Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

WvW Is fun. Especially when people aren’t being well.. Mean about it.

Nods

It’s rather disappointing when you have a good 2 or 3 minute 1v1 with someone only for them to /laugh when they beat you.

Whatever happen to giving a /bow as a show of respect for a good fight?

People are butts.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

So Sanctum of Rall just lost its only two Asian guilds today and Isle of Janthir lost a 400 man alliance?

Well, atleast we fall together. It’s been a good 2 months IoJ, certainly been a pleasure.

Ouch. I’m wondering if SoR and IoJ should just merge. If IoJ Oceanics won’t move to SoR (understandably since they want other Oceanics around for PvE etc.), then maybe SoR NA should move there.

I hate saying that. I’ve been SoR since day one, and may even stay behind if this did happen, but it seems to make a lot of sense coverage-wise.

Well… if enough Oceanics/Asian players come to SoR, it wouldn’t be an issue.

There will be people around to play if they all come at once.

I would love this as much as anyone, but basically IoJ was chosen at the very beginning as an Oceanic server. You’d have to migrate all the PvE’ers and everyone else now over to SoR to make it work. I’m just not sure how feasible that is.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

So Sanctum of Rall just lost its only two Asian guilds today and Isle of Janthir lost a 400 man alliance?

Well, atleast we fall together. It’s been a good 2 months IoJ, certainly been a pleasure.

Ouch. I’m wondering if SoR and IoJ should just merge. If IoJ Oceanics won’t move to SoR (understandably since they want other Oceanics around for PvE etc.), then maybe SoR NA should move there.

I hate saying that. I’ve been SoR since day one, and may even stay behind if this did happen, but it seems to make a lot of sense coverage-wise.

Well… if enough Oceanics/Asian players come to SoR, it wouldn’t be an issue.

There will be people around to play if they all come at once.

I would love this as much as anyone, but basically IoJ was chosen at the very beginning as an Oceanic server. You’d have to migrate all the PvE’ers and everyone else now over to SoR to make it work. I’m just not sure how feasible that is.

It probably isn’t feasible, but we do have people who play at that time, just not enough in WvW to make a huge difference.

Even if it were just WvW players who made the move, they shouldn’t have too many issues.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Ardon.4105

Ardon.4105

They’re better because they can keep coverage throughout the night so this is somehow Arena Net’s fault?

He’s talking about the broken and blatantly flawed scoring system. If it was the intention of Anet to have the same people fighting for over a month, the matches would be lasting over a month. The current system punishes the winning team by forcing them to lose rating, and rewards the losing team by giving them rating.

It sucks all three servers into a blackhole until they are rated exactly the same, and it forces the first seat server to beat the third seat server into a coma just to break even. Hence the lack of progression. It’s also quite stale. Who wants to fight the same servers and guilds for over a month?

[Agg] Rendon Argos (Charrgos) – Guardian
Server Traversing Nomad

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Who wants to fight the same servers and guilds for over a month?

You mean to say you don’t love us anymore?? I’m hurt, deeply and profoundly hurt.

In theory I know what you mean, but I can’t help it, when I fight BG and IoJ I have a good time. Even though BG is relentless about coming out on top, my in-game experience is you win some and you lose some.

And I don’t care if you laugh or bow when you beat me (even though the bows are evidence of good manners and speak well of your upbringing), ‘cause I’m too busy rezzing to come back for a rematch.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Oh I agreed, Obed. I enjoy going against TW, Choo, and Caedus and all the other SoR guilds. I respect you guys a lot and hope to see you all on the battle field.

<3 Y’all too.

As for SoR NA moving anywhere;
Many have real life ties to SoR server like GSCH. (Not just in game ties.)
They worked had with Arena Net to have SoR named after a player who was in their guild and passed away. As well as an NPC in the charr starting zone(On all servers I believe.)

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

They’re better because they can keep coverage throughout the night so this is somehow Arena Net’s fault?

He’s talking about the broken and blatantly flawed scoring system. If it was the intention of Anet to have the same people fighting for over a month, the matches would be lasting over a month. The current system punishes the winning team by forcing them to lose rating, and rewards the losing team by giving them rating.

It sucks all three servers into a blackhole until they are rated exactly the same, and it forces the first seat server to beat the third seat server into a coma just to break even. Hence the lack of progression. It’s also quite stale. Who wants to fight the same servers and guilds for over a month?

Here was my idea. You win, you move up a tier. You come in second, you stay in the same tier. You lose, you go down a tier. Simple.

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: marquees.6230

marquees.6230

I heard about that and it is super awesome. Major respect for those guys.

If I ever pass away, I want my guild to put a golden statue of me posing in the goofiest way possible. I want to be remember as the funny chick not the kitten. XD

[ICoa] Jakryen
Media Officer of Imperial Coalition
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Who wants to fight the same servers and guilds for over a month?

In theory I know what you mean, but I can’t help it, when I fight BG and IoJ I have a good time. Even though BG is relentless about coming out on top, my in-game experience is you win some and you lose some.

problem right now is BG is always winning. SoR/IoJ never win some, we lose all the time (I mean score and standing). Having fun is subjective to individual’s taste, while I can agree action is plenty in this tier and the que time is not too bad, the feeling of not able to have a chance at being number 1 even we gave our best effort as a server (due to coverage issue) just dont sit well with me in the long term. I think combining IoJ and SoR to fill each other’s coverage holes could work, but it means everybody has to buy in on it.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Since IOJ wasn’t named after someone who passed away you guys should move on over to SOR. Lets be real here you guys will be knocked down to T3 next matchup and probably wont be back in T2 for a long time and are bleeding guilds.

Well just a thought anyway :P

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

An IoJ/SoR combo makes sense from a technical perspective: we have somewhat opposing peak hours, and we know each other’s capabilities on the field.

I’m pretty sure both of us like the servers we are on though. A lot of SoR probably wouldn’t leave strictly for W3 purposes, and I’ve heard more than a few IoJ say the same. Personally, for those that refuse to leave it’s kind of admirable actually.

However…misery does love company.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

rchu.8945

An IoJ/SoR combo makes sense from a technical perspective: we have somewhat opposing peak hours, and we know each other’s capabilities on the field.

I’m pretty sure both of us like the servers we are on though. A lot of SoR probably wouldn’t leave strictly for W3 purposes, and I’ve heard more than a few IoJ say the same. Personally, for those that refuse to leave it’s kind of admirable actually.

ND just left SoR for BG strictly for W3 purproses…

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Server combining to compete with BG seems a little underhanded … I vote yes!

To be fair, to move servers for the purposes of WvW would take a profound move by leadership from one server to make it happen; I’m not sure it can be done.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

To be honest I don’t really care who merged to whose server. SoR and IOJ are very alike. We both never give up in the face of extreme adversity.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

ND just left SoR for BG strictly for W3 purproses…

Hence why I said “a lot” and not “all”.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Obsidian.1328

Server combining to compete with BG seems a little underhanded … I vote yes!

To be fair, to move servers for the purposes of WvW would take a profound move by leadership from one server to make it happen; I’m not sure it can be done.

I wouldn’t say it’s for competing against BG, but rather for better W3 in general. BG just happens to be the thing that highlights our weaknesses right now.

And yeah…merging whole servers would be a giant undertaking. The PvE crowds probably outnumber the PvPer’s anyway. Guild moves are more likely.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

I wouldn’t say it’s for competing against BG, but rather for better W3 in general. BG just happens to be the thing that highlights our weaknesses right now.

And yeah…merging whole servers would be a giant undertaking. The PvE crowds probably outnumber the PvPer’s anyway. Guild moves are more likely.

The trick for Anet is to incentivize players to come PvP. Outside of map completion there’s no reason for PvE minded players to PvP. The rewards to time spent is heavily in favor PvE right now.

-KNT- BG

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: oceansofmars.6894

oceansofmars.6894

And today is just another example of why free transfers shouldn’t be enabled anymore.

Jumping ship to form a zerg on Blackgate shows you lack the skill to compete in equal terms and sullies the good sportsmanship we have had thus far (mostly).

Whatever floats your boat though I guess. Steamrolling gets old really quick though.

Aradia Nightshade – IoJ

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

While I too wish the competition was more even in the bracket, it simply isn’t and Blackgate has been in no real danger of losing yet.

It is clear BG has a real shot at T1 and all those transferring over to BG may just be doing so because they want to be there before we get to T1. I don’t blame them.

SOR and IOJ both have tried to rally everyone to their servers for a T1 push but as I have said many times. BG is the only server with somewhat even coverage and simply is the place to be for a T1 push and those who were serious about it seemed to have listened.

There is nothing wrong with that if that is what they want to do. Its their game. I won’t be mad at them if they ditch out for another server in the future either, they should do what they have fun doing imo.

We’re a good server, and unlike some others we have a LOT of room in all time zones, especially NA. We have room for hundreds of NA WvW players. This is something not many upper tier servers can say and it no doubt has something to do with why we’re getting new guilds.

(personally, I am happy with BG as it is in T2. I wouldn’t mind seeing more non-NA guilds on SOR so the fight could be a tad more even. Especially with TC coming up.)

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Needs more IOJ-SoR superserver talk.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

Normally these threads start with scores, transition to in-game accusations and end with personal insults (with the occasional “Great fights on both sides!” thrown in for lulz). It’s nice to see some constructive posts as to how SoR and IoJ can work together.

There are MANY good players on SoR’s side. Seeing them for the first time in action against my server I was like “These guys must multiply like rabbits” because your NA guys were EVERYWHERE. It was hard for our small forces to gain any ground because many times we’d be quickly overwhelmed. Additionally, it seems SoR plays for the win and won’t make compromises with anyone to get there.

Combining the WvW forces of SoR with IoJ would make for a very competitive server. I know the history of the naming of Sanctum of Rall, and I’ve got nothing but respect for those who persist in its name. You guys fight as though you have his sword at your hilt and his spirit by your side. Having said that, and as already mentioned, it would be very tough to move our WvW forces from IoJ to SoR, simply because the Oceanic presence here in all aspects apart from WvW is one of the best in the game. This is the primary reason why our solid Oceanics stick around. Because of the relatively low numbers of people playing GW2 from that part of the world, it makes sense for them to congregate and hang together in order to develop a community.

If the WvW guilds on SoR decided to migrate to IoJ, we would welcome you with open arms (and I even know a few that would welcome you with open legs ). We know what it’s like to be in your position, to gain strong guilds and lose them in the middle of the week. We know how it is to fight unmanned. We’re as persistent, tactical, passionate, and dedicated as anyone, and we’ve held our own against tremendous odds. Your struggle to get to T2 wasn’t an easy one, and if it was done as a tribute to the man who bears the name of the server, then hats off to you.

As we might not be seeing each other in a few days’ time, keep it real and hang in there.

- J

:)

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

What WvW oceanics will be left on IoJ after HIRE, BP and ND are gone just out of curiosity?

I know those 3 guilds were the most responsible for the 2nd place win that IoJ eek’d out a couple weeks back. Who’s left over there oceanic and euro wise?

(edited by Jahn.7019)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

While I understand it, it frustrating to see people do things that hurt the good fights.

- Tribal mentality about servers. Our server is better then yours. The game would be more balanced if guilds would actually transfer to even out a tier, and forget misplaced/illogical server loyalties.

- guilds moving to the winning server. This just makes no sense every way I look at it and is not good for server balance. If you want to play within a specific tier, pick the least competitive server and move there. If you really care about the health of wvw, that’s the best choice.

If you move to a server because you want to help it move up a tier, you are doing more harm then good. I know you didn’t mean to have this effect, but that’s how it works.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

While I understand it, it frustrating to see people do things that hurt the good fights.

- Tribal mentality about servers. Our server is better then yours. The game would be more balanced if guilds would actually transfer to even out a tier, and forget misplaced/illogical server loyalties.

- guilds moving to the winning server. This just makes no sense every way I look at it and is not good for server balance. If you want to play within a specific tier, pick the least competitive server and move there. If you really care about the health of wvw, that’s the best choice.

If you move to a server because you want to help it move up a tier, you are doing more harm then good. I know you didn’t mean to have this effect, but that’s how it works.

I really don’t think it’s about stacking to a superserver. It’s just about coverage.

I don’t care if I play in T1 or T10, but it’s nice to have a healthy coverage in all timeslots so the towers and keeps you spend money on, and spend time building don’t just get ninja’d at night when no one is on.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

Well, gotta say we’ve had a lot of fun against SoR and IoJ.

[NOC] Nocturnal are out there most nights fighting and having a blast! There’s been some great fights, we’ve won some, we’ve lost some, but we’re always taking the kitten out of each other regardless and that’s what makes it fun!

I can tell you from many weeks in T1 (we were formerly ET) it isn’t all its cracked up to be, especially for Oceanics. The frustration of taking a few points then having the Asian guilds come right in afterwards and undoing all your work in 30 minutes is soul destroying.

I’m really happy in T2, the fights are intense and pretty evenly spread. I’m not certain why the Oceanics from IoJ or SoR would leave, we don’t have a large Oceanic presense on BG (but plenty of experience). Grass is almost never greener. Don’t spread our population too thin guys or we’ll end up a dead timezone.

Merry Xmas to allies and enemies alike, look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

rchu.8945

[NOC] Nocturnal are out there most nights fighting and having a blast! There’s been some great fights, we’ve won some, we’ve lost some, but we’re always taking the kitten out of each other regardless and that’s what makes it fun!

Merry Xmas to allies and enemies alike, look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

it’s always fun when u play against servers that lack the resources to win against you, I wish I can say the same.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

I couldn’t agree more.

The problem I see is the servers that are winning are allowed to go on winning far too long. We’re not going to stop people from being people and wanting to stack on a winning server so the only solution is to develop a system that is tolerant to people doing what people do.

Arenanet is currently failing at that and they are failing at noticing the problem and adapting their model to correct it.

Look at the top 4 brackets. The scores aren’t really extremely close there.

One of the problems is a winning server like Blackgate or Tarnished should not be allowed to sit here and win 6 weeks in a row with little to no chance of losing. That takes the issue here and exacerbates it far beyond what is necessary.

The math could either be tweaked to allow more volativity in the scores or any other number of changes could be implemented.

although, like the transfer problem, this is Arenanet’s failing and not our community. We can only do our best to enjoy the imperfect and slow to improve system we were given.

-Desirz Matheon

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

snacktime.1082

I think it’s population + coverage. Low pop servers are just boring. I’ve played in T7, T4, T3, and T2. I far prefer T2 because I can always find a variety of action from defending/taking keeps to 5 man roaming. Even on T3 this was not possible.

And I do know that some guilds move because they think they can bring a server into a new bracket. I’ve seen several guilds do this (and state so in public) over the several months I’ve been playing. It’s a misguided strategy.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

snacktime.1082

I couldn’t agree more.

The problem I see is the servers that are winning are allowed to go on winning far too long. We’re not going to stop people from being people and wanting to stack on a winning server so the only solution is to develop a system that is tolerant to people doing what people do.

Arenanet is currently failing at that and they are failing at noticing the problem and adapting their model to correct it.

One of the problems is a winning server like Blackgate or Tarnished should not be allowed to sit here and win 6 weeks in a row with little to no chance of losing. That takes the issue here and exacerbates it far beyond what is necessary.

The math could either be tweaked to allow more volativity in the scores or any other number of changes could be implemented.

although, like the transfer problem, this is Arenanet’s failing and not our community. We can only do our best to enjoy the imperfect and slow to improve system we were given.

While I keep hoping the community will do something, it’s mainly because I have little faith in Anet to fix it. You are right it’s a systemic problem and it’s really something Anet should fix.

But until then, the community is all we have.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Isredel.4302

I say, forget the whole ranking system and just randomize WvW every week. It’ll take away a lot of the competitive feel and might take away a lot of the tension between the casual and hardcore players.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

rchu.8945

Quote:

Yea, thats a great idea. Punish winners.

Quote:

I say, forget the whole ranking system and just randomize WvW every week. It’ll take away a lot of the competitive feel and might take away a lot of the tension between the casual and hardcore players.

Even better, no winners at all!

What is wrong with you guys. The V in PvP stands for Verses.

Farmville is open I hear.

because clearly BG is winning fair and square right?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

Yea, thats a great idea. Punish winners.

you need to re-read what you quoted.

nobody has said anything in this thread to date suggesting anyone punish winners.

-Desirz Matheon

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

score update please? damn being vacation abroad kills me and i will unable to play GW2 for this entire match T-T

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Akinorix.5107

Akinorix.5107

Needs more IOJ-SoR superserver talk.

This

Xakinori – Pain Train Choo [Choo]

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Yes please make a super server. And when we still manage to win, then you can make a super duper server.

BeeGee
Beast mode

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

Score Update at 10:30P Eastern.

Attachments:

-Desirz Matheon

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

it’s always fun when u play against servers that lack the resources to win against you, I wish I can say the same.

That’s completely untrue for the Oceanic timezone, we are always outnumbered by 30+ IoJ and some SoR zergs in our prime time. We just have the brains to send out scouts and avoid them or change maps. Either that or hit them when they’re vulnerable. Something is lacking for IoJ in Oceanic prime time, they have always greater numbers than us, I don’t know why they aren’t doing better tbh. SoR seems to be about even in terms of numbers.

We don’t play US timezone so really have no idea what goes on there (and don’t really care tbh). I just know that we have some great fights when we play, win a few more than we lose, almost always against greater numbers.

The rage and trolling just isn’t necessary really, its a game and we’re all here to have fun. As Joker would say “Why so serious?”.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

because clearly BG is winning fair and square right?

What is this supposed to mean?

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Doomdesire.9365

Yes please make a super server. And when we still manage to win, then you can make a super duper server.

Your ego is astonishing. You’re making BG look bad because all you do is come on here and show your ego when I have never shown that kind of unwelcomness to BG/IOJ here. Never have I insulted BG as a server in anyway. You sure talk alot for being on the forums. Help your server out, don’t just take the credit, and please for the love of god people, have some respect for each other.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Isredel.4302

Even better, no winners at all!

What is wrong with you guys. The V in PvP stands for Verses.

Farmville is open I hear.

You need to re-read what you quoted from me too. There would always be a winner and a loser, only there would be no punishments for either!

Right now, at least in my server there is a huge amount of tension between the hardcore players who just wanna win and the casuals who just wanna have fun. Taking away this “My server has a bigger e-peen than yours” would ease a lot of this tension.

(edited by Isredel.4302)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Doomdesire.9365

Your ego is astonishing. You’re making BG look bad because all you do is come on here and show your ego when I have never shown that kind of unwelcomness to BG/IOJ here. Never have I insulted BG as a server in anyway. You sure talk alot for being on the forums. Help your server out, don’t just take the credit, and please for the love of god people, have some respect for each other.

Have you actually went through my posting history and come to that conclusion? Where is this unwelcomeness you speak of? My response to super server talk was a sarcastic ribbing one, sorry if you were offended by it. But please spare me the psycho analysis.

The unwelcomeness is in many of your posts in this thread. There’s always the hint of “I’m superior to you blah blah blah”. If you can’t see it, you’re more egotistical than I thought. The kind of posts like that is why we have guilds calling each other out. You should read your posts before actually posting them.

Yet here again with more insults and psycho analysis. Yes I am the cause of all that is wrong in the forums. You’ve insulted me in 2 posts now, I haven’t insulted you. Is this your way of showing how much you care? I am telling Santa how naughty you’ve been.

There it is again. I give up. There’s no getting to you.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

this is true… it is kinda unfortunate that despite winning 4 weeks in a row we loose raiting each week…

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: marquees.6230

marquees.6230

Have you actually went through my posting history and come to that conclusion? Where is this unwelcomeness you speak of? My response to super server talk was a sarcastic ribbing one, sorry if you were offended by it. But please spare me the psycho analysis.

The unwelcomeness is in many of your posts in this thread. There’s always the hint of “I’m superior to you blah blah blah”. If you can’t see it, you’re more egotistical than I thought. The kind of posts like that is why we have guilds calling each other out. You should read your posts before actually posting them.

Yet here again with more insults and psycho analysis. Yes I am the cause of all that is wrong in the forums. You’ve insulted me in 2 posts now, I haven’t insulted you. Is this your way of showing how much you care? I am telling Santa how naughty you’ve been.

Santa told me he has a list! And he’s checking it twice!

Gonna find out who’s naught or nice! ;D

[ICoa] Jakryen
Media Officer of Imperial Coalition
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Santa told me he has a list! And he’s checking it twice!

Gonna find out who’s naught or nice! ;D

Have you been naughty or nice? =P
Santa knows if you’re lying!

BeeGee
Beast mode

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Fourth.5603

Fourth.5603

I can tell you from many weeks in T1 (we were formerly ET) it isn’t all its cracked up to be, especially for Oceanics. The frustration of taking a few points then having the Asian guilds come right in afterwards and undoing all your work in 30 minutes is soul destroying.

Koreans were BG’s undoing during our first tour in T1.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Kanji Maki.1695

Kanji Maki.1695

Fun 2v1 TL came, then Drgn….LotD from bg gets the most points had lots of fun fights. Started the night 1v1 sever wise about 30sorv50bg before our prime hit and lost hills.

Que to Que was a stand off most off the night…til LotD left soon this map at least will be blue.

Conquerors Within [WvW]-Commander-Valor Victis-Thief-Sanctum of Rall

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: SirLeroyz.5820

SirLeroyz.5820

honestly the real problem I see with the criticism against bg has to do with those big egos (i don’t blame them i read a lot of the bg comments, nothing but arrogant remarks and denial of resource advantages) , you want to think your better than the other servers fine, understandable, but don’t treat them like trash. There’s no sportsmanship, no respect (of course when i say this i don’t mean everyone), and they don’t seem to realize that yes they do have the number advantage they always outnumber us in a fight 3 to 1 ratio(no matter what time i logged in there was always a zerg of 30 to 40 people raiding when we only had half or less. camping jump quest areas when all people want to do is get an achievement or jump for the sake of fun.

anet needs to do something about the server transfer, i believe its high time to start charging a fee, its getting out of hand where a lot of guild is jumping onto bg bandwagon

(edited by SirLeroyz.5820)

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: BMW.2951

BMW.2951

Why is everyone so depressed? Its just a game guys, Tier 2 is always fun and you know there is always a great battle when you walk out into the wvw battlefield. Win or lose I will continue to have fun That’s what its all about.

Character- [KnT] Masta Yodaa
Asura Thief
Server- Beastgate

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

What WvW oceanics will be left on IoJ after HIRE, BP and ND are gone just out of curiosity?

I know those 3 guilds were the most responsible for the 2nd place win that IoJ eek’d out a couple weeks back. Who’s left over there oceanic and euro wise?

Let me clear this up.
1) All of HIRE did not leave, there are a solid number who remained with IoJ and have formed new guilds or integrated into others.
2) BP has been gone for several weeks now, they really had a minor impact and we actually took 2nd place without them the week they left.
3) ND has not indicated that they are leaving, the fact that they are still on IoJ speaks volumes for both their character and for the IoJ server WvW community as a whole.

Dec 14 - BG/SoR/IoJ

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

this is true… it is kinda unfortunate that despite winning 4 weeks in a row we loose raiting each week…

This is an oversimplification of the overall issue, however I do agree that “week long matchups” are nothing of the sort. It seems to me as if Arenanet is confused over if they intend to have week long match ups or a permanent Glicko rating system. A mix of the two would be ideal based on the current server population balance and performance, with 6 servers to a Tier and constant rearranging of matchups within the 6 server group. Servers could still move up and down between the tiers.