Henge of Denravi Alliance with Stormbluff Unacceptable

in WvW

Posted by: Dalingrin.1035

Dalingrin.1035

Let’s get real. Henge Does not need to ally with any server. The notion is just silly….the server has dominated nearly every matchup, and the accusations are ludicrous.

/thread.

HoD has dominated because they have a great overnight crew. That’s the pretty much the main reason. And hey.. There is nothing wrong with that, it’s part of the game and will be the reason HoD will remain on top for awhile. Until a server that can get a good enough overnight force to compete with HoD’s overnight force, they’ll remain on top. Unless 2 servers gang up on HoD from the start. Although that isn’t really needed as ET has proved that they have a much better day force then HoD.

There is no denying that our late night/Oceanics are fantastic. However, its not like HoD is regularly losing before the late night shift. We are usually ahead during prime time as well.

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Yea this is pretty despicable to say the least. The purpose from the tri server matches is to insure better stability, not to be exploited because of a 2 server alliance.
Its like kill trading

in WvW

Posted by: Obs.3058

Obs.3058

Why would HoD need to ally with anyone?

I was leading our forces on one of the maps during NA primetime. I can tell you we took what ever point made the most sense.

For the record we had to hold garrison for a few hours while being hit by both sides.
Was an amazing fight.

Trae
WvW Officer
Condemned

That was the highlight of the night being involved in that fight. 3-way awesome fighting. Thanks for the thread lolz but seriously this will keep coming up over and over.

Whenever the two losing teams dont attack the #1 leading server and go after each other their will be accusations.

in WvW

Posted by: Vehementi.1094

Vehementi.1094

It would be interesting to see how many people from HoD have transferred over to SBI to help organize / lead

That’s adorable you beautiful snowflake.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnifox.7859

Omnifox.7859

JQ has jokes!

Last night in the SBI Borderlands, JQ was attacking the bay to the south, while we were sieging the north. We even sent a squad down to help JQ get through the outter gate that HoD was keeping them off of.

Once JQ entered the siege, they turned around and started trebbing a gate… Ok, as long as you are still distracting HoD, I didnt care. Then JQ turns around and thinks that its too slow and goes after our camp… We turn around and have to stomp JQ out, because they are not focused on the prize. After we send JQ off, we return to the keep siege and then breach the wall.

Taking the Bay in a 3 way fight is a heck of good time!

I will have a video up shortly of the final assault. Was fun, cant wait til we get the week long matches, so it just stops being who has the most night/aussie crew instantly wins the game.

tl;dr: There are no such things as allies.

in WvW

Posted by: Nofe.7269

Nofe.7269

See, the reason I hate HoD’s guts as a whole is that there is no reward for doing this. They are doing it purely because they can, just to be d-bags. From what I understand HoD has an alliance of really high end PvP guilds. Why would they all gather on one server? To get +4% increase on the speed of crafting a berserker’s darksteel sword? Nah, the rewards aren’t great enough. Instead of spreading the competition around, they opted for an alliance purely for petty gains. I’ve even seen these guys camping spawn just because they can, at which point everyone from ET just stopped playing. Hope you idiots enjoy running around WvW with nothing to do.

in WvW

Posted by: Foehammer.7063

Foehammer.7063

OP made me laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

I am henge, there is no alliance with stormbluff.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I have played in all of the BWW’s and stress tests, and every day since headstart, on JQ. I know it’s issues, but also have a fair understanding of it’s capabilities. I also have screenshots of the end of round scores for every round thus far, and know exactly who does how well in what match-ups.

I was also on for the first 9 hours of this latest “HoD vs SB” vs JQ match-up. As someone who was actually there, and who makes this judgement in the context of all of the above mentioned experience, I can say without a doubt that SB and HoD did in fact prioritize JQ, and pass up combat opportunities between themselves in instances where doing so served the purpose of ensuring JQ was neutralized/opposed.

I describe this in a very specific way, because to say they coordinated/communicated at X level would be both untrue and unfair – I have no personal, direct knowledge of that specifically, and anyone who does not have personal or direct knowledge of something should not make that kind of accusation. I have been on the field with JQ in WvW for countless hours however, many of which with this specific WvW make-up, and I was there for 9 hours last night…and there is no question, none whatsoever, that JQ was prioritized as a target.

As for why that might be, there are some obvious theories. I will say that this kind of thing is entirely legitimate in WvW. It is however, in the specific context of the obviously superior HoD team and the history of SB being very slightly below JQ (by the statement of many of it’s own players mind you) in the match results overall thus far, highly questionable from a tactical perspective, while very understandable from a strategic and emotional perspective. Ultimately you do what you have to do to win, or in this case, to not lose.

For myself, I can only assume that this tactic had it’s origins in SB, as HoD certainly did not need the help in beating JQ, so going forward such target prioritization will be made on a similar basis against SB. Such things are valid in WvW yes, but as anyone who played Shadowbane knows, every decision has a consequence. SB and HoD will not always been with eachother in the match rounds, and this particular chicken – an apt analogy if ever there was – will before long come home to roost.

And I my friends, love me some friend chicken.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

My (personal) theory is that without HoD carrying them SBI wouldn’t even be in the top 3. This is the only way they can stay in the top 3, by being HoD’s… #2.

The only close match has been between HoD/JQ/ET, and as long as HoD keeps SBI in second, HoD won’t ever have to face JQ and ET together again.

in WvW

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I disagree, and my scorecards from release and pre-release do not support that statement. From my personal experience, SB is also a very strong team, and has been consistently improving over time – which by the way, some servers, such as my own, have not been doing. I do not think they need HoD to compete overall.

That said, experience speaks for itself. What happened in this round is an aberration, and anyone who suggests otherwise is disingenuous at best, and outright lying at worst. Future rounds where JQ and SB are paired without the presence of HoD will demonstrate this very clearly…there is no need to argue about what happened, just wait and see what will happen; that will clarify things pretty well.

My (personal) theory is that without HoD carrying them SBI wouldn’t even be in the top 3. This is the only way they can stay in the top 3, by being HoD’s… #2.

The only close match has been between HoD/JQ/ET, and as long as HoD keeps SBI in second, HoD won’t ever have to face JQ and ET together again.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

TBH, we consider SBI a bigger threat than ET solely because of WM.

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I have not been impressed at all with this (fabled) WM, and they were working with you against TL on Red Borderlands. So how big of a threat could they really be when you were working together against us?

I know that many others in my guild do hold them in high regard because of their achievements in GW, I have not personally seen them bring it on any level yet.

I do hope to see this eventually though, I love seeing new tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: insignia.3625

insignia.3625

I think the bigger fable here is of this so-called alliance we have with other servers.
SYN and WM have been going at each others’ throats since the first time we met.

In today’s EB, we have had at least 7 major skirmishes with them already.

[SYN] Synapse
Titan Alliance, Henge of Denravi

in WvW

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I think the bigger fable here is of this so-called alliance we have with other servers.
SYN and WM have been going at each others’ throats since the first time we met.

In today’s EB, we have had at least 7 major skirmishes with them already.

Awesome, hope to see more of that over the next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Tarinis.6054

Tarinis.6054

WM is funny. Must be nice to be able to get all your guildies in WVW

in WvW

Tarinis.6054

And when I see SB pushing our little briar keep instead of going for HoD in a number of places…..ya that

in WvW

Posted by: Kryptic.7920

Kryptic.7920

The #1 server (HoD) has a lot to gain from artificially placing a server into their #2 spot. This is actually a symbiotic relationship. #1 gains insurance against double teaming from the two other servers in their match-up. #2 gains a comfortable place as the second best WvW server. Whether this is actually happening or not can never really be proved, even if real proof is given it is easily discredited. However, it’s interesting food for thought.

in WvW

Posted by: Piccolo.7296

Piccolo.7296

I hope AA/TL back up their words. They claim they haven’t really been playing WvWvW and instead powerleveling people to 80 for the 1 week battles.. Hopefully they show up to play this week.

If ET gets matched against HoD and SB and ET comes out ahead of them both, then all that talk AA/TL has done was actually truth and not excuses.

in WvW

Tarinis.6054

Its funny i am in game right now. HoD borderlands. Guess whose armies on both sides of us lol

in WvW

Posted by: TaCktiX.6729

TaCktiX.6729

I was also on for the first 9 hours of this latest “HoD vs SB” vs JQ match-up. As someone who was actually there, and who makes this judgement in the context of all of the above mentioned experience, I can say without a doubt that SB and HoD did in fact prioritize JQ, and pass up combat opportunities between themselves in instances where doing so served the purpose of ensuring JQ was neutralized/opposed.

Actually, last night in red borderlands (SBI’s), we let JQ have free reign of the map except on our stuff, allowing them to put ludicrous pressure on HoD. Sure we came out on top due to better play, but the “alliance” was certainly more of a JQ+SBI vs. HoD one than SB+HoD vs. JQ. Between the two of us, HoD had no territory for about 30 minutes, and only supply camps for an hour after that.

— TaCktiX
The Tough Love Critic (http://toughlovecritic.wordpress.com)
Tack Scylla, Tack, Morina Duathi

in WvW

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

The way I see it is this. The score chart shows ET down to 4th or 5th but when we face SBI or JQ without HoD they lose by a decent margin when AA comes out to play. I’m not sure why you people say AA/TL when TL is inside AA making it just AA.

When HoD comes out and play JQ,SBI both become seemingly more aggressive on the in game score chart for some odd reason

I don’t mind being 4th or 5th just know when we stomp we stomp hard and we don’t have a problem making it to the top tier level of matches.

in WvW

Posted by: mangocheesecake.1487

mangocheesecake.1487

wut.

It’s a 3 way fight, of course 2 are allowed to gang up on 1 side…. it’s part of the game.
I’ve seen JQQ team up with ET on HoD… somehow that’s okay?

Also, half way through the fight, some of us were just like “…yeah we cant beat HoD, lets at least try for second” so we switched targets.

I don’t see how that mentallity is bad and unacceptable. o_O

Terrifying Kitties | SBI | Recruiting Active Players for WvW and PvE
PM Carme, Soji, Taper, or Mrsowrd in game

in WvW

Posted by: Detahmaio.2014

Detahmaio.2014

Because in second you still lose and you will match p vs them again and lose because you settle for second.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Lol most of us are prolly not even in the big guilds that run things so we would have no idea about the alliances going on. What you see is not a full on alliance but Titan Alliance ordering there players that could not get in the battle to cross server in order to cheese numbers, spy, crash pug confidence, or lead the pugs on foolish missions. The real issue here is free transfers as of now. Somone said somthing about tin hat club these guys in TA have been doing this for a long time this is there life but the thing about rp is you have to be carfull of what you let yourself become.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: Trebloh.2135

Trebloh.2135

Funny, when we were going against HoD and JQ, I could swear the same thing. We would be attacking JQ, HoD would backdoor us, wipe us out, then run off … leaving JQ safe and sound. This happened on too many occasions to be just a mere coincidence.

So funny, now that the shoe is on the other foot.

HoD is wiping everyone, allied or not. Only a fool would ally with them.

WvW is awesome!

in WvW

SoulstitchMMO.1396

@mango This goes beyond simple ‘targets of opportunity’ and stretches into possible abuse of free server transfers.

It can’t possibly be beyond any ones imagination that with limited slots in WvW, a server couldn’t transfer people or a guild to influence outcomes.

in WvW

Posted by: Fact.5908

Fact.5908

I hope AA/TL back up their words. They claim they haven’t really been playing WvWvW and instead powerleveling people to 80 for the 1 week battles.. Hopefully they show up to play this week.

If ET gets matched against HoD and SB and ET comes out ahead of them both, then all that talk AA/TL has done was actually truth and not excuses.

We’ll be performing to the best of our ability. I should edit to say that the outcome of the match depends upon the level of cooperation between Stormbluff and Henge.

Fact [IRON] – Sanctum of Rall
Former Commander of TL and the Ascension Alliance

(edited by Fact.5908)

in WvW

Piccolo.7296

We’ll be performing to the best of our ability. I should edit to say that the outcome of the match depends upon the level of cooperation between Stormbluff and Henge.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if HoD and SB both focus on ET more then each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Trae.4329

Trae.4329

@mango This goes beyond simple ‘targets of opportunity’ and stretches into possible abuse of free server transfers.

It can’t possibly be beyond any ones imagination that with limited slots in WvW, a server couldn’t transfer people or a guild to influence outcomes.

Soulstich you have lost your mind. You really think we would transfer people to influence an outcome of a match up??

You have gamed against us in previous games, you know how we roll. Condemned has always looked at the underdog role in games we played. Being a part of TA we would never condone something like this and neither would any of the other guilds. We thrive off competition. Winning tough battles is what fuels us. Creating a path of less resistance goes against everything we are about.

Step back, take a deep breath, and we will see you in a week.

Trae
WvW Officer Condemned
Titan Alliance on HoD

in WvW

Piccolo.7296

Soulstich you have lost your mind. You really think we would transfer people to influence an outcome of a match up??

You have gamed against us in previous games, you know how we roll. Condemned has always looked at the underdog role in games we played. Being a part of TA we would never condone something like this and neither would any of the other guilds. We thrive off competition. Winning tough battles is what fuels us. Creating a path of less resistance goes against everything we are about.

Step back, take a deep breath, and we will see you in a week.

You’ll see ET tonight, I’m sure. What’s going to happen is JQ is going to get bumped down and ET is going to take their place. I really feel bad for Blackgate and Sea of Sorrows, they got hammered pretty bad by ET and will probably get hammered by JQ.

in WvW

Posted by: MikeB.3857

MikeB.3857

Sore losers are sore.

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: MikeB.3857

MikeB.3857

Last night I did nothing but fight WM and SBI as a whole. Before the server patch, SBI was on the inner gate at our garrison. We held them. We then moved to Dreadfall where JQ had an outer door down. SBI steamrolled over them and moved to the back inner door.

SBI and WM was handing it to HoD last night in HoD. It was all we could do to keep what we had.

Revered – [REVD]
Maizen Blue – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Suddle D.9412

Suddle D.9412

TL:DR

Basically its 3 way WvW, so someone is almost always going to be double teamed, it happens to EVERY SERVER. Get over it and play the game and have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: TigerBait.5143

TigerBait.5143

At least some servers are smart enough to make alliances… My Server (SoS) was matched against ET and some other server and half of our EB people were stupid enpugh tokitten off the other server and starting a war there letting ET roll, and I mean roll, over us. Well at least while I was on we held our keep. ;-;

in WvW

Posted by: Helspyre.7082

Helspyre.7082

Stop making excuses and improve yourself.

Citadel [CTDL]
www.citadelguild.com

in WvW

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

More often than not. JQ is attacking us (SBI) at the same time as HoD. Every time.

SBI has stonemist? JQ + HoD attack SBI!

HoD has stonemist? JQ + HoD attack SBI!

JQ has stonemist? Oh wait, that doesn’t happen lol. JQ is trash.

JQ so deathly afraid of HoD they refuse to attack them. As of 5:56 PM PST, we have JQ at our keep sieging, while HoD sieges both team. JQ leaving their stuff totally undefended against HoD, instead full attack on us.

(edited by emoleas.4309)

in WvW

Tarinis.6054

I did see JQ attack SBI tonight. Not sure why…

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

I’m just trying to figure out who the hell you are Piccolo, you seem to speak a lot on ET’s behalf, but I’ve never seen nor heard of you.

You trash our night crew and put high expectation on TL, and yet every time myself and my guild Nocturnal goes to bed after being in WvW, we’re in a far better place than we were when we logged on.

What a lot of people forget is that much of TA was in closed beta and have had months to work out tactics where most guilds on other servers have had to learn from a few short hours in beta and any time since launch.

I think you need to understand that the “night crew” can only cover about 4-6 hours a day, not 12. Its after we go to bed that things get lost, not on our watch. We lost our EU guilds due to no guesting between US and EU which left a really big gap. Given that ET is such low population we don’t have the depth between US and Oceanic peak times to hold our map.

Henge, JQ and SBI are all great adversaries, I really look forward to being matched with them often. We have a lot to learn from them, they know their craft well and have the numbers advantage to really push us home when they put their mind to it but we sure give as good as we get, just need to practice more.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Elaithe.6874

Elaithe.6874

I have not been impressed at all with this (fabled) WM, and they were working with you against TL on Red Borderlands. So how big of a threat could they really be when you were working together against us?

I know that many others in my guild do hold them in high regard because of their achievements in GW, I have not personally seen them bring it on any level yet.

I do hope to see this eventually though, I love seeing new tactics.

You ever stop to think that maybe you just lost on Red Borderlands that night?

Or maybe, in reality, it was a three way fight in which you just couldn’t hold your own Garrison. In reality, HoD was holding in the south against SBI as they constantly attacked our tower there. In reality while we were holding south we were also attacking north. In reality SBI was also attacking north, because they couldn’t make any headway south because we were holding them extremely effectively.

Maybe, just MAYBE in the race to take your garrison, in which we wiped you hard with less people (when you mesmer portal in you should probably spread out BTW, all that AoE we dropped on your portal killed most of you while you just stood there looking around aimlessly), we just barely beat SBI in the door. Maybe after capping we than had to defend YOUR garrison against SBI in order to hold it.

But of course, that would be crazy, instead SBI was really just a distraction and after we took your keep they just demurely walked out the door and let us have it without a fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It was a 3 way fight. SBI never allied with HoD. It’s really funny though, JC is tunnel-visioning SBI now.

in WvW

Posted by: Anore.6213

Anore.6213

Sorry Henge, forgot to send the protection money today. Will do first thing tomorrow.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Trikki I applaud your sportsmanship but misconduct should not and can not be ignored.

P.S
Sportsmanship and easygoing methods are all right, but it is the prospect of a hot fight that brings out the crowds.
John McGraw

in WvW

Piccolo.7296

@Trikki (Won’t let me quote you for some reason)

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that Eredon Terrace night crew is probably one of the weakest out of the top 5 servers. Although we do have a very strong day force, probably the strongest. When I log off for the night and see that our server has +500 potential points, then wake up the next day and see that ET only has +150 potential points, that right there shows how weak our night time crew is.

I put high expectations on AA and TL because they’re supposed to be the top PVP guilds on the ET server. If it wasn’t for AA and TL, ET would be close to the bottom of the rankings list. As to who I am. I’m just your typical player. I’m not surprised you don’t see me on the server much. I’m either mindlessly farming or running dungeons with my guild. I don’t need to be a “known” or “famous” player to understand what is going on in the WvWvW scene.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Honestly SBI doesnt have any server alliances.
Want to know why?
It’s because we like to Kill both HoD and JQ.

Think it seems we have an alliance because we happen to be hitting you at the same time as HoD? Grow up, JQ does the same, as does any server, thats in a match vs SBI/HoD.

None of the servers have an alliance so get over the conspiracy theory’s, and realize SBI needs no help taking JQ out under any means. The only time SBI has issues when we are active and organized is if we are against HoD, and the 3rd server+HoD hits us on Both fronts at the same time.

Otherwise we have taken JQ on and won just as much as you have, same with any others we have faced except Henge.

A great example was yesterday night. SBI attacked SM, we took it, set up, HoD and JQ started attacking SM which SBI had.
Does that mean they are alli’d? >no

There’s your mindset JQ.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Its funny, everyday IN WvW it feels like JQ is out to get us (SBI), you would think they would go after the bigger prize, but nope, they help HoD constantly whether intentionally or not.

So if JQ isn’t helping us take down HoD and we can’t beat HoD directly, guess which server we are going to go after? hint the weaker server which would be JQ.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

@ Piccolo you should not comment on somthing you don’t take part in there are guys that spend 8 hours a night in there your simplistic view is insulting not only to players on your server but all wvwvw players.

in WvW

Posted by: Achaostheory.4729

Achaostheory.4729

JQ is just mad that SBI pops a squat over them everytime they fight.

in WvW

Piccolo.7296

@ Thesilentflute

You should take your own advice. I have been involved in every WvWvW match that that has taken place. Just tonight, FoE and my guild secured ET’s home borderlands. Hell, we even claimed a tower on the front lines and upgraded it fully and successfully defended it from about 5 30+ man waves of SoS players with only just 10 people.

in WvW

Posted by: Karicus.8356

Karicus.8356

Wait HoD and SBI have an alliance?! I’m on SBI and they hit us HARD, if there IS an alliance, can someone please tell HoD, my ears are still ringing from their last hit on us lol.

Stormbluff Isle – The Brewery
www.thebrewery.weebly.com