Golem in a Box. Intended for WvW use?

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

More toys to play with in wvw? /buying … in every way I can. Never used them yet, want to have some fun, will definately get flammed for it, but Anet will fix it sooner =) … do you hear how much fun that guild is having in the video … ^^^ they can’t stop laughing. This week can be dubbed the week golems rained down.

=)

Maybe they get cut in the update, maybe not. Don’t care, I was sold on the video earlier this week, seems like a guild who likes to have fun, and not Q.Q ….. I want to try it out, if I laugh once, it’s money well spent.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Still easily turned on you though because if they reflect your mini-golems it’ll kill -your- group instead.

I can’t believe people are using this to defend this obvious exploit/bug. These things scale down walls towards tower attackers. Even if they are reflected, they do not scale up walls.

It’s pretty obvious that Anet will remove this from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

…Everything is an exploit. Your attacks hit me but mine are blocked by terrain! Exploit!

-.-

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

A) It’s slower than regular attacks.
B) It costs money for every attack.
C) It’s at BEST equal damage to your 1 Attack…If it’s doing more, you’re doing it wrong. XD

A) Not really. It’s spammable with no CD.

B)Saying this costs money to defend it is silly. It means that only bigger guilds and people with lots of money are the ones that abuse this. Which is why big guild leaders set up whole crews dedicated to stealthing while spamming these. Endless money to do it with.

C)People are being hit for 12k with this. Please let me know which class deals 12k in damage with their number 1 attack so that I can starting playing that class.

Here’s a suggestion … buy a few of these and actually see how they work in WvW before messing your pants with extravagant exaggerations.

A) They are spammable but take forever to get to their target, can be easily seen, and can be easily outrun without running away.

B) They do cost money but anyone can afford them. You can buy 125 of them for one silver.

C) The exception is not the rule. I’ve probably burned 500 of these things in the last day or so and none hit harder than a decent crit. The average damage is indeed about the same as an average #1 attack. Anybody who got hit for 12K by a GiB was wearing lowbie gear, got hit by a stacked crit, and was being attacked by somebody with a lot of attack power.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I can’t believe people are using this to defend this obvious exploit/bug. These things scale down walls towards tower attackers.

The only way you can make them go down a wall is to stand at the very edge of the wall … otherwise the small lip on the wall will block them.

It’s pretty obvious that Anet will remove this from WvW.

Maybe ANet will remove them from WvW and maybe they won’t, but it’s pretty obvious that you’ve never actually used these things in any quantity and don’t know what you’re talking about.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

A lot of people are missing the point. In open field no one really cares. For defense, these can obliterate siege with the defenders doing almost nothing. It is stupid. I’m glad quite a few bads have gotten some ego boosts, but I think it’s gone on long enough.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Hold on, wasn’t the 12k crit coming from using it in conjunction with a GC (insert profession here) in a siege golem? I want to make sure I use them correctly, but not going to spend 10G for 9 attacks.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Cactus.2710

A lot of people are missing the point. In open field no one really cares. For defense, these can obliterate siege with the defenders doing almost nothing. It is stupid. I’m glad quite a few bads have gotten some ego boosts, but I think it’s gone on long enough.

Get real. Personally, I don’t care whether they remove them or not, but I just think it is silly that people make such exaggerated complaints about them. It is trivial to place siege out of range of GiBs, and anything else you can do with them you can do better with players. The ONLY way I’ve ever seen them be effective enough to warrant nerfing them is against enemies who simply aren’t paying attention.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

They could…and crazy thought here…reflect them away?…Or kill the person shooting them since in order to attack you have to have LoS and that means Ballista to the face?…Claiming these are “Uber powerful for defense!” is a huge over-statement…their greatest defensive power is allowing people with little to no range attacks to hit at range.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Get real. Personally, I don’t care whether they remove them or not, but I just think it is silly that people make such exaggerated complaints about them. It is trivial to place siege out of range of GiBs, and anything else you can do with them you can do better with players. The ONLY way I’ve ever seen them be effective enough to warrant nerfing them is against enemies who simply aren’t paying attention.

Right, let me just get that extension piece for my ram…

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

I just read this as “These make PvDoor harder! Q.Q”

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

They could…and crazy thought here…reflect them away?…Or kill the person shooting them since in order to attack you have to have LoS and that means Ballista to the face?…Claiming these are “Uber powerful for defense!” is a huge over-statement…their greatest defensive power is allowing people with little to no range attacks to hit at range.

As I said, I’m glad the bads got their ego boost but it’s time to start playing WvW again. Your statement is the equivalent to saying the counter to stealth culling abuse is AoE. You are completely missing the problem.

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

LOL – Kaineng

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

LOL – Kaineng

Ok I’ll give you that one, but I did fight outnumbered a lot on DH…fact of the matter is if you can’t take out one guy hitting your ram with GiB you, sir, are playing PvDoor.

Also…I don’t usually do PvDoor, I get out of WvW when they other guys stop coming on unless I’m training newbies. Some of us don’t like it.

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

LOL – Kaineng

Ok I’ll give you that one, but I did fight outnumbered a lot on DH…fact of the matter is if you can’t take out one guy hitting your ram with GiB you, sir, are playing PvDoor.

Also…I don’t usually do PvDoor, I get out of WvW when they other guys stop coming on unless I’m training newbies. Some of us don’t like it.

I’m trying to follow, but wouldn’t it be the opposite? If I’m getting hit by GiB’s there’s someone defending the keep…hence it’s not PvDoor. Also, if one guy with GiB’s is halting the progress of a group taking a tower…that’s totally broken (this also obviously has the requirement that said group is not terrible).

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Random interesting fact; Both of the people repeatedly defending the use of GiB in this thread are from Kaineng..

in WvW

Haldunius.7864

Second interesting fact is FA hasn’t had Pvdoor for what…11 weeks now?

FA Mesmo – [VK]

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

heres how they do 8k+ damage make a glass cannon build focuses on power-Get into golem-Golem missile spam= Profit. cuz yea you can use the mini golems while being in siege golem and that is the only thing tht would need fixing as golems double or triple power.

in WvW

DarkElvenChic.2618

LOL – Kaineng

I’m trying to follow, but wouldn’t it be the opposite? If I’m getting hit by GiB’s there’s someone defending the keep…hence it’s not PvDoor. Also, if one guy with GiB’s is halting the progress of a group taking a tower…that’s totally broken (this also obviously has the requirement that said group is not terrible).

If it’s not PvDoor why don’t you have AoEs or an AC pointed at that wall prevent him from using said GiB? One defender is hardly what I’d call WvW.

FYI most of Kaineng don’t use GiB, though naturally we have a high number of bored people trolling forums atm b/c there’s nothing to fight.

This thread will have one immediate outcome: more people that didn’t know about GiBs now do and will be using them more often. Lol

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

The more people use them the faster they’ll be nerfed so everyone reading this thread should buy them and use them as much as possible.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

The more people use them the faster they’ll be nerfed so everyone reading this thread should buy them and use them as much as possible.

Exactly.

I got a decent amount of people to get them and they’re getting their buddies in on it too. Really the only way something like this gets fixed is to just make it a “thing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

the only broken thing is they can be used while on siege golems or when transformed rampager for example doubles power and golem gives an even higher boost wich turns a 2-3k hit into a 6-10k hit. if you dont attack the user then obviously he ll keep spamming them wich keeps them vulnerable as it removes their skills .

in WvW

Cactus.2710

More ignorance, and more evidence that you’ve never really used these things. There is literally … and I mean literally … about a 100 to 1 difference in the amount of damage a flame ram will do to a gate compared with a golem-in-a-box. The GiB, of course, is a a bit faster, but not enough to make a difference.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Random interesting fact; Both of the people repeatedly defending the use of GiB in this thread are from Kaineng..

LOL. If you’re referring to me, I’m not on Kaineng, never have been, and most likely never will.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Use your class abilities in WvW, and leave the kids toys in PvE where they belong.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

This is getting totally out of control and demands an emergency patch for removal. All I have heard on TS tonight is “kittenING golems in a box”, the times I go check out out teams on sieges, there are 6+ JQ guys doing nothing but pumping golem boxes. The people defending this seriously need to have their heads examined.

in WvW

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

This is getting totally out of control and demands an emergency patch for removal. All I have heard on TS tonight is “kittenING golems in a box”, the times I go check out out teams on sieges, there are 6+ JQ guys doing nothing but pumping golem boxes. The people defending this seriously need to have their heads examined.

You can use them too?

in WvW

Posted by: UrFortuneCookie.4816

UrFortuneCookie.4816

They drop paper gates in a doozy. :O

[Work] Demons of Razgriz
Lvl 80 Norn Warrior 50+ exotic geared.
Commander, 100% Map, Dungeon Master

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

O
M
F
G!!

These things are amazing! Having 6 people spamming them in a coordinated group is unfreakingbelievably good! Thank you thank you for sharing this! We had no idea they existed until tonight and it’s like a bag farming godsend vs siege attackers. OMNOMNOMNOM!

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Darkrider.7461

Darkrider.7461

rams are better on gates by far no matter what you spec and power

Nitejack the portal slave of EMP

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Why hasn’t A-net commenting on this yet?

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Forget the golems, you never see people coming in WvW anyway. Well, guys nothing to worry about there is no one here…wait, when did I die. Oh, look, NOW the game tells me about the 40 people running by.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Forget the golems, you never see people coming in WvW anyway. Well, guys nothing to worry about there is no one here…wait, when did I die. Oh, look, NOW the game tells me about the 40 people running by.

lol true…. which is why we don’t WANT to play zergball matches. Smaller group skirmishes, 20 max groups, are far better and more fun.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

UrFortuneCookie.4816

rams are better on gates by far no matter what you spec and power

Nitejack the portal slave of EMP

yes. but rams are dependent on supply on the spot. you take a 20man group with a ton of golems in a box, pew pew gate.

[Work] Demons of Razgriz

in WvW

Posted by: Charr RN.9860

Charr RN.9860

Golem in a box is nothing more than an amusement. You can do more damage to a gate with your weapon. As far as someone using them on you, you just close the distance and kill em while they stand there holding it.

Sea of Sorrows – EXG

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I actually like having these things useable in wvw. They provide an interesting dynamic in strategies and makes them actually worthy of being purchased. It also ties the wvw+pve aspect that arenanet designed.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

They will not be usable in WvW after the next patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

LMAO and their goes the toys.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Why can’t we have nice things?

/sadface

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why not? Despite the compaints they aren’t really overpowered and they add flavour to WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Yet another toy nerved just as I found out about it

in WvW

EvilSardine.9635

Haha! Awesome.

Thank you Anet for fixing this exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

I definitely didnt just buy 5 stacks of these :| guess I better use them all fast lol

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

That’s really weak. I enjoy the diversity of having pve items in wvw. WvW gets so bland sometimes. Perhaps a nerf instead of all-out removing them would be nicer, a non AoE component? Idk, ><

Would be nice to see golems go more towards a player killing direction as well. An ability that can do some AoE damage would be greatly appreciated and I think would add another dimension to golems.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

UrFortuneCookie.4816

They drop paper gates without the need to supply. har har har

[Work] Demons of Razgriz

in WvW

Posted by: Glitter.7634

Glitter.7634

ANet tried to quick patch the GiB issue and broke login’s? LOLZ – QQ serving our player base yet again!

Invictus Aeturnum (IA) ~ Dragonbrand since August 2012 ~
Glitter Monkey (Warrior) / Phlaxis (Thief) / Svetlana Demitrova (Guardian)

in WvW

Posted by: xrecxtrogdor.4723

xrecxtrogdor.4723

NOOOO, Now I have to use the rest of my items that no one knows about!

Malefic Crown
TWIN
Jumping Puzzle Commander

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Skale Venom and the Blessings are next?

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

I love golem in a box as much as the next guy, but let’s not act stupid and pretend like we didn’t know this would be nerfed at some point.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Thank you for not changing the mechanics of the item, as these are still hilarious and great fun to show new players.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast