T2 NA: TC/DB/FA 5/24

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

HAHA! know exactly who you’re talking about he was telling us in guild chat! XD That was Sirslayer The Brave :P Ya commander Zoel gave him a new build yesterday

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Recruitment thread progression:
DB: Come join our community. we’re pretty cool.
Other servers esp. TC and FA: Db sucks they are full of jerks.
DB: no we’re pretty cool and proud of it.
Other servers: Wagon Brand, Wagon Brand!!!
DB: Come on, we made it to T2 without transfers.
Other servers: cricket, cricket…You got transfers we Hate you!!!
DB: but thats because we’re a pretty cool community.

and on, and on, and on…

You may be missing the underhanded reason why a lot of the recruiting happened in the first place: a certain few people had dreams of reaching T1 with a new server, so they focused on recruiting with that goal in mind. That’s the reason people label DB as a bandwagon server. Ironically, even with the thousand or so transfers that did happen, it doesn’t appear to have made any difference in that goal.

Wanting to recruit is fine, but I can’t really respect ripping guilds from a T1 Server to get the T2 server that said person is on to T1 for some weird fantasy. Hilariously enough, even if you guys had stomped all over T2 as planned, ANet would have swooped in with the new rating change.

Just my opinion though.

Furthermore, to the DB people still trying to get transfers: your server is full. Let some other servers have the guilds please. Despite your awesome community, you can’t stuff anyone else in there reliably anyhoo.

Actually the recruiting started when Db realized it was just a matter of time before we went to T2. As I have stated before we remembered the drubbing we got when TC or FA were in T3 during NA prime. What you are posting above is uninformed conjecture, with some weird splash of paranoia.

I can actually understand why some of the new members of our community would want to get to T1 to get some frustration out on the battlefield based on the smearing they have received here on the forums. But is wanting to improve a servers position something to be ashamed of?

If the Db timezones where we are less populated do not work and recruit to improve where we are lacking, we will be letting our prime time SEA guilds down.

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

This thread is going to be locked

im in agreement this thread should have been locked earlier and imo some of the posters recieveing a temporary ban. thx anet for deleteing the worst posts but still a lot of it going around

I don’t think anyone got banned, but posts removed none the less.

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Kill You Dude.9536

I Kill You Dude.9536

That was me leading the havoc squad in TC BL for the last hour Had fun fighting superior numbers of TC and in a few cases winning! That fight between NE bay and Garrison, as well as the fight at north camp was very fun! Thanks TC for the fun!

Who’s the charr guy in your guild that was on TCBL about 10 minutes ago. We had four guys wailing on him, hitting him with stuns, snares, confusion, etc … and nada. He got maybe 2% damage total, resisted all the stuns, snares, etc .. and ran up to the vista at north camp. I really want to know his build, lol, cos four of us couldn’t even make a dent in him.

That would be me my good madam and it is a special build i was given by my senior commander and what you were told or saw was untrue i was only stunned once, was never snared either, and what conditions you did put on me was quickly removed with my many condition removals. This build is my special build and i will not give it up easily
~Sirslayer The Brave

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That was me leading the havoc squad in TC BL for the last hour Had fun fighting superior numbers of TC and in a few cases winning! That fight between NE bay and Garrison, as well as the fight at north camp was very fun! Thanks TC for the fun!

Who’s the charr guy in your guild that was on TCBL about 10 minutes ago. We had four guys wailing on him, hitting him with stuns, snares, confusion, etc … and nada. He got maybe 2% damage total, resisted all the stuns, snares, etc .. and ran up to the vista at north camp. I really want to know his build, lol, cos four of us couldn’t even make a dent in him.

That would be me my good madam and it is a special build i was given by my senior commander and what you were told or saw was untrue i was only stunned once, was never snared either, and what conditions you did put on me was quickly removed with my many condition removals. This build is my special build and i will not give it up easily
~Sirslayer The Brave

Lol, well thanks for waving at me and bowing

You realize I’m going to stalk you now? Lol.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

In all seriousness, and despite all the crap talking I have done recently:

This has been a great matchup. Every week has been fun.

With the changes coming up, we could be seeing some different opponents…lets just remember how much better Tier 2 in its current state is right now as opposed to Tier 1.

Lets face it, we are better servers than them. They have coverage. Otherwise they are weak sauce.

+1. Fantastic matchup. And hey, without smack talking, it would all be less fun!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

I Kill You Dude.9536

~Sirslayer The Brave

I always wave or bow at people who are nice to me in WvW and you can only stalk me if you can find me
~Sirslayer The Brave

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

TC and FA really need to end their truce already, it’s getting very old.

I was thinking the same thing! Are TC and FA constantly double teaming DB? When DB first came in they were winning easily, but now they can barely keep up with FA…. Or is the DB community falling apart?

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

~Sirslayer The Brave

I always wave or bow at people who are nice to me in WvW and you can only stalk me if you can find me
~Sirslayer The Brave

I’m pretty good at finding people

You’re a puzzle now … Must … Figure …. Out. …… How …. To … Kill :p

And I always /bow after fights but for you, I’d send cookies too.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I was thinking the same thing! Are TC and FA constantly double teaming DB? When DB first came in they were winning easily, but now they can barely keep up with FA…. Or is the DB community falling apart?

Aurust dear, go back to your tier 1 thread. Stop trolling here.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Wagonbrand is falling apart. We’ll drop down from#6 position to where we belonged before new guilds joined us – #6!!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

I Kill You Dude.9536

~Sirslayer The Brave

~Sirslayer The Brave

Wellll one way to kill me would be to put me against say 20 people, I don’t think i could run then lol and what kind of cookies o_o
~Sirslayer The Brave

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

~Sirslayer The Brave

~Sirslayer The Brave

Wellll one way to kill me would be to put me against say 20 people, I don’t think i could run then lol and what kind of cookies o_o
~Sirslayer The Brave

So two mesmers and a necro (all their clones and pets). Gotchya :p

I think I sent Andy cookies once after I FINALLY managed to kill him (he’s another one that’s a devil to kill and it’s only been the one time and I had to have friends with me, lol) …. You’ll have to ask him what kind cos it’s a surprise you only get if I kill you.

in Match-ups

I Kill You Dude.9536

~Sirslayer The Brave

~Sirslayer The Brave

~Sirslayer The Brave

So two mesmers and a necro (all their clones and pets). Gotchya :p

I think I sent Andy cookies once after I FINALLY managed to kill him (he’s another one that’s a devil to kill and it’s only been the one time and I had to have friends with me, lol) …. You’ll have to ask him what kind cos it’s a surprise you only get if I kill you.

Funny thing i was fighting a mesmer like 3 minutes before you guys and i reflected (yes i can reflect :P) his scepter basic attack chain and created a clone of myself… just think of all the clones of myself i could make vs 2 mesmers o_o that would be hilarious
~Sirslayer The Brave

in Match-ups

Posted by: Crujiente.8612

Crujiente.8612

I love how there’s people from DB thinking TC and FA are teaming up, and there’s people from FA thinking DB and TC are teaming up. Keep the drama going. It makes for an entertaining read!

That being said, I think the matchup has been extremely competitive. Good fights all around from both DB and FA.

toast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

You might get infracted for this post since ur not allowed to call someone the T word

OT: I am curious as to whats going on that,s all, since SOR may be facing you guys in the future.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

So much sneakiness going on.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

You might get infracted for this post since ur not allowed to call someone the T word

OT: I am curious as to whats going on that,s all, since SOR may be facing you guys in the future.

It’s not so much server drama. Fact is, only about 1/4th of our wvw population uses TS. Coordination can be painful and we’re an easy server to ninja against. There has been some guild drama, but nothing grand scale. Some people are burnt out, I know that the guild I am in has been on rough times. Ever since we lost our wvw numbers in October diluting our pvp numbers the server as a whole has been mostly flooded with pve-ers. We’re a pve server with a dedicated core of wvw-ers (some of whom) are beginning to tire. Even the pugs are the same people, everyday.

Allow me to be bold in suggesting that without at least one “Legendary x” blue dorito running around we’d be T3 naturally. The 2v1 is a factor, but it’s part of the game. Capitalizing on opportunities is kind of the point, and as a server it’s something we need to work on. When TC or FA hit each other, we need to back cap. This is a thing we don’t do.

It’s costing us.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Yeah, the FA I’ve been killing all week (and those who have been killing me) definitely love this great truce we’re in. /rolleyes

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

The truce being that they let me see the yak defenders coming so I can change my mind and run away?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Southsun.

An hour after reset there was a queue to get into Southsun and no queues to get into any WvW map. There is a 50/50 chance that you will end up in Southsun overflow any time you head there, regardless of the time of day, and in my experience you will be in overflow for anything from 20 minutes to three hours.

What is in Southsun? A full-sized zerg farming Instigators. I have yet to go into Southsun without seeing people I often see in WvW participating in the farming. If they are in Southsun they are not in WvW, simple as that.

You can go on about “burnout” and “fairweathers” all you like but the timing is suspicious, don’t you think? One week DB has queues on 3/4 WvW maps and is winning the match and the next week new content is released which includes a huge MF buff and a very lucrative farm and there’s suddenly no WvW queues and DB is losing.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

(edited by Sokar Rostau.7316)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

Been a while since the last, on that note… what happened? We used to get 7 updates a day lol.

Attachments:

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

can’t wait for a new matchup….

[Agg] ression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ocelot.6053

Ocelot.6053

Blood Work mesmer of FA really being a jerk in DBBL.

I understand you’re better at pvp than I am but is dancing on my grave and laughing at me really necessary?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

Who cares who loses and who wins. There are NO REWARDS.
Enjoy the good fights. After some point you won’t give a crap about who wins or losses. I think most hardcore players feel the same way.

Just fight

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mayoken.9851

Mayoken.9851

I want to fight BG next reset.
Plz Anet gods.

Mayoken [PLX] Plexity – Lieutenant – 7nth lvl 80 WW
Blackgate – www.plexity.guildportal.com –
Founder of [CO] | Nov ’12 2012 – May ’13 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Southsun.

An hour after reset there was a queue to get into Southsun and no queues to get into any WvW map. There is a 50/50 chance that you will end up in Southsun overflow any time you head there, regardless of the time of day, and in my experience you will be in overflow for anything from 20 minutes to three hours.

What is in Southsun? A full-sized zerg farming Instigators. I have yet to go into Southsun without seeing people I often see in WvW participating in the farming. If they are in Southsun they are not in WvW, simple as that.

You can go on about “burnout” and “fairweathers” all you like but the timing is suspicious, don’t you think? One week DB has queues on 3/4 WvW maps and is winning the match and the next week new content is released which includes a huge MF buff and a very lucrative farm and there’s suddenly no WvW queues and DB is losing.

This is not an excuse for allowing garrison to be waypointed in two consecutive matches. Other servers have Southsun events too.

Bottom line: DB needs to get her @@expletive@@ together, pronto.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

lol, anyone ever have this happen? Gate is 100% but you see this?

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

http://www.twitch.tv/aggguild/

stream of gvg we have going on with EP, will start soon.

Thanks EP!!!

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

Any hardcore wvw guilds will priortise wvw before PvE events no?

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Gate is 100% but you see this?

Those asura have perfected the sliding glass door!

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Any hardcore wvw guilds will priortise wvw before PvE events no?

For my part, I haven’t been to Southsun once. I’m in WvW like 80% of the time I’m logged in, but I’m starting to ask myself why.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

For my part, I haven’t been to Southsun once. I’m in WvW like 80% of the time I’m logged in, but I’m starting to ask myself why.

I’m a little concerned about your frustration with DB. In my world view gaming is optional even if I’m part of a “raiding” guild. Holding guilds and individuals to schedules and participation, though perhaps a key to ultimate success, is going to lead to drama. Let’s keep DB drama free!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Blood Work mesmer of FA really being a jerk in DBBL.

I understand you’re better at pvp than I am but is dancing on my grave and laughing at me really necessary?

Did we let him out again?….

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Thanks EP!!!

I see a bunch of other non-Agg around…I hope they respect the GvG!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thet.7153

Thet.7153

yep. this has happened to me quire a few times. invisible gate.

cog in the wheel for the Tarnished Coast
did you call me a PUG, I am Militia.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

I’m a little concerned about your frustration with DB. In my world view gaming is optional even if I’m part of a “raiding” guild. Holding guilds and individuals to schedules and participation, though perhaps a key to ultimate success, is going to lead to drama. Let’s keep DB drama free!

I’m not holding anyone to a schedule, I just have a hard time believing that the Southsun events are affecting DB and only DB.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Thanks EP!!!

I see a bunch of other non-Agg around…I hope they respect the GvG!

Don’t mind us, we are just watching.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Yep. Same tower (NW) too.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Eviator.9746

Thanks EP!!!

Darn, got super laggy when it started.

Never having run with Agg, watching the movement, even when 1/2 of the way through the fight, is downright disturbingly scary.

(edited by Eviator.9746)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zeke.6037

Zeke.6037

Thanks for the GvG EP! Glad someone finally stepped up and had a GvG with us!

Anyone else that is looking to GvG us, Pm Aggressive Jericho, Aggressive Nfn, or Myself, Diva, to set up a time!

[Lost] Diva
SF-GOM-SOS-BG-ET-DB-MAG-JQ-SOS-JQ-SOS-TC-BP-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

Thoroughly enjoyed the GvG with you, [EP]. Nice coordination and thanks for being classy at the end. We thought someone put a static field on us to attack, but it turned out to be just a random static field, haha.

<3

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Had a really good time, and it went about as well as we expected. xD

It was our first time doing a GvG and we learned a bunch.

I think that static field was an FA trying to cause a brawl, so no worries. It had a red ring for us.

GG guys! Hope we get a chance to do that again down the road!

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Don’t you stalk everyone anyway Jayne :P

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Who cares who loses and who wins. There are NO REWARDS.
Enjoy the good fights. After some point you won’t give a crap about who wins or losses. I think most hardcore players feel the same way.

Just fight

Funny seeing you ask who cares who wins

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Dear Dragonbrand,
I regretfully inform you that you have incurred a massive infestation of Tarnished Coast. The buggers seem to have wormed their way inside all of your keeps and made it their homes. The best action is to be patient, wait it out, and after enough bag’s and time I’m sure they’ll migrate away.
Sincerely,
The Guild Wars Exterminator

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

Dear Dragonbrand,
I regretfully inform you that you have incurred a massive infestation of Tarnished Coast. The buggers seem to have wormed their way inside all of your keeps and made it their homes. The best action is to be patient, wait it out, and after enough bag’s and time I’m sure they’ll migrate away.
Sincerely,

Sounds like someone’s a little full of themselves.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Krycek.1269

Krycek.1269

Dear Dragonbrand,
Sincerely,

Sounds like someone’s a little full of themselves.

Dragonbrand Legend, yeah sure does.

Olyn Deschain – Guardian[LAID]
Duey Decimator – Thief