Sorrow's F./Henge of D./Devona's R. (12/14)

in WvW

Posted by: Fizz.1072

Fizz.1072

I’m from DR, and i feel bad for HoD, and SF, I keep telling everyone to take a break and give them a chance XD, but they wanna keep going so whatever, I’m enjoying the week off since we won’t be losing anytime soon.

Also were entering T6 next update! Excited for this

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

It’s a shame that SF who isnt outmanned has to wait and spawn the NPC champion to take towers. It’s even numbers out there late night fellas. .

It’s a shame that DR who isnt outmanned has to wait and spawn a dozen siege golems to take garrisons. lol look how many of u it took to kill us

You act like not having the outmanned buff somehow means we have the supply to gain a foothold in the map. Like somehow us not being outmanned makes it so you guys don’t have the towers maxed out with waypoints in all the keeps. Our lack of extra karma and experience from events is draining you guys of supply so you can’t just keep repairing or out-siege us. Or the lack of outmanned means when you guys see that one of your towers is under attack you won’t bring half your server over to respond to it.

You do good ONE week and suddenly you’re big man in the house. Well, I wish you and your guildies the best of luck when you get in a balanced matchup.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Max Castle.6173

Max Castle.6173

It’s a shame that SF who isnt outmanned has to wait and spawn the NPC champion to take towers. It’s even numbers out there late night fellas. .

It’s a shame that DR who isnt outmanned has to wait and spawn a dozen siege golems to take garrisons. lol look how many of u it took to kill us

You act like not having the outmanned buff somehow means we have the supply to gain a foothold in the map. Like somehow us not being outmanned makes it so you guys don’t have the towers maxed out with waypoints in all the keeps. Our lack of extra karma and experience from events is draining you guys of supply so you can’t just keep repairing or out-siege us. Or the lack of outmanned means when you guys see that one of your towers is under attack you won’t bring half your server over to respond to it.

LOL you think that’s the reason they ran the golem train?

Anyways, someone needs to say this. You guys need to get some toughness and vitality, so many glass cannons its a joke.

Flag
[DSL]
30/30/30/30/30 Memer

in WvW

Posted by: Adult Magazine.9052

Adult Magazine.9052

You do good ONE week and suddenly you’re big man in the house. Well, I wish you and your guildies the best of luck when you get in a balanced matchup.

This is the best post I have seen on here. Everything you said was spot on. Good job sir, I agree with you 100%

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Adult Magazine.9052

Some random guy from ET here, I can’t comment on Devona’s Rest but I have to feel more inclined with HoD as they are like our brothers to me. I also do know from my old guild that transferred to DR from ET and talking to them how DR kinda sounds like. Congrats on breaking out of Tier 8 but take HoD’s warnings seriously. From what I’ve seen a RL friend play on DR, it sounds like you guys got mass transfers but some are thinking like they’re hotshots (not all). During Hod vs ET vs SF, some got a little kitteny in SF for zerging us out of the maps, but from what I hear, they got a good tearing (no offense) the next match. Definitely don’t underestimate HoD, our servers do better during the week when all the weekend warriors go away and the enemy zergs die out. For all you know, they might take all of EB like they did to GoM.

I was the one Commanding when we did this 2 days in a row

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Wow this thread has it all. We got old friends (Fergs and Kains) stopping in to remind us we still have numbers against them. We’ve got new friends (HoD and SF) reminding us that we have numbers against them. And then we have some cheeky Blackgate fellow who has decided to muck around in the mire of the bottom tier threads to remind us no matter what our numbers are the higher tiers are still better than us in DR.
I for one hope HoD and SF show up and start giving me an opportunity to get into my comfortable zerg ball and hump me some karma trains. Really you are disappointing ole Khans and severely interrupting his ability to casually play the game. I have actually STAYED in SM and farmed Gifts (those toys hurt I just grab the presents and run). I can honestly say I’ve had one excitable fight this entire matchup and of course it got ruined by a zerg ball. I miss the amazians of Kain and the sweet candy loot bags those Envy guys always dropped.
I still chuckle when I see a higher tiered server actually take any kind of interest in us lowly tiers. Higher tiers =/= better players (unless your in T8 then of course we are better than you. I had a video of me soloing 3 Envy mesmers AND 6 NoQQ at the same time to prove my egaming leet pro skilz, but my wife deleted it.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

in WvW

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

Yes DR is a zerg server, and SF and HoD are strategy experts. That is why 1 GASM Thief and 1 Pro Thief successfully defended a tower with no siege against 20 SF and wiped them not once but twice in a row before we had 2 other people show up to defend, and SF gave up.

With such elite skill how will we ever win…..

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

I don’t get it. Is this really a shame? It’s a new event specifically put into the game to help both organize and inspire weaker sides and honestly I want to see it happen on my side for myself (those NPCs are nuts!).

I don’t want to discount SF and HoD because that first day after reset was incredibly interesting. You had each server immediately take and defend their towers, and everyone was active everywhere; 30-man zergs in what felt like all maps from all three servers. Then the game went down for the Wintersday’s patch (all booted from WvW) and suddenly it felt like everything was smaller. Even on DR the queue times completely dissipated, as the queue for EB and DR bl is what led me into SF’s bl immediately after reset but completely vanished after Wv3 was reopened.

But from what I saw in the bl that first day both SF and HoD have a lot to offer. I won’t forget SF’s attempt to recapture Bay in the borderlands with its speedy and organized placement of balista and catapults to take out all my recently constructed defenses (I did a lot of supply running for those!). They both have used noticeably different tactics from what I’m accustomed to seeing, and I like that. And I hope to see more as the weeks go on and the holidays taper down.

Incidentally am I the only one who wishes they could use all these ugly wool sweaters to make an awesome looking holiday zerg?

(edited by LegoTechnic.5910)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

DR has queue times ? How were you ever in T8!??!

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

There have been some short queue times, but not on all maps. DR seems to have a very active WvW player-base for it’s overall server population.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The message here is that you should be prepared to be sent right back down here like SF did. You remind us of them a few weeks ago, feel free to check that match-up’s score and how they’ve done since. It’s OK, we’ll wait a few weeks, we’ve waited months already, and it’s delicious every time.

Please remember that it was a small (but vocal) minority who were like that. The vast majority of us SFers knew the real story with the score during that particular match-up and didn’t fool ourselves into thinking that that crazy high score had anything to do with mad WvW skillz.

As far as I remember it was only one guy who was bragging. And he doesn’t even play on SF anymore.

And the bragging thread in question was definitely a trolling thread. Which was filled with SF folks who were replying how they were not on board with the sentiment of the thread. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I for one knew the deal and used the opportunity that week to get 100% map completions on all my low level alts. Especially when I saw the projections for what server we’d be facing next.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

why is everyone kitten. It’s just a game stop QQin everywhere. No need to beat your chest on stuff you cant do. DR has numbers and this tier is theres. I havent been to wvw since 2nd day of this match up cus its a slaughter fest for HoD and SF. (im on DR). WvW is so boring lol. All of the glass cannons you 2 servers got die fast in a zerg
One good player can run through half your zerg lol so dont need to brag on here.

Word of advice get some ppl to become tanks or CC. Guard/Wars could be tanks/CC cus some of your guys guards/wars are turrible at DPS.

in WvW

Posted by: Detharos.3157

Detharos.3157

Congratulations to DR on its advancement and likely continued future advancement. As a Ferg player I admit there were some real frustrating times dealing with you folks but yet in the end without you here things just don’t quite feel the same, for better or worse. I’m sure DR will go through its trials, as will all servers in all tiers. I’d like to think they have what it takes to go far though and I root for them to continue advancing in the hopes that both FC and Kain might be vindicated in the eyes of those witnessing its advancement; for having held ground as well as they did and for as long as they did against a server of such force.

Regarding drama; as having played various MMOs with similar PvP functions I can calmly say it is not only an inevitability but that it is intensified beyond normal levels in a PvP structure such as WvWvW. From as a single player dying to 5 people ganks to conquering 5 people ganks, to losing highly upgraded keeps and towers that you practically went through hell to keep to a mere 3-10 person unnoticed time-zone attack to doing the very same thing to other server’s keeps and towers. From carelessly letting yourself think its a “Single Server vs Single Server” and investing heavily as such only for the true WvWvW picture to come to light when your forces end up on the unfavorable or favorable side of a war with multiple fronts. To sometimes successful “bro-fist” filled guild alliances or even cross-server alliances to backstabbing and betrayals flipping your entire BLs or EB color when you least expect it.

These situations and realities that all who participate seriously in WvWvW are likely to experience at some point (at least some if not all) are like a cooking pot for intense emotions. As server pride rises when an up and coming under dog accomplishes the unexpected, or a former tyrant that fell into a trash can when many guilds transferred servers yet suddenly breaks out of its chains to rise again… and many other situations you could all name. The emotions that result are bound to light the occasional forum thread aflame with some harsh words and feelings.

Yet I’d like to think that throughout all the highs and lows witnessed within whatever tiers, we all come to respect some names, be they people, guilds servers or what not on this field of war that is WvWvW. And the occasional good and constructive forum posts that result surely outweigh a hundred posts of trolling or raw unrestrained negative emotions given text form. So that I say kudos to all who have done such on all sides.

These server wars are like a furnace, and we the players are the metal. We are constantly being forged through various situations into something different. I can say that despite feeling I have a long way to go, as a ranger I improved leaps and bounds battling against DR in various locations for the past month however long its been since I got into WvWvW. For that I’m grateful and as far as I’m concerned DR/Kain/Ferg is a chapter in my WvWvW book that I will always remember.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if one day, somehow in a higher tier with an even further improved/numbered player base these three once again met in combat and lit a tier aflame?

Dathaul, 80 Melee Ranger
Ferguson’s Crossing server.

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

LOL you think that’s the reason they ran the golem train?

I see my sarcasm has gone undetected. Fancy that.

Anyways, someone needs to say this. You guys need to get some toughness and vitality, so many glass cannons its a joke.

Please relay that message to your roamers. I’ve been running around on a level 28 Mesmer the last two nights and somehow I’ve come out on top of nearly all of the fights… Thieves, Dual-Dagger Eles, Warriors, I should not be able to take them in a fight with my gear and lack of elites…

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: Karg.2381

Karg.2381

Congratulations to DR on its advancement and likely continued future advancement. As a Ferg player I admit there were some real frustrating times dealing with you folks but yet in the end without you here things just don’t quite feel the same, for better or worse. I’m sure DR will go through its trials, as will all servers in all tiers. I’d like to think they have what it takes to go far though and I root for them to continue advancing in the hopes that both FC and Kain might be vindicated in the eyes of those witnessing its advancement; for having held ground as well as they did and for as long as they did against a server of such force.

Regarding drama; as having played various MMOs with similar PvP functions I can calmly say it is not only an inevitability but that it is intensified beyond normal levels in a PvP structure such as WvWvW. From as a single player dying to 5 people ganks to conquering 5 people ganks, to losing highly upgraded keeps and towers that you practically went through hell to keep to a mere 3-10 person unnoticed time-zone attack to doing the very same thing to other server’s keeps and towers. From carelessly letting yourself think its a “Single Server vs Single Server” and investing heavily as such only for the true WvWvW picture to come to light when your forces end up on the unfavorable or favorable side of a war with multiple fronts. To sometimes successful “bro-fist” filled guild alliances or even cross-server alliances to backstabbing and betrayals flipping your entire BLs or EB color when you least expect it.

These situations and realities that all who participate seriously in WvWvW are likely to experience at some point (at least some if not all) are like a cooking pot for intense emotions. As server pride rises when an up and coming under dog accomplishes the unexpected, or a former tyrant that fell into a trash can when many guilds transferred servers yet suddenly breaks out of its chains to rise again… and many other situations you could all name. The emotions that result are bound to light the occasional forum thread aflame with some harsh words and feelings.

Yet I’d like to think that throughout all the highs and lows witnessed within whatever tiers, we all come to respect some names, be they people, guilds servers or what not on this field of war that is WvWvW. And the occasional good and constructive forum posts that result surely outweigh a hundred posts of trolling or raw unrestrained negative emotions given text form. So that I say kudos to all who have done such on all sides.

These server wars are like a furnace, and we the players are the metal. We are constantly being forged through various situations into something different. I can say that despite feeling I have a long way to go, as a ranger I improved leaps and bounds battling against DR in various locations for the past month however long its been since I got into WvWvW. For that I’m grateful and as far as I’m concerned DR/Kain/Ferg is a chapter in my WvWvW book that I will always remember.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if one day, somehow in a higher tier with an even further improved/numbered player base these three once again met in combat and lit a tier aflame?

You dear Sir have my respect for one of the best post’s i’ve read on these forums. You are a credit to Ferg. I was becoming very jaded with all the rubbish spouted on here, but you’ve restored my faith.
Good luck to you and have fun.

SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Great post, and I’m honestly not surprised it came from a FC player. I would love to see you folks move up with us … it was a lot more fun battling you guys (Kain as well) than it has been thus far here in Tier 7. I have a couple of screen shots here from last night showing the running points being 695 for DR, 0 for SF, and 0 for HoD.

“Kill them all”

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

Loyalty and being persistent is the reason we have numbers in WvW. We don’t give up. Many people wanna trash talk devona tring to find an excuse saying “oh its just numbers” . We have good players on pvp and bad players as every single server but there is a fact we have hard working people willing to win. To all those from SF and HoD talking kitten about Devona I am saying this not to hurt you or anything I am saying it because it’s a fact Kain and Fergusons had way better players then you guys and I honestly think they deserve to be in this tier.

I am sorry we have more dedicated players than you guys have and I am sorry about the broken match making system and free server transfers. Devona belongs to 3rd-5th tier bracket imo but due to the broken server ranking system we have to be in tier 6 and dominate at all times. We are tring to make it to tier 6 this week but seems like we gonna miss around 5k-10k rating at the end of the week unless GoM fails harder this week because devona is already doing max points.

I wish you guys good luck in next match up.

we passed GoM 10 hours ago bro

It doesn’t mean that it will stay that way ratings can change. Devona can not do better than this we are already holding 695 at all times but if GoM do better their rating will go up and we will miss around 5k-10k rating to go tier 6.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Martinec.6579

Martinec.6579

Just wanted to give props to both HoD and SF for not giving up even with such large number differences.

You guys keep pushing hard whatever the odds are and you got our respect for that : )

Some people on DR seems to have forgotten that not so long ago we were in the exact same postion you are in right now and even tho it sucks, keep in mind that it’s just temporary, when you get to face servers with similar numbers it will attract new people into WvW on your server as well as encourage some transfers.

As for DR, I can’t wait to see us face a server our size, I fear that constantly winning against underpopulated servers will make us soft and lazy…hopefully I’m wrong !

in WvW

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

Dear DR many of you seem to have no grasp on the current state of WvW and I’m a bit surprised at this given your servers situation.
Were you really expecting this week to be a fight?
You have won the last 9 weeks!
Why are you not more upset that anet has kept you in tier 8 for 9 weeks even though you have won?
You should not have been in tier 8 for awhile now.
You are crushing us (HoD) and SF – show some respect for the dead and move on

Here is HoD’s history since WvW went to one week matchups vs DR’s history
(seriously anet do something as your rankings are very bad)
HoD no wins at all………………………DR 9 wins – all in a row the last 9 weeks

Sorrow’s Furnace 17 783
Henge of Denravi 15 492
Devona’s Rest 196 440

Henge of Denravi 121 208………..Devona’s Rest 378 482
Gate of Madness 387 903………..Ferguson’s Crossing 124 955
Eredon Terrace 89 112……………Kaineng 109 725

Sorrow’s Furnace 103 845…………Devona’s Rest 336 439
Borlis Pass 434 547……………………Kaineng 118 207
Henge of Denravi 71 217…………..Ferguson’s Crossing 153 061

Henge of Denravi 39 250……………Devona’s Rest 219 141
Sorrow’s Furnace 529 536………….Kaineng 205 906
Eredon Terrace 27 253…………….Ferguson’s Crossing 185 656

Ehmry Bay 404 033………………………Devona’s Rest 302 899
Henge of Denravi 62 781…………….Kaineng 156 603
Dragonbrand 141 164………………Ferguson’s Crossing 134 049

Fort Aspenwood 480 376…………..Devona’s Rest 308 763
Henge of Denravi 47 039……………..Kaineng 142 242
Darkhaven 74 228………………………..Ferguson’s Crossing 151 344

Tarnished Coast 363 680……………Devona’s Rest 280 555
Henge of Denravi 60 119………………Kaineng 183 356
Crystal Desert 196 403………………Ferguson’s Crossing 137 626

Isle of Janthir 101 652……………..Ferguson’s Crossing 153 988
Henge of Denravi 28 111……………..Devona’s Rest 270 902
Sea of Sorrows 493 070……………..Kaineng 184 304

Henge of Denravi 19 050………………Ferguson’s Crossing 183 815
Blackgate 615 373……………………Kaineng 182 699
Eredon Terrace 16 561………………Devona’s Rest 237 195

Jade Quarry 451 909…………………Ferguson’s Crossing 227 103
Henge of Denravi 48 258……………….Kaineng 240 199
Stormbluff Isle 135 619…………….Devona’s Rest 151 805

Henge of Denravi 1 54 276……………Borlis Pass 364 552
Jade Quarry 346 249………………….Devona’s Rest 116 421
Eredon Terrace 126 535…………….Kaineng 136 870

Henge of Denravi 2nd…………………..Ferguson’s Crossing won
Stormbluff Isle 3rd………………………Devona’s Rest 3rd
Jade Quarry won……………………….Kaineng 2nd

Now the question you have ask is this – how can a server that has not won once in 12 weeks be rated higher than a server who has not lost in 9!!?

(edited by kreese.9461)

in WvW

kreese.9461

Just wanted to give props to both HoD and SF for not giving up even with such large number differences.

You guys keep pushing hard whatever the odds are and you got our respect for that : )

Some people on DR seems to have forgotten that not so long ago we were in the exact same postion you are in right now and even tho it sucks, keep in mind that it’s just temporary, when you get to face servers with similar numbers it will attract new people into WvW on your server as well as encourage some transfers.

As for DR, I can’t wait to see us face a server our size, I fear that constantly winning against underpopulated servers will make us soft and lazy…hopefully I’m wrong !

I think you guys probably belong in tier 5 or 6 cant really say with the way people move around and show up one week and not the next

shouts out to two members of the BSty guild on DR – you guys are seriously good no need in my saying who you know who you are (I am NOT the only one on HoD with this opinion)

in WvW

LegoTechnic.5910

@kreese: The answer to that is DR was bottom-barrel originally, as in many suspected them to be the worst Wv3 server of the listing. This attracted players looking to specifically join and help the bottom-rung, which in turn led to both player transfers as well as a revitalization of interest among the playerbase already present on the server. There have been ups and downs, but the DR of the past nine weeks should not be considered the same as the DR from before that, and in the rating system they had a sizeable deficit to make up before ascending.

Meanwhile other servers are encountering the situations leading to diminished interest in Wv3 whereas originally they had a better showing, and this leads them to a poorer showing yet still having amassed a buffer from earlier matches that must be depleted before they fall.

I imagine the purpose is so that one week doesn’t drastically change a server standing (as many things can happen), though I admit to not actually knowing what the ranking system designers really intended. I mean a lot can happen to a server, and active guilds transferring off can completely change its Wv3 showing within moments, but would it be fair to those that remained if it caused an immediate drop in placement without giving time to adjust? Or… have I been in t8 so long that that is completely different from how it is in higher tiers? I joined my brother on DR when I started (he liked the name) and haven’t played on any other, and that’s what it’s at least seemed like to me.

in WvW

kreese.9461

After saying what i have in this thread I wanted to thank the commanders on HoD for sticking with us

I also want to thank those WvW players who continue to stick around week after week

Without you the game just loose all appeal, not to mention naked norn dancing during sieges would probably be banned

in WvW

kreese.9461

@kreese: The answer to that is DR was bottom-barrel originally, as in many suspected them to be the worst Wv3 server of the listing. This attracted players looking to specifically join and help the bottom-rung, which in turn led to both player transfers as well as a revitalization of interest among the playerbase already present on the server. There have been ups and downs, but the DR of the past nine weeks should not be considered the same as the DR from before that, and in the rating system they had a sizeable deficit to make up before ascending.

Meanwhile other servers are encountering the situations leading to diminished interest in Wv3 whereas originally they had a better showing, and this leads them to a poorer showing yet still having amassed a buffer from earlier matches that must be depleted before they fall.

I imagine the purpose is so that one week doesn’t drastically change a server standing (as many things can happen), though I admit to not actually knowing what the ranking system designers really intended. I mean a lot can happen to a server, and active guilds transferring off can completely change its Wv3 showing within moments, but would it be fair to those that remained if it caused an immediate drop in placement without giving time to adjust? Or… have I been in t8 so long that that is completely different from how it is in higher tiers? I joined my brother on DR when I started and haven’t played on any other, and that’s what it’s at least seemed like to me.

I think even the BCS would have a hard time coming up with a system whereby the looser of every weekly matchup since wvw went weekly would be favored over a winner of the last 9

dont defend them, you should not have been in T8 for along time now, you just didn’t know it

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

@Kreese

You guys have enough in SF to beat DR. It is no ones fault ppl gave up after day one. You guys had a zerg bigger than DRs on first day that took out the bottom 2 keeps on DRs map in minutes and destroyed DR. If you had kept that up it wuda been a even fight between SF and DR. So its no ones fault but your servers that you have lost 12 times. Also DR only won 9 times cus they could put up 3 times the amount of ppl on a map in tier 8 and kaineng or ferg didnt have any where near enough to counter. Which is how it won 9 times.

Please do your research before you start QQing.

in WvW

kreese.9461

@Kreese

You guys have enough in SF to beat DR. It is no ones fault ppl gave up after day one. You guys had a zerg bigger than DRs on first day that took out the bottom 2 keeps on DRs map in minutes and destroyed DR. If you had kept that up it wuda been a even fight between SF and DR. So its no ones fault but your servers that you have lost 12 times. Also DR only won 9 times cus they could put up 3 times the amount of ppl on a map in tier 8 and kaineng or ferg didnt have any where near enough to counter. Which is how it won 9 times.

so i post the factual results of the past 12 weeks and you reply with ya but.. and argue with the results maybe you have more of a disagreement with anet’s scoring system than i do

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

@kreese.9461
I hear what you are saying and you pose great questions.
Each week there is the opportunity for guilds to transfer and sway the balance of some tiers, either good or bad. DR has only experienced fighting BP, Kain and Ferg. I can only speak on my experience fighting Kain’s and Fergs as I moved from CD, but the fights have been intense. You can see that by the score comparisons each week. I for one honestly had no idea what to expect this week (needless to say this wasn’t what I had hoped for). I’ll admit I didn’t do any research or cared to do any on the upcoming match.
I’d assume some people were mad we were in T8 for so long but the fights we had made WvWvW fun. I’d trade 3 servers fairly even any day over one controlling the entire map and could care less about what tier I was in. We don’t get anything for being in a certain tier so really I ask what’s in a tier?
Finally final score isn’t important to me (but I know it is to some). I can’t control where we are placed and how well other servers perform, so why should I let it bother me.
I also don’t know the entire history of HoD but it’s safe to safe the first week matchup “may” have had a competitive tone to it as you did come in 2nd. Either way don’t take this in any way a negative response. I only desired to answer the questions you had posed from my viewpoint.

TLDR- As long as the matches are competitive I could give a kitten what tier we are in.

in WvW

kreese.9461

@kreese.9461
I hear what you are saying and you pose great questions.
Each week there is the opportunity for guilds to transfer and sway the balance of some tiers, either good or bad. DR has only experienced fighting BP, Kain and Ferg. I can only speak on my experience fighting Kain’s and Fergs as I moved from CD, but the fights have been intense. You can see that by the score comparisons each week. I for one honestly had no idea what to expect this week (needless to say this wasn’t what I had hoped for). I’ll admit I didn’t do any research or cared to do any on the upcoming match.
I’d assume some people were mad we were in T8 for so long but the fights we had made WvWvW fun. I’d trade 3 servers fairly even any day over one controlling the entire map and could care less about what tier I was in. We don’t get anything for being in a certain tier so really I ask what’s in a tier?
Finally final score isn’t important to me (but I know it is to some). I can’t control where we are placed and how well other servers perform, so why should I let it bother me.
I also don’t know the entire history of HoD but it’s safe to safe the first week matchup “may” have had a competitive tone to it as you did come in 2nd. Either way don’t take this in any way a negative response. I only desired to answer the questions you had posed from my viewpoint.

TLDR- As long as the matches are competitive I could give a kitten what tier we are in.

that first week was the delay in fair weather TA coat tail riders learning of TA’s departure from the server – they quickly found out and transferred themselves – had we not lost such a large number of players we could have stabilized (we went from 2-4 hour queue times at all hours for ALL WvW zones to outnumberd) just made it impossible at this point

I also agree with your not caring what tier just so the wvw is competitive and fun – problem is the current ratings systems is as much a hindrance as a help

(edited by kreese.9461)

in WvW

Posted by: Sajec.5302

Sajec.5302

@those who flamed my post about SF hiding behind event champion
1. They were not outmanned, it was pretty even teams (late night btw)
2. They had the advantage of spawn being right behind them while we had to run the map
3. They didnt have outmanned buff

Now dont get me wrong, i told DR folks before we moved up in tier we’d prob move to T6 on the first reset as I already knew the situation with SF and HoD. (sorry for you all but kudos to not giving up on your server!)

The point i trying to make is with even numbers SF kept waiting for the champion to take a tower they SHOULD have been able to take with relative ease. Its not hard to take the north supply camp..get supplies…WP to spawn..run down and gank the tower.

What ive seen so far…SF and HoD have plenty of folks but you all need to get out of the glass cannon builds. When 2 ele’s can charge in and drop 2 AoEs and 6-8 of u are in downed state….need to rethink your gear. Its great hitting those big numbers, but useless if your not alive to spike! Reduced dmg for greater survivability will get you much farther. Also, id say recruit some more melee classes. Most ranged classes go for glass cannon build so soon as melee close with them they start dropping like flies which leaves you with nothing but a full retreat or respawn. Melee = meatshield speedbumps =)

Dredstorm One Eye
Daemon’s Gate [HELL]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Adult Magazine.9052

After saying what i have in this thread I wanted to thank the commanders on HoD for sticking with us

I also want to thank those WvW players who continue to stick around week after week

Without you the game just loose all appeal, not to mention naked norn dancing during sieges would probably be banned

I’m never leaving HoD been here since day 1 Everyone that has stuck around is awesome. Naked Norn dancing is what wins battles these days.

I wouldn’t care if we were the last ranked server, I just want a fair fight after weeks of being steamrolled over on our way to the bottom.

Commander Shakalakazam
Fat Kids Lag IRL [FAT]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

@Kreese

so i post the factual results of the past 12 weeks and you reply with ya but.. and argue with the results maybe you have more of a disagreement with anet’s scoring system than i do

anets only telling you what your server is doing lol. It aint their fault you guys lost 12 times.

in WvW

Morningstar.6208

I think main problem about WvW is the transfers and people who are not loyal to their server. On those terms many players who get killed my large group of enemies again and again just gets frustrated and leave WvW so server starts to lose harder and then they leave the server for a winning server.

Most of our enemies believe Devona had great transfers from other servers and that’s why we win. Which is not the actual reason behind devona’s rising. It is because we worked hard, we train our people, we show them how to defend how to attack and explain in every situation what do they need to do. We are really serious about winning but we do not forget the main reason why we are playing, to have fun. We are tring to make the WvW fun for everybody so they will come back for more. We don’t let any negative attitude which will effect morale of our players in map chat. We have experienced commanders who are not just there to lead their guild or a small group they lead everybody in map. We have a really respectful player base who fight everyday and know each other. And major characteristic of Devona is we do not give up. We will go and die billion times but we will accomplish the mission. We fought with outnumbered buff several times and we had a bigger group when we faced enemy because we know when to group up when to split up. I have seen so many times Ferguson’s Kaineng and now SF and HoD they come with a big zerg they continue until they get wiped and then poof nobody comes back.

I already said too much I am not here to give our strategies and tactics but what we do is beyond knowing how to fight or how to place siege. We think about morale and how we can bring more people to field and we train them with right habbits.

Bad sides:
We are getting some more players due to the fact we are on a winning streak. We welcome everybody to Devona but some people are joining us just because it is a winning server and they will leave Devona when things get hard in upper Tiers. That’s why we ask every new guild the reason why they transfered to us. We respect everybody willing to only fight for Devona and stay here forever.

We got used to winning and we have been getting ready for tier 7 for a long time and now we got a free pass to tier 6 which might cause us to drop the ball. We didn’t fought at EB almost at all because there is no threat which means we didn’t practice for next week.

Last words:
I just hope we will have the same ambition when we move up to 6th Tier because NSP looks like a worthy opponent for us.

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

goodluck in wvw btw DR im going back to tier8 in ET.

in WvW

kreese.9461

@Kreese

anets only telling you what your server is doing lol. It aint their fault you guys lost 12 times.

indirectly it is.. anet ranking system kept us artificially high – too high for us to win so we dropped players which caused us to perform worse the next week so we dropped players, rinse, wash, repeat – I get where you are coming from but to say anet is blameless in what happened to ET and HoD is just flat wrong

in WvW

Morningstar.6208

Set a Deadline for server Transfers and make it available for every 3 months. Do not allow transfer’s to populated servers.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Most of our enemies believe Devona had great transfers from other servers and that’s why we win. Which is not the actual reason behind devona’s rising.

Funny, Borlis Pass uses this same line as they continue to climb up. Yes DR had/has some great guilds and they became a lot more WvW active, and I’m sure a lot more people from PvE became more WvW active and connected, but if you honestly believe that DR has not gotten transfers in to help with the “numbers” game….then please send me some of those drugs.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Valenna Tiefling.5806

Valenna Tiefling.5806

indirectly it is.. anet ranking system kept us artificially high – too high for us to win so we dropped players which caused us to perform worse the next week so we dropped players, rinse, wash, repeat – I get where you are coming from but to say anet is blameless in what happened to ET and HoD is just flat wrong

Lets be honest. ET and HoD are the primary losers in ANet’s boggling of the transfer system, and in the slowness of the current ranking system to adjust to complete washouts. There have been more than enough unanswered calls for an official response to how and when they’re going to fix transfers. (Unless there’s a more satisfactory answer than “it’s proving more difficult than we though” that I just haven’t read)

Those of us with some loyalty to a single side have stayed, but we’ve lost literally all of our fair weather players over the past 2 months, a group which contributes a large number of bodies to most servers’ WvW efforts. The ones you’ve got left here now are, as another thread called us, “the brass tacks”. (Though I prefer stubborn nails)

The only way for this to be fixed is for ANet to finally lock down transfers, so that HoD and the other lower tier servers can start developing new players, and not worry about newly transferred guilds leaving the second that momentum shifts.

Commander Valenna, Genesis Theory [GT]
“Neither the sudden shock of battle, nor the long-drawn trials of
vigilance and exertion will wear us down. Give us the tools and we will finish the job.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

I had a video of me soloing 3 Envy mesmers AND 6 NoQQ at the same time to prove my egaming leet pro skilz, but my wife deleted it.

Riggggghhhhttt (rolls eyes). At least it was good for a laugh ;-p

Stylii Elementalist (Staff)
(NoQQ) Leader

Can’t wait for the AoE nerfs since we ALL know Staff Elms are so powerful

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

I had a video of me soloing 3 Envy mesmers AND 6 NoQQ at the same time to prove my egaming leet pro skilz, but my wife deleted it.

(NoQQ) Leader

i dunno styl, last week me and my guardian buddy 2v12ish a group of 50/50 noqq/larp, and all the noqq died before the larp d/d eles managed to drop us. you guys don’t do as well when your on the other side of the ambush.

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

(NoQQ) Leader

i dunno styl, last week me and my guardian buddy 2v12ish a group of 50/50 noqq/larp, and all the noqq died before the larp d/d eles managed to drop us. you guys don’t do as well when your on the other side of the ambush.

Interesting since all of LARP has been on Ehmry Bay with Me for we’ll over a week. Nice try and good attempt at a Troll. CYA.

Stylii
(NoQQ)

in WvW

Mosharn.8357

(NoQQ) Leader

Interesting since all of LARP has been on Ehmry Bay with Me for we’ll over a week. Nice try and good attempt at a Troll. CYA.

Stylii
(NoQQ)

What if i told you i can kill ppl on servers i cant kill ppl on. >.>

in WvW

Posted by: Braddock.5430

Braddock.5430

Nice work tonight HoD, it was fun as usual.

Attachments:

Krag Oversteen 80 Norn Guardian
Blank Oversteen 80 Sylvari Warrior
2nd in command of [LK] The Light Keepers – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

We’re so bored!
Running a naked zerg around the map and running into the SF spawn was the high point of the day!

Attachments:

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in WvW

Posted by: Sapphirias.7164

Sapphirias.7164

I just wanted to give a shout out to HoD from DR. That was a great push you guys made tonight! Helped me level up 3 times!

Thanks again from DR! (For the fun of course, it’s no fun when people don’t fight back)

…thought that stalemate between Gar and Dawn’s was quite tedious!

in WvW

Posted by: Kyskythyn.6471

Kyskythyn.6471

I don’t want to discount SF and HoD because that first day after reset was incredibly interesting. You had each server immediately take and defend their towers, and everyone was active everywhere; 30-man zergs in what felt like all maps from all three servers. Then the game went down for the Wintersday’s patch (all booted from WvW) and suddenly it felt like everything was smaller. Even on DR the queue times completely dissipated, as the queue for EB and DR bl is what led me into SF’s bl immediately after reset but completely vanished after Wv3 was reopened.

But from what I saw in the bl that first day both SF and HoD have a lot to offer. I won’t forget SF’s attempt to recapture Bay in the borderlands with its speedy and organized placement of balista and catapults to take out all my recently constructed defenses (I did a lot of supply running for those!). They both have used noticeably different tactics from what I’m accustomed to seeing, and I like that. And I hope to see more as the weeks go on and the holidays taper down.

First day of reset on EB was the best fighting I’ve seen in awhile. I know that DR was full and queued (dunno about you two), and still it was tough fight that day. My guild was the one that claimed Stonemist for Devona’s on reset, and my goodness, both you servers brought the pain that day. HoD trebbing from Durios and then pouring through the walls, SF smashing the southwest gate and cutting our supplies up north. I wish every day were like that reset day, as it was a good fight. I think both HoD and SF have the potential to become a lot stronger, with a little motivation.

Miss Kysie – S/F condi bunker ele
River of Tears – S/D glass ele
Solo and small group roamer

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

Three of us in ODN now have our Unbreakable Choir Bells. Apologies to any annoyance this may cause over the next few nights in WvW, but the bells of war must be rung.

in WvW

Posted by: alcuin.1257

alcuin.1257

Such melodrama. I wasn’t there, but I’ve been seeing a lot of siege golems we’ve been making and also different strategies we’ve been testing. The truth is, it’s not about you or Henge or anything else. It’s that we’re BORED. BORED BORED BORED. We expected a challenge, but it turned out we are going to have to wait another week to get through the servers that have pop changed. So we’re trying fun things like building golem armies, portal bombing, some of our commanders are off completing pve achievements. We’re just bored bored bored. We’re not going to be like “Oh these poor guys, let’s back off and only send an equal number of people to fight them because we care about their feelings and emotions and don’t want to crush them.” That’s not the way this works and that’s not the way life works. We’re using this week as a testing ground since we have such a breather from fighting Kain and Ferg that it allows us to test strategies and play goofy things like golem armies.

in WvW

LegoTechnic.5910

Such melodrama. I wasn’t there, but I’ve been seeing a lot of siege golems we’ve been making and also different strategies we’ve been testing. The truth is, it’s not about you or Henge or anything else. It’s that we’re BORED. BORED BORED BORED. We expected a challenge, but it turned out we are going to have to wait another week to get through the servers that have pop changed. So we’re trying fun things like building golem armies, portal bombing, some of our commanders are off completing pve achievements. We’re just bored bored bored. We’re not going to be like “Oh these poor guys, let’s back off and only send an equal number of people to fight them because we care about their feelings and emotions and don’t want to crush them.” That’s not the way this works and that’s not the way life works. We’re using this week as a testing ground since we have such a breather from fighting Kain and Ferg that it allows us to test strategies and play goofy things like golem armies.

What server have you been playing on? There is at least one particular commander who typically does/did almost nothing except golem armies (which often ended up wiped to Ferg defenses) and karma trains (when numbers weren’t massive). Golem armies are absolutely nothing new, especially for DR, and I think you may be rationalizing from perspective? In their defense though THEY’RE FUN, and you can’t begrudge the server for having fun with what they’re doing.

It is also absolutely true that DR isn’t going to back off and make it easy. I was so starved for some tower defense that when a guildie mentioned in chat that someone was attacking a tower he was upgrading I immediately dropped what I was doing in PvE and ran there full-speed to get in on the action! All I could think was “yay, finally!”

Then Wv3 was closed down for an update and everyone was booted, and my spirit died a little more on the inside. :-/

in WvW

Morningstar.6208

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA
We Just Passed GoM again so it is still uncertain if we are replacing GoM this week. There is nothing more we can do as Devona other than hoping GoM will fail at last 2 days.

in WvW

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

A lot of those Golem pushes we’re because of me, I am testing strategies, what works, what doesn’t. Especially last night placing the trebs far away from Dawns ( up north ) and defending that area with balistas and arrow carts. SF/HoD you guys think we only zerg? I have a video here of you HoD desperately trying to defend your 4 catas against me while trying to ninja the keep in EB? This is just my opinion from what I’ve been seeing, but you guys can’t keep leaving after you die, I know it’s demoralizing but eventually numbers will come if people see there is more action going on. Instead of 2 people taking supply camps then leave, keep fighting until you get atleast 10-20 people then you can do some serious damage. I have also seen 1 very very dedicated group from HoD ( about 3-5 of them ) who kept coming back, and defended against us in Langor for over 10min once the gate was down and that gave us hell. Dedicated groups like that is what Devona has, and we worked very hard to achieve that.

As morningstar said. DR sticks at it. We keep pushing. We keep fighting. And that type of game play gets us results.

in WvW

Posted by: Zeroumus.5402

Zeroumus.5402

in the early days, DR hade a few supply camp teams that would constantly annoy our enemies who greatly out performed us at the time. They never gave up, and those people are what made DR what it is now.