ComingTo WvW on 12/14 (renamed)

in WvW

Posted by: Sypsy.7318

Sypsy.7318

To clarify: character death on disconnect is a WvW only change.

Problem here.

I slipped from enemy Garrison & landed on a ledge. Couldn`t drop further as I`d die (give Ele` fall trait damage please!!)
I was stuck in combat as your game still doesn`t register not having been hit for 1 second or 1 hour, as long as enemy is still near.
This means I & others HAVE to exit game to get back into the fight properly.

Any chance of fixing these first please?

Death by falling = no repair costs.
You should have jumped off the cliff and waypointed back at no cost to you.
It would be faster than logging out and back in.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Problem here.

I slipped from enemy Garrison & landed on a ledge. Couldn`t drop further as I`d die (give Ele` fall trait damage please!!)
I was stuck in combat as your game still doesn`t register not having been hit for 1 second or 1 hour, as long as enemy is still near.

Death by falling = no repair costs.
You should have jumped off the cliff and waypointed back at no cost to you.
It would be faster than logging out and back in.

You can incur repair costs from falling, had it fair few times.
Been hit loads by enemy, escaped only to have to leap off of some cliff, ledge etc & die.
I`m guessing the game thinks if enough damage is done prior to death, you`re going to be charged for it.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

I’ve mist formed off a cliff when downed to die and nothing broke.

I’m guessing you already had it broken from before but didn’t keep track due to the chaotic nature of wvw.

But to address your main point, it is baffling that npc enemies can keep you in combat even though they are not running towards you at all. But the solutions are simple.

And even if you did die, it’s only 1.64 silver. I think that tiny cost is minimal to this whole alt-F4 thing.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

Posted by: Ualtar.5047

Ualtar.5047

The alt f4 change is really needed, but I think it wasn’t taken far enough. Perhaps dye their armor pink for 30 minutes in addition to the other penalties? You should be able to differentiate the method of disconnection and punish/not punish people appropriately. This would solve some people’s concerns.

Btw for those who’s machine crashes 1-8 times an hour, buy a vacuum and clean out those dust bunnies.

I wear Pink all the time….

Alrekr Yerling
Khazad Fundinul [KF] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Sinth.1836

Sinth.1836

A better alternative to the Alt-F4 insta-kill would be to leave the character in-game (while in combat) for 1 minute or so, while the player is disconnected. I assume that there is a technical reason as to why ANet can’t do that, but they should’ve thought of this when they made the game.

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Breakout events sound like a very clever use of the dynamic events system. I particularly like how it requires a certain number of players to gather before it starts, keeping it from turning into an NPC battle. It will be interesting to see them in action in the game.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The alt f4 change is really needed, but I think it wasn’t taken far enough. Perhaps dye their armor pink for 30 minutes in addition to the other penalties? You should be able to differentiate the method of disconnection and punish/not punish people appropriately. This would solve some people’s concerns.

Btw for those who’s machine crashes 1-8 times an hour, buy a vacuum and clean out those dust bunnies.

I wear Pink all the time….

Pink Yeti Army guild could have problems there lol

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in WvW

Posted by: Ian.7380

Ian.7380

anyone complaining about the alt f4 thing is just mad cause they hate to die and would rather alt f4 than be a good sport. Good excuses tho guys.

Zaeoz [Krew]
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

anyone complaining about the alt f4 thing is just mad cause they hate to die and would rather alt f4 than be a good sport. Good excuses tho guys.

It also denies their opponent the rewards they deserved. It’s the equivalent of throwing the game board in a fit of rage because you were about to lose or be set back. The mark of a truly bad player (and poor sport, as you pointed out.)

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Disconnected from internet/PC crashed – surely Anet will have enough smarts to detect if IP gone all together or just closed the client…….

There isn’t any way to reliably do this and combat the problem at the same time. Say they detect a standard game exit or quit, triggered via menu or via alt f4, possibly via a forced closing on the process. If they are detecting it in any of the aforementioned ways all you have to is “turn of your wifi”, “unplug the ethernet” etc.. and your connection would “timeout” as if you had a natural disconnect and you know what all the kitten kids that rage quit out of the game would do? They would start unplugging cables and turning off their wifi instead.

That would actually be fine. If someone unplugs their connection then their character will remain in the world until the timeout occurs. The player only remains for a very short time if it is a crash, not sure about disconnects.

I would actually be VERY happy if they increased the time for the timeout since that would actually fix a majority of my disconnect issues.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

ok when sometimes you’re moving from zone to zone (PVE) mining/harvesting, and you found that you have run out of pick or tool, and you’re far away from town, the easiest way is to hop into WvW and buy from the trader there, and relog so that you would be at the same spot in PVE.

now with this new implementation, would i be dead when i relog back into PVE, assuming i just pop in there to buy stuff ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

ok when sometimes you’re moving from zone to zone (PVE) mining/harvesting, and you found that you have run out of pick or tool, and you’re far away from town, the easiest way is to hop into WvW and buy from the trader there, and relog so that you would be at the same spot in PVE.

now with this new implementation, would i be dead when i relog back into PVE, assuming i just pop in there to buy stuff ?

Per the front page:
Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

So no, you will not die.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

azizul.8469

Per the front page:
Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

So no, you will not die.

ah during combat… ok thx.

anyway, i just hope this won’t get abused by badges farmer….. you know, equip crap armor, get to secret place, you kill me first, i kill you next etc etc….

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

anyway, i just hope this won’t get abused by badges farmer….. you know, equip crap armor, get to secret place, you kill me first, i kill you next etc etc….

I’m not trying to be condescending by answering your question with a question.

But can’t you do that now while naked?

At the current rate, it’s not a very viable option compared to other things (taking supply camps, playing wvw properly, buying p/v/t gear with karma.)

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

(edited by Sypsy.7318)

in WvW

azizul.8469

But can’t you do that now while naked?

ah yes…. i guess you could do that too…. lol

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Not at all keen on this breakout event. Just more pve in wvw, I don’t get it.

You didn’t get it from the beginning, WvW is not PvP, period. Want competitive PvP, go play competitive PvP. WvW is a massive, not totally balanced battle including both PvP and PvE elements.

Are you for real? Do not tell me that wvw is not competitive pvp, that is just daft. I don’t remember any pve elements affecting the outcome of a fight in wvw except in a very few cases the 4 min buff on supervisors/lords.

The pve elements of wvw are just an irritant for us wvw players. Jumping puzzles….. no reason for eb puzzle top be in EB and the border puzzle’s can go as well imao. As for quagans……….

90% of wvw players do not want pve in wvw. Pve’rs just enjoy the buffs we help provide them in the rest of the game. I am from a so called full server, yet we rarely have any sort of queue for wvw, pve’rs do not play wvw(or rarely) so why give them pve events there?

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Wiredgunslinger.5480

Wiredgunslinger.5480

Not at all keen on this breakout event. Just more pve in wvw, I don’t get it.

You didn’t get it from the beginning, WvW is not PvP, period. Want competitive PvP, go play competitive PvP. WvW is a massive, not totally balanced battle including both PvP and PvE elements.

Are you for real? Do not tell me that wvw is not competitive pvp, that is just daft. I don’t remember any pve elements affecting the outcome of a fight in wvw except in a very few cases the 4 min buff on supervisors/lords.

The pve elements of wvw are just an irritant for us wvw players. Jumping puzzles….. no reason for eb puzzle top be in EB and the border puzzle’s can go as well imao. As for quagans……….

90% of wvw players do not want pve in wvw. Pve’rs just enjoy the buffs we help provide them in the rest of the game. I am from a so called full server, yet we rarely have any sort of queue for wvw, pve’rs do not play wvw(or rarely) so why give them pve events there?

Even Anet has stated WvW is “casual” PvP. Just because you take it competitively doesn’t mean it is.

Server: SoS Guild: Work
Verucalize: 80 Thief
Señor Chang: 80 Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

Isn’t by definition almost all wvw pve? I mean keep/towers/lords/supervisors/guards/objective/events/upgrades they are all pve right? Shall we get rid of all of those as well?

Maybe they should make an area where small groups/teams could gather to just fight it out without all of that. Oh wait they already have that.

The wvw people that I know want more objective/strategy and more skill/complexity of gameplay. Removing npcs will not accomplish this they are just pieces on a chess board that accomplish or give specific advantages. The game of wvw is manipulating these things to achieve goals.

Breakout events are just another piece to add complexity to the gameplay. I dont see how they would be different then any other part of wvw.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

“Alt+F4 is no escape” won’t work without an anti-griefing mechanic. People will run the eternal battlegrounds puzzle naked or with white weapons for passive traits and go for the invisibility fountains and only gear up when they have numbers and are ready to fight. On top of that people can get free stuff by repeatedly killing a friend on another server who runs naked into the same place in WvW. No one will care.

The curve for getting a fully geared character of a certain spec is so sharp that there shouldn’t even be repair costs in WvW when killed by a player. Why penalize someone for fighting to the death?

Any melee that gets hit by corrupt boon then bane signets is going to get shafted by repair costs. I have plenty of knockdown/stun/immobilize/stip boon builds to grief players’ wallets with the intent of doing just that.

The only real penalty from this is the time it takes to take your armor off and put it back on and avoiding the groups that go after peoples wallets rather than objectives because it’s more satisfying.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

It also denies their opponent the rewards they deserved. It’s the equivalent of throwing the game board in a fit of rage because you were about to lose or be set back. The mark of a truly bad player (and poor sport, as you pointed out.)

30 people killing one person. Good sport and should definitly be rewarded.
Rewarding Roflstomping is bad, because it promotes stuff like zergs. If it is easier to win a fight, but you still get the same reward, why should you not make your life as easy as possible by grouping up to the biggest zerg ever.

Let them implement similar systems for other parts of this game aswell. Fractals level one should definitely give everyone who is doing it the same reward as level 30 fractals, and of course you should be able to join level 1 fractals with groups up to the size of 50 players, and of course the loot shouldn’t get significantly worse, than doing it with just 5 players.

Yes it fixes rage quitting in fair battles, but it promotes zerging. And if there is anything this game does not need anymore, than it is huge zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

Alt+F4 is no escape

i smell badge farmers Coming Soon To WvW, should have made it during down state not combat.

(edited by Fook.3914)

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Rewarding Roflstomping is bad, because it promotes stuff like zergs. If it is easier to win a fight, but you still get the same reward, why should you not make your life as easy as possible by grouping up to the biggest zerg ever.

Wrong. If you want to be effective, you must use zerg as main offensive and defensive force (coming on defense by call), and small groups/single players as scouts, watchers, camp raiders and map sanitize teams (find&intercept roamers, capture lake objectives, retake camps, etc.). If you want to do things otherwise and try to do zerg job with small teams, it’s your decision, but don’t complain then your small groups were crashed by normal zerg groups.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: dekyos.1548

dekyos.1548

Alt+F4 is no escape:

I’ve crashed when fighting other ppl in WvW before, will that count as a certain death?

I don’t know why everyone is so concerned about this. How often do you crash? If your client is crashing every 15 minutes, maybe you should be complaining about that instead of this? So what if maybe once a week, you disconnect and die, losing roughly a silver (if you’re level 80), now, you’ll be making even more money killing people because they aren’t alt+f4ing you, so unless you are just terribad at WvW, this change will actually make you more money.

Gearmatrix – Level 80 Crash’N’Burn Engineer
[MORD]
SBI WvW Junkie

in WvW

Posted by: Ivano.2604

Ivano.2604

Looking forward to these changes, especially the breakout :p
I forsee the Glorious Mighty NPC commander being slaughtered just 3 mt outside the spawn point already, and our “confident” minizerg of 6 people facepalming and roftling around while the enemies backguards stop running toward the fight cause their allies just killed the Glorious Mighty mentioned above :p

Elite PvP Raiders [PvP] – Fissure of Woe
Kaosberg De Lay
Deflora Pulzelle

in WvW

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Looking forward to these changes, especially the breakout :p
I forsee the Glorious Mighty NPC commander being slaughtered just 3 mt outside the spawn point already, and our “confident” minizerg of 6 people facepalming and roftling around while the enemies backguards stop running toward the fight cause their allies just killed the Glorious Mighty mentioned above :p

looking at the “scaling” of open world champions in PvE and how they just get destroyed by a zerg I fear you are right :-/

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

“Alt+F4 is no escape
If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.”

Does this mean that you’ll be insta-killed if you disconnect when in combat mode, or strictly when you’re currently in the middle of fighting another player? Because it’d suck to be stuck in combat mode (e.g. after being hit by trash mobs) and disconnect (accidentally or just because you’re done for the day) only to find yourself dead and with damaged/broken armor when you log in again.

If it’s strictly when you’ve been hit recently by a player during combat then that’s great, though!

Yeah, because often enough you’re stuck in combat when there are no enemies around you. Standing there for 2 minutes before some random player that attacked you earlier dies.

I think the best thing to do was to put those penalties if you disconnect while downed, and a less harsh penalty if you’re still alive but disconnect (and maybe a 3-5 second wait).

But atleast it’s better than nothing.

I guess we’ll see more suicides by jumping off a cliff when this update comes…

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

looking at the “scaling” of open world champions in PvE and how they just get destroyed by a zerg I fear you are right :-/

If you need full-sized zerg to kill the commander, and the event will occur often enough – it’s ok, because it forces the defenders to keep sizable force on the border just for this task.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

So instead of addressing the issue in Wvw of why players log out/alt+F4 (which is broken armor having no place in pvp and causing players to play excessively safe) You are implementing a auto death that not only will make sure current players who use the work around for a bad system never play wvw again, but also hurts players who may have internet issues and DC…Good one…If u simply removed dmg armor on death in wvw that wouldve solved the issue in a nutshell…but glad ur trying to kill pvp even more so ^.^ claps

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

In every MP game when you dc in a fight, you die. Get over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

ALT + F4 = death is great and needed
Die if you crash in combat for any reason is a little price to pay for having a more fair and funny game.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

The more I think about this ‘in combat’ whilst logging out = instant death and repair costs. The more I think this may be a kitten annoyance. Sounded great at first until I started thinking of the results.

For example, often when I’ve had enough of WvW. I log out where ever as waiting through a load screen is just annoying. I can see when you’re about to hit the change character button, some stray treb shot, aoe or mob is going to tap you into combat and insta kill you.

Making exiting WvW tedious. I would rather a 10 second log out timer that keeps your character in whilst you close the client.

in WvW

Posted by: Rienrodrys.2975

Rienrodrys.2975

Love it!
THX and keep up the good work!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

what happens if the superior troups decide to not-cap the last supply-camp from the losing server? Just don’t cap it in order to prevent the breakout-events… ?!

Exactly. They leave you one tower in a corner of the map, and no Breakout.

Why, even most commanders could have thought of that trick.

1. It only works on non-Supply Camp objectives.

2. Presuming you mean Towers:

That’s when the other small server comes along and caps that last tower to set off the event for them.

I see enemy servers inviting each other to cap their final towers in order to give them a boost in that zone.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: JCWolf.1674

JCWolf.1674

Nice additions to wvw but it still needs a lot of work. Charr war-machines please, commander Aura buffs please. Incentives / Benefits for guilds to actually hold onto keeps please.

in WvW

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

Thanks for proving my point about being a bad sport. Anyone that complains about being killed by 30 people is a poor sport that is trying to make up any excuse for their failure. Why did you get caught by 30 people? Why shouldn’t they destroy you if they catch you? We are trying to win, not have “fair duels.”

Alt+F4ing out is abandoning the game entirely; as I said, it’s like throwing the game board ‘WELL YOU DIDN’T BEAT ME CAUSE I DESTROYED THE GAME BEFORE YOU DID.’

Stop getting caught. If you refuse to join an allied zerg, and keep running into enemy zergs alone, or severely outnumbered, that’s your own fault.

Let them implement similar systems for other parts of this game aswell. Fractals level one should definitely give everyone who is doing it the same reward as level 30 fractals, and of course you should be able to join level 1 fractals with groups up to the size of 50 players, and of course the loot shouldn’t get significantly worse, than doing it with just 5 players.

This has nothing to do with anything, and just illustrates your failure to get what the actual point is.

Yes it fixes rage quitting in fair battles, but it promotes zerging. And if there is anything this game does not need anymore, than it is huge zergs.

Stop playing WvWvW and go play sPvP then.

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

in WvW

Posted by: cipher.7438

cipher.7438

Could you please add a borderlands rotation every week at WvW resets? For example: a server is green one week, blue the next, red the next, etc. instead of depending upon which servers get the most points.

I’m on Tarnished Coast, and we pretty much always get more points than our competition for the past month (Fort Aspenwood, Yak’s Bend, Crystal Desert, etc.). So we’re always green. We’re always on the same borderlands. We never control any significant number of keeps/forts in other borderlands, so we never get a chance to complete our 100% exploration. Same is true for other servers: they’ll almost always be stuck on blue or red and therefore never get a chance to complete green borderlands.

Changing this to rotate through the colors each week would help everyone. Thanks.

cipher
Hammerfist Clan: http://www.hammerfistclan.com

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

sounds good.

now give me a w3 character advancement system and 2 replacement maps for 2 of the 3 identical borderlands in february and i’ll be impressed. a bit of variety in the terrain would be nice. something like a forest covering half the map would allow for some completely different sorts of play instead of the small open places between cliffs and funnels that make roaming hard and zerging easy.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’ll alt-f4, re-roll thief instead.

edit: Breakout sounds awesome, though.

Also, please put the invulnerability walls facing supply depots at the top, before you jump down, instead of where you can just walk in and out of to be cheap.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I was going to try to equip my 80 guardian in exotics and play melee but after seeing this I think I will run a lvl 80 1500 range lowbow ranger in whites that look like greens with transmutation stones and indiscriminately tap as many enemies as I can. Hit the invulnerability signet every 72 seconds and ninja a killing blow.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Thanks for proving my point about being a bad sport. Anyone that complains about being killed by 30 people is a poor sport that is trying to make up any excuse for their failure. Why did you get caught by 30 people? Why shouldn’t they destroy you if they catch you? We are trying to win, not have “fair duels.”

Alt+F4ing out is abandoning the game entirely; as I said, it’s like throwing the game board ‘WELL YOU DIDN’T BEAT ME CAUSE I DESTROYED THE GAME BEFORE YOU DID.’

Stop getting caught. If you refuse to join an allied zerg, and keep running into enemy zergs alone, or severely outnumbered, that’s your own fault.

This has nothing to do with anything, and just illustrates your failure to get what the actual point is.

Stop playing WvWvW and go play sPvP then.

As it stands right now, zergs are getting more rewards for autoattacking doors than someone who can actually win a 1on1. This is wrong on so many levels, as it rewards the most brainless zergs. Giving them loot on top of the other rewards is just wrong.

While it works in PvE, in PvP one player should just drop one bag, but they should always drop a bag. Not 0 not 1000, 1 bag.

Also not getting caught by a zerg is also kinda hard, when a single person/mob can put you into combat mode giving everyone a speedbonus to catch you.
I would fully support a change which would decrease the runspeed of everyone to combat mode speed all the time.
If perm zerging would really be wanted, they could trash all these objective and make a plain field, the size of stonemist, where you could constantly clash together.

Instead we are given multiple objective of different sizes, ranging from one man objectives like guards and dolyaks (and to some degree camps which are soloable aswell), to small and midsize group objectives, namely towers, up to keeps for large groups. And for a massive zerg there is stonemist.

Zergs do not require any tactic to speak of. It requires 100g to buy an icon to gather as much people around you as possible. Of course you can make it a little bit more effective by joining voip servers etc. but all of this could be compensated by more people, because the largest part of a zergs strength is it’s amount of players.

Of course this could also be combated by far superior siege engines, designed for zerg breaking. I’m thinking about another arrow cart skill which is fairly weak compared to the other skills, like just 300 damage per tick. But for each player that is hit by the ability, it’s damage ramps up like 20% damage, quickly overcoming 3-5k damage ticks, so you can quickly dispatch a huge chunk of zergs if they run into one of these carts. They would have to scout an objective first for these siege engines, and get counter siege like balistas to destroy them from a save distance.
Sadly stuff like this will remain wishful thinking as it would require too many people to start thinking about what they are going to do, instead of mindlessly following around the next player they will find and stop at the next attackable objective.

in WvW

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Thanks Habib and WvW team for implementing these changes. I think they are all beneficial for all WvW players.

I hope that the large update in February will include new maps because I think most people are tired of the same maps week in week out.

sounds good.

now give me a w3 character advancement system and 2 replacement maps for 2 of the 3 identical borderlands in february and i’ll be impressed. a bit of variety in the terrain would be nice. something like a forest covering half the map would allow for some completely different sorts of play instead of the small open places between cliffs and funnels that make roaming hard and zerging easy.

I second this idea.

Having a variety of terrain would definitely make WvW more exciting.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

(edited by Samnang.1879)

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

I really like the breakout event.. However I do have my reservations on how effective is it and if anyone would abuse it.

For example :

Team A pushes Team B to it’s last tower…. And camps there while trebbing it to bits and pieces.

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

So now i thought what to do with Orbs of Power. And why dont do Orb of Power usefull? Server which will have Orb of Power will get bonus +20magic find(when it will work) or maybe +50%magic find. But both opposite servers will get bonus maybe +50power and +50toughness?
It will be still worth to get Orb of power, because of drops, but opposite servers will benefit of Your better loot.
What do You think about it?

in WvW

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

The Alt + F4 fix is most definately needed. Too many sore losers use (and abuse it)
It’s a welcomed change for sure.

The other ideas also seem pretty interesting. Overall, I can’t wait to see these implemented although I do have a few reservations about the break out mode which may end up getting exploited somehow.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyoldgoat.5496

dirtyoldgoat.5496

Guild Wars 2 is an excellent game.

Fallendruid, White Lighter, The Native Sun
PINK is the new Black
Tarnished Coast (via Tyranny)

in WvW

Posted by: FilthyRat.4652

FilthyRat.4652

ALT + F4 = death is great and needed
Die if you crash in combat for any reason is a little price to pay for having a more fair and funny game.

I agree and have been dc’ed more that a few times over the last several months of playing the game…and the only thing I’m thinking is how long is it going to take me to get back in the game and how far do I have to run to get back into a battle. Never have I worried if some opposing player is going to get a stupid badge, I would actually rather them get the badge.

Barodd-80 W/Kremklin-80 Me/Dokast-80 Nec
Nine Divines (ND)
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Kuari.8106

Kuari.8106

So instead of addressing the issue in Wvw of why players log out/alt+F4 (which is broken armor having no place in pvp and causing players to play excessively safe) You are implementing a auto death that not only will make sure current players who use the work around for a bad system never play wvw again, but also hurts players who may have internet issues and DC…Good one…If u simply removed dmg armor on death in wvw that wouldve solved the issue in a nutshell…but glad ur trying to kill pvp even more so ^.^ claps

Part of the game economy and encouragement to not act stupidly. Its absurdly easy to turn massive profits in PvP, just gotta know what you’re doing and not beat your head against a brick wall. That’s where people lose money. When they are losing they always try the same zerg tactic over and over, dying repeatedly and losing money. Plenty of tools to counter a zerg in the game, people just need to use them (IE, mesmer drops that field that removes all boons, guardian drops wards behind it, bam, stability gone, knocked back, leaving zerg open for AoE hell, which is still pretty effective despite target limit.)

in WvW

Posted by: Stabio.2815

Stabio.2815

I have some comments, questions and need some clarification.

Lets say we are Green team and we are in Green Borderlands. Green teams objective in green Borderlands is to take over the garrison, keeps, towers, and upgrade them with supplies from the supply camps. Essentially driving Red and Blue off the map.

Now Red and Blue can gather enough people (don’t know what that number is) and get FREE supply and buffs and an escort to the nearest tower and essentially be gifted a tower in the same borderland they just got their butts kicked out.

Supply is the commodity in the WvW environment. To introduce supply outside of the closed system unbalances that system. I don’t even like it when people go to other maps to gather supply.

Lets reverse it because I have seen it happen. Green borderland again and Red and Blue take over everything. What happens now? Which tower is chosen or is garrison taken? If players cannot use the supply to upgrade the objective, they will get swept right back out again. What is gained?

Lastly, why is there no reward given for clearing the map? Green kicks off Red and Blue, no reward. The Tally points are not rewards (this also skews the tally points). Red and Blue are then rewarded for getting their bootys handed to them, by trying to give them a tower.

Kleima – Engineer – Yak’s Bend – TOG
Menotme – Mesmer – Yak’s Bend – TOG
The best part of the game is not the game, it is the people.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

wouldn’t it be easy to circumvent the breakout events by the opposing team(s) in control just by leaving one tower alone in a zone they dominated?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Problem here.

Dont waste dev time on rare exceptions. Just take the hit and move on.

Sanctum of Rall