Arrowcarts [merged]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

They’re on a good way to be like EA.
This patch is for WvW absolutely terrible.

This^

Do you want this article to be about you ANet? Nerf AC and unnerf RTL!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/electronic-arts-worst-company-consumerist_n_3052000.html

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

They’re on a good way to be like EA.
This patch is for WvW absolutely terrible.

This^

Do you want this article to be about you ANet? Nerf AC and unnerf RTL!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/electronic-arts-worst-company-consumerist_n_3052000.html

Ow come of it. Really? Giving 80% dmg boost to Arrowcarts makes Anet a worst company than those banks gambling your money away? Than those investment speculators? Or those big petrol companies and their environmental disasters?

Seriously…. What a joke your grip on reality is.

But WvW is being abandoned by hardcore players, and turned more and more casual and mindless blob friendly each and every patch. There are already DEAD tiers, and its only getting worst.

Bad PR for sure.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

The fact that a push on a Bay last night required both sides to deploy multiple arrow carts just shows how kitten this buff/change to Arrow Carts is. Rams are pretty much useless with the new Arrow Carts. The enemy didn’t even bother deploying any, despite having 4 arrow carts pummeling the inner wall with fire. The threw up some catapults and player vs door’d for a bit before our own Arrow Carts forced them to retreat. Without Arrow Carts, they would’ve surely made it inside the keep but this patch literally turned pushing into keeps/towers into 20-45 min long sieges.

Sieging is not fun.

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Noosfer.4875

Noosfer.4875

If so many dedicated WvW players and guilds are slacking, complaining and just quitting the game, there must be something wrong in the AC patch.

Only the easymoders like a “peaceful” evening sitting on an AC and waiting for bags incoming.

The pace of the game is plain boring ATM. The next reset is key for the future of WvW. Hopefuly a fix comes in time.

Single-handed Mexican-Vietnamese mercenary. Now fighting for Piken Square, tomorrow, who knows?
Tons of chars. If only one day I manage to guess how to play any of them, I will post it here

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: icey.7368

icey.7368

I haven’t been able to read 44 pages .. Has the DEVs said something about the Ac after spending 5 hours getting walls down at a keep draining supply’s and trebling endlessly I don’t think many more nights … I don’t think it’s possible to get certan tower/ keeps without spending 8hour+ sigeing them ?

[YaK] Gandara EU- WvW officer
SeverGvG: www.ThisIsGandara.com

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Theres two major issues with the new arrow-carts, and Anet shot themselves in the leg:

1) They indirectly buffed the side with more coverage( like this was needed ), because they have the advantage of more T3 structures which they now can fill with imba arrowcarts.

2) They encourage zerging even more since there’s no way a small roamer group can take a paper tower now with 2/3 arrowcarts in it.

They encourage zerging more because you need that many people to hold supply to build up the Trebs and ACs needed to counter the defenders ACs.
A small group running supply back and forth would not only take forever but leave their siege vulnerable to attack while the majority of them were running the supply.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

I’m quite enjoying the buff to arrowcarts. It’s forced myself and the small groups I play with in WvW to implement new tactics to overcome something that’s actually quite dangerous now. The buff probably is a bit too strong, but I’m liking how things have been changed up suddenly. Maybe the damage increase shouldn’t be applied to siege weapons?

I agree w/ this guy. I don’t see what the problem is. This change is making it much harder to PvDoor. It’s forcing teams to try new things. And note, towers, keeps, and castles are still flipping in WvW. It hasn’t broken anything. I’m liking it very much. Devs, please keep it!!

yesterday we took our enemy’s T3 garrison with 2 groups of 10 ~ 15 players . total ~30 players or less and the enemy had all their forces inside garrison with full support of aroow carts ( we fought in shadows from the arrows ).

some of our mates downed from arrow carts but the heavy armor players rezzed them quick.

the whole operation last after 35 minutes …. it is still to small time to capture a full upgrade tower with too few players against .

for all the haters of the new changes i will inform them again that the arrow cart buff +80% damage is ONLY when the server is outnumbered and i feel it is fair if devs want help the servers from late night / early morning small groups-fast run capers AND if they want play other games until devs reduce the power of arrow carts ( personal , i dont think devs will change anything , because it is nothing broken here except the damage that ac do against other sieges ) i propose to start playing some strategy games because strategy games make brain stronger or try to find new tactics against the new situation

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Guys, time to move to the newest thing they’ve added to ruin our WvW experience. TRAPS

I’m not even kidding.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Traps-Get-More-Out-of-WvW/first

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

for all the haters of the new changes i will inform them again that the arrow cart buff +80% damage is ONLY when the server is outnumbered and i feel it is fair if devs want help the servers from late night / early morning small groups-fast run capers AND if they want play other games until devs reduce the power of arrow carts ( personal , i dont think devs will change anything , because it is nothing broken here except the damage that ac do against other sieges ) i propose to start playing some strategy games because strategy games make brain stronger or try to find new tactics against the new situation

I would like to direct you to the recent patch. The 80% change is not to outmanned servers, its to EVERY sever whether outmanned or not.

World vs. World

Updated confusion and retaliation effects to do the same damage as they do in sPvP.
Added a buff to display time remaining before siege weapons are destroyed from inactivity.
Siege sites are now destroyed 2 minutes after being placed if they receive no supply.
Increased arrow-cart damage:
Increased Fire damage by 80%.
Increased Fire Crippling Arrows damage by 17%.
Increased Fire Barbed Arrows damage by 60% and increased the Bleed duration to 15^^seconds.

Please inform yourself more adequately next time.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

Okay, remember to put up traps so they can’t put up trebs trebbing your ac, ac’ing your rams, ramming the door. Unless ofcourse people put up traps, before the traps are being put up. Then the trappers will be trapped and when the trappers are trapped they’ll be susceptible to acs which is hopefully not getting trebbed or catapulted because the ac should have ac’ed those first.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Kebab.4013

trap the trebs trebbing the traps.

I like this patch.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Kebab, you just reached the level of planning of Sosuke Aizen. Grats, you are now insane!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Avenge.1478

Avenge.1478

Getting tired of being forced into long range sieging of objectives.
Sure you can take out the ACs in AOE/counter-AC positions, but the ACs placed behind doors that you can’t hit? Yeah, good luck ever dropping a ram ever again.

I find myself dropping more catas and trebs than I can keep up with monetarily. It works don’t get me wrong, but rendering my rams and golems useless because of overpowered ACs that can’t be taken out? Come on. Where’s the tactics and strategy in that. I don’t mind prepping and desieging an enemy objective for 20 minutes, but if I have to set up a couple of trebs (many times being open field on the borderlands) and babysitting them for 25 minutes as well just to take NW/NE towers or hills.. I’m definitely going to get bored out of my mind and I can’t blame my guild when they get bored as well spending one hour taking a tower :p

And before you troll, when there’s 5 ACs and around 20 enemies guardian a tower, long range is your only option

~ [DN] Digital Nemesis ~ Tarnished Coast ~
Commander Guardian of Rall :: Norn Guardian
Commander Getting Hammered :: Charr Warrior

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Reborn.2934

I would like to direct you to the recent patch. The 80% change is not to outmanned servers, its to EVERY sever whether outmanned or not.

World vs. World

Updated confusion and retaliation effects to do the same damage as they do in sPvP.
Added a buff to display time remaining before siege weapons are destroyed from inactivity.
Siege sites are now destroyed 2 minutes after being placed if they receive no supply.
Increased Fire Barbed Arrows damage by 60% and increased the Bleed duration to 15^^seconds.

i will take your advice because i didn’t took time to read the whole notes and other players in this thread said that and i trapped and i will propose to devs that they there is plenty room to do it +100% damage to arrow carts and all sieges in outnumbered buff.

arrow carts still not doing any serious damage to a level 1 siege bunker . i can’t wait to see what will happen in level 5 siege bunker

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

World vs. World

i will take your advice because i didn’t took time to read the whole notes and other players in this thread said that and i trapped and i will propose to devs that they there is plenty room to do it +100% damage to arrow carts and all sieges in outnumbered buff.

arrow carts still not doing any serious damage to a level 1 siege bunker . i can’t wait to see what will happen in level 5 siege bunker

Level 1 siege bunker removes 1% of the damage.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Reborn.2934

and level 5 reduces 5% . so ?

until now i and my mates near me never die from ac’s whatever ac force we faced . downed some , but rezzed inside combat .

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

until now i and my mates near me never die from ac’s whatever ac force we faced . downed some , but rezzed inside combat .

He’s telling you how useless siege bunker is. 5% is nothing, it is not worth anything.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mortemp.6319

Mortemp.6319

He’s telling you how useless siege bunker is. 5% is nothing, it is not worth anything.

lets ignore the fact there is a siege mastery buff that makes siege do 5 percent more damage by itself and makes that buff completely void as well…

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Reborn.2934

look you and aneu and the next guy that will come from guild Votf to quote me.

if until now after 7 months in the game we are not know how to avoid the damage or the usage of the skills , we must not blame arenanet because the did some changes to right direction about arrow carts.

i have a mesmser friend that had 100 blueprints of every siege except arrow carts …. now he has some , because now ac damage matters as an anti infantry siege .

the situation now .

i will put 5% @ siege bunker and someone put 5% to siege might . i will still survive because i am not pressing only the 1 key button and nothing else in the game. i will use mace,shield or focus to support the medium and light armor guys as a guardian and i will use wall of reflection or hold the line or any skill that will help my mates to survive of the ac damage until we successful place our sieges for the attack … then the try continues …. never stopping , else we will fail .

attacking siege structures like keeps and towers means the usage of siege to be important not useless ( where ac just scratch the armor of everyone like was before before patch ) , else ask from arenanet to remove the structures and make the www a wow arena ….

finally , this is what we want specially your guild Votf want ?

the wxp ranks give to the players that spend time in www the ability to be better than the other that just start playing and this is good. besides all , gw2 is a mmo and not bf3 or cod fps pvp game and character progression must matters..

before patch i could dominate a camp alone .now i can’t because i have not spend any wxp to the proper level of wxp rank. when i will spend and i still cant dominate them i will try to find a way to do it , not to blame because they did guards more powerfull….

this is how it goes in every mmo out there.

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

the wxp ranks give to the players that spend time in www the ability to be better than the other that just start playing and this is good. besides all , gw2 is a mmo and not bf3 or cod fps pvp game and character progression must matters..

before patch i could dominate a camp alone .now i can’t because i have not spend any wxp to the proper level of wxp rank. when i will spend and i still cant dominate them i will try to find a way to do it , not to blame because they did guards more powerfull….

And this is how ANet said repeatedly their game wasn’t going to be.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

look you and aneu and the next guy that will come from guild Votf to quote me.

if until now after 7 months in the game we are not know how to avoid the damage or the usage of the skills , we must not blame arenanet because the did some changes to right direction about arrow carts.

i have a mesmser friend that had 100 blueprints of every siege except arrow carts …. now he has some , because now ac damage matters as an anti infantry siege .

the situation now .

i will put 5% @ siege bunker and someone put 5% to siege might . i will still survive because i am not pressing only the 1 key button and nothing else in the game. i will use mace,shield or focus to support the medium and light armor guys as a guardian and i will use wall of reflection or hold the line or any skill that will help my mates to survive of the ac damage until we successful place our sieges for the attack … then the try continues …. never stopping , else we will fail .

attacking siege structures like keeps and towers means the usage of siege to be important not useless ( where ac just scratch the armor of everyone like was before before patch ) , else ask from arenanet to remove the structures and make the www a wow arena ….

finally , this is what we want specially your guild Votf want ?

Wow, we were using arrowcarts before this buff already and we were using it to great effect because it was already so strong. Don’t know why your mesmerfriend did not have 100 blueprints of those. That was nothing short of a very big mistake on his part.

About your wvw character progression, listen to Genev, she is right. That is the opposite of what it was going to be. The reason leveling and gearing is so extremily easy is because it allows for people to quickly join WvW and be on the same level as the others. They took that away with the new arrow cart masteries. (The old ranks were completely useless, as they should be)

We enjoy having the structures in WvW. If those structures are there to get fights going instead of avoiding them.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: domingosp.8643

domingosp.8643

increased carriage damage arrows = delete gw2

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

The amount of people/guilds quitting GW2 makes me sad
Such a shame A-NET doesn’t realise what PvPers want/ask for..

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Devon said they were going to make some chnges to the AC buff “quickly”…. maybe they are taking a holistc approach about it…..

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Defending was never hard, if you had siege and people in the tower/keep “prior” to the enemy force arriving, even before the patch. Now, I see only “build arrow carts” in team chat. We build them in towers, we build them in keeps, we build them on the field, we build them in the NPC camps… I guess this buff to the ACs(and the skill tree is ridiculous too) really balanced them, thank you…. NOT!

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

this game is now even more boring than i thought possible. you could at least release more fun social items for us to use while we stand around outside of arrowcart range.

who was the genius who thought this up anyway? clearly a dungeon master.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

Arrow carts are fine. With exception of broken zoom/zoom hack there is no problems with them. I cant believe people that call themselves experienced WvWers complain about such silly things as need to counter enemy siege weapons. Too used to routine of running around in zerg and smashing doors?

Arrow carts right now are nothing. Try to remember how hard it was taking SM at release when boss was on top, and enemy placed dozens ballistas/carts and even catapults on top? And people still took it every time, still beat whatever defenses were build there.

I cant believe current generation is such crybabies that complain about not being able to stand in arrow cart circle unpunished. Thats the purpose of siege weapons, they are there for a reason. Now up Ballistas damage so they`ll be not a joke, improve treb anti-personel damage to one shot groups (its not like you cant see a projectile flying to you from 10 miles away) and add buildable Siege Towers that allow some degree of protection from raining arrows and bolts.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

kitten, AC really should drop lootbags thesedays

Lothem

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Haha, I said the same thing in our matchup thread. I don’t think anyone would complain about them if that was the case. :P

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Caliban.3176

Defending was never hard, if you had siege and people in the tower/keep “prior” to the enemy force arriving, even before the patch.

Indeed, thank you.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I wanna thank Anet for curing my WvW addiction with these arrow carts. Before the April 30th patch I would play WvW all the time. I’d hurry home to get back online, would check score updates obsessively, and had a blast. WvW was fun, epic and rewarding so it got addictive fast. Once the arrow carts came in with their insane damage WvW has been incredibly annoying and frustrating. I’ve been playing less and less until last night when I starting avoiding Gw2 altogether. Now I have more time for other games and my family. I’m getting more work done and I have Anet to thank. After this disastrous patch killed the meta game, I got my life back. Much appreciated.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Reborn.2934

haha , i want my loot bags from destroying arrow carts too

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Haqiang.6480

Haqiang.6480

Hmmm arrowcart, zergs……..Am I the only one thinking of Starcraft 1????

Siege Tank (Arrowcart), Choke point, zergling (players, obviously if you call it a zerg) ? pools of zergling blood on the ground.

So to counter Siege Tank, cough… cough AC, we’ll need
-air unit (unpossible….duh),
-charging zealots (which Siege tank do half damage to),
-Ultralisk (huge hp pool, move fast, not golem obviously),
-or…. just other Siege Tanks like in Terran vs Terran (what we are currently doing right now)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: TacoJoe.6083

TacoJoe.6083

I wanna thank Anet for curing my WvW addiction with these arrow carts. Before the April 30th patch I would play WvW all the time. I’d hurry home to get back online, would check score updates obsessively, and had a blast. WvW was fun, epic and rewarding so it got addictive fast. Once the arrow carts came in with their insane damage WvW has been incredibly annoying and frustrating. I’ve been playing less and less until last night when I starting avoiding Gw2 altogether. Now I have more time for other games and my family. I’m getting more work done and I have Anet to thank. After this disastrous patch killed the meta game, I got my life back. Much appreciated.

This^

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

The damage is good, but the range buff after you get upgrade is bad.

High damage + big range = OP

For comparison:
Ballista: 3000 range, need target, can be obstructed, only damage 10 people
AC: 1200 range (after upgrade, someone said 3000 range), does not need target, dont care about obstructed thing, damage 50 people.

Reduce the range, skill should upgrade the range not more than 1%.

(edited by deviller.9135)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Siege Tank (Arrowcart), Choke point, zergling (players, obviously if you call it a zerg) ? pools of zergling blood on the ground.

-or…. just other Siege Tanks like in Terran vs Terran (what we are currently doing right now)

Or … A nuke: (will never happen)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Or … A nuke: (will never happen)

Costs 400 gems, soulbound.

Seriously though 25k views 2k+ posts im not digging though it all, has anyone from anet at least acknowledged that this buff needs to get re-looked at? I see they acknowledged the fact it needed to get merged, so surely they know…

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

As a member of a small guild who does 99.9% wvw activites, we would like to thank Arena Net for giving us a reason to try and defend towers/keeps/forts. As previous DaoC players we appreciate what Epic wvw battles can be, and watching zergballs take keeps in under a minute is NOT it. Im sure there will be a vocal minority desperate for wvw exp who can only think of how they are inconvenienced by having to think, or use counter siege. But on behalf of the silent majority, I would like to say…. suck it up princess.
I would like to see the carts damage become immune on a keep door however as it seems silly that AC’s should take place of rams.

I appreciate the sentiment that small groups can now defend keeps. However, small groups taking keeps is now generally impossible if there is one person with an AC there built in an inaccessible place.

Also the general slowdown and stalemate of action the AC buff has introduced, has also made small group work tougher. Previously, the big enemy zergs were moving around, and you could avoid them. Now they tend to camp out near objectives, and that includes camps. You have to wait until people go to bed to do anything.

Also, moving power from player character skills to inanimate siege is a big problem. If Anet wanted to change play to this degree, they should have found some way to give actual classes that power (though in a gatedway, like AC’s, so it couldn’t be spammed).

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pod.2769

Pod.2769

The AC patch is bad

Almost unanimously the people I’ve spoken with are irritated or downright angry about the arrow cart changes.

For me the worst part is that is has made WvW less fun and slow. If something is making your game unfun for the community (majority) I’d rather not be given the finger and told to adjust my tactics.

Surely there were better ways to break up the zerg (if that was the goal) than just motivating people not to play.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

The AC patch is bad

Almost unanimously the people I’ve spoken with are irritated or downright angry about the arrow cart changes.

For me the worst part is that is has made WvW less fun and slow. If something is making your game unfun for the community (majority) I’d rather not be given the finger and told to adjust my tactics.

Surely there were better ways to break up the zerg (if that was the goal) than just motivating people not to play.

Introduce [Overmanned]:

There are too many people in your group, the stinky breath and loud farts are reducing morale!

-50% Magic find
-10% Experience
-10% World Experience
Two armor pieces are damaged on Death instead of one.

Will trigger if there are more than 25 people of the same server in a radius of 3000

That’s going to break the Zergs right there

Into smaller zergs waiting in estafet

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Reborn.2934

The AC patch is bad

Introduce [Overmanned]:

There are too many people in your group, the stinky breath and loud farts are reducing morale!

-50% Magic find
-10% Experience
-10% World Experience
Two armor pieces are damaged on Death instead of one.

Will trigger if there are more than 25 people of the same server in a radius of 3000

That’s going to break the Zergs right there

Into smaller zergs waiting in estafet

but what will happen in stonemist /garrison /keep /tower battles ? nobody will want fight inside an area that will loose more than these that will gain.

i will say it again , a) only the damage on other sieges is really broken with arrowcarts and b) the spam build one ac next to other in big numbers that multiply so much the damage .

until they address and fix these issues , i will propose to anet to reverse the patch about the arrow carts . bring back the willingness to players to fight again in www , i have noticed many commanders are boring with this siege war.

i had noticed with a thread that the capture of an t3 keep must be a hard situation (and not a 5 minutes job ) but the overuse of arrow carts it is not funny too .make stronger the t3 and t3 npc and not the sieges. this is going the www to wrong direction.

p.s. an advise to game designers .

don’t bring news and updates that you have not completed and full tested .you must not change in drastic way the gameplay ( like almost double damage of the arrow carts ( x0,8 is almost double ) or like traps ) . mmo players are not so patient with drastic changes in gameplay . you will judged a lot and hard and finally is that you that will remain “damaged” in “downed” position after debate !!!

remember swtor and aoc …. their real doom strated after problems in siege area that both had . the player base that do pve and pvp is the strongest community on the internet and they can make a game to return from success to the failure ….. very easy.

take serious my words for your own good ….

(edited by Reborn.2934)

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Still the promised “quick” changes have not been implemted…Devon was obviously not teeling us the exact truth when he said hey would do something “quickly”. Time to make good on your words developers.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Still the promised “quick” changes have not been implemted…

Quick is a relative term. We still have ongoing Engineer related bugs dating back to beta… If the normal reaction time is counted in several months, then the “quick” version would be a month to two :P

If anything, they will change something on 14 May (Southsun Cove patch).

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Falassion.8031

Falassion.8031

AC now are very annoying but ehi, to conquer a Tower\Keep we need a bit more work than run in 20 players and put 2 rams.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

The fact that it’s all about trebs to take anything is just one of the many issues. The major issue is the mentality this AC patch has brought. Everyone lurks around their own towers, within the safe protection of their ACs. If, however, they dare to venture out, it’s in a massive zerg. In any large and somewhat challanging openfield battle, one side will usually drop one or two superior ACs down and then win.
It’s lame as hell.

Sif Urkraft

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Even openfields battle are now “run to a keep behind AC” or “drop arrow carts” and build it faster than others, awesome.

Red Guard [RG]

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Kebab.4013

Even openfields battle are now “run to a keep behind AC” or “drop arrow carts” and build it faster than others, awesome.

In all honesty not everybody drop arrowcarts in keeps, several people seem content just dropping the arrowcarts in open field

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

One solution could be to up the purchasing cost and supply cost of arrow carts so less folks bought them. Make them the most expensive and time consuming thing to build in the game. Even higher than golems. I’m thinking 5 gold each and tons of supply. And change the skin so they look more deadly. They ’re just too cheap and fast to build now. Or you could always reduce the insane damage and ridiculous range. Either one.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Give them an ammunition limit.

Arrowcarts [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

IMO it’s the range that bothers me. Basically if you are inside mortar range you are in deadly AC range or at least if you are trying to use cats, ballista, or AC’s. Kill the mortars you say? Okay, I’ll build a treb (100 supply and 24 silver) to kill an AC (30 supply and 6 silver). It’s the range that is OP to me. I can actually deal with the damage % buff but the range is stupid. Put AC’s on the east keep and it is impossible to take as long as there are a couple defenders running the AC’s. I’m all for defensive buffs before offensive but the range on the AC has flipped the advantage too far to defense. I’m still unsure about the damage % buff b/c I really hate when a group of 60+ guys just don’t even bother with siege and auto attack the door till it falls. The new damage buff to AC’s has really helped to mitigate this and help outmanned teams hold structures better.

This is just my observation over the last week from Tier 6 and I’m sure the meta is different for the higher tiers which makes balancing siege a lot harder then we all think. A buff to damage helps servers in lower tiers b/c we don’t always have the best coverage around the clock. However, I feel that the range buff is on the AC’s is universally OP across all tiers as it neutralizes catapults for the most part.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend