That stealth nurf you've all been calling for

in WvW

Posted by: zaniix.9074

zaniix.9074

I think it is a mistake to fix culling and nerf stealth at the same time. You never change two things that affect the same set of skills at once.

As far as thief goes, the people who die to the GC backstabber will still die because you are not good player. If you could not avoid the burst before this nerf it wont matter after. Keep telling yourself its culling, its not.

2. Good thieves will still beat you down because they do not rely on perma stealth or culling, 4 second reveal goes by fast and then poof we are gone again. its not like the thief will just stand there and wait for the 4 seconds to go by. They are very mobile.

My guess is this was as some said more of a nerf to veil, because if you have multiple mesmers you can keep tossing veil and have a huge group stealth as they enter combat, however with culling removed is this really that big of a deal? Shouldn’t that be a viable tactic?

lets remember the real issue is that when people were not in stealth they did not appear to us. I am not sure how anyone could evaluate a skill like stealth when it was not working as intended in the first place due to culling.

just my 2cents.

——Tranquill Rain [CO]——

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Seems like a great change to how Revealed works, makes sense mechanically and balance-wise.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Hmmh, a bit boring. Means I need to buy my thief new gear and just spec for glass cannon or p/d then. My mesmer benefits from this though, as skilled thieves were the only counters for my build. :P Well, p/d ones still are.

Skilled thieves don’t need to chain stealth, sry you’ll still have problems with us. :-P

Yes they do when they fight against me. :P Now I can just dodge / pop invulnerabilities / whatever until you get that revealed debuff, and then burst you down.
Of course I still don’t win against p/d, but then again, nobody does.

Good luck bursting through my 20k hp and over 3k armor lol, you’ll be lucky to half life me. That is if I actually just stand there and take your burst rather than juking back to my shadow return :-P

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

This is a good change that won’t impact good thieves, and only the bad ones that rely on chain stealthing (repeated CnD on PvE mobs, blackpowder/HS spam).

So tahts what I said, this wont impact GC zerker 1 combo kill builds ( which you are refering as to “skilled thiefs”), but will fk up stealth builds that relly on CnD or Black powder/hs combo to survive till their next opening who are completally skilless compared to google copied gc zerker 1 combo thiefs. Yea, thats about it.

Yah, this. This nerf only touches the skill based builds, but the gimmicky instagib crap remains the same.

They said they were going to re-work Mug as well. It probably will be replaced with the boon hate mechanic or turned into some sort of synergy instead of raw damage. It will be a nerf to that combo.

Then everyone just rolls a p/d (I certainly will), which is currently by far, the most broken build in the game.

It’s not that broken. Most of the time a P/D runs to mobs to chain C&D when they get in trouble. They will be hit by the reveal change harder than any other spec.

Don’t forget about + mobility and + boon hate. Thieves have the hardest time taking down heavy boon targets, with boon hate we will counter them. It’s just going to normalize us a bit instead of making us completely avoid bunker guards/eles and the like.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

*This stealth nerf is very welcome and in dire need for WvWvW. *

Logically the stealth nerf should affect all professions: mesmers, thieves and engineers alike. Yes, engineers also have several ways to gain stealth e.g. smoke combo fields (really difficult to pull in hectic combat), tossing elixir S gives small chance for stealth (it seems to give stability at least 66% of the time) and there is the cloaking device trait. So in reality the engineer stealth is more or less a gimmick, not really that reliable in combat situations. Of course any profession can gain cloaking using 6 runes superior runes of infiltration, but it has so long cooldown, so this nerf doesn’t effect it.

It would be huge exaggeration that thieves would be useless after this nerf. Thieves have probably the best blast finisher in the game: cluster bomb, amazing mobility and very solid dps. Some people say that thieves only have burst and lack in dps, I think there is something wrong with their build. What thieves lack is utility, which might be addressed in the next patch.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

*This stealth nerf is very welcome and in dire need for WvWvW. *

Logically the stealth nerf should affect all professions: mesmers, thieves and engineers alike. Yes, engineers also have several ways to gain stealth e.g. smoke combo fields (really difficult to pull in hectic combat), tossing elixir S gives small chance for stealth (it seems to give stability at least 66% of the time) and there is the cloaking device trait. So in reality the engineer stealth is more or less a gimmick, not really that reliable in combat situations. Of course any profession can gain cloaking using 6 runes superior runes of infiltration, but it has so long cooldown, so this nerf doesn’t effect it.

It would be huge exaggeration that thieves would be useless after this nerf. Thieves have probably the best blast finisher in the game: cluster bomb, amazing mobility and very solid dps. Some people say that thieves only have burst and lack in dps, I think there is something wrong with their build. What thieves lack is utility, which might be addressed in the next patch.

Actually, our utility in open field fights is CC, for those thieves actually using sword main hand. We can lock down fleeing opponents, or their support, preventing their escape/re-positioning.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

Eles can use mist form to stomp, engineers can go tiny and be completely untouchable to stomp, warriors and guardians can use stability to stomp. All of these are more powerful than invisible stomping.

Nor are they really comparable, on my engineer, yes I can use elixir S, on the other hand it is on 60 second cooldown, plus it is needed for defense so is often unvailable for a stomp.

Where as on my thief stealth is availble through several utlilites, even my heal and through things like C&D so is nearly available on demand, that is a huge difference.

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

Bads being dominated by thieves before nerfs, will be dominated by thieves after nerf. If not thieves, then the bads will turn their attention to some new class that aggravates them, because there always has to be a QQ class for bads.

Boys and girls this is one of those bad Thieves us good Thieves talk about. This Thief will disappear, while us good Thieves remain.

I havn’t used CnD for months, with Hide in Shadows being my only stealth, which I used not because of stealth, but because of the condition removal. I did absolutely fine, in fact, once I slotted other skills over stealth skills the class got better.

Learn to use your teleports to move around, and confuse your opponents, and you will do just fine. Unless a class requiring skill scares you.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is great. As someone who plays a Thief regularly and many other classes, too, I have always felt that builds that rely too heavily on being always stealthed serve as a crutch for the Thief community. There are so many other builds that don’t focus solely on Stealth that require much more planning, skill, and situational awareness and are just as (if not more) devastating. This change will make it so all Thieves who relied on that crutch must get better or get lost, and that’s awesome.

Thanks ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

This is a good change that won’t impact good thieves, and only the bad ones that rely on chain stealthing (repeated CnD on PvE mobs, blackpowder/HS spam).

So tahts what I said, this wont impact GC zerker 1 combo kill builds ( which you are refering as to “skilled thiefs”), but will fk up stealth builds that relly on CnD or Black powder/hs combo to survive till their next opening who are completally skilless compared to google copied gc zerker 1 combo thiefs. Yea, thats about it.

I would just like to point out that the perma stealth thief who fights groups of enemies is far more skilled than the guy who simply 1 shots 1-2 guys then hides and waits for all his cooldowns to come back.

Master of Timespace.2548

Yah, this. This nerf only touches the skill based builds, but the gimmicky instagib crap remains the same. This game is noob friendly beyond belief. I quess the carebears are better customers when it comes to the Item Mall

These replies are a prime example of how only bad thieves will complain about this stealth change. Such misinformed posts as above illustrates how bad players will do anything to protect their enjoyment of gimmicks.

(edited by Cirax.9231)

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Some people will have to learn to play and stop exploiting every side of a class finally. I guess we will no more see these “skilled” players they will be back on farmville where they will be able to farm something at least. haha…

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Yah, this. This nerf only touches the skill based builds, but the gimmicky instagib crap remains the same.

They said they were going to re-work Mug as well. It probably will be replaced with the boon hate mechanic or turned into some sort of synergy instead of raw damage. It will be a nerf to that combo.

Then everyone just rolls a p/d (I certainly will), which is currently by far, the most broken build in the game.

It’s not that broken. Most of the time a P/D runs to mobs to chain C&D when they get in trouble. They will be hit by the reveal change harder than any other spec.

Don’t forget about + mobility and + boon hate. Thieves have the hardest time taking down heavy boon targets, with boon hate we will counter them. It’s just going to normalize us a bit instead of making us completely avoid bunker guards/eles and the like.

I quess by heavy-boon builds you mean another broken build, d/d ele? But what do you mean by boon-hate?

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

I guess by boons you mean another broken build, d/d ele?

Yes (well, at least that’s what I understood from watching the SotG video). Although it will help a lot against Guardians too.

Edit: Oops I forgot to answer your question. They basically said something about being more effective against people with lots of boons. As well as giving mobility to weapons other than SB.

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

Glad the kittens are all happy about this. I wonder what the person who created/coded the thief thinks of all this.

You seem to forget the things that ANet can’t nerf. The power of conviction and the ability to adapt and overcome. Those that play thief are experts at it. Think of the thief as a sniper. The most feared and hated element on the battlefield.

I leave you with the first line of a sniper’s poem;
I am the hand of God. I deal in fate.

in WvW

Titan.3472

We love thieves new system. ^^

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

I’m all for any changes that weed out the weaker theives, ready for another FoTM class so the few good thieves can shine.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Farout.8207

Farout.8207

Think of the thief as a sniper. The most feared and hated element on the battlefield.

But snipers rely on hiding and not being seen. Come March 26th thieves won’t have the luxury of unlimited stealth any longer. It is long overdue in my opinion and I look forward to killing as many of you annoying F’ers as I can. The hunt is on!

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Glad the kittens are all happy about this. I wonder what the person who created/coded the thief thinks of all this.

You seem to forget the things that ANet can’t nerf. The power of conviction and the ability to adapt and overcome. Those that play thief are experts at it. Think of the thief as a sniper. The most feared and hated element on the battlefield.

I leave you with the first line of a sniper’s poem;
I am the hand of God. I deal in fate.

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic, but I definitely become an expert at WvW when I hop onto my thief. Instantly gain +5000 stat points to adaptability and skill at ‘overcoming’ stuff. But on any other class? Nope, not an expert after 400 hours of play. Not at all.

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Try 1200 hours on a single class, then get back to me :-P

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Stiv.1820

I quess by heavy-boon builds you mean another broken build, d/d ele? But what do you mean by boon-hate?

Boon hate is a new mechanic they are going to introduce to thieves and maybe warriors. An example would be a trait that you pick that does +X% damage per boon on your target. Perhaps something that even ignores protection. Basically turning thieves who spec for it into a pretty hard counter to boon bunkers (Ele’s/Guards).

Thieves will probably want to avoid drinking stolen Mesmer juice vs one another with this out there…

(edited by Stiv.1820)

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

MMMMM mesmer juice, goes so good with bacon and eggs.

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: IzyBizy.7561

IzyBizy.7561

Fixing culling is good way at wvw fights, whateva again players will crying about Thiefs … next nerf what will be expect ? MUG or HS is a shame to blame only thiefs on forum

p.s next update more buffs on warr/gurd

in WvW

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

Good news. Seeing way to man builds based off abusing culling. I’ve even done it myself.. Lol

in WvW

Titan.3472

Next change will be confusion stack will increase in duration and not in overal damages.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Bads being dominated by thieves before nerfs, will be dominated by thieves after nerf. If not thieves, then the bads will turn their attention to some new class that aggravates them, because there always has to be a QQ class for bads.

Boys and girls this is one of those bad Thieves us good Thieves talk about. This Thief will disappear, while us good Thieves remain.

I havn’t used CnD for months, with Hide in Shadows being my only stealth, which I used not because of stealth, but because of the condition removal. I did absolutely fine, in fact, once I slotted other skills over stealth skills the class got better.

Learn to use your teleports to move around, and confuse your opponents, and you will do just fine. Unless a class requiring skill scares you.

Did you actually read what I said and you responded to?

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

I find confusion (or any condition) a joke with so much condition clearing…..

~Shadowkat

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I don’t think this change will do anything to fighting a thief. The only thing its going to change it how a thief can perma stealth in keeps and what not. I spent some time last night trying to not stealth after the 3 sec debuff. TBH it didn’t change my game play much. More often then not I’m going to attack out of stealth so I’m getting the debuff anyways. The other times I use stealth to reset the fight by the time I leave stealth I have a good gap between me and my enemy so it will take them around 3 sec to get to me any ways.

I think it will be weird at first to get used to but for any thief that is some what good to great will have not issue with the change.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Bern.9613

Bern.9613

Farout.8207

But snipers rely on hiding and not being seen.

How little you know of the sniper. A sniper does not hide. They become one with the surrounding environment. They are highly trained, highly motivated individuals, who can sustain themselves for extended periods of time… etc

Sunflowers.1729

I’m not sure if you’re being sarcastic,

No sarcasm intended. Those that stick to thief have to be convicted and adaptive. There are no choices here. That’s why a lot start a thief and eventually delete it.

Sorry about the format. I have no idea how to quote other posts :-)

Edit: holska!! Thank you :-)

(edited by Bern.9613)

in WvW

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

You seem to forget the things that ANet can’t nerf. The power of conviction and the ability to adapt and overcome. Those that play thief are experts at it. .

Oh, Em Gee…

No, they aren’t, you see, every Tom, Kitten, and Harry that wanted to be a WvW “expert” picked the Thief because it is easymode. I’ll say it again, I have an 80 Thief that I quit becuase it’s facerollingly easymode.

There may be a “power of conviction” from a certain subset of the thief playerbase… But I’m here to tell you the overwhelming majority will kitten quit their thiefs when they find they don’t suddenly become Chuck Kitten Norris when they switch to that toon.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

On the bottom right side of every post there’s some action buttons, the most left one is a bent arrow pointed left.
Sometimes it doesn’t show up for some reason, in that case you can copy/paste the post you want to quote and enclose it between tags !quote=UsernameHere] and !/quote]
Note that I replaced the left [ with an ! because else you wouldn’t be able to read it because then I would’ve quote a user called UsernameHere

(edited by holska.4127)

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

You seem to forget the things that ANet can’t nerf. The power of conviction and the ability to adapt and overcome. Those that play thief are experts at it. .

Oh, Em Gee…

No, they aren’t, you see, every Tom, Kitten, and Harry that wanted to be a WvW “expert” picked the Thief because it is easymode. I’ll say it again, I have an 80 Thief that I quit becuase it’s facerollingly easymode.

There may be a “power of conviction” from a certain subset of the thief playerbase… But I’m here to tell you the overwhelming majority will kitten quit their thiefs when they find they don’t suddenly become Chuck Kitten Norris when they switch to that toon.

I love how you’re like thief is easymode. I quit that class because it is so easy to faceroll. But then proceed to roll 3 other OP classes; Guardian, Ele, and Mesmer.

in WvW

Musty.3148

Oh, Em Gee…

I love how you’re like thief is easymode. I quit that class because it is so easy to faceroll. But then proceed to roll 3 other OP classes; Guardian, Ele, and Mesmer.

Yeah, cause on opening day I knew what all the OP classes were…

The Thief was my 3rd toon of those.

And My warrior is 73 (in process), but I don’t like pet classes so no Ranger or Necro for me, don’t like the playstyle of the Engi… that leaves… oh wait.

EDIT: yeah, and if I happen to have 4 of the most OP classes and say that the Thief is WAAAAY worse than all the others, you should probably think I know how it really is. just sayin’.

Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in WvW

Musty.3148

On the bottom right side of every post there’s some action buttons, the most left one is a bent arrow pointed left.
Sometimes it doesn’t show up for some reason, in that case you can copy/paste the post you want to quote and enclose it between tags !quote=UsernameHere] and !/quote]
Note that I replaced the left [ with an ! because else you wouldn’t be able to read it because then I would’ve quote a user called UsernameHere

+1’d you for a helpful post on an interwebz forum!

Most of us are just here to argue, prove points, and/or troll lol

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Eles can use mist form to stomp, engineers can go tiny and be completely untouchable to stomp, warriors and guardians can use stability to stomp. All of these are more powerful than invisible stomping.

Nop. Stealth stomping is far superior:

All those abilities (i) block a utility slot and (ii) are on huge cooldowns whereas stealth is a perma repeatable weapon skill. In the same 75s an ele can stomp once with Mist Form a thief stomps a gazillion times out of stealth.

Guess what? All those professions rely on those utilities so you cannot just waste it for stomping. This is WvW, not a kind of 1vs1 sandbox.

Stealth stomping gets even worth in large scale battles. Its easy to see visible stomps even in a larger zerg so you can react to it. But its nearly impossible to recognize every thief stealthing for a stomp.

in WvW

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Oh, Em Gee…

And My warrior is 73 (in process), but I don’t like pet classes so no Ranger or Necro for me, don’t like the playstyle of the Engi… that leaves… oh wait.

EDIT: yeah, and if I happen to have 4 of the most OP classes and say that the Thief is WAAAAY worse than all the others, you should probably think I know how it really is. just sayin’.

I made that comment because you said you quit because thief is so easymode to faceroll. I assume you want to play a class that isn’t easymode and gives you a challenge. I just find it funny you only play OP classes and it contradict the point you’re trying to make. That’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I made that comment because you said you quit because thief is so easymode to faceroll. I assume you want to play a class that isn’t easymode and gives you a challenge. I just find it funny you only play OP classes and it contradict the point you’re trying to make. That’s all.

I think balance in this game is a far cry better than in most games and I do not think there is a single class in GW2 that isn’t OP in the proper hands.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Musty.3148

Oh, Em Gee…

Gotcha,

And I replied with my reasons for playing those classes. 1)Don’t like pet AI (NO game has gotten it right) and 2)I just can’t seem to enjoy the Engi (but I did try to). That leaves only the other classes I have played.

You are a staunch (to say the very least) supporter of the thief class so i expect you to say whatever you can to invalidate the claims of others, I get it, honest, I do.

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

If this actually happens, I will enjoy every single sweet delicious tear of every thief thought they were “skilled”.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

Ironically, this won’t do a thing to address the much QQ’ed about D/P ‘permastealth’ build as it never needs to exit stealth.

It will do a lot to the D/P build because the strength of the build comes from either landing the backstab, or failing that having your initiative regenerate enough to enter stealth again. With this new change, not landing your backstab will still net you the revealed debuff, with no option to stealth again. The problem with D/P isn’t that it can stay in stealth forever, it’s that it can just keep stealthing over and over again. This kind of solves that problem.

Although of course it hits the silly CnD spammers most.

This wasn’t my experience when trying the build. Landing a hit from stealth isn’t the hard part, it’s landing BS in the BACK for the bonus damage that’s the tricky part (at least for me, and against a not-clueless opponent that knows they need to be facing you).

Though not my style, I found the strengths of the D/P build in having unconditional stealth that can be refreshed while still in stealth (hence bypassing the nerf) and also having a long duration pulse-blind field that counters any melee attacks before re-stealthing. The only difference is there will be tighter timing involved in staying stealth which shouldn’t affect any good players. In the event you do exit stealth you have a pulsing blind that will be protecting you until you’re ready to reenter stealth.

Maybe I’m just good at timing (which makes it easy to fight against thieves as well) but I don’t see how D/P thief will be affected.

Nope d/p won’t be effected. that will be the standard thief build now. With thief buffs it will get even stronger

in WvW

Stiv.1820

If this actually happens, I will enjoy every single sweet delicious tear of every thief thought they were “skilled”.

This won’t help the Thief QQers at all. They are still going to die horrible deaths in front of their zergling friends and QQ for more nerfs. Don’t you worry.

in WvW

Posted by: Edeor.9720

Edeor.9720

As far as thief goes, the people who die to the GC backstabber will still die because you are not good player. If you could not avoid the burst before this nerf it wont matter after. Keep telling yourself its culling, its not.

I always found this argument hilarious. The burst damage of a thief (steal + backstap) is almost impossible to avoid, and the only real way to resist is to have a lot of life and armor. The only thing that you can avoid (and it takes skill) is the simple backstap.

Die as a result of the damage taken from the first backstap is not a question of skill, and those who say this, simply don’t know how to use a class that is not hidden 60% of the time.

Now, I can easly beat thieves, but:

1) I use a bunker build, and even with 3000 toughness some zerk thieves can hit me for 10/12.000;
2) I can’t make errors;
3) many (50%?) thieves are really noobs;
4) when I say beat, I don’t mean kill (kill a skilled thief is just impossibile unless he make an error).

So yes, I would say that restrict the problem to the culling is rather simplistic.

Kareha Silverwind – mesmer of Clan McBenwick (Gunnar’s Hold)

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Sorry to say it but this change will do nothing for people complaining about stealth in WvW. (I can’t speak for sPvP as my experience is very limited) All I see happening is if you miss a attack out of stealth and have to wait 3 seconds or stealth running around out of combat. This doesn’t change anything involving a fight with a thief. The only difference is they will want to be more aggressive to make use of stealth rather then wasting the debuff with out a attack or put bigger gaps between you and them so the debuff drops before you reengage.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Farout.8207

Farout.8207

But snipers rely on hiding and not being seen.

How little you know of the sniper. A sniper does not hide. They become one with the surrounding environment. They are highly trained, highly motivated individuals, who can sustain themselves for extended periods of time… etc

I am actually retired Army so I do know a little about the military and the various tactics that are employed. I would personally consider putting on a ghillie suit so the sniper can “become one with the surrounding environment” to be a form of hiding but you sure set me straight. You are obviously the expert on all things sniper.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Will classes with Invulnerability become vulnerable (debuff)?

I wonder..

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Vile.5678

Vile.5678

I feel like the title should have read: “That stealth nerf you’ve all been culling for”

Warrior – Whrawl
Thief – Radderic
Mesmer – Smash Kablooey

in WvW

Titan.3472

Btw 4sec cooldown is enough to kill a berzerker thief (they will have to play on their “skill” to last longer now, no more “I-Win button”) :p

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Good change, stacking isn’t being changed so you may see veil → mass invis taking the place of veil veil, but it will not keep everyone in stealth so it is a change for the better. I’m a little concerned about beams though… apparently confusion mesmer isn’t strong enough in wvw so lets make confusing images kitten more people

For the thief it will be painful at the start until they throw in the mobility on non sb weapons. It won’t be the end of the world… thief will still do fine, but there will be some growing pains. Granted the culling alone is a big change for thief.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in WvW

Stiv.1820

I’m pretty sure reveal never kicks on for Mesmer abilities at all. I’ve never noticed it on mine at least. I play both Mesmer and Thief. So unless they add it to Mesmer, nothing with change with their stuff.

edit: nevermind, confirmed Mesmers also currently use same reveled mechanic so they will be effected.

(edited by Stiv.1820)

in WvW

Farout.8207

Btw 4sec cooldown is enough to kill a berzerker thief (they will have to play on their “skill” to last longer now, no more “I-Win button”) :p

Yeah I imagine we will see fewer full glass cannon thieves which I fully welcome. It is completely ridiculous to be hit with an over 10k backstab from an invisible enemy on a fully knight geared warrior. At least now I have 4 seconds afterwards to smash them with my hammer.

~ Cleetus

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Ok so after watching that video… I’ll be happy if thieves really do become the slipperiest class in the game. I don’t really care much about the revealed debuff thing. My worry though… in the transition period there will probably be periods of time where thief is OP and other times it’s UP. I also do agree that they should have fixed culling first, then made changes after they’re able to see the effect of that.

I’m more surprised that when the player is telling them things like “don’t you think that’s OP” in regards to the mesmer changes they kinda looked at each other and seemingly realized “hey… yea… that is kinda OP…”

Same with the comment about eles being so hard to kill 1v1. They just sort of shrugged at that one -.-

Also while guardians are boon centric warriors… other classes can stack more boons for longer than the guardian… which makes little sense to me. Also they said nothing about fixing the long standing problem with guardians having no good long ranged weapon… (if you say scepter I’m gonna laugh)

Eng is getting a turrett buff… whoopiee -.-

I guess I’ll wait and see what they do though… but watching that interview did not inspire any confidence. Thank god for my alts…

New ideas are cool and all… but fixes and balance should come first.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa