Deso vs Arbor vs BB vs NPC

in WvW

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

Since there wasn’t any topic for us yet, I created it.
What do you think about the matchup thus far?
I think it’s the most boring week ever. Not because of either server but because of the stupid pve event crap they implemented. we all play wvw because we like big scale pvp, but what do we get? just more pve in pvp.
thoughts?

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

As long as i can roam (impossible against VS player, as they never move unless they are 10+), it’s ok for me

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

Pretty even, pretty fun so far… good guilds and good players on all sides, fun battles… problem is Anet and their total disregard for us, the ppl who keep the game alive. I mean, how many patch notes like that can we take? Its ridiculous… PvE EVERYWHERE. Inflitrating your WvW. In your face, like it or not (and they KNOW we dont)

We got the first additions (small fixes tbh, couple days worth of work) since release yesterday… its hilarious. Like, sometimes it feels like they dont want US to play for some reason.

as long as the battles keep beign fun, well be there. But we wont enjoy a stale meta forever.

Keep doing your thing, Arbor and Deso. you are great opponents. Lets have some fun before this dream ends.

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I had so much fun defending against insane amount of BB in EB yesterday evening. You guys really love trebus, don’t you? And then Arbor joined, intense fights when all 3 server clashed together! Awesome work guys ’n gals :>

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

And to rub it in, yesterday there was TWO NPC commanders attacking NE and NW towers almost simultaneously on Arbor border. And after that third one came to NE tower just minutes after second was killed at NW.

Bsically Anet is giving you both towers on home map for free. And Garrison eventually, as a consequense. I think generally this breakout event is good thing but needs a little bit of fine tuning.. It shouldn’t give your opponent an edge over you.
Think about it, if there were NPC commanders going out as new cars from conveyor, this means opponent had enough forces to just group up and give us hell on one of the towers without any NPC help.

P.S. Oh bthw what’s with invulnerability buff on NPC-placed siege?!

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchet.4513

Hatchet.4513

Well for me yesterday was far too passive with servers simply protecting their own BL

BB how on earth do you maintain the nighttime numbers? The amount you had in Deso BL were ridiculously impressive seeing it was 3am for you guys how can you maintain that?

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

Well for me yesterday was far too passive with servers simply protecting their own BL

BB how on earth do you maintain the nighttime numbers? The amount you had in Deso BL were ridiculously impressive seeing it was 3am for you guys how can you maintain that?

They are spanish speaking north americans are they not? Thats why they have little daytime presence .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: iiMulch.2138

iiMulch.2138

It was fun today, my guild built about 10 golems in arborstone borderland. We went on a rampage and made the whole map red in about 10 mins with huge golem attacks on fully upgraded keeps and towers.

Although that was fun wvw is getting dull for me. Been doing the same thing for months now for no reason. There’s no reward no ranks and it doesn’t matter who wins at the end. If it wasn’t for my amazing guild I would have stopped playing ages ago.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Exactly my thoughts. Wvw has become monotonous.
No rewards, nothing.. I am also getting bored of it.

I have no interest in pve or events.but looks we are the minority who wont be heard

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Need wait until February patch… but if Anet fail ( not very surprising… ) WvW will sign the end for many guild in gw2..

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: SAC.7862

SAC.7862

They are spanish speaking north americans are they not? Thats why they have little daytime presence .

Correct, we are all from Mexico Colombia Argentina… and we are trying to fix the unmmanned problem during morning and daytime recruiting Koreans.

Seriously when will people get that our culture is different than most euros when we talk about schedules.

Due to your post referring to an already deleted post, your post was deleted as well.

in WvW

Wolbryne.4037

good fights on deso border last night. simultaneous attacks on north and south hills and db. was hard trying to counter with just 25-30 people.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Seriously when will people get that our culture is different than most euros when we talk about schedules.

What?!? Are you VAMPIRES?!? :P This way or another you guys have a nice night time(gmt) presence and doing a good job when you are there.

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Thank you MoS, KAZ and many more for such a nice evening on Desolation BL last evening. Really enjoyed fighting you guys on both fronts.

[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Jomg.9061

Jomg.9061

I hope this won’t be the future of tier 2. Both AS and BB are pretty ‘average’ during prime time and cap everything during the night. Most boring matchup so far imo.

You mean: scoring +350/400 in prime time is average ? k

Pervx [DEX]

in WvW

Wothan.4673

You’r playing yesterday prime time ? seem’s not ..

Attachments:

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Tzun.6073

Tzun.6073

Could had taken a couple pictures of us with higher potential points and still wouldn’t mean crap. ( Us being Desolation ) Please, stop trying to turn this thread into a discussion.

Funnily enough, I remember your name from previous “AS” threads, you were there creating an argument too… get some fresh air mate.

in WvW

Posted by: Lizerunn.9072

Lizerunn.9072

Please, stop trying to turn this thread into a discussion.

Funnily enough, I remember your name from previous “AS” threads, you were there creating an argument too… get some fresh air mate.

……

hmmmm….

…..

Well, well, well….

….

Ok.
AS is winning, you’re loosing.
Is that enough in the subject and not to much arguing for you ?

in WvW

Posted by: Tzun.6073

Tzun.6073

Please, stop trying to turn this thread into a discussion.

……

hmmmm….

…..

Well, well, well….

….

Ok.
AS is winning, you’re loosing.
Is that enough in the subject and not to much arguing for you ?

Enough, now crawl back into wherever hole you came from. Keep this thread clear of crap.

in WvW

Posted by: Lizerunn.9072

Lizerunn.9072

Enough, now crawl back into wherever hole you came from. Keep this thread clear of crap.

Fair enough, would you do the same ?
Oh wait.. too late actually.

in WvW

Wothan.4673

Could had taken a couple pictures of us with higher potential points and still wouldn’t mean crap.

Maybe.. But the

Both AS and BB are pretty ‘average’ during prime time

When you make 110/170 is really funny

Ah.. the last Deso topic .. when some Deso player try to explain why Deso is the N°1 EU serv for a long time and why Ruins have no influence in the Deso perf on the ladder … great time of fun

Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Anyway its been a good match up so far, reasonably close, sadly ruined by the npc.

Shame everyone seems to like moaning at each other on this thread. Arb deserve the lead and BB do alot of great stuff also. The night time numbers of BB are ridiculous, but a real challenge to face. So enjoyable none the less.

Cheers all.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Nice fights on Deso BL tonight, the lag at garrison was immense (really needs fixing) but it was a pretty interesting three way battle there

//Wrex

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Wolbryne.4037

Nice fights on Deso BL tonight, the lag at garrison was immense (really needs fixing) but it was a pretty interesting three way battle there

//Wrex

yeah during that entire fight in garrison that lasted a little over one hour I think I got 4-5 skills off. it was kitten luckily fixing the gates ant going to knock on the north bay gate helped to get you guys out of garrison

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

best lagfest i`ve had in ages in garrison. pitty that at 2.30 am there was only about 20 people in deso bl and garrison finally fell to the multitudes of bb.

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Hey guys,

Funny to see NOX with arbor never thought they go there…but was fun against Arbor and BB….My guild forsakengamer (FG) came into BB border and it was completely blue(BB) we took halve of that border with good coordination with TEQ and GOD too bad people needed to loggout in a few hours. We lost Bay but we took it back in a few hours…good fights at bay with arbor and BB….but they had both 40+ especially BB was with a big zerg(i think 50+ atleast)……but overall good fight at the end Deso won cus we never give up hahaha…..but we also gave eachother badges so everybody wins.

Have fun this week cus we all do wel in fights….i still looking for a guild from each server that really blinks in fights against FG but none found yet…please try to run with smaller groups or with your guild only:)

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

in WvW

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

There was some fun fights today. Our guild went into Arbor borderlands and found that GoD was there already and went to help them cap Hills back. Managed to reset everything in that borderlands aside from Bay.

Big Kudos to IRON. They are holding 1.5 borderlands by themselves. I had fun running with their main group most of afternoon and evening. Amazing fights guys, i really appreciate your dedication to desolation and i hope more new guilds(there are some staples like FG, GH, Haven JUG) would show as much effort as you guys. You guys clearly don’t get enough thanks, but i myself am really happy to play along you guys.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

in WvW

iiMulch.2138

Today GoD took over most of the arborstone borderland it was fun.

I hop on to the desolation borderland, go to EH and see arborstone demonstrating great hacking/exploiting abilities. I wish I could jump over the wall of a fully fortified keep and portal my zerg in without needing to break the gate.

in WvW

iiMulch.2138

Nice you took a screenshot, visit the mos millenium site and see the income, at certain points desolation have more points.

in WvW

Wothan.4673

Good fight in Askalion BB bordel tonight with the 3 realm.

Nice you took a screenshot, visit the mos millenium site and see the income, at certain points desolation have more points.

Yes like today, Deso start the prime time with great income ( ~420 in 8pm today if i’m right ) but finish the prime with average of less income ( ~200- ) as the reverse of AS.

Mos site problem is ; update only when ppl make it , you can have 2h or more without update some day :/ Like atm..

By example : Atm ig score is : AS : 420, DS 185, BB 90 .. On Mos site since the last 2h : AS 210, DS 355, BB 130.. So for Mos site, in this prime time Deso win widely.. IG is’t not the case…

Mos ws will be relevant when the score update all the 15 min like ig and not one time all the 2/3h

Jade Quarry

(edited by Wothan.4673)

in WvW

Wolbryne.4037

enjoying a nice evening of fighting and all of a sudden BAM there comes the 200 thousand people in the bb night capping team. it looked something a little bit like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANRCjWR58vA

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON

in WvW

Ogre.1750

hahahahaah <3

Die

Cheers!

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I think it will end the same way like last time we fought. We will lead bb by 5-10k lead all week and then they will night cap us on the last 2 days with 20k lead.

in WvW

Ogre.1750

Nah, your night shift is making a pretty serious effort this week, I think you might get this. You are a stubborn lot, and fight smart Deso, specially IRON. Gr8 fights today. Kudos dudes!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Those numbers BB got last night where insane. The zerg they had on Deso Bl was more then 60. We where defending EH with about 20 people…Damn mesmer portal.

Gonna be a long night again.

See you on the battlefield

in WvW

Posted by: Hatchet.4513

Hatchet.4513

Hehe Oeps its “Culture” apparently thats the reason for the night time number ;-)

oh and great fight with a mesmer and one other out the back of Greenvale last night seemed to go on for ages (little asura D/D)

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

Nice fights in Deso borderland. What a pitty every time we enter that empty borderland (i mean wihout Baruch ppl) more or less at 22.00 P.M. here in Spain, we fight vs insane zergs. Nevertheless those fights are pretty awesome and ejoyable! During the rest of the day, the game pretty much sucks for me. Everyone in his borderland and the only one with “some” action is BB with little organization.
Hope to see more awesome fights in Deso this night and the rest!

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Nah, your night shift is making a pretty serious effort this week, I think you might get this. You are a stubborn lot, and fight smart Deso, specially IRON. Gr8 fights today. Kudos dudes!!!

Thanks mate

But kitten why do you have to bring your army on as our people start to go to sleep.

If you go to 2m10secs on this video this is what it looks like from our side of the wall from about 10pm onwards.

must admit a guildy first described it like the above in the last match up.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]

(edited by Offski.4897)

in WvW

Ogre.1750

Odd feeling… on one side, loling hard bcuz of the comparison, on the other, scared kittenless cuz of the movie º_^

Woooah just woke up and 15k down? Jeez were done… GG Deso

in WvW

Posted by: Theagenes.7403

Theagenes.7403

Hi Everybody, first time poster here.
Just here to comment on the awesome numbers IRON and MOS are putting down on “our” primetime.
Kudos to everybody, lets see how this week evolves…i think its going to be a close one.

Btw, i can personally vouch for Ogro and KAZ on their legit tactics.

Council Member of [siN] – Seven Intincts
www.seveninstincts.com
Piken Square.[ES]

(edited by Theagenes.7403)

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Been my first week on Desolation and it’s been really fun. The fights in EB have been especially cool during prime time. Lots of BB gankers on the JP to jump on my corpse ;-)

Personally, I like the addition of the breakout events. It’s a good rallying call for guildless newbies who have just entered Wv3 and on my past server where numbers were quite low, it kept things interesting for the dominant server. Although I will admit it could do with a few tweaks like maybe removing the invulnerability window from the siege.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Kraken.7514

Kraken.7514

Seems the night force of Arbor and Deso went on vacation. Tonight until 2 am was fun, with good fights as usual. After it was horribly boring pvdoors.

Seems you took a break as your advantage is already really big. Cant blame you

As for the tower event, it was a random mesmer that placed the portal and many people entered it in the confusion.
I was in one of the golems during the event and the door was invulnerable for 1 minute, time when we decided to take them back and build catapults.

We love competition and beating our enemy in the battlefield and surely anyone that has fought with or against us knows that. We dont want shortcuts of any kind, our interest lies in fighting and killing our rivals.

Kraken – Guardian / Pretty Meris – Engineer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LGQJUaYDQD8

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Sorry but 10 golems against an empty keep is overkill and a bit unnecessary. We all want to do the best we can but come on.. seriously.
We all like a good battle but zergs are getting out of hand a bit.. We give as good as we get back and i have a lot of fun running rond but I do tend to avod zergs unless it;s for a big siege like SM.. If you know it’s basically night capping do you really need that amount of golems and a 30 man zerg behind it??

I’m not against zerging at all, it’s a valid and legitimate tactic but in the end if you just zerg everywhere people will get bored and just leave if it’s 2-3am.. and then you don;t get any decent battles at all which is pretty boring for us and you

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Last night we were defending a suply camp vs Arbor (i saw a lot of MOS & OPT) they where fighting us with 2 different groups.

We wiped them more then 3 times.
Had so much fun, ty for that.

We build a ton of siege then they tried to portal bomb us. But we spotted the mesmer.
Dont want to be disrespectfull , but it wasnt the best idea ever :P

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

Trying to fight you with our group separatly with around 25 players against your 40-50+ single zerg on your side was not a good idea.
We are still not using a single zerg of most people of the whole map to play. Our raid leaders lead their own guilds. + the pugs that want to follow them.

If we have to play like you to be able to do something , i prefere to play at an other game while acting like i’m afk.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

(edited by Truebanana.5936)

in WvW

Posted by: Snapple.9251

Snapple.9251

Trying to fight you with our group separatly with around 25 players against your 40-50+ single zerg on your side was not a good idea.
We are still not using a single zerg of most people of the whole map to play. Our raid leaders lead their own guilds. + the pugs that want to follow them.

If we have to play like you to be able to do something , i prefere to play at an other game while acting like i’m afk.

I don’t mean to be all controversial.. but there have been a number of times ive seen a big zerg filled with 2 different Arborstone guilds, 40-50+ people.
It is easy to feel all high and mighty about your superior tactics and everything.. but from the other side, unless you are a part of the organisation, it always looks like a big zerg blob.

If you split up your zerg, it means you have the superior numbers to be able to. Desolation rarely has that luxury.

[IRON] – SoR
Snappless / Osii

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

And please let me remind , if we had 40-50 man in this camp yesterday , only 10 of them was pugs/allys while all others are IRON.So it was not a united single zerg , or united different commanders.It was 1 commander 1 guild who were waiting for you there.

Also the 2nd stuff , you guys generally have more soldier than us when we fight head to head.Our normal crowd is 30 man.So that means you get 40+ man as Arbor when you get our keeps down.That means you use our tactic too.And as i said if you are dealing with IRON , it’s not a united group , it’s always just IRON and pugs.

I’m not telling this as an offensive matter.I envy you guy’s numbers as a server.I always wish that Deso had that much love for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Godomir.7159

Godomir.7159

I only want to clarify a few things.

First of all, this week is being very hard for us (BB) because I think Deso and Arbor are still above us in terms of organization, attack, defence,…we are in the correct way, but still we must walk a lot.
Also the skills of some single players of Deso and Arbor is impressive, very nice solo fights (most of time I lose, but learned a lot).
Probably one of the harder weeks we have.
But I read this thread and there are several posts that aren´t true.
1-Yes, our night force is important. But I can say the same about Deso or Arbor day force. Is just the opposite situation. Mornings specially. I can understand how you feel when overmanned that way. Is not fun. You are right. But we also haven´t fun at the morning. I say this because it seems there is no problem in zerg someone at the day but there are at night. Is the same in 2 different moments. Thats why matches are 24h during 7 days.
I´m with you, I don´t like zergs. But while Anet doesn´t change anything, this gameplay will be only zerging, turtle turtle turtle!!, and mesmer portals in your nose… :S nothing more, no skill, nothing. Who have the bigger numbers is the only important. Is sad, you all have right.
2-There is no south american guild in the server. None, Zero. There are some ramdoms south american players, but no guilds. I don´t mind if you believe or not, is your problem. But If someone needs to justify they are wiped at night, read the first point. We play at night more due to our own reasons, and I think a person don´t have to give explanations about when or why he plays.
Anyway, I really would like to have south american guilds in the server. Same as other servers have north american or canadian guilds, and they do a really great job.
I think nowadays to be in Tier1 is a must have, a total 24H coverage in all 4 borderlands. Is easier to say than to do, but when fighting against servers like seafarer´s rest is obvious that a 24h coverage is best.

Anyway, as I said, Deso and Arbor are for me two of the best servers we fighted. Very hard and strong opponents. We are trying to do our best but is not easy. I also noticed a good night presence in their BL, greater than ours in fact in these zones. Continue this way guys and I think T1 would be your natural place.

Good luck and nice fights!

in WvW

Posted by: Jomg.9061

Jomg.9061

Seems the night force of Arbor and Deso went on vacation. Tonight until 2 am was fun, with good fights as usual. After it was horribly boring pvdoors.

We love competition and beating our enemy in the battlefield and surely anyone that has fought with or against us knows that. We dont want shortcuts of any kind, our interest lies in fighting and killing our rivals.

Just bored of fighting your endless zerg.
I must say Kaz really step up for BB since last time we fought you. At least you guys have 1 guild who don’t insta wipe.
Still, fighting BB after EU prime time is not fun. Even after 3 week in D1 Vs H24 coverage , i didn’t saw any number like this .

But we get it : just wait few hours then recap everything, and let you go to D3.

Pervx [DEX]

in WvW

Posted by: Godomir.7159

Godomir.7159

Just bored of fighting your endless zerg.
I must say Kaz really step up for BB since last time we fought you. At least you guys have 1 guild who don’t insta wipe.
Still, fighting BB after EU prime time is not fun. Even after 3 week in D1 Vs H24 coverage , i didn’t saw any number like this .

But we get it : just wait few hours then recap everything, and let you go to D3.

I saw greater zergs. Seafarers and Kodash by example. Also as I said, Your day force is absurdly greater than ours. Same as night our force is greater. I have at day the same problem you have at night, so I understand you very well. Is not funny, nothing.