Maguuma - Isle of Janthir - Yak's Bend 1/18

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Dead matchup, dead servers, etc. Bringing this thread back from the second page.

The Life of an OG, http://youtu.be/Cf4BpfDKtEo.

Some footage from today, in Yak’s BL was fun. Some OG team fights and some solo ranger roaming.

This is a great video. I saw one of your others and didn’t realize you were on Maguuma.

in WvW

Posted by: Hubris.7039

Hubris.7039

All the Mag zergball /sits, /laughs and corpse jumping like it’s a huge achievement to roll 20-40 people over 3 or less is rather amusing though I have to admit.

This hasn’t happened to me all week.

I can’t speak for your experience, but it doesn’t help our public image to accuse people of corpse dancing, etc. It smells of sour grapes.

Hunker down and prepare for next week>Get Better>Move Up>Beat Magumma>Profit.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Officer – War is Hell [WAR]
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Hubris.7039)

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

YB, you tried to brute force Overlook and we pushed you back, you’re going to get camped for a minute. Any action has an equal and opposite reaction. >:)

lol 12 people is brute forcing it… vs 30+ magzergmas. Yeah, hokay. /eyeroll

Were you even there? YB portal bombed north gate with two golems, pushed with another golem and there were at least 30 Yaks, maybe more – I couldn’t see because of culling. Hokay?

You are correct, there we at least 30 YB there as it was the Karma Train made up of mostly up-leveled alts. It was fun to show a lot of newbies wvw though.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

(edited by Xavi.6591)

in WvW

Xavi.6591

Do you Yaks folks think a Yaks vs IoJ vs (insert server here) would be a good matchup?

I think if we didnt have the massive guuma zergs on every map that we could actually have some decent battles and maybe a halfway balanced map. I still think even Yaks outnumbers us, but at least we’ll have a fighting chance

I don’t think any fight that includes IoJ would be fair to IoJ at the moment due to their lack of numbers. Hopefully IoJ can rebuild and rebound soon.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

So I go away for 2 weeks and look what happens, we start destroying the competition… The hell is wrong with you Mag?

Great Lord Flame Ram would not be pleased.

in WvW

Xavi.6591

Maguuma didn’t destroy the competition, the upcoming deadline for free transfers did.

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yak’s Bend still conflating transfer deadlines with bandwagoning from previous matches ITT.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Firelance.7490

Firelance.7490

So, in agreement and summarization:
1) Server transfers imbalance otherwise well-matched servers.
2) Imbalanced matchups aren’t fun for anyone (more so for the disadvantaged)
3) Many of the disciplined and strategic players on all sides recognize point 1 & 2 and have taken a vacation from serious WvW this week.
4) Nothing about this matchup seems to be a fair representation of any of it’s participants actual potential. (Maguuma has been zerging this week because it doesn’t have to do anything more, Yak’s and IoJ do what little they can against neigh-insurmountable odds)

I really hope that even a minor fee will, at the least curb the mass-exodus behaviors that create these situations but I wish the best of luck to IoJ and Yak’s in the coming (more balanced) weeks. I’m confident Maguuma will continue to integrate and train our newest members in proper tactics so we can be worthy of the rank we are ascending to.

Never stop improving,

-Klunk

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

YB, we’re coming.

prepare to dance on kaineng borderlands!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

If we get another week like this one, I foresee many people not even bothering anymore.

Honestly, with the imbalances going on they should swap over to one day matches for a while, because NO ONE can enjoy being steamrolled or doing steamrolling others unless you have a serious personality disorder.

To openly mock/relish in or otherwise just get joy from the fact you can hold EVERYTHING in all maps because your zergtastic is just kinda screwed up. Its as bad as those thieves that live to kill uplevels and pretend they are skilled.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Well, Kaineng is probably going to be at least our size, so yeah. If you’re on IoJ, it might be better for you in T5 but it’s hard to judge. At the very least it should be much less populated than we are, but it may still be pretty uneven.

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

It has been a crummy week for us IoJers, but reading map chat I see we are coming along more. The guys that werent at leadership positions, are taking it up. Doing more with less, getting better, etc etc.

I will say, the repair bills are sucking. If we do have another week like this, I’ll probably log into wvw a few times and thats it. Im not hoping for a tight close match within a few hundred points. I wouldnt mind being within 10-50k of the other servers., either winning or losing. To me it is the experience.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzie.2067

Nozzie.2067

YB, we’re coming.

prepare to dance on kaineng borderlands!

Really? I thought Dragonbrand was going to be back with us next week. Anyway, welcome aboard CD. I’m all for targeting Kaineng next week for what good it will do. The YB alliance are against two servers officially ganging up on a third but I’m sure we will have a lot of rank & file members who would be happy to try & put a dent in Kaineng as they sail up the tiers. Then again, I know we have a lot of players who understandably wont bother with WvW till the Tiers settle down a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: Mach Me.6520

Mach Me.6520

So to recap… some yaks are better than some maguuma and some maguuma are better than some yaks… so lets put our money where our mouth is how about we get pvp matches going since ive always wanted to see two golems go at it… sorry ioj i have only seen 3 of you this week

Go big or go home [Rawr]

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

So to recap… some yaks are better than some maguuma and some maguuma are better than some yaks… so lets put our money where our mouth is how about we get pvp matches going since ive always wanted to see two golems go at it… sorry ioj i have only seen 3 of you this week

Mag has been doing fight nights every night this week. Sometimes 24 hours at a time. It’s mostly the IoJ guys that show up. Getting yaks to show up is like pulling teeth – mostly it’s just triggerless that comes.

We did two golems vs triggerless when we were exceptionally bored, but I think that one ended in a draw.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Every time we do, 10+ Maguuma players show up and like 3 Yaks.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

There’s one thing that struck me about IOJ during this matchup. They like to fight outside of keep walls. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t fight inside their keep walls and be rezable. Each time that I was involved in an assault of the inner wall of IOJ’s garrison, they would be outside of the inner walls fighting. It’s a weird fighting strategy.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Been chillin in our BL capturing and losing the garrison. Surpsingly Ive seen a nice mixture of both Yaks and Mags.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Hubris.7039

If we get another week like this one, I foresee many people not even bothering anymore.

Kaenig (sp?) is coming. Get used to it. Get strong. Get better.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Hubris.7039

I’m all for targeting Kaineng next week for what good it will do. The YB alliance are against two servers officially ganging up on a third but I’m sure we will have a lot of rank & file members who would be happy to try & put a dent in Kaineng as they sail up the tiers.

I don’t speak for the server, but the Yak’s Bend policy is to not join in cross server alliances, no matter how bad it gets. It creates a lot of bad blood when we have to turn on our allies.

That said, I would never think to tell another player who is not in my squad what to do with their time in WvW.

Wiideus – Elementalist
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Anyone interested in dueling, whisper me ingame. I’ll be around for a while.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Score update. Because you SO totally needed it.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Anyone interested in dueling against good or starter players, come to IoJ map South Camp Windmill. Have some fun!

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Mag has been doing fight nights every night this week. Sometimes 24 hours at a time. It’s mostly the IoJ guys that show up. Getting yaks to show up is like pulling teeth – mostly it’s just triggerless that comes.

We did two golems vs triggerless when we were exceptionally bored, but I think that one ended in a draw.

I was there last night, noone else was. Fought a few maguma 1v1, they weren’t really Pvp types so it was pretty lopsided fights

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I was there last night, noone else was. Fought a few maguma 1v1, they weren’t really Pvp types so it was pretty lopsided fights

That’s interesting because D\ERP and OG were there last night and I think I counted 2 losses from 30ish matches. The score really doesn’t matter because we want Fight Club to be inclusive, but you should come around in prime time for good fights. If you’re on now, I think a bunch of WaR is there.

in WvW

GuardianOMS.8067

Maybe he showed up when everyone was in class?

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

That’s interesting because kitten and OG were there last night and I think I counted 2 losses from 30ish matches. The score really doesn’t matter because we want Fight Club to be inclusive, but you should come around in prime time for good fights. If you’re on now, I think a bunch of WaR is there.

Fought a asura necro from kitten and won on maguuma bl, was 2v1 at the end with a low level. Invited the commander and talked a bit, then got murder ganked. Ya I’m at work right now, makin bread yo. I’ll check bls south camp tonight for fights

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Tsk tsk Stealth Snake, losin yo duels. Some of us aren’t as PvP, yeah, but there are a lot of people that are pretty talented at fight club normally. Even I fight at fight club sometimes and I’m terribad. The idea is to have people at all levels so everyone can have fun. If you beat our asura mesmer I will be very impressed

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

I’ll be thurr. Any set times?

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Sypsy.7318

Sypsy.7318

I left YB two weeks ago, before the announcement of paid server transfers.

Once upon a time, YB earned certain labels from opponents that were quite well received. “Tenacious, organized and able to survive despite being outnumber.” As a server, we were quite proud of this. Just look back to the forum threads of when YB played TC and FA, and you’ll see these comments peppered around. The server had worked hard to get up to T3.

The problem is, just because you “earned” these “titles” before, doesn’t mean you have a right to use them as descriptions now. (As has been claimed many times in this thread.) YB needs to stop insisting they are able to play with the big boys. Opponents learn, organize and get better, all the while, YB just lets their general populate run rampant. Most commanders were good, but the people they were trying to rally were soft and defiant. After jumping to BG & now at JQ, I can definitely see the difference in the quality of the general population. (But if you ask me, most YB are too head strong/carefree to learn how to play well.)

YB, if you want to earn back these qualities of being small force to be reckoned with, you gotta face reality, get a bit of humility and work for it.

I know, I know. I’m a hypocrite, I left; but I’m also a casual player. So I’m not going to invest time creating a raid guild to help inspire a server full of people who believe they are still relevant. I missed the old YB where I was able to rush head long into an enemy zerg and see that others did the same and we ended up wiping them.

Why am I here? Because I want YB to succeed. But you gotta open your eyes first.

For the few YB who are organized and want to become something successful, I suggest you follow the strategies of the super-organized & deadly guilds that are in T1 (recently transferred and have been.)

HG, RG, two of a few guilds I have seen in action. VotF in SoS I hear is also good. (Apologies to anyone I left out, but I haven’t been in the T1 scene long enough.)

Here’s a recent RG video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovx_c_OyZQ

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

(edited by Sypsy.7318)

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

Not to sound rude, but people like you jumping ship has led us to fall in organization and #s.

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Dunno about set times. One of our mesmers usually works at night so it may not even work out. I have no idea what I’m talking about!! But I’m guessing people will be around dueling almost all day.

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

Not to sound rude, but people like you jumping ship has led us to fall in organization and #s.

Don’t worry, I have and never will take on a leadership role in wvw. I have talked in map chat to try to get some strategy going, but I don’t think it ever increased the “organization or numbers” of YB.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

You’re comparing a GUILD all in the same team speak vs pugs? Apples to oranges man

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

This is Maguuma. Just post saying you want to fight and you’ll get all the people you can handle, any time.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

If you beat our asura mesmer I will be very impressed

If that’s the same asura mesmer I fought, yeah he’s tough. That many clones with invis on a relatively short cooldown is tough to counter. Thanks again guys for the fun fights. Too bad it was just me on the other side. I hope you can get more out there tonight.

Give it a try. It doesn’t matter how experienced you are, cuz no one is keeping score. It’s just for fun and you do learn a lot and meet new ppl.

-Sakae

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

You’re comparing a GUILD all in the same team speak vs pugs? Apples to oranges man

No, that was a separate point, hence the line. It’s only for the YB ppl who are organized and want to aspire to more. There are enough capable people in YB to do something like this, a co-ordinated 15-25 group using voip following a single commander. It’s just a time commitment, and most people need to be in builds that would otherwise be non-optimal in a 1v1.

My main point was that the general YB player/zerg is softer than their opponents. It didn’t used to be that way, but it is now.

Keep the oranges & apples separate.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Tsk tsk Stealth Snake, losin yo duels. Some of us aren’t as PvP, yeah, but there are a lot of people that are pretty talented at fight club normally. Even I fight at fight club sometimes and I’m terribad. The idea is to have people at all levels so everyone can have fun. If you beat our asura mesmer I will be very impressed

Don’t really remember the fight. I guess it wasn’t really a memorable one. Congrats to the guy i suppose.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

That raises the question: can you collect more tears with a massive zerg, or by camping jumping puzzles?

Massive zergs that ruin a bracket I would guess. Only the parttimers really care about the jumping puzzles, the real wuvwuv players are on the field where it matters.

I don’t think so. I think wvw players don’t care about armor repairs and such. Always expect massive zergs, and all that jazz and drama that comes alongside… in here. I vote camp JP. Reasoning: JP offers free reward, many people runs alts through for free siege, and camping JP = no freebies. Americans like free things. Take it away, and you have reason for emotions. Frustrations give reason to justify war. American’s like war.

Backup reason… massive zerg is expected, and often rewardless and people win / lose fights, trained in their mind. No more tears. Already fighting, already war. You can’t make war, no need for emotions (except humor).

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

For the few YB who are organized and want to become something successful, I suggest you follow the strategies of the super-organized & deadly guilds that are in T1 (recently transferred and have been.)

Most Yaks have no interest in being T1 and all that entails, much of it not desirable. To get there would be more about recruiting than organizing to be honest.

Not that YB isn’t recruiting, but its more because this tier is looking like a cutoff line between big servers that are seeing pile ons pre paid transfers, and the lower tiers that are made up of servers varyingly abandoned. We don’t want to get stuck in this tier overmatched forever by the big servers that Mag and Kaineng are going to dislodge going up.

To your actual point, YB has developed a few bad habits, and they started several weeks before this matchup. But I think a real close competitive match can bring out the best again.

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

We don’t want to get stuck in this tier overmatched forever by the big servers that Mag and Kaineng are going to dislodge going up.

Why not? Mag did it for months. It’s fun.

in WvW

Sypsy.7318

Most Yaks have no interest in being T1 and all that entails, much of it not desirable. To get there would be more about recruiting than organizing to be honest.

Not that YB isn’t recruiting, but its more because this tier is looking like a cutoff line between big servers that are seeing pile ons pre paid transfers, and the lower tiers that are made up of servers varyingly abandoned. We don’t want to get stuck in this tier overmatched forever by the big servers that Mag and Kaineng are going to dislodge going up.

It’s not a ticket to T1, it’s just a way of using fewer people effectively against many. This would be especially important if YB is stuck in the awkward middle as you say.

JQ
Elemental Concept
Illusionary Concept

in WvW

CrassBippy.4619

When mag fought us, it was never THIS outnumbered. You guys always could field decent #s. no server wants to fight for 80 points. You guys would get sick of it too, I enjoy fighting outnumbered, but this is extreme

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

When mag fought us, it was never THIS outnumbered. You guys always could field decent #s. no server wants to fight for 80 points. You guys would get sick of it too, I enjoy fighting outnumbered, but this is extreme

We’ve been in your exact situation before. Arguably worse. Who do you think welcomed SoS 2.0 into the game? Mag still found a way to have fun that week. You just gotta get over the overall winning and losing aspect when you’re in that scenario.

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Even though the blowouts are bad at large, it does get you a bit more interested in the other matches via familiarity with the servers you meet going up and down. I think the eventual Mag/Kaineng battle is going to be fascinating because its such a clash of styles. Large scale tactics (at least their off peak) vs more group of individuals style belief.

People can sling back and forth about the zerg vs skill in this matchup, but truth is it can’t really be proven out with the numbers and score so lopsided, but going up Mag is going to get the chance to prove it out vs similar coverage in the next week and next one past.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

So much complaining about not owning stuff. If you own everything, you have to run a very long way to find anything to fight. If you don’t own anything, they walk right up to your spawn to let you kill them. I can’t wait to be outnumbered and losing hard again.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Rhyis.7058

I heard that. Losing is way more fun.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I have not checked out our Oceanic population recently but it wasn’t similar to DB last time I checked

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

We don’t want to get stuck in this tier overmatched forever by the big servers that Mag and Kaineng are going to dislodge going up.

Why not? Mag did it for months. It’s fun.

Underdog yes, fodder no. We’ve been underdog, vs Blackgate, SoR, TC, that can be fun, in fact where YB earned a lot of nods from our opponents, but there is a tipping point. I think it turns on being able to take and hold some positions vs just take and run.

Any server that was beat 8 to 1 for weeks would be in the bottom tier fast. So it could not have been that bad.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

It gets tiring, yes, but it’s still possible to have fun in these odds. I’m not saying everyone should be able to have fun, but I think we’re both speaking for some core part of Maguuma that will have fun even in the Sea of Sorrows 2.0 odds. It’s where part of our culture developed with Ramalot, Alamo, and so on. The key is that you have to have fun doing these types of things with other people and keep your morale up when you’re busting zergs at your door, or it will just end up being a very “meh” experience.