Sanctum of Rall vs Yak's Bend vs Gate of Madness 10/12/12

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

Not to take anything away from SoR’s determination, but this game doesn’t reflect an honest effort by Yak’s Bend to win. While SoR has been able to zerg the maps it becomes a question of sheer numbers.

The first night we were able to get representation into a centralized mumble server and organize a good portion of players into fighting squads. Our strategy was sound and obviously gave us a quick advantage.

Unfortunately once the “alliance” all went to bed, we have not been able to field an effective fighting force of more than 15 to 20 at any given time. The players who have been que’ing are not joining any of the “team” servers in favor of their individual guild servers. This makes it extremely difficult to organize effective defense and offensive strikes.

The server has very precious few qualified effective commanders. They are only able to play during very limited times during the day. When the commanders are on the field people respond and we are able to not only capture but meet your teams and stop them. Once they log off it becomes instead of One team server with have multiple 2, 3 or 5 man teams runner around doing puzzles, map completions, farming, killing NPC’s. Once the call is made to defend, or rebuilt, repair or recapture it is met with trolling , yelling , cussing and fighting, or simply “Why” they are just going to attack it again. Once the commanders log off we lose any and all progress to your overwhelming numbers.

During most of our major engagements your team had multiple teams of 20+ taking all supplies, attacking multiple locations and obviously working in concert with each other. Our team on the other hand had at any given time 20 maybe 30 at best were trying to defend, build, recapture, push offenses, upgrade and supply our areas. With the kind of player numbers you guys have been able to field we are severely overwhelmed. We send 5 people to recapture a supply since that is all we can spare and they are met by a team of 20. There is no way we or anyone is going to be able to hold large portions of maps when very few are defending, building, repairing, buying seige and running supplies. Most of the siege you have seen in the game has been bought by the same guilds, people and players. It wasn’t many players laying 1 or 2 pieces to help here and there. It was 10 or so laying multiple pieces to attack and defend. Others just entered the game joined a zerg and tried to run around and try to cap everything without fortifying and defending.

If we had been able to have a continued alliance pushing as hard everyday that we did on friday night you would have seen a different outcome. You have quoted Sun Tzu. One of his quotes fits the situation perfectly.
“The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself”.

This is not meant to detract from your efforts, however, SoR didn’t “win” this game. Yak’s Bend lost the game. Combine that fact with it seems GoM has basically given up allowing you to focus your entire teams efforts into defeating the few willing to put up a fight. No matter how hard an opponent fights, being outnumbered on so many maps at once makes it impossible to face the onslaught. Once you gained the lead even the “fair weather” players stopped playing. Even a tiger won’t step in an ant bed twice knowingly.

(edited by etsmith.9025)

in WvW

Posted by: Moaning Marv.2194

Moaning Marv.2194

We were doing fine without you server hoppers.

Coattail riders…..

A few us guilds transfered from Jade Quarry, which is on the way to be number 1 server right now, needless to say dont think there’s any “coattail” riders coming from there

Moaning (thief) Marvolo (mes) Mordaunt (necro)
Knights of the White Wolf
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Etsmith I highly disagree that SoR won by zerg. Sunday morning (midnight) we had at least three separate raids working on different objectives in SoR borderlands toward the same goal to take both AH and AB. To say this was just zerg is an insult as we do this time and again and we are only getting better at it. What may look like one zerg to you has been on numerous occasions no more than a 20man raid patrolling one section while our other raids strike key objectives, some with as little kitten or 10 people.

You say you send 5 people to an objective and they meet twenty, then maybe you need to split your larger force into better raid groups instead of relyng on 5 man groups and a zerg with 15 golems, try 15 man raid groups and less in the zerg. Learn to adjust to ever changing tactics, we are more than just one big serg with fair weather guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

So are people transferring off Yak’s now?

LOL

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

It is obviously numbers. Yaks already showed Friday night that with the same man power as SoR and GoM we would dominate. Yaks could easily be high ranking with more ppl.

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

It is obviously numbers. Yaks already showed Friday night that with the same man power as SoR and GoM we would dominate. Yaks could easily be high ranking with more ppl.

Obviously. Why aren’t you dominating now then? Do you only play once a week?

in WvW

Posted by: gosu.4128

gosu.4128

To SoR:

From a GoM player, I would like to congratulate you on the intelligent play you are doing against GoM on GoM BL. An unnamed GoM commander has managed to amass everyone in the GoM BL and running from:

Cragtop → Titan paw → Garrison.

As soon as Cragtop was captured by GoM, and moved on to Titanpaw, you calmly retook Cragtop, due to the fact that there was no defence. While Garrison was being attacked by us, you calmly took Titanpaw. And once Garrison was captured, the entire GoM campaign had only one green location, while the rest are blue.

I sincerely apologize for my Commanders’ inability to realize that, with a zerg, they are unable to keep and hold more than one location at any time, and any captured locations remain undefended, and yours for the taking.

I sincerely apologize for my Commanders’ inability to provide you with intelligent fights and skirmishes that are challenging for you.

To Gate of Madness:

If you are part of the zerg, I am embarrassed that you are content with running around borderlands capturing locations, while SoR and YB follow behind to recapture everything. I am embarrassed that you dare to say “Look, at least we have Garrison”. You will not hold Garrison for long, because the supply is at 0, and we have failed to hold any supply camps. And even if we did, the pack dolyaks would be killed at enemy towers.

The fact that you continue with this zerg is embarrassing, and is the reason why many guilds have left.

Albert Einstein once said “Insanity is when one does the same thing over and over, and expects different results”. It seems we’re insane.

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

let the score be updated…

Attachments:

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

Friday night, we SoR didn’t have all our forces online at the time. Unless we did and i didn’t see all our normal leet commanders. I could be wrong since I wasn’t able to play too late cause of work. I do have to say that SoR has a great bunch of commanders. The ones I have been able to play with have been great.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

I can’t speak for all of our commanders but I personally pulled an all nighter in WvW for our final push last match. Went to sleep at about 430am my time and the servers reset at 10am AEST. I logged back on for an hour around 5pm and Yaks were dominating, so I decided to take a 24 hour break, played some XCom and came back on Sunday. EPIC, HF and CDS were already well on the way to taking revenge when I logged back on so I just organised my raid to support their plans.

I don’t fault Yaks when they put up a fight they have beaten us on many occasions, but you obviously under estimate our organisation if you think we are just a zerg. You guys might be greater when you work together, but we always work together. Slow and steady wins the race said the tortoise to the hare.

in WvW

Posted by: Decimus.5410

Decimus.5410

Hats off to you SoR. The organization of your forces is impressive.

GoM this is pathetic. Please rethink your strategy. Running around in one giant zerg will not accomplish meaningful gains in wvw.

in WvW

gosu.4128

Hats off to you SoR. The organization of your forces is impressive.

GoM this is pathetic. Please rethink your strategy. Running around in one giant zerg will not accomplish meaningful gains in wvw.

Kratts here. I was with you when that catastrophe went down. Unfortunately, the only course of action left is for GoM to learn the hard way. And if they continue to fail to learn, there’s not much hope left.

Thank you for having attempted to defend though.

And to those that called us trolls when Deci forked out a bunch of sieges, only to lose them afterwards, calling defence and upgrade operations “useless”, I sincerely hope time gives you guys a chance to re-evaluate how well you think you’re doing. May the GW2 gods have pity on GoM.

(edited by gosu.4128)

in WvW

Kohai.2571

I can’t speak for all of our commanders but I personally pulled an all nighter in WvW for our final push last match. Went to sleep at about 430am my time and the servers reset at 10am AEST. I logged back on for an hour around 5pm and Yaks were dominating, so I decided to take a 24 hour break, played some XCom and came back on Sunday. EPIC, HF and CDS were already well on the way to taking revenge when I logged back on so I just organised my raid to support their plans.

I don’t fault Yaks when they put up a fight they have beaten us on many occasions, but you obviously under estimate our organisation if you think we are just a zerg. You guys might be greater when you work together, but we always work together. Slow and steady wins the race said the tortoise to the hare.

i just had to quote this for LUN since we were there too…

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Sorry Quartzie I can’t include everyone :p Or my brain will have an out of memory error.

in WvW

Posted by: etsmith.9025

etsmith.9025

elthurian. the point being .. sending 5 to that supply was a stretch as it was.
we had very limited actively participating players. our “larger” force was too busy engaging your “larger force” at nearly 3 or 4:1 odds and that is a very conservative estimate.

You just stated you had 3 separate raids working on objectives in 1 borderland. We had 1 raid that had between half to 3/4 of the people working ALL objectives concurrently. Building, recapturing, defending and running supplies. The term zerg actually applies in my opinion. You also stated you had 20 man raids that you were using as “patrols” We had -0- patrols. The groups you saw hitting your patrols were either individuals not working toward objectives with the main force, or a response team sent from the main force thus weakening it even further.

I never said you were one big zerg with fair weather guilds. Someone else named your transfers that. Had we been able to organize larger or for that matter multiple smaller raid groups we certainly would have. We were able to accomplish that task friday night but unfortunately not able to on the following 2 days.

I have been in WvW most of the day today with 0 que and the most we were able to field in an organized manner in EB was 2 squads of 15 and multiple little pug groups that may or may not have listened at any given time. BUT we were able to secure and hold our 1/3 of the map for the majority of the day until the commanders logged off and the groups splintered. Once again your numbers over whelmed them.

in WvW

Posted by: Topix.6974

Topix.6974

They really need to stop free world transfers, if they ever want to get good data for the matchmaking system. i’m just hoping that this weeks matchup ends up like last weeks.

Mentally On Call – 80 Elementalist
Mentally Disturbed – [MD]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Callipygous.9438

Callipygous.9438

Any time someone whines about the outcome of WvW being decided in the first day they should be linked to this thread.

SoR here. I enjoyed trying to hold Pangloss against the waves and waves of YB until we couldn’t hold out any more. Honestly some of the most fun I’ve had in WvW period. I look forward to more, and I know we aren’t even close to out of the woods yet!

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Score update?
10m till I knock off work, dying to get amongst it.

in WvW

Kohai.2571

Score update?
10m till I knock off work, dying to get amongst it.

hmmm here it is

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Really happy to have you Dabossand Tempest Wolves. Welcome.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

Not to take anything away from SoR’s determination, but this game doesn’t reflect an honest effort by Yak’s Bend to win. While SoR has been able to zerg the maps it becomes a question of sheer numbers.

The first night we were able to get representation into a centralized mumble server and organize a good portion of players into fighting squads. Our strategy was sound and obviously gave us a quick advantage.

Unfortunately once the “alliance” all went to bed, we have not been able to field an effective fighting force of more than 15 to 20 at any given time. The players who have been que’ing are not joining any of the “team” servers in favor of their individual guild servers. This makes it extremely difficult to organize effective defense and offensive strikes.

The server has very precious few qualified effective commanders. They are only able to play during very limited times during the day. When the commanders are on the field people respond and we are able to not only capture but meet your teams and stop them. Once they log off it becomes instead of One team server with have multiple 2, 3 or 5 man teams runner around doing puzzles, map completions, farming, killing NPC’s. Once the call is made to defend, or rebuilt, repair or recapture it is met with trolling , yelling , cussing and fighting, or simply “Why” they are just going to attack it again. Once the commanders log off we lose any and all progress to your overwhelming numbers.

During most of our major engagements your team had multiple teams of 20+ taking all supplies, attacking multiple locations and obviously working in concert with each other. Our team on the other hand had at any given time 20 maybe 30 at best were trying to defend, build, recapture, push offenses, upgrade and supply our areas. With the kind of player numbers you guys have been able to field we are severely overwhelmed. We send 5 people to recapture a supply since that is all we can spare and they are met by a team of 20. There is no way we or anyone is going to be able to hold large portions of maps when very few are defending, building, repairing, buying seige and running supplies. Most of the siege you have seen in the game has been bought by the same guilds, people and players. It wasn’t many players laying 1 or 2 pieces to help here and there. It was 10 or so laying multiple pieces to attack and defend. Others just entered the game joined a zerg and tried to run around and try to cap everything without fortifying and defending.

If we had been able to have a continued alliance pushing as hard everyday that we did on friday night you would have seen a different outcome. You have quoted Sun Tzu. One of his quotes fits the situation perfectly.
“The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself”.

This is not meant to detract from your efforts, however, SoR didn’t “win” this game. Yak’s Bend lost the game. Combine that fact with it seems GoM has basically given up allowing you to focus your entire teams efforts into defeating the few willing to put up a fight. No matter how hard an opponent fights, being outnumbered on so many maps at once makes it impossible to face the onslaught. Once you gained the lead even the “fair weather” players stopped playing. Even a tiger won’t step in an ant bed twice knowingly.

might i recommend you do some recruiting and organizing in your server? Sorry, but 1 day wins don’t count no more. Win some battles and at some times, but bottom line SoR is winning through efforts of the members of the servers. If you want to win just wait until next week where you are in a lower bracket, which you should be after losing to SoR. Good Day

(edited by BakaOniiChan.9564)

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I kept fighting even when we were losing. It’s what we do on SoR.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

@BakaOniiChan, we could use more people.. but i’m not certain our organization is to blame.

tonight we had roughly 90% of the entire fighting forces in all borderlands consolidate together and in one teamspeak server (because we have server public mumble, ts3, and vent). not everyone likes the same voice comms so we sit in with each other at times just to communicate.

the end result was we had everyone working together on the same objective save one or two people i’m not sure speak english.

i’m not certain how we could organize any better than that. all communicating across guilds and working towards a common goal.

that just leaves recruiting.. and right now it seems compared to SOR i agree, we need to recruit if we’re to be competitive. but i’m not going to do that because every server needs its people.

there was a SOR guild running a recruiting message in our WvW zones for a couple days this weekend and that offended a lot of people.. i dont’ wanna be that guy. i’d rather just get bumped down a bracket.

but i’m not sure we’ll even go down a bracket because we’ll be in second.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Yeah, Outmanned buff in every zone. Clearly SoR is more “skilled” than us. Good job outnumbering everyone 10 to 1 every fight. It becomes pretty obvious where anyone is when the whole server jumps up our kitten whenever anyone tries to cap anything considering at this moment SoR controls everything on every map apart from 4 camps and a tower.

in WvW

Kohai.2571

i saw the prev for the next match up and i was wondering….Sanctum of Rall will be always blue? :o
i’m going to sleep so..no more updates from me

update:

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

People keep xfering to Rall. Stop xfering to my server! We already have a queue time now.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

3:22am EST update

Attachments:

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

Holy kitten!!! How is SoR taking out the hordes of YB and GoM invaders??!!!???

in WvW

Posted by: Arsenic.8259

Arsenic.8259

Holy kitten!!! How is SoR taking out the hordes of YB and GoM invaders??!!!???

There is not really that many of them. I will say right now, SoR is winning due to numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: BakaOniiChan.9564

BakaOniiChan.9564

@fivekiller organization is a huge deal. Sure its numbers too but if people do it right 10 can take on a zerg of 20 even 30. The guilds on here aren’t really communicating with one another here during wvw. Each guild is it’s own and they are doing their own thing. SO idk maybe it is something that you guys aren’t doing right. There are some guilds that do no get along with one other because their leaders make themselves look foolish. Those people no one follows and respects and for the most part mutes during the battles. For those that are recruiting in your server ummm idk post a pic of it happening and then put it on the forums and we will see what is happening. Other than that I do not see or hearing from the other bigger guilds that they are doing that. Still got until Friday to turn this around, but IDK what happened to gate, but losing two consecutive weeks might drop you guys down a bit.

in WvW

Posted by: melodyca.8921

melodyca.8921

Last week there was communication when GOM played. Everyone worked TOGETHER. And we won.

I logged on to play on EB this evening and its pathetic. Nobody is working together. There is no communication. Thats not how World vs World works.

We could have at least put up a decent fight for second but I see there is not much point to play this week.

in WvW

Posted by: FuzzyStarburst.3071

FuzzyStarburst.3071

As I mentioned earlier in this topic, morale plays a massive role in WvW. Our commanders actively take morale into consideration, like how to keep ours up through bad times and various ways to damage enemy morale. At this tier, numbers can shove off. Last week, I never say Yak’s, SoR, or NSP have any number issues, everyone was incredibly evenly matched. Same happened Friday between us and Yak’s. What happened was a morale blow. Your best guilds were all focused on holding Ascension Bay, in SoR Borderland. So we took everything else. You guys did an amazing job defending that keep, something I usually consider impossible. But now, your server’s morale has been slammed into the dirt, while SoR’s morale is nearly impossible to break, it is our strength as a server.

Also, I’m so tired of hearing about numbers. SoR competed with Darkhaven and Sorrow’s Furnace. Back then, we had half the guilds we have now. Darkhaven was rolling us with their superior numbers, and so we learned about morale. We defended, and on defense, numbers only matter a little. Numbers matter when camps are involved, and yes, lack of camps will make your keep eventually go down, but it only takes a little, strategically used supply to win.

Darkhaven made us the server we are. We’ll fight outnumbered or with overwhelming numbers. We’ll fight with or without a commander. We’ll fight whether we’re first or last. Them embarassing us made us this way, and I thank them for teaching us how to WvW. I can only hope they meet us at the top, so we can have our rematch. Win or lose, nothing but respect.

PS: I was really looking forward to this fight, and I’m pretty disappointed. I considered Yak’s to be the more skilled of our previous opponents, and I still consider you so. Maybe SoR can do for Yak’s what DH did for us?

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

SoR has played well and deserve their lead, but also they do have vastly superior numbers at this point. Those things are not mutually exclusive concepts.

But clearly some transferring has been going on, because this matchup is now nothing like the near even fight of last week.

I actually feel a bit sorry for SoR getting coattail riders, because these people won’t be around when the going gets tough, that’s why they coattailed in the first place. Yet they will not only knock higher quality players into the queue, they will also cause you to be bumped up into facing much tougher opponents the next matchup.

This happened to Yak’s as well when we won big and our opponents left the field. We ended up playing Blackgate which turned out to be a fairly decent match, but they still won rather easily. The free transfers have to end. They are wasting entire weeks of WvW.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

Well I finally got home from work and now there’s nothing to kill

in WvW

Posted by: Waterbear.2764

Waterbear.2764

GoM here, just wanted to hop in and thank SoR for the good fights tonight. Spent a few hours on YB borderlands, doing the back and forth with our small crew before logging. The fight at west keep was fun, even when YB came and joined in. Which reminds me, YB you probably shouldn’t break the siege equipment of the people who are attacking the same place as you. Wait for them to breach, then wipe them, don’t make life easy for the defenders.

Anyhow, nice fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Definitely not the dream match up from last week.
Didn’t expect much from GoM and Yaks rolled into Friday taking no prisoners.
I think once Yaks licks its wounds this fight will heat up again.

Still not sure why the garrison SoR holds, has a orb that Yaks gets the bonus for =P

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

SoR by far doesn’t win by numbers or at least it didn’t the night we overtook Yaks. This is a picture i took just before Yaks Bend made an attack on our keep in Yaks Bend borderlands. We had nothing except this keep & the orb.

By the end of it we had the keep orb and the entire Yaks bend borderland.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: Imix.6152

Imix.6152

SoR has a definite atmosphere of fair weather gamers lately

I hope we lose terribly next week so they all jump ship and we can go back to our fun competitive bracket.

in WvW

Posted by: DinoBT.4572

DinoBT.4572

Well I finally got home from work and now there’s nothing to kill

this and I don’t think we’ve ever had a longer queue time before. but hey, we’re winning, so I’m just happy for SoR gogogo

Haha Family – [FEAR] – Sanctum of Rall
www.fearguildwars2.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: sklurb.6302

sklurb.6302

in WvW

Posted by: Malvader.7502

Malvader.7502

Callipygous: oR here. I enjoyed trying to hold Pangloss against the waves and waves of YB until we couldn’t hold out any more. Honestly some of the most fun I’ve had in WvW period. I look forward to more, and I know we aren’t even close to out of the woods yet!

That was an awesome time, it was a murderhole there for awhile. But Yaks, kept coming in and in and in.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

To be honest it’s not so much numbers. There are certain times of day when none have the outman buff on them.

Yak’s you know this.
However yesterday morning, while your full force was smashing into Bay keep you missed our 5 man team rolling over the southern part of your borderland ninja taking towers.

Yall had blown over 12-20+ trebuchets on trying to take walls down over and over on Inner bay keep, however once you ran in, you ran into a mass of siege, and aoe’s and wiped.

Granted the fight was fun, you kept us on our toe’s, however your focus on that one keep allowed us to go from that keep only on your map, to owning the entire southern part of the map.

GoM even gave us a run for money last night in their borderlands, when they zerg rushed into garrison, and the northern towers. Though they did not keep the run going, or place a lot of siege.

If YB and GoM don’t give up they could actually both make a comeback. However I can bet your servers have low moral.
YB is probably worse off on moral then GoM because you went form a 24k lead and 3 orbs, to no orb, and 20k loss in a matter of 24-30 hours.

I was expecting a lot more from this match and I have hope that maybe it’ll turn around a bit.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Zagz.6402

Zagz.6402

It’s unfortunate, we transfer here with intel of Yak’s bend camping Pks and owning everything, 2 days later theres no one to fight. Sigh………

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: SemiProBBQ.8946

SemiProBBQ.8946

It’s unfortunate, we transfer here with intel of Yak’s bend camping Pks and owning everything, 2 days later theres no one to fight. Sigh………

last month yak’s put up a fight, 2 days ago they nightcapped everything and put themselves in the lead and now I haven’t seen hardly any of them, I guess they only play once a week now. I transferred here about a month ago from JQ because I didn’t like to camp dolyaks, guess i’ll go play tiddlywinks in the mists.

Delecroix – Ranger master race

in WvW

Posted by: juicifruitz.6251

juicifruitz.6251

Here’s the problem from a a YB POI, we have a 5-10-15-20 min queue to get onto our own BL, we get in there and we’re lucky to be able to get a grp of 20 people together.

Why because they see and orb sitting in DB owned by SOR and want to spend every living second trying to just take back that orb. They only stop so they can get a supply camp back off SOR to build more trebs, because SOR keep wiping out the trebs that were there because they don’t build defences.

At the end of the day, yaks won the 1st lap and then proceeded to play stick and a wasps nest, and now as a result the wasps (SOR) have come back with awesome co-ordination, and numbers across ALL BL’s.

I won’t mention GoM much because other than the 1st 2 hrs of this match up I haven’t seen a grp of more then 4 of them running around.

All credit to SoR for their perfomance thus far.

If any other YB people read this spread the word… Get your heads outta the sand and prove what us Yaks can do. We may not win, we may win as we’ve seen anything is possible, but pls pull your fingers out

Signed,

Me just one of the pee’d off at those Yaks that went a bragging and poked the wasp nest.

in WvW

Posted by: SemiProBBQ.8946

SemiProBBQ.8946

It was such a close match last week, i just want that back. Now i wake up and we own everything and to be honest, it kind of sucks

Delecroix – Ranger master race

in WvW

Elthurien.8356

It’s cool and all that you guys wanted to move down to a lower ranked server but I don’t think the mid tiers needed the help in all honesty. While I welcome guilds wanting to roll here, I think Tempest Wolves may have been better off going down to Borlis Pass or Anvil Rock where things actually are still unbalanced. Our last three weeks have been extremely balanced and well fought for all involved, now the balance has shifted in an extreme way and it’s no fun for anyone, not SoR, not YB, GoM nor those of you that transferred here. I understand you did this with good intentions, as have some of the HoD&JQ guilds that move to other mid tier servers, but it may be doing more harm than good. I guess we’ll find out over the coming weeks. I just hope the parasites (bandwagoners) that ruined JQ and HOD for you guys don’t follow you like a plague and harm our community.

This is the first night in about 3 weeks where I logged out after 10m. I just don’t have any incentive to play GW2 without WvW and there’s no point WvW when we own everything.

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

To YB, and GoM… Please read this and try to gain some motivation out of it.

You can blame numbers, you can blame transfers, you can blame zergs, you can blame anything honestly.. But in the end, you as servers are only entitled to what you put effort into getting. You cannot logically sit here and point fingers when you know what is causing your servers to do poorly right now. Take responsibility rally up, and do something about it. SoR’s not going to stop fighting, or ease up because your servers do not wish to try right now, and neither should you. Shame on any guilds transferring off of YB or GoM, show some fidelity to your server and man up to help them. To the commanders on YB and GoM, rally your servers. That symbol on your head is more than just a pug magnet, you are supposed to be an example, a guide. If you are using it you have to keep an open mind and work with others, or no one will listen to you or follow you.

http://www.guildwars...l-story-of-sor/

Now you’re wondering why you’ve probably read this, or what the point was.. And its this. Just like in a real war, motivation can carry spirits high. Even if you are losing, never give up, fight to the last breath, and know when a battle is lost so you can prepare for the next. Find those on your servers who motivate you, or be motivating to them, but don’t set false expectations or become complacent. In the end, your server is entitled to only that which you have worked for, if you do not work for it then do not expect to gain anything. If you leave your server because you are not winning, how does that help your community? Any one of these servers can be molded, but its up to your community and only your community.

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

gosu.4128

To YB, and GoM… Please read this and try to gain some motivation out of it.

You can blame numbers, you can blame transfers, you can blame zergs, you can blame anything honestly.. But in the end, you as servers are only entitled to what you put effort into getting. You cannot logically sit here and point fingers when you know what is causing your servers to do poorly right now. Take responsibility rally up, and do something about it. SoR’s not going to stop fighting, or ease up because your servers do not wish to try right now, and neither should you. Shame on any guilds transferring off of YB or GoM, show some fidelity to your server and man up to help them. To the commanders on YB and GoM, rally your servers. That symbol on your head is more than just a pug magnet, you are supposed to be an example, a guide. If you are using it you have to keep an open mind and work with others, or no one will listen to you or follow you.

Thanks for the attempt at motivation, but do you not believe this has been tried already?

Perhaps I can clear some things for you.

1) Rallying up works when the mass listens and rallies up. Unfortunately without a commander icon, you’re just a non-factor, with no reason for people to rally up to you.
2) We’re not asking you to stop fighting. That’s plain stupid.
3) Guilds transferring off of GoM because of the stupidity of the people on the server, and their inability to follow coordination. It has nothing to do with fidelity. I know many guilds who have put 150% into WvW, but are burnt out and GoM hasn’t improved. Why stay and why put 150% with zero changes? You tell me.
4) The commanders rally. But the commanders are part of the problem. With the exception of 5% of commanders, the rest are as clueless as the zerg is. They are undeserving of their icon. They have no open mind, no leadership, and keep repeating what fails.
5) The commanders will not change, because they have a base of followers (zerg), that blindly follow them.

Given this, do you REALLY think that the rest in GoM aren’t trying? Do you REALLY think people transferring is because of cowardice or traitorous?

I appreciate your intent, however I think you underestimate the stupidity of the server that’s called GoM. Thanks anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Elthurien, several RvR-focused guilds with a long history together from WAR/DAOC had wanted to join up on the same server, but ended up splitting choices. Tempest Wolves, Irony and most of the DAOC vets chose Jade Quarry while Vigilance, Knight/War Templars and Reveille le Lion decided on SoR to avoid the anticipated queues (and because Fog invited us).

I believe their intent was to get away from the massive queues on Jade Quarry and join up with the rest of us. It has nothing to do with any of the recent successful wins on SoR.

As for balance, it will come through moving up in tiers.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall