Sorrow's Furnace vs Darkhaven vs Sanctum of Rall - WUVWUV

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

I just got a video of Sanctum of Rall exploiting a glitch. Guild LoE was doing it in numbers. Couple others, Ill upload it so you can see it. Essentially we were assualting Garrisson and SoR was just waypointing in even though it was contested. We were at this for 10 minutes before i started recording, and i only got last few minutes before we started to wipe

Using a contested waypoint is indeed possible even IF the keep or castle is under constant attack.

When any structure is under attack a dynamic event pops up. For this example we’ll use a keep: “Defend the keep from the attackers” This Dynamic event lasts 3 minutes and if the attackers are still attacking at that time, the dynamic event begins again. You can see the event constantly repeating itself if the structure you are in is under constant attack or bombardment from siege equipment.

HOWEVER, and this is the ‘fine print point’ I’m going to make. During the few seconds that one “Defend” dynamic event ENDS and the subsequent “Defend” dynamic event STARTS again you have a few precious seconds AT THE MOST when the waypoint becomes UNCONTESTED, allowing it’s use to teleport into the keep. If you are unable to take advantage of these few moments you’ll be stuck running to the keep.

As far as I know, this is NOT an exploit. If there is someone of knowledge that can speak to this matter otherwise or provide a link disputing this, then please weigh in as soon as possible.

This is a quote from one SoR player involved:

“I was there when this happened, basically, people were saying to fall back to garrison as our south gate was being attacked. Everyone sees the Waypoint open and spawns in, to see that the lord is already under attack and we end up in the cluster of enemies. Thing is, that waypoint never went contested.

So your point, while insightful and actually quite useful, I think can safely be ruled out. Now, I do think that the most likely explanation is a glitch, unless a player could somehow change a WP’s status.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

I’m a casual player on sor who has been playing more of wvw for the monthly resets these past two weeks and I thought I’d drop my observations. First off the hacking, i found it suspicious that sor never got accused of hacking until they started taking the lead(Maybe wrong haven’t been following till last week). My initial thoughts were that transfers were involved but i still see reports of hacking on the other sides. I think most people would agree that no one wants this on their server but reporting for both sides is difficult. Enemies show as ‘invaders’ and the hackers are likely to do the deeds where no other teammates are around to see. We really have to rely on Anet to figure out a timely solution. If transfers were involved the free transfer system is gonna be like hot potato…what server will they land on when free transfers stop? Unlikely to be a server with super high wvw participation since it’s harder to get away with it with more eyes.

Personally considering there was foul play on most sides I think the bigger reason for the change in the match up is solely because of a large drop in wvw participation. As a casual I queued up at the end of last month due to the sudden september monthly reset and i imagine lots of other “carebears” did as well. I had queues across the board and never saw EB pop. This week there has been rarely a queue and i didn’t have a queue for EB the last two days and I’ve never seen that before. The only reason I think SoR is doing much better in pop isn’t because of transfers but due to success. When people see a server doing well they want to be a part of the win, riding coattails as you will. I will admit when I saw we were doing well I decided to jump in this week even though i usually don’t rush to do the monthly wvw kills.

On the flip side the negative reinforcement of seeing the enemy doing well really is killing participation on the other servers. It seems that the first couple days of a matchup are the key(friday reset is pretty smart). Props to the late night wvw crew on sor at the start of the week in holding back dh from gaining too much and an organized focus during the day to limit dh(sf seemed to decide they wanted to forfeit this round and rest rather than deal with dh’s night play). I remember calling out an SF attack on SFs garrison that we had and being told it was more important to deal with DH. Stopping their momentum at night which was what rallied the daytime players and then focusing them crushed the moral. It sounds like patting myself on the back but i hardly consider myself a sor wvwer, just a cb observer

I’m pretty sure we won’t see this matchup next week. Even if SoR doesn’t move up I’m pretty sure NSP is going to bump someone down. Though I wouldn’t be surprised if we are matched up again in a few weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Billy Mcfloy.4830

Billy Mcfloy.4830

Here are a few screenshots of another epic assault by 20-30 Darkhaven.
The pro Darkhaven ranger managed to get very close to killing him many times if not for about 10 of us using heals on the lord to undo his hard work.

It took about 20 minutes before the darkhaven zerg showed up after the ranger was most likely calling for them to come secure the keep after he ninjas it. The front of the keep then became a rally point for Darkhaven while 90% of the handful of Sanctum defenders were too focused on healing the lord and trying to get rid of the ranger in our keep. Eventually they hopped on the door due to the rangers failure inside and with no one being able to focus on defending they eventually busted down the door and proudly took the tower with many emotes to show their joy.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

Here are a few screenshots of another epic assault by 20-30 Darkhaven.
The pro Darkhaven ranger managed to get very close to killing him many times if not for about 10 of us using heals on the lord to undo his hard work.

It took about 20 minutes before the darkhaven zerg showed up after the ranger was most likely calling for them to come secure the keep after he ninjas it. The front of the keep then became a rally point for Darkhaven while 90% of the handful of Sanctum defenders were too focused on healing the lord and trying to get rid of the ranger in our keep. Eventually they hopped on the door due to the rangers failure inside and with no one being able to focus on defending they eventually busted down the door and proudly took the tower with many emotes to show their joy.

Did you catch a guild tag?

Also a couple DH guilds are transferring to SoR now =/

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

Did you catch a guild tag?

No it was alot of DH different guild tags.

That is truely sad if they are transferring over here. They are unwanted for the record.

in WvW

Posted by: Vexacion.3971

Vexacion.3971

Where was the ranger?

Also I see the walls were upgraded. Rumor I saw in another topic is that you can clip through upgraded walls

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

Bah.

Makes me regret not being able to kill members of your own server.

Any idea which, so I know not to group with them?

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Billy,

Okay so, how about we try to use that post to accomplish something…

First, let’s start with your claim.

“was most likely calling for them to come secure the keep after he ninjas it.”

Is there evidence for this? Did Darkhaven have anything connected to this place captured (e.g. did they have to run through a bunch of stuff your guys held, or did they capture nearby towers/keep/camps)?

Now, did this ranger gain entry illegally? Are you sure he wasn’t just in there when you took it (if you took it)? Don’t worry, I’l trust whatever you say — I have no reason to doubt you.

Unfortunately, your screenshot does little to help us identify this problem. Do you have a level (80 or less?), do you have a guild, and do you have looks (armor, hair, size, race)?

Basically, are you just posting a complaint post, or do you actually want something to come from it? Provide the information and we’ll try to deal with it, just like we’ve dealt with some of our hackers.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

@Arius

lol denial at it’s finest.

There was never any accusation of someone hacking in that post. It’s not my fault that you managed to come to that conclusion when you read it. No need to twist words this isn’t a courtroom. Let the screenshots do the talking.

(edited by Billy Mcfloy.4830)

in WvW

Arius.7031

And what did I deny? Go ahead, point out where I denied anything. We’re waiting.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: fireurza.6849

fireurza.6849

he was trapped in the wall probably not glitching. and your post may not have been accusing him of exploiting but your screenshots do. sometimes when a huge group takes a tower some people fall through the floor in the transition. he may have just been waiting around from then

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

he was trapped in the wall probably not glitching. and your post may not have been accusing him of exploiting but your screenshots do. sometimes when a huge group takes a tower some people fall through the floor in the transition. he may have just been waiting around from then

Or if the wall falls down and people were in the process of entering when the defending team fixes the wall you get stuck in it.

Happened to a few of my guildmates when we were sieging in WvWvW last night.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

lol he was shooting arrows from below the lord and when that wasn’t working he ran out and pulled the lord to the bottom wall where he entered, and the lord stood there for 10 minutes while he tryed that way. We did manage to get his name.# and make an in-game report. I was only able to watch him running back in with the lord on his tail, others managed to click on him to right click report and get his name. His guild tag was something like “Tethis” or “Thetis”.

in WvW

Kami.7369

lol he was shooting arrows from below the lord and when that wasn’t working he ran out and pulled the lord to the bottom wall where he entered, and the lord stood there for 10 minutes while he tryed that way. We did manage to get his name.# and make an in-game report. I was only able to watch him running back in with the lord on his tail, others managed to click on him to right click report and get his name. His guild tag was something like “Tethis” or “Thetis”.

The only guild I know with a name similar to that on DH is Rethesis, who have been posting in this thread.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

The only guild I know with a name similar to that on DH is Rethesis, who have been posting in this thread.

Yeah you are right Rethesis is known for the same things out here. Rethesis is the nest of these kinds of players.

in WvW

Posted by: Akithn.8073

Akithn.8073

As a member Rethesis I have not heard about any of this taking place… I will admit I have seen many people using mesmer portals to get past a wall (this is by us hiding a mesmer or the wall being broken down but rebuilt) which I do not believe is against any rules (correct me if I am mistaken). I have not heard about any members hacking at all or doing anything related to this, however if this was indeed someone hacking or exploiting I do apologize on behalf of my guild; we do not advocate this kind of “playing”, if it can even be called that after hacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

Well our guild tag is [RE] so thats not us if you say that is the guild tag. It could also mean that when you report a player his ID will show up and maybe you are mistaken the player ID from the guild tag.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Posted by: Ptk.2736

Ptk.2736

Video Link of Garrisson spawn. We try to respect our opponents when we vs them. Try to ignore our kitten talking though. You can hear our members trying to kitten talk but take it back but not :P Makes me laugh every time i hear it.

I dont know if any GSCH that were defending dreaming bay come on here, but we had a player glitched into the ground at DB last night, He could have killed all your siege(the cata behind door, AC, ect) /keep lord, altar ect. So i had him take screen shots and report the bug. The games new and has exploits. The question is, do we have the integrity not to use them?

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

As a member Rethesis I have not heard about any of this taking place… I will admit I have seen many people using mesmer portals to get past a wall (this is by us hiding a mesmer or the wall being broken down but rebuilt) which I do not believe is against any rules (correct me if I am mistaken). I have not heard about any members hacking at all or doing anything related to this, however if this was indeed someone hacking or exploiting I do apologize on behalf of my guild; we do not advocate this kind of “playing”, if it can even be called that after hacking.

one of those has a commander icon he puts on a few screenshots later if that helps figuring out who that is for you.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

Ah, I’ve been away from this thread of flaming, accusations, and defensiveness for far too long! Heh.

Congrats on the win this week SoR. I’ve gotten my new mesmer up to 40 and am ready to start this week off strong. See everyone at the reset!

in WvW

Posted by: Enerjak.2475

Enerjak.2475

I did find a location where 2 hack programs for GW2 were being distributed and supported, and reported it to ANet after watching a handful of SoR magically teleport beyond one of our walls.

One was an “all-in-one” package capable of teleportation to waypoints (whether found or not), skillpoint locations, PoIs, etc pre-scripted. It also granted speed alterations by percentile, and added a “no-gravity” function that doubled to allow you to not only fly, but not be blocked by terrain/objects (such as the ground, or a wall).

The other was simply the teleportation script similar to the first, and added a bot function.

Unfortunately as both of these “tools” were reported to ArenaNet as well as the website they are being distributed from, I was asked not to give names or information of how to find them.

However, I should note that while I witnessed particular members of SoR server performing this, I am not incriminating the server. I would imagine some from all servers have found these two (or other) software packages and are using them to exploit the game.

Hopefully with this information as well as the software itself now in ANet’s hands, they can directly counter it, or at least track it. I’ve done my part.

We will use the information you have provided to investigate this program. However, as we will not disclose what information we obtain or how we use it, you will likely not hear from us again regarding this issue.

I appreciate your support of Guild Wars 2 and your interest in keeping the game world and the websites associated with the game pleasant for all players.

Regards,
Nick
Guild Wars Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com

Alcione Enerjak – Human Necromancer (Level 80)
Guild Leader – The Hakaishin [GODS] (Sorrow’s Furnace)

(edited by Enerjak.2475)

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

I did find a location where 2 hack programs for GW2 were being distributed and supported, and reported it to ANet after watching a handful of SoR magically teleport beyond one of our walls.

One was an “all-in-one” package capable of teleportation to waypoints (whether found or not), skillpoint locations, PoIs, etc pre-scripted. It also granted speed alterations by percentile, and added a “no-gravity” function that doubled to allow you to not only fly, but not be blocked by terrain/objects (such as the ground, or a wall).

The other was simply the teleportation script similar to the first, and added a bot function.

Unfortunately as both of these “tools” were reported to ArenaNet as well as the website they are being distributed from, I was asked not to give names or information of how to find them.

However, I should note that while I witnessed particular members of SoR server performing this, I am not incriminating the server. I would imagine some from all servers have found these two (or other) software packages and are using them to exploit the game.

Hopefully with this information as well as the software itself now in ANet’s hands, they can directly counter it, or at least track it. I’ve done my part.

We will use the information you have provided to investigate this program. However, as we will not disclose what information we obtain or how we use it, you will likely not hear from us again regarding this issue.

I appreciate your support of Guild Wars 2 and your interest in keeping the game world and the websites associated with the game pleasant for all players.

Regards,
Nick
Guild Wars Support Team

Oh really, this is news to me never witnessed or seen any screenshots yet since release of game on SoR. You surely took some screenshots if you saw things like that, who wouldn’t? Could you show so we can keep an eye on them and cleanup our side?

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Regards,
Nick
Guild Wars Support Team

Oh really, this is news to me never witnessed or seen any screenshots yet since release of game on SoR. You surely took some screenshots if you saw things like that, who wouldn’t? Could you show so we can keep an eye on them and cleanup our side?

The wife did one better – she FRAPS’s our WvWs together and we’ve it in a video I believe.

I’ll scrounge it up tonight when I get off work and see if I can post it here.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir William PD.9615

Sir William PD.9615

one of those has a commander icon he puts on a few screenshots later if that helps figuring out who that is for you.

How can an enemy realm see a CMDR icon?

-Thoryn Stormbrew, Dolyak Slayer
Purple Dragons – Fort Aspenwood
www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

Regards,
Nick
Guild Wars Support Team

The wife did one better – she FRAPS’s our WvWs together and we’ve it in a video I believe.

I’ll scrounge it up tonight when I get off work and see if I can post it here.

I appreciate that. People like you are always trying to help us out and point out our bad apples that we cannot find but never seem to have a screeny or video.

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

With your eyeballs i suppose.

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

Very insightful. Thanks for being so helpful.

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

;p it shows the commander icon over the players head

Attachments:

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

I appreciate that. People like you are always trying to help us out and point out our bad apples that we cannot find but never seem to have a screeny or video.

I encountered something very similar in Aion, and when reported to NCSoft, they managed a way to track it. 2 massive ban sweeps later, the website hosting the software closed itself down.

Here’s hoping something similar takes place here – or better yet, they develop a means of countering these things from happening altogether.

in WvW

Posted by: Enigo.3472

Enigo.3472

Mate, that’s the Explored World icon not commander. You can’t see SF’s or DH’s commanders.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Are you referring to that golden star thing? If you are, then that’s for 100% world completion. If you’re not though, can you point out where specifically for us to look for commander icon? I didn’t know you could see enemy commanders, it would sure help me with my targeting in the future!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

I didn’t know you could see enemy commanders, it would sure help me with my targeting in the future!

If someone can see the icon, I need to turn mine off!

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

Hmm never payed attention to that always assumed the icons were all commander. Not sure why he turned it on after he entered during combat then.

in WvW

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Hmm never payed attention to that always assumed the icons were all commander. Not sure why he turned it on after he entered during combat then.

You can’t turn the star off, its the reward for 100% world completion.

in WvW

Kami.7369

I didn’t know you could see enemy commanders, it would sure help me with my targeting in the future!

If someone can see the icon, I need to turn mine off!

I saw a different PD Commander (Tharyn?) in SoR Borderlands yesterday. My guild and yours worked together to take the Bay keep and the orb.

Epic moment:
Trebbing the inner wall, push back SoR a couple times, suddenly SE attacks us from behind, and SoR attacks from the front both with 10-30 players (wasn’t in a position to count), and we still managed to win and defend most of our seige equipment as well as take the keep.

It may not be the same level of coordination that SoR had this week to win the entire fight, but it was a ton of fun.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: InterCityFirmWhu.4936

InterCityFirmWhu.4936

Whats the score right now??

in WvW

Arius.7031

Whats the score right now??

This :/

Attachments:

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

I am Thoryn and yeah it was a great moment. One of my players says in mumble “Inc from behind” as we were holding the bridge from SoR. I turn and see SF swarming in through the hole and going after our siege.

It was a “wtf” moment for sure. SF…clear the people off the field before you swarm the wall and hit our trebs.

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

first 2 don’t show it.
must be another one of their famous hacks LOL just kidding.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Vacks.6459

Vacks.6459

first 2 don’t show it.
must be another one of their famous hacks LOL just kidding.

It’s possible they just got map completion from that tower’s POI in between screenshots.

Server: Tarnished Coast
Guild: Ours Is The Fury [FURY]

(edited by Vacks.6459)

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

@ Sir William – We love our WTF moments.

in WvW

Sir William PD.9615

@ Sir William – We love our WTF moments.

It made of some rather lively mumble chat…

:)

www.purpledragons.net

in WvW

Akithn.8073

Yea, my guess is that he got the POI from there getting 100% map completion. I do not know who that is, it isn’t any of our Commanders so far as I know for sure, with 250sh members in the guild (and each with multiple characters) though I honestly have no idea who it is

in WvW

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

Unless it’s changed in the last couple of weeks, you can see enemy commander as a buff among the enemy player’s buffs. It looks a bit different than the map icon.

in WvW

Akithn.8073

I believe Lucubration is correct, you have to click on them and it’s on the buff list but I may be mistaken.

in WvW

Posted by: Deepnoizer.3879

Deepnoizer.3879

Third guild just today that I see that transferred to SoR. I can’t say I’m happy to see them and good luck gaining any respect at all …

Deepnoizer – Guild Leader FMC
www.9kdps.com

in WvW

Billy Mcfloy.4830

They are probably just looking to ascend to greater things with us when the new matchup comes. I agree though server transfers are pretty sad.

in WvW

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

I’ll leave this here for you all.

Rally of Rall

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in WvW

Posted by: Celestian.2689

Celestian.2689

Third guild just today that I see that transferred to SoR. I can’t say I’m happy to see them and good luck gaining any respect at all …

I truely do not understand this. Why transfer? Next week we might be loosing badly.

It is not like you lose/gain a lot… do these guilds consist of 3-4 people and have no status built up? I mean you lose more from transferring a guild than you could possibly gain.

Sanctum of Rall – Vigilance
Mesmer/Engineer

in WvW

Enerjak.2475

Next week SoR will get Fort Aspenwood and Yak’s Bend. Supreme night capping at its perfection, and a ridiculous zerg 3x larger than anything SoR has mustered to date.

>:D