Sorrow's Furnace vs Darkhaven vs Sanctum of Rall - WUVWUV

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

This is stupid. Fighting the same servers over and over again is not fun.

It was actually very fun and it’ll be another best WvW week I’ll have!

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

:o i wasn’t meaning anything by it Spartyr. It was actually pretty fun fighting you guys. I have a screenie of sorrows and sanctum fighting right infront of redwater that we was holding. lol

Attachments:

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: iii.3905

iii.3905

Omg someone found a picture of the half naked norn!!!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WARNING-TO-SANCTUM-OF-RALL

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

lol they even have him targeted.

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

SF has fallen behind today. Last night Darkhaven closed the 10k gap and took a 2k lead. They still lead by 10k and SF’s peak time is almost at its end. No doubt tomorrow there will be a 15-20k gap.

Can’t give an explanation nor an excuse as to why SF has fallen behind suddenly. Some say SoR and DH teamed up but I don’t believe it.

Last night on SoR borderlands the first DH organized guild I’ve ever seen called [DR] (I think) took redbriar with 3 catapults. We could have defended redbriar, we had the forces available to wipe them, but one of the commanders decided taking his group to Garrison was a better idea and literally passed right by briar. Big mistake IMO as DH followed by taking DB and wiping us out of their side of the map, giving them an extra 55 points that could have easily stopped.
————————————————————————————————————————-
I suggest SoR does what it can to weaken DH. Even if you remove SF from the map completely, DH will drown you in a night capping point deficit larger than last week.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I think SF is getting a bit demoralized by the night capping tbh. I disagree that it’s an issue in this specific war, but I do understand how it could be really annoying. SoR is a very resilient server though, so it looks like this one will be DH vs SR. I hope SF can get back in the game though, we actually were ahead of them for a lot of primetime today.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

makes me sad…how do i reach those??

You need to take garrison to get those trebs.
That’s the advantage of holding garrison, you can assault bay keep indefinitely.
Good game today. Glad I had the day off work.

Actually, that’s not true. Those trebuchets can be killed without entering the garrison. Sorrow’s Furnace taught us that.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

How are the queue times on Sorrow’s Furnace? Myself and few friends primarily interested in WvW were thinking about coming over. I am looking for a server that is competitive but with shorter queues than Jade Quarry. Jade Quarry queues seem to be about a hour or more generally. I played Sorrow’s Furnace in beta, but I am sure it is different now.

in WvW

Posted by: Duv.1603

Duv.1603

Ashanor: Sanctum’s queues largely depend on the map. Sometimes they’re instant even in primetime and sometimes the queue can be over 30 minutes (usually when one of the large Guilds is gathering on a certain map). I’ve never waited over an hour in a queue though. That’s just craziness and no server is worth such a long wait to play.

That said if you’re looking for a “competitive” server none of these 3 servers are probably for you since they’re all fairly lowly ranked by the silly scoring system. SoR is neither a ‘zergserver’ nor a ‘24-hour nightcapper,’ so the majority of our points come from doing well in primetime and on the weekends. Darkhaven is generally terrible in primetime, but get plenty of points zerging undefended resources in the middle of the night. SF has solid numbers in primetime but also lacks a round the clock presence and frequently seem totally disorganized despite having plenty of people on the maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

@Ashanor

It really depends on time of day, if we are winning or losing, and the map.

We have que for a few hours at peak in the evening, I would say maybe 15 mins on ‘average’, certainly longer at times specially for EB. Typically we jump into BL que and get in pretty quick, then que for where we want to go (if we had a specific location in mind) while running around killing people.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

I think SF is getting a bit demoralized by the night capping tbh. I disagree that it’s an issue in this specific war, but I do understand how it could be really annoying. SoR is a very resilient server though, so it looks like this one will be DH vs SR. I hope SF can get back in the game though, we actually were ahead of them for a lot of primetime today.

I do not think folks are demoralized, so much as taking a week off. It takes a lot of effort to fight SoR all prime time and try and keep your points ahead far enough that it wont be erased by DH farming our guards all night. Lot of folks put in a hard effort last week and now they are attending to other things or just having fun killing folks.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I do not think folks are demoralized, so much as taking a week off. It takes a lot of effort to fight SoR all prime time and try and keep your points ahead far enough that it wont be erased by DH farming our guards all night. Lot of folks put in a hard effort last week and now they are attending to other things or just having fun killing folks.

That’s part of it, but we also don’t really have a significant server-wide alliance. That’s what really kills us is the lack of coordination. When our BL has a queue yet the largest group of players we can muster is 20 strong, that’s a problem.

in WvW

Arius.7031

I do not think folks are demoralized, so much as taking a week off. It takes a lot of effort to fight SoR all prime time and try and keep your points ahead far enough that it wont be erased by DH farming our guards all night. Lot of folks put in a hard effort last week and now they are attending to other things or just having fun killing folks

Demoralized fits your description of the situation almost perfectly. To be completely honest, Sorrow’s Furnace isn’t even doing too well against Darkhaven during primetime, so I’m at a loss as to why you wouldn’t say “a lot of effort to fight SoR and Dh”. Sorrow’s Furnace will take the lead on occasion of course, you server is far more populated than both SoR and Dh, you have a queue even when you’re demoralized! Darkhaven rarely has a queue, when it does it’s only in one borderland generally.

It seems to me the problem isn’t really with people taking a break, because you’re actually still outnumbering us during the day. So the problem (I think) does not lie with less people in SF playing (because you still outnumber us regardless of less activity), but more with it being less important to fight because you know Dh will take it all back and gain another 5-10k points overnight.

@Ashanor
I’m not from Sorrow’s Furnace, so I can’t speak to specific details of the server. I can tell you, however, when they’re playing at their peak they’re virtually unstoppable (in our matchup). They’re (for the most part) great sports and they have a good population without it being ridiculous like HoD and JQ (this means less queues, but probably a small one). Overall, while I’d love it if you came to Darkhaven instead (can’t help but mention that XD), Sorrow’s Furnace would be a great server choice for you and your friends.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Posted by: Lurko.7185

Lurko.7185

Darkhaven got spanked by Yak’s Bends night crew. We as a server vowed to not let this happen again. We organized and solved a problem. Our Primetime crews are getting better day by day. DHA for the win.

Wootuz
Guild Leader of Pak’Cafan [Darkhaven]
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Niim.9260

I’m at a loss as to why you wouldn’t say “a lot of effort to fight SoR and Dh”.

Because as far as points go the important fight isnt between SoR and DH, its SoR. When SoR gets most of its points, it is fighting against SF. When SF gets most of its point’s its fighting against SoR. Sure DH is there during prime time, more this week then last, but they are largely farming most of their points from guards.

The way I look at it is if all the points available in a day is a blueberry pie (is there a better pie?), SoR and SF by nature of overlapping play time are fighting for the exact same piece of that pie. DH fights for it as well, but they do not need it because they have the rest of the pie to themselves, anything they get is just ice cream on the side.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

So a SF player here [CRIM] if you recognize the tag :P I just want to say I’m sad i missed the last day of the last match and all the this weekend, I hope SF doesn’t give up like we did vs. FA( this issue would exists less if the scores were hidden and only showed what place a server was in but different topic) I just wanted to say to those in [Zzzz] you guys drove me CRAZY last week… it is because of you I had a small group of players sit at RQ and build 4-5 ballistas and arrow carts to stop the ninja capping :P Now that I’m back can’t wait to see you all in EB/BGs

in WvW

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Thanks for the information guys.

in WvW

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

A lot of SF’ers are just bored atm. We dealt with darkhaven’s nighttime shenanigans in the previous round. All’s fair in blah blah blah and all that. We fought and won the previous match against all of the same stuff we’re against now.

It’s just that many of our players (judging from chats in borderlands and in eternal the day before reset) were looking forward to fighting someone else. This is more directed at darkhaven, very few of us have a problem with SoR. Plenty of good fights with SoR.

Basically, during the day we have to fight hard against SoR to take anything, and at night when we get the out manned buff on all maps, dark haven rolls over everything. The orb hacks don’t help either. We’ve beaten it once. From my point of view, beating the same exact thing again is tiresome.

(edited by PotatoOverdose.6583)

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I do not think folks are demoralized, so much as taking a week off. It takes a lot of effort to fight SoR all prime time and try and keep your points ahead far enough that it wont be erased by DH farming our guards all night. Lot of folks put in a hard effort last week and now they are attending to other things or just having fun killing folks

Demoralized fits your description of the situation almost perfectly. To be completely honest, Sorrow’s Furnace isn’t even doing too well against Darkhaven during primetime, so I’m at a loss as to why you wouldn’t say “a lot of effort to fight SoR and Dh”. Sorrow’s Furnace will take the lead on occasion of course, you server is far more populated than both SoR and Dh, you have a queue even when you’re demoralized! Darkhaven rarely has a queue, when it does it’s only in one borderland generally.

It seems to me the problem isn’t really with people taking a break, because you’re actually still outnumbering us during the day. So the problem (I think) does not lie with less people in SF playing (because you still outnumber us regardless of less activity), but more with it being less important to fight because you know Dh will take it all back and gain another 5-10k points overnight.

@Ashanor
I’m not from Sorrow’s Furnace, so I can’t speak to specific details of the server. I can tell you, however, when they’re playing at their peak they’re virtually unstoppable (in our matchup). They’re (for the most part) great sports and they have a good population without it being ridiculous like HoD and JQ (this means less queues, but probably a small one). Overall, while I’d love it if you came to Darkhaven instead (can’t help but mention that XD), Sorrow’s Furnace would be a great server choice for you and your friends.

You’re either clueless or making things up. SF has no queue on any of our maps except EB. And our EB queue is at most 5 minutes right now. We are tired from having to work extra hard to take gigantic leads during the day just to survive through the night with our whole map being taken by a giant mindless zerg with no enemy to even resist them all last week. I think we earned a break, and anet made it perfect for us to relax since we already defeated the current match-up.

in WvW

PotatoOverdose.6583

@Ashanor

You’re either clueless or making things up. SF has no queue on any of our maps except EB. And our EB queue is at most 5 minutes right now. We are tired from having to work extra hard to take gigantic leads during the day just to survive through the night with our whole map being taken by a giant mindless zerg with no enemy to even resist them all last week. I think we earned a break, and anet made it perfect for us to relax since we already defeated the current match-up.

Pretty much this. We have no problem with the current match-up. I don’t have a huge issue with what dark haven’s doing in this match-up. Many of our players DO have an issue with having the current match-up again.

in WvW

Lurko.7185

Sadly unless a Server moves up or Down ranks. I think we will see this match up yet again next week.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Dinks.2478

Sadly unless a Server moves up or Down ranks. I think we will see this match up yet again next week.

If it is, I will seriously be kitten off. 3 weeks against SoR. Check, 2 weeks against DH, check, Another round of the same matchup will seriously ruin WvW for me, its boring when you play the same people over and over again.

in WvW

Arius.7031

@Ashanor

It’s funny that you mention we have meet resistance, when in another thread SoR players are specifically bragging about how they’ve resisted us on multiple occasions. It seems you’re the clueless one. Regardless, I’m Dh, not SoR, my information was drawn from Niim’s post above mine (so he’s clueless too huh?) and the fact that your server is far more populated than mine (and, according to you guys, mine is split between oceanic and NA), so you outnumber us very heavily. So whatever, yeah I may be wrong, but Niim claims 15 minute queues “especially” in EB, which means they’re present in other borderlands too sometimes.

Also, it’s not a mindless zerg, you’re not in it, you have no clue what you’re talking about yet again. At least get some info from a person in that zerg before you label it. It’s actually a very smooth operating zerg of random people.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Dinks.2478

It is a mindless zerg, I don’t have to be in it. You require no mind to take a defenseless keep or 3 or 6 or 7 as you do every night because SF has no Oceanic presence.

in WvW

Arius.7031

It is a mindless zerg, I don’t have to be in it. You require no mind to take a defenseless keep or 3 or 6 or 7 as you do every night because SF has no Oceanic presence.

Most of our presence comes from NA, though we do have a decent Oceanic presence. Additionally, SF (you may forget) is not the only enemy Dh faces. You’re right, your server does not have a decent presence at night, Sanctum of Rall however does a decent prsence. They’re a very well rounded server, and we’ve actually caught them outnumbering our zerg two or three times (I haven’t been in the zerg for two nights, don’t know anymore really).

Also, not requiring a mind is not the same as not having one. Our zerg is not “mindless” (not having a mind), and Sanctum of Rall sometimes (not always) puts up a good fight, so it’s not just steamroll without thinking. In fact, we’ve had our siege sites destroyed a couple of times by SoR, they’re very capable.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Lurko.7185

And SoR and SF don’t zerg during the day when our night crew goes to bed and retake everything? riiiight.

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

Yeah, my guild and I switched to another server due to the intense night capping, heh. The first match was good, but there was no way SF could deal with consecutive weeks of DH shenanigans, heh. Good luck to SF though.

^ UM, no. SF and SoR have to fight each other during the day. DH fights…no one at night.

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Dinks.2478

And SoR and SF don’t zerg during the day when our night crew goes to bed and retake everything? riiiight.

DH has a NA and Oceanic presence. SoR apparently has managed to muster some kind of night game this week apparently, tho they are most likely just overexhausted NA players who want to have a fair chance considering DH is still winning despite their alleged being “outnumbered”. But not enough to compete with DH. SF has no night game to speak of. If you look at that correctly, it is a 3 way fight in the day time, and a mostly DH dominated 1 way zerg machine at night.

in WvW

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

I’m at work during the day. The only thing I’m zerging are 0’s and 1’s.

in WvW

Duv.1603

I wouldn’t hold your breath for a new matchup next week. Darkhaven currently has the lowest overall score of the three servers. Even if their nightcapping carries them to victory this week, it likely won’t change the overall point standings enough for new opponents in the bracket.

Unless Northern Shiverpeaks gets a crazy high score or Ehmry Bay gets smoked I’d expect to see more of the same for this group next match-up.

in WvW

Dinks.2478

I wouldn’t hold your breath for a new matchup next week. Darkhaven currently has the lowest overall score of the three servers. Even if their nightcapping carries them to victory this week, it likely won’t change the overall point standings enough for new opponents in the bracket.

Unless Northern Shiverpeaks gets a crazy high score or Ehmry Bay gets smoked I’d expect to see more of the same for this group next match-up.

Really? we pulled ahead of DH? They were kicking our kitten yesterday, Did SF wake up and start trying again?

in WvW

Arius.7031

DH has a NA and Oceanic presence. SoR apparently has managed to muster some kind of night game this week apparently, tho they are most likely just overexhausted NA players who want to have a fair chance considering DH is still winning despite their alleged being “outnumbered”. But not enough to compete with DH. SF has no night game to speak of. If you look at that correctly, it is a 3 way fight in the day time, and a mostly DH dominated 1 way zerg machine at night.

Yes, Darkhaven dominates for about 6 hours, then morning comes and Sanctum of Rall zergs and dominates for about two hours. The rest is tossup, I don’t think you’re seeing quite how nuanced this is. We may dominate night time, but the nighttime we speak of starts at around 12am PST, and ends around 6am, after which Sanctum of Rall has a decisive advantage. And then, after that, Darkhaven faces consistent disadvantage in numbers. So really, night capping is the only way we can even the odds (or push them in our favor).

So I’d suggest, that you’re right, it is a 3 way fight during the day. But the “night” only covers about 1/4 of the day, leaving the rest of the time as a toss up (with some of it being dominated by Rall, and Darkhaven being disadvantaged the entire time).

Also no, Darkhaven is still way ahead. Giving this will answer your question and demonstrate my point. SoR takes over shortly after we leave every night. Essentially, they “morning cap” rofl.

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Lurko.7185

Our day crew held out all day yesterday and kept the points close actually. I’m personally glad the Darkhaven Alliance and a Half Naked Norn has demoralized the other servers. Give up now and maybe we will have mercy. We all know you can’t catch us now. Your server doesn’t have it in them to keep up the fight. Darkhaven decided weeks ago to change our situation.

Keep doing what you are doing you Great Sword wielding 4 RAMS NOW Norn!

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Duv.1603

Not this week’s score but the overall rankings here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Current-world-rankings-UPDATED-9-28/first#post82393

Darkhaven’s nightzergers still have a considerable lead this week despite being generally terrible and having the lowest point tally to add to their score during primetime when they actually face players instead of NPCs.

in WvW

Dinks.2478

Our day crew held out all day yesterday and kept the points close actually. I’m personally glad the Darkhaven Alliance and a Half Naked Norn has demoralized the other servers. Give up now and maybe we will have mercy. We all know you can’t catch us now. Your server doesn’t have it in them to keep up the fight. Darkhaven decided weeks ago to change our situation.

Keep doing what you are doing you Great Sword wielding 4 RAMS NOW Norn!

You only won because SF didn’t show up to any fight, be it day or night this week. We are just tired from keeping up with the obnoxious night capping from all of last week. So yes, we don’t care that we are losing this week. There are no queues on SF to any of the maps except EB. We just don’t care.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

Was a bit surprising on Sunday seeing DH out in force during the day. Of course the lower numbers of SF helped them but still, good show. Also, even when SF is behind atm, and despite some postings here, i wouldn’t write them off. That would be a mistake.

What i cannot understand is the argument that some SF brought up, that it is boring to fight same enemies again. For SoR it is not, on the contrary. Fighting the same servers again means you have the chance to build a love/hate relationship with them.

Maybe it is helping us that at least Vigilance [VIG] and our allied guilds are daoc veterans, and later WAR. Back in those games we fought the same enemies over and over again, for years. Patches/expansions turned the tides of war, and you had to deal with it. What we learned is that w³ style pvp is an ever changing, dynamic, unfair beast. It is the same thing in gw2, despite the resets.

You have to proof your strength every single 24h day. If a server decides to forfeit for whatever reasons e.g. a quesiton of morale then they deserve to drop in tiers. There they can boost their morale again against weaker targets.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Lurko.7185

Server transfers are still open. Come to the Dark side. We have the night crew. Bring your day / prime time crew guilds over. How to you plan to compete in the future if you can’t field the night? We have the night covered for you. So join us!

Wootuz
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

SoR has almost no oceanic presence. As such we will never be competitive under the current Anet process for doing WvW. You can expect SoR participation to drop over time – getting killed every week gets very old and the better WvW players will soon learn they need to transfer elsewhere to get a good wvw experience.

The other might we came onto WvW in force and held our own in prime time. Came back the next day and score was something like DH 42K, us 24K. Yeah, so we fell 24K while we slept…

Nice. Motivation to even come back into WvW near zero.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in WvW

Arius.7031

Guys who don’t like Darkhaven night capturing, I’ve noticed these are mostly SF players. I respect your server greatly, and it’s like my third favorite server ever. But I’m going to have to be brutally honest with you. Stop blaming others for your shortcomings. It’s not that DH is some unstoppable juggernaut of destruction at night, it’s that you guys are completely absent. So, if you’re one of those whining about DH nightcapping, think about it for a moment, and realize that it’s not our fault that you are incapable of defending yourselves.

Edit: Again, not trying to sound rude. You guys, when you actually try, are great during prime time. Just trying to call it how I see it, so some of your guys will stop playing the blame game for their server lacking a night time presence.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Dinks.2478

Guys who don’t like Darkhaven capturing, I’ve noticed these are most SF players. I respect your server greatly, and it’s like my third favorite server ever. But I’m going to have to be brutally honest with you. Stop blaming others for your shortcomings. It’s not that DH is some unstoppable juggernaut of destruction at night, it’s that you guys are completely absent. So, if you’re one of those whining about DH nightcapping, think about it for a moment, and realize that it’s not our fault that you are incapable of defending yourselves.

Edit: Again, not trying to sound rude. You guys, when you actually try, are great during prime time. Just trying to call it how I see it, so some of your guys will stop playing the blame game for their server lacking a night time presence.

We only blame Anet for poor balancing. Servers with Oceanic presence will always dominate at night. SF is pretty much all NA on a NA server. We get screwed over because we don’t have Oceanic players.

I appreciate your attempt to tell us how we do good during primetime, but it is demoralizing and screwed up that we lose everything we fought for throughout the day, overnight because we sleep at night and work during the first half of the day.

I don’t have any intention of blaming DH for doing what they do, I want Anet to address the issue and work with the players to figure out a solution that makes it fun and fair for everybody at all hours of the day.

in WvW

Arius.7031

That’s a perfectly fair criticism, I don’t know how anet could address it, but yeah it’s a game design problem. My problem is with the people who flat out trash talk DH because we can zerg at nighttime when they (usually SF) cannot.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

That’s a perfectly fair criticism, I don’t know how anet could address it, but yeah it’s a game design problem. My problem is with the people who flat out trash talk DH because we can zerg at nighttime when they (usually SF) cannot.

There should have never been EU and NA server lists to begin with, they should have been labeled by what time zone the server time lines up with but the labeling of EU/NA is just dumb because I know EU players on NA servers… Also don’t call out SF because they are the “vocal” ones in this thread.. it’s a problem on other matches it’s just this thread is designed for these 3 servers.

It has been pointed out in many threads on gw2guru that primetime players do no win WvW matchups so you really aren’t helping anything by saying SF is a strong primetime server because that just means we lack during the important hours of a match.

It would be so much better for a match if the scores weren’t displayed just give us 1st 2nd 3rd. for those SF/SoR players kittenmember the match vs. Fort Aspenwood when you lose so much ground each day the match becomes more pointless. ArenaNet needs to find a way to not add to the demoralizing of players thought out the week

(edited by YaHiKoDrG.3467)

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

SoR actually has a very weak Oceanic/European presence and its usually NA players staying up really really late for when you see some kind of resistance at those times.

The complaints (and counter-arguments) I read here are the same elsewhere. Having points scale to the total number of active players in the zone at the time of the tally would be an easy way to settle things for all time zones. Additional points for kills would be gravy.

Whether that happens or not, I’m having fun with my guild doing the kind of pvp we haven’t had since WAR and DAOC. A bunch of guilds on SoR, like Knight Templars and Reveille le Lion, are vets from those games and went through the ups and downs. Maybe that’s why we aren’t so demoralized when we get “night-capped” by other servers we’ve been matched against. Who cares if there’s a big point deficit? When we do log in we’ll be having fun bombing, flanking, taking objectives and bringing the fight to whoever we’re up against.

To SF and DH, if you see a Guardian at the front of a bunch of [VIG]s and friends, that’s me saying “hey you’re about to get bombed” and “come at me bro!”

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Arius.7031

Also don’t call out SF because they are the “vocal” ones in this thread.. it’s a problem on other matches it’s just this thread is designed for these 3 servers.

It has been pointed out in many threads on gw2guru that primetime players do no win WvW matchups so you really aren’t helping anything by saying SF is a strong primetime server because that just means we lack during the important hours of a match.

It would be so much better for a match if the scores weren’t displayed just give us 1st 2nd 3rd. for those SF/SoR players kittenmember the match vs. Fort Aspenwood when you lose so much ground each day the match becomes more pointless. ArenaNet needs to find a way to not add to the demoralizing of players thought out the week

I’m not talking about other matches, I’m only talking about this match, so why wouldn’t I call out SF? I’m not throwing sprinkles on top to make people feel better. I’ll be polite, but I’ll also be honest. Most of the complaints directed against Darkhaven (and not the system in general) are from SF.

I’m not trying to “help” anything, my opinions will likely not be heard by the devs, and if they are they likely won’t care. I’m trying to make sure that my feelings are known — I respect SF as a server and have no ill will towards them. It’s illogical and pointless to rage against something that is fair and to be expected. Blame what deserves blame, the game itself, if you have a problem. Dh is not to blame for the game’s design or SF’s lack of night time capability — the game’s design and SF are responsible for each respectively.

Really, I don’t get the point of your post in the slightest — you may have quoted my post, but nothing you said really addressed my post. My post was saying that players raging against DH need to stop throwing blame onto others and accept that the problem is their own. It’s not DH’s fault SF can’t do anything during the night. So seriously, why did you quote me? Our posts really aren’t talking about the same thing.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

I’m curious about the whole night-capping blame game as well. It’s not like any other server would just join, say “oh they aren’t on, lets just leave everything how it is and wait.”
It’s just another part of the cycle. “Prime time” ,the way people talk about it, implies that there are moments when people should be inactive or they’re "dishonorable or not as good. Imo, every minute of WvWvW is prime time.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I admit, the night capping is a little frustrating. Make a good offensive, take some keeps, and hold those keeps. Then wake up the next morning to find the entire map has been turned red and the team in last place all of a sudden has a huge lead.

I don’t know what would be a good way to address that problem. Maybe simply slower score ticking. That way if someone has an advantage for a few hours it means less than a server that has the advantage all day.

I’m not saying the night capping is wrong. But it is pretty much the only reason Darkhaven is doing so well right now.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

PotatoOverdose.6583

The problem really isn’t any single server, it’s mechanics. If you have a decent night crew (aka Australians on a NA server, French Canadians on a Euro server), significantly more so than the other servers, and you’re at least half way mediocre during peak hours, you gain 6 hours (more or less) of solid scoring while competing with the other servers during the remaining hours.

Now this advantage can be overcome with solid effort, as SF did in the first round. But staying up late isn’t something everyone can do, and it’s not something that can be done everyday.

Due to current mechanics, the results are as follows: Whichever NA server has the most active Australians (or general night crew) wins. I don’t see this as something that can be readily fixed either; maybe have score scale with combined participation from all 3 servers?

in WvW

Arius.7031

The problem really isn’t any single server, it’s mechanics. If you have a decent night crew (aka Australians on a NA server, French Canadians on a Euro server), significantly more so than the other servers, and you’re at least half way mediocre during peak hours, you gain 6 hours (more or less) of solid scoring while competing with the other servers during the remaining hours.

Now this advantage can be overcome with solid effort, as SF did in the first round. But staying up late isn’t something everyone can do, and it’s not something that can be done everyday.

Due to current mechanics, the results are as follows: Whichever NA server has the most active Australians (or general night crew) wins. I don’t see this as something that can be readily fixed either; maybe have score scale with combined participation from all 3 servers?

I agree with your post, but I do want to add one thing a lot of people do not know about Dh. Our night time crew is mostly NA, we do have a good amount of Oceanic, but our leader and most of the group itself are night-time players dedicated to making Dh a stronger server. Our night game was severely crippled, as Yak’s Bend demonstrated, so we improved. I’m not saying we don’t have a lot more Oceanic then the other two, I don’t know if we do or don’t, but a lot if not most of that zerg is NA players.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Considering how the match is going, we may yet be up for a 3rd week of competition. Honestly, I look forward to it – though I hope we end up as another color for some added variety. I think SoR is definitely getting better at communication and coordination between the guilds and I hope it keeps up.

I’ve been in some great battles, and got in on some fun tactics this weekend. I gathered with VIG of SoR after they were pushed out of Dreadfall, stealing the keep while the current occupiers were busy on the south gate was quite delightful (I like to think our Mesmers’ timewarps helped ensure a swift victory).

Anyway, I certainly started this week focusing on Sorrow’s Furnace since they were #1, but I think the only real way to combat Darkhaven’s night crew (who sure don’t mess around), will be to wipe red off the map and keep em off as long as possible. Easier said than done, though!

Aside from the few hacks/bugged mechanics (which I’m sure are abused to some degree on all sides), the fights have been great. Keep it up!

(edited by Kaleden.9386)

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Sorrow’s Furnace beat us last week, but SoR outscored them the week before and won against them in the 24-hour match up we had previous to the weekly set up.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall