4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

A problem with ANet employees running a crew in game? Man, I’m GLAD we have that. It means they actually play their game and have fun doing it. Plus that ANet tag works both ways, it may be a semi-commander tag, but it’s also a bigger target than anything else out there. I love to go for those kills. Not that I have something against them, but because it’s an ANet employee and I’m literally beating them at their own game ……… sometimes :P
The more ANet in game, the better!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

The main point you mindless zergers seem to miss… Is just because Anet allows your mindless Zerg to win most fights because of the numbers you have (I.e 25 people fighting 5 people at a supply camp) doesn’t mean youre honing any skills. It means Anet has allowed you guys to win those fights. Has nothing to do with your organization or talent and everything to do with the fact that you have 20 more guys than the opposing camp defenders to mash #1.

First, I do not zerg so drop your attitude. Zerging is part of WvW whether you like it or not. This is a fight to WIN, not win without hurting the losers feelings. Anet doesn’t ALLOW us to win, we win with strategy and tactics with zerging being ONE of those tactics.

Myself, I prefer smaller, more organized groups that perform the real work before AND after the zerg does the their work. And sure, we join the zerg for precision strikes to speed thing up or help with stubborn defense.

And it is honing the zergs skills. You sound like our friends over in T8 when we first started beating them each week. If you are so worried about numbers then just be patient while we win some match-ups and we will move into T6 sooner or later.

Remember, it is just a game so have fun in whatever you are doing!

Tell me what you are winning? How long has SF been in tier 8? What has all your “winning” gained you? All your “score updates”? You guys have been in T8 for months. Doesn’t seem like you have won anything. All you guys that say WvW is about “winning” never have an answer for Anet putting you on the top of the scoreboard and KEEPING you in the same tier.

So your response for “Zergs reasoning for fighting that style is to win” is just a funny argument. You guys get on everyday group up behind blue Doritos and bang on keeps and towers which end up being retaken half hour later. Doesn’t gain you a thing…. You say “we are playing for points”….Again what do those points gain you? Months and months of the same thing to MAYBE move up to be the bottom feeders in the exact same process?

So the mindless hours spent in a Zerg (not honing skills by the way… You can press #1 and kill just about anything) are spent towards a meaningless non-outcome changing score….

So the answer (unless you are 100% casual only) is you should at least work on becoming a better player.

I started reading the last page of this thread to see some recent stuff, ran across this post and realized i shouldnt even bother.

People are always going to think the enemy server has more players which are all fully decked out in Greens and Blues (ironically matching their color on the weekly matchup), while their server is full of 5 man highly tactical groups in Pink Ascended, taking out 50 man paper zergs.
“The only reason my server ever loses is because we are outmanned, and X server doesnt deserve the keep they just took.”

Until you try defending a keep against a group of Anet golems, dont talk to me about a developer helping out an enemy server too much.

kittenin Superior Developers/Numbers/Tactics/Siege/Gear/XXXXXXXX………
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/60675/anet_employee_down.jpg

Yes you’re correct in knowing that my guys and I don’t feel taking a tower with 20+ people is deserving of credit. And because in a half hour it will be retaken don’t feel that having taken it in the first place is worth a single thing. Before going into just bashing, re-read what I wrote and please come up with answers to my question marks. “What are you gaining by winning?” “what has (winning) actually earned any of you?” “what actual outcome does the scoreboard reflect?”

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

The main point you mindless zergers seem to miss… Is just because Anet allows your mindless Zerg to win most fights because of the numbers you have (I.e 25 people fighting 5 people at a supply camp) doesn’t mean youre honing any skills. It means Anet has allowed you guys to win those fights. Has nothing to do with your organization or talent and everything to do with the fact that you have 20 more guys than the opposing camp defenders to mash #1.

First, I do not zerg so drop your attitude. Zerging is part of WvW whether you like it or not. This is a fight to WIN, not win without hurting the losers feelings. Anet doesn’t ALLOW us to win, we win with strategy and tactics with zerging being ONE of those tactics.

Myself, I prefer smaller, more organized groups that perform the real work before AND after the zerg does the their work. And sure, we join the zerg for precision strikes to speed thing up or help with stubborn defense.

And it is honing the zergs skills. You sound like our friends over in T8 when we first started beating them each week. If you are so worried about numbers then just be patient while we win some match-ups and we will move into T6 sooner or later.

Tell me what you are winning? How long has SF been in tier 8? What has all your “winning” gained you? All your “score updates”? You guys have been in T8 for months. Doesn’t seem like you have won anything. All you guys that say WvW is about “winning” never have an answer for Anet putting you on the top of the scoreboard and KEEPING you in the same tier.

So your response for “Zergs reasoning for fighting that style is to win” is just a funny argument. You guys get on everyday group up behind blue Doritos and bang on keeps and towers which end up being retaken half hour later. Doesn’t gain you a thing…. You say “we are playing for points”….Again what do those points gain you? Months and months of the same thing to MAYBE move up to be the bottom feeders in the exact same process?

So the mindless hours spent in a Zerg (not honing skills by the way… You can press #1 and kill just about anything) are spent towards a meaningless non-outcome changing score….

So the answer (unless you are 100% casual only) is you should at least work on becoming a better player.

Hi, thanks for stopping by and sharing your reasonable and valued response. The sun must not be up where you live.

Just for arguments sake (not saying you are arguing because your statements are just meant to inflame people’s responses) I will answer your questions.

1. We are winning this matchup, by at least 30k last I checked.
2. SF was in T8 for almost 4 months give or take.
3. Our winning has gained us 3+ months of winning by at least double the second place servers score. (Yes, there were some weeks where it was not double, but it was close).

So, to recap. The T8 server you seem to think we are, is beating both of your T7 server. Your T7 server that moved down is in a close match with those other T8 servers you keep trying to disparage.

So not only are we winning in every normal sense of the word, we are also TIGER BLOOD winning.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

D W.5179

Yes you’re correct in knowing that my guys and I don’t feel taking a tower with 20+ people is deserving of credit. And because in a half hour it will be retaken don’t feel that having taken it in the first place is worth a single thing. Before going into just bashing, re-read what I wrote and please come up with answers to my question marks. “What are you gaining by winning?” “what has (winning) actually earned any of you?” “what actual outcome does the scoreboard reflect?”

I know this isn’t directed at me, but I’ll give this one a shot.

“What are you gaining by winning?”
Nothing more than some server ranking in a game.

“what has (winning) actually earned any of you?”
Ironically (because of the above answer), NOT server ranking LOL.

“what actual outcome does the scoreboard reflect?”
Usually active server WvW population.

Well this begs a fourth question.
Why play then?
Because win or lose, it’s a kitten fun game!

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Well both the Anet’s were on upscales, and they were following a commander just like everyone else there. Just sayin..

Sorry, but when you lie it makes me disregard the rest of what you say.

See that screenshot that i linked? See the Arenanet tag on the person being targeted? See the lack of a green up arrow?

Just….sayin…..

Less “lie” more didn’t look at your SS.. The only 2 Anet’s I’ve seen in recent days were upscaled mesmers.. Anyhow, I dunno – cry more? Anet employees play all the time on all the servers, it’s not an advantage – never have I seen one actually leading anything.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: HoboLyra.4908

HoboLyra.4908

Seriously, why do all three servers have to turn this into one giant kitten goading fest? Can’t we just play the freakin’ game and have fun with it, without complaining/arguing/baiting/trolling?

You may as well be a MOBA forum right now. And that is NOT a good thing.

-Tarnished Coast-
Obsidian Spire OS / EXS

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

Look you guys want to win? I think you need to take advice from this video.

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Lonya.2384

Lonya.2384

I’m humbled here. I mean, the facts are facts.

Corpse dancing is part of this game.

*Fact, because I see it all the time in PvE where a herd of minotar stop and dance over a new player. And I myself have witnessed corpse dancing over a dead bunny killed to advance a daily.

SF earned the bump to tier 7 because of hard work in tier 8.

*Fact. No Anet intervention was required whatsoever with number juggling to get them back to tier 7.

Portal bombs and large zergs are the only way SF can capture a keep.

*Fiction! They seem to have a large enough flow of gold on their server to afford many, many Omega Golems too!

I’m not sure who said it but… “We invented the zerg”

*Sadly that is a false statement. B-net/Blizzard actually invented the zerg and each time I hear the term, I’m immediately drawn back to my days of StarCraft.

So, I’m very humbled by these facts and tip my hat to SF for being so worthy of tier 7.

HoD = home for life

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Actually, you did not ask those questions in your first response to me, these have been re-worded so you do not sound so much like the troll you are.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

I’m humbled here. I mean, the facts are facts.

Corpse dancing is part of this game.

*Fact, because I see it all the time in PvE where a herd of minotar stop and dance over a new player. And I myself have witnessed corpse dancing over a dead bunny killed to advance a daily.

SF earned the bump to tier 7 because of hard work in tier 8.

*Fact. No Anet intervention was required whatsoever with number juggling to get them back to tier 7.

Portal bombs and large zergs are the only way SF can capture a keep.

*Fiction! They seem to have a large enough flow of gold on their server to afford many, many Omega Golems too!

I’m not sure who said it but… “We invented the zerg”

*Sadly that is a false statement. B-net/Blizzard actually invented the zerg and each time I hear the term, I’m immediately drawn back to my days of StarCraft.

So, I’m very humbled by these facts and tip my hat to SF for being so worthy of tier 7.

Thank you. I know that each server has their folks on the forums who just like to kitten talk, etc. It is nice when we find someone who is not here to troll.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Seriously, why do all three servers have to turn this into one giant kitten goading fest? Can’t we just play the freakin’ game and have fun with it, without complaining/arguing/baiting/trolling?

Well, it break down to this (my opinion, not fact of course):
1. Just like in T8, when we (SF) are winning, the other server can only explain this by saying our numbers are VASTLY superior (but we have no skill) and we are cheating.
2. We (SF) really do not like being called cheaters and unskilled because we know how hard we actually work at this, how much we have improved since December.
3. The trolls from the other two servers are feeling VERY, VERY stupid right now because their servers are not ROFLSTOMPING us (SF) like they were saying on out T8 thread before reset.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Hi, thanks for stopping by and sharing your reasonable and valued response. The sun must not be up where you live.

Just for arguments sake (not saying you are arguing because your statements are just meant to inflame people’s responses) I will answer your questions.

1. We are winning this matchup, by at least 30k last I checked.
2. SF was in T8 for almost 4 months give or take.
3. Our winning has gained us 3+ months of winning by at least double the second place servers score. (Yes, there were some weeks where it was not double, but it was close).

So, to recap. The T8 server you seem to think we are, is beating both of your T7 server. Your T7 server that moved down is in a close match with those other T8 servers you keep trying to disparage.

So not only are we winning in every normal sense of the word, we are also TIGER BLOOD winning.

This is funny. The reason I know you don’t get where I’m coming from is because the first thing you did was give me a scoreboard update. I never once asked and actually explained non of PAXA care about the score. Thank you for answering you spent 4 months doing the exact same thing everyday to finally move up a tier…. To guess what? Do the exact same thing. 4 months in which I’m sure you had fun but by Anets (and your own apparently) standards gained you nothing but forum bragging. Point is dude Zerging should not be the ONLY form an entire server’s pvp team uses. Like I said earlier I get new players want to have backup close by and to work together. Please name 3-5 small man guilds that run primetime? Can you do that? And running 15 is not small man. To be specific, run 10 or less and look for fights and not ONLY points? Can you do that?

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Well both the Anet’s were on upscales, and they were following a commander just like everyone else there. Just sayin..

Sorry, but when you lie it makes me disregard the rest of what you say.

See that screenshot that i linked? See the Arenanet tag on the person being targeted? See the lack of a green up arrow?

Just….sayin…..

Less “lie” more didn’t look at your SS.. The only 2 Anet’s I’ve seen in recent days were upscaled mesmers.. Anyhow, I dunno – cry more? Anet employees play all the time on all the servers, it’s not an advantage – never have I seen one actually leading anything.

Actualy, he was doing his daily when we took Hills. I also remember he was teleporting us all around the map with invulnerability and we could even fly. That was amazing ! So sad you missed it Dank.

VoxL, NSPPT

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Why play then?

You are from SF and I appreciate this post more than any post in the past 3 months hands down. The real answer no one on that side will ever admit. Thanks for being a glimmering sign of hope.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

This is funny. The reason I know you don’t get where I’m coming from is because the first thing you did was give me a scoreboard update. I never once asked and actually explained non of PAXA care about the score. Thank you for answering you spent 4 months doing the exact same thing everyday to finally move up a tier…. To guess what? Do the exact same thing. 4 months in which I’m sure you had fun but by Anets (and your own apparently) standards gained you nothing but forum bragging. Point is dude Zerging should not be the ONLY form an entire server’s pvp team uses. Like I said earlier I get new players want to have backup close by and to work together. Please name 3-5 small man guilds that run primetime? Can you do that? And running 15 is not small man. To be specific, run 10 or less and look for fights and not ONLY points? Can you do that?

[Seed] runs a 3-5 man team most of the time during primetime and up to 10-15 during scheduled event, though we do join/command zergs when they are useful for the situation. There’s no point in avoiding zergs when your server is siegeing Stonemist.

And YES we do cap camps with 10+ people because that’s how you make sure you have enough supply to siege towers, keeps and castles. Wether you like it or not and wether you think it’s skill or not, SF is really good to group up on certain BLs when called upon. We group up fast and cap fast because we know how to do it and how effective it is.

When you ask: ’’What’s the point of capping something to loose it half an hour later?" I answer: “How’d you feel loosing that waypoint in your garrison?” You seem to be trolling just for the fun of trolling. I still have yet to be outskilled in WvW, be it 1v1s 2v1s 5v5s, etc.

Piiz

(edited by Pizz.3698)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

If you want better answers then ask a specific question instead of generalizing and then complaining that wasn’t what you were asking for.

And you are dillusional if you think only the zerg gets points. But then again, you really are not here to make sense and create real discussions, are you?

Oh, I get it! You want people to conform to your style of play, is that why you brought up the “small” guild looking for fight thing? Because really, to each their own. I am glad you like that style of play, I run with a guild that has 3-5 WvW players on at any one time. But dismissing other folks style of play because you do not like it is childish, like throwing a temper tantrum because things are not going the way you want them to.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

While I do admit that organization and talent are underrated in WvW currently, have you seen all the skill lag threads in the higher tiers? It sounds like regardless of skill, you end up just trying to mash 1 and hoping that it actually works at all the higher you go. If you truly do value organization and talent as smaller groups, perhaps you should feel lucky that you’ll stay in T7 or drop down to T8.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Devs play on NSP
Isn’t that not kind of supposed to be our thing?

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

[Seed] runs a 3-5 man team most of the time during primetime and up to 10-15 during scheduled event, though we do join/command zergs when they are useful for the situation. There’s no point in avoiding zergs when your server is siegeing Stonemist.

And YES we do cap zergs with 10+ people because that’s how you make sure you have enough supply to siege towers, keeps and castles. Wether you like it or not and wether you think it’s skill or not, SF is really good to group up on certain BLs when called upon. We group up fast and cap fast because we know how to do it.

When you ask: ’’What’s the point of capping something to loose it half an hour later?" I answer: “How’d you feel loosing that waypoint in your garrison?” You seem to be trolling just for the fun of trolling. I still have yet to be outskilled in WvW, be it 1v1s 2v1s 5v5s, etc.

It isn’t fun trying to explain a different culture’s perspective all day.
That culture being small mans out for kills and building congruent teams that are tough as nails to take down and take focus/coordination/awareness to stand a chance against.

That being said you named one guild that sounds like more often than not joins the Zerg to “help the server”. Please name 3-5 guild small mans that are out competing for something other than joining the Zerg eventually and the scoreboard.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

And YES we do cap camps with 10+ people because that’s how you make sure you have enough supply to siege towers, keeps and castles. Wether you like it or not and wether you think it’s skill or not, SF is really good to group up on certain BLs when called upon. We group up fast and cap fast because we know how to do it and how effective it is.

THIS. Good response. For some reason NSP seems to take pride in their ability to troll. I am guessing because the ones who troll lack actual WvW skill.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Kholim.1749

Kholim.1749

Just ran into some ZoS doing ports in the jump puzzle.

They laid me out the first time I went through, which is fine, part of the game. I missed the last jump!

The second time I skulked around the lower parts until someone jumped down for a 1v1. I repaid my death there, and then climbed up giving waves and bows to everyone I passed. It wasn’t until I reached the chest that someone attacked me again.

CoSA Blue

Also, ITT: people want formalized duels and wvw just isn’t the place for it.

(edited by Kholim.1749)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Varconi.1804

Varconi.1804

1. Just like in T8, when we (SF) are winning, the other server can only explain this by saying our numbers are VASTLY superior (but we have no skill) and we are cheating.
2. We (SF) really do not like being called cheaters and unskilled because we know how hard we actually work at this, how much we have improved since December.
3. The trolls from the other two servers are feeling VERY, VERY stupid right now because their servers are not ROFLSTOMPING us (SF) like they were saying on out T8 thread before reset.

1. Who has ever claimed SF cheated that is such a bs strawman argument. If you honestly think that your server is winning primarily on skill and gain no advantage from numbers then there is no point discussing it with you because you are clearly delusional.

2. Grats if you have improved and are doing great as a server. I doubt very sincerely that you guys have ever honed your wvw skill simply because it has not been needed in the last few months of stomping small pop servers. This doesn’t mean you lack the skill to do so but from all my wvwing so far I have seen maybe 10 players I consider good on your server.

3. I am a troll from NSP and I don’t feel stupid for you guys out zerging 2 servers, well no more stupid than I feel on a normal day. It is clear by your server population you have been in the wrong tier for far to long. As far as ROFLSTOMPING we have done plenty of that against your 15-20 man groups with our 7-10.

XOXO Female Asura Mesmer NSP | Female Sylvari Engineer

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

Alright Hod and Nsp, i think you’ve lured them into a false sense of security enough. awaken and smash them. you can do it!! what’s 30k? that’s only a day and a half.
Unleash your inner madness!!

-sincerely gom

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Punch.4231

Punch.4231

Very sorry to PAXA for not fighting you on the terms that suit you best. Please accept my deepest apologies. We will form several small super-tanky voicechat-coordinated focus-firing roaming groups and then PM you their positions around the maps (away from cap points because who cares about those anyway amirite?) See you guys out there!

If only there were some way for 5man groups to compete on an even playing field without interference. Hmmm, no. Nothing coming to mind.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Lesson for the kiddies out there.

When you go afk – don’t do it like this.

Attachments:

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Luke.8295

Luke.8295

WvW = Higher population/WvW activity > Anything

Its not a T8 owning 2 T7 Servers, its just a Very High populated Server showing that it has more people online in WvW around the clock that 2 medium/high servers. Yes SF have been stuck in T8 due to some glitches with how scores are worked out etc. They will climb until they reach servers of similar population, skill has nothing to do with it until that happens.

All this WvW system does it filter down the lowest population servers to the bottom, until they reach a tier where there population matches that of the other servers, The only true match ups are between the top teirs where their WvW populations are maxed out (aka queing for most if not all BL’s)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Xaz.3841

Xaz.3841

Point is dude Zerging should not be the ONLY form an entire server’s pvp team uses.

From a SF native, zerging isn’t the only tactic used. I’m typically solo(or duo w/ gf) capping camps to keep the lifeblood flowing for us and cut it off for the enemy. I frequently run in to other friendly solo folks or small groups(2-5) of other folks doing the same thing. Sometimes we’ll use the 5-7 of us to ninja a tower while the enemy is kept occupied by our zerg, sometimes we’ll break off and go our separate ways again, mostly the latter.

Anyway, I say this because while our zerg is definitely the star of the show, there are others in the background doing the dirty work too…you just don’t see us nearly as often so it’s easy to overlook us but we are there.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Very sorry to PAXA for not fighting you on the terms that suit you best. Please accept my deepest apologies. We will form several small super-tanky voicechat-coordinated focus-firing roaming groups and then PM you their positions around the maps (away from cap points because who cares about those anyway amirite?) See you guys out there!

If only there were some way for 5man groups to compete on an even playing field without interference. Hmmm, no. Nothing coming to mind.

Punchy punch I ran 8 man in Daoc for 3 years straight, the same guys. Anyone from pvp open world backgrounds knows that no open world fights go uninterrupted. We don’t PM teams to meet us anywhere. Half of the fun is the hunt and positioning yourself on the map correctly to have advantages.

I think having received no answers other than [seed] which openly admits to frequently joining the Zerg there is no other form of open world pvp for SF than Zerg balling. In which case no credit will be given for anything you guys accomplish because as a number of my colleagues in this thread have pointed out population “is winning” for SF.

PAXA -GM

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Punch.4231

I’m glad you “broke it down” in your own opinion. Its FACT TIME NOW.

Fact #1. Before free transfers FC/ET was a ghost town for more then half of the day, everyday. I would run around till my food buffs wore off before I’d run into an Et/Fc player. Also there was PROOF of some people in one of the reputable SF guilds HAXING keep gates.

Fact #2. See Fact #1

Fact #3. No one here feels stupid , I certainly never looked at your T8 thread. Why would I care to?

You can have your opinion, its just not the fact.

Bonus Fun fact #4. Unlike Kain or Dr, you guys got a crutch from Anet to move up. That fact alone makes you guys all angry everytime it is mentioned.

It’s a fact that means nothing without context, and you clearly don’t understand the system.

I was on DR at the time and it’s a horrible comparison, sorry.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Point is dude Zerging should not be the ONLY form an entire server’s pvp team uses.

From a SF native, zerging isn’t the only tactic used. I’m typically solo(or duo w/ gf) capping camps to keep the lifeblood flowing for us and cut it off for the enemy. I frequently run in to other friendly solo folks or small groups(2-5) of other folks doing the same thing. Sometimes we’ll use the 5-7 of us to ninja a tower while the enemy is kept occupied by our zerg, sometimes we’ll break off and go our separate ways again, mostly the latter.

Anyway, I say this because while our zerg is definitely the star of the show, there are others in the background doing the dirty work too…you just don’t see us nearly as often so it’s easy to overlook us but we are there.

What guild are you so I can show proper respect when I see a non zerger on SF?

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Punch.4231

Jscull frankly I wish we had more 5-8 men groups. But to assume everyone is in a zergball is silly. Some of us run solo or with 1 other and look for small fights. Which doesn’t help you either lol. Hopefully that changes for both of us.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

silverfire.2547

Bonus Fun fact #4. Unlike Kain or Dr, you guys got a crutch from Anet to move up. That fact alone makes you guys all angry everytime it is mentioned.

Kaineng and DR left their 50lb backpacks behind (22.6kg for those of you using the wrong system) when they went up a tier. We tried to carry those backpacks with us up and out of T7 and we kitten well almost did.

Then Uncle Anet told us we didn’t need to bring Kaineng and DR’s backpacks anymore.

Is removing a load we shouldn’t have had to carry all along really a crutch?

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Fact #1. Before free transfers FC/ET was a ghost town for more then half of the day, everyday. I would run around till my food buffs wore off before I’d run into an Et/Fc player. Also there was PROOF of some people in one of the reputable SF guilds HAXING keep gates.

Fact #2. See Fact #1

Fact #3. No one here feels stupid , I certainly never looked at your T8 thread. Why would I care to?

LOL, wow, you can’t even troll good. Like I said in my first line, not fact at all.

1. You fall right into number and cheating. Exactly my point, thank you for proving it.
2. Yup, see 1.
3. Then that wasn’t aimed at you, was it?

Seriously, is there a troll school where they teach bad grammar and how to misspell words? You must have been on the Honor Roll.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Flerch.4817

Flerch.4817

I prefer spamming /sit on those bunnies. Outplayin’ the kitten outta those bunnies like a boss!

Timada Thief|Poof Poof Bang Mesmer
Daklap Elementalist|Man Crushin Thighs Warrior
XOXO|NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Verras.5013

Verras.5013

SF is very adaptable. Many of us will put aside differences for the common good to achieve victory. Whether it be by small-man groups, large zergs, or seige. We will pull through. If you have a problem with the number of people or size of our zergs wish us happy travels as we try to push tier 6.

But, what fun is that? Letting your opponents get a free pass? Most of NSP and HoD forces are out there battling these large numbers. Some victorious others not so lucky. I have deep respect for those players. Instead of saying 5v5 me or 1v1 me and we’ll see who’s the best! They’re out there going “where are the most SF to kill today?” “Let’s show these SF they are on our territory.” Those are the guys you’re small man groups should join. If you have 5 small man guilds with around 10 people on each. That’s 50 people that you say are more skilled than that of equal numbers. So, 50 more skilled people should be able to wipe our 50 man zerg easy. However, not saying you should do this, just thought it would be a cool idea for the small roaming guilds to try out. If you prefer looking for small fights all the power to you! If SF rolls in way to big parties maybe try finding fights with NSP or HoD?

SF has a mean WvW population now that we are out of T7 many of us are aiming for higher in the tier list. Eventually, we will meet servers with the same WvW population and that’s when SF can prove that we aren’t as skill-less as many thought. Until then let’s keep the good fights going!

About corpse dancing, it’s going to happen. Especially if people have a grudge against another. Although if I have a grudge against you: I will spike you, if I honour you I will attack you while you suffer on the ground until you drop dead, if I see that you have great potential I will allow you to live.

This is all MY own opinion. Props to Os, NSP [guild], LK, and many other players and guilds for trying to put shackles around SF’s feet and pull us down. It’s been a blast.

Also, for how many numbers the PVP guild fields, it may surprise you once you find out.

@Flerch.4817
Was a fun duel to watch. To be honest my spec and build are really bad for small groups, 1v1-5v5. Or else I would have tried to duel you. Our zerg gets pretty big when randoms start following us, but we like to look for the most action and so do they.

Maybe, in the future we can have a drink of tea, chat, then rip each other apart.

King Verras ~ SF ~ Necromancer ~ [eXo] Guild
eXo taking credit for things we did not achieve.
eXo dying in outnumbered fights since May 2013.

(edited by Verras.5013)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Sarsbear.3469

Sarsbear.3469

PAXA believes all 3 servers in all 8 NA tiers are bad. Many in this thread seem to think Jscull is speaking about SF, he is not, he is speaking in generalities. All 3 servers in all 8 NA tiers spend their time in blobs pressing (or clicking apparently) 1 because they think that is how the game was designed. PAXA doesn’t want to fight pre-arranged 5v5 fights, we want to play in a dynamic open world pvp environment where small groups roam searching for other small groups to fight around objectives that were designed for small groups to fight over. It doesn’t need to be even numbers, it doesn’t need to be fair.

There are 13 objectives on each BL map, not including sentries, and the majority of players group up and fight at 2. Again, group size limited to 5 players, boons limited to 5 players, AoE limited to 5 players, the majority of siege can be built by 5 or fewer players, majority of actual players play in blobs of 20+.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

SF is very adaptable. Many of us will put aside differences for the common good to achieve victory. Whether it be by small-man groups, large zergs, or seige. We will pull through. If you have a problem with the number of people or size of our zergs wish us happy travels as we try to push tier 6.

But, what fun is that? Letting your opponents get a free pass? Most of NSP and HoD forces are out there battling these large numbers. Some victorious others not so lucky. I have deep respect for those players. Instead of saying 5v5 me or 1v1 me and we’ll see who’s the best! They’re out there going “where are the most SF to kill today?” “Let’s show these SF they are on our territory.” Those are the guys you’re small man groups should join. If you have 5 small man guilds with around 10 people on each. That’s 50 people that you say are more skilled than that of equal numbers. So, 50 more skilled people should be able to wipe our 50 man zerg easy. However, not saying you should do this, just thought it would be a cool idea for the small roaming guilds to try out. If you prefer looking for small fights all the power to you! If SF rolls in way to big parties maybe try finding fights with NSP or HoD?

SF has a mean WvW population now that we are out of T7 many of us are aiming for higher in the tier list. Eventually, we will meet servers with the same WvW population and that’s when SF can prove that we aren’t as skill-less as many thought. Until then let’s keep the good fights going!

This is all MY own opinion. Props to Os, NSP [guild], LK, and many other players and guilds for trying to put shackles around SF’s feet and pull us down. It’s been a blast.

Also, for how many numbers the PVP guild fields, it may surprise you once you find out.

Good post. I am thinking these T7 threads will not be nearly as fun at T8 thread with all the trolls. At least ET and FC seem to have respect for their opponents even if they disagreed with them. And from what I have been reading it seems that what trolls ET and FC had were much better than these guys. They at least made sense in their posts, these T7 guys grammar and spelling remind me of middle school kids texting each other.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

PAXA believes all 3 servers in all 8 NA tiers are bad. Many in this thread seem to think Jscull is speaking about SF, he is not, he is speaking in generalities. All 3 servers in all 8 NA tiers spend their time in blobs pressing (or clicking apparently) 1 because they think that is how the game was designed. PAXA doesn’t want to fight pre-arranged 5v5 fights, we want to play in a dynamic open world pvp environment where small groups roam searching for other small groups to fight around objectives that were designed for small groups to fight over. It doesn’t need to be even numbers, it doesn’t need to be fair.

There are 13 objectives on each BL map, not including sentries, and the majority of players group up and fight at 2. Again, group size limited to 5 players, boons limited to 5 players, AoE limited to 5 players, the majority of siege can be built by 5 or fewer players, majority of actual players play in blobs of 20+.

I get what you are saying, but Jscull did call out SF specifically so, ya.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: KyoHanakaze.8145

KyoHanakaze.8145

I’ve noticed alot of rude people from NSP and SF both… (not so much HoD honestly so kudos to you) i must say i’ve lost some respect for ICE and called their members out in say to stop acting like goons… but on the same hand i see XOXO, who are putting up good fights and i respect their skill as a guild, doing the same to not only ICE who was being rude but to Gore, my guild, who are urging our people to be the better person, ICE was also talking obscinities in map chat and someone from NSP who was transfered spying told the thief who he was talking about about it and they started a flame war in whisper, also showing the disrespect of NSP putting people on our server to report our movements… Lets stop all this hate, stop jumping and dancing on corpses, and stop all the obscene smack talking…

House of Gorethorium [Gore] respects any guild who can put up a great fight XOXO, NSP (guild), VLK, Os, namely are the ones i’ve seen. You must respect and honor your enemies so that they may have a chance to drink with Odin in Valhalla.

TL:DR Stop the hate, start the competition

The Valhalla reference made me chuckle, because we went norse with VLK. Don’t worry, the Valkyries will take you home

HoD/Valkyria Immortalis[VLK]
Iverna//Ranger
Adrienne Stormborn//Elementalist

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Something to point out here that I mentioned in another thread. When SF took our Bay keep yesterday and were at the north inner gate of the keep, we had FULL AOE circles (you know those red things you are supposed to roll out of) well within the keep as far back as the steps going down to the Lord’s Room. Now I later went and tried to duplicate those circles, even by going as far as placing ACs where SF had theirs, but to no avail. I tried a Ranger, a Mesmer, An Ele and still could not duplicate those full AoE circles that far into the inner keep with the gate up.

Now there may be a possible explanation but be warned that we did take screenshots. The sad but irrefutable fact is that if someone in your zerg was cheating by using a PoV modifier hack, then the WHOLE zerg, all 50+, are complicit and at the risk of being banned.

I do not mind losing a fair and honest fight but I will do everything I can to catch and report cheaters. Now again I am not saying that is what occurred in this case, as again I may have missed something. If I did I would appreciate your input.

Theftwind (HoD)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please stay on topic, be respectful and keep the discussion constructive. Thank you.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

D W.5179

About corpse dancing, it’s going to happen. Especially if people have a grudge against another. Although if I have a grudge against you: I will spike you, if I honour you I will attack you while you suffer on the ground until you drop dead, if I see that you have great potential I will allow you to live.

@Flerch.4817
Was a fun duel to watch. To be honest my spec and build are really bad for small groups, 1v1-5v5. Or else I would have tried to duel you. Our zerg gets pretty big when randoms start following us, but we like to look for the most action and so do they.

Maybe, in the future we can have a drink of tea, chat, then rip each other apart.

Good post Verras, and a good point on the build bit at the end. When I want to duel, and want to duel somebody outside of our server, I go to WvW, but in my dueling gear, which is a bit closer to what I would enter sPvP in. We do have plenty of 5 – 10 man guilds on SF, but most of them find that they like the sPvP gameplay more, as it’s more suitable to their size.
My most memorable moments, and some of the most fun I’ve had in WvW have been when we fight ZvZ. Sometimes our numbers are larger, sometimes they are smaller. We win some and we lose some, but the battles are always fun.
If you’re not having fun, move on to something else.

(edited by D W.5179)

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Punch.4231

I get it, and I don’t disagree.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Something to point out here that I mentioned in another thread. When SF took our Bay keep yesterday and were at the north inner gate of the keep, we had FULL AOE circles (you know those red things you are supposed to roll out of) well within the keep as far back as the steps going down to the Lord’s Room. Now I later went and tried to duplicate those circles, even by going as far as placing ACs where SF had theirs, but to no avail. I tried a Ranger, a Mesmer, An Ele and still could not duplicate those full AoE circles that far into the inner keep with the gate up.

Now there may be a possible explanation but be warned that we did take screenshots. The sad but irrefutable fact is that if someone in your zerg was cheating by using a PoV modifier hack, then the WHOLE zerg, all 50+, are complicit and at the risk of being banned.

I do not mind losing a fair and honest fight but I will do everything I can to catch and report cheaters. Now again I am not saying that is what occurred in this case, as again I may have missed something. If I did I would appreciate your input.

But, isn’t that what you are saying? There is no other way to say it, unfortunately. Might be a hack, might be superior siege (which we love to use). Do not step around it, you are calling it hacking. Report it, PM someone from SF. Posting here does nothing besides inflame people.

And before you all pile on, I am not saying it was or wasn’t a hack. I seriously doubt it but you never know.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

silverfire.2547

@Theftwind.8976:

I’ve only seen this happen accidentally, but leaving a zone during a world boss event beginning or ending during the time when the camera zooms in or out to boss mode has occasionally left my camera in Boss Mode in LA.

It stands to reason that someone might have found a way to get this to stick around in WvW as well. I’ve already emailed bug reports about it, but at least it doesn’t seem as deterministically abusable as the camera zoom persistence that the Mad King dugeon left everyone with, especially since you’re limited to world boss spawn timers to try to get it to glitch.

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Flerch.4817

Flerch.4817

@Flerch.4817

Nothing like a good cup of tea to go with ripping each other to shreds. I’ll bring the pastries.

Timada Thief|Poof Poof Bang Mesmer
Daklap Elementalist|Man Crushin Thighs Warrior
XOXO|NSP

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: Silk.8302

Silk.8302

That is easily possible we do it all the time, and here is how you do it, you place arrow cart right outside the gate actually on the grass behind the gate a bit, then look through the opening that is above the game at an angle where you can see the floor now proceed to lay down arrows on your foe. If you still do not get it maybe I can make a video of it. Oh btw way this is for inner northgate @ bay

Server|Fort Aspenwood
Guild|Players Killing Players[PVP]
IGN|Sammy Eli

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Varconi.1804

Fact #2. See Fact #1

LOL, wow, you can’t even troll good. Like I said in my first line, not fact at all.

1. You fall right into number and cheating. Exactly my point, thank you for proving it.
2. Yup, see 1.

Seriously, is there a troll school where they teach bad grammar and how to misspell words? You must have been on the Honor Roll.

“you can’t even troll good.”

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Posted by: osif.8673

osif.8673

Why play then?

I think those answers are fitting

Miller Time – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Not Just A Goodtime – 80 Asura Warrior
[PAXA]

4/5 HoD/NSP/SF

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Fact #2. See Fact #1

2. Yup, see 1.

“you can’t even troll good.”

Thank you