Kaineng / Ferguson / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Score Update anyone? I’m at work and I’m curious at the moment.

I thought [SE] was a DragonBrand guild.
There is no thought actually, killed enough Side Effect to fill a trophy cabinet.
Did you guys transfer or are you multi server?

As for this thread, lol T8. I’d love to see what happens down there.
Might stop in some week.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

There is no thought actually, killed enough Side Effect to fill a trophy cabinet.

Might stop in some week.

Ex- Darkhaven Guild.
But I’m sure I’ve killed enough OS also.
We transferred to Kaineng.

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Rob.7624

Might stop in some week.

Ex- Darkhaven Guild.
But I’m sure I’ve killed enough OS also.
We transferred to Kaineng.

Ah sorry yes, I’m very tired.
Os is literally the only large coordinated WvW presence left in NSP now.
I can’t say we are looking forward to facing DH and DB again considering how tiny we are, but we did get some joy out of keeping pace with 2 big servers. Hopefully DH won’t fall apart before we get back up there.
Good luck to you on your new server.
You might face us someday.
The Northern Os Peaks will be waiting.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Frankly I am disappointed SE transferred to our server at this time. I dont like transfers to winning servers, and that includes the server I’m on.

And make no mistake right now, Kaineng is winning due to our population and coverage advantages. Ferg is fighting well though so props there, and always massive respect to anyone on ET that stuck with that server through the fall and the megazergs you guys had to fight every week on the way down.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Rob.7624

Frankly I am disappointed SE transferred to our server at this time. I dont like transfers to winning servers, and that includes the server I’m on.

And make no mistake right now, Kaineng is winning due to our population and coverage advantages. Ferg is fighting well though so props there, and always massive respect to anyone on ET that stuck with that server through the fall and the megazergs you guys had to fight every week on the way down.

Kaineng is a winning server?
Its winning, out of all the worst WvW servers.
Must be so proud.

What we should do it move the entire JQ and SoS WvW guilds into Ferg and just powerhouse it giving all the other servers a massive troll face as they roll their way to T1.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

To be quite honest, you must have forgotten last week already. SE didn’t move to a “winning” server, dude – we were dead last. We’ve been winning for a grand total of three days. Although I don’t doubt Kaineng’s spirit and ability (look at how many DR folks at least enjoyed the competition and the fights), part of the reason we’re kinda sorta steamrolling right now is because we have a significant numbers advantage at any given time on the WvW maps (Edit – we definitely agree on that point, Delarme).

ET and FC both are very capable, something that most of us noticed during any fight over the weekend where the numbers were similar. Really fun, and to be quite honest, I feel a bit bad for DR right now. Those DR players that enjoy the competition must be bored out of their minds…

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

You have to remember just how Kaineng played in WvW. Kain may not have been able to field masses of players all the time, but they were almost always there; someone was taking camps somewhere, and it was a very rare window when Kaineng was completely inactive. This stands in contrast even to FC, who had obvious “dead times” where you could jump between all the maps and hardly even see a single one (a single camp-party at best). It was often these moments that Kain found itself against the direct focus of DR’s attention, and likewise it was Kain’s constant interjection that often pulled DR out of places like FC’s borderlands. It’s no mistake that FC’s bl fell on Wednesday at times when Kaineng’s presence had dropped, nor is it coincidental how previous weekly incursions into FC were diverted and destroyed when Kain took advantage to either retake EB southeast or FC bl’s southern towers (which is actually the sort of stuff that makes Wv3 awesome). You may not have been the largest zerg in the swarm, but you were always there poking, and it was only for the last two weeks when drama-splosions hit you internally that your overall presence was seriously lacking.

My experience with Kain is that they are tenacious kittens that continually stab you when you start looking north, whereas FC would completely pull out and wait for a more vulnerable moment before striking with gusto.

I’ll end this post saying I liked both Kain and FC as opponents and I feel I learned a lot from them (I completely duplicated some of the siege set-up of FC’s bl keeps, as well as organized a very Kaineng-style supply camp defense based off very troublesome encounters with them). That said, I am completely rooting for ET because FC/Kain will always be red jerks to me. <3

in WvW

Posted by: FreeseMan.3607

FreeseMan.3607

So i went to ET for the week to see how it was and to get vistas. And i come to find out they think im a spy. And were not to nice about it im sorry we got off to the wrong start ET, and i will be transfering back to Kaineng in 5 days good luck out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowkx.2738

Shadowkx.2738

You have to remember just how Kaineng played in WvW. Kain may not have been able to field masses of players all the time, but they were almost always there; someone was taking camps somewhere, and it was a very rare window when Kaineng was completely inactive. This stands in contrast even to FC, who had obvious “dead times” where you could jump between all the maps and hardly even see a single one (a single camp-party at best). It was often these moments that Kain found itself against the direct focus of DR’s attention, and likewise it was Kain’s constant interjection that often pulled DR out of places like FC’s borderlands. It’s no mistake that FC’s bl fell on Wednesday at times when Kaineng’s presence had dropped, nor is it coincidental how previous weekly incursions into FC were diverted and destroyed when Kain took advantage to either retake EB southeast or FC bl’s southern towers (which is actually the sort of stuff that makes Wv3 awesome). You may not have been the largest zerg in the swarm, but you were always there poking, and it was only for the last two weeks when drama-splosions hit you internally that your overall presence was seriously lacking.

My experience with Kain is that they are tenacious kittens that continually stab you when you start looking north, whereas FC would completely pull out and wait for a more vulnerable moment before striking with gusto.

I’ll end this post saying I liked both Kain and FC as opponents and I feel I learned a lot from them (I completely duplicated some of the siege set-up of FC’s bl keeps, as well as organized a very Kaineng-style supply camp defense based off very troublesome encounters with them). That said, I am completely rooting for ET because FC/Kain will always be red jerks to me. <3

It does seem we have a solid numbers advantage this weekend. This has always been our strongest time. It will be interesting to see how the week progresses and see if we are still leading.

I think FC are a very solid group of players. I really hate running across their small groups as i always get blind sided when i think i have a 1v1 going. My experience with FC in their bl was they set their goal as controlling that and they met it. In this match up they are holding their bl and constantly making a good push in EB. We can’t hold EB for more then a tick or two before they really give a solid push back and take towers up to our keep.

Not sure what to think of ET yet. When they are on they push pretty good on EB.

Good luck finding your right tier Devs. I enjoyed fighting you guys. I still recall the days when we were friends by the enemy of my enemy is my friend philosophy. In those days we rarely saw one another due to being locked down by the evil greens. Hey with free transfers in effect still maybe one day we will share the battle field again.

Mesvot – War
Mestov- Thief

in WvW

Posted by: threechords.3796

threechords.3796

Kaineng is a winning server?
Its winning, out of all the worst WvW servers.
Must be so proud.

Kaineng and Fergusons Crossing are not true T8 servers. Expect HoD and Sorrows Furnace to fill those spots soon, and Kaine, Ferg to move up.

Mampie Moll AoD
Devonas Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

Go Kain go! You got a nasty lil gap in points to overcome but keep it up and you’ll be T7 in no time. I just hope the other 2 servers dont get transfers in and slow the progress. You all deserve a move up in tier rankings if for nothing else than dedication to your server. Also hope you dont end up in another 10 week battle with the same servers. Looks like DR will be knocking GoM back down to T7 on reset so you guys move up you may have a server with roughly your numbers so that should be fun.

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

Be careful Kain, if you start winning youll be the next ‘zerg’ server. Funny how the world turns.

Glad to see you back in the fight though. Miss the rivalry against you guys.

Sure, the only difference is (if you read this forum) we are not bragging, giving props that sound more like an insult, or running our mouths. All I have seen is us giving TRUE props to the other servers and clearly stating we know we are obviously out numbering them at times. FERGS AND ET you guys are awesome and are doing great! Came on today and saw ET in the lead! I’m loving the clean fights we have. ET guys I feel like we don’t know any of you! It be nice for you guys to come introduce yourselves on the forums! DR guys don’t you have your own forum to creep up on? Shoo! <3

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

The difference between Kaineng and DR: Kaineng’s “Vocal” population is willing to admit to winning via number superiority. (I say “Vocal” because a minority of DR was also willing to admit it, they were just sadly less vocal.)

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Props to the POMP ele, atleast I think it was POMP. Pop pirates or something like that lol.

Always fun to have a good 1v1, and also thxs to the other Kains for not ruining the fun.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Yep saw you fighting, I think I tombstoned you earlier when you were running interference when we were taking the quaggan.

Saw it was a pitched epic battle, so I did my best to help, by just watching.

You guys battled for like 10 minutes or more…

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

Props to the POMP ele, atleast I think it was POMP. Pop pirates or something like that lol.

Always fun to have a good 1v1, and also thxs to the other Kains for not ruining the fun.

And mad props to you sir! Was a fun fight! Right at the end I thought I had you but I was quite wrong and you made me pay for it. Nicely fought.

Slightly afterward I realized the irony of a tree person fighting with a chainsaw.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: McViolin.8547

McViolin.8547

I swear if our PUG’s didn’t abandon the rear while we were taking Stonemist and left us to get flanked, ET would have had Stonemist. I was livid at some of the kittenation of our PUG’s after they get wiped.

in WvW

Posted by: ZombiiDuud.1428

ZombiiDuud.1428

Here’s the score when I got off, don’t mind the current tally, we are fairly dead right now, though I think SoS is going to be doing their rounds this morning.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

Our SoS 10 man night capping crew won the game!

http://i.imgur.com/qWHVe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qeEKV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tufWB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EeKRy.jpg

PvDoor is hard.

For fergy ~
Little point booster for Ferguson before I leave(not permanently, for those who have asked I’ve told the reason why in game). I will be around, but not nearly as often. Will be back to nerd mode on Jan. 17th! Good luck! =D

Attachments:

[One]

(edited by Chris.4527)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

We’ll miss you chris
hopefully you’re helpful coleaders will help lead us to victory still

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

About 8 hours ago there was a call to arms saying SM was under attack in which ET had a vast array of siege very strategically placed along the south and west walls.

Not only that, Fergs had trebs attacking from Durios on the eastern side and the outer wall was wide open. There was holes on both east and west sides in SM for I don’t know how long.

I’m not sure on actual time, but it felt like 3 hours of straight of fighing to keep SM and retain outside towers/camps from capture while nursing SM back from the brink of death.

Well Played.

Best fight in GW2 in my short experience by far. Anymore persistence from ET or Fergs on either side and SM would have been under new management.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

I’m not sure on actual time, but it felt like 3 hours of straight of fighing to keep SM and retain outside towers/camps from capture while nursing SM back from the brink of death.

Wish I had been there, sounds like a great time. This is exactly why I guarantee that the vast majority of DR misses FC and Kaineng, and wishes that ET was up in T7 with ’em.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Viada.7501

Viada.7501

good luck ET, GOM is back to being zerg-fest’d again so keep us in your thoughts
because yeah, all those numbers you saw on our side last week are…gone. again.

Sorry to hear man! That must be very annoying, inconsistent WvW numbers.

Viada – Guild Leader
[TAC] Tactical Terror
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Viada.7501

About 8 hours ago there was a call to arms saying SM was under attack in which ET had a vast array of siege very strategically placed along the south and west walls.

Not only that, Fergs had trebs attacking from Durios on the eastern side and the outer wall was wide open. There was holes on both east and west sides in SM for I don’t know how long.

Well Played.

Best fight in GW2 in my short experience by far. Anymore persistence from ET or Fergs on either side and SM would have been under new management.

Had a blast last night! I was trebbing SM from Klovin Tower! Hilarious since you guys could not reach the trebs, but hit the wall behind me. As Mclovin said, we would have had SM if ppl didn’t go to sleep.

Viada – Guild Leader
[TAC] Tactical Terror
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

i…..I cannot believe i missed the SM assault due to sleep….

I was awake 1/2 the night having trouble sleeping, shoulda just logged into Gw2 instead >.<
damn, always missing the good things when im sleeping

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Viada.7501

So i went to ET for the week to see how it was and to get vistas. And i come to find out they think im a spy. And were not to nice about it im sorry we got off to the wrong start ET, and i will be transfering back to Kaineng in 5 days good luck out there.

I apologize on behalf of ET server FreeseMan. You are welcomed to ET, you are a great addition to our server. Darxio is here on ET and we are all having a blast! EVERYONE is welcomed here, we have a great community! Just that it is odd when a commander transfers from a server we facing all of a sudden, hope you understand. Don’t let the few ppl that are saying things discourage you. You will command respect if you stay longer…and you will make a difference as I told you when I first met you in WvW. In reality who needs to spy on ET right? LOL

Again my apologies. bows

Viada – Guild Leader
[TAC] Tactical Terror
Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Didn’t know Darxio left for ET. Still, if that makes him happy, then it was the right choice.

I am glad to see more ET members posting here, it is great to get to know you better. After all, WvW is so much funner when you know the people on the other side and you can all get along while having a friendly match.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Technically I dunno if Darx actually left for ET, him and several members of BBT were scouting it as a potential new home as far as I knew.

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Better atmosphere right now in the game, what a relief tbh. Had a lot of fun last night at SM for sure. Caused some minor mischief in FCBL before heading over there to help defend, thor hammering people in the face with a giant candy cane and smiting with my princess wand. I felt like the Xmas Queen of Pain and Sparkles.

[SE] seem like a good bunch, funny in mapchat and very helpful overall. Excuse us if we’re catty since we kind of expect you to ditch us at the drop of a bad week, as many larger guilds have. But hey, maybe you’ll stick around. If you’re a guild on a different tier looking for a transfer and eyeing T8, please consider FC or ET and not bandwagoning K since we got a transfer in (seems to be the pattern anyway). We like even fights down here and right now we’re a little skewed for numbers.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

I was expecting Ferguson’s would compete Kain for 1st place this week seems like Kain is doing great. Gj guys, hope to see you in upper tiers, from what we saw in T7 you guys should not be in T8.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Coming to ET in 9 hours. Get ready for me >.>

in WvW

Posted by: Ralloff.7359

Ralloff.7359

Had a good laugh when an ET invader tried to break up a duel between an Envy mesmer and myself. We turned, downed him, double stomped him and went back to our business.

Probably would’ve lost against the mesmer, but a Guardian showed up and I ended up fighting him. We both gave up after a good 7-10 minutes due to a mutual lack of burst. Well fought though.

/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised/Surprised
Leader of the 3 man Pop Up Pirates(POMF)
Pretty OK Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Pyrothesues.6375

Pyrothesues.6375

The group that was in KBL around 9-9:40 tonight, great job everyone, we did well.
Looking forward to working with you again soon.

Leader of The Elite Shadow
Proud Commander of Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Kubb.9764

Kubb.9764

[off topic]

Hello! Here’s a video about me and how I play my ranger. A couple of ET opponents as well as two Kain’s (yes there are low levels in this video).

Great fun whoever’s in this video.

Enjoy!

Kubbel
Ferguson Crossing
One vs Ten No Problem [NP]
Asura Ranger

Asura

(edited by Kubb.9764)

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

[off topic]

Hello! Here’s a video about me and how I play my ranger. A couple of ET opponents as well as two Kain’s (yes there are low levels in this video).

Great fun whoever’s in this video.

Enjoy!

Kubbel
Ferguson Crossing
One vs Ten No Problem [NP]
Asura Ranger

amusing choice for a song lol. Is it Busta Rhymes. Also i like how no one healed the downed person not even the guards who usualy res downed ppl lmfao.

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Darxio ? He is a great player who knows his stuff . Happy for ET he join us. I ran with him for 2 nights on my asura p/p /SB thief.
Darxio, stay as long as you want! What the heck, stay In ET forever . I will always be gald to run with you in WvWvW .
Oh midevel, you are a great commander, keep it up. I rally to your call anytime buddy.
Von! Start playing earlier! It’s always almost time for me to log out when you log in. We need a bossy Von in WvWvW !! Lol

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

:( No one ever remembers the Golden Kitty of DOOM. I totally got the gold Lionguard Shield just to be memorable too. :p

in WvW

Posted by: Psychophant.5682

Psychophant.5682

It would be really ironic if the most insufferable proponent of “Kaineng Pride” transferred servers.

Honestly, I hold by what Chaster said some time ago; I’m styling on Kaineng. I really don’t care about the circumstances; be they good, bad, or irritating.

I feel that at this point, it is people with a similar mindset that populate ET, and I have the greatest respect for them.

Really, my only regret concerning my server is that I don’t think Dred has ever responded to one of my posts on the forum. I feel marginalized. Dred, up until recently I had to deal with some QQ concerning you. I’ve always found you terribly charismatic and exploitative. And so, I invoke the following inquisition; do you feel that the new dolyak design should be permanent? I know I do.

On, and I was going to complain that half of the posts in this thread are from DRs. I’ve since been informed they are dealing with the reverse (I wouldn’t know first-hand. I haven’t visited the thead – it doesn’t concern Kaineng). So, im going to leave that squabble to others.

Archon Moros
Lvl. 80 Abrasive
GM of [KAIN]

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

Sorry ET…Had trebbed the wall on Cragtop and knocked it down just for PoI and a gift for you. XD Sadly the Kain Zerg was apparently following after me and got in before you could claim it and slam the wall shut. But look on the bright side: You claimed it twice in 10 minutes!

Edit: Also, myself and Fenris got to have a Dance party with a couple of you guys while in Toy Soldier Transformed state! But not till after killing an annoying Ele shooting me in the face with fire. :p Fire blasting people in the face is rude!

(edited by StormWolf.7645)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

I hate that STAR thief who kept killing my dolys! Also I hate stealth when I lag that just sucks.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

You see, the problem with Kaineng vs DR was that was that both of us really have what it takes to win from low tier, but it was fate that played the jokes on us to fight each other at tier 8

That is also why I just decided to go hibernate, and also doing karma train only.

People are leaving because we weren’t winning and has been stuck in Tier 8 all the time. As an underdog server, people just wanted to go after the bandwagon and decided to go to top tier sever like JQ, DB, etc.

I’ve also talked to most of my veteran players that left Kaineng. Their answer is simple.

1. There’s not enough players to do dungeons
2. We are not winning in WvW.

Simple.

And people have been asking me what sets me off in WvW lately? The reason is simple, I don’t fight in losing war. If I do want to fight, I fight to win. During the match with DR, I foreseen the problem that Kaineng have, lack in EU timezone. That alone really will set us back alot of points. If you guys were to dig up my previous post, you’d find about my rock-paper-scissor theory. So the only time when you guys see SoS in the battle field, was during server reset, and all the way until DR catches over the score. That’s the mark telling me that there’s no chance of recovery. Then we go back to do our own scheduled guild events, etc.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

I hate that STAR thief who kept killing my dolys! Also I hate stealth when I lag that just sucks.

Hehe, soon you shall all know me. I thought the supply camp was fun. Almost had the two rangers til a 3rd came in. Well played guys. Had that camp solo longer than i thought i would.

in WvW

Dhampyr.2104

And people have been asking me what sets me off in WvW lately? The reason is simple, I don’t fight in losing war. If I do want to fight, I fight to win. During the match with DR, I foreseen the problem that Kaineng have, lack in EU timezone. That alone really will set us back alot of points. If you guys were to dig up my previous post, you’d find about my rock-paper-scissor theory. So the only time when you guys see SoS in the battle field, was during server reset, and all the way until DR catches over the score. That’s the mark telling me that there’s no chance of recovery. Then we go back to do our own scheduled guild events, etc.

This is a disappointing statement, and I can see the point that people make about SoS. You guys are great and all, but if you’re just going to evaporate again at the first sign of resistance from anywhere, well, that’s just a crappy attitude and we don’t really need fair weather players. Kaineng is better than that. The reason why the DR thread is full of props for FC and Kaineng is because, even when we were outmanned, outgunned, and had no chance of winning, we were still out there taking stuff from them and basically making their life difficult, Che Guevara-style. Well, “we” weren’t – SoS wasn’t a part of that.

This isn’t meant to be an SoS-bashing thread – from playing with you guys the past week, you do well and I’m glad you’re here. However, statements like these make it sound like you guys are going to melt away again as soon as the going gets difficult – and believe me, the going will get difficult if/when Kaineng starts moving tiers. Kinda sad really if that’s the case.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in WvW

Posted by: lcc.9374

lcc.9374

Sigh….well at least we still have quite a bit of people who is willing to fight when times are tough

What i have learnt by now is that most of our Kaineng large guilds are not to be relied on. Just have seen it happen too much.

Kwbh = transfer to dev
Ispy/Warr = dump us using dispute with Kain as excuse
Larp/Noqq = idk…….we want to fight other people
SoS = well there still here…….but i guess there not the type to fight when the going is rough

Not to mention that Kain/Ispy/Warr etc never even fielded huge numbers in the first place

Stand strong Kaineng randoms, puggers, casuals, id say we are the backbone of our force

We have got some mighty numbers this week………i guess DR leaving has made everyone come out again

It has been so long in tier 8 and id say these months of Devona, Kaineng, Ferg battles has made all 3 of us stronger. Now with Devona gone and proving what us in old tier 8 are capable of in tier 7, i wont be surprised that Kain and Ferg move up eventually too.

I shall take pride in being a part of tier 8 history, we’d have some stories to tell the next generation about.

Well props to everyone this week for fighting good fights. Fergs are still dangerous as ever. And itll be nice if you guys can keep up the competition since youll want your ratings anyway.

ET also has some pretty strong players here and there. Dont see you guys around too much though.

GL to all. Months have i fought in Kaineng trying to improve and also for the fun of killing.

I still remember when i was lvl 30 and entered WvW for the first time. Our first win ever against Ferg no less due to SoS nightcap lol. Having nearly lvled 30-80 through WvW alone lol. And all our drama with the Devonas and those grueling weeks we endured under their superior zerg……….

Proud to fight in Kain and be a part of tier 8 history. And now as Kaineng comes closer to our second win EVAR and its looking like we are now not one of the suckiest server
in NA and is now looking to move up a tier or too. I shall wipe an emotional tear from my eye and know that these months of fighting have not been meaningless.

GG

in WvW

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

So basically what you’re saying is that if you cannot ride other people’s coattails to victory you would rather not play at all.

Such a great recipe for success. No wonder Kaineng always did so well.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

This is a disappointing statement, and I can see the point that people make about SoS. You guys are great and all, but if you’re just going to evaporate again at the first sign of resistance from anywhere, well, that’s just a crappy attitude and we don’t really need fair weather players. Kaineng is better than that. The reason why the DR thread is full of props for FC and Kaineng is because, even when we were outmanned, outgunned, and had no chance of winning, we were still out there taking stuff from them and basically making their life difficult, Che Guevara-style. Well, “we” weren’t – SoS wasn’t a part of that.

You have that exactly right. The point of WvW is not to have guaranteed superiority … it’s to have a platform for butting heads as teams and as individuals. There are lots of ways that fewer numbers can wreak havoc on points, but giving up isn’t one of them. Thankfully Kaineng didn’t have too many players like Chaster when we were still in Tier 8, and from the looks of things we’ll be seeing worthy Kaineng opponents like you here in Tier 7 before too long.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

…I’m wondering if some people didn’t read the same thing I did when Chaster posted? So here’s the deal:

The way I read it said to me “If I see no chance of actual victory, I see no point in letting my people get demoralized by fighting a lost battle.” Because of this view, SOS was able to continue fighting long into the pointless no-win fight against DR and helped out so many of us when they were around. They simply were not trying to win, they were just having fun.

Anyone who wants to can say all the crap about SOS they want to, I remember when I had no more than 5 players in KBL at 4-8 AM CST and if I asked Chaster for some help because our defenses were being overrun he would come in with 20-30 people and CRUSH all opposition. Where were all the other small Guilds that seem to be popping up all over the place now? DR leaves and we get zergs of soo many people…and most of those are NOT transfers. If those people had been out fighting from the start, DR likely would not have beaten us.

So don’t blame Chaster for not wanting to waste his time trying to accomplish things that he knows are beyond our reach, instead blame the people who are REALLY fairweather players showing up to bash on ET in Map-chat because they’re losing against Zergs that outnumber their total WvW population in 1 map. You aren’t awesome for beating ET, if you stayed and fought DR tooth and nail when you knew you couldn’t win you ARE awesome.

Edit: I bring up this last part because I know of at least 1 person who transferred out because they didn’t like reading Map-Chat and seeing a Zerg bashing ET. It’s not cool guys, and it doesn’t make you cool. ET and FC both are doing incredibly well for the numbers they’re fielding. You wanna talk about how much people suck, look around and talk about the people who will only come out when they outnumber the enemy 10 to 1.

(edited by StormWolf.7645)

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Sigh….well at least we still have quite a bit of people who is willing to fight when times are tough

What i have learnt by now is that most of our Kaineng large guilds are not to be relied on. Just have seen it happen too much.

Kwbh = transfer to dev
Ispy/Warr = dump us using dispute with Kain as excuse
Larp/Noqq = idk…….we want to fight other people
SoS = well there still here…….but i guess there not the type to fight when the going is rough

Not to mention that Kain/Ispy/Warr etc never even fielded huge numbers in the first place

Stand strong Kaineng randoms, puggers, casuals, id say we are the backbone of our force

We have got some mighty numbers this week………i guess DR leaving has made everyone come out again

I have lurked here cause i spent 2 month on Kaineng and stll very much miss it.

But I gatta say, you do not have the full picture here.

War/iSPY didnt feild huge numbers? we fielded around 30 per niight combined. and wokred with NoQQ/LARP most of the time as they ran thier own 15ish. 45ish WvW players coordinated in Kaineng is not large numbers?

We were hre for 2 months… daily recruiting, trying to get the PVE crowd out, daily leading either with or without commander tags up. Pulling long shifts in wvw into the wee hours. Some of our leaders got drained. We fought DR’s huge numbrs for 2 straight months worth of losing matches against being outnumbered.

We set forth forum threads to try and bring more guilds to kaineng, no guilds xfered to kaineng and stayed after War/iSPY came. during those 2 months DR got guild after guild after guild. even a few left Kaineng for DR (kwbh, apex to name a few).

We did not have the time or energy to run a big server wide alliance…. but we most definetely made it a point to respond to request by other guilds in wvw when they needed our help and offer to pitch in to thier efforts as well. I didnt have the time to be the one to organize Kaineng’s wvw, nor did any of my other officers nor those of iSPY. We have lives. No one else stepped up while we here to bring all the guilds together,…. that blame needs to be shared.

abandoned Kaineng? We did not abandon Kaineng. We put everything we could into Kaineng.

Where were all these numbers when we were on Kaineng? I am thinking you may see more numbers compared to Fergs/ET but its probably not much more than kaineng had when facing DR…. and when comparing to DR the number kaineng has now is still small by comparison.

We left Kaineng yes partly due to KAIN/KR blatantly announcing they are boycotting wvw after being “burned out” pulling crazy shifts in wvw for one week. We had the same feeling from a few of our leaders putting crazy hours for weeks… we never boycotted.

I cant count how many times we were left hanging by other wvw guilds on Kaineng leaving us in the middle of a fight, or a defence, just out of spite. Due to nothing more then e-jealousy. We held no ill-will towards anyone on Kaineng and wante nothing than to work with others. LaZY trying to bully other guilds into bossing them around left a bad taste in peoples mouths. We did the opposite… we just wanted to help, and not to boss others around (or be bossed around either)… but work cooperatively. Being left hi and dry by other wvw guilds in the middle of fights was starting to grind our gears.

I love Chaster…. one of the most helpful guys ever. But completely unreliable, even by his own admission, when it comes to WvW. Can you hold it against him? nope. They are a PVE guild and thus no excuses are needed.

We had SoS boycotting WvW, KAIN/Kr boycotting WvW and to boot throwing barbs at us as thier reason along with being “burned out”. LARP had already xfered by this time to Fergs as well.

We did not abandon Kaineng. We put as much effort into Kaineng as we could. I miss Kaineng and the small community we had here. I really do.

With so many of the “main” guilds on Kaineng throwing in the towel…. were we to take on 2 servers with just our 2 guilds and the randoms/pugs and the smaller guilds ? No we didnt look forward to that.

Was it our responsbility to be the ones to organize? No it wasnt and we dont have that time to dedicate, maybe in the future but not right now.

We did what was best for us and our guildmates. I wasnt going to sacrifice losing half the guild to demoralization for the sake of fighting a lost cause to the last man.

War/iSPY went to dragonbrand…. not to bandwagon. seriously? we orignally came from Dragonbrand…. jst made sense to go back to a fully upgraded guild rather than to start off new somwhere else.

I wish Kaineng all the luck possible. You are doing good due to larger numbers. Unlike DR you dont keep up a facade about your numbers advantage but instead fully acknowledge it with grace and style. Hats off to you guys.

On topic: What’s the current score?

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

… Where were all the other small Guilds that seem to be popping up all over the place now? DR leaves and we get zergs of soo many people…and most of those are NOT transfers. If those people had been out fighting from the start, DR likely would not have beaten us.

So don’t blame Chaster for not wanting to waste his time trying to accomplish things that he knows are beyond our reach, instead blame the people who are REALLY fairweather players showing up to bash on ET in Map-chat because they’re losing against Zergs that outnumber their total WvW population in 1 map. You aren’t awesome for beating ET, if you stayed and fought DR tooth and nail when you knew you couldn’t win you ARE awesome.

Quoted for emphasis.

Would have really been nice to have them a few weeks ago when we were so very close to beating DR and pulling off a win for the second time. A hard fought win it would have been. Not the cakewalk im reading about right now.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

2 things, first off:

On topic: What’s the current score?

Kaineng 225k
Ferguson’s 115k
Eredon’s 74k

Secondly, just wanted to say that whatever issues you had with Kain/KR, I myself had no issues with WAR/iSpy. :p I had taken a break from WvW that week because I personally had put in -RIDICULOUS- hours that week trying to keep things, mostly because I didn’t work. I remember having been on and in WvW from like 6 PM until 8 AM each day. XD At the end of that week I looked back and said “Nuh uh…NEVER again.” I just could never leave cause I always felt like if I left we’d lose everything because only 3-4 other people would be on.(And usually half of those 3-4 were one of you guys.)