Sorrow's Furnace vs Darkhaven vs Sanctum of Rall - WUVWUV

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Did they? I thought they pulled ahead; I guess I never saw the final numbers. Edited for accuracy, thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: mrfantsypants.5741

mrfantsypants.5741

I can certainly appreciate the frustration from the SoR/ SF players (DH myself) but the night-zerg only line doesn’t really seem to apply anymore for this match up, which is good since this is a very good competition.
The last few nights, even in last week’s match, DH found itself fighting competing zergs from Sorrows and Sanctum. One episode in particular stands out where we fought both at once in the open and stayed alive. This occurred around 2200 PST, so definitely getting later but we were hardly the highest pop server on. There’s definitely a transition where our A team comes online, gives some significant defeats to the other servers, and then captures almost everything.
So it seems to be more of a morale issue rather than a simple population one. With DH getting better in the day (which is admittedly not saying much, we really were awful), hopefully the night crews can keep the competition fierce as well.

in WvW

Posted by: Zulubeast.8519

Zulubeast.8519

Was a bit surprising on Sunday seeing DH out in force during the day. Of course the lower numbers of SF helped them but still, good show. Also, even when SF is behind atm, and despite some postings here, i wouldn’t write them off. That would be a mistake.

What i cannot understand is the argument that some SF brought up, that it is boring to fight same enemies again. For SoR it is not, on the contrary. Fighting the same servers again means you have the chance to build a love/hate relationship with them.

Maybe it is helping us that at least Vigilance [VIG] and our allied guilds are daoc veterans, and later WAR. Back in those games we fought the same enemies over and over again, for years. Patches/expansions turned the tides of war, and you had to deal with it. What we learned is that w³ style pvp is an ever changing, dynamic, unfair beast. It is the same thing in gw2, despite the resets.

You have to proof your strength every single 24h day. If a server decides to forfeit for whatever reasons e.g. a quesiton of morale then they deserve to drop in tiers. There they can boost their morale again against weaker targets.

I agree with the general sentiment of this!

The fact that our three servers were paired up for a second week (and for SF and SoR three weeks!) just goes to show how even and how decent of a pairing it has been.

Judging from the power points of the overall standings, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 3rd week of our servers going at it. If DH barely wins with SoR in second and SF third, the points will be even closer and a third week is almost guaranteed.

Therefore, I hope SF does come back for week three and doesn’t have people using the excuse of “night cappers ARGH!” because in reality, all three servers are seeing less players in this wvw, each taking a break from a hard and fun last week. I anticipate this week being fun as last, but maybe not as intense in some aspects.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Was a bit surprising on Sunday seeing DH out in force during the day. Of course the lower numbers of SF helped them but still, good show. Also, even when SF is behind atm, and despite some postings here, i wouldn’t write them off. That would be a mistake.

What i cannot understand is the argument that some SF brought up, that it is boring to fight same enemies again. For SoR it is not, on the contrary. Fighting the same servers again means you have the chance to build a love/hate relationship with them.

Maybe it is helping us that at least Vigilance [VIG] and our allied guilds are daoc veterans, and later WAR. Back in those games we fought the same enemies over and over again, for years. Patches/expansions turned the tides of war, and you had to deal with it. What we learned is that w³ style pvp is an ever changing, dynamic, unfair beast. It is the same thing in gw2, despite the resets.

You have to proof your strength every single 24h day. If a server decides to forfeit for whatever reasons e.g. a quesiton of morale then they deserve to drop in tiers. There they can boost their morale again against weaker targets.

I agree with the general sentiment of this!

The fact that our three servers were paired up for a second week (and for SF and SoR three weeks!) just goes to show how even and how decent of a pairing it has been.

Judging from the power points of the overall standings, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a 3rd week of our servers going at it. If DH barely wins with SoR in second and SF third, the points will be even closer and a third week is almost guaranteed.

Therefore, I hope SF does come back for week three and doesn’t have people using the excuse of “night cappers ARGH!” because in reality, all three servers are seeing less players in this wvw, each taking a break from a hard and fun last week. I anticipate this week being fun as last, but maybe not as intense in some aspects.

SF maps are barren. I can hop from map to map with no queue, I feel like most of SF doesn’t care due to a bunch of factors. I personally still show up to WvW because its fun. But I do feel demoralized and tired the next day when we don’t have anything because we lost it all overnight. I am also bored of fighting the same people every week from the same spot because the system didn’t even change our colors in the matchup.

That on top of the fact that I think a lot of SF players put in a lot of overtime last week to compete with the night capping, I think we’re just taking a break this week.

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

SF maps are barren. I can hop from map to map with no queue, I feel like most of SF doesn’t care due to a bunch of factors. I personally still show up to WvW because its fun. But I do feel demoralized and tired the next day when we don’t have anything because we lost it all overnight. I am also bored of fighting the same people every week from the same spot because the system didn’t even change our colors in the matchup.

That on top of the fact that I think a lot of SF players put in a lot of overtime last week to compete with the night capping, I think we’re just taking a break this week.

I think you just described a typical DH player’s sentiment as well, however just shifted six hours later. I love WvWing, even if we’re getting dominated, in fact that’s when the best small groups are, but I digress. This matchup is interesting in that SF typically dominates midday (right now they are in fact), SoR does a kitten good job evening it up in the afternoon, then DH sweeps in the night, with the morning being mainly dominated by SF/SoR.

When I get on GW2 after classes, I look and green has 50% of the map, blue has 30% and we’re stuck with the rest, which is also demoralizing, however I think the attitude is a bit different for everyone. With our methods of communication (vent, map chat) almost everyone on during the “losing” periods realizes that we’re going to earn those points back later on anyways. Our attitude is basically, hold on to whatever we can now and maybe expand, snipe SCs and towers and deny points whenever possible, rather than give up.

While I’m not saying SF is giving up, I think an effort should be made to organize guilds (probably have already) and get the general sentiment to positive outlooks. We used to be knee deep in people spamming map chat that we suck, log off, ect, and once we started organizing and getting things done, our entire outlook changed.

@the colors, I agree. I wish the colors would change, however the overall point leader in the bracket always gets green, second -blue, third -red.

in WvW

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

@tOss "I’m curious about the whole night-capping blame game as well. It’s not like any other server would just join, say “oh they aren’t on, lets just leave everything how it is and wait.”
It’s just another part of the cycle. “Prime time” ,the way people talk about it, implies that there are moments when people should be inactive or they’re “dishonorable or not as good. Imo, every minute of WvWvW is prime time.”

Its clear how you really feel about this calling this a blame game. I don’t believe you get the point.

SoR, with almost no Oceanic presence, and with people at school or work, has a natural “prime time” when player pop will rise, flatten, then fall. This will match the US school and work day. To be generous I’ll assume player pop is consistent across US timezones though I have no data on this. So ultimately we’ll see player pop rise from about 3 PM eastern through the day and drop off maybe around midnight pacific. The rest of the time we are asleep or at work or school.

Now look at a server like Henge. With a large oceanic presence they have a population curve which ramps during SoR’s downtime as well as one that ramps during our peak time. Two complementary population groups which give them game presence 24×7. Servers like SoR cannot match this unless we all skip work, school, and play all night long.

This should be pretty self evident. It is not a “blame game.”

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

I love seeing the argument against “night capping”. Is there some kind of gentleman’s agreement I didn’t see in the TOS? I can remember with vivid horror at a Thanksgiving weekend raid in the old DAOC days when Midgard blasted our defenses in the middle of the night and took our relics (PRX was involved I think). I can recall defending our walls in Shadowbane for 8 straight hours until 5am when we all passed out. It’s part of the game, hell it’s part of gaming in general. Get over it.

In war, only a foolish commander attacks when the odds are not in his favor. During the day we do our best to defend what we have and do small strategic strikes aimed at cutting your supply lines and slowing your defense build up. At night we take what we can because we have some active players at night and a good battlefield commander. Just as you can argue we zerg at night we, the day time and prime time crew, can argue we are outnumbered and double teamed when we’re on.

The DH guilds are starting to work better together. The whiners are transferring to other servers and people are starting to pay attention more. That is the root of your problem people. Pretty soon you’ll have a Half Naked Norn during the day time as well. Then you can kitten about that too.

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Posted by: kingxcon.5607

kingxcon.5607

Nice Post “Sir William PD”. This is why i never Complain about “Night Capping”. i have to admit that is very frustrating But its all a part of the War Games.

Like you said, “In war, only a foolish commander attacks when the odds are not in his favor.” < Agreed!

I may have no rights to talk since we are only a CASUAL WvW Guild but we DO HELP when we are online. We do our best to help and Contribute for our server. Crying and Complaining about night capping is Pretty much sad. But i know… Its sucks… I feel you… But its all apart of the War Game… Do not hate… If you guys are really hardcore Dedicated in WvW and to The server… Why dont you stop them?? Organize?? Dont Sleep? Make a stand? Since Some of you are pretty much full of your self that think that is because of your guilds/alliance making the server win. Its Everyone credit no matter what shiet you say… i mean thats my point of view.. hehehhe

Sanctum of Rall | Warrior | [WF]-Leader | Part-time (Commander)
The real leader has no need to lead—
he is content to point the way. INFRONT OF THE BATTLEFIELD!!! -Kingxcon

in WvW

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

I love seeing the argument against “night capping”. Is there some kind of gentleman’s agreement I didn’t see in the TOS? I can remember with vivid horror at a Thanksgiving weekend raid in the old DAOC days when Midgard blasted our defenses in the middle of the night and took our relics (PRX was involved I think). I can recall defending our walls in Shadowbane for 8 straight hours until 5am when we all passed out. It’s part of the game, hell it’s part of gaming in general. Get over it.

In war, only a foolish commander attacks when the odds are not in his favor. During the day we do our best to defend what we have and do small strategic strikes aimed at cutting your supply lines and slowing your defense build up. At night we take what we can because we have some active players at night and a good battlefield commander. Just as you can argue we zerg at night we, the day time and prime time crew, can argue we are outnumbered and double teamed when we’re on.

The DH guilds are starting to work better together. The whiners are transferring to other servers and people are starting to pay attention more. That is the root of your problem people. Pretty soon you’ll have a Half Naked Norn during the day time as well. Then you can kitten about that too.

There’s no gentleman’s agreement, and you’re absolutely right that any server would try to take objectives regardless of who is, or is not online.

From my perspective though, we battle Darkhaven hard during prime time also, not just at night. There seem to be a lot of you online, and your keeps and towers are well defended.

I watched DH assault Etheron Hills last night during U.S. prime time with 4 trebuchets, 3 ballistas, and 2 siege golems out of Astralhome. It was well coordinated, and there were a lot of Darkhaven defenders there.

So it can feel frustrating to win matchups during U.S. prime when the numbers are even, and everyone is scrapping for 100 or 200 points here and there, and then lose 8,000 points at night when no one is around. It’s certainly not DH’s fault, or anyone’s fault really, it just gets exhausting is all.

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

in WvW

Posted by: Rashka.7304

Rashka.7304

w³ is not fair, the importance of morale should not be underestimated.

Anyhow, 4:30pm EST, current ticks are:
315 SF
200 SoR
180 DH

Looks like some of the men in green tights are out roaming for fights.

According to von Clausewitz military power is the multiplication of means and willpower, roughly said. If SFs lacks the willpower, the morale, then their number advantage is meaningless.

Rashka the desert scout
<Vigilance> VIG
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

A lot of SF’ers are just bored atm. We dealt with darkhaven’s nighttime shenanigans in the previous round. All’s fair in blah blah blah and all that. We fought and won the previous match against all of the same stuff we’re against now.

It’s just that many of our players (judging from chats in borderlands and in eternal the day before reset) were looking forward to fighting someone else. This is more directed at darkhaven, very few of us have a problem with SoR. Plenty of good fights with SoR.

Basically, during the day we have to fight hard against SoR to take anything, and at night when we get the out manned buff on all maps, dark haven rolls over everything. The orb hacks don’t help either. We’ve beaten it once. From my point of view, beating the same exact thing again is tiresome.

^^^ This.

SF and SoR are a dead-even, perfect match against one another. In fact, many guilds on SF will intentionally direct our attention to fighting SoR simply because they’re fun to fight against, and just about every single engagement will be an epic one. It’s fun.

DarkHaven will camp 1 keep and sit there. All day. They’ll have 1/2 of their entire server sitting on that one keep, occasionally moving to hit Stonemist when they notice SF or SoR are moving to hit it, but otherwise they are stationary.

Then night falls… SF goes to bed, SoR goes to bed… Darkhaven sets their alarm clocks for about 2-3am and gets to work farming PvE.

SF and SoR wake up the next day, and go to work. Darkhaven keeps farming PvE for another few hours.

Where SF was once ahead with SoR within 200 points of us, PvE queens have taken over the map.

SF and SoR continue fighting one another because it’s epic and fun, DH camps their 1-2 favorite outposts and goes to sleep, occasionally repelling the small raids that might try to catch them off guard.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

We beat DH’s night shenanigans last week. We proved we are more than capable, while simultaneously fighting SoR’s very strong forces at the same time.

We just aren’t PvE queens. That’s why I’d rather spend my time fighting SoR. It’s enjoyable. I get nothing from slaughtering DH during primetime.

But somehow, they must REALLY love those NPC guards, because they won’t fight us directly in favor of them.

Is it a viable tactic? Very much so. But I’m not going to be bored trying to pick a fight with DH knowing they won’t fight back.

SoR, tag. You’re it. >:D

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

(edited by Enerjak.2475)

in WvW

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

I get that its frustrating but its just part of any good war.

No doubt its frustrating for those night cappers to come in and all of their work was erased.

The system doesnt need to change because of a human element.
We need sleep. They dont shut the trading post down, or dungeons or whatever.
People are getting ahead of you in those while you’re asleep too.

The great part that people seem to overlook is that there isnt actually any losers.
Sure you came third, but you still got points towards the bonuses. People still got karma, exp and gold, and a few badges, even if they lost the objective they were defending.

I mean if things STAYED the same overnight then nothing would be interesting and new in the morning!

Anyway, i do hope we get matched up again, there are great crews on all sides.
See you out there!

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

We beat DH’s night shenanigans last week. We proved we are more than capable, while simultaneously fighting SoR’s very strong forces at the same time.

We just aren’t PvE queens. That’s why I’d rather spend my time fighting SoR. It’s enjoyable. I get nothing from slaughtering DH during primetime.

But somehow, they must REALLY love those NPC guards, because they won’t fight us directly in favor of them.

Is it a viable tactic? Very much so. But I’m not going to be bored trying to pick a fight with DH knowing they won’t fight back.

Yes, lets label all the players who have no choice but to play during your night as PvE queens. It’s not their fault fights are few and sitting from the position of 1st place of course you’re going to want to PvP. When you’re in second and need to make up a point gap, taking land is much more important that PvPing. I’ve seen my fair share of all servers running past player groups in favor of NPC targets that grant points for the score.

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Yes, lets label all the players who have no choice but to play during your night as PvE queens. It’s not their fault fights are few and sitting from the position of 1st place of course you’re going to want to PvP. When you’re in second and need to make up a point gap, taking land is much more important that PvPing. I’ve seen my fair share of all servers running past player groups in favor of NPC targets that grant points for the score.

Given all servers are from all walks of life (all countries, time zones, etc), no one server has a dramatically higher population of one group over the other.

That said, DH also has an alliance of 30+ guilds coordinating strategy. They’ve had this done to them in the past, and admit to intentionally doing it to others. Deliberately, not simply because that is when their numbers are online.

After all, if that were the case, SF and SoR would have relatively equal numbers during these times, simply because the servers do not segregate. One may have an advantage, but it would be a very minor one. Not anywhere near enough to field the results they’ve had, and the self boasting they’ve given of, “SF and SoR don’t even bother trying to fight us because we strike at night!” as many of them have made.

I call them PvE queens because it is intentional. It is a tactic they have discussed amongst their own, agreed upon, and implemented. They purposefully place PvE during hours of no-contest, even at consequence of personal schedules, to get those points.

Can you not understand the difference?

Short of that, you’re wrong about the server rank and objectives. I just said we (SF) will fight SoR before DH strictly because SoR actually fights us. It’s fun.

In case you missed it, we’re #3 this week currently. Yet we’re still going for what we enjoy, what we actually enter WvW to do – PvP.

Your contrary note is not valid – at least in representation of SF as a whole.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurko.7185

Lurko.7185

So what I am getting is that SF isn’t ready for 2 week matchups because it’s too hard and they don’t have the will to win. It’s been a fun matchup, unfortunatly where SF is slacking, Darkhaven is coming alive and will continue to get better week over week.

What happens if you face Yak’s Bend? They taught us an important lesson. Adapt and overcome. We did it. It can be done.

Wootuz
Guild Leader of Pak’Cafan [Darkhaven]
www.pakcafan.org

in WvW

Posted by: FatFuzzy.2659

FatFuzzy.2659

Lighten up francis.

LvL 80 Thief “Axxeman”
Sorrow’s Furnace
Planet Earth

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

A lot of SF’ers are just bored atm. We dealt with darkhaven’s nighttime shenanigans in the previous round. All’s fair in blah blah blah and all that. We fought and won the previous match against all of the same stuff we’re against now.

It’s just that many of our players (judging from chats in borderlands and in eternal the day before reset) were looking forward to fighting someone else. This is more directed at darkhaven, very few of us have a problem with SoR. Plenty of good fights with SoR.

Basically, during the day we have to fight hard against SoR to take anything, and at night when we get the out manned buff on all maps, dark haven rolls over everything. The orb hacks don’t help either. We’ve beaten it once. From my point of view, beating the same exact thing again is tiresome.

^^^ This.

SF and SoR are a dead-even, perfect match against one another. In fact, many guilds on SF will intentionally direct our attention to fighting SoR simply because they’re fun to fight against, and just about every single engagement will be an epic one. It’s fun.

DarkHaven will camp 1 keep and sit there. All day. They’ll have 1/2 of their entire server sitting on that one keep, occasionally moving to hit Stonemist when they notice SF or SoR are moving to hit it, but otherwise they are stationary.

Then night falls… SF goes to bed, SoR goes to bed… Darkhaven sets their alarm clocks for about 2-3am and gets to work farming PvE.

SF and SoR wake up the next day, and go to work. Darkhaven keeps farming PvE for another few hours.

Where SF was once ahead with SoR within 200 points of us, PvE queens have taken over the map.

SF and SoR continue fighting one another because it’s epic and fun, DH camps their 1-2 favorite outposts and goes to sleep, occasionally repelling the small raids that might try to catch them off guard.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Seems like someone is mad here.

Maybe you should be trying the borderlands more. Seems like you are keen too much in EB and maybe just maybe get out of that map and see how it is like over there.

Seems like Sunday evening EST we pretty much got 3 orbs from all realms. The borderlands crew are more organized in that particular aspect from my experience there. Seems like a lot of pugs pick EB as their main zone while our more organized groups work in the borderlands to get the orbs.

For me, orbs > stonemist. Only go to EB to make a push every now and then when needed but its borderlands for me.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

So what I am getting is that SF isn’t ready for 2 week matchups because it’s too hard and they don’t have the will to win. It’s been a fun matchup, unfortunatly where SF is slacking, Darkhaven is coming alive and will continue to get better week over week.

What happens if you face Yak’s Bend? They taught us an important lesson. Adapt and overcome. We did it. It can be done.

It can be done. I simply don’t want to set my alarm for 3am just to PvE.

We smashed DH last week, and DH was doing precisely the same thing. We know we can smash DH because it’s already been done.

Fighting a stationary target that doesn’t do anything but defend < 5 positions, immobile, during all daylight hours is not fun.

SoR brings the fight to us. We have epic matches. I’ll happily fight SoR all day. Likely just ignore DH, not even worth it. They won’t fight us.

SoR captures territory at night too. All servers do. The difference is SoR doesn’t ONLY capture during night, and has absolutely no problem giving us a fight.

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Maybe you should be trying the borderlands more. Seems like you are keen too much in EB and maybe just maybe get out of that map and see how it is like over there.

Seems like Sunday evening EST we pretty much got 3 orbs from all realms. The borderlands crew are more organized in that particular aspect from my experience there. Seems like a lot of pugs pick EB as their main zone while our more organized groups work in the borderlands to get the orbs.

For me, orbs > stonemist. Only go to EB to make a push every now and then when needed but its borderlands for me.

I spend time in all areas. My words ring true in the borderlands as well. DH will sit in their keep, and sleep. They might swat the flies that try to pick on a door that’s guarded by 1/3 of your entire server or so, but you’ll never catch them in daylight hours leaving the door of that keep.

They’ll guard those orbs all day. The moment they’re about to reset, the entire server camps and just sits there. Once captured, they go right back to the keep, and go back to sleep.

As mentioned… I enjoy fighting SoR. DH PvEs too much for me to get excited over a battle with.

in WvW

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

Ya..would be nice to have the orb hacks stopped. Takes most of the fun out of WvW.

Yeah, I was on when the orb we took (SoR) poofed and showed up magically at another keep with no warning or even showing on the map when moving.

Either a bug or a hack, either way needs to be fixed.

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

I spend time in all areas. My words ring true in the borderlands as well. DH will sit in their keep, and sleep. They might swat the flies that try to pick on a door that’s guarded by 1/3 of your entire server or so, but you’ll never catch them in daylight hours leaving the door of that keep.

They’ll guard those orbs all day. The moment they’re about to reset, the entire server camps and just sits there. Once captured, they go right back to the keep, and go back to sleep.

As mentioned… I enjoy fighting SoR. DH PvEs too much for me to get excited over a battle with.

So I guess its just another of those “night capping” excuses that is being used a million times now. Either that or you just sound bitter that you could not organize a group to do night duties.

I guess you are trying to say that our server population are PvE queens and we all are bad PvPers right?

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Actually, no. That isn’t what I’m saying.

I said some time ago, I would not rob DH of a well-coordinated action to get points and possibly win. We beat it already, so we really don’t need to prove we can do it. Beating a 1-trick-poney really isn’t anything to brag about.

I’ve no desire to organize at 3am. I’ve a wife and kid, a full time career. I’m not going to set an alarm and try to explain to my wife that I’m going to shove a barbed wire link chain up DH’s rectum until they can taste it in their throat. Nor am I going to tell her I need to do that when she asks me to come to bed with her.

Given it is intentional, do you deny you’re a PvE queen? You intentionally avoid PvP (you’ve 100+ sitting in 1 keep to defend the orb against assaults of 20ish, and never once leave the door… but you’ll come out in full force at 2-4am) in favor of NPCs, by yours and your server’s own admission.

Sound tactic, as aforementioned. You can’t fight SF or SoR directly and hope to win, so you’ve to find another way. It’s understandable. Often even a humiliating victory is still a victory.

Are DH bad PvPers? I’ve no clue. They don’t PvP enough for me to find out.

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I’m actually in defence of Darkhavens offpeak crew. They don’t take their territory unopposed at all, I am in WvW every night of the week (SoR) and we give it to them as much as we can. They are more organised plain and simple, their server actually listens to their leaders and they strike multiple locations at once throughout the night. SoR tend to wander aimlessly without leadership during offpeak and I would attribute this to the servers offpeak crew being more casual in their approach in comparison to DH.

Darkhaven is currently the server I love to hate because every offpeak fight is an uphill battle. well done DH keep it up

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Darkhaven is currently the server I love to hate because every offpeak fight is an uphill battle. well done DH keep it up

Of course it is. They won’t fight you during peak. SoR is too strong.

in WvW

Posted by: griffdog.3927

griffdog.3927

Enerjak – you seem like you need a hug brah.

You surely did “smash” DH last week by 2k points. We’ll see how it ends up this week. If we get “smashed” again by 2k it will have been another good fight.

What you fail to realize is that SF really does the exact same thing to DH as we do to you. Fight us when we’re not there. DH has a much smaller presence during the weekday afternoons and up through late prime time but we are strong on weekends and at night. Won’t hear a peep from us though about it being unfair. Yak’s did night cap us pretty hard the first match-up so we tried to evolve some to compete.

We’ll continue to try and improve and organize better, and we have so far.

I logged in a couple days last week from about 8PM EST to 11PM EST and had an outmanned buff nearly the entire time in the SF Borderlands. Each time I entered we had exactly 0 camps / towers / keeps. We just don’t have the pops to fill up all 4 BG’s during those times. Didn’t stop me and the other 10 DH players from taking 3 camps and just generally harassing anything we could vs the massive forces of SF and SoR. We did everything we could to try and help our team even though we were thoroughly outgunned.

We are getting better during the prime time hours but are still (admittedly) a work in progress. I feel good about the direction we’re going and look forward to some good fights this week.

Lochost Vandalhart – Warrior
Hurc Hammerborn – Guardian
Legion of Legionnaires [LoL] – Darkhaven

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

Given all servers are from all walks of life (all countries, time zones, etc), no one server has a dramatically higher population of one group over the other.

That said, DH also has an alliance of 30+ guilds coordinating strategy. They’ve had this done to them in the past, and admit to intentionally doing it to others. Deliberately, not simply because that is when their numbers are online.

After all, if that were the case, SF and SoR would have relatively equal numbers during these times, simply because the servers do not segregate. One may have an advantage, but it would be a very minor one. Not anywhere near enough to field the results they’ve had, and the self boasting they’ve given of, “SF and SoR don’t even bother trying to fight us because we strike at night!” as many of them have made.

I call them PvE queens because it is intentional. It is a tactic they have discussed amongst their own, agreed upon, and implemented. They purposefully place PvE during hours of no-contest, even at consequence of personal schedules, to get those points.

Short of that, you’re wrong about the server rank and objectives. I just said we (SF) will fight SoR before DH strictly because SoR actually fights us. It’s fun.

In case you missed it, we’re #3 this week currently. Yet we’re still going for what we enjoy, what we actually enter WvW to do – PvP.

Where’d you get this 30 guild alliance from? Yea, we have an alliance that coordinates and our strong point has been our Oceanic guilds doing a lot of good work, and we don’t have many to cover the day shift. If we had 30 guilds, do you really think we’d be sitting here focusing the night (clearly we all set our alarms to stay up and nightcap because only servers who night cap must have a bunch of NA players staying up late because we take ourselves WAY too seriously!!!!) instead of working on the more important times?

While I do enjoy PvP over PvD, WvW isn’t strictly about PvP. If you’re complaining about points and night capping and wanting to strictly PvP, time to talk to ArenaNet or move over to sPvP. The system is screwy right now, but as DH, SoR, and I’m guessing most of SF have moved on and are trying their best to play their advantages within the points constraints, why can’t you?

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

The system is screwy right now, but as DH, SoR, and I’m guessing most of SF have moved on and are trying their best to play their advantages within the points constraints, why can’t you?

Point taken. I yield the debate.

in WvW

Dinks.2478

I’m actually in defence of Darkhavens offpeak crew. They don’t take their territory unopposed at all, I am in WvW every night of the week (SoR) and we give it to them as much as we can. They are more organised plain and simple, their server actually listens to their leaders and they strike multiple locations at once throughout the night. SoR tend to wander aimlessly without leadership during offpeak and I would attribute this to the servers offpeak crew being more casual in their approach in comparison to DH.

They attack multiple locations at once because at least half of those locations are undefended SF keeps and towers. SF has no night presence.

in WvW

Dinks.2478

Where’d you get this 30 guild alliance from? Yea, we have an alliance that coordinates and our strong point has been our Oceanic guilds doing a lot of good work, and we don’t have many to cover the day shift. If we had 30 guilds, do you really think we’d be sitting here focusing the night (clearly we all set our alarms to stay up and nightcap because only servers who night cap must have a bunch of NA players staying up late because we take ourselves WAY too seriously!!!!) instead of working on the more important times?

While I do enjoy PvP over PvD, WvW isn’t strictly about PvP. If you’re complaining about points and night capping and wanting to strictly PvP, time to talk to ArenaNet or move over to sPvP. The system is screwy right now, but as DH, SoR, and I’m guessing most of SF have moved on and are trying their best to play their advantages within the points constraints, why can’t you?

For a server who claims to have such good communication skills DH needs to get their kitten together. Half of the DH members in this thread post about how so many of their night crew is NA players, and the other half attribute it to their Oceanic presence. Make up your kitten minds and stop juggling your reasons. Nobody blames you for doing the smart tactical thing. We’re just tired of it and its boring.

in WvW

Posted by: Alturus.6874

Alturus.6874

So I’m looking at the map right now and I’m so angry that SF and SoR are “day capping” us!!! They wait till our largest force is offline and then “PvE” all of our land… If they were serious they would come at us when we have all of our people on, but instead they are just gonna “day cap” us……

Sound familiar???

Not really complaining, because quite frankly we are taking a BEATDOWN in there right now but DH WILL see you all tonight. We’ll be there with bells on, hope you hold onto something…..

Alturus – lvl 80 Thief
Guild Leader – Execution [EXE]

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

I think I got a great solution for all 3 servers.
DH will do no night capping if SF and SR does not do any day capping.

Yes… this should workout just fine.
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: FamousTran.7238

FamousTran.7238

^ you guys are funny. SF and SoR has to fight each other too you know. DH fights no one.

Agrolan – Warrior
Eclesa – Engineer
Primordial Dragons

in WvW

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

@Raffie. One better – I’m working on a SoR-SF-DH combat schedule for the next two months. That way we can all plan our game time and no-one will feel left out or hard done by. Will 2 hour battles be good or should it be 3?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Regardless, I’m Dh, not SoR, my information was drawn from Niim’s post above mine (so he’s clueless too huh?) and the fact that your server is far more populated than mine (and, according to you guys, mine is split between oceanic and NA), so you outnumber us very heavily. So whatever, yeah I may be wrong, but Niim claims 15 minute queues “especially” in EB, which means they’re present in other borderlands too sometimes.

At peak time for SF we have a que on all our borderlands on almost every night, EB has a higher que on average then any others. If you want specifics Anet posted a graph that shows que times at each hour.

Guys who don’t like Darkhaven night capturing, I’ve noticed these are mostly SF players. I respect your server greatly, and it’s like my third favorite server ever. But I’m going to have to be brutally honest with you. Stop blaming others for your shortcomings. It’s not that DH is some unstoppable juggernaut of destruction at night, it’s that you guys are completely absent. So, if you’re one of those whining about DH nightcapping, think about it for a moment, and realize that it’s not our fault that you are incapable of defending yourselves.

I have no issues with DH’s night capping as far as the action itself. They are in no more control of when their players play, than SF is of theirs, and it is not their fault that we have no presence at night, nor can you expect them to not play at hours that fit their lives.

My posts were largely in response to ones indicating it was a great match up and how awesome it is to do it again. I disagree for the obvious reasons.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Raffie.7865

Wish we had a 4th server in WvW.
Now that would be interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

Yeah, Enerjack, I think you’d have more fun sticking with SPVP from the sounds of it.

We hold land during the day because we consistently have 0 queue times during those hours and often outmanned. But that’s OK. I’m actually getting more and more in the mood of saying “screw it” and making some deep strike attacks so long as we keep organizing to make sure we’re 100% ready with defense of our holdings. Communication and response is just getting better and better.

So I’ll do you a favor. It’s funny how you say you ignore DH when we can pretty much ignore SF because you remain in third and typically have the lowest PPT except your coveted primetime. Although I also enjoy fighting SoR because they really do put up a mean fight with some great coordination, I’ll focus more and more of my efforts on SF at all times. We’ll widen that gap even more for you, and with luck and your server’s demoralized attitude, we’ll send you done to a lower bracket where you can have all the fun you want without having to worry about those scary night-cappers.

We’re on to bigger and better things as we keep improving. That said, I love all the competition SF and SoR has provided. It’s proving the point that it’s not all about a strong off-hours force, but a strong 24/7 force. Now we’re in the odd position of having to recruit and organize our day force more, but I’d say that’s a much better position to be in then the last few weeks being mad about night-capping.

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

It’s funny how you say you ignore DH when we can pretty much ignore SF because you remain in third

Kinda like how DH stayed in 3rd last week even with PvEing their way through, amirite?!

in WvW

Posted by: Cael.2641

Cael.2641

Or 2nd in the match itself? If you’re looking at the numbers posted and the fact that we’re red, that’s counting, you know, from the beginning… All the other servers we faced, ourselves getting dominated at night. So that’s not exactly valid, but if you want to hold onto that, go ahead.

in WvW

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

This is a good thread. Let’s try not to get it locked.

in WvW

Raffie.7865

Its only a game………………………..
There is always the next match.
Also the only issue I got is people hackin and exploiting like there is no tomorrow.
If all server are playing fair and by the rules then we’re good.

in WvW

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

That was the most exciting possible ending to this matchup in SM. Good job everyone.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

The pop issue is an is what it is kind of thing. No one is at fault. Enjoyed fighting DH and SoR tonight but I will say that there are no ques except for EB when I logged at 7:45 CST. The drop off on SF could be opponent fatigue, just WvW fatigue after last week’s epic push to win or any number of other things. I wouldn’t mind being the fly in the ointment and see SoR and DH battle it out this week with SF focusing on whoever is leading.

in WvW

Zulubeast.8519

It’s funny how you say you ignore DH when we can pretty much ignore SF because you remain in third

Kinda like how DH stayed in 3rd last week even with PvEing their way through, amirite?!

I’m confused, are you referring to the individual match score or the overall points?

Because we stayed third for overall points, but we were 1st in the individual match score from Friday→Sunday then went to third for Mon→Part Tues then we took back second for the rest of the week.

in WvW

Posted by: AdamCarlson.8349

AdamCarlson.8349

Excellent matchup, chaps. Good fun.
Hope to see you all again soon

-Trauma Mindbug
[EPIC]

Trauma Mindbug
Mesmer
[EPIC] ~Sanctum of Rall~

in WvW

Posted by: Evangel.4859

Evangel.4859

Honestly, regardless of who does what and when, WvW doesn’t wait for anyone. If anyone loses ground during or not during peak hours, it is a matter of tactics, organisation, and planning. I must say that the past match up with both of your servers has been a blast. All I know is that our servers all differ in methodology, but in the end, WvW is only a part of the game. Just accept that your opponents may be active when you are not, and move on!!!

Evangel Fireblade (lvl 80 Guardian)
EU PvP Officer – [EPIC]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

When I think of this current match the only thing that comes to mind is a Darkhaven football team walking onto an empty field hours after the real game has ended, scoring touchdowns against nobody, then bragging about overcoming the odds.

(edited by neoxide.7320)

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Of course it is. They won’t fight you during peak. SoR is too strong.

What happens during US peak time is of no concern to me. I am one of the few SoR off peak players and I welcome the challenge of Darkhaven, even if I lose every night. I love being the underdog.

That being said, if Darkhaven is such a problem during off peak then maybe SF and SoR need to consider an off-peak treaty and hit DH from both angles instead of fighting each other. I think there could be some fun to be had if we think outside the box a little. Of course, I’m not proposing a treaty, but if I log on tonight and SF and SoR just happen to ignore each other while only attacking Darkhaven assets…… ……well..

in WvW

Posted by: Alturus.6874

Alturus.6874

I like how people keep pretending there are literally no people online at night from SF and SoR…. I particularly liked the football field analogy. lol

We had a good run last night, there was a rather large defense force in both borderlands. Although we managed to control most of the points eventually we were routed a few times with, I believe it was SoR, just stomping us at their garrison. We showed up and walked RIGHT back out haha.

So to the SF and SoR night players, who aren’t complaining here, CHEERS, I hope tonight is just as good of a fight.

And to Enerjak….. you keep making mention of us PvEing… Have you enjoyed PvEing our land this evening because when I was on a few hours ago there were about 6 of us defending Mendon’s and getting steamrolled. You just keep bragging about how your primetime force is “strong” when you guys are literally doing the same thing that we do on YOUR off peak hours and then coming here to brag. I don’t understand how you don’t see that. So you go ahead and get your PvE in for the night and we’ll just do it better later on.

Alturus – lvl 80 Thief
Guild Leader – Execution [EXE]

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

As a SoR player I don’t mind the “nightcapping” at all its part of the game, it is a one week event after all. Last week was rough for us, at least it felt that way to me, but as the week progressed we started to play to our strengths. We have a night presence for sure but it does start to dwindle down at 3 am eastern. DH also has a day presence and often takes decent chunks out our land. I dont think anyone is PvEing their way to success in WvW day or night. This is a close match up and obviously cause its close people are going to get heated about it. SoR is improving every day and we plan on giving both of yall a run for your money this week. I know my guild is working hard to improve our night time presence by coordinating with other guilds with the primary goal of keeping DH at bay. I think DH has the strongest night presence but the real difference is that they are more organized as well.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC

in WvW

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon from [EPIC] here. Speaking from personal experience, and from my Guild Leader, Leader Mara’s, experience out there in WvW, people seem to be somewhat mistaken. SoR does not really have a large off hour force (though it has been growing bigger). It’s been mainly US players staying up till ridiculous hours, working their arses off spending roughly 10+ hours in WvW struggling to maintain a foothold on all fronts. If we keep up this pace, we’ll likely burn ourselves out. I know SoR’s Commanders have been out there working hard. Leader Mara being one of those spending absurd amounts of time in WvW directing things to get done. Hell, we’ve managed to hold EH for roughly 48+ hours now, and that’s a grand feet considering DH and SF have been sandwiching us, because they are seemingly unwilling to fight each other. It really falls hard on SoR, when there is no SF to distract DH at night, if anything this silly finger pointing should be put aside, and all servers should be motivated to try no matter what the circumstances. Here’s a shout out from SoR, We’re here, we’re motivated, and we’re ready to take on anyone or anything that’s thrown at us; And if you’re looking for that kind of community, come on board to SoR. We’d be more than happy to take on more of you. We’re more than happy to mold the server to something great, and I think we’re starting to prove that, using this week as an example.

Wilhelm The Pursuer