Patchnotes regarding WvW, May 28th

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

I wonder what you people actually have done in WvW before this update.
I have yet to find a single day where I couldn’t complete my daily by only doing WvW.

Tbf I dont think running around gathering plants is “wvw” just cause it happens to be available on the map. There are other things as well which arent specific to wvw that you had to do to finish the daily.

I have a full set of ascended gear for my warrior and have had this for over a month now so frankly I dont care about any of this. But I do wvw every day for 3+ hours a day, and according to my monthly I have only completed 4 dailies this month, and at least 2 of them were in spvp. So no, you dont get the daily by doing just wvw, you get the daily by going out of your way to do some tedious task which serves no purpose and is not fun. But hey, its my choice to not do them, which is why I am not complaining because I obtained what I wanted anyways, just pointing out the difference though.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I have yet to find a single day where I couldn’t complete my daily by only doing WvW.

Cause I don’t just leave commander randomly for repairing a wall, killing a moa, etc?

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in WvW

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Tbf I dont think running around gathering plants is “wvw” just cause it happens to be available on the map. There are other things as well which arent specific to wvw that you had to do to finish the daily.

I have a full set of ascended gear for my warrior and have had this for over a month now so frankly I dont care about any of this. But I do wvw every day for 3+ hours a day, and according to my monthly I have only completed 4 dailies this month, and at least 2 of them were in spvp. So no, you dont get the daily by doing just wvw, you get the daily by going out of your way to do some tedious task which serves no purpose and is not fun. But hey, its my choice to not do them, which is why I am not complaining because I obtained what I wanted anyways, just pointing out the difference though.

and basically this. I value server more than my personal daily.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

Yeeeeaahh new gear rewards, this will make wvw funny again!

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

the new backpack from southsun can be ascended without a “vial” (not glob)

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Karma and BoH are the 2 things we get, why not use them, I have alot of people in my guild working kitten there gift of battle, I have it+ a few extra stacks,

for WvW players using BoH and karma to get Ascended gear is pretty easy, for a PvE player it would be pretty hard.

For A WvW player it would be the same as a PvE player, but harder for the PvE player.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

We included the laurel cost to prevent the economy from suddenly being blown out and to not invalidate the ways PvE players can get ascended items already. This system means that it is faster to get them in WvW, especially for players who already have badges, without being so much faster that everyone only gets them in this manner. As for the difficulty of acquiring laurels in WvW, we have taken steps to address that, including the fact that there will always be 3 daily achievements that are WvW specific. Speaking personally, I’ve been able to achieve my dailies in WvW even without that change, but this should make it even easier.

You could’ve reduced the laurel cost by another 5-10 laurels and increase the badge cost by about 750 badges. Good luck to the PvE players trying to get ascended gear by using the ‘easy way,’ because they’d have to commit to WvW for a good duration to get that amount of badges. Us, on the other hand, are still stuck with many thousands of badges, always hoping they’ll actually be useful to buy valuable stuff.

Edit: You might as well have removed the badge cost completely, because by the time we’ve collected 20+ laurels we’ll have gotten a LOT more badges, as such only increasing the amount of this still fairly pointless currency in our bank.

By making ascended cost 750 badges you are kittening over people in lower tiers. I use all of my badges on siege so that I don’t need to be dirt poor. People in the highest tiers have thousands of badges because they can get it easily. The zergs up there are constant and have many more people that our zergs.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

and basically this. I value server more than my personal daily.

I think your server can live without you for all of the 2 minutes combined it takes to finish a daily.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

Devon when are u guys fixing the siege problem?

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ah a fan boy, it’s not to much to ask for the game to work right. to actully test a patch before applying it. Lag and GW2.exe crashs are destroying gameplay.

It was a genuine question, since you apparently have so much knowledge about coding a large-scale MMO and such, one would assume that you had put that knowledge to use.

Anyone with any kind of clue about development is fully aware that no matter how much you test something, it might end up doing something when put into the live version.
The lag is most likely client-site (as in the users connection) rather than server-side since not all people are effected by it, and the crashes might have something to do with the users computer or corrupted files as well, since there seem to be quite few people reporting constant crashes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Thurin.5610

Thurin.5610

Under what rock are u hiding, Clientside lag ? are u on low server or something ?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

So does rings still cost laurels or have they changed it already?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There’s still a laurel option to buy rings if that’s what you’re asking.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

There’s still a laurel option to buy rings if that’s what you’re asking.

But is there badge option without laurels?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Nope.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Nope.

Any info when it comes? I need rings, but i don’t waste laurels.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Ay info when it comes? I need rings, but i don’t waste laurels.

Most likely never.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Nope.

Any info when it comes? I need rings, but i don’t waste laurels.

If you “need” them, it isn’t a waste. All ascended gear is meant to fill the “acquisition time gap” between exotics and legendary items. Removing the laurels removes the time requirement for the items.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Removing the laurels removes the time requirement for the items.

Sounds good to me. Make it so #1.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

How about you make it so that ascended items purchased with fractal tokens also require badges of honor? Makes sense right? Or items bought from guild missions should also require badges of honor.

Oooooh you don’t want to WvW to get your gear… I see. Makes perfect sense. So why do I have to pve to get mine?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Oooooh you don’t want to WvW to get your gear… I see. Makes perfect sense. So why do I have to pve to get mine?

But you don’t. You can get laurels in WvW without much trouble.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Why there should be time requirement for ring? PvE players got 4month or something head start anyways.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

So how about we make it so that the purchase of fractal ascended gear also requires laurels. That will make it even except for the fact that pve players still get back pieces and have had ascended gear available to them for six months.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So how about we make it so that the purchase of fractal ascended gear also requires laurels. That will make it even except for the fact that pve players still get back pieces and have had ascended gear available to them for six months.

You do know that you can’t get all Ascended items by only doing Fractals, right?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Beachead.4127

But you don’t. You can get laurels in WvW without much trouble.

Except I have to wait 25 days. Make it so players buying ascended gear with fractals also require laurels and I might call it even.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Except I have to wait 25 days. Make it so players buying ascended gear with fractals also require laurels and I might call it even.

You do?
What happened to all the Laurels you have gotten before the patch?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Beachead.4127

The point I am making is that pve players don’t have to wait on dailies. Why do WvW players have to wait on dailies? Why can’t badges be the same as fractals? Why can’t the laurel system stay as it is, fractal gear requires fractal tokens and WvW gear requires badges. Why do we get stuck with currency that requires waiting for the next day?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Beachead.4127

You do?

Pretend I am a new player… If I do fractals, I can get all ascended gear in 30 days. If I WvW I have to wait 150 days or more. If I go on vacation or miss a daily, I have to wait longer.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Then you have the problem we had before which resulted in ascended gear being introduced… there was nothing to “do” progression-wise in some people’s mind once they had exotics because legendary felt so out of reach.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

You do?

Pretend I am a new player… If I do fractals, I can get all ascended gear in 30 days. If I WvW I have to wait 150 days or more. If I go on vacation or miss a daily, I have to wait longer.

No, you can’t. You’re wrong. You cannot get all ascended gear in 30 days doing Fractals. Only the rings. Period. Fractals does not give you laurels or guild commendations.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Then you have the problem we had before which resulted in ascended gear being introduced… there was nothing to “do” progression-wise in some people’s mind once they had exotics because legendary felt so out of reach.

Except that we have been waiting six months. Why does it have to roll out slowly for us when every pver already has all their ascended gear.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

That does not bother me in the slightest.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

That does not bother me in the slightest.

You, maybe not. However the whole stench of “no end game, we wantz moar gearz!” was reeking up the forums for far too long. Carrot-addicts. Sheesh.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

Except that we have been waiting six months. Why does it have to roll out slowly for us when every pver already has all their ascended gear.

I’ve been doing my dailies. I have all ascended gear with the exception of a back piece that has stats I like. I like to think I qualify as a WvW player, although some may argue that. Laurels never held me back nor should they hold anyone back (aside from the intended pacing, of course).

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

So.. if they add Ascended gear for crafting they should be craft-able for free? Because those that focus on crafting and trading have been waiting for a long time?

People that felt the need to get Ascended gear have gotten it already, no matter if they are a PvE or WvW-player (you have been able to complete dailies in WvW since the patch that introduced Laurels after all).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Beachead.4127

I can’t explain it any more clearly. Others have too. Take out the fact that other systems are in place.. This is not a pure WvW way to get ascended gear. You have pure pve ways that do not require a time sensitive currency. But to obtain this gear in WvW solely, you have laurels.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

I can’t explain it any more clearly. Others have too. Take out the fact that other systems are in place.. This is not a pure WvW way to get ascended gear. You have pure pve ways that do not require a time sensitive currency. But to obtain this gear in WvW solely, you have laurels.

Here’s the part that you can’t seem to grasp that is making your attempts at an explanation fail:

Laurels are not PvE only.

Laurels are obtained through dailies. Dailies can be accomplished both in PvE and WvW. Laurels are as WvW as they are PvE. It’s really that simply. On any given day, if I didn’t complete my daily in WvW (and I often did) then I completed it after leaving WvW briefly doing something that suppliments WvW, such as the gathering (for superior siege) or crafting (food, siege in the Forge, etc.).

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Here’s the part that you can’t seem to grasp that is making your attempts at an explanation fail:

Laurels are obtained through dailies. Dailies can be accomplished both in PvE and WvW. Laurels are as WvW as they are PvE. It’s really that simply. On any given day, if I didn’t complete my daily in WvW (and I often did) then I completed it after leaving WvW briefly doing something that suppliments WvW, such as the gathering (for superior siege) or crafting (food, siege in the Forge, etc.).

Sigh, again laurels are time sensitive. I can only obtain 38-41 laurels a month. Why don’t fractal vendors require laurels?

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We don’t care. We’ve waited 6 months already. Now we’re waiting even longer.

…and we’re not happy about it.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Because you wasted your laurels on other stuff?
That is not the games fault.

I had a fully outfitted (except the back-item) character before this patch, and yet I still had 54 Laurels that I could use for my WvW character and give him two items, including infusions.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Because you wasted your laurels on other stuff?

Nope. On my main I’m missing only one accessory and the back piece. Now I find out I can’t get either of those items with badges of honor. I also can’t start to equip my alts either because of these kittening laurels.

Yes, I really did expect to have access to all those things with this patch.

…and I’m not happy about it.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Nope. On my main I’m missing only one accessory and the back piece. Now I find out I can’t get either of those items with badges of honor. I also can’t start to equip my alts either because of these kittening laurels.

Yes, I really did expect to have access to all those things with this patch.

…and I’m not happy about it.

So you simply expected to have to work way less than people doing PvE because you were a WvW:er? Fun thing is you actually DO have to work less, since the laurel cost is quite a bit lower on the items that can be bought with badges + laurels.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

If you’ve waited six months you’ve no one to blame but yourself. Seriously, waited for what? Ascended gear with badges only? Did you really think that you’d have access to ascended gear, the mid-level time-sink items, instantly because you had badges? I got my ascended gear just fine, and I din’t need no stinkin’ badges.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Sigh, again laurels are time sensitive. I can only obtain 38-41 laurels a month. Why don’t fractal vendors require laurels?

Because the pristine relics themselves are time sensitive.

This thread is divided into people who took advantage of all the content and its rewards and those that didn’t. Simple as that.

Guild missions is PvE? Seriously? WvW/PvP guilds do it all the time for merits to buy banners and other upgrades FOR WvW.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Because the pristine relics themselves are time sensitive.

This thread is divided into people who took advantage of all the content and its rewards and those that didn’t. Simple as that.

Guild missions is PvE? Seriously? WvW/PvP guilds do it all the time for merits to buy banners and other upgrades FOR WvW.

Time sensitive in that I have to wait 24 hours for the next laurel. Where as I can dump a ton of time into fractals with out worry of a timer.

Don’t get the two confused. Now go back to your worship of Anet.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I thought for fractals you only get pristines from the daily anyways? I haven’t done them much, but thats what I understood..so that’s still a daily. Fractals gets more rings to drop, but they’re not guaranteed to be the ones you want. The Laurels buy you the ascended piece of gear that you WANT, its not just a box containing a random ascended ring or something.

My biggest dispairty about the new laurel vendors for WvW is that they should offer some cool WvW-based non-ascended stuff. The PvE vendors have the infinite cat tonic..why not an infinite golem tonic (or infinite supply dolyak tonic!)? Not everyone cares about ascended, but would still love to be able to do different things with our badges!

In the end, all this bickering about ascended is silly, since a full raid in ascended isn’t going to beat a full raid in exotics just because they have ascended. The different in stats isn’t that much (I think it’d be something like replacing an exotic GS with a rare GS or so…), so if you have to wait, it’s not a huge thing. Just get them when you can…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Laurel
1 per day

Pristine relics

First get you character to level 10 fractal. Will take at least a day.
Then get 1 pristine relic a day
Getting more characters to level 10. Few more days
Getting those characters to level 20. A week
Then spending 8-10 hours a day to get 3-6 pristine relics a day

Conclusion

Getting a laurel takes 5 mins of work.
Getting pristine relics take weeks of preparation.

I agree that there should be some way for WvW players to pick the ring they want w/o doing fractals. But laurels are exactly where they should be. Apart from the rings. WvW players get their amulets faster then PvErs. Guild missions is for everyone. Tough luck if you don’t do it.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Laurel
1 per day

Pristine relics

First get you character to level 10 fractal. Will take at least a day.
Then get 1 pristine relic a day
Getting more characters to level 10. Few more days
Getting those characters to level 20. A week
Then spending 8-10 hours a day to get 3-6 pristine relics a day

Conclusion

Getting a laurel takes 5 mins of work.
Getting pristine relics take weeks of preparation.

I agree that there should be some way for WvW players to pick the ring they want w/o doing fractals. But laurels are exactly where they should be. Apart from the rings. WvW players get their amulets faster then PvErs. Guild missions is for everyone. Tough luck if you don’t do it.

Time sensitive in that I have to wait 24 hours for the next laurel. Where as I can dump a ton of time into fractals with out worry of a timer.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

VOLKON.1290

And get what exactly?

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

But you really have to wait 24 hours to get the next pristine fractal too. What you’re talking about is the farming constantly of fractals to try to get a RNG ascended ring. However, theres no guarantee thakittens the one you want…and from what people in my guild have experienced, you might have to farm for weeks to get the one that you like. So, I don’t see why you’re stuck on the 24 hours thing, when the pristine relics are the same way…

Plus, I don’t see why you’re so obsessed with getting the fractals piece. The stat increase isn’t that big…the only main purpose I’d see getting a WvW fractals piece is for the WvW infusion. Plus, the deal with fractals is ONLY for the rings..for the rest, they have the same waiting problem we have. Guild commendations will probably get you them the fastest for non-rings. Seriously, just wait it out, get them when you can…there’s no gear inspection or ANYTHING in this game, and its not like people can kick you out of WvW, or kick you off an AC, or kick you out of a keep if you don’t have full pink accessories.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300