T1 EU Vizunah/Desolation/Elona 10/05/13

in WvW

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Havent seen a Queue in Weeks. maybe EB at prime… but for only a few mins.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in WvW

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

What guilds are left on desolation now for WvW? How are the queues?

Not many guilds left except INVI (a few old iron members and commanders), EXG, GoD and some GT/WL.

Borderlands never have a queue anymore and EB has a queue for prime times but only ever 10 min long.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

26 guilds turned up to the server meeting last week. As for queues EB usually has 10-30 minute queue from 1600-2100. 2 borderlands are nearly always unmanned and Deso BL sometimes has a queue during prime time.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

Well it seems Deso is ready too leave T1 and proly T2 also maybe for the best after the exodus we had last months
The kitten we get now on the borderlands are no more fun so make this fast people

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

desolation/kodash/piken ?? would that be good (from deso’s perspective?)
or is it now a zerg fest whatever the tier/server? just curious been away for a while.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

desolation/kodash/piken ?? would that be good (from deso’s perspective?)
or is it now a zerg fest whatever the tier/server? just curious been away for a while.

Seafarers afaik isn’t having an easier time in Tier 2 we would be up against new servers and that might bring back the enthusiasm to play like this week with Elona joining T1.
Right now as it’s been said we don’t have long queues outside of EB at prime time, we seem to have a new wave of ‘pugs’ who are not all receptive to cooperate in wvw and complain, we have only a few actual wvw guilds left anymore and we still have the coverage issues.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

EXG, INVI (ex-Eternal IRON), GOD, Unit, Claw, AFTL, WL, just to mention few. IRON Hall (pvx guild) has also been really active at WvWvW recently. I heard that our guild meeting less than 1 week ago had representatives of 26 guilds. Now that Wrex destroyed our old forums, we got new ones running at:
http://www.desospeak.com/forums/

Last night we had 3 hour queue to EB, but that is highly unusual and was due that event. We also had roughly 30 minute queue to Desolation BL, where I was. Usually the queue to borderlands is very short (<5 mins) and no queue to any map during off-peak hours.

In other words: our active WvWvW base is not shrinking. It is just that we have less big organized WvWvW hard core guilds and more PuGs. Outside peak hours we are usually outmanned.

Desolation’s main weakness still remains the off-hours / night time. By the morning VS has captured all the map. If we would have 2 major night time capping guilds things would be totally different.

Ayna Micro

PS. Epic fight at Deso Garrison on yesterday on 11th May evening. Both VS and ER were trying to get the Garrison from us. Turning our walls into Swiss cheese and getting inside lord room. We held off all their attacks for many hours in a row. Great work especially from EXG! That portal to the roof was so well-timed. I was just on-off PuG commander.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

EXG, INVI (ex-Eternal IRON), GOD, Unit, Claw, WL, just to mention few. IRON Hall (pvx guild) has also been really active at WvWvW recently. I heard that our guild meeting less than 1 week ago had representatives of 26 guilds. Now that Wrex destroyed our old forums, we got new ones running at:
http://www.desospeak.com/forums/

Last night we had 3 hour queue to EB, but that is highly unusual and was due that event. We also had roughly 30 minute queue to Desolation BL, where I was. Usually the queue to borderlands is very short (<5 mins) and no queue to any map during off-peak hours.

PS. Epic fight at Deso Garrison on yesterday on 11th May evening. Both VS and ER were trying to get the Garrison from us. Turning our walls into Swiss cheese and getting inside lord room. We held off all their attacks for many hours in a row. Great work especially from EXG! That portal to the roof was so well-timed. I was just on-off PuG commander.

Not forgetting AFTL who were also on Deso BL.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: NoXsNoNo.9348

NoXsNoNo.9348

This Sunday evening 12/05/2013 20h45 – 21h00.

Come and watch “WaR LegenD” in GvG versus “Main Noire”.

You can follow this match up on our site: “http://www.twitch.tv/warlegend

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Not forgetting AFTL who were also on Deso BL.

Oops. Sorry my bad! Afterlife [AFTL] has been very active in WvWvW. I have seen you often at the same time. My hats off for your players as well!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

thank you for those screenshots. actually all of them proves there is zero zoom hacks. learn to turn your camera

the second one is the most funny:
if you can see the arrow cart it can see you yes!

lol man, the second screen just shows the position of the ac since you couldnt see it from the position it was shooting at
and no, theres no way you can turn your cam to target these positions from there without a zoomhack

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Thinking of coming back? If yes, hook me up ingame for a chat and Im sure we can figure something out!

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: PsyllO.3728

PsyllO.3728

Thinking of coming back? If yes, hook me up ingame for a chat and Im sure we can figure something out!

Yes it was sad too see FG and GH leave for understandable reasons it was always nice too have you guys on the borderlands

Psyllo |guardian|
[Coin] Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

So close >_<

Unfortunately GD spoiled our fun.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: SmartBobby.6283

SmartBobby.6283

So close >_<

Unfortunately GD spoiled our fun.

hahaha, sry dude :P but it was very sneaky!

Reges Insani Occultae Templae [RIOT] | http://www.riot-guild.eu/
Elona Reach [DE] – Let’s be strong and fight together! ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Zilly.3279

Zilly.3279

Hey there,

First, welcome back to Elona, its good to see some competition back.

Ins, move your kitten on EB and try to come get me, it will be prett fun

Zilly Guardian [MN]

Zilly Guardian [MN]
Commander EB on Vizunah Square.

in WvW

Posted by: TyrDaishi.1057

TyrDaishi.1057

The most hilarious comment I’ve read so far was a vizunah player who claimed Elona is bad at open field fights. Dude, Elona is by far the most aggressive Server I’ve seen so far. We saw mostly the backsite of JS players in the last matchup. (Some of them where pretty nice though, delicious elementalist girls in kinky outfits).

And dude, you guys waited in hills while we where standing on the outer wall. We where 18 guys n’ girls you had around 30 people already. Still you waited until you reached around 50-60 before you attacked us from the inner ring. So you either can’t count for crap or you should reconsider your statement regarding open field fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Hey there,

First, welcome back to Elona, its good to see some competition back.

Ins, move your kitten on EB and try to come get me, it will be prett fun

Zilly Guardian [MN]

Wish i could mate, stuck at work for another 5 hours ;( If only you could get paid to command in gw2 haha.

Should be on for an hour or 2 when i get in, i’ll /w ya and we’ll meet up with the blobs for a fight if no-one is commanding on Deso EB ^^

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Zilly.3279

Zilly.3279

Wish i could mate, stuck at work for another 5 hours ;(

Same for me, but lets meet this evenning

Who wants this fight versus a guild of handicaped’s?

Hahahahaha, i like that

But, who are you ?
xD

Zilly Guardian [MN]
Commander EB on Vizunah Square.

(edited by Zilly.3279)

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

When Desu drops to T2, do you think Kodash might overtake to T1? They might gain a bit too much from Desu and SfR point bleed.

in WvW

Posted by: olleN.2356

olleN.2356

When Desu drops to T2, do you think Kodash might overtake to T1? They might gain a bit too much from Desu and SfR point bleed.

Jade Sea will come T1

Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

With SFR and Deso loosing a lot of their WvW population a month ago, they stayed overrated in T1 due to the rating bug for a month. Now that SFR finally dropped, their score begin to adapt to their remaining population capabilities.

T2 clearly shows that Jade and Kodash are now better than SFR and probably better than Deso as well. So the EU top3 will be Vizu, Elona and either Jade or Kodash or Piken.
But PIken does not want T2 and blocks the T2-T3 border: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Augury-Rock-Vs-Baruch-Bay-Vs-Piken-Square/2006509
it will be Jade or Kodash (more likely Jade, as night-capping wins) replacing Deso, if Deso doesn’t stay T1.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Jade in t1 would kill vizunah – both make there points at same time and this joker is not strong anymore when shared by 2 servers

in WvW

Posted by: Xentinel.5184

Xentinel.5184

Jade in t1 would kill vizunah – both make there points at same time and this joker is not strong anymore when shared by 2 servers

Hmmm. Well, i guess they will take the most points from us und focus us. Why should Vizu/Jade attack each other if they can take towers from elona without effort?

Elona Reach [DE]
Zeptil – Mavelion – Xentinel – Wyzriel – Thranax -Jarthas – Wretch

in WvW

Dayra.7405

With only Viz being active at 4:00 the score is something like
Viz 500+: Elona 150-: Deso 45- i.e. 350 more for Viz per tick than for Elona
With Viz and Jade active at 4:00 the score is likely something like
Viz 350: Jade 245 : Elona 100 i.e. 250 more for Viz per tick than for Elona

We would have less, but more decisive is: Vizu would have less night-advantage over us. (Under the assumption of no inter-server coordination of course.)

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Leorcyn.1063

Leorcyn.1063

The most hilarious comment I’ve read so far was a vizunah player who claimed Elona is bad at open field fights.

Well, I guess that was my comment.
And I’ll reiterate : Elona should work on open field fights, it’s by far their greatest weakness.
I don’t mean any disrespect to them, this my objective criticism of their server after a weekend on the borderlands.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about [GD], so I’m sure they do have very strong guilds. But the groups I faced during the weekend (wether they are organised raids or just PU raids) died rather quickly compared to what we saw on SFR2.0 or Deso.
The good point is that they like to fight, even outnumbered, even when dying repeatedly.

in WvW

Posted by: ladyfabulous.1403

ladyfabulous.1403

So day-capping is more honourable than night-capping….Hmm
Thanks to our german friends for that new perspective even Sfr didn’t dare.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I only played in the morning around 10am, there we meet an (atleast) equal size Vizu-zerg. I guess this did not changed over the day, did it?

But anyway, do we play for honor or do we play for points, I though Vizu as well as Elona think we are playing for points and play accordingly.

I also think that PvD is less interesting than PvP, therefore I take any opportunity in the forum to propose to weight the score-ticker by the amount of players currently playing. But as long as ANet doesn’t do anything about that we have to get the best out of the fact that PvD is much more lucrative than PvP to win a match.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Tygra.4570

Tygra.4570

This idea is as old as GW2. Not sure it’s worth thinking about it anymore looking at the amount of consideration given by Anet.

The French Flair [FF]

in WvW

Posted by: pinkflamingo.4730

pinkflamingo.4730

Jade Sea will come T1

The other posts from Jade Sea members in this thread have inspired me to do what i can to keep Deso up

Keep up the good fight Elona! Dont give up Deso! Vizsunah flex your muscles!

Froody / Desolation
Pink Feathery Elementalist

in WvW

Repuran.1859

never thought I’d say this but after seeing Elona for 3 days they blob up more than Viz, its pathetic tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Talel.2879

Talel.2879

Tbh people shouldn’t complain about blobbing.. Besides SFR (when everyone was still there) everyone blobbed the bleep out of eachother. ER, amazing how you hold your own against Vizunah! Vizunah, you got some great guilds (and pugs of course) and whatever anyone says you guys deserve respect for being in tier 1 since the beginning.

Regards,

Talel – Warrior – Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD]

in WvW

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

The most hilarious comment I’ve read so far was a vizunah player who claimed Elona is bad at open field fights.

And I’ll reiterate : Elona should work on open field fights, it’s by far their greatest weakness.
I don’t mean any disrespect to them, this my objective criticism of their server after a weekend on the borderlands.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about [GD], so I’m sure they do have very strong guilds. But the groups I faced during the weekend (wether they are organised raids or just PU raids) died rather quickly compared to what we saw on SFR2.0 or Deso.
The good point is that they like to fight, even outnumbered, even when dying repeatedly.

You are talking about another PUG server like you are. Deso and SFR were ultimate guild servers full of high guality action. PUG servers are the way to be if you want to play pointgame and the quality of fights is not that high in general

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in WvW

Posted by: Ramic.2346

Ramic.2346

Some nice facts about our “blobing” in Elona Reach. We are running at prime time on each Borderland atleast one Guild-Raid besides our Random-Raid. Normally no Guild is runing with more then 35 in a Raid. Yes, sometimes our Random-Raid and our Guild-Raid meet each other but its rly hard not to meet if u only have one target left on the map.
At the moment we are that strong because we organize max. 2 Guild-Raids on each Bl and the rest goes in the “Random-Raid” and normally there are enough other Players from our WvW-Guilds in this “Random-Raids”.
Thats how our server-state is atm. The exception is the EB, where we have pretty often blobs but our guilds normally dont play there so… .

My Experience till now:
Vizu ran, got wiped whole day on the Vizu-Borderlands, we ran with one “Random-Raid” wich was around 30 player big and 2 Guild-Raids(Offensive-Zerg and Aegis) wich were around 20-35 players each. We held the whole map except for one tower for many hours(sry, didnt count). Oh yes, and of my guild-mates got a prec from one of the thousend Vizu baggys, thanks for that. Nice day for us, now u can continue ur trakittenalk.

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

are you playing on EB?

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Enjoy getting your kitten kicked by a “pug-server”.

Without being the current target of winning team joiners neither Deso, nor Blacktide or SFR would have amounted to anything, ever.

in WvW

Repuran.1859

Some nice facts about our “blobing” in Elona Reach. We are running at prime time on each Borderland atleast one Guild-Raid besides our Random-Raid. Normally no Guild is runing with more then 35 in a Raid. Yes, sometimes our Random-Raid and our Guild-Raid meet each other but its rly hard not to meet if u only have one target left on the map.
At the moment we are that strong because we organize max. 2 Guild-Raids on each Bl and the rest goes in the “Random-Raid” and normally there are enough other Players from our WvW-Guilds in this “Random-Raids”.
Thats how our server-state is atm. The exception is the EB, where we have pretty often blobs but our guilds normally dont play there so… .

My Experience till now:
Vizu ran, got wiped whole day on the Vizu-Borderlands, we ran with one “Random-Raid” wich was around 30 player big and 2 Guild-Raids(Offensive-Zerg and Aegis) wich were around 20-35 players each. We held the whole map except for one tower for many hours(sry, didnt count). Oh yes, and of my guild-mates got a prec from one of the thousend Vizu baggys, thanks for that. Nice day for us, now u can continue ur trakittenalk.

Not sure if serious, everytime Bay or Hills is attacked by Desolation for example you call your whole zerg on that BL (usually 50+) and make about 10 arrow carts. Not even Viz sit in keeps with 50+ blob’s using AC’s.

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

so what is our “level” you are talking about?^^

The one you had or the one you showed last time?

If it’s the first I talk about the elona that resisted us in fights, not leaving us one inch of ground without a hard fight and not giving up even though outnumbered. The elona breaking through our doors after killing one entire zerg of our people. The elona with a certain sense of honour and skilled players at all level (from commanders to “simple” fighter).

If it’s the second I talk about the elona I saw last time with unskilled players in de-organised zergs with poor strategic choices we rolled on without even noticing and so providing no fun at all…The elona desperately trying to stop us with a mass of siege weapons (from what I heard it didn’t change though the up of AC might play in your favour this time) and ceasing to fight after few defeats only…

For me it was just black and white. And if I have a deep respect for the first I consider the second has no place in high tier WvW… I’m just waiting for an interesting matchup (the last I can remember was 4 months ago). If you can give me one I’ll be very happy…But the elona I saw last time was not worth the fight(exept for the loot but I don’t go in WvW to farm…)

Thing is you need to change YOUR server, not change others. Maybe if instead of steamrolling people when they sleep and cap towers with 9 golems, PVD etc ( Do i really need to go on?) I mean if you guys change the way you play and stop playing the way you do, maybe, just maaaayybee some servers will want to fight you.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Angelyne.2936

Angelyne.2936

This idea is as old as GW2. Not sure it’s worth thinking about it anymore looking at the amount of consideration given by Anet.

In fact that idea is older than RvR MMO since you can copy/past exactly the same kind of comment from the old DAoC forums.

Bandwagon, night caps, fair or unfair way to play.

It’s allways fair when you win, and unfair when you loose.

Angelyne – Guild Leader for Metatrone – Vizunah Square [Fr] on EU Ladder

in WvW

Dayra.7405

It’s allways fair when you win, and unfair when you loose.

That’s why I avoided to use the term “fair” and only said I find PvP more interesting than PvD and that it would be nice, if ANet would make the interesting things rewarding and not the boring ones decisive

in WvW

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Enjoy getting your kitten kicked by a “pug-server”.

Without being the current target of winning team joiners neither Deso, nor Blacktide or SFR would have amounted to anything, ever.

Sorry if I offended you but I was just stating the facts. PUG servers usually have a lot of quantity and we all know what wins wars in this game As you said: With guilds joining one server they make the server good not all because of quality but quantity.

Guilds have been together for a time and have practiced and played with the same people many times. They know what to do exactly. PUG zerg even when using TS is not that efficient. There are always those who don’t know what to do and get left behind and rally enemies faster than your main group can down.

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in WvW

Dayra.7405

But as we all know now: guilds zergs are very difficult to play in prime-time on a server with long queues. We just saw: relying or even insisting on guilds zergs in prime-time breaks a server apart.
EB on Elona has much more queue than any BL, that’s why you meet guild-raids of Elona on BLs and nearly never in prime-time (which is 11am till 11pm on weekends) on EB. Vizu with likely more queues than Elona has the same problem.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

My Experience till now:

We were just one raid with 20/40 players on the only one commander this afternoon … no Guild-Raid, no queue. I am not complaining about your dedication and funny blobs ( or german’s holyday ? ) because I prefer day like that than karma train against no-playing server.

Anyways nice evening, isn’t it ?

jade sea, EU

(edited by GrandMechantLoup.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: lunoh.1963

lunoh.1963

My Experience till now:

Not sure if serious, everytime Bay or Hills is attacked by Desolation for example you call your whole zerg on that BL (usually 50+) and make about 10 arrow carts. Not even Viz sit in keeps with 50+ blob’s using AC’s.

well i hardly believe its 50+ besides primetime… we had(have) really big issues with keeping the pugs together so you will hardly encounter more then 40-45 people at one spot.. (only if guild group joins the fight then you have your 60+ but that happens only if PUG zerg is outnumbered)

as for the ACs… well let’s just say we learned one or two things in T2^^

in WvW

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Thank you to everyone we fought with and against last night in Desolatino Borderlands. Things got pretty hectic and both Vizzy and Elona were both pretty aggressive opponents al night. SO much so we ended up with this garrison sandwich

http://youtu.be/stVnfiu7OHk

thanks it was fantastic fun

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

in WvW

TyrDaishi.1057

Thankfully your wishes and dreams are not even close to the reality I encounter every day. It may be true that, considering the whole day and the different amount and type of players and commanders we have, you will most certainly win some fights. But I truly have no Idea how you consider yourself to be the better open field fighters. I lost one battle yesterday in several hours of gameplay, and we met you guys quite often. So my guess would be that you are indeed playing at strange times or on EB. I can’t say anything about that since I barely ever play on EB.

So I recommand that you play on deso or your homelands during primetime, I think you might be surprised and will have a better experience.

(edited by TyrDaishi.1057)

in WvW

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

lol are you serious? some viz giving advice about others open field fight skills?
we have had some fights against elona and they did fight quite well (even when they lost the whole time). but when engaging viz it’s more like ‘huh? what’s with the battle? where are all thos lootbags coming from?‘.
a common joke on deso is: ’a typical vizunah: my mum told me i could become everything, so i became a lootbag!’

but whatever, so looking forward to go to t2 as with elona entering there are now 2 hardcore blobbing servers.

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

in WvW

TyrDaishi.1057

lol are you serious? some viz giving advice about others open field fight skills?
we have had some fights against elona and they did fight quite well (even when they lost the whole time). but when engaging viz it’s more like ‘huh? what’s with the battle? where are all thos lootbags coming from?‘.
a common joke on deso is: ’a typical vizunah: my mum told me i could become everything, so i became a lootbag!’

but whatever, so looking forward to go to t2 as with elona entering there are now 2 hardcore blobbing servers.

You nearly sounded nice until you reached “(even when they lost the whole time)”. Because that’s just not true. For obvious reasons. Some fights you win some you lose, everyone who tells otherwise is just, plain and simple, not telling the truth.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Jade Sea will come T1

I guess with the reanimation of SFR in T2 this topic is resolved: No one will switch between T1 and T2 for a while.

Let’s enjoy our current setup until ANet fixes the rating-system.

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Jade Sea will come T1

I guess with the reanimation of SFR in T2 this topic is resolved: No one will switch between T1 and T2 for a while.

Let’s enjoy our current setup until ANet fixes the rating-system.

Desolation is waiting to enjoy for over 2 months already, nothing fun.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.