SoS Vs JQ Vs BG 18/01-25/01

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Excellent fights in the last few days. Loved the behind the enemy line Mesmer ports.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

We can also say that the stealth portal bomb tactic is ‘maximizing a feature to full efficacy’ and not as “abusing an exploit” instead. Some of us talk about it as if it is immoral or unethical when in fact, its nature is very subjective. It’s just like when thieves ‘abuse’ stealth, we don’t like it when we are on the receiving end. The difference here though is on the effect (advantage) on balance in comparison to other professions. The portal bomb tactic however, can be employed by all guilds equally.

I do see a difference. A portal bomb can be used tactically to attack behind an enemy. The side affect of the portal bomb is culling abuse. However, there are methods such as running through a doorway or running out from behind a building in large group that are being used just to abuse the culling. There really is no strategic advantage to running through a doorway other than to exploit the culling. Heck, you can even say it’s a disadvantage strategically since the other side with less people can use the doorway as a choke point. However, the significant advantage from exploiting the culling outweighs the disadvantage of a smaller group using the doorway as a choke point. Hence, large guilds like Tsym who is well known for this will continue to use it.

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

We can also say that the stealth portal bomb tactic is ‘maximizing a feature to full efficacy’ and not as “abusing an exploit” instead. Some of us talk about it as if it is immoral or unethical when in fact, its nature is very subjective. It’s just like when thieves ‘abuse’ stealth, we don’t like it when we are on the receiving end. The difference here though is on the effect (advantage) on balance in comparison to other professions. The portal bomb tactic however, can be employed by all guilds equally.

I do see a difference. A portal bomb can be used tactically to attack behind an enemy. The side affect of the portal bomb is culling abuse. However, there are methods such as running through a doorway or running out from behind a building in large group that are being used just to abuse the culling. There really is no strategic advantage to running through a doorway other than to exploit the culling. Heck, you can even say it’s a disadvantage strategically since the other side with less people can use the doorway as a choke point. However, the significant advantage from exploiting the culling outweighs the disadvantage of a smaller group using the doorway as a choke point. Hence, large guilds like Tsym who is well known for this will continue to use it.

Ok so what you mean is that some people are better at using a tactic than others. I agree with that. Tactics are meant to gain an advantage. Though what you said is true that its success is situational.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

Ok so what you mean is that some people are better at using a tactic than others. I agree with that. Tactics are meant to gain an advantage. Though what you said is true that its success is situational.

Portal bombing behind an enemy is a tactic. Running through a doorway is not a tactic. It is just abusing the culling. Would anyone even do that if there is no culling? Probably not since the other side with less people can use it as a choke point. However, would people still portal bomb behind an enemy when culling is fixed? Of course since it’s a legit tactic. That’s the difference.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Sorry but I don’t understand what running through a doorway means exactly (I’m not familiar with this). If it means phasing through a closed gate of a keep or tower via some means of stealth then I agree that it is exploitative. If running through though means someone running past an army undetected via stealth.. how is that abuse? Again, it is semantics that we disagree on. I don’t like calling it an abuse because the negative connotation of the word diminishes the person/guild being referenced when in fact, people are just maximizing their gains/advantage.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

Some interesting moves. GoF to Blackgate, and asian guild Carnage to JQ to cover their total lack of asians

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

TYSM should get a medal for the amount of raid stealth bomb culling abuse they do. I feel ashamed they’re on my server.

I’m ashamed for the human race seeing posts like this.

Wurd.

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

Some interesting moves. GoF to Blackgate, and asian guild Carnage to JQ to cover their total lack of asians

Carnage is asian guild? from what server?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Carnage is NA over to JQ from SBI…

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Carnage is NA over to JQ from SBI…

Kashmara is right here I think some of our NA’s get on early morning though might be why there is a misconception that we have so many NA guilds that are “SEA”

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

BG is doing ok in T1, especially considering the quality and size of guilds that have recently aligned with the competition. BG doesn’t play perfect but when you look at all the factors there is very little criticism anyone can seriously muster.

You miss my point. If I knew I was out numbered by two larger forces I would align with one of them then go toe-to-toe with both. I was never criticising actual skill, far from it.

I have been looking at some questionable tactics though. I watched BG help JQ on JQ’s own BL only to get knocked off moments later because you weren’t allowing two invading sides to attack the larger army. Instead you helped JQ kick SoS off the map then without pressure from SoS, JQ just steamrolled over you with greater numbers.

I was thinking “what are they doing? by weakening us they are basically kicking themselves off the map as well… who do they think JQ are going to attack once we are pushed off the map”

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Props to the BG teams out there on JQ BL this evening. Having to run emergency response team to everything on both sides was tiring. Fights with SoS were business as usual, neither side did anything fantastic, but BG was throwin’ down pretty hard, keep it up guys

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: sapphire.8174

sapphire.8174

Props to the BG teams out there on JQ BL this evening. Having to run emergency response team to everything on both sides was tiring. Fights with SoS were business as usual, neither side did anything fantastic, but BG was throwin’ down pretty hard, keep it up guys

I don’t usually post but yeah. Props to BG’s [EA] (Eternal Affliction) guild. Tearing it up everywhere, definitely some good fights against you guys. Keep it up and hopefully you guys get some transfers soon.

(edited by sapphire.8174)

in WvW

Posted by: Gekido Tokihanatareta.1705

Gekido Tokihanatareta.1705

wops my bad stupid topic finder

(edited by Gekido Tokihanatareta.1705)

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

Black Gate is in the exact same boat, except you guys also picked up Never Die.

We picked up no one. On top of that SOR picked up the vast majority of what was left of SBI and we are getting squeezed between you guys. If SoR stayed the way it was and actually earned its rise in rating by gaining rating against SBI without the transfers, BG would have stayed in tier 1 for weeks, as it stands we will get pushed to tier 2 this week or next.

As bad as it seems for your first place team, its about 10x worse for us.

if you do ever drop to T2 its because you’re not playing to your strengths. By having less numbers than the other two servers in tier but large enough to make an impact you could of focused on one server and slipped into second place.

It happened in the weekend but then you stopped focusing on JQ and therefore slipped to 3rd.

You don’t have to have the greater numbers to make an impact you can simply align yourself with another force. Its WvWvW afterall.

But its a little too late for that now.

I’m not sure if you even believe what you are typing. Are you trying to tell BG to play for second? You do know that any server that plays for second place WILL NEVER win 1st place right?

in WvW

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

I’m not sure if you even believe what you are typing. Are you trying to tell BG to play for second? You do know that any server that plays for second place WILL NEVER win 1st place right?

What’s wrong with playing for second when your server’s recruiting? If you show you have staying power it helps the recruiting process. Playing for second for one week is fine, nobody’s telling BG to play for second forever.

In fact, isn’t that one of the things that JQ’s proud of? Being in T1 since the beginning?

in WvW

Posted by: BladeWaker.9716

BladeWaker.9716

[ICoa] finally had it’s chance at Tier 1 EB for the last 8 hours tonight.

We had a blast, and hopefully we’ll get to see more great competition in the future.

[PUGS] Vatara – Guild Leader
Probably that one D/D Elementalist
puglifechoseus.enjin.com

in WvW

Nuked.2360

What’s wrong with playing for second when your server’s recruiting? If you show you have staying power it helps the recruiting process. Playing for second for one week is fine, nobody’s telling BG to play for second forever.

In fact, isn’t that one of the things that JQ’s proud of? Being in T1 since the beginning?

Being in Tier 1 since the beginning show’s resolve. It’s not meaning we don’t fight for first. And we did end up in Tier 2 for one week. That was the first week of weeklong matches I believe. We proved then we had the staying power for Tier 1 as we not only destroyed CD and Db at the time but we also propelled ourselves into Tier 1 and took second and then took first.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

[ICoa] finally had it’s chance at Tier 1 EB for the last 8 hours tonight.

We had a blast, and hopefully we’ll get to see more great competition in the future.

Yes, tons of fun out there in EBG tonight. Our NA numbers started slipping badly around 12AM PST, and we lost SM, alas, the SEA presence is not strong with this one.

Still held SM for 8 hours and had some great great open field fights, really fun stuff.

I still cannot believe you guys from SOS hid in that corner of the dredge cave for so long. I was like “well they can’t still be there they’d have hit us by now” and as soon as I turned the zerg surprise!….lol And did you mean to keep building rams with your ballistas and arrow carts inside the cave? This must be a new strat we are unaware of. :P

To the new BG guild that transferred over, you allowed ICoa to go to EBG and KnT and EA to go to JQBL and shake things up. One guild transferred and allowed so much to happen because of it on BG’s side, thanks for the faith, we won’t stop fighting :P One more solid sized NA guild and BG will have a presence on all four maps nicely.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

If it is not plausible to reach 1st at the moment and that certain strategies will yield a better outcome (Being in 2nd is still better than being 3rd), it is wiser to choose that better option.

I’m not in any way trying to establish an alliance between servers, or implying any server is playing poorly. I’m sure everyone has a plan. I’m just saying that playing for 2nd isn’t something negative by default. If someone’s current capacity isn’t able to meet the required coverage to be first, there is still honor in trying to place 2nd.

in WvW

Posted by: Kunagisa.7361

Kunagisa.7361

Being in Tier 1 since the beginning show’s resolve. It’s not meaning we don’t fight for first. And we did end up in Tier 2 for one week. That was the first week of weeklong matches I believe. We proved then we had the staying power for Tier 1 as we not only destroyed CD and Db at the time but we also propelled ourselves into Tier 1 and took second and then took first.

So you think it’s better for BG to fight for first place, get kicked out of T1 in less than a month (this will be second time), and then recruit people like that? They’re at a overwhelmingly disadvantage in terms of coverage right now. Honestly, in the long run, I think it’s better for the server to fight strategically one week (or weeks even) than bite off more than you can chew.

To be fair, when SBI was around, you guys accuse of each other for fighting second almost weekly, when none of you were. Fact of the matter is nobody could prove anything even if you are fighting first or not. The only thingy you get out of fighting for first place when you lack coverage is getting kicked down and then complain people don’t transfer to your server. Because let’s face it, guilds from other servers don’t constantly keep track of something you cannot prove, having staying power is better ammunition for your rep sheet than being labeled as forever beta.

in WvW

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Dude, we just want to fight, learn, and have some fun! Well I do anyways. I dont care who’s expense it comes at. Props to tonights fighters in JQBL, lots of blood was spilt there!

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

If I’m a leader of a PVE guild that wants casual wvw, I would probably join the bottom tiers. If I’m a leader of a competitive wvw guild, I would look at the servers on the top tier. Would I choose a server that gives up easily and plays for 2nd place or would I choose a server that may not be as strong as their competition but has a “never give up” attitude and willing to fight for 1st place?

Kaineng is probably not as strong as any of the tier 1 servers at the moment but guilds are transferring there. Why? Their goal is to be the best server. In other words, they’re always playing for 1st place.

Playing for 2nd place this week may actually hurt BG’s chances to recruit since many of the top guilds may see them as a server that gives up easily.

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

That’s the thing, it isn’t necessarily ‘giving up’ if it is to play for 2nd this week. Playing smart and playing for 2nd just for the sake of being 2nd are two different things.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

If I’m a leader of a PVE guild that wants casual wvw, I would probably join the bottom tiers. If I’m a leader of a competitive wvw guild, I would look at the servers on the top tier. Would I choose a server that gives up easily and plays for 2nd place or would I choose a server that may not be as strong as their competition but has a “never give up” attitude and willing to fight for 1st place?

Kaineng is probably not as strong as any of the tier 1 servers at the moment but guilds are transferring there. Why? Their goal is to be the best server. In other words, they’re always playing for 1st place.

Playing for 2nd place this week may actually hurt BG’s chances to recruit since many of the top guilds may see them as a server that gives up easily.

I’m not even sure what this means LOL. You have to get 2nd place before you get 1st place. We fight and take stuff from whoever we think we can take stuff from. Thats the bottom line. If you think all the commanders of BG across all 24 hours got together and were like “hmm this week, lets not try to go up in rating” your out of your mind. We’ll take rating from JQ or SoS we don’t play politics, we play GW2.

Stop trying to put a bad spin on BG using some trumped up “playing for second” quack theory whenever a JQ tower turns red.

in WvW

jojojoon.8607

I’m not even sure what this means LOL. You have to get 2nd place before you get 1st place. We fight and take stuff from whoever we think we can take stuff from. Thats the bottom line. If you think all the commanders of BG across all 24 hours got together and were like “hmm this week, lets not try to go up in rating” your out of your mind. We’ll take rating from JQ or SoS we don’t play politics, we play GW2.

Stop trying to put a bad spin on BG using some trumped up “playing for second” quack theory whenever a JQ tower turns red.

I’m just responding to a post that’s suggesting BG to play for 2nd place. My point is that if BG does play for 2nd, it may actually hurt them in recruiting. My suggestion is pretty much what you’re saying, and it is to fight both servers so that BG has a shot at first place.

Here is an example. If you’re going to pick a server to join, which server would you pick when the final score of each server is this:

Server A 200,000
Server B 60,000
Server C 50,000

Now, if these are the scores, who would you pick?

Server A 110,000
Server B 100,000
Server C 90,000

First scenario is server B and C taking points from each other to allow A to build a huge lead. Second scenario is all 3 servers fighting each other with the goal of taking 1st. It ends with all servers having similar scores and the 3rd place server still having a shot at first place heading towards the end of the week.

(edited by jojojoon.8607)

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Well you can play for 1st and therefore pit you against two larger teams which eventually puts you in last place due to not having the coverage (unless of course you do think you have the numbers). Or you can play smart (which I would think a lot of new guilds would consider an asset), align yourself, recruit, stay in T1 and eventually see what you can do when you have gained some more pvp guilds.

remember I’m not talking about skill, BG have some top guilds and players, I’m just talking about the overall effectiveness of your strategy.

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Here is an example. If you’re going to pick a server to join, which server would you pick when the final score of each server is this:

Server A 200,000
Server B 60,000
Server C 50,000

Server A 110,000
Server B 100,000
Server C 90,000

First scenario is server B and C taking points from each other to allow A to build a huge lead. Second scenario is all 3 servers fighting each other with the goal of taking 1st. It ends with all servers having similar scores and the 3rd place server still having a shot at first place heading towards the end of the week.

That’s all very well. During the weekend you were in 2nd place. Now you’re fighting for first and coming 3rd. Next week SoR will probably take your spot so you won’t even be on that list.

I may be completely wrong and you completely right. Lets see how it all unfolds…

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Magiofdeath… what are these “dolyak parades” of which you speak?

I think the reason these threads get so heated is because there are a lot of people in these servers that are more passionate about the WvW experience than even they’ll admit.

Truth

Jed! I must say it’s been a blast having you all on JQ with us. TS is as lively and fun as I ever remember it, even when we’re getting hit on both fronts and the potential for frustration runs high.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

So you think it’s better for BG to fight for first place, get kicked out of T1 in less than a month (this will be second time), and then recruit people like that? They’re at a overwhelmingly disadvantage in terms of coverage right now. Honestly, in the long run, I think it’s better for the server to fight strategically one week (or weeks even) than bite off more than you can chew.

To be fair, when SBI was around, you guys accuse of each other for fighting second almost weekly, when none of you were. Fact of the matter is nobody could prove anything even if you are fighting first or not. The only thingy you get out of fighting for first place when you lack coverage is getting kicked down and then complain people don’t transfer to your server. Because let’s face it, guilds from other servers don’t constantly keep track of something you cannot prove, having staying power is better ammunition for your rep sheet than being labeled as forever beta.

My personal unsolicited opinion is that you should always play for first. However, if you’re third, the road to first goes through the server in second, so of course the server in second should have a large bull-eye right on their backs. It’s when you ignore the possibility to advance in the territory of the server in first, however, that you ultimately hurt your overall chances to progress. Easy pickings from the server in first will allow you to gain on the server in second more quickly.

You should always fight like you’re being two-on-oned. That way when you are you’ll be ready for it, and when you’re not you’ll be able to relax and roll.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Kaidengaran.3528

Kaidengaran.3528

[NOC] Nocturnal, Had a blast tonight. Has some great 3 way open field battles towards the end of the night on JQ BL.

Sorry for bailing so early on SOS, MERC. We had a tower in JQ to look after :p

Kaidengaran | 80 Warrior |
Co- GM Nocturnal | WvW Oceanic Commander
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

While I agree with the idea that you should always fight for first, sometimes, circumstances dictate otherwise.

You have to be in tier 1 to fight for first in tier 1.

If for a short time it benefits you to smack #2 to stay in tier 1, that’s what you do. If it benefits you to smack #1 to stay in tier 1, that’s what you do. If it benefits you to smack both at the same, you do that.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

in WvW

Posted by: Ayarei.6912

Ayarei.6912

dear [EA] from sos, ur server are great and very very strong. dont make ur server look bad bcos u guys using some kind of speedhack. some ppl may think i’m troll and whinny but i’m not. was tried to chase [EA] guy for 5 mins with my ele D/D. whenever i catched him (necro from [EA]) locked him chill him cripple him. he just jump and warp forward everytime. and when he out of my skill range he stopped and look back, wait me and start warp again. its not about my internet connection bcos when i chased or chase other sos guys i never met this kind of thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Isn’t a server’s rating determined by its its expected points and its performance against the top rated server rather than if it is in third or second. Im pretty sure you can still drop a tier if you place in second. it won’t garauntee your stay in t1. Extending an SoS lead will damage BG’s rating.

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Portal bombs are cheese tactics. Turtling is a cheese tactic. Cull bombing is beyond cheese tactic and implies the group has no actual game skill and must resort to using flawed rendering from the game engine in order to beat their opponent.

Portal Bombs and Turtles are weak, but actually use the skills in a character’s build to achieve an end.

Cull bombing would work with a bunch of level 10s mashing buttons if you have enough players.

While I may look down on Portals and Turtles, I can still look at them. I can’t even look down on a cull bomb because you can’t see it.

If you need to resort to using a broken rendering trick to win, you might want to examine why you even play the game.

If it happens in a fair fight unintended by either side, fine, but we all know the guilds that specialize in not having enough skill/guts to fight it out. Pin a medal on them for bravery.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Well you can play for 1st and therefore pit you against two larger teams which eventually puts you in last place due to not having the coverage (unless of course you do think you have the numbers). Or you can play smart (which I would think a lot of new guilds would consider an asset), align yourself, recruit, stay in T1 and eventually see what you can do when you have gained some more pvp guilds.

remember I’m not talking about skill, BG have some top guilds and players, I’m just talking about the overall effectiveness of your strategy.

Fighting for second isn’t going to do BG any good. All that will do is increase SoS’s lead and hasten BG getting pushed into T2. The smart move right now is to keep the scores as close as possible so we get a better rating to hopefully keep SoR’s artificially inflated rating from pushing us out. If we stay and get more transfers then we can fight for 2nd or maybe first.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood the points system but getting 2nd place in a blowout is worse than getting 3rd place in a close match.

in WvW

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

can someone please post a score updatE?

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

It’s been quite the fight this week! Allot of competitive guilds pulling their game from preexisting to newcomers!

A warm welcome to [Val] – Valhagr (Singapore) to Jade Quarry!

Live score Update!

Attachments:

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

The amount of SoS folks in this thread telling BG to go after JQ so they can stay in T1 is a joke. Fight your own fight and stop worrying about what BG does. Keeping the 1st place server from stampeeding all over the place will earn you much more than coming in 2nd or 3rd by 50k.

It’s really a shame how worried you guys are that you may not actually win. Those panties sure got bunched up tight when the lead dropped to 5k.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

Magiofdeath… what are these “dolyak parades” of which you speak?

I think the reason these threads get so heated is because there are a lot of people in these servers that are more passionate about the WvW experience than even they’ll admit.

Truth

Jed! I must say it’s been a blast having you all on JQ with us. TS is as lively and fun as I ever remember it, even when we’re getting hit on both fronts and the potential for frustration runs high.

Much appreciated sir. Last night was one of my lots of deep breaths nights. SoS and BG were keeping me on the ropes for sure. I’m glad everyone working with me was extremely patient and calm throughout the experience. We had a ton of good fights and were able to properly launch counter offenses against both servers throwin’ it down 1v2 style (That’s my material and you need my blessing to use it!). Both SoS and BG made me put on a game face last night and I couldn’t live up to on my expectations that I wanted. In any case I was forced to learn a new respect for BG last night on doing things proper when it comes to map tactics in response to the events happening on the map.

Cheers to both servers as usual, I’m lookin’ forward to some hard fights out there!

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Well congratulations to JQ for being the most stacked server in Tier 1. The oceanic advantage has now gone to you. Hope you all get number 1 ASAP. Good Luck.

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Well congratulations to JQ for being the most stacked server in Tier 1. The oceanic advantage has now gone to you. Hope you all get number 1 ASAP. Good Luck.

Thank you. We’ve worked very hard recruiting with every single active member talking to every single guild on servers that are falling. Every rumor we hear of a guild looking to move, we have pounced on.

We didn’t get all of them, but we got the ones we really wanted. Victory is not even close to assured.

In speaking with some of our transfers, they have been shocked at how few WvW players we actually have relied on, so don’t believe the hype about JQ being stacked. We really were competing throwing out like 5 people and a ham sandwich the past 4 weeks. Truth be told, I think we had less WvW player than BG before the transfers. Last night was the first week night in ages that we had queues, and even then they were only minutes, not even half an hour.

And if you’re on SoS or BG feeling bad for yourself, don’t. It’s not nearly as big of a stack as the doom reporters are saying. If you don’t believe me, ask any of the folks who vacationed on JQ before the transfer.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlyRush.1620

DeadlyRush.1620

Oh come on dont be so modest now. The months i fought JQ even with WM in SBI this is a most amount of forces i seen from JQ during oceanic.

It is official that you guys are THE server to be in. It an auto win. I think bout transferring there to.

Deadlyshield[AFS] Officer

in WvW

Posted by: nekos.2584

nekos.2584

I just transferred to JQ from Anvil Rock last night and OMFG what a difference WvW is in the top tiers !

Mara / Mura ? and the others i was grouped with… Thanks for inviting me to group and letting me tag along. I had a blast even though i had no clue what i was doing most of the time lol. You guys were awesome and again thank you, hope to see you all around again. =)

in WvW

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Portal bombs are cheese tactics. Turtling is a cheese tactic. Cull bombing is beyond cheese tactic and implies the group has no actual game skill and must resort to using flawed rendering from the game engine in order to beat their opponent.

Portal Bombs and Turtles are weak, but actually use the skills in a character’s build to achieve an end.

Cull bombing would work with a bunch of level 10s mashing buttons if you have enough players.

While I may look down on Portals and Turtles, I can still look at them. I can’t even look down on a cull bomb because you can’t see it.

If you need to resort to using a broken rendering trick to win, you might want to examine why you even play the game.

If it happens in a fair fight unintended by either side, fine, but we all know the guilds that specialize in not having enough skill/guts to fight it out. Pin a medal on them for bravery.

Turtling is not a cheese tactic. It’s simply protecting places, what is wrong with that? What do you want people to do? Go outside, outnumbered, and die so the other server(s) can take the stuff over? What’s the point of that? The only time anyone ever turtles is if they are outnumbered; it’s using this to their advantage so that they can win the fight. Learn to outplay it.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Server A 200,000
Server B 60,000
Server C 50,000

Server A 110,000
Server B 100,000
Server C 90,000

That’s all very well. During the weekend you were in 2nd place. Now you’re fighting for first and coming 3rd. Next week SoR will probably take your spot so you won’t even be on that list.

I may be completely wrong and you completely right. Lets see how it all unfolds…

JQ is always always always lower in points on the weekend. Always. It’s just not our best time.

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Would just like to point out JQ has no SEA or Oceanic presence and needs to recruit more… 2am GMT +8 score.

SoS looking for some new blood, JQ already has enough.

Attachments:

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Nuked.2360

Would just like to point out JQ has no SEA or Oceanic presence and needs to recruit more… 2am GMT +8 score.

So we can’t recruit? Sorry we have people on the server with connections and people want to join the community. That’s all i’ll say on this post.

Good job everyone out there some crazy hectic fights for sure!

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

So we can’t recruit? Sorry we have people on the server with connections and people want to join the community. That’s all i’ll say on this post.

Reason why I try my best to stay away from forums. Most arguments made here are highly nonconstructive and irrational.

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

lol not saying you can’t recruiting pointing out that all JQ’s say they never have SEA / Oceanic coverage comparible to SoS :P

You mean in your servers timeless words, “Bandwagoners” who were afraid to be stuck on their old servers.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com