Ruins of Surmia-Gunnar's Hold-Dzagonur

in WvW

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

I have to thank xxx too for the fights. Very good skills and you seem like decent people at the forums too:)

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Haha Freyn is that 3 uplevelled rangers fighting a BNF ranger? Almost not worth complaining about

in WvW

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

It is indeed Jimmety Jim Jim. We were fighting each other, and RoS decided to join in – so naturally everyone turned on them (pretty common occurrence tbh).

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

BNF got ranger in guild? MUST. FIGHT. HIM.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in WvW

Genotix.6804

Lol Freyn, impressive:)

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

BNF got ranger in guild? MUST. FIGHT. HIM.

It’s Nubu’s alt, but they do have another one I believe

Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

I know, I know…
I’m sometimes very ashamed of what my server mates say or do…

To lighten the mood, here is a very happy party of happy players doing happy things:

Attachments:

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

They do look happy!

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

Whatever makes them happy

in WvW

Posted by: zonderbon.5871

zonderbon.5871

Ofc they’re happy, they killed that lame surmian (one man) blob all by themselves! They should be proud!

Feras Pridestalker/Acamar Blazeclaw of <Waking January>, the in-game and real-life band!

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

It’s not like RoF are taking a week off or something, we don’t want to tier up, but we’re doing our best. Arborstone can pull surprisingly big numbers (they won the reset with 40-50 man zerg on EACH borderland). If they put a bit more organization into these numbes and convinced people to bring more fully levelled/geared characters, they could actually win this matchup. If you take a look at pie chart at MOS, Arbor are ticking +285 atm and RoF morning crew was giving us a lot of points in GH-Dzagonur-RoF matchups

Anya is right, I was also quite surprised at the numbers Arborstone was fielding on all maps, especially during the weekend. I think they got some transfers in, maybe just due to the free trial weekend. The Frenchies are unsurprisingly not very active in the english matchup thread and we didnt play them for some weeks so I am not really in a position to compare. But we are not holding back for the sake of not wanting to get back to T7.
You also have to take into consideration that we are green for the first time again after nearly two months. That means that plenty of non regulars are in wvw for map completion now. That becomes painfully obvious on our own Borderlands.
Many times our BL was getting picked apart and I couldnt waypoint over there because it was full. While trying to take back our stuff, I could see, there werent as much people there as last week following the commanders because they were working on map completion rather than contributing.
Our Borderlands looked better in our match up against you guys than now in T8 and we didnt have a major shift in population, both times we had a queue in our Borderlands. So there is only 2 conclusions why we arent dominating in T7 as much as everybody (including myself):
-AS+WSR are actually not that much worse than GH+ROS
-RoF arent as good as last week

And I think its the latter. Our wvw population might even got a little bump this week from our Pve´s but that doesnt give our overall performance much of a boost.
During prime time, we always have a queue on EB but we cant really achieve much. We have SM propably 80-90% of the time, our keep and our 4 upgraded towers. Those get flipped very rarely during prime time. But also WSR and AS can hold their corners most of the time, even though their camps and towers get flipped more frequently.
Yesterday, some time between about 6-9pm, their was a stretch of over 2 hours where only camps flipped colors on whole EB, no towers or keeps and it wasnt for the lack of trying from all 3 servers. We had a queue and AS must have as well, WSR seems to fall a bit off, population wise.
I was very proud of us, how we performed as a server in T7 against you guys, even though we got a beating most of the weeks.
Now we are the server in the lead and after 2 months of being the underdog that just takes some adjustment on our side. We are just not used to defend SM effectively or take advantage of its position for our attacks.

I love trebbing and after so many weeks as red, I know all the right spots for treb-placement in Overlook but I didnt get much chance to gain the same experience in Stonemist. Yesterday I was building a treb on the upper eastern balcony to hit Durios only to discover that if you build it too close to the edge, it can be ranged from players hugging the outside wall of SM.

OK, this starts to become a reinforced wall of text, so before someone trebs it down, i gonna stop here.

Lootbags to all,

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Shimdroid.2765

Shimdroid.2765

I would like to say one thing in defense of RoF: Italian community there has some numbers, and more than 2 commanders are Italian too; fact is, that days from 4/25 to 5/1 in Italy are vacation days when they come with sunday and saturday in between. So people luckier than me spend these days away from home and from wvw. I’m not saying only Italians play wvw, but this could be the cause you guys see less dedicated wvw’ers online.

in WvW

Posted by: alkalone.5798

alkalone.5798

Hi there,

We are coming from Arbostone. And I can assure you, and it is good for all french servers, people play when they think they can win.
They lost NOM but earn 2 guilds like Tz. Tz are very numberous, not very skilled, but enough to RoF.
It seems that the possibility to win + french hollydays (since this week-end) help Arbostone on this match-up. They can’t win this because they got a little nightcap and they need more skill and organisation to do it.
I’m pretty sure they will hold the T8 but they can’t do anything on T7.

[MoS] Alkalone | Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Vynt.5218

Vynt.5218

I would like to say one thing in defense of RoF: Italian community there has some numbers, and more than 2 commanders are Italian too; fact is, that days from 4/25 to 5/1 in Italy are vacation days when they come with sunday and saturday in between. So people luckier than me spend these days away from home and from wvw. I’m not saying only Italians play wvw, but this could be the cause you guys see less dedicated wvw’ers online.

Are you trying to get XxX there now? ;D sounds a bit like that lawl

in WvW

Posted by: Shimdroid.2765

Shimdroid.2765

I don’t know about people asking other guilds to join RoF: I spend more time on forums than ingame sadly, so I can’t answer your question.

in WvW

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

I don’t know about people asking other guilds to join RoF: I spend more time on forums than ingame sadly, so I can’t answer your question.

Does sound like one heck of a nice & sneaky advertisement! xD

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Neil.6138

Neil.6138

From the guild raid leader of tonight, a few thanks!
– Salute from PRXM to SWAT in EB this evening. You fought bravely, each time.
– It was also great to fight XxX – …
All in all good fights in EB this evening. We ended up more than happy, and with more than full bags :-)

A few of the fights from the evening, excluding [SWAT] (for now). More later.

Casual. PRXM Vs RoS, Dz and [xXx].

My PVP videos
Staff Ele Organised WvW Guide
The Frenzied Few [RAGE], Gunnars Hold.

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

We run a bit with a PSY Mesmer once, was really really hard. Hitting us with confusion, i had to take care to not use epidemie etc! Also i didn’t even left the circle to grant him Sentrys because i didn’t comprehend the situation at that point

Otherwise surly fun idea to run a 3 Server group around a Borderland and try to to fight every server you encounter

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

Nice Blob GH is running in EB atm cheers guys you made the game less fun for the rest of the night.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

in WvW

Posted by: Zekter.6314

Zekter.6314

Nice Blob RoS is running in EB atm cheers guys you made the game less fun for the rest of the night.

Edit: Since I don’t think you’ll actually understand the sarcasm; freaking hell just stop complaining about blobs when every server has them

(edited by Zekter.6314)

in WvW

Posted by: Nemesys.7251

Nemesys.7251

From the guild raid leader of tonight, a few thanks!
– Salute from PRXM to SWAT in EB this evening. You fought bravely, each time.
– It was also great to fight XxX – …
All in all good fights in EB this evening. We ended up more than happy, and with more than full bags :-)

A few of the fights from the evening, excluding [SWAT] (for now). More later.

Casual. PRXM Vs RoS, Dz and [xXx].

Nem Bloodworthy[XxX]

http://oncewerenoobs.shivtr.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Nice Blob GH is running in EB atm cheers guys you made the game less fun for the rest of the night.

It’s alright mate, instead of worrying about it just use it as an opportunity to learn, adapt and improve as a player

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Wow, that alliance claim came quicker than I thought! Now, I’d better do this post right in a format that can be understood.

Dear Player,

On behalf of Impact Ltd. I would like to apologise for giggle about my and my associates actions which led to the alliance concerns. We maintain a close relationship with our competitors in the BNF development company located on the ‘Dzagonur’ sector, and feel it healthy to keep a friendly atmosphere. As such we today engaged in some fiendish hunting team building exercises against one of their employee’s, around the Golanta supply camp.

Unfortunately this was interrupted by an uninvited guest abysmally unskilled local resident attempting to harvest some easy funds, so a mutual decision was reached that in order to maintain the most possible enjoyment for both our parties we should remove this problem post haste shoot him in the face and wait for his reaction.

I can only hope to assure you that these outings were made in a bid for both our corporations to draw the most possible fun from the current business environment that we are forced to operate in. I would like to recommend that once your course in advanced counting is complete (4 != 6) that your corporation runs a similar programme.

Please find attached an alliance souvenir screenshot.

Sincerely,
Freyn.
Head of the “Not-caring” division of Impact Ltd.

Just incase you didn’t get it – we actually get on with our opponents, there was 4 people, you tried to kill a lowbie while standing inside a bunch of 82 guards (with other RoS present including a commander from [LT]), we fought back. I normally try and maintain a non-trolling/sensible posting manner, but this latest post was just so hilarious I couldn’t resist.

Well I did say in my op that I did not expect any kind of alliance… so to mention it is a bit of a misnomer… but it was frustratingly fun… I was rushing into you and pushing you back towards the camp… expecting my 2 allies to be behind me and then you would double team kill me (4 v 1 – it seemed like 6 but I must have been mixing up some of the camp guards)… but then I would look and my allies had stayed stuck to the tower guards… eventually I got them to follow me and we killed 2 of you and the others ran away. If we had stayed with the guards then you would have kited us all day… no offense but you were not that strong without numbers. I had two of you down more than once on my own but didn’t really have the right build to finish it off and was having too much fun with the build I had to bother changing it. And the fact that we finally finished you and the camp guards off with 3 players…

People need to learn not to be scared of dieing… you make the cost of armor repairs back as you cap camps etc.

Any case… hats off for not killing each other… I honestly hand on heart admire that you can do that. But to say I am unskilled… well I am more than happy to face any of the 4 that were fighting me 1 v 1 … without tower or camp guards or other players interfering.

You may in future decide to carry out team building exercises taking back the stuff we took earlier from you – after all there was nobody near your camp or keep… our main force had moved on to attack Dz. Trying to cap the camp closest to our own spawn and not expecting resistance…

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

A blob incidently is 50+ players… apart from the first opening night when GH attacked Bay and I made my initial complaint (which in hindsight I regret)… there have been very few blobs. The odd one but nothing like the first night we entered this tier. Just to put things into perspective, this is RiOT and a few friends fighting a Viz blob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMYfHvfsYpg

As you can see… there are very few fights of this magnitude in this tier… What we have now is a flame war between all servers accusing each other in a ‘holier than thou’ kind of way without anyone providing any real evidence except my initial screen shot.

SO, let’s call a truce on the matter… I apologise for the initial post that kick started all of this nonsense… and get back to the fun?

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Genotix.6804

Your last post finally makes sense.
For what it means i personally don’t have a problem with you neither with any RoS player, afterall without opponents there is no game to enjoy.
I agree that matchup thread was ruined since the first day and at least the last 2 days we will be at this matchup we should keep this clean and stop provoking each other.
Afterall in 2-3 months nobody will remember the scores and we may face each other under different circumstances and it is not a good thing to hold grudge.
Maybe Nymeria you saved your best post for last:)

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

4 v 1

As the screenshot shows, the GH players had a combined level of 33. Not like we really do anything at all ^^

BTW, Re: Blob. At the time that you met that GH one in your BL, there was a similar one of RoS in our BL. I had it on video but deleted it. Pushing out the gate I managed to hit 25 stacks, down, rally, and another 25 stacks before pulling back inside (without the fight being over).

So they certainly do exist everywhere :P And yes, it should be all ended and back to err… fun, if it exists.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jathres.7236

Jathres.7236

I’m the pope! Did i won the War now? ^^

They accusing always happens, in other matchup it is about Nightcapping or someother stuff. Some People just need to complain and also it is always way easier to blame others instead of looking at yourself

Matchup is fine for me so far. Got some nice fights so far, best Guild i encountered was Thian [TH]. Also a variety of good players from Gunnar and Ruins.

I still want to get the Rematch with the VcY Necro, i’m having the late shift this week though but maybe you read this (i was the Asura Necro with whispers Armor) ^^.

For everybody saying WvW is about Points/Masses/Siege Fights screw your small scale do tpvp! etc Well we like doing small scale and we are enjoying it very much, never mind what was intended for WvW. Doing small scale is what makes the game fun for us and thats that.

Jathres BNF
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jathres
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: RyanCid.9270

RyanCid.9270

off topic guys… keep it in the forums for professions
every patch will popup some QQ

shoutout to SOE had some fun fights last night!!

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Can’t say I’ve noticed the ele nerf at all tbh.

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

Shout out for Gunnars and Dragno yesterday on I believe GHBL. Loads of good fights with SOE and PRXM ( sorry if I forget any other guilds).

Inner bay was a joy for me, very intens. Shame though Dragno came running in while we were already in battle for a long time, but ya that’s the element of the game =)

After all a loads of good fights and looking forward to more hopefully tonight!

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Elean.1804

Elean.1804

I am more than happy to face any of the 4 that were fighting me 1 v 1 … without tower or camp guards or other players interfering.

I was the lvl 14 ranger at the fight, and I’m more than happy to accept your challenge! Whisper me anytime and we’ll sort something out.

PS. FYI we weren’t “trying to cap the camp and expecting no resistance”. We were just having a bit of fun with our BNF friend and the location happened to be near Golanta for no particular reason.

(edited by Elean.1804)

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

Chuckle, [FRS] recruiting in GH WvW ^^. Some of you may not want more players on RoS, but they certainly do

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: VicisPatronus.5418

VicisPatronus.5418

So it’s not enough to bring in lots of WvW guilds, and even take guilds from us, now you also have spies recruiting for your guilds on our server. Really classy.

Attachments:

Commander for [MM] on Gunnars Hold

(edited by VicisPatronus.5418)

in WvW

Genotix.6804

Guys at ros i would be very thankful if you could talk to FRS guys for not recruiting at our border and spying , thank you:)

in WvW

Genotix.6804

That guy except that he was recruiting he was informing his guild about the fact we were outmanned and that we were attacking durios:)

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

Well, might be some trial account, besides if they jump between GH and Surmia it’s medium servers.

in WvW

RyanCid.9270

“yes hi FRS, pls no spy and recruit at other server, kthxbye”
Is that how we are supposed to talk to them?

This is a game, ppl do what they want and if they pay gems just to spy and recruit on opposing servers. “please do, idc.”
Like a spy will have any significant impact in this game…

in WvW

Genotix.6804

“yes hi FRS, pls no spy and recruit at other server, kthxbye”
Is that how we are supposed to talk to them?

This is a game, ppl do what they want and if they pay gems just to spy and recruit on opposing servers. “please do, idc.”
Like a spy will have any significant impact in this game…

No actually he doesn’t have any significant impact at this game, like informing where the enemy forces are not at all.
I appreciate the fact that you find it fine and with in gamerules to recruit on opponent servers but saying that a spy doesn’t have any impact at the game is beyond me. Thanks anyway

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

Well if u switch between medium servers it doesn’t cost u gems. And a spy can have impact on the game. I know this for a fact.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

That is the game. Like it or lump it. Also, we were forced together by RoS in the first place. We were doing small group stuff until giant zergs from Vcy and RIOT arrived.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

RyanCid.9270

Any movements with groups of 5+ people (especially against objectives) are fairly obvious when spotted by single roamers.
Also it requires no spy to know where you will be moving once you capped a camp.

in WvW

VicisPatronus.5418

You are underrating what a spy can do, a spy is a big upgrade over a scout.

in WvW

Posted by: Toxikthrash.2704

Toxikthrash.2704

Don’t really see why people are complaining about spying… it is a tactic, as dirty as it is.
As for the recruitment, just let them get on with it. If you are not liking the post in /t or /m just put the player on ignore. What do you want the other Surmian guilds to do? slap them on the wrist?

~Dishammer, CHvc

Dishammer – Human Guardian of [CHvc]

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Looks like RoS definitely won’t move up to tier 6 this week (bloody glicko), but should happen next week unless the bandwagon falls apart. Give it two weeks and nobody will remember this matchup at all.

Sounds like FRS nervous about higher tiers, not surprising as coming up against same size defenders in the daytime killed Xaoc.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Jathres and Freyn you guys belong to the group of Bunker ele’s in organized groups of 5
And they have plenty of support and can heal without using mist form or not needing to use RTL that much.

The nerf barely hits you, especially if you can switch from signet to ER.

But the ones who got screwed are:
Solo roamers
Zerg runners, needs loads of toughness and vit to be able to survive now or be total support and bunker, bb damage
Less used builds, must now go more bunker (oh the irony)
Glass cannon builds (must also go more bunker and again, THE IRONY)
Commanders! Being focused so much, I have to say goodbye to decent damage so i can survive enough, if at all…

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Neandramathal.9536

I have to say goodbye to decent damage so i can survive enough, if at all…

Just like everyone else :O

Currently @ Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I think we really need stop to any server transfers. Recruiting in one thing, but being able to join our WvW, waste spot on map, see our /t and /m and occupy siege or waste supplies shouldn’t be possible (or at least not so easy).
If ppl take this game so serious or their moral fibre allows them to play dirty, then it’s not my problem. The thing I don’t like, is the system that makes it too easy.

And plz don’t start class discussion here, this topic is kittenty enough without it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

I have to say goodbye to decent damage so i can survive enough, if at all…

Just like everyone else :O

Say that to warriors…

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: alkalone.5798

alkalone.5798

Well.
Maybe we will go to T6, maybe not.
Maybe GH will go to T8, maybe not.
But maybe we can make a deal.
Focus that boring deustche ! Let’s go to save you from T8, and let us going to T6.
Everyone will win !

Contact me in game if you want to

[MoS] Alkalone | Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Well.
Maybe we will go to T6, maybe not.
Maybe GH will go to T8, maybe not.
But maybe we can make a deal.
Focus that boring deustche ! Let’s go to save you from T8, and let us going to T6.
Everyone will win !

Contact me in game if you want to

If GH went to tier 8 it would be for one week. Rather have a spot there than make any deal with a bandwagon, thanks :P

(edited by sendmark.4731)