Bugged WvsW limits/queues on European servers

in WvW

Posted by: Wanna.7153

Wanna.7153

No News? so WvW population in europe is not big enough to get attention from Anet?

in WvW

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

Bug? I think, this is a decision, not a bug.
New transfers, with money + Population decline on the map + Increase queues + Tired people in the queues + Population will change for little server, because queues =

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

We have the same problem too - we got queues far before the primetime starts - at 5 p.m. GMT :/

Or... Or they decreased maximum limit for the WWW? Lol, very "good" solution for the culling problem instead of just sit and write new good engine...

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Writing engine isn’t so easy. Takes years. Besides, should of seen that coming when u transferred :> I’m sure as hell many would be glad to welcome you to a lower tier server, where a queue shows on 1 map tops, during primetime and is maybe 5-10mins long

Still, either a fail decision or a huge bug. Neither is good. I’m often 30 vs 50+ and I know for sure that there’s nobody on map (scouts, bl is whole under enemy control). And theres a queue. Doesn’t matter it’s short, we’re medium vs very high / full and we get blocked like this -.-’.

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Posted by: Melkiah.2496

Melkiah.2496

Lately i found myself waiting in queue even on maps where we were controlling no objectives at all. It’s pretty much unlikely that map had 150 afk players or even that they couldn’t even capture a supply camp. Seriously, WTF?

Melkiah Soulreaper
VII Guild
Elementalist

in WvW

Wanna.7153

Nice troll

Beside that, Anet, we need an answer or at least something that shows your are taking this seriouly.

in WvW

Posted by: andyj.5809

andyj.5809

I like how Anet infracted the OP for a legitimate complaint.

I’ve not played wvw all week because I don’t have the patience to sit on one character for 2 hours, not being able to go into any other significant content in-case my queue pops.

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Why not merge this thread?????

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Queues-for-WvW-The-Official-Thread/page/6#post1347109

I want this fixed Arenanet…….if this is true….you let many guilds waiting for nothing.

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

(edited by Dalure.4691)

in WvW

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

3 AM, 2 nights ago and there was queues to 2 out of 4 BL down in Euro tier 4 where there’s no night coverage?

Something is definitly wrong somewhere, us (Gandara) and AR all got dumped into the same overflow after an update so we know there were 17 of us and 12 of them over all 4 BL maps after chatting while we waited to get back in. We also saw 8 or 9 Arbourstone when we went back in and took their Garrison.

I hope Anet discover what’s causing this bug and fix this soon becasue it’s killing off server communities, and if it’s the same everywhere in the top 5 tiers, they will have no choice but leave to another game. PS have been hit particularly hard by it and us on Gandara are starting to feel the strain.

Property of Gandara EU

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Writing engine isn’t so easy. Takes years.

They promised us massive battles. And I bought this game only for massive battles.

So I didn’t care about their problems now.

Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

in WvW

Posted by: Jomg.9061

Jomg.9061

So Anet, what about an answers and a fix ?

Are you going to wait for weeks when this should be your top priorities ?

Or is it true, you guys organise this queue increase to get more money on paid transfers ?

Pervx [DEX]

in WvW

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Same for Aurora Glade, every server constantly queued no matter how many on the map.

Started last Friday, still happening now.

in WvW

Posted by: Gramark.6583

Gramark.6583

Same thing in Vizunah Square : queue and not many on the map…

Anet say something … You are trying to fix the bug ??

(edited by Gramark.6583)

in WvW

Posted by: vipeout.2485

vipeout.2485

Writing engine isn’t so easy. Takes years.

They promised us massive battles. And I bought this game only for massive battles.

So I didn’t care about their problems now.

I want massive battles too. I only play WWW. Thing is it’s impossible for them to write the engine all over again. Fixing it is more likely. Still, they released the game far too early and everybody knows it.

I really hope they’re trolling with the infracted status and it’s all gonna be fixed in Feb.

Same thing in Vizunah Square : queue and not many on the map…

Anet say something … You are trying to fix the bug ??

Not many on the map on Vizu? That’s new ^^

Piken Square | Xiana [XT]

in WvW

Wanna.7153

Still no info, Anet don’t care?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ll put this here too .. I would hope that Anet pushes off the “official reset” match week until this is fixed. It’s apparent there is a serious issue, and if we go into a week with this bug, all server’s representative “strength” will not be accurately counted.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

SilverWF.4789

Is EU players bought not enough number of the game clients? Is the EU players buying not enough number of gems?

Arena, please, buy new more powerful servers for EU and rent more wider internet! Don’t you see our pain?

in WvW

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

I’ve notice this problem too. Two nights ago in one borderland we only had max of 50-60 players and there was a long 15-30 min ques. Some players were waiting on que while others just portaled in without que.

in WvW

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Anet droped the ball on this one, not only this “reworked” culling fix is has bad has the last 1 week “culling fix”, were you have friendly culling in a group of 10-15, people 5 meters in front of you disapearing and on top of that there is a clear bug related with map queues, or worse then that, the map caps are lowered, hopefully because of some bug introduced by new patch.

One can only hope devs stop “sweeping under the carpet”.

in WvW

Posted by: Jomg.9061

Jomg.9061

Let’s keep bumping this until we get an acceptable answers/fix

Pervx [DEX]

in WvW

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Where is this expectation of 166 players per map coming from? Any source on this, like a quote from devs?

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

But i cant say if there are really 100+ ppl per map>

Would be really nice to see some numbers of how many ppl your own server have for each map, but dont show the enemy numbers cause that will make things unfair.

And a number to see how many ppl are waiting in Queue

Sadly I have to disagree with having a indicator on how many of your people are on a map. Because even if that number of players on the map info was not shown to the enemy teams (lets say your server is green team), they (red and/or blue teams) could just use spies to find out. They (the spies), could then report when green team’s population suddenly jumped from about 12 (because green team owns the whole map), to 60 because red is attacking your borderlands in full force. “The green zerg has arrived! They brought 60 people!”

So while a population indicator would be nice, it would just end up getting used for the wrong reasons.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Question for you guys.. how are you accurately counting the number of players in a map?

seems like outside of ppl afk in citadel and whoever reports in through chat, it would be incredibly hard to account for all the players roaming, fighting in the pve camps, doing the JP, etc..

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Noosfer.4875

Noosfer.4875

After more than 24 hours all we get is a warning to the OP.

Different people, different servers but the same issue. What else do you need to react?

Is ANet really looking after their WvW community? Don´t we deserve an answer, if a quick solution is not possible?

Single-handed Mexican-Vietnamese mercenary. Now fighting for Piken Square, tomorrow, who knows?
Tons of chars. If only one day I manage to guess how to play any of them, I will post it here

in WvW

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

We should at least have information about how many people queueing, and what position we are in the queue. Such things are basic.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

This is bugged on BG at the very least at least, unless we have some very, very dedicated hardcore players on every map. A good number of us have been stuck in queue for hours, and the people on the inside do not report nearly the same numbers of people on map.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I have a screenshot that proves that a player who logs out of the game without first leaving WvW leaves a dot on the minimap even though his character is gone. This makes me strongly suspect that the game is still counting those people as being in the match even though they are not. If enough of these accumulate, the queues would naturally get very long.

This is very easy to duplicate, by the way. Simply party up with someone, have them stand next to you, and then have them log out of the game without first leaving WvW.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

we have que in BL with 50 people in it… this game jsut gets better and better!

in WvW

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

I am seeing the exact same issue regarding queues. The queues on my server Deso at prime time have went from 10 to 20 minutes max to at least 1-2 hours now, at first I thought it was a huge influx of players from free transfer.

But when I dive onto the map the numbers just don’t add up, there is what seems like no more than 60 people max. Wither the culling issue tweak has somehow limited people in WvW to imaginary make it appear better as less folk means less culling but I am definitely not seeing the numbers that were previously in WvW.

But there is something definitely up with the queuing system either its still picking up people who have dc’d as being in map or there is an issue somewhere else. Either way if it was only 1 or 2 people noticing an issue you would dismiss it but with this many people noticing an evident problem then there is obviously something not right.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

(edited by Scarran.9845)

in WvW

Posted by: Sjet.7092

Sjet.7092

I think a simple “we are looking into it” at this point would put alot of minds at ease. I for one want to know whats going on. This is a massive problem, and obviously has surfaced since the patch.

Macharial | The Unlikely Plan [TUP] | Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

Here’s a step towards working with the WvW community: give us a command to count total number of persons in the zone. I played many games that provided such a command so you could see if you were out-manned or of certain strategies were available to you. If ANet did that we could get true counts.

in WvW

Vena.8436

This is beyond silly, we have queues to empty BLs and EBG is half full if that. Our “zergs” are maybe ten people. Guilds cannot deploy because they get stuck in bullkitten queues.

At this point, just keep all five of these threads at the top of the forum until someone responds.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Why the kitten has the OP been infracted?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

No News? so WvW population in europe is not big enough to get attention from Anet?

The US servers are functioning the same way as well right now, long queues and empty maps.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Yep, form our French CM : “This is not a bug”

https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-file-d-attente-McM/first#post120697

So if it’s really not a bug, it’s pretty amazing that Anet make 0 comm in some things like that..

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

Just wondering.. Why was the original post infracted? The post seems to be asking a legit question regarding an issue with the queue.

in WvW

Posted by: Vohnnyan.4058

Vohnnyan.4058

Yep, form our French CM : “This is not a bug”

https://forum-fr.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-file-d-attente-McM/first#post120697

So if it’s really not a bug, it’s pretty amazing that Anet make 0 comm in some things like that..

If its not a bug, anet intentionally reduced map caps, and therefore the queues are longer.

If this is like this, great work to whoever made this decision, I hope you realise how damaging this is for the game, in time.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I do wonder what the population cap for Eternal is now, we also have to share with JP’ers.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

This is happening on US servers too, we need a response Anet. We’ve counted, we’ve all joined squads and counted that way. We’ve counted on Vent, we’ve counted in chat (I don’t know if you’ve noticed but Kaineng’s population loves to talk).

Also, I tossed up speed boosts and scouted our maps – counting green dots on the mini map to avoid culling issues – for people that weren’t following our commanders, while the queue bugs were obviously in effect. I’m willing to admit I may have missed 5 or 10 (or even 20 moving very fast :P). Not 80-100 though. Not happening.

General results show 50-75 people on bugged maps at any given time.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They were investigating this issue on kaineng today in kbl. So they are working on it.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Vena.8436

They were investigating this issue on kaineng today in kbl. So they are working on it.

Did they say that?

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Did they say that?

I think I know or can guess what Dev was investigating in K BL. At least one has been informed directly via whispers/party chat/vent. It would just be helpful to have an official statement for us to work with here.
It would be nice to be able have our core guild members on our BL or know if we need to adjust tactics and reassign guilds to different BLs, etc. If it’s something that’s going to be fixed in two days that’s not really a concern… If you see where I’m coming from.

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: Trimsic.4392

Trimsic.4392

As the guild leader of Millenium Old School, a french a guild running on Vizunah Square, I’ve many contacts with many other guild leaders. It’s obviously easy for me to get informed about the exact population of players who managed to get in, and share this information with others. We share the same TS channel created for each map, and we discuss about this issue, daily.

It’s clear that the number of people per map has been considerably reduced, either because of a new bug since the patch, or because of a decision that has not been communicated yet.

In a hope it’s only a bug, and it can be fixed asap…

Trimsic
Guild Leader Millenium Old School
http://mos.millenium.org

(edited by Trimsic.4392)

in WvW

Posted by: Swifter.6451

Swifter.6451

Bumped.

I’ll add that the concern isn’t the queue’s specifically. When you’re seeing larger queue’s and a LOT less people inside WvW, something is wrong somewhere. The populations inside of WvW is the main issue. The people replying we have no queue lol, you probably had no population to being with, hence why you see no change.

Multiple servers reporting 50-60 max in any of the bl’s.

in WvW

Posted by: vex.3482

vex.3482

queue is big coz all ppl who ever played wvw are on top servers
it’s either you have 1-5h queue in prime time or you never have any
and 133 ppl is max as I know it

meh

in WvW

Posted by: Swifter.6451

Swifter.6451

Find me 133 people while a map is queue’d. Even half of that.

in WvW

Posted by: vex.3482

vex.3482

find it ur self… I couldn’t care less I don’t have problems whit queue and I don’t play in prime times

meh

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

find it ur self… I couldn’t care less I don’t have problems whit queue and I don’t play in prime times

Your posts have been very constructive, so thanks for making them!

in WvW

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

I don`t care when you play. I don`t care who you are. Stating that the player limit is 133 per map is STUPID. Find me post where the same is confirmed by a dev. Find me a proof that there are 133 players on map. If you can`t please go somwhere else, thank you.

The issues is seen on all servers that have any PvP community.

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Tortun.5946

Tortun.5946

Think you can add Gandara to the list of dodgy goings on. Last night my guildies were complaining about queues to get in to Gandara BL but when I clicked to go in, I got in right away whilst they still had to wait.

Tortun – Protector of Gandara and Bessie!
WvWvW Player Who Doesn’t Have Much of A Clue