Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I believe the issue with laurels is that WvW’ers feel like we should FINALLY be rewarded with Ascended items after being ignored for so long, and now that we have been, we have to wait ANOTHER 2-3 months to outfit ONE character for WvW.

On the other hand, PvE’ers have been running fractals, stashing laurels and globs away for such items for many months.

I finished on my mesmer a couple months ago. What’s the hold up? I’m predominantly WvW, btw.

The hold up is that I don’t want to run fractals or spend laurels to gear my characters. I have a token from killing people that should reward me better than it currently does.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

I believe the issue with laurels is that WvW’ers feel like we should FINALLY be rewarded with Ascended items after being ignored for so long, and now that we have been, we have to wait ANOTHER 2-3 months to outfit ONE character for WvW.

On the other hand, PvE’ers have been running fractals, stashing laurels and globs away for such items for many months.

I finished on my mesmer a couple months ago. What’s the hold up? I’m predominantly WvW, btw.

You’re lying! Why? → Backpiece!

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

You’re lying! Why? -> Backpiece!

OK… guilty. The ascended back piece I have… I’m not fond of the stats and don’t wear it. Yes, I’ve been busted.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I find it funny that a lot of players state that the easiest way to do the daily is WvW yes the WvW players are stating that it is too hard to get Lorals.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

The hold up is that I don’t want to run fractals or spend laurels to gear my characters. I have a token from killing people that should reward me better than it currently does.

Ah, so you admit that the hold up is a conscious choice you’re making which is interfering with you gearing your character with ascended gear that, at best, only gives a slight boost to stats and no notable advantage? Good, we’re getting somewhere.

Here’s the weird part… if you’re WvWing so much, where are your laurels? I’ve had more dailies complete by accident in WvW than I can count, and it usually take a few minutes when I’m done in WvW for the night to finish off the daily through some easy means, such as crafting food for WvW, gathering mats for superior siege, making superior siege, etc.

If you’re not mostly geared by now on one character that you’ve played regularly for any period of time the fault is not with ANet.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Eyelusion.8205

Eyelusion.8205

How are laurels only accessible to PVE players? Are there not PvP dailies too? I’m not following.

PVP != WvW.

While they did add a WvW Daily, that’s one per day, and for those who don’t touch PVE or PVP, they don’t get the monthly.

I’ll let you do the math on that one.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily

8 of those you can do without leaving WvW….you need 5 to complete a daily…I’ll let you do the math on that one.

Mek,

This is an unfair assessment. I’m a wvw player myself and every wvw player knows, or should know, that some days you can get the daily with only wvw as your snapshot dictates. But, on other days, the achievements change and are not as easy as your snapshot dictates. Some days you have to go into PVE or at least do a JP, fractal, kill 40 enemies, do 5 events or whatever in PVE.

Given it’s some days you could get a laurel in WvW and some days it required PVE, I think it’s only fair that Anet to allow a discount to those who wvw only to get their fair share. Maybe it’s a laurel discount for wvw’ers over the next 4 weeks. Something is better than nothing.

What isn’t fair is for PVE players who got so many more laurels to be able to get their wvw ascended set first because they have more laurels than a wvw player.

Picking a previously PVE, Fractal mostly currency to use now toward wvw just isn’t a good decision.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

in WvW

dangerdoom.3862

We are stating that it’s not WvW to craft or to mine or to get underwaterkills from mobs. Stop confusing yourself and those who probably need it the most, the Anet defs.

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Eh. I was looking forward to a system that was based mostly around WvW, but I regularly do my monthly/dailies so I don’t have an issue with ascended gear. I doubt I’ll even waste my WvW badges on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

The hilarious thing is if you have been doing your dailies and monthlies since the start, in lieu of crappy dungeon farming, and then buying ascended in the least expensive order, all you needed was accessories at this point, which actually became no cheaper. And still no backpack. Therefore you actually got ripped off as now all the things you bought are cheaper, but not what you don’t have yet. Somehow very predictable.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

hahaha 25 laurels for a ring, 20 laurels for a amulet
For me this is anet saying kitten U WVW

(edited by Nuvo.5014)

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

How are laurels only accessible to PVE players? Are there not PvP dailies too? I’m not following.

PVP != WvW.

While they did add a WvW Daily, that’s one per day, and for those who don’t touch PVE or PVP, they don’t get the monthly.

8 of those you can do without leaving WvW….you need 5 to complete a daily…I’ll let you do the math on that one.

Mek,

This is an unfair assessment. I’m a wvw player myself and every wvw player knows, or should know, that some days you can get the daily with only wvw as your snapshot dictates. But, on other days, the achievements change and are not as easy as your snapshot dictates. Some days you have to go into PVE or at least do a JP, fractal, kill 40 enemies, do 5 events or whatever in PVE.

Given it’s some days you could get a laurel in WvW and some days it required PVE, I think it’s only fair that Anet to allow a discount to those who wvw only to get their fair share. Maybe it’s a laurel discount for wvw’ers over the next 4 weeks. Something is better than nothing.

What isn’t fair is for PVE players who got so many more laurels to be able to get their wvw ascended set first because they have more laurels than a wvw player.

Picking a previously PVE, Fractal mostly currency to use now toward wvw just isn’t a good decision, but that’s a different subject.

Have to disagree with you there for the most part. I’ve found that anything that needs to be done outside WvW ultimately supports WvW anyhow, such as making food or superior siege or gathering the materials for superior siege. Plus they’ve added additional WvW only items for the daily and there are now three slots designated to WvW for the daily. It wasn’t hard before and it’s easier now.

Oh, laurels have nothing to do with Fractals btw.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

Ah, so you admit that the hold up is a conscious choice you’re making which is interfering with you gearing your character with ascended gear that, at best, only gives a slight boost to stats and no notable advantage? Good, we’re getting somewhere.

Here’s the weird part… if you’re WvWing so much, where are your laurels? I’ve had more dailies complete by accident in WvW than I can count, and it usually take a few minutes when I’m done in WvW for the night to finish off the daily through some easy means, such as crafting food for WvW, gathering mats for superior siege, making superior siege, etc.

If you’re not mostly geared by now on one character that you’ve played regularly for any period of time the fault is not with ANet.

You are missing the point. Laurels are for PvE’ers to use. Badges are for WvW’ers to use. Might as well remove badges as after a stack they are pointless.

in WvW

Posted by: Daethonfoot.3516

Daethonfoot.3516

People keep saying that laurels come in wvw as if it is an argument. They are thick. Laurels are for the laurel vendor in lions. They are farmed VERY SLOWLY. Stop designing a game that forces players to do fractals. Its about wvw fractal equality. Right now wvw players are second rate citizens and we’ve had enough. If I don’t want to do fractals and only want to wvw that is ok. Just be happy wvw gets more people to play your game and don’t try and force them to play fractals to not be a second class citizen of guild wars.

in WvW

Posted by: Sureshot.6725

Sureshot.6725

I already have four pieces of ascended and I only do WvW with some rare world PvE or Dragon Killing.

Keep in mind the new chests have a chance to drop ascended rings so it just got even easier.

Fractal runners definitely gear up faster and I once thought that was unfair and then I realized I geared up having fun in WvW. On the other hand, they geared up farming/grinding fractals and I realize it’s all good.

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Huh? What’s wrong? It’s FASTER than getting them in PvE. You need to do dailies (less than in pve), and they can be done in WvW easily.

Ppl will always cry lol.

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

I already have four pieces of ascended and I only do WvW with some rare world PvE or Dragon Killing.

Keep in mind the new chests have a chance to drop ascended rings so it just got even easier.

Fractal runners definitely gear up faster and I once thought that was unfair and then I realized I geared up having fun in WvW. On the other hand, they geared up farming/grinding fractals and I realize it’s all good.

Eh, they have a “chance” to drop a ring that you can’t even use, just like in Fractals right? I have friends with 10 rings they have no use for, not to mention still no Valk/Carrion stats, which is what a lot of people need.

I just wish badges were useful, sitting at almost 5k and should always be at that amount because I’ll gain them faster than I can use it to gear my character.

in WvW

Posted by: work.4610

work.4610

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Huh? What’s wrong? It’s FASTER than getting them in PvE. You need to do dailies (less than in pve), and they can be done in WvW easily.

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

10 fractals = asc ring + posi from daily. vs 25 days

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

People keep saying that laurels come in wvw as if it is an argument. They are thick. Laurels are for the laurel vendor in lions. They are farmed VERY SLOWLY. Stop designing a game that forces players to do fractals. Its about wvw fractal equality. Right now wvw players are second rate citizens and we’ve had enough. If I don’t want to do fractals and only want to wvw that is ok. Just be happy wvw gets more people to play your game and don’t try and force them to play fractals to not be a second class citizen of guild wars.

Of course it’s an argument. I get as many laurels as someone that never steps foot in WvW. Aside from a back piece (that I wear), I have all ascended items for my mesmer.

NOTHING requires you to do Fractals. Forget Fractals. They have nothing to do with anything. They’ve served as the primary method to obtain ascended rings, but not the only method. If you choose not to do them, there’s a less cost-effective means by using laurels. Now there’s also WvW leveling chests and a chance at them there. You cannot get accessories or amulets in Fractals. Amulets have, as their primary means of purchase, dailies and laurels. You can, IIRC, also get them with guild tokens from guild missions, but they’re not cost-effective to do so. However, for accessories, guild missions and the like are the most cost-effective means of getting them. If you choose not to get them that way, you can spend laurels and ectos as a less cost-effective means.

Now the fun part. Ascended is meant to be acquired slowly, not overnight. The pace of acquiring laurels helps control this. Exotics – instant access. Ascended – requires a time investment. Legendary – quit your day job, you have a new one.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You are missing the point. Laurels are for PvE’ers to use. Badges are for WvW’ers to use. Might as well remove badges as after a stack they are pointless.

No…

Badges are for PvE’rs to use. Every dungeon in the game comes with its own currency.

Laurels are something that anyone can get. Even if you want to pull the WvW card, you’d still have 75% of the Laurels of someone who did every daily/monthly ever as most could be done entirely within a borderland. I know because the only time I left a borderland to do my daily was for the ambient creature slaying because I could kill 100 frogs in 30 seconds in the swamp as opposed to hunting racoons for 20mins. Aside from that, I did all my daily achievements in borderlands and if you didn’t, that was an error on your part. No one elses.

in WvW

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

The greens in the level chests are insulting. It should be rare and above or nothing.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

The greens in the level chests are insulting. It should be rare and above or nothing.

You can level up multiple times per day, and with double WvW experience now that will happen even faster. Rares as a minimum would have been too much.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Badges are to what dungeon tokens are in PvE. Laurels are for everyone. And like VOLKON and other have said earlier, laurels are extremely easy to get, IF you can spend 5-10 extra minutes just doing something other than chasing red, IN WvW.

Guild commendations are another way to get ascended gear, but if you choose not to do it, obviously, it will take you longer to get the same amount of gear as someone who does. I’m pretty sure there are PvP guilds that always do missions to get merits.

Most of you don’t realize that Amulets, and accessories are actually quicker to get on WvW. PvErs have to do 30 days worth of dailies to get them, while WvW players get them in 20 ( badge cost is inconsequential). The only thing PvE gets more of is rings, and thats when they do fractals. To balance this ANet gave us the WvW rank chests.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Eyelusion.8205

PVP != WvW.

Mek,

Picking a previously PVE, Fractal mostly currency to use now toward wvw just isn’t a good decision, but that’s a different subject.

Have to disagree with you there for the most part. I’ve found that anything that needs to be done outside WvW ultimately supports WvW anyhow, such as making food or superior siege or gathering the materials for superior siege. Plus they’ve added additional WvW only items for the daily and there are now three slots designated to WvW for the daily. It wasn’t hard before and it’s easier now.

Laurels are a PVE, Fractal based currency rather than a wvw currency before this patch is what I was saying. I still believe that is true.

As for doing PVE outside of wvw to support wvw, that’s true if you choose to do that. However, you can still get your superior siege crafter in wvw and you can still gather mithril oil and elder wood for superior siege and craft it in a forge in wvw too. You don’t have to go PVE for those as you suggest.

As for adding wvw to the dailies, yes, this helps going forward. But it still doesn’t address the potentail stockpile of laurels a PVE only player has over a WvW only player when it comes to completing dailies.

Originally, if I was told I would have to run PVE almost every day to support myself in WvW, I’m not sure I would have tried this game out to be honest. Looking back, it’s easy to see how I can stock up on laurels to spend on the current WvW ascended. But, what about those WvW players that didn’t do PVE to support their WvW? Using laurels as compensation gives the PVE who now goes WvW a potential big advantage over the strictly WvW player. It should not be this way. WvW players should have a distinct advantage in getting WvW gear over a PVE player, in my opinion.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

PVP != WvW.

Mek,

Laurels are a PVE, Fractal based currency rather than a wvw currency before this patch is what I was saying. I still believe that is true.

Laurels are from Dailies, not Fractals. You could never and still can’t get laurels from Fractals. I think you may have your currencies confused.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Meh.

My problem is that these higher stats were allowed into WvW in the first place, when part of the reason I gravitated towards this game was the promise I wouldn’t have to spend 3 forevers grinding to acquire BiS gear for my characters, especially for a PvP environment, where I’d like to think I’m killing because I’m good at the game, not because I have some stupid trinkets.

But that ship has sailed.

in WvW

Posted by: gvaughn.4163

gvaughn.4163

So you want Anet to just give you 47 chests? Nice thought, but not gonna happen. I can’t think of a game that introduces new rewards for something and then retroactively gives everyone that reward. I’m honestly surprised they’re even giving an extra chest per level.

Finishing a daily takes about 5 minutes and are even faster in wvw when they are killing champs / vets and player kills.

This is possibly the silliest bunch of complaining I’ve seen in this game.

HoD

in WvW

dangerdoom.3862

No…

Badges are for PvE’rs to use. Every dungeon in the game comes with its own currency.

Laurels are something that anyone can get. Even if you want to pull the WvW card, you’d still have 75% of the Laurels of someone who did every daily/monthly ever as most could be done entirely within a borderland. I know because the only time I left a borderland to do my daily was for the ambient creature slaying because I could kill 100 frogs in 30 seconds in the swamp as opposed to hunting racoons for 20mins. Aside from that, I did all my daily achievements in borderlands and if you didn’t, that was an error on your part. No one elses.

First of all this is bs because it’s only since idk what patch we could do everything in WvW. Crafting/killing mobs/gathering is not WvW. If you count like this we lost 90% of our laurels.

(edited by dangerdoom.3862)

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

Meh.

My problem is that these higher stats were allowed into WvW in the first place, when part of the reason I gravitated towards this game was the promise I wouldn’t have to spend 3 forevers grinding to acquire BiS gear for my characters, especially for a PvP environment, where I’d like to think I’m killing because I’m good at the game, not because I have some stupid trinkets.

But that ship has sailed.

If people were this worried about not having BiS gear, and being rolled by someone who does, then they would have invested time to get to an even footing.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

People love to complain about the most inane junk. In WvW you can finish off the daily in the same or LESS time than a PvE’r can. Monthlies are arguably even easier(with all the vet, event and player kills required) for WvW players.

The people complaining about having badges but not laurels(as if that is something exclusive to WvW)…that’s your own fault: 99% of the time I have 4/5 of my daily done in WvW within a few minutes and the other 1/5 is done in LA. If you have less laurels, that’s because you either don’t understand how to do dailies or because you simply didn’t do them. Blame yourself, not the game.

in WvW

Eyelusion.8205

PVP != WvW.

Mek,

Laurels are from Dailies, not Fractals. You could never and still can’t get laurels from Fractals. I think you may have your currencies confused.

I see where you are coming from. For clarification, I’m speaking of getting laurels to buy ascended to do fractals, not doing fractals to get laurels. As ascended is required for fractals to get thru the agony resist or you can’t do any higher level fractals.

Ele’s Pwn J00!

in WvW

TainoFuerte.8136

If people were this worried about not having BiS gear, and being rolled by someone who does, then they would have invested time to get to an even footing.

They probably did.

That they actually had to is the very problem.

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

No…

First of all this is bs because it’s only since idk what patch we could do everything in WvW. Crafting/killing mobs/gathering is not WvW. If you count like this we lost 90% of our laurels.

So capping a camp with NPCs that go towards your daily is not WvW? Crafting food to be competitive in WvW is not WvW? Gathering mithril and elder wood for superior siege is not WvW?

Kitten, I am a PvE player….

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

You get the possibilty for a ring from world xp too.

The only thing a WvWer doesn’t get is the ability to cash out 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. In exchange for this, your items come at a discount in laurels.

The only other legitimate arugment anyone has is the backpiece, and since those can be crafted, you’re going to have a tough time winning that argument.

What you people need to realize is that you’re not entitled to anything. You shouldn’t be forgotten when the time comes to hand out loot, but you shouldn’t get it for free either.

PvE’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.
PvP’rs now have a method to get ascended gear.

While these 2 overlap slightly, you can still get your gear strictly from one way or the other in the next patch. If you want to get the gear at a reasonable pace, you’ll have to work for it. It’s not going to be handed to you.

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

This patch is great. Earrings are still a pain, but that’s what it is in PvE (or you can do the guild things, still takes a while)

The new Oil Mastery looks really interesting… Larger area, more damage, removes siege, 33% damage reduction and projectile blocking (anyone know what the recharge on the 3 skill is for oil?).

chance to get ascended and precursors from chests… also nice!

really liking the sound of this update.

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

No…

First of all this is bs because it’s only since idk what patch we could do everything in WvW. Crafting/killing mobs/gathering is not WvW. If you count like this we lost 90% of our badges.

Crafting certainly connects to WvW and you can craft in WvW. I make my own foods for example. Gathering feeds into creating superior siege in the Mystic Forge. Mobs… those poor mobs tend to fall victim when zergs collide. When I see the “kill 13 different types of mobs” one, I chalk that up and a given. Same with the “40 kills”… players count for that. (Wait… is it 40 or a different number? I forget. Maybe confusing with 10 players…) Regardless, it was easy and now it’s easier to get your daily without having to leave WvW.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

They probably did.

That they actually had to is the very problem.

No they didn’t, because the difference was very little, or trust me the hardcore PvPers would have farmed that fractals till they got the BiS

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

PVP != WvW.

Mek,

I see where you are coming from. For clarification, I’m speaking of getting laurels to buy ascended to do fractals, not doing fractals to get laurels. As ascended is required for fractals to get thru the agony resist or you can’t do any higher level fractals.

The agony resist rings you get from doing Fractals. These let you get further in Fractals where they’re needed. The first 10 levels you don’t even have to worry about agony at all, and it’s not until 20 or 30 where you start to need it.

The rings you buy with laurels don’t have agony resist on them. Someone choosing that route for them… there are better ways.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

The only thing a WvWer doesn’t get is the ability to cash out 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. In exchange for this, your items come at a discount in laurels.

The only other legitimate arugment anyone has is the backpiece, and since those can be crafted, you’re going to have a tough time winning that argument.

What you people need to realize is that you’re not entitled to anything. You shouldn’t be forgotten when the time comes to hand out loot, but you shouldn’t get it for free either.

While these 2 overlap slightly, you can still get your gear strictly from one way or the other in the next patch. If you want to get the gear at a reasonable pace, you’ll have to work for it. It’s not going to be handed to you.

You kill mobs in fractal and get rings (lot’s of them). I kill enemies in www and won’t get rings. Doesn’t sound fair to me.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

No…

First of all this is bs because it’s only since idk what patch we could do everything in WvW. Crafting/killing mobs/gathering is not WvW. If you count like this we lost 90% of our badges.

Crafting certainly connects to WvW and you can craft in WvW. I make my own foods for example. Gathering feeds into creating superior siege in the Mystic Forge. Mobs… those poor mobs tend to fall victim when zergs collide. When I see the “kill 13 different types of mobs” one, I chalk that up and a given. Same with the “40 kills”… players count for that. (Wait… is it 40 or a different number? I forget. Maybe confusing with 10 players…) Regardless, it was easy and now it’s easier to get your daily without having to leave WvW.

It’s something like “40 kills” which isn’t always a daily, but the “kill 10 enemy players” is always a daily. When you get both of those for a daily then that’s an easy 2/5 because a simple zerg v zerg will net you both of those in a few seconds.

in WvW

Posted by: Tekyn.5376

Tekyn.5376

Hopefully someone already said it because i’m going to say it again….

ArenaNet is forcing everyone to run Fractals

“I feel like I’m getting trolled here. Good day sir.”
- John Smith, ArenaNet in-house economist

in WvW

TainoFuerte.8136

No they didn’t, because the difference was very little, or trust me the hardcore PvPers would have farmed that fractals till they got the BiS

Uh, yes they did. I got my ascended gear so I could keep up. In an even battle, even the smallest stat differences can have an impact. That’s why people buy food and run with 25 stacks of bloodlust/whatever.

But then again, I suppose it doesn’t matter for WvW if you are killing guards and gathering mithril for Dailies/Siege as part of “PvP”.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Hopefully someone already said it because i’m going to say it again….

You’re welcome to say it, but that won’t make it true. It does make you look silly however, so if you’re going for that, well done indeed!

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Kronyx.2570

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

You kill mobs in fractal and get rings (lot’s of them). I kill enemies in www and won’t get rings. Doesn’t sound fair to me.

I don’t see PvErs asking for badges of honors while killing risen for their Gift Of Battle.

Some loot will always be exclusive.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Uh, yes they did. I got my ascended gear so I could keep up. In an even battle, even the smallest stat differences can have an impact. That’s why people buy food and run with 25 stacks of bloodlust/whatever.

But then again, I suppose it doesn’t matter for WvW if you are killing guards and gathering mithril for Dailies.

I got ascended gear as it became available to me. I kept up by being good at my mesmer.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

I don’t see PvErs asking for badges of honors while killing risen for their Gift Of Battle.

Some loot will always be exclusive.

Why anybody would want badges and wtf is gift of battle?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

TainoFuerte.8136

I got ascended gear as it became available to me. I kept up by being good at my mesmer.

Ok?

Are you agreeing or trying to refute my statement by insinuating that you can “keep up” simply by being good without BiS gear? I imagine then, that you often run around in WvW in whites, since to keep up one need only skill?

in WvW

Atherakhia.4086

Ppl will always cry lol.

WOW!

You haven’t run fractals I imagine.

I kill a ton of mobs for a chance at a ring once a day.
You kill a ton of players for a chance at a ring once a day.

As I said… the only legitimate complaint anyone has in this thread is the fact that PvE’rs can cash in 10 pristine fractals for a ring of their choice. On the flip side, if you choose to use laurels for the same gear, you get a sizable discount for doing it in WvW.

The only other complaint you have is the backpiece which you can craft, so I’m not even sure you have a legitimate point there.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

Yeah new way to earn WR without any fight …. amazing ;/

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Ok?

Are you agreeing or trying to refute my statement by insinuating that you can “keep up” simply by being good without BiS gear? I imagine then, that you often run around in WvW in whites, since to keep up one need only skill?

Keep up? Kept up. Have ascended now. Never was a issue. The 5% to 7% increase in overall damage (ideal) tends to be negated with a single well timed dodge or interruption during a single fight. Hell, any damage spent hitting clones and phantasms instead of me is added bonus.

The difference between whites and exotics is far more notable than the minor increase from exotics to ascended.

#TeamJadeQuarry