in WvW

Posted by: asperbianca.3196

asperbianca.3196

Gotta watch out for them chickens!

Jan 25 - Feb 1 2013 | SoS & JQ & BG

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I’m not fully up on the politics… why would SoR go for revenge against SoS? Revenge for what?

I wouldn’t say revenge as much as I would say rivalry. It’s been a while since our super close matches of the past, and many of us are looking forward to some equally fun matches when we meet again.

If your from SOR, a word of warning. BG pretty much played themselves out of staying in Tier 1 next week because of their rivalry with SOS. If they had of played smart last week and targetted JQ, BG would have finished in second place and gained some points. This week they are going to miss pushing SOS out of tier 1 by 30 points, which they could have made by playing for second place last week. To elaborate on this, SOS commanders were instructing to leave BG alone and avoid them and target JQ because it was obvious they were the bigger threat.

That said, Im yet to see a server play smart like this. Just know that a “rivalry” can come back to bite you like it just has for BG. And in all honesty, I don’t see BG getting much Tier 1 again for a while. Especially with Kain coming to Tier 2 in another week and FA becoming a stronger unified force.

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

I’m not fully up on the politics… why would SoR go for revenge against SoS? Revenge for what?

I wouldn’t say revenge as much as I would say rivalry. It’s been a while since our super close matches of the past, and many of us are looking forward to some equally fun matches when we meet again.

If your from SOR, a word of warning. BG pretty much played themselves out of staying in Tier 1 next week because of their rivalry with SOS. If they had of played smart last week and targetted JQ, BG would have finished in second place and gained some points. This week they are going to miss pushing SOS out of tier 1 by 30 points, which they could have made by playing for second place last week. To elaborate on this, SOS commanders were instructing to leave BG alone and avoid them and target JQ because it was obvious they were the bigger threat.

That said, Im yet to see a server play smart like this. Just know that a “rivalry” can come back to bite you like it just has for BG. And in all honesty, I don’t see BG getting much Tier 1 again for a while. Especially with Kain coming to Tier 2 in another week and FA becoming a stronger unified force.

You realize ratings reset next week right? Remember how it was at launch? Well, we are getting that again except we have to sit through 1 week matches this time. Blackgate is right where it wants to be. Your condescension regarding the smartness of our play is unwarranted as you have no idea what our leaders discussed this week.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

I love armchair quarterbacks.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

Well then you don’t understand how this really works then.

The ratings are all equal tomorrow. The shake up will take several weeks before the right servers are in the right tiers, but I will be shocked if BG isn’t in a higher tier than SOS, JQ and SOR in two weeks.

Barring any new substantial announcements on rating from Anet, quote me on this on Feb 8th.

EDIT: BTW, BG did finish in second place.

in WvW

Posted by: Blade.9317

Blade.9317

I may not completely understand the implications of the score reset, but after next week none of the servers currently in T1 may be there. Won’t tiers be determined by whatever number of points are gained by servers during the week? As in servers that blow out their current tier will be T1? As I said, I may have it completely wrong.

[ICoa] Feisty Brat, Mesmer
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

I may not completely understand the implications of the score reset, but after next week none of the servers currently in T1 may be there. Won’t tiers be determined by whatever number of points are gained by servers during the week? As in servers that blow out their current tier will be T1? As I said, I may have it completely wrong.

As far as I understand, you are correct, barring one prerequisite, that all the servers be set to particular rating say 1500. If they tier the starting reset values to say 1700 for T1, 1600 for T2, etc this will still happen, but to less of an extent.

Again, as far as I understand.

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

You do realize if BG had actually focused more on you and blew you out like they could have it would have been in their favor. Them focusing the number 1 nets them the most point gains.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

This is is no way a Troll, I think we can all benfit from helping each other out with this as something doesn’t add up and we need to do something other the talking to show anet their system isn’t working right.

here is a problem I see, all servers have complained about the que times on the bl’s, now from what I gather its a 500 server cap, and I cannot figure out weather its 500 per bl per server or 500 per tier per server, but what I am seeing in all honesty that last nite in SOS Bl with only around 60-70 sos players on 1 map , its caped and you have to que for that map.Now I would assume its the same for the other servers so I was thinking since this week is almost done comanders on all 3 servers tonight do a map pic or take legitement numbers of the players that are on the sever for an argument statement back to anet in regards to the cap limit and que times on Bl maps

I know last nite in sos we had no more then 70 players on combined at one time and it was qued ,now Jq looked to have alot more then that in the map around the same time as they have done all week and I would assume they were qued as well, which logically doesn’t make sense if we are all caped to 500 by server it should be even players on the maps at anyone time before any que would take effect .

Now if it is caped at 500 per Bl map then only after each server had 165 players in the map then a que would start, and if its 500 players at any one time in Tier 1 then only 125 players per bl map for each server would be allowed in before a que would form.

Now I think you would all agree that most nites before the cap on a Bl map starts then there isn’t 500 players in that map from each server and not even 125 players from each server so something doesn’t add up at all. And for an example last nite after sos bl crashed and then we could get back there after 50 odd of us from merc jumped across there was a que time which doesn’t make any sense at all .

I hope you guys from JQ and Bg see what I am getting at and understand I am not trolling that we should take some hard evidence and show anet that something just isn’t right, so that we can all get on alot quicker and play with our mates and continue to have epic battles against each other as it is so much fun to have alot of players from all sides in the maps going hard.
On a side note god I wish they fixed the rendering you guys from JQ scared the crap out of me last nite in bay, I went to follow up the stairs on the wall to just get hammered by an invisible zerg that wasn’t there and wasn’t till I was dead that I started to see the red guys trampling me.

cheers

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I wouldn’t mind at all if SoS dropped down to tier 2 for next weeks match. Let BG, SOR fight against JQ. I think Tier 1 would be better off having 3 servers hungry for a win. SoS would be better suited dropping down, regrouping, chilling out for a couple of weeks. This reset couldn’t of come at a better time.

I have no idea what the size of SoR is currently but it would be nice if another server could match the size of JQ zergs. It’s clearly obvious SoS and BG even if they teamed up still would struggle against JQ’s numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

As far as I understand, you are correct, barring one prerequisite, that all the servers be set to particular rating say 1500. If they tier the starting reset values to say 1700 for T1, 1600 for T2, etc this will still happen, but to less of an extent.

Again, as far as I understand.

I agree, if its 1500 straight across then huge shifts. If they seat the tiers with a rating subset then smaller shifts.

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

It’s kind of funny seeing JQ tell BG for weeks that if they only would attack #1 (SoS) they would get more points. Now that JQ is #1 what do they say? Attack #2 (SoS) cause it’ll get you the most points.

The next few weeks are gonna be fun. We at SoS have been running on 100% for so long, we need a break. Some time in a different tier will be refreshing, and allow us more time for other things besides 24/7 wvw. Though I do want to fight SoR. I came to SoS at the very end of their last fight with SoR, and I hear nothing but great things about them.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I wouldn’t mind at all if SoS dropped down to tier 2 for next weeks match. Let BG, SOR fight against JQ. I think Tier 1 would be better off having 3 servers hungry for a win. SoS would be better suited dropping down, regrouping, chilling out for a couple of weeks. This reset couldn’t of come at a better time.

I have no idea what the size of SoR is currently but it would be nice if another server could match the size of JQ zergs. It’s clearly obvious SoS and BG even if they teamed up still would struggle against JQ’s numbers.

I said it earlier, but you can’t use the performance this week as any gauge of either SoS or BG. Starting with tomorrow’s reset I think you’re going to see a completely different SoS than what you saw this week.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

It’s kind of funny seeing JQ tell BG for weeks that if they only would attack #1 (SoS) they would get more points. Now that JQ is #1 what do they say? Attack #2 (SoS) cause it’ll get you the most points.

The next few weeks are gonna be fun. We at SoS have been running on 100% for so long, we need a break. Some time in a different tier will be refreshing, and allow us more time for other things besides 24/7 wvw. Though I do want to fight SoR. I came to SoS at the very end of their last fight with SoR, and I hear nothing but great things about them.

It’s not really as simple as that, it’s not always ‘attack SoS’ as you attack #1, no matter which server is in that position. If JQ is #1, if SoS is #1, if SoR is #1, you just slot in the server name and attack. That’s the way glicko works… or worked, as it were.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: electricblues.1059

electricblues.1059

I said it earlier, but you can’t use the performance this week as any gauge of either SoS or BG. Starting with tomorrow’s reset I think you’re going to see a completely different SoS than what you saw this week.

While this is true, JQ still massively outnumbers both SoS and BG. And considering BG’s past performances, I doubt any organized 2v1 against JQ will last.

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Indeed, that’s what is going to happen.

Expect ALOT of rating gaming in the next weeks.

SoR did it, admitted it on the forums and all, but they didn’t get punished for manipulating the rating.

Unless Anet punishes SoR somehow, Anet basically gives a free pass to all servers to game the rating system.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

Anyone paying attention, hopefully, knows this is true.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Indeed, that’s what is going to happen.

Expect ALOT of rating gaming in the next weeks.

SoR did it, admitted it on the forums and all, but they didn’t get punished for manipulating the rating.

Unless Anet punishes SoR somehow, Anet basically gives a free pass to all servers to game the rating system.

Meh cut them a break. They didn’t manipulate anything. They played the system to their advantage, which is just fine in my book if you have the coordination and communication to pull it off. It also ended up not mattering at all with the rating reset tomorrow, other than being the #2 server at the end of WvW season 1. All that rating SoR sucked off SBI goes POOF tomorrow.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO,

Last time I played SOR, they played great!

These last two weeks BG has played great!

JQ has always been strong, recruited well and has played great!.

JQ has won this week well. 18 medals this series highlights their consistency..

For reasons I do not fully understand, there have been issues with queues to near empty Borderlands and several borderland crashes this week but some very good fights!

All of us can look forward to some interesting times as the ratings reset, if 3 servers from tiers 2-8 end up in T1 the next week after reset, good luck to them.

Over time it will all sort out.

See you on the battlefields.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Glicko is dictating even if BG gets #2 in this match, it’s going to be in T2. If SoS wanted to game the rating hard to drop to T2 for the reset. SoS would have had to sandbag the match all week to throw a ton more rating at BG and JQ.

After next weeks match is over the Big4 will be separated for a few weeks due to a few lower tier servers sustaining their blowouts to mostly dead servers. So in a way SoS gets it’s break the week after next.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

They even coined a new phrase, SoRing the ratings. I found it amusing.

I prefer to call it “consolidating siege wares by exploring aggressive appropriation opportunities in the recreational obstacle course”.

Get that kitten a flame ram, kittens love flame rams.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I find it amusing every one is talking about who is going to be in tier 1 or 2. Yet there is a ranking reset coming. What you do now matters naught.

Though pretty sure after the ranking reset, tier 1 servers will mostly land slide their way back to it after a few weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Trikki.5803

Trikki.5803

BG will never win Tier 1 while we have only 1 largish active Oceanic guild (and we’re semi-casual) – Nocturnal. That’s like 25% of the points for a day reduced heavily because SoS and JQ have sooooo many more numbers.

We never give up, but we know its a losing battle.

BG’s NA and EU crew is fantastic, actually all our guilds are great, we just suffer from a severe lack of numbers in certain pockets of time.

Trikki – GM [NOC] Nocturnal (Oceanic Mature Age Guild)
Blackgate
http://www.nocturnalguild.com.au

(edited by Trikki.5803)

in WvW

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

While i’m not on BG, I have to say that BG is truly a good server that play with a lot of heart even when odds are against them.

I hope BG people doesn’t feel as if they aren’t T1 worthy because honestly they are good sports.

I wish it were somehow possible to have 4 servers play in T1. Maybe that’s a bit much though

in WvW

Posted by: Tala.7638

Tala.7638

BG lost all of the bandwagoners who were responsible for that stuff Barab. Most of them left months ago.

They all just left SoS and now preside on jQQ, so chip chip cherro!

Talaysteria/Talas Cap/Talarenth
THE Mystic Plumbers [LUCK]
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Nobody has been as stacked as JQ is now. That last transfer caused panic in all the number watchers and induced a mass exodus.

There are WvW threatening problems now, one is that with such an overwhelming force people will quit trying to fight it. JQ has the numbers but now nobody can or wants fight. Winning because of lack of competition is more corrosive than losing.
The second problem is, nobody is going to pay $20 to transfer to a weaker server, so the problem keeps compounding, balance is the least of peoples worries they just want to be on the “winning” side.

It seems that Anet bought the cart before the horse on this one. We shot ourselves in the foot and Anet handed us the gun. I hope WvWers are smart enough to balance this out on their own, but hoping people to do the right thing is about as useful as teets on a turtle.

So you’re saying that because SoS is outnumbered right now, they should just give up and quit? Hmmm…JQ has been outnumbered plenty in the past, and we’ve never given up. We faced HoD multiple times, and improved consistently…even when outnumbered and getting beaten on. It’s called being resilient, and it is a necessity for remaining in T1 for the long run. We’re all going to find out what kind of server SoS is in the coming weeks and months.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Blackgate and 20 other servers have never won in Tier 1 since 1 week matches started. We’re all still fighting. Let’s get some perspective in here. There isn’t an excuse for stopping to play, ever. Sack up and get out there and fight for your server and fight for pride, not whine the moment you aren’t in first. Did you ever consider the monumental amount of balls that it takes for any server that you are crushing to show up every day and try and leave your corpses in the dirt? SoS has been spoiled. You haven’t gotten legit rocked in a match in well over 3 months. You have won Tier 1 9 of 10 times. Now there is complaining the second you don’t outnumber someone? Try playing on Blackgate for a day and maybe you’ll appreciate fighting a losing battle a little more. An attitude that “we aren’t winning so we won’t try” spits on every server that has stuck it out through all of the bad and all of the blowouts. All those servers showed up because of good fights even when you were crushing them and, now that someone is doing it to you, you take your ball and go home? Please.

EDIT: This post is directed to any individual on SoS that doesn’t want to show up to WvW because JQ is beating you. To all of you out there who are fighting the good fight, /salute.

Blackgate Forever,

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

in WvW

elkirin.8534

NOC Has done a terrific job this week but there is only so much you can do against a larger well managed force let alone two.

Over the last 6-7 weeks many players have been playing a few hours either side of their timezones. I have seen the same teams out for 8-12 hrs straight but coverage holes do become painful.

I honestly wish BG luck with the recruiting as three, 24/7 teams going at it would be fun to see.

in WvW

elkirin.8534

The rules of the forums do not allow you to name and shame a player individually.

This leads to posts that accuse an entire server of having the attitude displayed by one poster. While it seems fair that you have the right to reply to a complaint by one poster, attributing that poster’s attitude to the whole server is very likely incorrect and unfair.

IMHO, Those of us who are out there fighting for our servers rain hail or sunshine do not deserve to be lumped in with the forum warriors.

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

The rules of the forums do not allow you to name and shame a player individually.

This leads to posts that accuse an entire server of having the attitude displayed by one poster. While it seems fair that you have the right to reply to a complaint by one poster, attributing that poster’s attitude to the whole server is very likely incorrect and unfair.

IMHO, Those of us who are out there fighting for our servers rain hail or sunshine do not deserve to be lumped in with the forum warriors.

You are absolutely right. Hope my edit helps.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Blackgate and 20 other servers have never won in Tier 1 since 1 week matches started. We’re all still fighting. Let’s get some perspective in here. There isn’t an excuse for stopping to play, ever. Sack up and get out there and fight for your server and fight for pride, not whine the moment you aren’t in first. Did you ever consider the monumental amount of balls that it takes for any server that you are crushing to show up every day and try and leave your corpses in the dirt? SoS has been spoiled. You haven’t gotten legit rocked in a match in well over 3 months. You have won Tier 1 9 of 10 times. Now there is complaining the second you don’t outnumber someone? Try playing on Blackgate for a day and maybe you’ll appreciate fighting a losing battle a little more. An attitude that “we aren’t winning so we won’t try” spits on every server that has stuck it out through all of the bad and all of the blowouts. All those servers showed up because of good fights even when you were crushing them and, now that someone is doing it to you, you take your ball and go home? Please.

EDIT: This post is directed to any individual on SoS that doesn’t want to show up to WvW because JQ is beating you. To all of you out there who are fighting the good fight, /salute.

Best post in the entire thread right here. /salute

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

EDIT: This post is directed to any individual on ANY SERVER that doesn’t want to show up to WvW because ANY OTHER SERVER is beating you. To all of you out there who are fighting the good fight, /salute.

Great generalized post that is repeated billion times before.

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

There are a large number of excellent and resilient commanders on JQ.
Even in the discouraging days of heavily outmanned, I would take a day off, think about it, and go right back in. I can think of only one match in the SoS T1 era, where I’ve basically said kitten it. But, next Reset, I was back at it. I have never seen a post, or heard on TS, mapchat, teamchat, squadchat the command to “stand down” and quit fighting.
Go JQ.
PS that post by Esoteric is spot on. Perspective is needed.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

EDIT: This post is directed to any individual on ANY SERVER that doesn’t want to show up to WvW because ANY OTHER SERVER is beating you. To all of you out there who are fighting the good fight, /salute.

Do you enjoy trolling? Or did I just offend you?

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Do you enjoy trolling? Or did I just offend you?

Probably just close to the mark. Go figure.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

Good post.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Been noticing some of our top commanders, commanding in orr, taking temples etc. I guess this week they are just enjoying other parts of the game.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

SoS is still trying to go down to T2 but at this rate, it’s kitten near impossible lol.. I’m sure next week with SoR moving up to T1 you guys will have a really even match and more than likely go down to t5 together after that week ends hahah

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Well then you don’t understand how this really works then.

The ratings are all equal tomorrow. The shake up will take several weeks before the right servers are in the right tiers, but I will be shocked if BG isn’t in a higher tier than SOS, JQ and SOR in two weeks.

Barring any new substantial announcements on rating from Anet, quote me on this on Feb 8th.

EDIT: BTW, BG did finish in second place.

BG finished in third place last week:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/18#NA

Scores were:

SOS: 232 012
JQ: 222 304
BG: 169 721

SOS took a massive lead early in the week and JQ pulled this massive lead back after their guild transfer blackout period finished.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

So you’re saying that because SoS is outnumbered right now, they should just give up and quit? Hmmm…JQ has been outnumbered plenty in the past, and we’ve never given up. We faced HoD multiple times, and improved consistently…even when outnumbered and getting beaten on. It’s called being resilient, and it is a necessity for remaining in T1 for the long run. We’re all going to find out what kind of server SoS is in the coming weeks and months.

I don’t think giving up is the right answer, but if guilds want to take a break so be it. The last couple of months have been fun.

You mention getting beaten by HoD for weeks then SoS, to keep coming back and taking a beating week after week is either a testament to your resolve or you’re a sucker for punishment, maybe a bit of both. I would of liked to see what would of happened if the numbers stayed the same they did last week when things were even. we were heading for a few months of close games. Shame it hasn’t panned out that way with even more bandwagoners. I doubt we will see what happened last week for a long time.

its a shame.

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

A fictional story that may or may not be based on a true story. From the point of view of a Unnamed JQ guild with a team of 30.

Scout “I just seen 4 SoS pugs heading for champions”

Commander "This is it team, this is what we have been training for. Make sure you all have food buffs and skale, get those golem boxes ready. "

Sergeant “But sir, we can no longer use golem in a box.”

Commander “Looks like we will have to do this the old fashioned way with pure determination and advanced strategy. Speed buffs go go go!. Ok stack near the ridge under the bridge. stack stack stack! I need portal bomb into the corn followed by a veil just like in our drills. Corn bomb go Corn bomb go go! veil go go go! Hammer hammer hammer, stomp stomp stomp!”

Sos Pug “wtf just happened!?”

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

SOS took a massive lead early in the week and JQ pulled this massive lead back after their guild transfer blackout period finished.

JQ always low in point after reset during weekend even before the transfers, but strong throughout the week. It’s our trend.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Not going to lie… after not bothering any other servers trying to get the JP, was disappointed to find one camping in there and taking everyone else out. I’m bad enough at JP as it is, so thanks for making it even less fun. I’m sure it’s common, but for my first time running around in there, was not really pleased with the set up.

So it’s not all negative, kudos to the players putting up a grand fight tonight in EB! At least some fun was had tonight.

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Map update below. I don’t ever want to hear JQ or SoS complaining about double teaming ever again. :p

Beastgate held both off for quite a while though.

Attachments:

Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Map update below. I don’t ever want to hear JQ or SoS complaining about double teaming ever again. :p

Beastgate held both off for quite a while though.

Every server has had a turn this week.

Friday reset JQ was backed into their spawn with BG and SOS sitting all around it dividing their crap up. Many hours this was going on.

Pretty much every day the same thing has happened to SOS with BG and JQ sandwiching them.

when this happens its quite easy for a good server with a queue to get backed all the way to their spawn, what with 2 T1 queued out servers each hitting them as hard as they possibly can and ignoring one another.

I guess the lesson is, when they are helping you push out your enemy take advantage of that situation and make it happen as long as possible — you’ll be on the other end of it soon enough.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: awesomesauce.5980

awesomesauce.5980

@ hex

The hyperbole is strong in your post. You think SoS had a clear 2 to 1 advantage? Maybe during Oceanic hours, maybe against SBI on it’s last legs, but no, it was never that bad.

I understand it’s a slang word and definitions might be a little lose, but I don’t think you understand what a beat down is. The score for the time SoS has been in tier one (aside from one week where JQ smashed it home and one week where SoS did well – New Years week and the week before Christmas) has been very close. The match ended with first and second place usually within 10-30k points apart, and most weeks third place was decently close to second place.

Most of my post was in response to someone boasting that JQ’s stability (and longevity as a competitive server) comes from some kind of immunity to fluctuating morale and because they love to play. This carries with it the implication that servers that have imploded (SBI and HoD included amongst those) do not have these magical things that make JQ stable. I see that as an insult to the players of servers which did “implode”. I am proposing that JQ has been blessed by not losing core guilds (such as War Machine and subsequent losses did to SBI) causing them to under perform and get pulled under in the competition, truly challenging their morale, dramatically altering the landscape and experience in the game and causing their inevitable spiral down the tiers away from what many tier one players consider the most competitive tier to play in that generally offers the best WvW experience that GW2 has to offer. They enjoy a great privilege that other servers weren’t so lucky to have. The server is fortunate. Coming second (usually) or third place in the NA rankings is hardly comparable to being on a sinking ship and watching people you enjoy playing with leave, logging in to WvW only to be outmanned and get crushed by the enemy zerg every time you try to kill a raptor outside your spawn. I don’t believe you can claim to have your server loyalty tested the same as others have until you’ve been in the same challenging situations they have been in.

I am sure there are JQ players who were there on day one and will never abandon ship, even if the server was pushed down to the bottom tier. I am certain of that. I’m also certain there are JQ players who have never set foot in WvW. Am I certain that most guilds and players would have stayed regardless of their WvW performance or if their friends were abandoning ship? I’m highly sceptical of that.

You think SBI players left their server (of which many of them were fiercely proud of before it was a sinking ship) and joined JQ (the new power server, also in tier 1 where SBI players wanted to be) because JQ met with them are they thought you were all such nice people? They had many weeks of meeting you before their server was knocked out of tier one. They only transferred once they knew they would be stuck where they went to and once they knew the server they chose was the favourite to dominate. They might like your guilds, but if your guilds were on Eredon Terrace in last place and they knew even if they transferred they would remain there, I seriously doubt they would have come over.

Not that any of this matters now. The server is not what it once was, JQ is a new server with a new face. A lot of the shout outs I’m reading on the forums are to guilds that weren’t on JQ three weeks ago. A lot of the individuals on the forum are actually former SoS players (bandwagoners) who moved over to enjoy the wins.

Unless I’m wrong, in five months server transfers will still cost money, so servers will still have increased stability (for better or worse) because leaving isn’t as simple as deciding you want to be elsewhere. You don’t need to be loyal, you just need to be poor.

Finally, I don’t think there many posters that are saying JQ is full of bad people and they should stop playing because they are all to blame for the server being as strong as it is. Most people are trying to establish, (to the bleating opposition of a handful of posters) what seems obvious to many, that JQ got in a more transfers than the other top tier servers in the last three weeks and that despite the numbers being very close before this, they are strongly in favour of JQ now that transfers are closed. A lot of people are trying establish that in the discussion and grow more zelous when they are faced with denials and gloating, most are not trying to blame a server for recruiting.

Map caps don’t mean a kitten thing when you can’t get 10 people for a break out event, never mind the 30 you would need to reasonably contest the 100 man zerg that’s waiting around the corner to stomp you.

(edited by awesomesauce.5980)

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Is the challenging situation you refer to being #1 8 out of the past 10 weeks? Or facing equal numbers while coupled with poor server moral and getting stomped by both JQ and BG (who has vastly lower #’s than SoS)?

I’m sure hearing anyone from SoS moaning about lack of coverage and being outnumbered anytime is sweet sweet music to the entire Gw2 community. It is to me most assuredly.

Good game this week SoS.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Is the challenging situation you refer to being facing equal numbers

YOU MUST BE JOKING! do you really think for one second SoS has the same coverage JQ has right now? It was close last week now with all the other bandwagoners its beyond a joke. JQ will turn into the hated server soon where everyone wants to take them down because of how stacked they are.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

was doing a training exercise and this happened to BG’s eb.

oops

Attachments:

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Are you saying you lacked coverage and #‘s this week and good game JQ? Are you admitting in an odd way that coverage and superior #’s in fact lent you the win for 8 out of 10 weeks prior and you might be a bit disappointed the shoe is on the other foot this week?

I hope to see SoS deal with there moral problems and get back into prime fighting condition soon.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]