Jan 25 - Feb 1 Deso vs BB v Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Deffe.2967

Deffe.2967

Having fun in EB. Kinda disappointed that Kodash needs 50man zergs for supplycamps.

Veffe Ku – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I think I stole a Guild Catapult from Baruch Bay and ran off with it into our tower when they accidentally dropped the box on the ground instead of the buildsite. :P

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Oxxymoron.9864

Oxxymoron.9864

another good example how the current matchmaking system cant keep up. I know, last batch of transfers, check back in a month when the Eu ladder finnaly fixes itself….

in WvW

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

After at least an hour queued for every map after reset, I gave up waiting:(
I don’t remember ever seeing queues like this before.

in WvW

Posted by: loseros.5912

loseros.5912

This is not how it beggins but how it ends, though it looks like you have enough ppl everytime to have nearly all the map conquered by the end of the night and start with a 12k difference point in less than 12 hours.

Anyways, GL HF and see you in the battlefield!

Asterilla
Ranger charr 80, Guardian asura 80

in WvW

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

It’s not about the quantity but about the quality, draw your own conclusions.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in WvW

loseros.5912

Could you be more specific? I think you’re trying to say you were not so many, but that you had more quality?

Anytime a server is able to have +600 or more is about numbers, quality doesn’t give you 600 points lol. Not even in your best dreams.

Asterilla

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

If that is what you think but I see it differently. Desolation has always fought outnumbered in the majority of our matchups despite having a “full” server status.

Last night on EB from my perspective both Kodash and Baruch were fielding groups numbering from 20 for capping camps to 40+ for assaults. Both servers were focused on Desolation. Very little ground was traded between Kodash and Baruch with the exception of Ogrewatch and Stone Mist itself.

Now let me first apologise for what I’m going to say next, this isn’t meant as an insult, merely an observation but Desolation forces seemed able to wipe twice our number quite easily. Again this was my impression contrasted with the fights we’ve become accustomed to against SFR and VS.

Those 600 points are also directly a result of our servers players putting in extra hours and effort, that’s how we roll, we don’t have dedicated large volume night crews. You’re encountering the majority of our players during primetime and off-peak hours.

I’m sorry if you don’t believe me but the Desolation you faced a few months back is not the same Desolation you face today.

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.5630

Kami.5630

And please get some more survivability. All you berserker geared players are making my condition build not viable since you die before the second tick!

Kami
[IRON] Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I think I stole a Guild Catapult from Baruch Bay and ran off with it into our tower when they accidentally dropped the box on the ground instead of the buildsite. :P

Happened to me too lol. I was jumping into the fray from the wall and was spamming F during the process of cleaning up our tower’s welcome mats. Then I’ve jumped back inside the tower and uh.. whaaa… what is this?.. there was a blueprint in my hands

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I’m just happy not having to deal with vizunah this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

I’m just happy not having to deal with vizunah this week.

yup, vs is prolly the most boring server to play against. at least now people dare face us in battle

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Ralphy.5304

Ralphy.5304

I duno, VS zergs wipe pretty easily. At least compared to Seafarers in my experience

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Last week 20 VoTF kept 40 VS inside bay

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Gosh! Desolation has people everywhere at all times! We can see a potential winner since day 1, sadly.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Last week 20 VoTF kept 40 VS inside bay

Hm, doesn’t sound like a perfect strategy to me. I guess it’s probably better to keep them OUT of bay and not INside bay

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Not the most exciting start so far but seems we are up against Nuke and alot of BB tonight, despite that had some good fights last night on EB especially coming across both Zergs at our camps and getting steamrolled (I was camped in Rogues with a AC). Hopefully it’ll pick up once the new week nears, we alsohad some annoyingly long queues on EB tonight. (looking forward to the end of these transfers)

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

this setup is really boring, unfortunately kodash and BB can barely put any fight. Well let’s see how this week goes.

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think both BB and Kodash are putting in a really good fight and keep trying despite the odds which I really respect, your determination alone makes you deserve to be in tier 2. I did notice like someone else mentioned that a lot of you seem to go down fast and a lot of you were running lower level characters at prime time.

I think if you make sure all your people are lvl 80, geared up with vit and/or toughness gear as well as food buffs that you will improve by miles. As it stands we can kill you far too easy even when outnumbering us.

You have some really good tactics already for example in Kodash BL you attacked one gate on garrison while doing a sneak golem attack on the other and various other tactics I’ve seen from both sides that are really clever and obviously well thought out. I think the gear issue is one of the biggest things holding you back.

I think the other problem with this matchup is that we currently have really good organisation in Desolation. Some really good top-notch WvW guilds who also work well together and better coverage/numbers throughout the entire day/evening except for early mornings by which point of course everything is upgraded and a lot of points already capped making it difficult for BB and Kodash to gain some ground.

I feel that Deso would be better off in Tier 1 for the sake of fairness though at the same time we struggle at tier 1 because we don’t have the morning coverage so we end up bouncing between tier 1 and 2 as things stand. We currently have too many at prime time and queues are pretty long which isn’t helping at the same time.

I hope with the paid transfers coming up things will finally settle down and matches will be more evenly matched and enjoyable for all sides.

I also hope BB and Kodash will keep giving us all they’ve got or it’ll be a boring week! So keep up the good fight!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Yea. Right now elona sfr and deso will.have to fight for 2 spots in tier 1. its sad that these completely dominate tier 2 which is not fun for anybody.

in WvW

Posted by: Bonzibu.4970

Bonzibu.4970

Wow – this is desolation? The server which has so “much skill” (and lost T1). I can see manpower, that’s it.
Of course will be a boring week, we have that manpower only during (German) primtime ;-)
Enjoy, next week VZ und SFR will show you skill…

Bonzibu | SFR |

in WvW

loseros.5912

Yea, last week i felt piken’s guilds were a lot more skilled than deso’s, in general (there are guilds and guilds). What i haven’t seen in piken that i saw in deso is huge numbers. You are a T1 server in terms of numbers and organization, cause in terms of skills, others have nothing to envy you. That’s what i think.

Anyways GL HF and see you in the battlefield.

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: Castiel.8169

Castiel.8169

wvw is not about skill, its about zerging and who better abuses culling and that is what you desos are really good at, congratulation

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.5630

Kami.5630

Many thanks for all the kind words :-). See you on the battlefield.

Kami
[IRON] Desolation

in WvW

MarzAttakz.9608

If you think Deso has huge numbers then you’re making an error in judgement and haven’t seen what tier 1 looks like. The post by Lilyfay has some very good advice for your servers. I do think both servers are great at tactics, you have good potential but if you don’t want to give that advice some thought then enjoy being beaten by whichever server keeps rotating into tier 2.

Regarding skill, well I saw perhaps a handful of players that demonstrated that so far. My guild is assigned to EB this week so I haven’t seen any borderland action yet but if you think we’re lacking in skill then why are 15 of us able to consistently beat the majority of your hitsquads numbering 30 or more?

As for us “losing tier 1” – well that’s just how the point system works, we placed #2 in the last tier 1 matchup but due to Elona fighting only Kodash mostly and gaining massive points their rating allowed them to replace us. Kinda like the points Desolation is amassing now even though we’re fighting two servers instead of one.

Anyway I do respect most of what Kodash and BB do, keep it up.

in WvW

Posted by: Sethorus.9231

Sethorus.9231

let them talk about deso. complaining about skills when they have 1/3 of our points in this match and we don’t even have a nightcappin system like the rest of the other t1 homeworlds is just priceless, made my morning. Listen, i am not trying to look down on you guys or anything, just in a realistic PoV, but I don’t think it was fair for you guys how you guys ended up in this setup =/,it’s probably the free transfers fault that put you guys in this. It’s just that, it’s just too boring… geez…. But keep trying your best guys!

(edited by Sethorus.9231)

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Wow – this is desolation? The server which has so “much skill” (and lost T1). I can see manpower, that’s it.
Of course will be a boring week, we have that manpower only during (German) primtime ;-)

I hope u know we beat vz and sfr in tier 1 in the last consecutive weeks.
We are in tier 2 cos we couldn’t finish 1st in tier 1 and elona had no competition in.tier 2 with arbestone dropping.

However if u think we have nos and coverage and no skill.. U will be really surprised to.face vz then.

in WvW

Posted by: Chipmunko.5870

Chipmunko.5870

If you think Deso has huge numbers then you’re making an error in judgement and haven’t seen what tier 1 looks like. The post by Lilyfay has some very good advice for your servers. I do think both servers are great at tactics, you have good potential but if you don’t want to give that advice some thought then enjoy being beaten by whichever server keeps rotating into tier 2.

Regarding skill, well I saw perhaps a handful of players that demonstrated that so far. My guild is assigned to EB this week so I haven’t seen any borderland action yet but if you think we’re lacking in skill then why are 15 of us able to consistently beat the majority of your hitsquads numbering 30 or more?

As for us “losing tier 1” – well that’s just how the point system works, we placed #2 in the last tier 1 matchup but due to Elona fighting only Kodash mostly and gaining massive points their rating allowed them to replace us. Kinda like the points Desolation is amassing now even though we’re fighting two servers instead of one.

Anyway I do respect most of what Kodash and BB do, keep it up.

good post just like Lilyfay … hit the point

are u feel good QQ every week when some1 drop from t1 to t2
as far as i see here are people trying to help u and u consider it as bad unfair etc.

rly disapointed from it
just like difference between t1 / t2 fights

Xixsa

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

i will take exception to you saying we lost in tier 1 when we came 2nd 2 weeks running but still dropped a tier. As for skill, really….? Yes we do outnumber u guys I wont deny that.

I have to commend Kodash for their awesome defence of hills today on their border. Showed us all how it should be done.

Also Kudos to both Kodash and BB for keeping up the fight, considering we do have superior presence its nice that you are making us work for every point. So thankyou for that.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

You can blame elona for deso being in t2 this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Negative. You can blame ONLY Arborstone for such a mess.

[IRON]

in WvW

loseros.5912

i will take exception to you saying we lost in tier 1 when we came 2nd 2 weeks running but still dropped a tier. As for skill, really….? Yes we do outnumber u guys I wont deny that.

I have to commend Kodash for their awesome defence of hills today on their border. Showed us all how it should be done.

Also Kudos to both Kodash and BB for keeping up the fight, considering we do have superior presence its nice that you are making us work for every point. So thankyou for that.

Finally someone admitting they outnumber us. Is it that bad to admit it? Lol

“- Numbers do not win battles.
- No but I bet they help”.

Asterilla

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

i remember our last matchup with bb when you outnumbered deso by 5-1. bb weren`t complaining then . Truth is deso is now a much better organised server than it has ever been with a great community and organisation accross all guilds. Numbers help but ultimatly organisation is what wins battles .

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Zaowi.7098

Zaowi.7098

Boring week as to be expected really since we came 2nd in tier 1 and only dropped because tier 2 rankings are a joke at the moment thanks to transferers from arborstone. I’ll sleep most of the week till were back in tier 1 next week =)

I hope KAZ are having fun owning BB =PP

Zaowii
[IRON]
Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Negative. You can blame ONLY Arborstone for such a mess.

You are in T2 because you failed to get the 15 rating point that would have put you ahead of SFR. (Or the 28 Rating point to be ahead Elona.)
A pity, as I said several times a T1 with Vizu, Elona and Deso I would have liked
more, but that’s life.
Situation is, there is one
T0 server: Vizu, and three
T1 server: Deso, SFR, Elona, and three
T2 server: Kodash, Baruch, Jade
As this doesn’t fit the match structure there was and will be more rotation.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

loseros.5912

i remember our last matchup with bb when you outnumbered deso by 5-1. bb weren`t complaining then . Truth is deso is now a much better organised server than it has ever been with a great community and organisation accross all guilds. Numbers help but ultimatly organisation is what wins battles .

Well, you must admit that 2 guilds from BB and a half of another one are now fighting with you against us… tha’s pretty much a double menpower diference. Not only we lost them but you have them now.

Also you’ve recieved migrations while we just recieved 1. That’s not server organization IMO, that’s server’s guild population growth which leads to a better server inevitably.

Asterilla

(edited by loseros.5912)

in WvW

loseros.5912

Good job iron defending that kittening keep. You where tons of ppl. So were us, but we felt like:
Hey! Arrow cart to deny that zerg regroup.
Hey! They are charging against the arrow cart kill em!
Hey! They have been baited and we killed a lot, now charge em! No wait they’re still a lot in there! (insert culling here)
Once again: hold the line and regroup! Build another arrow cart!
Hahaha.

Asterilla

(edited by loseros.5912)

in WvW

Posted by: Skoti.3195

Skoti.3195

Good job iron defending that kittening keep. You where tons of ppl. So were us, but we felt like:
Hey! They have been baited and we killed a lot, now charge em! No wait they’re still a lot in there! (insert culling here)
Hahaha.

Looks like you had never fought against VS

[IRON]

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfram.8367

Wolfram.8367

Trying versus against IRON…

How many are in your Raids?

Wolfram El Redentor
[NuKe] RL – Barcuh Bay[ES]

in WvW

Aveneo.2068

On Kodash BL? They were about 20-30 with about 10-20 randoms

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

BB and Kodash on EB need to work on their organization you have decent numbers I think, when Nuke came on last night that was a real test for us even we have alot of pugs on EB ourselves and need some work.
And that’s how I expect WvW in the higher tiers to be, you need numbers and coverage of course.

Update: I’ll just eat my own words you ninja capped Klovan

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Hahaha.

Looks like you had never fought against VS

Ask VS how many died tonight against the walls of Shadarn Hills. We masacred them in droves, still they just kept on coming. Logged off after two hours of consant siege. And they still keep coming…

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

loseros.5912

No way i don’t believe it. We were that much and we were still outnumbered (i mean only Nuke)

Asterilla

in WvW

Aveneo.2068

No way i don’t believe it. We were that much and we were still outnumbered (i mean only Nuke)

Believe it or not, but I’ve been running with them the entire evening and those were the numbers we were running with. So around 40-50 total at most

EDIT: Just asked on Alliance TS and when you guys hit us, we had around 40-50

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in WvW

loseros.5912

50 yes but not 20-30 plus 10-20 pugs. That leads to a 30-50. More near 50 than 30.

Asterilla

in WvW

Aveneo.2068

50 yes but not 20-30 plus 10-20 pugs. That leads to a 30-50. More near 50 than 30.

At some points we ran with 30, at other times we ran with 50 total.

Don’t worry, we didn’t bring our 300 angry mexicans this time

in WvW

Posted by: Geogaddie.8193

Geogaddie.8193

It be the sailors of the iron sea preparing there vessel for sail.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Daxter.4286

Daxter.4286

The queue’s in Desolation primetime are just horrible. We had our members stuck in queue for 2 hours+ and finally giving up when they couldn’t get in. On the other hand it’s really nice to have so many organized guilds in Deso, on the other hand it’s really pain in the kitten to try get your own group together in same place.

I would answer “@desolation lacks organisation” with “we can’t get our whole guild groups together inside, so we are stuck with 50% of this guild, 20% of that guild and 30% of pugs” running around, so the organisation isn’t the best. This situation is somewhat new to desolation i think, haven’t had these queue’s before last week i think, so it’s somewhere we need to improve ourselves: getting our different groups or part of them to work better together. I already see it improving though.

As for fights themselves, i’m having a lot of fun battling. We were running around EB for past 2 days with our 10-20 guild members and battling BB and kodash main zergs head on Although it ended up us wiping a lot of the times, many times we were able to show floor to you guys.

Thanks Kodash and BB for putting up a fight. You both are very resilient in holding your territories.

Also lol @Golden Horde taking a tower and farming kills whole evening today.

Extraordinary Gentlemen[EXG] – Desolation[EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Hahaha.

U did notice we decided not to build any seige/fix the place up? We were having an evening of trying to find fights which were not dictated by seige. You kinda messed that up putting those ballista’s and arrow carts up.

I would suggest the first group you killed were the randoms not on teamspeak with us.

Great fun fights tonight though so thanks for that.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]

in WvW

loseros.5912

Hahaha.

U did notice we decided not to build any seige/fix the place up? We were having an evening of trying to find fights which were not dictated by seige. You kinda messed that up putting those ballista’s and arrow carts up.

I would suggest the first group you killed were the randoms not on teamspeak with us.

Great fun fights tonight though so thanks for that.

Ye i noticed but i thought it was some kind of oportunity cost of saving/lackng supplys to hold the keep after we were wiped or something similar. Since we didn’t stop putting pressure.

Asterilla