Magoonba/Fort JANTHIR/Dragonbrand 25/01/2013

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

DB isn’t here atm please leave a message at the tone.

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

As a note: Glamour Mesmer is ONE of the best…but there’s at least one other Build I know of that is awesome in a Zerg. No…not sharing though, figure it out your bloody selves. :P

in WvW

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

It was my favorite thing to just run through the keep and throw down a pair of trebs for some random pugs to build up.

Worked 40% of the time. Every time.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in WvW

Posted by: Seregdae.9085

Seregdae.9085

Ninja thread locks?

Seregdae – 80 Guardian – Kilrauth – 80 Thief
Hello Kitty Hit Squad[HKHS] Guild Leader – Maguuma
http://www.twitch.tv/griefkilla

in WvW

Posted by: Beyondthelol.9504

Beyondthelol.9504

Does Mag roam with anything other than FOTM D/D eles?

Thieves and D/D eles are much better at escaping from zergs than other classes, so of course there will be more of them roaming.

Lol coming from a War player, the guild who fields d/d eles almost exclusively

Aramir Hellforge
Terror [TG]
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Thieves and D/D eles are much better at escaping from zergs than other classes, so of course there will be more of them roaming.

I roam with my Longbow Greatsword Ranger if that makes things better.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Seregdae.9085

Seregdae.9085

Zerg zerg zerg…how you bore me.

Seregdae – 80 Guardian – Kilrauth – 80 Thief
Hello Kitty Hit Squad[HKHS] Guild Leader – Maguuma
http://www.twitch.tv/griefkilla

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

It’s pretty easy to counter, but we’ll stay on the gravy train until other people figure out how.

[WäR]

in WvW

Posted by: nalenb.1425

nalenb.1425

Tried to have fun with these guys tonight when they invaded our Bay keep. They didn’t want to play. Anyone know this guild?

Attachments:

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Tried to have fun with these guys tonight when they invaded our Bay keep. They didn’t want to play. Anyone know this guild?

Look at the post above yours. They’re a good guild on Maguuma. If you want to play, they’re receptive to setting up fights sometimes.

in WvW

nalenb.1425

Look at the post above yours. They’re a good guild on Maguuma. If you want to play, they’re receptive to setting up fights sometimes.

Yeah, I’m just not very good fighting on the rocks, I’d rather fight in the open field where I have space to move.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

You guys wear matching gear? That’s…special

Not sure what he wears, i never pay any attention, i’m wearing mhenlo gear. Also tolbhrin’s a male character.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Yeah, I’m just not very good fighting on the rocks, I’d rather fight in the open field where I have space to move.

Can’t ride the lightning out of battle enough on the rocks, right, D/D ele? :P

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

Turtle turtle turtle… how maguma bores me. You guys wanna call anything that beats you or is above 5 players a zerg. Just go spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: TheFinal.9847

TheFinal.9847

I saw this guild today. http://komica42.dreamhosters.com/99/src/1359516213750.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Turtle turtle turtle… how maguma bores me. You guys wanna call anything that beats you a zerg. Just go spvp.

Maguuma has spent it’s entire WvW lifetime losing. We like losing and we know how to defend. If you can’t crack the egg that is Maguuma, maybe you should hit DBs borderlands.

(edited by Rhyis.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Turtle turtle turtle… how maguma bores me. You guys wanna call anything that beats you a zerg. Just go spvp.

Maguuma has spent it’s entire WvW lifetime losing. We like losing.

Speak for yourself.

I don’t care if Mag loses. But I don’t particularly enjoy it either. I think a lot more of us Maggies enjoy match ups like the ones we have right now than the Maggies who want to somehow go back to T4 (which would be super boring these days).

[SU]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I don’t like the current match because it highlights the flaws of WvW map design and mechanics.

in WvW

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

Maguuma has spent it’s entire WvW lifetime losing. We like losing and we know how to defend. If you can’t crack the egg that is Maguuma, maybe you should hit DBs borderlands.

seeing as we’ve taken hills and bay from you in the span of an hour or so, cracking the egg that is maguuma isn’t that tough.

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

If this is who I think it is, then tonight was a night to remember, as the day we almost caught him. But alas, his stalwart defense of Garrison while the rest of the map was flipped was unrivaled.

We could learn much from this man.

Attachments:

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

I don’t really want to go back to T4, last time Maguuma was there it went kind of like this:

Maguuma waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were zergs in the keep. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Maguuma was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on Tier 4 daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY ZERGS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were zergs.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the zerg!”
So John gotted his dagger/dagger ele and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the zergs
“I will shoot at him” said the omega golem and he fired the rocket missiles. John churning earthed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the server lagged and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the zergs” he shouted
The radio said “No, Maguuma. You are the zerglings”
And then Maguuma was queued in every borderlands against two empty servers.

[WäR]

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Space Marines don’t fight Zerg.. Terran Marines do. Them, and eventually the UED marines I’d imagine.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I don’t really want to go back to T4, last time Maguuma was there it went kind of like this:

Maguuma waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were zergs in the keep. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Joson were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Maguuma was a space marine for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the spaceships and he said to dad “I want to be on Tier 4 daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY ZERGS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the space station base of the UAC he knew there were zergs.
“This is Joson” the radio crackered. “You must fight the zerg!”
So John gotted his dagger/dagger ele and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the zergs
“I will shoot at him” said the omega golem and he fired the rocket missiles. John churning earthed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the server lagged and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the zergs” he shouted
The radio said “No, Maguuma. You are the zerglings”
And then Maguuma was queued in every borderlands against two empty servers.

I was going to read your post, but then I realized I as not on TC and I didn’t have to.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

nalenb.1425

Can’t ride the lightning out of battle enough on the rocks, right, D/D ele? :P

Right off the cliff every time. This time they killed me as a was taking screenshots and the fake rocks they were hiding in kept messing up my view.

~ Abbish – Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Pichichi.1975

Pichichi.1975

Turtle turtle turtle… how maguma bores me. You guys wanna call anything that beats you or is above 5 players a zerg. Just go spvp.

Where there are 5 players, there’s really 15 as I have come to learn in this matchup :o what’s interesting is getting spawn camped by FA in DB BL… :o i went there to try to escape the FA zerg but they found me!! Thanks for the badges though

Tukuku – Mesmer / Mimiyukii -Thief / Sailor Mimi – Necromancer
[DERP] [iRez]

in WvW

Posted by: Stoneslammer.3650

Stoneslammer.3650

Heya just wanted to congratulate the FA player who attacked me on the SW camp on Maguuma BL map. WoW such awesomeness to attack a ranger while he is fighting the NPC’s solo and when I am not the easy kill he/she expected runs over to the invulnerable spot to wait for 3 or 4 friends to come help kill a single ranger. The leets skillz on these guys was just awesome sauce. (I expect to be attacked in this situation, just not the way this was done)

I only been playing like 2 months but what in the hell is that spot all about? If you drop down and engage an enemy there should be no invulnerable spot in that camp or any other camp. I have used the the example before but will again IMO players that do this would also cheat in a chess game when the opponent looks the other way. I dont even use that invuln spot if a zerg comes into camp while im there nevermind run there when im about to lose a 1v1.

Anyway I am sure most of FA are above this like most servers but it just sucks when you really have to work at beating other classes to have victory taken away in the last seconds of a fight because of a 5×5 yard square of invulnerability. Not to mention it has been one of the few times I have seen a FA player without 10 or more others in close proximity.

Maybe I am wrong but i just find this kind of play very cheap and cheezy. Otherwise it has been a real great week as far as I am concerned.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

If you look at the last 10 matches (not including this one):

Maguuma won 4 of its matches and only came last in 2.

Fort Aspenwood only won 1 match and was last in 5.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Pinko.2076

If you look at the last 10 matches (not including this one):

Maguuma won 4 of its matches and only came last in 2.

Fort Aspenwood only won 1 match and was last in 5.

Is it really winning when we spent 3 of those first places sitting around for 18 hours of the day with nothing to do?

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

The problem with predicting how next week is going to be is that both us (Dragonbrand) and Kaineng were reaching +695 during Asian primetime. So it’s hard to tell which one actually has the stronger Asians (I think we all expect it’s Kaineng, though I’d be really happy to be proven wrong).

While our NA primetime is stronger now than it’s been since early September, it is still not a time of day that DB tends to dominate.

I think Mags will be able to make a much stronger showing next week, and scores will be even tighter. Right now we seem to be able to manage DB most of the day, but we get railed during Asian primetime. We could survive that, though, by regaining during Europe and holding during NA. I think we have a relatively strong even coverage. The problem with this match up is that we also aren’t able to dominate FAs NA enough to make up the point differential. I don’t think Kain has both DB and FAs strong times, so I would expect to see DB and Kain struggle with each other during Kain prime time (but basically wipe Mags out), but then Mags will come back during Europe prime time and be able to hold out long enough to even out or even take over.

In either event, I expect to see constant score updates, since I’ll be out of town travelling, and probably won’t be able to log. :-(

This is 100% correct. Maguma has a very strong early morning crew. which comes on right after the asians go to bed. the real test for next week is who actually has the stronger NA coverage between the 3 of us.

Who every can fill FA’s coverage the best should come out on top. with kaineng and DB fighting during the late night shift maguma should have a big advantage.

If DB and Kain go after each other, you are probably right that Mag will have a nice advantage with regards to going against Kaineng. We have a fairly weak NA presence and are pretty disorganized during NA prime time. Right now we have a TON of upleveled chars playing or trying to learn WvW. I’ve also noticed some of the newer people joining WvW fleeing as soon as they see a zerg, regardless of how small totally run away – which is so unrepresentative of Kaineng.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Heya just wanted to congratulate the FA player who attacked me on the SW camp on Maguuma BL map. WoW such awesomeness to attack a ranger while he is fighting the NPC’s solo and when I am not the easy kill he/she expected runs over to the invulnerable spot to wait for 3 or 4 friends to come help kill a single ranger. The leets skillz on these guys was just awesome sauce. (I expect to be attacked in this situation, just not the way this was done)

I only been playing like 2 months but what in the hell is that spot all about? If you drop down and engage an enemy there should be no invulnerable spot in that camp or any other camp. I have used the the example before but will again IMO players that do this would also cheat in a chess game when the opponent looks the other way. I dont even use that invuln spot if a zerg comes into camp while im there nevermind run there when im about to lose a 1v1.

Anyway I am sure most of FA are above this like most servers but it just sucks when you really have to work at beating other classes to have victory taken away in the last seconds of a fight because of a 5×5 yard square of invulnerability. Not to mention it has been one of the few times I have seen a FA player without 10 or more others in close proximity.

Maybe I am wrong but i just find this kind of play very cheap and cheezy. Otherwise it has been a real great week as far as I am concerned.

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe Wub Wub is fun

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Ty for the laugh in EB, FA, this was amazing and hilarious^ ^~

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

As a note: Glamour Mesmer is ONE of the best…but there’s at least one other Build I know of that is awesome in a Zerg. No…not sharing though, figure it out your bloody selves. :P

this one ? http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/mesmer#1.0.2.3-2.3.4.6.2-20.0.0.20.30-10.3.10.2.9.1.4

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

(edited by azizul.8469)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Ty for the laugh in EB, FA, this was amazing and hilarious^ ^~

That was a great race!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

3 hours of Maguuma Bay Defense, followed by 3 hours of Maguuma BL conquering.

I know the latter three hours was because you guys lost numbers on us, so I’m not bragging.

Here to say, that was an epic 6 hours of WvW. Well played Maguuma.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

seeing as we’ve taken hills and bay from you in the span of an hour or so, cracking the egg that is maguuma isn’t that tough.

I get the impression you’re just trolling, but it took about 10-12 hours for FA to just take west keep from Maguuma the night before. And it flipped at about 5AM est, when Maguuma’s coverage is the weakest. I counted no less than 4 commanders on FA’s end to rally the pubbies where they needed to be, while we had zero and still wiped double our numbers in the lord room 4 or 5 times. A lot of us were so bored of that treb game today that we went and took your east keep before you even had a chance to scout it out (1700/1700 supply).

WVW is a numbers/coverage game, and Maguuma does not belong in this tier for that reason. Most of us don’t want to be in this tier, but our last few matchups were blowouts against servers that were in freefall or simply stopped trying (with the exception of Yak’s Bend, who always put up a fight, but couldn’t stop our mindless zergs autoattacking down gates whenever they’d take a tower). Now that we’re up against opposition, our fairweathers are gone. The reset announcement hasn’t helped much either since we’re locked into our next matchup.

Plus, you guys have Thoblrin, which is basically like cheating in this game. He read Son of Tezoo’s War Art and studied medieval history to gain the upper-hand in wvw. The guy is ex-military, if you haven’t heard.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

I think Mags is very closely matched in population to Dragonbrand and belongs in tier 3. Its more like Fort Aspenwood belongs in tier 2.

Yesterday we went offensive on DB BL and we were hopelessly outnumbered by FA. The idea was to treb down inner at West Keep, let FA take it, do the hard work of the Lord Room fight, clear all the siege, reset all the upgrades. Since we had 5 trebs aimed at it and it was on the opposite side of the map from their spawn it suited us fine. Or DB and FA could commit themselves to a permanent West Keep defense which honestly works just as much in our favour.

DB put up a stupid good fight though and it turned into a Benny Hill style chase around the Lord Room where we wipe FA, DB waypoints in and wipes us. FA comes back and wipes DB. ad infinitum.

But after 2 hours of pressing 2 on a trebuchet, we have old familiar: someone jumps borderland channels and says FA has a 40 man in Mag BL. I mean, we had to leave DB BL. Thats just the way it is.

But I would have liked to continue that comical circle of death in DB’s West Keep. It was pretty fun.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

I am glad Mag defenders had a good laugh at the spawn camp race. I have been running spawn camp races every night after we flip the keeps. I mean no disrespect to you guys at all so don’t take it personally. We were just trying to have alittle fun. I personally can’t believe how hard Mag fights. Got all the respect in the world for you guys.

again Im happy you enjoyed the RET spawn race. BLED dry won 1g for the race.

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in WvW

Waking.6052

Plus, you guys have Thoblrin, which is basically like cheating in this game. He read Son of Tezoo’s War Art and studied medieval history to gain the upper-hand in wvw. The guy is ex-military, if you haven’t heard.

Hey, Tolhbrin is ex military, and he taught Maguuma how to WvW. He was your commander and he trained you all.

So on and so forth, and again, then some more, and lastly one more time.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

I have video to follow

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

I get the impression you’re just trolling, but it took about 10-12 hours for FA to just take west keep from Maguuma the night before. And it flipped at about 5AM est, when Maguuma’s coverage is the weakest. I counted no less than 4 commanders on FA’s end to rally the pubbies where they needed to be, while we had zero and still wiped double our numbers in the lord room 4 or 5 times. A lot of us were so bored of that treb game today that we went and took your east keep before you even had a chance to scout it out (1700/1700 supply).

WVW is a numbers/coverage game, and Maguuma does not belong in this tier for that reason. Most of us don’t want to be in this tier, but our last few matchups were blowouts against servers that were in freefall or simply stopped trying (with the exception of Yak’s Bend, who always put up a fight, but couldn’t stop our mindless zergs autoattacking down gates whenever they’d take a tower). Now that we’re up against opposition, our fairweathers are gone. The reset announcement hasn’t helped much either since we’re locked into our next matchup.

While I can sure tell most of yas dont wanna be in this tier by the last couple of hours. We Had one guy in EB telling anyone that tried to rally our players to get the hell away from spawn and try defending our towers to “move to another server”. So while a bunch of our players sat at spawn and got farmed myself and 3 other players tried to save Jerris while we lost every single tower one by one. We may have been somewhat out numbered but what was sent to take our towers we could have defended no prob.

I see very few of the players that are usually on at this time and we have lost most if not all of our map by now. I am very saddened to see what has been going on out there tonight. I will have to do some thinking but I might decide that Mags is no longer for me. If you all really want to chase players away including non bandwagoners a few more of tonights display should do it.

Sorta feel stupid for bragging up this server at the moment to be quite honest. Sorry to those who were on our BL and actually were trying to defend. To those who purposely gave away EB. Hope your really proud to throw a match.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Pinko.2076

Not going to lie, a lot of people said kitten it when the 6 hour west keep siege scenario began at like 10pm and went to do more enjoyable things.

We know how to hold you forever (if DB doesn’t go knocking on east with golems) but we’ll never ask our ele’s to do a rotation for 6 hours, and no one wants to protect supply routes and run it manually for 6 hours.

This is one of the reasons players aren’t enjoying this tier, because as you move up, only the tedium increases. The fights get worse, the strategy becomes more dull, and the opponents get less interesting.

If FA’s players on mag BL really enjoy sitting on a safe spot treb for 6 hours in a clustered group of 40-50, then good on you. Good luck in t2 where you can do more tedious things.

in WvW

kfarb.6732

I think Mags is very closely matched in population to Dragonbrand and belongs in tier 3. Its more like Fort Aspenwood belongs in tier 2.

This is probably true, as we seem pretty even with them but with opposite peak times. I just rarely see DB when I play. I’m not sure who would make a good third opponent, though, and with Kaineng moving up, it will be another tier 2 server the week after next.

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe Wub Wub is fun

Thanks for the screenshots which highlight the frustration I was feeling while you all sat at spawn and watched us lose our towers 1 by 1. But meh next time ill say nothing. At least there were a couple other players willing to try out there. Not sure what is fun about playing a game and trying to lose.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Waking.6052

This is probably true, as we seem pretty even with them but with opposite peak times. I just rarely see DB when I play. I’m not sure who would make a good third opponent, though, and with Kaineng moving up, it will be another tier 2 server the week after next.

I have also recently come to the conclusion (after about a thousand hours of WvW) that WvW is not about fighting 5v5, or 8v8, or 20v20. It’s about mobilizing siege equipment and supply.

About 80 percent of effectiveness in WvW is mobilizing siege equipment and supply, by my estimate. So if you don’t like strategically placing siege and building it with supply whether to attack or defend, you’re not going to enjoy competitive WvW.

You might enjoy casual wvw, at the lower tiers, where there are small populations and no sustained defense. I’ve also personally come to start enjoying the defense. 3 hours of defense on Maguuma Bay tonight was FUN. You guys made it challenging, just enough to make us concerned we’d lose it at any moment and just enough breathing room to … get supply, build counter trebs, repair walls temporarily, run yaks in for upgrades, build defensive ballistas arrow carts and catapults. We were working nonstop on that defense, seemingly outnumbered (there seemed to be consistently 20+ of you attacking Bay, but I’d say about half that consistently defending). So FA people would pop in when it became dire, and pop back out. It was a symphony and made me happy to transfer to FA from IOJ. But enough about that.

It was fun, and Maguumans aren’t newbs. It turned dramatically when your population decreased, but before that it was a good match. One caveat being, it might not have been fair if Dragonbrand were actually attacking you However it worked out, it was fun. I hope you had fun!

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Pinko.2076

I’m hoping the score reset can lift a hidden t3 server out of the lower ranked servers. Right now I think Mag/DB are t3 and everyone above that (replace SBI with Kain) is t2 or t1. FA probably used to be a t3 server, but the amount of transfers they got have pushed them up.

in WvW

Waking.6052

Although I do stop when I see a 1v1 (and I don’t interfere, unless it’s a guildy who asks me to) generally, I assume that more enemies will always show up and interfere if I 1v1 someone else. I also assume players will take advantage of their terrain (including invlunerability) even though I won’t personally do that.

It’s just a part of the game, working as intended, so you have to adjust.

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

Although I do stop when I see a 1v1 (and I don’t interfere, unless it’s a guildy who asks me to) generally, I assume that more enemies will always show up and interfere if I 1v1 someone else. I also assume players will take advantage of their terrain (including invlunerability) even though I won’t personally do that.

It’s just a part of the game, working as intended, so you have to adjust.

Oh yes i was not overly upset at others joining in as they just came on the scene, maybe they were called for help i dunno. I guess my point was once you jump down there should be no invuln spot there. I mean i could just keep that camp contested all night long without any chance of dying if i was that kind of person which I am not. I think that invuln spot is quite stupid to be honest and bad game design. It wouldn’t matter a whit if a camp was not there. To be clear i was not camping those jumping down and the player that attacked me came from the road not the spawn.

Anyway time for a coffee and thanks for the reply. I will definitely have to keep that stoopid spot in mind next time.

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

in WvW

Stoneslammer.3650

So let me get this straight. Because of a deadlock on a single keep on one map everyone said screw it? I have this feeling im missing something here. But the more of these posts i read the more it seems to me that this match is purposely being thrown. I dont think much of that kind of attitude if that is what is going on right now.

I think maybe you’re on the wrong server if you expect people to do something they don’t enjoy just for magical internet points.

One last point on this. Is it written somewhere that you have to stay and do the same thing on the same map for 6 hours? Maybe you misunderstand what I am saying. If it was deadlocked and we had no chance of taking a certain objective on a certain map there is other maps and other objectives. So while no one was having fun at Wk and players were begging for help in EB what did you do?

Snipburz-Maguuma-TWT

(edited by Stoneslammer.3650)

in WvW

kfarb.6732

I have also recently come to the conclusion (after about a thousand hours of WvW) that WvW is not about fighting 5v5, or 8v8, or 20v20. It’s about mobilizing siege equipment and supply.

About 80 percent of effectiveness in WvW is mobilizing siege equipment and supply, by my estimate. So if you don’t like strategically placing siege and building it with supply whether to attack or defend, you’re not going to enjoy competitive WvW.

That’s true. Last night FA left us with one north tower and east keep. I solo-built a treb in the tower and began trebbing our garrison. FA responded by building 3 trebs, having an ele or two use swirling winds, capturing camps to finish the wall upgrade, and attempting to build ballistae and catapults to take down the treb/speed up the wall takedown.

It would have been the smart way to play if it were more than just me in the tower, so props for that. By the time our wall went down we still only had 3 defenders in there, though. Not much we can do at that point.

That being said, trebbing is incredibly dull for most people who just want to enjoy the game and not “compete” in wvw. I enjoy defense, but I don’t think I’ve seen a real attempt on our garrison or east keep during this match yet (again, aside from 5-10am est when we have a handful of people playing). The whole southwest spawn/west keep game is the worst part of wvw, in my opinion. I’d almost like to just let it fall so we can see a real attempt on a different place on the map before we all log off. Still hoping to learn some stuff from FA, but holding you off until we go to sleep isn’t engaging.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Last night proved we can hold off FA from west keep. Didn’t think we could last as a long as we did. But the boring WvW has seen a drop off of people playing. I went and did PvE myself to get more gold. Looking forward to the reset. Also, it’s annoying listening to these “get off our server” people. They don’t own the server. They can get off themselves.

Ninein
-Maguuma