Ehmry Bay vs Gate of Madness vs Sorrow's Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

I’m pretty sure if there is hacking going on in the game, its NOT limited to one or a few servers, and to claim GOM’s success in WvW this week is due to hacking is for conspiracy theorist and whiners. We’re not inviting them to our server, we’re not participating in their actions, and we’re too busy in EB, playing as a team, executing planned attacks, to pay attention to the group of hackers on your servers….doing the same thing.

Thanks for the cake.

Oh, trust me, I’m sure Sorrow’s Furnace, like any other server, is doing it as well. That’s why I didn’t call out GoM server for doing it, rather the small groups I have provided evidence to ANet that I witnessed.

I also did the same thing for the small contingent form SoR I witnessed last week.

I’m not picking on GoM. I’m certain there are many fine people and guilds there. I enjoyed fighting SoR immensely the last two weeks, fantastic fights. But they still had those couple bad apples.

I would take even more effort in attacking and destroying the hackers of SF than I would in GoM or SoR, because all of that dishonesty would be done in my name, my guild’s name, and my server’s name. I’d be twice as diligent in seeing they are reported properly.

@Sirenic – I am not calling out your guild. I won’t even name the 2 guilds that I found doing the hacking. I’ve better sense and dignity than that.

Yours was not among them, however – that much I will say. At least from the reports and video I sent to ANet.

I can’t speak for anyone else, so I’ll let you hash that out with them directly.

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

in WvW

Posted by: Cement.6472

Cement.6472

PRO (Protocol) leader here from Gates of Madness.

Hello. - I just came on to read this thread noticed that my guild is being accused of some really stupid stuff.
First of all – we do not hack not do we coordinate hacking in any way.

Second of all – we are just at the wrong place at the wrong times.
Everytime we go for an orb with our omegas, some dimwad decides to hack at that precise moment and leaves everyone in our guild asking what they saw and who was it.

All I know is it was someone named Blue something from GoM.
Other then that we know nothing.

So once again don’t make false accusations without proof, if you have proof and someone in my guild is hacking ill kick them and apologize. I cannot control my members actions.

Take care, and good job this week everyone!

Phizyn out.

LOL so “we dont hack”
and then “I cannot control my members actions.”
please do not make false determination about your clan when in fact you really have no clue.

in WvW

Posted by: Osirus Fox.6380

Osirus Fox.6380

Commander Fox here, from GoM, good job to PRO & BBF alliance for dominating WvWvW this week. Keep up the good work! Commander Alliance for life!

Commander Osirus Fox [RUN]

in WvW

Posted by: fatboy.5016

fatboy.5016

Dominating, you have nothing to fight, 4 am est max 11 Sorrows furnace on. You all ant got skill when you all have nothing to fight. Your pop grew due to transfers, plain and simple, As long as free transfers exists then wvw is doomed. So Gom can night cap, pitaful, you all got nothing to fight so you say your dominating, Geesh must be hard taking everything from those npcs. And dont even say well your server needs to step it up. They did, its called transfer after transfer and im fn sick of it. When transfers end we will see who the real winner is.. Till then Gom your victory means nothing. You fought no one for that crap.

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

Commander Fox here, from GoM, good job to PRO & BBF alliance for dominating WvWvW this week. Keep up the good work! Commander Alliance for life!

A pat on the back for the Commander Alliance on successful offensive operations, but also a hand of applause for the other unnamed group of individuals not part of the Commander Alliance who have worked hard, and deserve the recognition as well.

Was just in a match-up this morning, and came to Ebay almost owning everything in EB. I have to hand it to Ebay and SF. Ebay nearly managed to take our keep, and it was a scary 3 hours. Afterwards, SF started rolling out repainting much of EB into red.

Intense, intense match-up.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

LOL so “we dont hack”
and then “I cannot control my members actions.”
please do not make false determination about your clan when in fact you really have no clue.

Don’t be that guy. Those statements are perfectly reasonable in context. His guild is against hacking, but he cannot guarantee that no-one in his very large guild has ever done it. If he does find evidence of in-guild hacking, he boots the members.

There was nothing false about his post. In fact, he was being quite honest by admitting that he cannot possible police every member of his guild 24/7.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I wanted to add a little more to this thread since it has been relatively civil up to this point.

I appreciate the opposing servers Guild leaders coming forward to state their intentions to report and ban people using exploits. This is much appreciated and I hope you can forgive the few people on here that paint all GOM players with the same brush.

I can almost guarantee that Ehmry Bay will not be spared the same accusations in the future, and I hope that we can all work together to track down and ban these players from our game.

Since not everybody is using the public forums and may not know about the seriousness of the issue, I’d ask that people chat with their guilds and friends about it. I really want to start a movement by our community to eliminate this element whenever it rears its ugly head.

I think it’s fair to say that the majority of players in GW2 want a good fight, free of hacks. We cannot let a few stupid individuals ruin a great game.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in WvW

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

GW2 is still young. Most everyone here understands that. There are actually fewer problems for a budding title here than there were elsewhere (WoW or Aion, anyone?).

The unfortunate truth is also however that it is significantly easier to hack than many other titles, particularly as a new release and release bugs able to mask many actions otherwise banable. The game is new, so many believe there is more incentive to hack to advance faster/better.

The other half of that is we can safely assume most, if not all, of these hackers will walk away unpunished. I do often have to wonder… I found 2 GW2 hacking software packages with a simple google search, including instructions on how to download, install, and use to “maximize potential”.

Is ArenaNet even taking the five minutes out of their day to do what I did in that time by myself as a concerned consumer to rectify the issue?

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

We (GoM and the guild PRO) just took all 3 orbs, legitimately as well might I add. Cry hacks now. You are getting stomped legitimately.

Actually, I am not. I’m from Tarnished Coast. Look at our current score and in the ladder rankings, then compare.

I was only stating an observation from when Tarnished Coast fought Gates of Madness. And it didn’t help GoM at all, the whole server got wrecked because of the 3 borderland hack bringing a lot of poor publicity to the server.

And instead of getting so defensive, realize I stated that it wasn’t GoM’s problem, it was something that has to be dealt with by Anet. I only mentioned that observation because it’s also reasonable for entire servers to blame all of GoM due to the coincidences that have been observed.

Correlation does not mean causation, however it is implied.

@Raist. Really, clueless. Look at your own post.

in WvW

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

As an EB player who wished for a fair game this week, I’m disappointed to see both proof and accusation of hacking. It seems that quite a few reports have Gate of Madness users once again as a large culprit. Much like last week, hacking for Gate of Madness has really damaged the entire server. It’s unfortunate. I have friends on Gate of Madness, and I know that the entire server is not responsible. However, the entire server has received benefit from these hackers.

This means that while the entire server is not guilty of hacking, the entire server has received benefit from the actions of the hackers. I can only hope that Gate of Madness like Tarnished Coast does all they can to report and outcast those who would tarnish the wins of those servers.

So, good job to Gate of Madness on your win. You fought hard for some of it, and for other parts, you gained advantage through the illicit actions of others. While it does not reflect on your server as a whole, it definitely makes a victory for your server a mixed outcome.

in WvW

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

What I have seen happening on GoM with regards to this issue is we are starting to get a few people who organize the same maps. If I go to EB, I see the same people calling out intel and rallying the masses. If I go to SF borderlands, I know I can find player X who is keeping the map focused on defense or calling out what to attack. Then we have a group of about 5 commanders that are coordinating. They agree who’s going to which map, what their objectives are and contact each other if some back up is needed on a map. These coordinated commanders seem to have their peak later in the night. Who knew our server could coordinate? :P

As far as I’m aware, there is no large influx of players to our server. I am guessing that we have some casual players jumping on the bandwagon when they see we are winning. The last match up was abysmal. Everywhere we turned was a wall of invaders coming to steamroll us. I can’t blame them for wanting to come in for a more inspiring experience.

I have a unique perspective with my current jacked up work/school schedule. I play between 6pm-10pm and 2am-8:30am central. When I’m doing my school work I check back into the WvW menu from Queensdale whenever I need an brain break.

I have the privilege of seeing both prime time and the late/early hours of 2AM+. In snapshots (doing school) and in real time. I can definitively say that it is not just organization. There are more people and more guild tags on GOM than there was by far. Zergs occasionally happened during the night out of nowhere, but now they regularly happen in specific segments of the morning. When people go to work being especially popular.

As my screenshot shows, it’s to the point it’s not even just a majority of things in their hands now, it’s EVERYTHING. At the time everyone is at work the zerg arrives and places multiple siege golems and countless siege. But honestly they could beat down the doors with weapons and we’d be powerless to stop them because of sheer numbers. I can only imagine the situation is worse for SF. They were low pop compared to both.

I’ve seen this build step by step and piece by piece over the course of around a week now. I didn’t come to my conclusion flippantly and trust me I’d rather be wrong. It’s extremely disheartening to go from a good fun battle against a server to facing 5:1 odds when people are going to work knowing that you’re losing everything for 8+ hours. There is no recovery from that.

Note: The situation being as it is most likely stems from free server transfers primarily. As stated there was a nice fun close round before this all started.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

@Enerjak
SoR has had no incidents of hacking in our matchup this week so hopefully we have caught ours. Our matchup this week there has only been 2 orb hacking incidents and they were from one individual from Yaks Bend. Yaks Bend were great sports and let us take the Orb back and Ascension Bay and we then left Ascension bay undefended so they could take it back as they had taken it legitimately in the first place. Much respect goes out to the leader of [Foo] for organising this. Hacking ruins WvW for everyone involved but with good coordination and respect for the other teams maybe other servers will follow the example of Yaks Bend in the future.

I’m just posting this as information and maybe encouragement that servers affected by these lowlifes can work together to eliminate the issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Zindel.8673

Zindel.8673

What I have seen happening on GoM with regards to this issue is we are starting to get a few people who organize the same maps. If I go to EB, I see the same people calling out intel and rallying the masses. If I go to SF borderlands, I know I can find player X who is keeping the map focused on defense or calling out what to attack. Then we have a group of about 5 commanders that are coordinating. They agree who’s going to which map, what their objectives are and contact each other if some back up is needed on a map. These coordinated commanders seem to have their peak later in the night. Who knew our server could coordinate? :P

As far as I’m aware, there is no large influx of players to our server. I am guessing that we have some casual players jumping on the bandwagon when they see we are winning. The last match up was abysmal. Everywhere we turned was a wall of invaders coming to steamroll us. I can’t blame them for wanting to come in for a more inspiring experience.

I have a unique perspective with my current jacked up work/school schedule. I play between 6pm-10pm and 2am-8:30am central. When I’m doing my school work I check back into the WvW menu from Queensdale whenever I need an brain break.

I have the privilege of seeing both prime time and the late/early hours of 2AM+. In snapshots (doing school) and in real time. I can definitively say that it is not just organization. There are more people and more guild tags on GOM than there was by far. Zergs occasionally happened during the night out of nowhere, but now they regularly happen in specific segments of the morning. When people go to work being especially popular.

As my screenshot shows, it’s to the point it’s not even just a majority of things in their hands now, it’s EVERYTHING. At the time everyone is at work the zerg arrives and places multiple siege golems and countless siege. But honestly they could beat down the doors with weapons and we’d be powerless to stop them because of sheer numbers. I can only imagine the situation is worse for SF. They were low pop compared to both.

I’ve seen this build step by step and piece by piece over the course of around a week now. I didn’t come to my conclusion flippantly and trust me I’d rather be wrong. It’s extremely disheartening to go from a good fun battle against a server to facing 5:1 odds when people are going to work knowing that you’re losing everything for 8+ hours. There is no recovery from that.

Note: The situation being as it is most likely stems from free server transfers primarily. As stated there was a nice fun close round before this all started.

Give it a rest. I log on every night at 7pm for the past week and EB map was even (not including SM which we’ve fought our kitten off for). And don’t blame night capping or server pop cause the entire map being taken over occurred TWICE both at prime time PST. How? Good commanders, people who listen, strategy, relentless determination. Not because of some un-guilded assclown flying up a wall, which is the only proof of any “hacking” going on.

~I’m in ur keep….stealin ur cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Give it a rest. I log on every night at 7pm for the past week and EB map was even (not including SM which we’ve fought our kitten off for). And don’t blame night capping or server pop cause the entire map being taken over occurred TWICE both at prime time PST. How? Good commanders, people who listen, strategy, relentless determination, three times the numbers. Not because of some un-guilded assclown flying up a wall, which is the only proof of any “hacking” going on.

Fixed it for you

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Zindel.8673

Give it a rest. I log on every night at 7pm for the past week and EB map was even (not including SM which we’ve fought our kitten off for). And don’t blame night capping or server pop cause the entire map being taken over occurred TWICE both at prime time PST. How? Good commanders, people who listen, strategy, relentless determination, three times the numbers. Not because of some un-guilded assclown flying up a wall, which is the only proof of any “hacking” going on.

Fixed it for you

No, actually what you’ve done is known as plagiarism.

Do you honestly believe GOM has as many active players as Ebay and SF combined, during prime time?

in WvW

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

prime time PST

Oh yeah

It’s almost comical at how organized it seems that everyone goes to bed all at once right at the stroke of midnight EST on Ehmry, which unfortunately is during primetime PST.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Give it a rest. I log on every night at 7pm for the past week and EB map was even (not including SM which we’ve fought our kitten off for). And don’t blame night capping or server pop cause the entire map being taken over occurred TWICE both at prime time PST. How? Good commanders, people who listen, strategy, relentless determination. Not because of some un-guilded assclown flying up a wall, which is the only proof of any “hacking” going on.

Comically you completely missed the point. Prime time is the only times it’s an even fight because we’ve clawed back what was taken in the morning. You tl;dr’d it and figured you could comment on it anyways.

Really, if you are going to quote something, please bother to read it first.

Also, your takes during prime time is a complete red herring and has NOTHING to do with what happens during the night or morning. How is that proof of anything other than what happened during prime time?

Another note on prime time. GOM is so saturated with players right now that bl’s that zergs were actually farming veteran and champion mob events. Even with nobody to fight 30 man zergs are rolling around. Certainly not the case before the point reset.

Logic and objectivity are not strong points these days I’m afraid.

(edited by Ralathar.7236)

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

No, actually what you’ve done is known as plagiarism.

Do you honestly believe GOM has as many active players as Ebay and SF combined, during prime time?

Yes, yes they do. It wasn’t that way but now it is. EB/SF WvW population shrunk while GOM population grew. Alot of people don’t want to go and WvW anymore because you’re always outnumbered. GOM has actually begun to just melee down gates it’s gotten so bad. Lost 4 seperate towers today to overwhelming odds (3:1 was about the average) where GOM ended up meleeing down the gates. There were no pulls, no reflection auras, no real support skills, just mindless zerg.

We actually won a good number of open field fights with 2:1 or once 3:1 odds (and a veteran warg) , but then backup arrived to tip those odds further out of our favor again. For reference we were a running 5 man and kitten near the only EB out there.

I miss the old GOM from the last point matchup. The GOM that fought well and earned it’s share. The old ones are still there, but to be frank the new players that transferred into your server are just not any good at all. They help you win but they make your entire server look bad.

I respect what your server was, and will be again when the horde transfers to their next server. I do not respect what your server is currently.

in WvW

Posted by: Raist.4580

Raist.4580

Current score
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/47803/module_gallery/original/847511.jpg

And since my entire post was deleted , will try again just shorter.

Some have worked very hard on gaining GoM a 24/7 population. The same player base who got it done against larger numbers in previous matchups is still here and not going anyplace. So when we do bounce back to top tiers population and night capping will not be an issue. Organization has only got better.

[PRO] has not hacked in our presence, nor does anyone believe they do.

The last night of last weeks matchup has been a turning point for some and brought faith to many in GoM player base that have been out in WvW since launch. 8+ hours holding north EB against both server zergs was talked about spread across server. The new numbers have come mostly from players already on the server. Say what you will about respect, but respect in pvp especially mmo pvp means nothing.

Many are doing work out in WvW on GoM, no reason to take away from it.

shout out to the EST AM morning crew!

Raist Delirium | [KBD] Killed by Death | Tarnished Coast
Commander of the Army of Northern Virginia
http://failmore.enjin.com

in WvW

Zindel.8673

You guys are so completely full of BS its not even funny. I could name everyone I feel responsible for organizing attacks over the last 3 nights on my right hand, the regulars on my left hand and toes…

It was not just a couple of days ago EB was winning and there wasnt all this fuss. Now all of a sudden GOM pulls ahead and we’re chalked up to being hackers, night cappers and having a ridiculous numbers of people online. We have lost SM what… 4-5 times now?

Our morale has gone up, and perhaps to a small degree our participation, but its the same crowd. Equally the opposite, SF and Ebay moral has gone down and subsequent active players… psychology is part of war.

Unfortunately… lowering morale also seems to fuel whining on the forums. Less QQ and more PewPew as they say! Thank you for the cake!

PS.

… at elast we’re not in last place this week, but tbh, I think EB won this week, simply because we don’t have orb hackers and crap on our server.

The first night we successfully took over the map we pushed SF out of O/L and had as many attackers as you did pushing SM about 2 hours ago. and it took us almost 4 hours to do it, one failed attempt. How did this happen? We asked people to stop pushing on QL and Durious hoping that you wouldn’t retaliate and leave us alone long enough to do it. Sure as planned, you were pushing Pang and Ogre.

We set up 4 trebuchet on Anzalias Pass and guarded it with our lives. We ate it against SF guards and balista entering the interior, lost our spot on the Vista and continued to push the same plan and it worked.

Now as I mentioned you have as many people pushing SE walls 2 hours ago, Golem, Catapult, mortars, rams the whole 9…. but you gave up in less than 20 minutes and we had far less defenders on the walls. A few thieves on the ramparts clusterbombing, you send in the redcross…and they die…the whole attack was disorganized and it showed. You don’t have to believe it. I don’t really want you to.

PPS
SF I would go as far to say, has less active players than EBay, but WAY more formidable on the battlefield, and extremely persistent. shrug

(edited by Zindel.8673)

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

I don’t know about GoM’s hacking problem as my server isn’t matched up with them, nor do I remember ever being matched against them. I can say from my experience and reading threads on this forum, there will always many Ehmry Bay players here giving excuses for losing… be it hacking, glitches, secret alliances or timezones. I’m not pointing out all EB players, but by the posts of many of their players I’ve read here, it seems Ehmry Bay has never been outplayed by a server..it’s just shenanigans by the other servers or game bugs making them lose.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

There’s something, people tend to forget.
GoM actually pretty good at WvW. At least, this server was in middle of the rating not so long ago. It was hackers, who responsible for our fall. They started hacking orbs and we got double teamed. Two weeks in a row. Against Sea of Sorrows, Yak’s Bend, Sanctum of Rall and Tarnished Coast. We lost many WvW guilds because of this. But we never stop to fight. And this made us stronger.

After seeing, what Tarnished Coast capable of, a match against unorganised EB zerg is just… Easy. Seriously. During second day you had our keep almost open like 4 hours (thanks for bugged underwater gates) and couldn’t take it. You lost about 15 trebs and quaggan knows how much other stuff… We was outmanned during this siege – we pushed you first time only thanks to reinforcement from Orr.
Eventually, you took our keep. But you lost it in less than two hours. This was pretty much turning point.

Oh. And it seems your best PvP players prefer camping jumping puzzle over actual WvW. Every time I’m going there – there’s bunch of EB killing me. Well, I’m fine with that. Better them be there than helping you.

in WvW

Posted by: Davinna.2067

Davinna.2067

Logic and objectivity are not strong points these days I’m afraid.

I would have to agree. Where are the server population numbers you are making your claims with? Without that data, any statement about transfers to our sever is conjecture. Conjecture is subjective and not objective. Once you are talking about subjective statements, logic is not an option.

The cake is a lie!
Crimson Phoenix [CPT] – Gate of Madness

(edited by Davinna.2067)

in WvW

Posted by: fatboy.5016

fatboy.5016

ive counted so far 11 SF guilds on gom, that wasnt their few days ago. Tonight 8 of us held my keep/tower from Gom for 7 hours, till no one could give me another treb to continue defending my home. Dont you even think that was a real win, we didnt have the numbers, we had the outmanned buff. Transfers need to end and personally im fed up with WvWing with these pansies jump ship when things get a bit tough. Guess what gom, 3 weeks ago my server had triple your pop. Then we met Fortaspen then we lost 30%. Then we won against darkhaven and Sanctum of rall. Then all of a sudden 70% of our pop vanished as the next match started. This week, started out fine we was doing well, then BAM, 96% of our wvwing pop instantly vanished. we are about to be in the lowest ranking now. and probally will never rise again due to guilds switching servers just to farm points. Yea i caught on to that tactic long ago. But you can bite me, i ant WvWing till next match, i see no point in this. Never have the numbers, i spent 20 gold helping my server with upgrades and seige stuff just for the number issue to always pop up in the end. Im tierd of it, Tierd of Anets failure to remove transfers and tierd of the traitors…………… WvW used to be fun but not anymore and No i wont transfer servers. So enjoy your pop boost. ull end up back down here again n again as wat comes around, goes around.

in WvW

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

lol winning? Last week we was up against Maguuma which was another notorious server harboring hackers. I love alot of the posts on this thread defending GoM this week, and praising good work, when all the hacks started which quickittenurned the tide of battle, then all the night capping. The reason why I accuse GoM of being another typical hacker server is simple, just like with real life ~ when crime is committed and someone is an accessory Wiki to Accessory legal term Basically even if just one person hacks, then that server essentially defends the actions of the hacker – then the entire server really is an accessory to hacking – and obviously there are more than one person hacking.

Also some of the posts saying it was just one person doing it, way wrong ~ the hacking that was done Saturday and Sunday was definitely a co-ordinated strike which happened almost simultaneously and since then, other hacks cannot be totally ruled out either – I myself have seen a fair share of speed hackers. However, giving GoM one single benefit of doubt here, like a few people have mentioned – it isn’t outside the realms of possibility a few troll guilds are actively trying to destroy WvW – there is youtube evidence to support that theory.

Finally, since no point posting here again since the week is nearly over – advice to all GoM, next battle you get – I’d make sure everyone on the server keeps a look out for any hackers and immediately mass report to Anet because honestly, I think your servers general reputation this week, took another direct hit.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

GoM Player here. Just wanted to thank everyone who came out last night in each map. In the time I played(about 3 hours) I personally did not see any forms of hacking, and as a GoM player if map chat is any indication, we hate those who hack just as much as anyone else. Remember a few bad apples does not spoil the the whole bunch. Folks on GoM are just as concerned with people who exploit/hack, and personally I’m quick with that report feature.

Aside from all that, fun times folks, lets keep it up.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Remember a few bad apples does not spoil the the whole bunch.

Technically it does, which is where the saying originates from

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

I love how people think that is goes from losing the first point matchup to 100k point lead solely because they got better, while people continue to state quite clearly they gained a crapload of people and admit that there were hackers.

I would have to agree. Where are the server population numbers you are making your claims with? Without that data, any statement about transfers to our sever is conjecture. Conjecture is subjective and not objective. Once you are talking about subjective statements, logic is not an option.

Lets be honest here you would just contest my numbers or claim they are inaccurate in some fashion even if they came straight from ANET.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

lol winning? Last week we was up against Maguuma which was another notorious server harboring hackers. I love alot of the posts on this thread defending GoM this week, and praising good work, when all the hacks started which quickittenurned the tide of battle, then all the night capping. The reason why I accuse GoM of being another typical hacker server is simple, just like with real life ~ when crime is committed and someone is an accessory Wiki to Accessory legal term Basically even if just one person hacks, then that server essentially defends the actions of the hacker – then the entire server really is an accessory to hacking – and obviously there are more than one person hacking.

Also some of the posts saying it was just one person doing it, way wrong ~ the hacking that was done Saturday and Sunday was definitely a co-ordinated strike which happened almost simultaneously and since then, other hacks cannot be totally ruled out either – I myself have seen a fair share of speed hackers. However, giving GoM one single benefit of doubt here, like a few people have mentioned – it isn’t outside the realms of possibility a few troll guilds are actively trying to destroy WvW – there is youtube evidence to support that theory.

Finally, since no point posting here again since the week is nearly over – advice to all GoM, next battle you get – I’d make sure everyone on the server keeps a look out for any hackers and immediately mass report to Anet because honestly, I think your servers general reputation this week, took another direct hit.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever reported a bot? I have reported a slew of bots, and each day I go back and the bots are still there. Reporting someone does not mean that they will get banned.

Where is the “harboring” rhetoric coming from? What proof do you have that GoM is not reporting the hackers? I’m gonna assume that you report the hackers when you see them, how come those reports are not working? I guess you must be harboring the hackers too, shame on you. (Clearly, I’m not serious, but I hope it shows you the flaw in your logic.)

Until you can back up your claims with more than wild conjecture, stop accusing.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

<— Ehmry Bay player

I think this thread reinforces the fact that 1 week matches are too long. Look at all the resentment that is starting in this thread.

This week is won by GOM and at this point there is nothing to bicker about. It’s true that Ehmry Bay has had a couple loses lately and its also true that we have had hacks and exploits used against us during those loses, BUT that did not ultimately lead to our defeat. It was a contributing factor, but NOT what is keeping us from a win.

Right now I see barely any organization between guilds on our server and it’s like herding cats when you don’t have a commander button over your head. You think that people would be reading the /team chat and helping a guy who’s dropping rams at front gates, but instead, you’ve got people running all over the map doing absolutely nothing or sitting at the rez pad. Others come to a gate attack with no supply but expect things to magically appear in front of them. In the two hours i played last night i dropped 8 rams and helped grab every spot on the Ehmry Bay Borderlands except for the orb keep because people would not take direction. You say attack side wall, and they go to the reinforced front gate. You tell people to pick off enemy attackers from the rear, but they mindlessly look at a gate and hit it for 200 damage a minute. Or when you start to push a door down on an orb keep, people are scattering because they got hit by a single arrow cart. There was also the situation where we finally pushed inside the first gate of East Keep (orb keep) and nobody watches behind to make sure they don’t repair their outer gate. What happens after is everybody is trapped inside with no reinforcements and the entire push is wasted. I logged out in frustration because what had started as a 25 man push through the entire map, turned in to 10-15 people holding on to their belts desperately trying to not get their butt kittened by a force that only developed because we couldn’t get organized.

When GOM and SF are forming 5 man groups to pick off reinforcements; instead of Ehmry forming in 5 man+ groups to meet with our larger force, people trickle in one at a time to be slaughtered, or folks are running for the hills because it’s a 5 v 4 or 5 v 3.

At this point server transfers are starting to look pretty enticing since it seems that we have a good number of babies representing Ehmry Bay (not all of course, but there is WAAAAAY too much QQ).

It’s time to wake up Ehmry Bay, we’re gonna be riding the bottom of the server pile pretty quick if some major changes don’t occur. Folks can blame hacks and exploits all they want, but if they are simply going to WvW to pick herbs, then we have a serious problem.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

This thread is slightly going off-topic, Please remember that In-game violations should be reported directly to our Support Team, or you can send an e-mail to exploits@arena.net.

Thank you

in WvW

Posted by: Vinton.9726

Vinton.9726

I always tend to think of this every time I look at these threads

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

@Elthurien.8356 – that is cool to hear. That is class act right there.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Furiousbeard.7602
I think you may lack of leading charisma (no offense). As I’m. In my case I just talking directly to our reasonable commanders or coordinators if something unpleasant happened or must be done. It works. Several times this saved our keep with orb and SM.

And about our numbers. Well, I’m not going to lie – yes, we have more people than other servers are. But most of them joined WvW only after third day. First two days we was often outmanned (third place with about 10k point difference), there was no queue to Eternal either our Borderlands. At one point we even lost all our towers and the keep in Eternal.

On the fourth day I found our zerg more stupid than it usually is, just because of all those PvE people, who decided join only after when we got lading position by points. At this point the match became quite boring for me so I’m quit until next one.

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602
I think you may lack of leading charisma (no offense).

Trust me, no amount of charisma was going to make things better last night. It could have been Martin Luther King or Dwayne Johnson (“The Rock”) leading that pack, and things still would have fallen apart.

Besides Shadowmoon being lead by Jamaz, how many guilds on Ehmry bay regularly field 15-30 WvW players at one time?

I’m betting less than 5. It’s probably less than 3.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

At this point server transfers are starting to look pretty enticing since it seems that we have a good number of babies representing Ehmry Bay (not all of course, but there is WAAAAAY too much QQ).

Come join us over on GoM. Every new recruit get their own free orb!

in WvW

Posted by: eqpablon.9072

eqpablon.9072

We (GoM and the guild PRO) just took all 3 orbs, legitimately as well might I add. Cry hacks now. You are getting stomped legitimately.

Actually, I am not. I’m from Tarnished Coast. Look at our current score and in the ladder rankings, then compare.

I was only stating an observation from when Tarnished Coast fought Gates of Madness. And it didn’t help GoM at all, the whole server got wrecked because of the 3 borderland hack bringing a lot of poor publicity to the server.

And instead of getting so defensive, realize I stated that it wasn’t GoM’s problem, it was something that has to be dealt with by Anet. I only mentioned that observation because it’s also reasonable for entire servers to blame all of GoM due to the coincidences that have been observed.

Correlation does not mean causation, however it is implied

Just a heads up, if you are going to post observations from old match ups you need to make that clear. In your original post you make no mention of the fact that you were commenting on an older match; hence anyone reading it will infer that you are indeed talking about this weeks match.

In the match up against you guys, yes I did witness fly hacking. Know what we did? We got everyone out of the forts the ill-gotten orbs were residing in so that the rightful owners could retake them. It took awhile to co-ordinate, but we did accomplish that.

The vast majority of GoM’s WvW population are honest, and willing to make things right. Your assertion that we co-ordinate with our hackers is ridiculous. We co-ordinate to give you the orbs back. To insinuate that a guild is somehow connected demonstrates a reckless disregard for anything factual. Quoting your OP below.

I noticed PRO and some coincidental GoM zergs on the Orb respawn rate as soon as the orbs were hacked, funny it happened on all three Borderlands within just a few minutes. While it may not be the majority of their server, it sure kitten off my server enough to blindly focus on them at the expense of our other fronts in many battles.

I feel bad for GoM, but as long as so many people coordinate to use hacks, I can’t see it being easy to rebuild their reputation until Anet really counters the hacking problem.

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Furiousbeard.7602
I think you may lack of leading charisma (no offense).

Trust me, no amount of charisma was going to make things better last night. It could have been Martin Luther King or Dwayne Johnson (“The Rock”) leading that pack, and things still would have fallen apart.

Honestly I’ve seen both. I’ve seen EB field well coordinated BL’s and I’ve seen people kitten all over themselves and blindly go to anyone’s random suggestion. I don’t know if we should have won the second point match-up or not, we have problems and we need to fix them.

The only thing I’m sure of is that it should have been a lot closer than it was. The fact that it wasn’t saddens me as all 3 realms missed another good fight. I also want to state that this match wasn’t lost to hacking or anything. It was almost exclusively being capped during low pop hours. First night capping, then when we fielded more night people work hour capping. People can stay up a little later or get up early, but they cannot stop going to work and that’s 8+ hours of point ticks a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

This week is won by GOM and at this point there is nothing to bicker about. It’s true that Ehmry Bay has had a couple loses lately and its also true that we have had hacks and exploits used against us during those loses, BUT that did not ultimately lead to our defeat. It was a contributing factor, but NOT what is keeping us from a win.

Actually I’d say it was our dominant win over whoever it was like 3 weeks ago, which catapulted us too far up the ladder into a spot where we in turn got dominated for 2 weeks.

I think we’re in the right bracket now and we did at least manage 2nd this week. If we fell another bracket we’d just dominate again and in doing so set ourselves up for another couple weeks of failure afterwards.

When GOM and SF are forming 5 man groups to pick off reinforcements; instead of Ehmry forming in 5 man+ groups to meet with our larger force, people trickle in one at a time to be slaughtered, or folks are running for the hills because it’s a 5 v 4 or 5 v 3.

I agree with you on this though. It’s amazing that even now there are so many people who don’t realise there are three exits from every spawn.

Rage transfers aren’t the answer though; nobody likes a coat-tail rider. People just need to learn not to directly associate the match score with how much fun they can have. And if you understand that, then step up and educate those who don’t.

Remember, every server will lose 2 out of 3 times on average. It’s how you deal with your losses and what you can learn from them that counts.

in WvW

Zindel.8673

Thurs – 10/11/12 – 5:50 PST

hmmm?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sinfullysweet.4517

Sinfullysweet.4517

PRO (Protocol) leader here from Gates of Madness.

Hello. - I just came on to read this thread noticed that my guild is being accused of some really stupid stuff.
First of all – we do not hack not do we coordinate hacking in any way.

Second of all – we are just at the wrong place at the wrong times.
Everytime we go for an orb with our omegas, some dimwad decides to hack at that precise moment and leaves everyone in our guild asking what they saw and who was it.

All I know is it was someone named Blue something from GoM.
Other then that we know nothing.

So once again don’t make false accusations without proof, if you have proof and someone in my guild is hacking ill kick them and apologize. I cannot control my members actions.

Take care, and good job this week everyone!

Phizyn out.

I am a member of PRO as well, and if anyone hates hackers more than anyone it is Phizyn. He does not tolerate it at all and has no second thoughts about showing that person the door and reporting it to Arenanet. Everyone that I have ran with in PRO during www has always worked together and cannot stand hackers/glitchers etc.

Edit: Plus everyone in our guild loves the challenge, and agrees that hacking makes that challenge pointless. (Seriously wish they would just get rid of orbs at this time. Just the pvping, chaos, and trying to get towers is the fun part)

[OTG] ~ [GAME]~ [ROAM]~[AUTH]~ [LOFT]
Current Home: Yaks Bend Former Home: Maguuma/TC/SBI
Sin’s Characters on Gw2efficiency

in WvW

Posted by: Kitrick.1967

Kitrick.1967

GoM player here.

I represent Natures Fury [NF] on Gates of Madness, and just saying I’m glad we seem to be getting our act together as a server. Not too sure about the whole orb hacking thing, but then again I mostly roam solo or with a small man. However, seems to be good coordination over team chat lately, hopefully this trend stays with us.

Poking in here cause I wanted to say the battle over Sorrow’s Furnace Overlook was epic, I was the annoying Asura Guardian that just wouldn’t die but hits like a truck. There were only about 5 of us in that garrison, dunno what that says for you guys.

Thanks for the badges.

Attachments:

in WvW

Raist.4580

To bring a summary of page 3 of this thread. [PRO] is Pro.

No but really there are the same people out in WvW on GoM since launch and its good times.

Also its not a huge influx of new players on GoM, we are just that good. hehe

Most of the new names are from the server and just new to WvW. The only place that transfers have filled in is off hours like late PST into morning EST.

in WvW

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

To bring a summary of page 3 of this thread. [PRO] is Pro.

No but really there are the same people out in WvW on GoM since launch and its good times.

Also its not a huge influx of new players on GoM, we are just that good. hehe

Most of the new names are from the server and just new to WvW. The only place that transfers have filled in is off hours like late PST into morning EST.

Don’t forget about the GoM groups using noclip hacks to clear out garrisons at 4 AM EST every night. They have nothing to do with your success, nope.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in WvW

Posted by: RedlegXXV.5426

RedlegXXV.5426

My Fellow SF soldiers,

Though the hour is dark and the odds stacked against us, we must fight the good fight! Don’t give up! Work together, communicate, network, and keep moving! My hat is off to GoM and Ebay for tonight’s performance. While I can’t speculate on the rampant accusations of cheating since I have yet to witness any player “hacking” or “exploiting”, all I can say is we, as a community, need to move past these “hackers”.

For those of you in SF, if you want to start organizing better, message me. By working together and effectively communicating, we can restore our former glory. As for the server transfers and the mass exodus, good. We are better off without the “fairweather players”. Now that we have a solid core of honorable and dedicated players that stuck around, we can begin rebuilding.

As I said before, if you want to be part of this great reconstruction, send me a message on here, or find me in game! I look forward to witnessing our great revival, and our players truly coming together as a team! Good night all, and good luck to all of those still on the battlefield!

Beorn Windcrasher
Valravn of Ravens of The Lonely Mountain [rVn]

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

@TsukasaHiiragi.9730: A problem with your argument is that you are simply speculating that GoM is an accessory to the crime. Your deductions are unfortunately without foundation.

To Ehmry Bay and Sorrow’s Furnace:

I have to admit, there were plenty of times both servers have practically given me a heart attack. Don’t fret, there were quite a lot of times that I’ve ran into a group of 2-5 EBay or SF players, and I can tell that they were good at what they were doing. The 1v1s I’ve had (majority of which were lost to your players), the way they captured objectives, and particularly the way they PvP, they knew what they were doing. It was refreshing to see that skill level.

in WvW

Raist.4580

Don’t forget about the GoM groups using noclip hacks to clear out garrisons at 4 AM EST every night. They have nothing to do with your success, nope.

Do some people actually believe what they type or are they just mad?

So what happen tonight from about 8pm till 3am before the magical hack fairy came at 4am? The answer is GoM was sitting on your chest. Going to start wearing a hard hat at the computer there is so much work being done by GoM in WvW. Again nice work by Lyghtning in EB.

(edited by Raist.4580)

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Sorry, SF. You guys had us outnumbered and we were fighting our last stand protecting the orb in DB. Then, just as you breach the gate, we all get booted back to Lion’s Arch because there’s a new WvW build available.

I know we’re enemies this week, but I feel for ya. That keep was yours fair and square. :/

in WvW

Ralathar.7236

Tonight in EB was fun, zergs were of comparable sizes and much bashing was had by all. Oh and if you wonder how Quentin got upgraded so fast it’s because I spent 30 minutes before it escorting the Dolyaks from Dane with perma swiftness on my warrior. Good thing too as yall showed up at our doorstop with a 20-30 man zerg.

There was plenty of headless chicken running EB out there tonight, and I want to MURDER everyone who thought it was a good idea to build trebs and other siege on the front keep wall when defending it, but underneath the zerg surfers there were core groups of good players taking care of what needed to be done.

in WvW

Furiousbeard.7602

Good battles Gom and SF!

All the best to you guys in future rounds