SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I really think all you need to know about Jedah can be found reading his wall of text regarding his Guilds’ “Holiday Leave Policy”, LMAO. Seriously bro.

Say all you want, MERC is probably one of the biggest guilds left in the game. Just last Friday they had 200 members online at the same time (it might even be nightly idk). That may not have even been the only guild they have considering they are at member cap. Given that, I can almost guarantee your replies are overreaction out of frustration.

Frustration over what? The ability to zerg around and cap objectives? Sorry, not impressive enough to warrant any frustration. The few times i’ve run into MERC members in 1v1/1v2 scenarios…I haven’t been that impressed. :/

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Not really, seems rather insulting to your B-team to be honest. I am sure they did the best they could. Knowing a bit of geography I believe its only summer in the southern hemisphere……

lol, we don’t have a “b-team”, we had no one playing (Outmanned on every BL). Obviously you took my analogy too literally

Right the entire SoS server stop playing last week since it was only New Years for the SoS playerbase let alone the weeks SoS won during Christmas and Thanksgiving, For no one playing scoring 180.000 week total points and coming ahead of SBI sure was an accomplishment.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

And LOL, so you gave your people ‘permission’ to miss WvW the week we won. That explains everything…LMAO. Perhaps you should reread your post and take your own advice. And serious LOLZ with regard to the fact that your Guild members have to ‘request leave’ in order to be away from the game. Wow dude…just…wow.

“Request to leave” is probably a simple statement they have to make, not 40+ pages thesis paper/portfolio review. How disorganized in real life do you have to be that you can’t even submit something that takes less than a minute to fill out. I’d imagine for a guild as big as his you need at least a sort of organization structure (with rules/logarithms being the most elementary) else the logistics would just be absolute nightmare when you wish to get anything done.

Anyone with any experience managing anything at multi-level would understand this Even if not the thought process should be apparent, I do not understand why you would find his statement humorous, let alone trying to ridicule it.

I very, very highly doubt someone with a dysfunctional real life could manage a giant guild (that lasts); furthermore, I tend to find these guild leaders tend to attract people with similar personality (ex: the people who would “play by his rules” to quote you), whom, unfortunately, also tend to be ridiculed by others for being “hardcore” in a “just a video game.” When in fact, these people are contributing members to the society with healthy lifestyle who find great enjoyment of video games as a hobby.

Of course, there are other “big guilds”, who tend to just recruit everyone (even mouth breathers) that can never accomplish anything, which MERC clearly is not one of those.

PS: Using LOL, LOLZ, and LMAO excessively does make you seem a little bit (if not extremely) like a clown.

Crazy coincidence…I AM a clown IRL, right on man. But in all seriousness, you obviously missed completely, the point of that quoted post. It really has nothing to do with ‘hardcore’ or someone ‘lacking the organization to fill out an application for leave’…it’s the entire notion that someone would request permission from a person on the internet (who ISN’T paying them), to simply spend time with their loved ones during a holiday. Giving the Guild Leader a heads up, got it…I get that, but what he was talking about, I definitely don’t get, LOL. Of course, you obviously don’t understand where i’m coming from, so i’ll just say this is all my OPINION and nothing more.

P.S. The ‘LOLZ and LMAO’ are sometimes used when communicating on the internets to express the ridiculousness of a certain situation. Check out the Urban Dictionary man, I suggest you get current.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Lavath.8924

Lavath.8924

Capital letters, accusations, Guild corporations and their vacation policies…

Sorry I’m missing out on all this. I’m currently packing my bags for my trip to T-2. I’m packing my “everyone left the server? huh.. Saw that coming” and my “Holy kitten!! First place? No kitten?!” because I’m not sure what the weather will be like down there.

I’ll see if I can’t find a post card.

Luna Acacia | Mord Sith | SoR

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Gonna have to agree with Barab. Mostly everyone was celebrating New Year’s that week. Stop using New Year’s as an excuse. The fact you are even making an excuse is pretty sad. Just admit you lost ONCE and move the f on already. MERC, your attitude is pretty terrible. TSYM is about the only guild, so far, that hasn’t made a huge fuss over the ONE loss (talking about first post on page, 2nd post not so much on this page). Thank you TSYM GL.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

(edited by Magiofdeath.2745)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Score blow outs happen when the morale of a server is broken.

If you can crush the morale of your opponent, their coverage drops massively as many people are afraid of logging in. It happened to SoS last week and it’s happening to JQ right now.

Jade Quarry fully deserved to win last week, they managed to break the morale of SoS and defeat us, you cannot take anything away from them. Some people may like to point to the time of the the year and whine, but the truth is that 2 days after New Years we were only 20k behind and we had 72 hours to come back from it. That was than enough time, however we couldn’t and we gave up because JQ were too good.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Not really, seems rather insulting to your B-team to be honest. I am sure they did the best they could. Knowing a bit of geography I believe its only summer in the southern hemisphere……

lol, we don’t have a “b-team”, we had no one playing (Outmanned on every BL). Obviously you took my analogy too literally

Really, no one playing? Or should I not take that too literally either. In fact, why don’t I just ignore your entire post and all of the points you made now and in the future because you have no idea what you mean when you “speak” and as such I’ll consider your words complete meaningless tripe.

You aren’t from MERC are you?

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Another good fight ingame, I am staying up to 3am playing this magnificent game!

Forums are another thing, so many mean spirited and petty posters from a variety of servers and guilds. This dribble from all sides is pointless, win lose or draw, it is the ingame opponents that make it possible to enjoy WvWvW.

Please get on with playing the game and enjoying it.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Another good fight ingame, I am staying up to 3am playing this magnificent game!

Forums are another thing, so many mean spirited and petty posters from a variety of servers and guilds. This dribble from all sides is pointless, win lose or draw, it is the ingame opponents that make it possible to enjoy WvWvW.

Please get on with playing the game and enjoying it.

Disdain for your opponent in an RvR environment is actually pretty common. You’ll never hear me make hacking accusations or whine about double teams…but I will most certainly stir the pot and make every effort to ruffle feathers, lol. At the end of the day…this is all in good fun and bluster, nothing more.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Kreen.3925

Right the entire SoS server stop playing last week since it was only New Years for the SoS playerbase let alone the weeks SoS won during Christmas and Thanksgiving, For no one playing scoring 180.000 week total points and coming ahead of SBI sure was an accomplishment.

Barab, don’t be too hard on him, remember this chap thinks its summer everywhere right now.

I fight for JQ.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Kreen.3925

Score blow outs happen when the morale of a server is broken.

If you can crush the morale of your opponent, their coverage drops massively as many people are afraid of logging in. It happened to SoS last week and it’s happening to JQ right now.

Jade Quarry fully deserved to win last week, they managed to break the morale of SoS and defeat us, you cannot take anything away from them. Some people may like to point to the time of the the year and whine, but the truth is that 2 days after New Years we were only 20k behind and we had 72 hours to come back from it. That was than enough time, however we couldn’t and we gave up because JQ were too good.

A credit to your server.

I fight for JQ.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Hey, we get it…you think you’re pro. With spam recruitment guilds like MERC, you obviously MUST be. But then, that begs the question…why are you on the forums making excuses as to why you got curbstomped last week…hmm…

Hey, it’s obviously truth man…MERC Officers processed literally HUNDREDS of vacation applications! Those that they denied, had to give WvW without a zerg a try for once. Needless to say, it didn’t work out very well for them.

So here we see crewthief.8649 claiming that SoS were short on numbers that week and hence had to “give WvW without a zerg a try”, whilst also claiming that JQ’s win could only be attributed to individual skill rather than other “excuses” such as SoS being short on numbers due to New Year. I think there’s a contradiction here but you need above average IQ to see it.

Actually, I was referring to MERC zerging about…but yeah, I suppose you could attribute that to the rest of SoS as well. The funny part to me, is that apparently you think that only SoS dealt with the Holidays, LOL. Does that seriously make sense to you? What was that about IQ score?

You are misinterpreting the correlation between player presence and global holidays. Its not that New Years will mean a certain server will definitely have less players (because it’ll happen to all servers), it means that player fluctuations will be more probable. How much, is not gauged by the holiday unless there are cultural implications (and the relevant servers it may apply to). When people attribute player fluctuations to holidays, it is very much valid because that’s the truth. Did SoS have people going on holidays because of the New Years? Highly, in fact definitely, yes. Did SoS have more players going on holiday than JQ? No one except Arenanet can actually tell us this, but to completely dismiss this fact (that more SoS players left than JQ); is foolish. To completely attribute the loss to this fact is equally foolish.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

i’m bet those name calling, chest thumping from either sos / jq server majority is from the same person. But when things escalate it involve guild or server.

Base from my observation, I feel a lot of ppl did not notice when a random person post 20 post+ bashing guild and server and assume its from 20 different ppl that post it.

A win is a win no matter what. Grats for those who win !

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Hey, we get it…you think you’re pro. With spam recruitment guilds like MERC, you obviously MUST be. But then, that begs the question…why are you on the forums making excuses as to why you got curbstomped last week…hmm…

Hey, it’s obviously truth man…MERC Officers processed literally HUNDREDS of vacation applications! Those that they denied, had to give WvW without a zerg a try for once. Needless to say, it didn’t work out very well for them.

So here we see crewthief.8649 claiming that SoS were short on numbers that week and hence had to “give WvW without a zerg a try”, whilst also claiming that JQ’s win could only be attributed to individual skill rather than other “excuses” such as SoS being short on numbers due to New Year. I think there’s a contradiction here but you need above average IQ to see it.

Actually, I was referring to MERC zerging about…but yeah, I suppose you could attribute that to the rest of SoS as well. The funny part to me, is that apparently you think that only SoS dealt with the Holidays, LOL. Does that seriously make sense to you? What was that about IQ score?

You are misinterpreting the correlation between player presence and global holidays. Its not that New Years will mean a certain server will definitely have less players (because it’ll happen to all servers), it means that player fluctuations will be more probable. How much, is not gauged by the holiday unless there are cultural implications (and the relevant servers it may apply to). When people attribute player fluctuations to holidays, it is very much valid because that’s the truth. Did SoS have people going on holidays because of the New Years? Highly, in fact definitely, yes. Did SoS have more players going on holiday than JQ? No one except Arenanet can actually tell us this, but to completely dismiss this fact (that more SoS players left than JQ); is foolish. To completely attribute the loss to this fact is equally foolish.

I can see where you’re coming from. Wouldn’t you say it’s safe to assume that a roughly equal amount of people spent time with their families? Afterall, that particular stretch of Holidays is generally celebrated in equal measure by the Countries represented in these three servers. Ultimately, it just strikes me as exceptionally presumptuous to assume that one of the three was substantially more affected than the other two.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I disliked it when JQ and SBI used every single holiday as an excuse for losing to us. I dislike it even more when we (SOS) use it. It’s embarrassing really.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

I disliked it when JQ and SBI used every single holiday as an excuse for losing to us. I dislike it even more when we (SOS) use it. It’s embarrassing really.

And I was equally embarrassed by those from my server that did the same. If you lose, own it.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Yeah I don’t disagree at all. From what I’ve read though, some JQ players take offence at the mere mention that SoS having fewer players was a factor (see responses to Jedahs’ comment). However, if JQ’s victory was (mainly) due to factors internal to JQ, then we should see more victories from them in the future, won’t we?

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I can see where you’re coming from. Wouldn’t you say it’s safe to assume that a roughly equal amount of people spent time with their families? Afterall, that particular stretch of Holidays is generally celebrated in equal measure by the Countries represented in these three servers. Ultimately, it just strikes me as exceptionally presumptuous to assume that one of the three was substantially more affected than the other two.

I suppose my TLDR should have said: weeks with global holidays are not entirely accurate to ascertain relevant data, and I understand most people would believe this also. I think the same string of arguments would have occurred regardless of who won last week.

Though as I said before, all scenarios are equally un-provable by members of the community. The fact is, for all three servers to be EQUALLY affected is also highly unlikely, that is; an equal amount of people taking a break from the game. Equal. What is also equally un-provable is any person without data from Arenanet to claim that ‘more people on our server left’.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

Yeah I don’t disagree at all. From what I’ve read though, some JQ players take offence at the mere mention that SoS having fewer players was a factor (see responses to Jedahs’ comment). However, if JQ’s victory was (mainly) due to factors internal to JQ, then we should see more victories from them in the future, won’t we?

It’s certainly possible. JQ has been in T1 since launch, what other server can claim that? SBI can make a very similar claim. SoS? Not even close. We’ll see how this all plays out in the long run…because that’s what WvW is about; longevity. I understand you’re being sarcastic, and that you’re very excited to be in T1. Give it a few more months…it’ll give you some perspective.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

crewthief.8649

I suppose my TLDR should have said: weeks with global holidays are not entirely accurate to ascertain relevant data, and I understand most people would believe this also. I think the same string of arguments would have occurred regardless of who won last week.

Though as I said before, all scenarios are equally un-provable by members of the community. The fact is, for all three servers to be EQUALLY affected is also highly unlikely, that is; an equal amount of people taking a break from the game. Equal. What is also equally un-provable is any person without data from Arenanet to claim that ‘more people on our server left’.

Fair enough, and I believe that we are in agreement.

< JADE QUARRY >
Hands Off My Octopus

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

What wvw is all about is relative. For you it might be longevity, for others, cumulative/successive number 1 wins or maybe it’s even just about rising from the bottom to the first tier and winning it. Let us not compare accomplishments in an attempt to diminish another’s.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

Now i remember why i hate history class…..

Sea of Sorrows

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Okay class. Let’s review the history of when SoS first hit Tier 1.

SoS: “Hi every body!”
JQ + SBI: “Hi! Welcome! Come in come in!”

SoS after winning first week and beyond…

JQ + SBI: “You got lucky. Mad king event was on.”

“We didn’t have the numbers. We were doing fractals.”

“We didn’t have the numbers. We were all doing the lost shore event. You’re still not good.”

“It was the grub this week!”

“Wintersday event is here.”

JQ finally wins a week during the new years period.

JQ: “Omg omg omg we’re the best! There is no excuses in war! If you can’t make the numbers. You don’t deserve to win! This is war!”

SoS: “We were out celebrating new years because oceanic celebrate it early. Meh, it’s-ok. We’ll be back next week to win.”

Current week arrives.

SoS: “Told you we would be back to win.”
JQ: “But… we… numbers… some thing… -tries to think of a legitimate excuse- … Omg stop tooting your own horn SoS!”

That pretty much sums up what has been going on for the past 4 months for Tier 1 WvW. All sides making excuses. The only difference is SoS backs up their claims.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

“We didn’t have the numbers. We were all doing the lost shore event. You’re still not good.”

JQ: “Omg omg omg we’re the best! There is no excuses in war! If you can’t make the numbers. You don’t deserve to win! This is war!”

SoS: “We were out celebrating new years because oceanic celebrate it early. Meh, it’s-ok. We’ll be back next week to win.”

Current week arrives.

JQ: “But… we… numbers… some thing… -tries to think of a legitimate excuse- … Omg stop tooting your own horn SoS!”

That pretty much sums up what has been going on for the past 4 months for Tier 1 WvW. All sides making excuses. The only difference is SoS backs up their claims.

^^^^
And when JQ was leading and most likely to go and win, there was kitten tonne of trash talk by them lulz

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I also must say, I’ve been enjoying the nice shade of blue this week. It gets boring being green all the time.

Though after being green for so long. You tend to head to green objectives thinking they’re friendly.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Nice fight the JQ Asura Necro running around SoS border solo! I could not work out how to do enough damage to you before being feared away!

Hope to see you on the battlefield again.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

Barab, don’t be too hard on him, remember this chap thinks its summer everywhere right now.

For a server that has most of its player base in the Oceanic region (where its currently summer btw) we go on summer holidays. How hard is it to understand? We still had our NA guilds playing and they did amazingly well considering limited support from the Oceanic guilds. We lost important numbers over that period now they are back and the score reflects that.

you no understando?

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

That is not needed Haz, in either case JQ won the week prior to this one, end of story.
SoS has won in weeks past, and has a good possibility of winning this week as well.

I don’t understand why we need to smack talk about winners or losers since we all play a game together we should all be friends.

Coincidentally I believe we should have a break between each weekly battle which we go and pick flowers together as huge WvW servers and have the game set us all to allies.

OR we could just pretend to be friends, pick flowers and murder each other if someone gets too many red ones (everyone knows red flowers are better).

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Alfred, bring me my top hat at once! There is so much fine wine and aged cheese at this party that it must be the Queen’s jubilee celebration! I must look my best when mingling with these posh gentlemen!

No sir, it is simply an online PVP forum.

Oh. That would explain the fermented odors.

It seems that some of you have lost more than this match, but also your honor, that you would go from debating interesting gray area issues to delve straight down to make black slanderous false accusations.

Mr. Barab. Please, if you somehow find a MERC member who posted chest thumping screenshots of +600ppt winnings here, inform me at once and I will promptly host an urgent human resources meeting and gkick the delinquent. Not that he did anything wrong, but I don’t mind gkicking fake imaginary people.

It also saddens me to see crewtheif ridiculing MERC officers for processing HUNDREDS of leave applications during the holidays. The hard work of our officers should not be subject to such insults.

Gentlemen. I bid you good day!

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

MERCS the Ruin JR of SoS. a 500+ member guild who chest thumps with screen shots of 5am 600+ SoS ppt scores when they are winning and making excuses when they lose. Their leadership cant even say good game in defeat or victory. They take pot shots all the time at respectable guilds like FOO and DC on JQ. It’s very amateurishness.

You dismiss SOS efforts to full cap EB and make 600 ppt while you are not online, yet demand us to congratulate you for your previous week winnings?

What is this i don’t even

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

“Congrats on winning 2 weeks in a row JQ, you really proved you’re no1.”

I’ve been planning this speech all week, don’t make me look silly JQ

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: IomegadriveOne.5291

IomegadriveOne.5291

Current week arrives.

At least now we have a server that knows how Blackgate feels. It got so bad with all accusations of hacking 24/7 that JQ and SBI legitimately 2v1’d us for 2-3 weeks straight. We even had screenshots of the map being 50% divided between SBI and JQ 90% of the time with our borderlands and EB being divided 50% and theirs owned by their respective servers. Hell there was even a forum post on gw2guru asking for an alliance to push BG down to tier 2. Of course to this day they won’t admit it. But we actually told our server to back down the last week because we were tired of it. We left everything untouched the last 2 weeks so we could drop ourselves and we even told SBI and JQ about this. I know for a fact there is one commander that gets on here from SBI that is very childish and constantly trash talks but you probably already know her.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Last week was our first T1 win ever…

I’m still sad that nobody but Merc takes breaks from the game. You all should be ashamed of yourselves the rest of GW2.

Good fights this week.

M

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

I’m still sad that nobody but Merc takes breaks from the game. You all should be ashamed of yourselves the rest of GW2.

Good fights this week.

M

Really? JQ has only won once in T1? :O

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Good fights this week.

M

3rd but first in a while

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Is DiE on sos? HoD > BG > SoS? Bandwagon guild. Nothing wrong with that, perhaps our medium sized guild will move to SoS too (replace with current top server), see you there.

With that kinda attitude you sure as hell won’t be welcome from us, I think your view of what a bandwagon guild is kinda warped. A bandwagon guild only joins a top tier server when it is at its peak (i.e. T1) for the reasons that it needs assistance to do anything (i.e. weak PvP skill etc.). Firstly we left HoD because all of TA moved and simply WvW was dead on that server, Blackgate was recruiting for oceanics within T2 and we figured that it seemed like a solid community.

When we got to Blackgate we had zero support from the Oceanic population of BG when we were T2, we were literally the only BG guys on the map except from a couple of small Oceanic guilds that hung around EB (as well as americans who didn’t sleep). When we were on blackgate it seemed to be very similar to ET in its prime, where it was highly active and focused in T2 but it suddenly all became too hard in T1. We were sent an invitation to move to SoS by PRX, and to rejoin our old server mates; SoS was in Tier 2 at the time.

It was a question of should we stay and let the guild die from attrition or move and keep the guild alive because the BG community was slowly killing morale and we started losing members. We have never joined a T1 server or moved out of convenience but out of necessity, and therefore are not bandwagoners. Keep your kitten to yourself.

<3 to the random forum trolls

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Good fights this week.

M

3rd but first in a while

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/evolution/na

Just to confirm in summary:
1st: Three — 2nd: Eight -- 3rd: Three

Can we all just drop this already anyway ==" Breaking your winning streak I think showed just how fragile morale can be, but since SoS bounced back stronger than ever, all is well and competition is back to how it was.. if not even more fierce.

Hopefully our fourth win won’t take another 3 months since we’re pretty stable in our position. Not a fan of the colour green anyway :P

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

@Magiofdeath| Best server of all time? You may have gotten 1st more than anyone but you have not been in tier 1 longer than JQ or SBI. Best servers of all time are not determined by how many games you can win as quick as possible. Its about how many you can win over a long period of time. How long is your server willing to fight? You can call yourselves the best server ever, and I will not say JQ is because to be fair WvW will become become bigger. And more servers will come out of the shadows like SoS did. Bottom line, is best server….by all means if you think so. Just remember theres still a long way to go.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

@Magiofdeath| Best server of all time? You may have gotten 1st more than anyone but you have not been in tier 1 longer than JQ or SBI. Best servers of all time are not determined by how many games you can win as quick as possible. Its about how many you can win over a long period of time. How long is your server willing to fight? You can call yourselves the best server ever, and I will not say JQ is because to be fair WvW will become become bigger. And more servers will come out of the shadows like SoS did. Bottom line, is best server….by all means if you think so. Just remember theres still a long way to go.

I don’t understand why you gloat about playing for second in T1 all this time. Why not play for first instead? If it is such an easy feat try winning first consecutively more than once. I sure think winning first > playing second/third for the majority of your stay in T1. See? I can also diminish your accomplishments.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

We’ve been allied with SoS for 6 weeks or so is why. But next week we are going to ally with BG.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Leo Paul.1659

Wrong. BG is OUR ally.

Anyway, as far as being in T1 forever, the only thing it tells me is that you’ve peaked earlier than SBI or SOS. Your accomplishment, however, pales in comparison.

I hate it when we play like this. It’s so arrogant that it’s disgusting. Can’t we not try to downplay anyone’s accomplishment? Saying that SOS isn’t the best server just because you’ve been in T1 longer is just as arrogant as us saying our consecutive wins make us better. It also makes you sound like a sour grape for not winning first place everytime. Fact of the matter is, you were the best server last week. This week, it seems to look like we are.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

elkirin.8534

Please do not attack individuals by name, guilds by name or generalise everyone on a server as being the same as player X it is not the truth. I have only been playing a few months but I have met many fine people on many servers, even JQ, SoS and SBI…

Today I had the chance to fight one v one another player near north supply, they were clearly superior to me and strangely left me in downed state and moved off.

I was way more impressed by their ingame actions than by this forum’s bluster and waffle.

Enjoy the game.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

More like Brogate.

Amarathy
[ETA]

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Moonhaven.9162

Moonhaven.9162

I know this will hardly impact all the people on here that are deeply involved in their blood feud forum battle about who is the biggest jerk of a server, or which one is the best, or whatever point you’re trying to make is, but. Seriously guys? I know this is the internet, and your conduct is not usually expected to be professional and cordial, but the constant personal attacks and blanket statements make it embarrassing to read these threads sometimes.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

Honestly guys, lets simmer down a bit. Here is the skinny:

MOST of the people on here making excuses, belittling, talking trash, and slinging mud didnt have CRAP to do with the wins. I would literally say 90% of the posts PERIOD are by people who go into WvW with a buddy, or a small 5 man group, then come in here like they are up on a podium next to Chewbacca and Han Solo receiving their medal (on a side note, why the crap didn’t Chewey get a kitten medal… Focus…).

Most of the posters in here are the equivilent of fans of a sports game. Just like in sports, one team’s fan will talk trash about another team’s accomplishments or failures, and to the rescue comes the other teams fan to defend them and call them crap.

The main team players know the real deal, and there is more saluting from them than any fan. If the ones really responsible for the win can be civil, how about the fans chill the hell out and take a page from them…

Trust me, your little 5 man team showing up for 3 hours 3 days this week doesn’t give you the right to treat other people like crap.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: Cinix.2135

Cinix.2135

Honestly guys, lets simmer down a bit. Here is the skinny:

MOST of the people on here making excuses, belittling, talking trash, and slinging mud didnt have CRAP to do with the wins. I would literally say 90% of the posts PERIOD are by people who go into WvW with a buddy, or a small 5 man group, then come in here like they are up on a podium next to Chewbacca and Han Solo receiving their medal (on a side note, why the crap didn’t Chewey get a kitten medal… Focus…).

Most of the posters in here are the equivilent of fans of a sports game. Just like in sports, one team’s fan will talk trash about another team’s accomplishments or failures, and to the rescue comes the other teams fan to defend them and call them crap.

The main team players know the real deal, and there is more saluting from them than any fan. If the ones really responsible for the win can be civil, how about the fans chill the hell out and take a page from them…

Trust me, your little 5 man team showing up for 3 hours 3 days this week doesn’t give you the right to treat other people like crap.

So what you’re saying is that everyone who doesn’t belong to a huge guild is crap. Hmm ya that stops the belittling; more like you are talking more crap. Just because someone is running around 5man doesn’t mean they don’t feed Intel or help others take stuff.

You were trying to be the bigger man by posting this and then kitten slapping everyone who cannot run a zerg with backhand comments. You sir are a kitten. Flame on.

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: illuminate.7053

illuminate.7053

Last week SOS lost by 90k, this week SOS win by at least 40k.
That’s 130k regression by JQ!

Either you guys regressed 20-30% in ability this week…….

or… you know.. pre-planned and announced holidays.

What is it about the merc guild? Do they go out of their way to recruit idiots and trolls or does it just all flow from the top?

Week 46 SoS beats JQ by 34K (SBI 3rd 55K behind leader)
Week 47 SoS beats JQ by 66K (SBI 2nd 18K behind leader)
Week 48 SoS beats JQ by 17K (SBI 3rd 37K behind leader)
Week 49 SoS beats JQ by 3K (SBI 3rd 30K behind leader)
Week 50 SoS beats JQ by 101K (SBI 2nd 55K behind leader)
Week 51 SoS beats JQ by 38K (SBI 3rd 39K behind leader)
Week 52 JQ beats SoS by 92K (SBI 3rd 125K behind leader)
Week 01 SoS beats JQ by … looking like anywhere between 40K-80K depending on who shows up in the last days play. (SBI will finish 3rd … ~90K? behind leader)

You are also conveniently forgetting that this is WvWvW, SBI are in the mix up as well and actually finished in 2nd place in that list twice. Their performance each week has a direct bearing on the performance of the other two servers and so without considering their score your statement is a bit meaninggless.

Now what does the above list tell you? Well it certainly confirms SoS are the dominant T1 force right now consistently and are an opponent to be respected. However, it also shows that there is a decent amount of shifting in the scores. I personally would like more variation and I would say that even JQ was performing like SoS. I am sure you can draw many other conclusions but based on your previous posts I really am not convinced I am interested in reading them. Surprise me.

Now, for a server who’s movers and shakers publically state they desire competitive WvW you would think that some sort of variation in scores would be welcome. It certainly keeps WvW a bit fresher anyway. However, it certainly appears that significant factions of your server actually would prefer an easy ride of 500 ppt ticks every time rather than hard fought and close battles based on the posts I read from some of you. Believe me, it becomes boring fast, ask HoD guilds, you have some on your server I think.

Given that MERC in particular only seem to post scores that show a nice 400 plus tick after their little juants in WvW then you do begin to wonder what some people really want out of this game. Maybe they really are that awesome…..

Seriously, why don’t you take a gander at the posting tone of some of the other guilds on your server and stop posting rubbish

Anyway, see what I did there, we can both post rubbish

Good luck next week to all three servers. I hope we all get a challenging match up.

That list only tells me that JQ won us in 1 out of… 8 matches and you guys feel good although in my very honest opinion it was due to the holidays. As i said in my very honest opinion, you guys can disagree or agree for all i care, really. You guys have your opinions and i respect them, so respect mine too. Additionally, i also did congratulate you guys for the win last week.
And SBI isn’t in my picture anymore. No offense. I still wish them best of luck at T2. For me i only post scores before i go to sleep, instead of your accusation of “post scores that show a nice 400 plus tick after their little juants in WvW”. And to your.. “I really am not convinced I am interested in reading them. Surprise me.”, so be it.

Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Officer
Sea Of Sorrows

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

What I’m saying is that YOU did not get the crown, YOU did not get the medal, YOU did not win, WE did. What we do have is the small team guys and the casual WvWers in here talking trash, while the guys who run class workshops, field huge teams, go to meetings, strat out the whole week, and run umpteen hours in WvW are /saluting.

Once again, your HELP does not give you the “treat people like garbage” license, but apparently a forum account does.

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

ISteveI.9732

Gosh! I’m so glad another thread gonna create tomorrow….
Everyone should take a little break from forum, cool down and have a nice cold beer…

Sea of Sorrows

SoS vs JQ vs SBI 1/4/13

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

@coronbale You don’t have the biggest ego I’ve seen on the internet but you sure are trying to achieve that goal. Congratulations on your internet meetings with all of your commanders, they sound like a big deal.

I hate it when other Tier 1 servers make it sound like we are wrong to be responsible and organized.

It makes me feel so old hanging out with all these other 18+ year old adults on SOS.

Am I getting wrinkles?

(edited by Jedahs.2713)