One Last Huzzah for Confusion!

in WvW

Posted by: octavian.1643

octavian.1643

Confusion will still kill bad players. Just…slower. ANET should extend its duration a little bit so that it’s more useful as a condition.

They’d also do well to think about buffing torch’s phantasm somehow. Torch is already so, so bad.

Sorrow’s Furnace | The Master Chef | COSA

in WvW

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

i would rather see them buff bad professions then nerf strong ones. nerfing strong things is always a kitten poor idea. if you buff the underpowerd its more fun to play each profession. if you nerf the strongest in order to balance it only takes the fun out of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I wish i’d recorded my ranger playing yesterday, that highlights Confusion killing stupid people in PvP.

I got into a fight on my ranger with 2 Heart Seeking Spamming Thieves…That’s basically all they did…was spam Heart Seeker like nubs.

I pain inverted them and watch them proceed to kill themselves spamming HS on me….

It was a prime example of why Confusion doesn’t need a nerf…People just need to quit being stupid and play better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: matthen.5024

matthen.5024

Ahh all the comments complaining about the confusion nerf. For all the times you told others to l2play. Guess what, l2play. Kthxbi

Wow. I didn’t realize that all the mesmers who were against the “confusion nerf” were also guilty of taunting others with “l2play” comments. Perhaps it was just some of them?

I think a lot of the anxiety that you are reading is derived from players who are frustrated by the prospect of having to grinding new gear… not so much from having to change traits or playstyle. Not wanting to grind-farm is not really a “l2play” issue.

in WvW

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

elochai has a warrior and a necro… he needs all the mesmer nerfs he can get.

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Hooray, now we get to see billions and billions and billions of shatter mesmers.

One viable build per class is not clever.

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Just so people know, there is a PERFECT counter to glamour fields: retaliation. Retaliation can actually kill a mesmer that uses feedback, since any damage from reflected projectiles that hits people will retaliation will hit the mesmers, hard.

It has nothing to do with the nerf, just letting people here know that retaliation across zergs (boon share!) can wipe out mesmer groups when they throw feedbacks on you!

They’re nerfing retaliation too, fyi.

Oh, I know I’m just saying that people act like there’s no counter to it, but there is.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Ahh all the comments complaining about the confusion nerf. For all the times you told others to l2play. Guess what, l2play. Kthxbi

Wow. I didn’t realize that all the mesmers who were against the “confusion nerf” were also guilty of taunting others with “l2play” comments. Perhaps it was just some of them?

I think a lot of the anxiety that you are reading is derived from players who are frustrated by the prospect of having to grinding new gear… not so much from having to change traits or playstyle. Not wanting to grind-farm is not really a “l2play” issue.

I play a warrior, only mes I have is still just out of character generation, and I agree with people that say it is a l2p problem or just not paying attention to what is on you. I’ll admit, it can be hard to tell what number the stack is up to, I have that problem with the white lettering with boons and might and can’t see if the first number is a 1 or a 2 so I will give that could be a problem but I doubt it is that much of a issue.

I don’t have problems dealing with confusion. If my condition removal isn’t available, I take the action of taking no actions against my opponent. Not hard to deal with. I liked that about confusion.

Won’t care about it as much. Still a condition but I can attack stuff now without worrying about dying and my condition remover will be ready before I get too low.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

(edited by CreativeAnarchy.6324)

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

It’s not going to effect me much on my Mesmer. I had ticks as high as 9k damage with it, so 4k-5k damage will still be doable, and acceptable.

They should put a 10 stack cap on it, instead of reducing the damage by 50% though.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If you lvl a toon that is “crap at pve” from 1 to 80 and grind gear “for a long time” just to be able to use one condition spam on wvw, its a clear sign that things are overpowered.

Also, doing 2k-3k dmg to btn smashers per skill/dodge is still going to kill most of the “badies” and zerglins out there in wvw…

Seems thiefs will get their burst (mug) “nerfed”. But will get some more boon-removals (with one specific wep-set).
Warriors will get some buff dmg against boons also (if traited)…

Really…
No one should be looking to “grind” some profession because its OP in WvW. If you do, dont come to complain that you “wasted your time”…

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

It needs nerf, but not to be in par with sPvP.

sPvP and WvW are different on so many levels. If this is the direction that WvW is heading to, we can expect that all skills will be nerfed as well just to be ‘fair’.

I believe though, if this nerf really exterminates Confusion Mesmer on the battlefield, it will be boosted again (perhaps in other ways) in next few weeks.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

So glad they removed this cheesy build. A person with no concept or Mesmer could be considered a good player of how overpowered it was.

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

Reread my post. I specifically said for all the times mesmers said l2play to others. I didn’t blanket all mesmers. That condition has to be met for what I said to apply. Either way getting new gear takes very little time. If people have to roll a different class that just means they are a one trick pony. I was not referring to all mesmers in my post.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So to make things fair:

- Guardian burning damage reduced by 50%
- Theif backstab and heartseeker reduced by 50%
- Engineer grenade trait to throw 1 less grenade instead of 1 extra
- Necromancer wells get a 100% longer cooldowns
- Elementalist get 100% longer cooldown on attunements
- Warrior Greatsword skill 2 changed to “Feint” which doesnt do any damage but apply 1 stack of confusion
- Ranger pets have 50% HP

in WvW

Posted by: J J.7902

J J.7902

Honestly, I love this game, but I fear this nerf is a sign of it heading in the wrong direction. Leveling a character to 80 and grinding a ton of gear only to discover that all your work was done under a false assumption, namely that the build you were grinding for would EXIST in the future, is endlessly frustrating. And it weakens my loyalty to the game. When another MMO comes along, I’m gonna be tempted to leave now. Big time.

I think in reading this you have called out the problem. If the reason you leveled a toon, and grinded a ton of gear was for the one trick (confusion) doesn’t that mean you inherently knew it was a bit OP honestly?

I didn’t level a Necro for its ability to fear and certainly didn’t level a ranger for its ability to immobilize. I did both because I enjoyed all around gameplay/mechanics.

If we wanna talk nerfs, have you ever rolled a ranger? QZ got nerfed into nothingness, spirts are a joke, traps and pets are almost worthless without specc’ing into them pretty heavily…etc but what do we do, adapt!

I for one am glad to see all the one trick pony builds getting the hammer. In WvW right now if you see a mesmer its a glamour, if you see a ele its a d/d, if you see a thief its a heartseeking hero. I love variety and my unconventional necro is proof!

[Rekz] Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Confusion stacking glamour build is trully by far the most overpowerd thing in the game but only a very,very few players did manage to master it at 100%.Ofcourse everyone whining about how it was only players being bad ,lmao,never had a clue about how powerfull and downright godmode/i win button is in WvW.IF you still think bringing condition removals would save you to blow yourselves up only by removing the wrong condition instead i only have i thing to say : prove without it how really bad the other players are or forever shut it and suck it up.It’s enough you got away for 8 months with this kind of easymode unbalanced bs.
It is you that has the “skillz” and players of other classes are just bad ?Prove it.Plenty of builds out there for you to show the world how glamour players were the true elite and not the condition or build itself.Easy right ?

I’ve played a shatter confusion mesmer since day one, thus have a full grasp of how confusion works, what to watch for, and how to beat it. In all that time (spent almost entirely in WvW) I’ve never lost to a glamour mesmer.

In Tier 1 there are a lot of veteran players (aswell as a higher concentration in general). When our server got to Tier 1, I immediately noticed a difference in players skill level in that the moment I put confusion on a target, they altered their play accordingly. That was condition removing, bunkering builds aside (guardians, eles, stealthing thieves) who could just fight through it.

It’s clear you have little to no experience in confusion combat at higher levels of play.

in WvW

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Honestly, I love this game, but I fear this nerf is a sign of it heading in the wrong direction. Leveling a character to 80 and grinding a ton of gear only to discover that all your work was done under a false assumption, namely that the build you were grinding for would EXIST in the future, is endlessly frustrating. And it weakens my loyalty to the game. When another MMO comes along, I’m gonna be tempted to leave now. Big time.

I think in reading this you have called out the problem. If the reason you leveled a toon, and grinded a ton of gear was for the one trick (confusion) doesn’t that mean you inherently knew it was a bit OP honestly?

I didn’t level a Necro for its ability to fear and certainly didn’t level a ranger for its ability to immobilize. I did both because I enjoyed all around gameplay/mechanics.

If we wanna talk nerfs, have you ever rolled a ranger? QZ got nerfed into nothingness, spirts are a joke, traps and pets are almost worthless without specc’ing into them pretty heavily…etc but what do we do, adapt!

I for one am glad to see all the one trick pony builds getting the hammer. In WvW right now if you see a mesmer its a glamour, if you see a ele its a d/d, if you see a thief its a heartseeking hero. I love variety and my unconventional necro is proof!

Agee 110%.

Also I have to mention that confusion should punish players for not paying attention to it, but when the default tick amount is in the 300-500’s for less than 5 stacks that’s a problem. Even with heavy condition gear bleeding stacks do maybe what, 130 a tick per second? If you’re in a fight and you try use 2 moves (let’s say a heal and a condition removal) with a few stacks of confusion you take WAY more damage than a full duration bleeding effect could ever hope to accomplish in a fraction of the time. Confusion is still going to punish players for spamming skills when it’s on, it just won’t be an insta-gib.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

I never found confusion much of an issue at all, I have 5+ condition removal skills running, never mind combos, so confusion, or whatever else, stacks never got that high at all on me or people near me.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Unfair comparison since neither does actual damage, ie what you need to play the game.

Imagine if they went out and said Necro wells will have 50% damage instead. You think the Necros would complain? No? Yes? It would effectivly destroy a well build. Just like this change destroys a confusion build.

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Well it was OP… sorry.

Its one of the easiest conditions to counter! Imob is op, confusion is just misunderstood by so many people who have 1 on auto-loop.

Great job Arenanet, turn this game into even more of a casual mess.

I totally agree with you, although I am not a mesmer I learnt how to fight one. Confusion wasn’t needed to be nerfed. If you died because of confusion it was a seriour l2 play issue. Have 5 stacks of conf on you? Just stop and stare the mesmer, waiting for them to be over or use a condition removal.

Confusion was – is – a part of the game, don’t nerf it to uselessness.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

While stacking Glamour fields might be “one trick” in one definition of the term, you clearly don’t grasp what this means for mesmers across the board. Regardless of what build you’re using, confusion, and it’s subsequent damage (at low or high values) is tied into mesmers balance in terms of DPS in every regard. Power/crit/shatter mesmers still apply confusion which ticks in smaller amounts, but adds to their DPS whole. Confusion based mesmers give up all their power/crit/shatter damage in exchange for those confusion ticks.

Confusion isnt a “one trick pony” for mesmers because, no matter what, confusion is in play at some point with all mesmers. It’s a mesmers condition. The only question a mesmer faces is, how much do I utilize it? The trait tree heavily supports those who decide “a lot”.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

ANet clearly has a desire to cater only to those WvW players who spam all of their skills on cooldown, run in a giant zergball, and only pay enough attention to what’s happening so that they can go on the forums and whine about whatever killed them. Absolutely pathetic…

I’m definitely looking forward to giving some of these other new games a chance (and just maybe one day, there will be a dev team that answers all the whining with “no, we’re not nerfing everything for you, get better.”)

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Chipperz.2594

Chipperz.2594

Disappointing Anet you gave in to the baddies, you are going to render Confusion Mesmers useless in Wvw…. 50% damage reduction BAHAHA….. it’s so easy to counter, if you know how to play the game properly… Anyways farewell Gw2 WvW and Glamour Mesmers !

in WvW

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

While stacking Glamour fields might be “one trick” in one definition of the term, you clearly don’t grasp what this means for mesmers across the board. Regardless of what build you’re using, confusion, and it’s subsequent damage (at low or high values) is tied into mesmers balance in terms of DPS in every regard. Power/crit/shatter mesmers still apply confusion which ticks in smaller amounts, but adds to their DPS whole. Confusion based mesmers give up all their power/crit/shatter damage in exchange for those confusion ticks.

Confusion isnt a “one trick pony” for mesmers because, no matter what, confusion is in play at some point with all mesmers. It’s a mesmers condition. The only question a mesmer faces is, how much do I utilize it? The trait tree heavily supports those who decide “a lot”.

+1

I think people don’t understand this about mesmers and so it’s much easier for them to call for confusion nerfs. This nerf impacts more than just players who glamour bomb.

Also, I play in T2 which is very zergy. Nerfing a zerg-busting aoe is really rough. I’m very disappointed in this change. Obviously, there are various builds out there that are legit, but having such a huge chunk of damage getting chopped might make those not so great. I really don’t want to end up playing a portal/veil bot. Additionally, I think it is a pretty bad sign when instead of buffing classes or fixing classes, developers instead just nerf classes that aren’t busted.

HoD

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

+1

I think people don’t understand this about mesmers and so it’s much easier for them to call for confusion nerfs. This nerf impacts more than just players who glamour bomb.

Also, I play in T2 which is very zergy. Nerfing a zerg-busting aoe is really rough. I’m very disappointed in this change. Obviously, there are various builds out there that are legit, but having such a huge chunk of damage getting chopped might make those not so great. I really don’t want to end up playing a portal/veil bot. Additionally, I think it is a pretty bad sign when instead of buffing classes or fixing classes, developers instead just nerf classes that aren’t busted.

Not sure which server you’re on gvaughn, but I agree, T2 is very zergy, and large fights are great sometimes, but they need a counter as well. In addition to killing a fun mesmer build, this hits engineers unnecessarily hard as well, with their pistols, toolkit and bomb kit….

I just had a nice argument in Lion’s Arch on my server (TC) with a bunch of people saying that this has been a long time coming because they keep dying to FA’s Avatar when they spam their skills… makes me feel a little embarrassed by my own servermates – I thought TCers had more fight in them and less whine.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

Oh QQ moar mesmers, confusion at 50% is still very very viable, its just no longer kittenedly OP to the point where all you do is put all your traits/skills into confusion. As a Guardian, I’ll fully admit retal is OP but you won’t see me complain on the forums when it finally does get nerfed, because I learned how to play

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I have to say, 50% seems way overboard for a nerf. I never really had a problem with confusion mesmers. Condition removal or else… doing nothing and its off.

It’s those shatter mesmers that are insta-killing me, not that its OP either, you can see it coming.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

My first choice when I levelled my Mesmer was the Shatter build. Turns out its freakingly easy to play, won a 5vs1 within a few hours of gearing up. I like a challenge, and Shatter just made me feel like I roflstomped, so she got a bit benched. It’s also impossible to run it in my WvW raids, my lack of toughness = insta death, and the overall usefulness of her… Not so great.

Two days ago I thought I’d level a second Mesmer for the Glamour build. Spent ages on a spec, testing all sorts out. She’s level 67 and I figured I’d finish her off today and gear her. Now I’m at a loss of what to do with her, there’s no point speccing Shatter, I already have one haha, no point in two.

Do you guys think it’s worth me speccing her up for confusion still? Or should I wait out the nerf and decide after?

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I wish i’d recorded my ranger playing yesterday, that highlights Confusion killing stupid people in PvP.

I got into a fight on my ranger with 2 Heart Seeking Spamming Thieves…That’s basically all they did…was spam Heart Seeker like nubs.

I pain inverted them and watch them proceed to kill themselves spamming HS on me….

It was a prime example of why Confusion doesn’t need a nerf…People just need to quit being stupid and play better.

This is so true, unfortunately Anet don’t listen to reason, they just listen to bad players who cry because they didn’t pay attention and killed themselves with a few stacks of confusion. Anet are just dumbing down the game even further, this change is a joke to be honest. I have NO problems countering confusion on any of my characters, I use cleanses when required and I don’t span abilities like a moron. All this is a buff for terrible lazy players and a buff to thieves who can spam abilities for ridiculous amounts of damage and not need to worry about confusion killing them.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I never found confusion much of an issue at all, I have 5+ condition removal skills running, never mind combos, so confusion, or whatever else, stacks never got that high at all on me or people near me.

Exactly. I do the same on all my WvW characters. This is just a senseless nerf to cater for bad, lazy players and Anet should be ashamed of themselves for caving into them.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Did anyone else catch that they mentioned sanctuary and swirling winds will no longer block treb shots!

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I’d expect to see more bunker guardians and d/d eles in the upper tiers, maybe some more power necros too. It’ll be harder to find mesmers for porting etc, I’d expect most mesmers who don’t change class to be a roaming shatter build with a couple stealths (the stronger build in small scale fights)

I seriously doubt that. D/D eles are getting nerfed again.

And this time it’s very hard.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

My first choice when I levelled my Mesmer was the Shatter build. Turns out its freakingly easy to play, won a 5vs1 within a few hours of gearing up. I like a challenge, and Shatter just made me feel like I roflstomped, so she got a bit benched. It’s also impossible to run it in my WvW raids, my lack of toughness = insta death, and the overall usefulness of her… Not so great.

Two days ago I thought I’d level a second Mesmer for the Glamour build. Spent ages on a spec, testing all sorts out. She’s level 67 and I figured I’d finish her off today and gear her. Now I’m at a loss of what to do with her, there’s no point speccing Shatter, I already have one haha, no point in two.

Do you guys think it’s worth me speccing her up for confusion still? Or should I wait out the nerf and decide after?

Wait….you leveled 2 seperate Mesmers, just for different builds? You are aware of the respec option the trainers give right? XD

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

I cant wait to see the influx of necros in wvw now.

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Go to sleep Duke. You need to wake up at 8am…

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

A few points. First off, stop saying glam confusion build was a “one-trick pony”. To be truly good at it, the build takes a ton of timing, balancing, calculation, and a knowledge of the WvW landscape. You need to use shatters as well in order to keep your stacks up, you have to know exactly when to cleanse your group, where to strategically place your glams. Sure, anyone can get pink numbers, but to really use it well takes a lot of practice and tradecraft. Now that’s all over. Plus, the class was DESIGNED to have glam as an option. There are over 5 traits that are used in the build. Developers wanted a glam build and worked it very purposefully into the class in a very clear way. A nerf like this is a betrayal of their own intended design. It’s not some “Oh check out this weird glitch we can do” build. It’s a core build.

Second, there goes Scepter. Scepter was already a broken weapon with odd abilities, but some of us dug it. It has good synergy with condition builds and some of the scepter skins are awesome. I had assumed that if the rumors of a confusion nerf were true they would surely buff or change scepter in some way to make it a viable weapon. No such luck. That scepter I grinded for and paid a ton of gold for the right sigil is gonna be gathering dust for ever. Woe to those poor kittens who got the Legendary scepter.

Third, WvW IS end game content for more and more of the player base. I think Anet thought by leaving confusion as is for PvE us mesmers wouldn’t care about the 50% dam nerf. So, so wrong. Anet needs to realize that for more and more players, WvW is the real end game content folks are building for. So this nerf hurts us where we live. And yes, as others have pointed out, this nerf affects ALL mesmer builds, not just ours.

Fourth, if a nerf was absolutely necessary, why go so hard? A flat 50% dam cut ruins about 5 traits in the trait line, period. If you’re gonna do that, I want new traits because no one will be using them anymore. A more reasonable solution would have been a slight dam reduction (15%) combined with no confusion dam for dodge traits and a buff for some of the classes who were QQing the loudest. Some kind of cleanse ability that activates with heart-seeker for example. We mesmers took the TimeWarp quickness nerf with stoic acceptance, but this is just way too much. It really gimps our class.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I don’t agree with you Entropy, its quite simple that Arenanet is doing this because of the learn to play issue so many experience with confusion. That their metrics are probably reporting so many people taking damage from confusion but they arent thinking its because those people arent very good and don’t monitor their conditions and have their 1 on loop.

Confusion should not be getting nerfed.

Im a guardian before people start calling me on being a mesmer.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Aneu.1748)

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Well it’s official. Our glorious purple swirls of confusion will be broken. Destroyed. Rendered essentially useless. The forces that be caved to the lamentations of warriors and thieves everywhere. A 50% damage reduction will render Mesmer glam builds extinct, along with the confusion engineer. Many brave forum warriors died to prevent this needless nerf. But we failed. Now nothing stands between the massive, mindless hordes of button mashing mega-zergs. Don’t come crying to us when you can’t break up that mob camping your spawn. Don’t come crying to us when your keep is wiped in seconds. Those days are over! Most condition Mesmers, myself included, will retrait power shatter builds. All that carrion / rabid gear we grinded is useless. But we still have one last weekend to give confusion the noble funeral it deserves.

I call on all confusion Mesmers! Rise up! Storm WvW this weekend in one last huzzah of glorious pink spirals!!! They’ve called us OP, they’ve QQ’d us into extinction! Let them feel our wrath one last time!!

And post your new builds below or what class you are going to re-roll as. Post how you think this will effect WvW long term. Discuss.

It was needed,simple..Call it a nerf all you want,it’s being Balanced just like every other class.
ALso…

""Many brave forum warriors died to prevent this needless nerf" …. Honestly.. ?

@Aneu..ever play Wvwvwv ? Try it…

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Well it’s official. Our glorious purple swirls of confusion will be broken. Destroyed. Rendered essentially useless. The forces that be caved to the lamentations of warriors and thieves everywhere. A 50% damage reduction will render Mesmer glam builds extinct, along with the confusion engineer. Many brave forum warriors died to prevent this needless nerf. But we failed. Now nothing stands between the massive, mindless hordes of button mashing mega-zergs. Don’t come crying to us when you can’t break up that mob camping your spawn. Don’t come crying to us when your keep is wiped in seconds. Those days are over! Most condition Mesmers, myself included, will retrait power shatter builds. All that carrion / rabid gear we grinded is useless. But we still have one last weekend to give confusion the noble funeral it deserves.

I call on all confusion Mesmers! Rise up! Storm WvW this weekend in one last huzzah of glorious pink spirals!!! They’ve called us OP, they’ve QQ’d us into extinction! Let them feel our wrath one last time!!

And post your new builds below or what class you are going to re-roll as. Post how you think this will effect WvW long term. Discuss.

It was needed,simple..Call it a nerf all you want,it’s being Balanced just like every other class.
ALso…

Asking me if i’ve ever played WvW is like asking anyone else if they take air into their lungs.

Having fought against some of the best skirmish guilds in the game and gone up against double and triple numbers with heavy mesmer numbers I can assure you that countering confusion is so very easy.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

As an engi with no confidtion damage or duration (cleric gear) running around with 10-15 stacks of might i could easily get 700+ damage per tick with a prybar. Confusion itself is really strong in actual WvW. Like someone mentionned earlier, if the only condition you have on you is confusion, you can either not use a skill nor dodge (even more important when specced for something on dodge), but try that in WvW when you get hit by like 5-6 different conditions. Not all classes/builds run 5+ cond removal and we cant choose what condition we want off. If I get hit by a 12 confusion stack burst and I need to grab my medkit + drop antidote + hope I get confusion off, meanwhile im being constantly hit, I get 2 confusion procs if im lucky and the extra damage dealt… I’m sorry, but the l2p argument is not a good one, it does way too much damage as is.

As for the argument of rerolling + regearing, stop your QQ. You need less than 100g to get from 1 to 80 and get fully geared in less than a day.

TL;DR the nerf was meant to be one day or an other, it doesnt make confusion useless, just makes it more balanced.

Piiz

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

ALso…

Asking me if i’ve ever played WvW is like asking anyone else if they take air into their lungs.

Having fought against some of the best skirmish guilds in the game and gone up against double and triple numbers with heavy mesmer numbers I can assure you that countering confusion is so very easy.

I know it’s easy,but you have to look at the majority of players,not the handfull of people that Know how to deal with it.I was just asking if you play wvwvw,since you know what a pain confusion when be when your standing in the middle of zergs,aoe rings everywhere and having to deal with confusion aswell..Wich will cut 50% or more of your hp.It’s also not about the fact that it is counterable..the same counted for quickness..you just had to evade the player for a few sec,yet it still got balanced.You have to look at the dmg it does,wich was just too much no matter if it’;s counterable,because everything basically is.Think it;s also about the fact that they want fights to last longer..hence the quickness balancing,aoe cap,confusion balance etc.Its all for the better in the end.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

:) Good luck out there glamour mesmers. Your build was nerfed, but it isn’t broken. I’m still going to make a confusion mesmer. After playing in sPvP with it, I can say for sure that even with 50% damage reduction of condition, confusion still packs a punch.

Champion Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

*R.I.P.
*That now irrelevant mes I was working on.
*3/11/13 – Apparently very soon
*May she find peace relegated to humdrum PvE or perhaps deleted if I think of something better to make… Maybe a Guardian. Everyone has one but me.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

As an engi with no confidtion damage or duration (cleric gear) running around with 10-15 stacks of might i could easily get 700+ damage per tick with a prybar. Confusion itself is really strong in actual WvW. Like someone mentionned earlier, if the only condition you have on you is confusion, you can either not use a skill nor dodge (even more important when specced for something on dodge), but try that in WvW when you get hit by like 5-6 different conditions. Not all classes/builds run 5+ cond removal and we cant choose what condition we want off. If I get hit by a 12 confusion stack burst and I need to grab my medkit + drop antidote + hope I get confusion off, meanwhile im being constantly hit, I get 2 confusion procs if im lucky and the extra damage dealt… I’m sorry, but the l2p argument is not a good one, it does way too much damage as is.

Wait, did you just argue for or against it?

Because confusion is everything the Mesmer has and its easily cleansed by condition removal, unlike an Engineer that apply so many conditions you get dizzy.

in WvW

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Wait, did you just argue for or against it?

Because confusion is everything the Mesmer has and its easily cleansed by condition removal, unlike an P/PEngineer that apply so many conditions you get dizzy.

Corrected it for you. I think it does way too much damage as is, though it’s only overpowered in fights while easy to counter as a singular thing. So in theory yes, you only need cond removal, but in practice you need to pray the RNG god or only be facing a mesmer in a 1v1 and outcleanse him, but we all know WvW barely ever consists of 1v1s and have 4+ conditions during a fight is more than common.

Mainly it’s not black or white. It’s often too strong in actual combat, but the nerf wont make it useless, just less powerful.

Piiz

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Another good proof that anet balances for casual noobs. I quess they buy more ridiculous virtual clothes from the item mall.
Yah, condition mesmer is now useless, as is the condition engineer. Whatever, I only play thief nowdays anyway. Simple* to play and more effective in 90% of situations that doesn’t involve a zerg.

To compensate, they definitely should reduce the thief bs damage by half. Not to mention that kittening utterly ridiculous skill called shadow refuge:
1/4 cast time, 10+sec stealth, heals allies, stealths allies, is a dark field, 60sec cool down without traits.

*I often watch Emmerdale while rolling against 2 on my condition thief.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I don’t agree with you Entropy, its quite simple that Arenanet is doing this because of the learn to play issue so many experience with confusion. That their metrics are probably reporting so many people taking damage from confusion but they arent thinking its because those people arent very good and don’t monitor their conditions and have their 1 on loop.

Confusion should not be getting nerfed.

Im a guardian before people start calling me on being a mesmer.

You’re right. And I agree, confusion shouldn’t have been nerfed, period. It was fine. I’m just saying if they were going to nerf it, they could have done it in a more reasonable way without destroying a core element of the Mesmer class. Maybe Anet will read this thread and make a few changes to the patch.

@ Caed that forum warriors thing was a joke / Star Wars reference. Sense of humor much? “Many Bothans died to bring us this information”. What kind of nerd are you?

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

To compensate, they definitely should reduce the thief bs damage by half.

But then how are new players that pick the thief going to gank experienced players applying confusion to them? Half the damage would mean less confusion damage! You would only boost the thief against this horrible invisible insta-killing condition!

Theives need more damage instead to compensate, like 30K backstabs. If they are foolish enough to dare try to do a 30K backstab and recieve like 3K damage from confusion, they bloody well deserve it.

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Why are people bringing up BS thieves lol?

Glamour mesmers are extremely tanky while at the same time dealing extreme amounts of damage. That’s not how thieves function.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Glamour mesmers are extremely tanky while at the same time dealing extreme amounts of damage. That’s not how thieves function.

Are you saying that a toughness/condition thief with a shortbow doesnt deal AoE damage while being very tanky and stealthy? The theif still has this option, its just that not many choose it.

Different builds, different things. A BS theif is an extreme example, just like a confusion Mesmer is. And the BS theif does 10x single target dps than the AoE based Mesmer.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)