How has the 30/4 patch affected wvw for you?

in WvW

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

Hey all,

Recently taken a break from the game, used to wvw heaps and a few frustrations with the way the game was managed (wvw in particular) led me to take a break.

I might come back to check out the new patch but wanted to get the wvw community’s thoughts on how the patch has affected wvw. I have seen mixed responses in this forum.

So how is wvw after these changes, better, worse, more interesting, same old, broken?

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Same old with broken arrow charts.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Since yesterday April 30th patch:

3 times more dying (engineer survivability nerfs and buffs to some profession damage).

Even more unbalanced matches in euro tier #1. Now even at prime time Desolation is outmanned on their own borderlands.

3 times less fun.

Soon 3 times less time spent playing.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

I play thief so going back to 3 second reveal helps. Confusion is nerfed so no more mesmer diversity. I used to have a hard time with confusion mesmers but now they’re easy.

The most thing that has effected me (not mentioned in patch notes) was the removal of the level 10 Plank consumable in WvW. Seriously, with that removed I will never have the amount of fun in this game anymore. Oh well. I’ll upload a video of the insane amount of joy the Plank brought me.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Gave me a gamingbreak, AC is to rediculous. I want to fight players, not watch a treb animation.

Hopefully till soon.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

As someone who enjoyed the challenge of late night camp defense, this 30 second delay on crossed swords has just completely destroyed my entire WvW experience.

Hard to see myself playing much anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Play against VS.

Third time i see their playstyle buffed.

Now with new ACs it’s just ridicolous.

Gonna get some badges to buy gear, then hop off till revert or tier drop.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

i see a lot of crying players on this WvW forum, its main difference (i im rly surprised they are from pro guilds)
in game, i did have to change my confusion mesmer, cause its useles now, and i like ac buff, cause Anet prolongated battles under/at towers, keeps
i rly dont know what to do with ac on Vabbi, but i have to adapt, sooon!

4ever roaming

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

i see a lot of crying players on this WvW forum, its main difference (i im rly surprised they are from pro guilds)
in game, i did have to change my confusion mesmer, cause its useles now, and i like ac buff, cause Anet prolongated battles under/at towers, keeps

Don’t you get it? The ‘pro’ guilds want to fight players, not stand next to trebs and (maybe?) catas and watch it endless animation for hours on end. Give me 1 reason, just 1 reason why the enemy should leave a tower/keep to fight in the open?

This game is now siege wars, not pvp at all, just siege vs structure. And when you finally busted that gate, you get insta melted by the AC concentration. There is 0 fun left in WvW. I hope the big/ good guilds step up and decide to change to game themselves, meaning move to bottem servers and go for GvG and not for points.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Anzu.5702

Wow that’s interesting. But it seems acs are the biggest concerns? Is it leading to more defending or have the strong servers just gotten stronger with it being harder to take their stuff?

Also sucks about confusion mesmers, they added so much diversity and were hard as hell to kill.

Turns out my wvw build got nerfed hard too (retaliation guard) might just be useless now…

Might give it a go when I get back from work but looks unlikely considering that its been 8 months + from launch and wvw has barely had anything added to it like its a 2nd thought. We were promised a huge patch in jan then feb then march (culling was great) but all we really got were ranks and they stopped mentioning the “huge” up and coming wvw updates…

Such a shame, game had so much potential..

[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I haven’t played for months since all Anet does is not fix the real problems and instead unbalance WvW even more, so it hasn’t affected me much

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: dbgfeller.8120

dbgfeller.8120

I play d/d-ele since beta and this update killed wvw for me.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Need to rage in map chat because kittenheads waste supply whole time because “it’s daily”. There should be some way to kill own side players.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Don’t you get it? The ‘pro’ guilds want to fight players, not stand next to trebs and (maybe?) catas and watch it endless animation for hours on end. Give me 1 reason, just 1 reason why the enemy should leave a tower/keep to fight in the open?

This game is now siege wars, not pvp at all, just siege vs structure. And when you finally busted that gate, you get insta melted by the AC concentration. There is 0 fun left in WvW. I hope the big/ good guilds step up and decide to change to game themselves, meaning move to bottem servers and go for GvG and not for points.

They aren’t pro guilds. Maybe a few players in those guilds make money from streaming but thats about it. There aren’t any full guild worth lifting my eyelids for in this game like there are in other games. There is this PvP in this game where there are no trebs at all. Its called sPvP. Where are these so called “pro guild”? In WvW running the karma train. They are just amateurs who want their egos stroked to feel like they are awseome in game. WvW is not designed to be a truly competitive format. Thats what sPvP was and is for.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Since I can’t use healing in mist form anymore, I had to slightly adapt my skill bar. I only had a 2 hour run yesterday, so it’s too soon for me to say anything decent. But considering ANet’s previous patches and comments from other players, I’m not looking forward to a fun WvW week.

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

They aren’t pro guilds. Maybe a few players in those guilds make money from streaming but thats about it. There aren’t any full guild worth lifting my eyelids for in this game like there are in other games. There is this PvP in this game where there are no trebs at all. Its called sPvP. Where are these so called “pro guild”? In WvW running the karma train. They are just amateurs who want their egos stroked to feel like they are awseome in game. WvW is not designed to be a truly competitive format. Thats what sPvP was and is for.

sPvP is dead

in WvW

Posted by: Nik Rane.6431

Nik Rane.6431

Arrow Cart Wars 2 has made a revival from the first Open Beta weekend.

Oh, and my ranger is slightly more viable than before.

(edited by Nik Rane.6431)

in WvW

sostronk.8167

sPvP is dead

Yep, because there are not many pros in this game and certainly no pro guilds

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

sPvP is dead

Yep, because there are not many pros in this game and certainly no pro guilds

Nah because maps are too small and fight should be at least 20 vs 20.

in WvW

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

I’m probably in the minority. I actually liked the new changes, though I don’t play an elementalist nor an engineer so I can’t speak for those.

As for the arrow carts, it’s a nice change in pace in WvW. The old defend the base against a bunch of players bashing at a gate is fading (which I personally find a good thing), and the incorporation of arrow cart use in contemporary combat made it more dynamic thus more interesting. There’s more risk in an offensive, and it wasn’t like it used to be when you can easily take an objective given you have enough in numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

I remember they removed orbs cause it benefited the winning team. With arrow carts combined with waypoints, now they benefit the fastest defended and upgraded keep (which is a signal of who is winning)

DUDE IF THEY LACK SKILL DON’T GIVE EM SUCH STRONG WEAPONS!

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Positive:
Arrow cart buff is great. It makes attackers have to use tactics other than just rushing 60+ players at the gate and overpowering the defense. Quality tactics are now more important than quantity of players.

Negative:
Siege timers now effecting EB and 30 second delayed contested timer have exponentially increased my workload as a scout/yak runner. Instead of enjoyably beavering away on my projects and having a sense of satisfaction when they complete, I now truly feel like a babysitter. Even worse is when we’re in a good spot in our third, I now can’t go off and run with the zerg for a few minutes to blow off some steam, because I have to constantly keep scouting and ticking siege.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Iam a Necro so same now for 7 months: nothing at all

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Rhino.7863

Rhino.7863

Lol this is kinda clueless, no trebs in sPvP, never played battle of kyhlo have you?

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Positive:
Arrow cart buff is great. It makes attackers have to use tactics other than just rushing 60+ players at the gate and overpowering the defense. Quality tactics are now more important than quantity of players.

A decent +60 player zerg won’t stop over a couple of arrowcarts…

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Still skill lag, why balance some skills etc when u cant even use them.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Haven’t seen a problem with the arrow cart buffs (yet), but the 30 second delay… pure zerg food that forces players to have to camp at any entrance to any place they want to defend. Talk about sucking the fun out of WvW. Also the 30 minute timer on the siege now is just a gold sink that makes defending an even greater pain in the posterior. Anyone that thinks the AC buffs offset the defensive nerfs are fooling themselves.

This is the first patch where I’ve actually been disappointed with what was done. Ever.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Mif.3471

Positive:

A decent +60 player zerg won’t stop over a couple of arrowcarts…

Um… do you realize you’re agreeing with me?

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Maybe not on American servers…

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

sostronk.8167

Lol this is kinda clueless, no trebs in sPvP, never played battle of kyhlo have you?

Your kidding aren’t you? If you do not understand why this has a completely different mechanic and role in battle of kyhlo to what it does in WvW I don’t think I’ll bother trying to explain it to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

Goblin Beet Farmer.3045

I haven’t even bothered WvWing post-patch yet. I started playing D/D Elementalist and Condition Mesmer last fall because I found the gameplay fun for both of them. Since both took a big hit yesterday with the <cough> balance <cough> changes I am unsure when I will return to WvW. Which is disappointing since WvW is the main reason I play GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

How it affected us? Well I think this pretty much describes it.

in WvW

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

Towers and keeps should be difficult to take, not the cakewalk mindless zombie zerg it has been. +1 for making it harder…oh wait, people don’t like challenges they want things handed to them on silver platters.

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

in WvW

Mif.3471

Towers and keeps should be difficult to take, not the cakewalk mindless zombie zerg it has been. +1 for making it harder…oh wait, people don’t like challenges they want things handed to them on silver platters.

Agreed.

People are just mad their zerg WXP farming train got the brakes slammed on.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Why towers and keeps even need doors? Idea is that one guild sit inside one tower whole time and defend it.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

It’s how they did it. Yes, they’re harder to take if you’re already in the tower waiting for the enemy. Which means you need at least one person camping in the tower instead of out fighting and having a good time. (Also to continually refresh siege now with the <cough> fixed <cough> 30 minute timer.) So for each structure you want to defend, you need to find at least one person, often more, to sacrifice they’re playtime to simply sitting there and baby-sitting. If you can find such people, towers are harder to take, and that’s not a bad thing them being harder. However, if you don’t have baby-sitters towers are easier than ever to take. You can have the gate smashed down before swords even appear. You’ll see the white “X”, maybe orange in the lords room and bang, it’s flipped before you even close your map.

There was a conscious choice made to take away the fun factor with regards to defending. You can’t be a first responder any more, seeing swords and quickly getting there to see what’s happening and call in the right reinforcements. I enjoyed that to be honest… being defensive eyes all over the map. Forced camping, not fun. Losing towers because you were trying to have fun and didn’t know the golem rush was there until the lords room was already penetrated, not fun. Seeing camps flip without any indication they were even in trouble, not fun. The rest of the changes… arrow carts, confusion nerfs, etc. all are rather tolerable. I can even live with the horrible decision to remove the defensive ability of swirling winds because there’s another means available, even though it’s a lot more challenging to pull off. But the 30 seconds before a warning… it’s really discouraging. The only way to really progress now in WvW is to be one with the zerg, and I prefer not to do that if I can help it. I sincerely hope Devon et.al. will reconsider that.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Thanks very much for this had myself a good laugh.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

Arrowcarts are destroying the game since they’re so broken its ridiculous. Quitting gw2 if this change isn’t reverted, a lot of people are.

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

in WvW

Posted by: TryGoogleThis.9570

TryGoogleThis.9570

Anet decide to make thief newbie mode again with lowering the debuff, I liked it the way it was, It was fine, still pulled off a lot of great 1vs2 and alike.. Thieves should be mobile, they should have a advance in taking out their target.. but more or less permant stealth with low risk(with trait its basicly impossible to lock down a thief in stealth.)

Thief skill cap= non existing again.

(i have over 1k hours on my thief more or less purely wvw, I love it but really 4 sec debuff was fine for anyone with a brain and understanding of dodge and blind)

Balutrik- Charr Thief and Commander.
Balutrike-Sylvari Warrior and Commander.
Proud WvW player of Farshiverpeaks and member of [TZO]/[Keen]/[MA]

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

It looks like some of these changes are forcing people to baby sit objectives, micro manage siege, and basically waste a ton of time doing boring things instead of fighting players and having fun.

Then when they do go out and try to fight people and siege objectives, they have to deal with arrow carts of death that can hit an entire force, while trying to fight back with futility. Then there is the whole issue with servers that have timezone population imbalances being able to easily take undefended keeps, upgrading them, and easily defending them later due to this and the Arrowcarts of PWNAGE when the population is more balanced.

Add in some class changes with bugs/poor design that are also having the opposite of the intended effect, and it appears as though we have taken patch failure to a whole new level.

in WvW

Anzu.5702

LOL that is amazing. Good job votf. Looks like you hit the nail on the head there. Thats pretty much why I took a break a couple weeks back, hoping the patch would bring good things… sigh….

[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Anzu.5702

It’s how they did it. Yes, they’re harder to take if you’re already in the tower waiting for the enemy. Which means you need at least one person camping in the tower instead of out fighting and having a good time. (Also to continually refresh siege now with the <cough> fixed <cough> 30 minute timer.) So for each structure you want to defend, you need to find at least one person, often more, to sacrifice they’re playtime to simply sitting there and baby-sitting. If you can find such people, towers are harder to take, and that’s not a bad thing them being harder. However, if you don’t have baby-sitters towers are easier than ever to take. You can have the gate smashed down before swords even appear. You’ll see the white “X”, maybe orange in the lords room and bang, it’s flipped before you even close your map.

There was a conscious choice made to take away the fun factor with regards to defending. You can’t be a first responder any more, seeing swords and quickly getting there to see what’s happening and call in the right reinforcements. I enjoyed that to be honest… being defensive eyes all over the map. Forced camping, not fun. Losing towers because you were trying to have fun and didn’t know the golem rush was there until the lords room was already penetrated, not fun. Seeing camps flip without any indication they were even in trouble, not fun. The rest of the changes… arrow carts, confusion nerfs, etc. all are rather tolerable. I can even live with the horrible decision to remove the defensive ability of swirling winds because there’s another means available, even though it’s a lot more challenging to pull off. But the 30 seconds before a warning… it’s really discouraging. The only way to really progress now in WvW is to be one with the zerg, and I prefer not to do that if I can help it. I sincerely hope Devon et.al. will reconsider that.

Great points here. On T1 it was already so hard to take things away from JQ because their superior coverage meant that they held t3 structures whilst being able to constantly flip to paper everything else.

Looks like I’ll wait a bit before coming back if I come back at all. Killing my guardian build; nerfing retaliation as though it hasn’t been killed enough since launch and punishing guardians for relying on the mechanic that makes them guardians (relying on boons to make up on shortfalls in health, damage, mobility, range etc) was just another hit in the balls together with this update.

Thank you all for your responses.

[HIRE]
TC

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

worst patch ever.confusion is inbound in a mesmers trait line and was turned useless. now there are many limited builds left and i might have to stay on arrow carts untill i get enough gold to respec and get new gear!the 30 seconds addon is really dumb as anamies can flip camps and towers instantly.all the patch did was promoting zergs, destoying builds, forcing tons of players to respec, people having to give up their hard achieved gear, golems being insta killed on gates, unbalance wvw and destoying all the fun!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Rhino.7863

Rhino.7863

Your kidding aren’t you? If you do not understand why this has a completely different mechanic and role in battle of kyhlo to what it does in WvW I don’t think I’ll bother trying to explain it to you.

How can I misunderstand something as clueless as “There is this PvP in this game where there are no trebs at all. Its called sPvP.” If you ever played sPvP you will clearly see trebs on one of the maps. Stop lying pls.

in WvW

Posted by: Tubameteor.9408

Tubameteor.9408

My guild got some laughs out of the op carts with people taking the mastery skills but we all know how broken they are. Sure these acs can hurt a zerg blob, which we demolished a blob last night thanks to acs, but this also affects smaller guilds and makes our job difficult. Now there is more incentive for the enemy to hide inside their tower/keep and rain hell with acs rather than engage open field. PvP? Nope, run to the nearest tower/keep you own and kitten.

Tubameteor/Tubadeath/Tubamage
Sanctum of Rall, Midnight Wardens [WARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I play Engineer, which got nerfhammered, and i play in EU t1. Where one server dominates by camping inside keeps and nightcapping, and their playstyle just got massively buffed.

So, kitten it. I’m done.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I don’t have the patience or the drive to adjust my playstyle to the metagame as it shifts so I’ve decided to re-focus my efforts on complaining about things on the internet.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Effects: my confusion Mesmer is useless, my gear is useless, my time was wasted, the arrow carts thing is absurd at 80% dam increase, ruining open field combat and encouraging turtling.. Only thing I like about the patch is being able to see retaliation damage on the screen. At least that’s what I assume that yellow bag of kitten is which keeps popping up. Really weird choice of color and design. Haven’t seen a single player sporting those ridiculous butt flags yet. Still can’t believe Mesmers got a 50% damage reduction while arrow carts got an 80% dam buff. Just what every player wants. Their power taken away and replaced by an inanimate object. Not that glam Mesmers were ever close to the power if this divine cart of the gods. I have sympathy for Ele’s and everyone else hit with the wet nerf sock. Also… Boon hate? What an awful, awful idea. So sorry for guardians. As for the new living story stuff, a new dungeon sounds cool. The rest of it is hard to find and connect to. My only experience with F&F content has been annoying fog horn thingies ruining the beautiful score. Frost and Fire sounds too much like “A Song of Fire and Ice”. That, or a cheap shade of lipstick. Should have changed it to Nerf & QQ.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

My server’s WvW population was already dropping, but since the patch it took a dive today it was so terrible that it took us hours to capture back the base keep in EB. It could be that ppl went to PvE for the new instance, but still…

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Mesmers seem the ideal profession to get some form of Boon Hate. Remember Aneurysm in GW1? A modified version:

Aneurysm

Spell. Target foe has all Boons refreshed. For each boon refreshed in this way, that foe takes n damage and all nearby foes lose 1 Boon.

C’mon Devon, you know you like it.

#TeamJadeQuarry