time. It’s not their fault that they aren’t paired up with a stronger SEA presence.

Dissing Dragonbrand for having a stronger SEA presence than NA is just ridiculous. The world is round. Some people live on the other half. Just get over it!

There are times when DB’s SEA presence has been tested – And they still came out just fine. They had more of a fight, so the point spreads weren’t as huge, and yes, they still lost because they had more opposition at their time frame. NA needs a lot of help. A lot. But that’s not their fault either. The diehards have stayed through thick and thin. Including their SEA players. That is respectable. It’s server pride. I left DB for reasons of my own. (Wanted to run with old friends, and didn’t really have anyone in WvW when I was on to play). They stay because they want to run with their friends and build up their community. Everyone has server pride. Everyone ‘chest thumps’ when they are winning.

The world is round, and there are many different people on many different parts of it. I play on a NA shard.. guess what I’m in NA.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

One member of NNK explained this issue already on the UTOOOOBZZZZ

Check comments…

[SU]

in WvW

Fiction.6418

To everyone else:

The SEA guilds on Dragonbrand are incredible. Don’t diss them. They may ‘PvD’ at times, but that’s because SEA is DB’s Prime Time. It’s not their fault that they aren’t paired up with a stronger SEA presence.

Dissing Dragonbrand for having a stronger SEA presence than NA is just ridiculous. The world is round. Some people live on the other half. Just get over it!

There are times when DB’s SEA presence has been tested – And they still came out just fine. They had more of a fight, so the point spreads weren’t as huge, and yes, they still lost because they had more opposition at their time frame. NA needs a lot of help. A lot. But that’s not their fault either. The diehards have stayed through thick and thin. Including their SEA players. That is respectable. It’s server pride. I left DB for reasons of my own. (Wanted to run with old friends, and didn’t really have anyone in WvW when I was on to play). They stay because they want to run with their friends and build up their community. Everyone has server pride. Everyone ‘chest thumps’ when they are winning.

oh also… hearing someone who bailed on their server talk about server pride and it being respectable can just save their fingers some typing.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

i like how that one comender hit door

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Sorry, I didn’t realize I was dealing with a complete troll here. I am normally pretty good at avoiding these. I’ll slink back over to the necro forums.

And for the record, I would say that I am having a much better time this week than last week. I would take this over the T4 stomping we did against SBI and CD for 4 weeks. Even with the oceanic flipping, its still way more fun. Not sore losing at all…. I would call it losing contentedly.

Clothes… now… I mean it this time.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

You Mags are awesome at PvF! Hats off.

I did enjoy battles with your in-game players too. Defending the Hills on Mags BL during NA prime time was a lot of fun yesterday, despite the lag. Keep up the good work, real Mags players

And to all those worried about our poor NA coverage (we actually do alright, but whatever), feel free to move to DB

Dragonbrand

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

To everyone else:

oh also… hearing someone who bailed on their server talk about server pride and it being respectable can just save their fingers some typing.

Did you actually read what Evalakitten actually said?

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Loki.4139

Loki.4139

What is your question?
I cannot speak for the whole guild entirely, but I do talk to a lot of the higher ranked in NNK.

Lôkíi
Commander
[NNK]

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

What is your question?
I cannot speak for the whole guild entirely, but I do talk to a lot of the higher ranked in NNK.

I believe the question is “why NNK stays on Dragonbrand where they do not have competition?”

[SU]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

To everyone else:

I didn’t ‘bail on the server’. I left to play with people I knew.

People you knew that aren’t me :’(

in WvW

kfarb.6732

I’m telling Jayne.

in WvW

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

I’m laughing. Are you jealous? Why do you stay on your server when you face little resistance from DB NA?

Because we live in NA. We’re where we should be.

This is why NNK stays on DB. Because we enjoy playing with them, celebrate our collective victories, and welcome them as part of our community.

We don’t tell them to leave to a non-NA server. Your attitude is your undoing. NA is not the center of the planet.

Now you understand?

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

As someone who is on the maguuman night crew- getting dropped down to 25 ppt and dealing with a force that is literally 10 times your size (actually probaly higher)is not really fun…. I love playing during the day and commanding and finding good fights with YB and DB, but once NNK wakes up it’s impossible to hold anything or take anything
Maybe I am a fairweather player, but I refuse to play during those hours, it just isn’t fun :C

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

(edited by Digikid.7230)

in WvW

kfarb.6732

This is why NNK stays on DB. Because we enjoy playing with them, celebrate our collective victories, and welcome them as part of our community.

We don’t tell them to leave to a non-NA server. Your attitude is your undoing. NA is not the center of the planet.

Now you understand?

what

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I’m laughing. Are you jealous? Why do you stay on your server when you face little resistance from DB NA?

Because we live in NA. We’re where we should be.

Now you understand?

That, again, is not the question. No one is saying get off we’re losing. No one is saying go back to asia. No one is saying that DB sucks. All we’re asking is why, if you can transfer for essentially free, do you stay where you don’t get to actually play wvw? I don’t know why people keep thinking it’s some troll question.

Maybe some t1/t2 will read this thread and once again offer NNK and other SEA guys enough money to pay for all transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Wow … was just going to have a peak and see if Yak’s and DB / Mag’s were all having fun together. I guess in there own way they are.

DB – you SEA coverage is impressive and you NA crew shouldn’t take insult to having a good SEA … I am from Kaineng, who have played against you guys … also late late nights … your NA guys I won’t skip… you guys combined have crushed servers and helped many jump ship. It’s intense good battles, and many servers (later hours who go outmanned) get the opportunity to have alamo’s … and alamo’s build friends and fun. We still speak of some of the battles with you respectfully. While we got to fight you, it was fun, and you guys deserve props.

Every server has coverage gaps if your not JQ, and those who have coverage gaps, often not like when others are strong during that gap. It’s the same as if someone kick a bruised leg, and the hurt comes out in forum politics.

I hope you guys are enjoying the battles with eachother. I do miss battling some of the yak’s and mag’s groups too, I learned much from those battles and respect all your efforts in teaching, even if it came with some mudslinging.

~X [RE], Kaineng

Almost certain question is … ‘do you like taking over without contest’

Personal opinion, would be yes … free wxp, now I can go tpvp. But I get why they ask. Is yak’s and Mag’s completely non existent? Not even outmanned? no manned?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Fiction.6418

LOL Kaineng guy trying to defend DB “SEA” players. lol anyway now that I’ve put this here hopefully it will keep the kitten going for a while till I can get back from RL fun see you guys in game.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

To everyone else:

Sorry! I still heart you, lol – you’re my favorite Maguuman!

Et tu Brutus?

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Kaineng player speaking about fighting NNK and enjoying fighting DB. Not pvdoor, and yes … not defending – saying ‘hey, we still talk about some of those alamo battles, the guys who faced them when we group together’ …

Wanted to see if anything … may have changed with any of the servers. I enjoyed battling against. You have issue with that or just an issue with everything/anything?

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

As someone who is on the maguuman night crew- getting dropped down to 25 ppt and dealing with a force that is literally 10 times your size (actually probaly higher)is not really fun…. I love playing during the day and commanding and finding good fights with YB and DB, but once NNK wakes up it’s impossible to hold anything or take anything
Maybe I am a fairweather player, but I refuse to play during those hours, it just isn’t fun :C

Welcome to T3. We left T4 because it was boring. Every single person on Maguuma who’s fought DB before knew what they were up against when we made a big effort push to get into this tier.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

To everyone else:

Et tu Brutus?

You don’t count. You’re in BT, lol

And you know I’m cooler than him, anyway…but we’ll keep that between ourselves.

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I’m sorry to disrail this thread, but I have an emergency message for Mag. The thread for SF/NSP/HoD has gotten 3 locks. I smell a fourth within 24 hours. What was your guys’ record again? You can’t sit here and claim to be champs of PvF if you allow this to go on and then all my dreams and aspirations will be shattered.

Also Eva, Saiyr is my bestie. Back off!

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

To everyone else:

Et tu Brutus?

Are you a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm and a runaway son of a nuclear A bomb?

[SU]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’m sorry to disrail this thread, but I have an emergency message for Mag. The thread for SF/NSP/HoD has gotten 3 locks. I smell a fourth within 24 hours. What was your guys’ record again? You can’t sit here and claim to be champs of PvF if you allow this to go on and then all my dreams and aspirations will be shattered.

I thought we were friends. Sharing is caring?

To everyone else:

Et tu Brutus?

Are you a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm and a runaway son of a nuclear A bomb?

No I am gollum and I play with my feet.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

I was being serious btw. Maguuma is the best to fight against due to the foruming (and I want to know your record) – it’s typically quite witty. I say one remotely critical thing in the KN/TC/FA thread and I’m troll of the year with a whole page of admonishments and I’m not allowed to post again until I fart out heart-shaped bubbles. It’s probably the 6th level of hell.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

The mods just delete posts. It’s too much of a hassle to watch Maguuma match up threads and lock them.

Do you even see his signature?

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

The mods just delete posts. It’s too much of a hassle to watch Maguuma match up threads and lock them.

Do you even see his signature?

Well….I never said the feeling was returned.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

So someone asks why the Oceanic crew hangs around DB while our NA is weak and they have less competition.

The NA crew answers, they can’t accept that answer.
Someone from another server who knows what she’s talking about answers, they can’t accept that answer.
Someone posts a video with with an Oceanic response, they can’t accept that answer.
An Oceanic posts in this topic, they can’t accept that answer.

Holy flamin’ hell, get over it.

On a sidenote, Maguuma zerg pvd’d two of our fully upgraded keeps with Golems earlier, one owned by my guild with buffs. Should I kitten about it? At least Yaks are actually fighting for Bay. =)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

What is your question?

I believe the question is “why NNK stays on Dragonbrand where they do not have competition?”

I’m laughing. Are you jealous? Why do you stay on your server when you face little resistance from DB NA? Come to DB and fix both your jealousy/boredom problems.

Edit: I read a few of your past posts, and I take my invitation back. We need real warriors, not PvF trolls. Sorry. But other NA folks are welcome.

We face little resistance from DB NA? IIRC our borderlands was queued by DB last night and our PPT was over 100 below DBs. Also, even without DB, we are hit hard by YB every day. Minor details, I guess. Oh and let’s not forget that they’re not even trying to troll by asking such a question :s

Calvin’s amusing… on one hand he derides me for PvFing, on the other he does the same when I simply explained what the question people were asking NNK was. I already knew the answer.

[SU]

in WvW

kfarb.6732

Someone from another server who knows what she’s talking about answers, they can’t accept that answer.
Someone posts a video with with an Oceanic response, they can’t accept that answer.

Two of these things are not like the others.

~Kovu

in WvW

Fiction.6418

So someone asks why the Oceanic crew hangs around DB while our NA is weak and they have less competition.

Holy flamin’ hell, get over it.

On a sidenote, Maguuma zerg pvd’d two of our fully upgraded keeps with Golems earlier, one owned by my guild with buffs. Should I kitten about it? At least Yaks are actually fighting for Bay. =)

~ Kovu

On another side note, apparently it was very well owned by your guild. When my guild takes towers/keeps we don’t lose that kitten. That is ownership, not claiming and doing whatever it is you guys do.

Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing