Tier 1 EU needs assistance ArenaNet.

in WvW

Posted by: Air.3154

Air.3154

Viz going to take the blame for the death of EU T1 yet?

…or are the opponents to take the blame of not being strong enough, maybe?

God knows…. best would be to find a solution, not to blame, no?

Not at all, in peak times weekends/6-9pm Vizu are usually behind Deso or SFR but then you come back in the morning and Vizu have almost every tower/keep it’s a EU server so why do you have nightcappers which outnumber SFR and Deso night time players combined…

Vizu also create lag in almost every battle they enter these days its just pathetic.

Well let me be more precise then… why do opponents not have recruited enough nightshifts to defend/attack Vizunah better?

We hve to be up for work, fmily etc.. and no.. that is not meanig VS players don;t have these concerns… But more importantly Deso plays to have fun, no one wants to stay on at night. Personally i have been doing 6pm-3-5am shifts for the last few months, and it just takes it out of people.. This leaves the only option left which is try and bring NA guilds onto the server to have some presence at night, and everytime that has happened we get the usual VS moaning about it. Now with the current state of T1 no guild.. NOT A SINGLE ONE ANYWHERE, will come to T1. VS is a product of it’s own success. By being so unwilling to compromise, so unwilling to even listen to the other 26 servers in this region, you hav eturned yourselves into server that is undoubtedly the best at winning, but what has it got you.. tier that no one wants to even play in, and although I would never accuse you of destroying this game singlehandedly, you certainly have not helped it in any way, shape, or form.

/ topic more or less.

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

We are trying to do some things to make the matchups move around more and should have more detailed information in the near future. However, one thing to remember is that if there is one server that is defeating everyone so handily, changing the matchup is just going to let that server beat up on different people. Which is probably better, so long as those people don’t get stuck there too. Regardless, we know this is a problem and we are working on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it. There are simple temporary solutions like winner goes up, loser goes down that will prevent servers from getting stuck in tiers though. I hope this is a solution you have considered using, atleast while tiers are getting balanced out again after the exodus. It would be much appreciated.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

We are trying to do some things to make the matchups move around more and should have more detailed information in the near future. However, one thing to remember is that if there is one server that is defeating everyone so handily, changing the matchup is just going to let that server beat up on different people. Which is probably better, so long as those people don’t get stuck there too. Regardless, we know this is a problem and we are working on it.

Thanks a lot T1 EU has been like this for far too long and it’s certainly not getting any better because of Viz.

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

Thank you the response.

Let me address your concern there. It is not the fact that a server dominates so handily, it is the fact it happens for weeks on end, and the Glicko system you use does not allow for shifts in population like we are seeing happen in T1 fast enough. A simple 1up 1 down system would, I believe suit everyone, in any tier, in any region, and definately avoid any stale matchups as servers would be more mobile.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Air.3154

You know that also, the problem of the server defeating everyone so handily will kill the competition in wvwvw right?
I honestly don’t care much as long as we avoid having static and stinking match ups like in t1 atm, just wanna point out that if vizunah doesn’t change, every match up they will have will be something like “oh it’s vizunah who cares let’s skip this week”.
[again no offense to any of the viz players around the forum and stuff eh]
It’s happening already on both deso and sfr, and seems to be the “common” opinion around ( correct me if i’m mistaken).

But yeah thanks for the answer, it’s nice to know you’re at least reading of the issue

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Not at all, in peak times weekends/6-9pm Vizu are usually behind Deso or SFR but then you come back in the morning and Vizu have almost every tower/keep it’s a EU server so why do you have nightcappers which outnumber SFR and Deso night time players combined…

Vizu also create lag in almost every battle they enter these days its just pathetic.

Well let me be more precise then… why do opponents not have recruited enough nightshifts to defend/attack Vizunah better?

You’re a very funny person, you know that?

At the moment, it’s simple as that – they have done so, and people don’t want to fight Vizunah anymore because the majority of the server does not offer a fun opponent to fight against, and there’s no reason to be nr 1.

I was on Blacktide before, we dominated, we got bored, we quit the game (I was on a break for 2 months), there was nobody who could compete with us and apart from going “Well, we’re the best, nobody can beat us” there was no reason for people to continue working towards that.
It simply wasn’t interesting or fun after a while.
The way up was awesome fun, staying there after people realised the domination… zzzzzzzz.

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Hint for the future:
Not messing with other 2 servers in the tier might help, btw.

;)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Lara Croft.5807

Lara Croft.5807

We have to be up for work, family etc.. and no.. that is not meaning VS players don’t have these concerns… But more importantly, Deso plays to have fun, no one wants to stay on at night. Personally i have been doing 6pm-3-5am shifts for the last few months, and it just takes it out of people.. This leaves the only option left which is try and bring NA guilds onto the server to have some presence at night, and everytime that has happened we get the usual VS moaning about it. Now with the current state of T1 no guild.. NOT A SINGLE ONE ANYWHERE, will come to T1. VS is a product of it’s own success. By being so unwilling to compromise, so unwilling to even listen to the other 26 servers in this region, you have turned yourselves into server that is undoubtedly the best at winning, but what has it got you.. a tier that no one wants to even play in, and although I would never accuse you of destroying this game singlehandedly, you certainly have not helped it in any way, shape, or form.

As I heard IRON left partionally to NA server… maybe convince some guild overthere the necessity of having a nightshift on EU server…. know exactly what you are talking about, but hey, every server, every guild even every single player can do what they want – I would never blame Vizunah for their “style” to win a matchup…

What compromises did you expect on a battlefield? Just wondering… smaller groups? even worse! then you flood various points instead of having a big clusterzerg on one point of the map… so honestly what kind of compromise do you expect from an enemy server…. not to run nightshifts just because you want to go to bed at reasonable time? Again: if opponent servers in T1 would organise nightcapping troups from NA Vizunah had nothing to laugh … but now you gave up… lets see how maybe Elona will deal with that in in the future without facing a big amount of players with burnout…

There is only one way you can beat them, beat them with their own weapons and adapt to their way to win or die…. feel sorry for that situation in T1 but VS cant be blamed really for this.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Thank you the response.

Let me address your concern there. It is not the fact that a server dominates so handily, it is the fact it happens for weeks on end, and the Glicko system you use does not allow for shifts in population like we are seeing happen in T1 fast enough. A simple 1up 1 down system would, I believe suit everyone, in any tier, in any region, and definately avoid any stale matchups as servers would be more mobile.

Without going into specifics as we are still testing out some of the changes, we are looking to address the problems with our implementation of Glicko, especially the fact that matchups are not varying enough to provide accurate ranking data.

in WvW

Lelith.2916

Agin.. you fail to grasp the basic principle of what a blob brings with it.. inherited skill lag, how much fun do you have running round spamming 1 all the time.

In smaller groups, sure.. you will have people all over the map, but guess what, smaller groups don’t create lag.. smaller groups also mean you have to be more tactical with the deployment of your forces... ie. do i hit hills with everyone or do i leave half behind in case it gets attacked and go with the rest of the group.. tactics = smaller groups that are more mobile and allows more flexibilty to an overall plan insted of just running round a map clockwise capping everything along the way.

in WvW

Lelith.2916

Thank you the response.

Without going into specifics as we are still testing out some of the changes, we are looking to address the problems with our implementation of Glicko, especially the fact that matchups are not varying enough to provide accurate ranking data.

Seriously, scrap it... it doesn’t work. League system or 1up 1down will please everyone

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.5789

Rigel.5789

Thank you the response.

Is there any plan for any temporary solution while you are working on this? If not is there any ETA or an approximation of when we will see any changes? Our servers are still losing players as we speak, and we of course would like to bring back some good news to give people hope again.

Narai [VoTF] | Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Thank you the response.

Is there any plan for any temporary solution while you are working on this? If not is there any ETA or an approximation of when we will see any changes? Our servers are still losing players as we speak, and we of course would like to bring back some good news to give people hope again.

The things we are working in should be going live in the next few weeks, if all goes well on the testing front. Thus temporary solutions are not worth the time they would take. I can’t give a definite timeline, because things can change, but hopefully you will see changes by the end of the month.

in WvW

Posted by: Lara Croft.5807

Lara Croft.5807

Agin.. you fail to grasp the basic principle of what a blob brings with it.. inherited skill lag, how much fun do you have running round spamming 1 all the time.

Agin.. you fail to grasp the basic principle of what a blob brings with it.. inherited skill lag, how much fun do you have running round spamming 1 all the time.In smaller groups, sure.. you will have people all over the map, but guess what, smaller groups don’t create lag.. smaller groups also mean you have to be more tactical with the deployment of your forces… ie. do i hit hills with everyone or do i leave half behind in case it gets attacked and go with the rest of the group.. tactics = smaller groups that are more mobile and allows more flexibilty to an overall plan insted of just running round a map clockwise capping everything along the way.

Sorry but now you talk not anymore about night capping is the problem with Vizunah it is rather all the lags upcoming which you can’t deal with when VS zerg shows up… different story again… AC’s the solution, btw. even in open field battle atm.

Lag situation is not a T1 problem you face that down to T6 with zergs…

And not to run for No1 in T1 of EU ladder is a good reason to transfer to lower tier…whether they like that idea there is another story
So if you do not want to aim for No1 then discussion becomes obsolete…just hop with your guild to another server and leave the remaining guys with sorting out how to beat VS… again this is still not a reason to blame VS …
And now I stop playing devils advocate… xD

in WvW

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

...or are the opponents to take the blame of not being strong enough, maybe?

God knows.... best would be to find a solution, not to blame, no?

Everyone go blame Anet §§

By the way, on a more serious note, i’m a little shocked to see there has never ever been any kind of official statement about the state of the game in EU T1 / rating systeme broken, etc.
Even a "we don’t care, we set the rules, deal with it"-kind of statement.
I made a thread a week or two ago asking for the logs on T1, lenght of the queue, number of players on the maps on a given week ... no answer although it has been done on US T1.
I feel abandoned by Arenanet at the moment

Edit : ok, now i look stupid, i REALLY should have read that last page before posting

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

(edited by Witzard.6829)

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Thank you the response.

The things we are working in should be going live in the next few weeks, if all goes well on the testing front. Thus temporary solutions are not worth the time they would take. I can’t give a definite timeline, because things can change, but hopefully you will see changes by the end of the month.

What I find strange with the Glicko thing is that you can win your match yet lose points overall because your win wasn’t as “macho” as the prior week. It’s a very odd system.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Braindrops.6428

Braindrops.6428

We have to be up for work, family etc.. and no.. that is not meaning VS players don’t have these concerns… But more importantly, Deso plays to have fun, no one wants to stay on at night. Personally i have been doing 6pm-3-5am shifts for the last few months, and it just takes it out of people.. This leaves the only option left which is try and bring NA guilds onto the server to have some presence at night, and everytime that has happened we get the usual VS moaning about it. Now with the current state of T1 no guild.. NOT A SINGLE ONE ANYWHERE, will come to T1. VS is a product of it’s own success. By being so unwilling to compromise, so unwilling to even listen to the other 26 servers in this region, you have turned yourselves into server that is undoubtedly the best at winning, but what has it got you.. a tier that no one wants to even play in, and although I would never accuse you of destroying this game singlehandedly, you certainly have not helped it in any way, shape, or form.

As I heard IRON left partionally to NA server… maybe convince some guild overthere the necessity of having a nightshift on EU server…. know exactly what you are talking about, but hey, every server, every guild even every single player can do what they want – I would never blame Vizunah for their “style” to win a matchup…

What compromises did you expect on a battlefield? Just wondering… smaller groups? even worse! then you flood various points instead of having a big clusterzerg on one point of the map… so honestly what kind of compromise do you expect from an enemy server…. not to run nightshifts just because you want to go to bed at reasonable time? Again: if opponent servers in T1 would organise nightcapping troups from NA Vizunah had nothing to laugh … but now you gave up… lets see how maybe Elona will deal with that in in the future without facing a big amount of players with burnout…

There is only one way you can beat them, beat them with their own weapons and adapt to their way to win or die…. feel sorry for that situation in T1 but VS cant be blamed really for this.

U simply fail to understand that ppl don’t want to play like them. Ppl just want to leave them play their game and have a good fight with someone else. And if a server accidentally reaches t1, there must be the option to go on vacation for a week and go down a tier as soon as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Hopefully the new glicko system would prevent stagnations of tiers. I really wouldn’t mind a quick change of matchups for winners/losers because imo stagnation is worse than getting beaten by a stronger server for 1 week.

in WvW

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Everyone go blame Anet §§

And rightfully so. It was them who decided to go for the glicko system and it was them who designed WvW in such a way that capping everything at night and bunkering during the day is the most effective playstyle by far.

For all its failings even Warhammer Online had some measures in place to prevent that.

in WvW

Posted by: Witzard.6829

Witzard.6829

For all its failings even Warhammer Online had some measures in place to prevent that.

Such as ? I’m curious, i’ve never played WO …

Ghosts of Liberty [GHO]
Vizunah Square

in WvW

Posted by: Qwixx.5923

Qwixx.5923

If you really want it, I think it’s do-able to find the exact dates of everything, maybe build a graph, and you’ll see that the flow of events is coincidental.

I very well remember that week. People on VS were quite depressed, we saw that Anet opened the free transfers to SFR which was expected to be even worse for us (we were expecting to see an even higher coverage from both Deso and SFR, while we were already failing to win at night & morning). And nearly all the commanders were on their knees. Actually, at that time, the “new” Vizunians (LNM, among others) did a huge contribution but they were starting to burn as well.

Troma saw this and did a last of the last CTA. I think it was supposed to be the last one like “hey we did what we could but it’s the end”. I really was thinking it was desperate. I think part of the purpose was to be able to have a basis on which we would re-build. With the “we never give up” spirit.

We were no aware SFR was actually having problems with pugs instead of being reinforced by them. There were some rumors (basically the posts on the official thread), but I was thinking (and many with me) that it was some kind of strange propaganda.

Intention was to save VS, nothing more, nothing less, and I was thinking it was a lost cause.

I swear, as well, that it was my perspective.

As for the present situation, /sigh…

I would also add that the week before the CTA we were outnumbered on every map from the reset, every night of this week our multimap did not exceed 10 players against SFR/Deso zergblob.

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

And like i told GC early and on forum, this was my last CTA. Ever.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

in WvW

Posted by: Ilirya Shan.5489

Ilirya Shan.5489

Such as ? I’m curious, i’ve never played WO …

I’m not sure if he’s talking about the “against all odds” buff, granting renown/influence for the faction dominated.

in WvW

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

I would also add that the week before the CTA we were outnumbered on every map from the reset, every night of this week our multimap did not exceed 10 players against SFR/Deso zergblob.

You do know thats pretty much what viz has been doing since the start? But I should know better than to argue with the number 1 vizutroll.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I don’t remember that, why would it be your last one?

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Lelith.2916

And not to run for No1 in T1 of EU ladder is a good reason to transfer to lower tier…whether they like that idea there is another story
So if you do not want to aim for No1 then discussion becomes obsolete…just hop with your guild to another server and leave the remaining guys with sorting out how to beat VS… again this is still not a reason to blame VS …

You being from VS and all I guess I know the answer already.. Have you ever played on a lower tier.. say for instance around T5-6?

I have friends on servers in most tiers and what they call a blob is 30 people. Most of the time it is small guild groups as in 10-15 man guild groups going round each doing their own thing.

Night capping is a coverage issue, we can’t help when people can play, we expect it when fighting VS to be honest. We have a small night force sure, but nothing like VS.

As for moving with my guild to a lower tier, well thanks but what does that do? Sure fixes our issue temporarily, but just moves it to someone else and affects other people, as well as that, there is such a thing as server loyalty, we started on Deso, we fought on Deso and we will stay on Deso, every member in my guild feels the same.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Thank you the response.

That’s good to know. Ideally at least 1 server should be moving every single week in a tier.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Here was the post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Vizunah-Desolation-Seafarer-2-03-T1-EU/page/79#post1847145

The last words. Why, hmm because i used a lot of time and energy and i’m feeling a little empty, because solving internal dramas and keeping things alright drain “irl mana” too. I’m currently doing a big break. Add the sadness caused by TS attack, flaming and the most important thing, the lack of love given by anet concerning WvW.

In some months/years i will really regret that they never really understood us, our demands, and what the WvW could become…

It could be a real blast with leaderboards for players, guilds, bigger maps, without aoe cap and other things… but they are too much in other directions… their lack of a PvP player vision and lucidity concerning our true problems (except for the culling they worked very well) has killed slowly what could be the greatest RvR game.

Ah, what a waste my friends.

Arenanet, if you read us, you have the power to change RvR to be better. But it will soon be too late… everyone knows it. Moving and stoping guilds, and the mass of Guild Masters talking of stopping the game in private chat or messages is a strong sign. Even my old friends War Legend (WL) stopped gw2 today.

If i were them, i would open a public post by a dev and ask 5 top priorities for the community. Then i would take the 5 first that come repeatly (like removing aoe caps and bigger maps to force zergs split for example) and make it in order.

I think you under estimate a lot the diamond you made and failed to polish it, instead you made some random hit of hammer on it.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I would suggest a roughly 50% discount on transfers when moving to a server that’s lower in the placement from your own.

For instance: JQ transfers to Mag would only cost 800 gems. I say 800, because that’s an even $10 purchase.

This would encourage auto-balancing.

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

+1 to troma also Anet your losing ppls.

I know several personal friends that left this game because Anet didn’t work on WvW.

jesus Christ Anet A LOT ppls didn’t join this game to explore they joined this game and so many guilds joined this game because of one reason

WORLD VS WORLD.

your losing ppls if you want to have a game then bloody think what you should focus on. pve is fail ppls get lvl 80 easy do the 100% then done. I see in the near future if you continue this way that all good guilds will leave this game and there will be only blobbing and no skilled fights. I see ppls try to get 100% explore get the legendary take a screenshot and leave the game.

nice game!

wake up get the game sorted out.

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

What you should consider is why exactly 1 server is able to beat the rest by such a margin as that points to some extreme balance flaws in your entire wvw design. Then again, we have only been saying this since game launch, so dont you worry about it… until we all quit, then I am sure you will start giving it some thought.

GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Here was the post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Vizunah-Desolation-Seafarer-2-03-T1-EU/page/79#post1847145

The last words. Why, hmm because i used a lot of time and energy and i’m feeling a little empty, because solving internal dramas and keeping things alright drain “irl mana” too. I’m currently doing a big break. Add the sadness caused by TS attack, flaming and the most important thing, the lack of love given by anet concerning WvW.

In some months/years i will really regret that they never really understood us, our demands, and what the WvW could become…

It could be a real blast with leaderboards for players, guilds, bigger maps, without aoe cap and other things… but they are too much in other directions… their lack of a PvP player vision and lucidity concerning our true problems (except for the culling they worked very well) has killed slowly what could be the greatest RvR game.

Ah, what a waste my friends.

Arenanet, if you read us, you have the power to change RvR to be better. But it will soon be too late… everyone knows it. Moving and stoping guilds, and the mass of Guild Masters talking of stopping the game in private chat or messages is a strong sign. Even my old friends War Legend (WL) stopped gw2 today.

If i were them, i would open a public post by a dev and ask 5 top priorities for the community. Then i would take the 5 first that come repeatly (like removing aoe caps and bigger maps to force zergs split for example) and make it in order.

I think you under estimate a lot the diamond you made and failed to polish it, instead you made some random hit of hammer on it.

Wow, that is very very sad. After IRON there is now another great guild to leave. We had some epic fun fighting WL. They were really good. If any tag ever impressed me from Vizu it was theirs. Hunting eachother in EB and jumping on eachother was awesome. It was stressful and fun.

Never going to forget the floating banners either, live theorycrafting on a stream can lead to some very funny conclusions.

Troma, I hope you really are just taking a break. This game has lost too many good players and icons of WvW already. It cannot afford anymore. This goes for WL as well of course.

7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I am exceptionally saddened by WL leaving GW2.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

It just take them too long to keep people interested in WvW, it had such a great potential but for months in a row we see no new content.

I agree, it was a great time in WvW all these months and the great epic fights, but after a while it just keeps getting the same, especially in T1 with the skill lag in keeps when 3 servers compete for it, the skills just don’t work and that is happening month after month.

I believe its too late now to get these people back, I myself do like PVE and dungeons too and GW2 is the best on the market who can make these, and I still have fun doing them but I understand the PVP open world community is tired of the same matches and just lost the fun.

If I can give Anet one advise is rather to release monthly a small update for WvW, consider of working hard and release new map and a better scoring system when u guys feel comfortable with it.

And ofcourse a server ranking system based on the WvW population. But tell us the WvW community your really stepping it up.

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

in WvW

Lelith.2916

Another nail in the coffin for GW2, as yet another guild quits. I never really fought WL but I know of them by reputation and saw them in action a few times. You will be sadly missed I am certain.

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Sad to hear WL are leaving, had fun fighting you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

As for moving with my guild to a lower tier, well thanks but what does that do? Sure fixes our issue temporarily, but just moves it to someone else and affects other people, as well as that, there is such a thing as server loyalty, we started on Deso, we fought on Deso and we will stay on Deso, every member in my guild feels the same.

Big respect to you guys for this attitude and hope changes are made that entice you to come back to GW2.

in WvW

Lelith.2916

Big respect to you guys for this attitude and hope changes are made that entice you to come back to GW2.

We never left :P My guys and gals are in there everyday fighting and battling as best they can, trying to find that little thing that wll make it worthwhile. Sure, we are going to drop, we need to drop in order to rebuild and sadly T1 just isn’t the place for that, but no reason we can’t have some fun while doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

gg Anet for acting when it’s already too late, now that most serious and dedicated WvWer already left

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Spike.1526

Spike.1526

Is there any official anouncement about WL quitting?

SFR – [Opt]
Sycaria – lvl 80 Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I would suggest a roughly 50% discount on transfers when moving to a server that’s lower in the placement from your own.

For instance: JQ transfers to Mag would only cost 800 gems. I say 800, because that’s an even $10 purchase.

NO!!!! We moved to RoS because SFR got flooded by bandwagon pugs who would not listen in WvW, stand around afk, do the jp and map points during prime time, and generally increased ques while doing nothing beneficial for the server. Free transfers killed SFR… so please NO MORE FREE TRANSFERS… or even half price ones – unless it is to Vabbi where half of those pugs belong.

The last thing we want is the same people jumping ship and spoiling the servers we are currently helping to build. A few people and guilds here and there, great. But a whole mass jumping at once will just create the same problems that hit SFR elsewhere.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Air.3154

NO!!!! We moved to RoS because SFR got flooded by bandwagon pugs who would not listen in WvW, stand around afk, do the jp and map points during prime time, and generally increased ques while doing nothing beneficial for the server. Free transfers killed SFR… so please NO MORE FREE TRANSFERS… or even half price ones – unless it is to Vabbi where half of those pugs belong.

The last thing we want is the same people jumping ship and spoiling the servers we are currently helping to build. A few people and guilds here and there, great. But a whole mass jumping at once will just create the same problems that hit SFR elsewhere.

Dude along with anet YOU guys killed the server by leaving there to rot instead of moving your kitten to try and do something, so shut the kitten up please -.-

in WvW

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Agin.. you fail to grasp the basic principle of what a blob brings with it.. inherited skill lag, how much fun do you have running round spamming 1 all the time.In smaller groups, sure.. you will have people all over the map, but guess what, smaller groups don’t create lag.. smaller groups also mean you have to be more tactical with the deployment of your forces… ie. do i hit hills with everyone or do i leave half behind in case it gets attacked and go with the rest of the group.. tactics = smaller groups that are more mobile and allows more flexibilty to an overall plan insted of just running round a map clockwise capping everything along the way.

Sorry but now you talk not anymore about night capping is the problem with Vizunah it is rather all the lags upcoming which you can’t deal with when VS zerg shows up… different story again… AC’s the solution, btw. even in open field battle atm.

You don’t get hardly anywhere near the same amount of skill lag further down the tiers. And what is the point of playing the game if you can’t actually play it because of lag?

And VS tactics were 100% to blame for the situation. I was there when they changed their tactics because before the blob… VS and Deso ran away when they saw us coming… first they ran from RG… then they started to run from ZDs, VcY and RiOT/EXT. Even when blobbing they could only beat us when they had sufficient numbers to cause enough lag that prevented the use of any skills whatsoever…

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in WvW

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Dude along with anet YOU guys killed the server by leaving there to rot instead of moving your kitten to try and do something, so shut the kitten up please -.-

WOW… says a lot about SFR if the move of VcY and RiOT were the cause of it losing to Viz. Are you suggesting that these two guilds were the sole reason SFR was winning T1? Are you not forgetting that RG, OSC, and WT(FIRE) all left before we moved. Your post shows great disrespect to ZDs too… who I (and many others) considered to be one of the best WvW guilds on SFR.

We moved because the skill lag was a joke. When you get beat in a 1v1 because you are unable to use any skills because a blob is fighting on the opposite side of the map (not near you)… then you have two choices… either quit playing or move servers.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

All you need to do is not play, let them completely destroy you with perfect WvW score and you’ll be guaranteed to get knocked down to lower tier.

in WvW

Air.3154

WOW… says a lot about SFR if the move of VcY and RiOT were the cause of it losing to Viz. Are you suggesting that these two guilds were the sole reason SFR was winning T1? Are you not forgetting that RG, OSC, and WT(FIRE) all left before we moved. Your post shows great disrespect to ZDs too… who I (and many others) considered to be one of the best WvW guilds on SFR.

We moved because the skill lag was a joke. When you get beat in a 1v1 because you are unable to use any skills because a blob is fighting on the opposite side of the map (not near you)… then you have two choices… either quit playing or move servers.

I am referring to ALL the guild that just left the server to rot. It’s disripectfull for anyone that enjoyed helping getting to the top, fighting to be on the top and then, cuz a mistake (a big one, and like MOST of the blame lies there) from anet ruined the server. It wasn’t beyond salvage, all it took was maybe a little bit of more effort and time, instead i’ve seen people threatening pugs to leave the borderlands to make guildies come and other kind of crap, some tried to help other kept kittening around cuz of the new guys instead of actually doing anything.
I know that playing with lag it’s frustrating, but i don’t know it just feels like a cheap move to leave the server you fought for in the climb to the top.

Try to take the part of the guys that actually stayed on the server, it was just a massive kittenslap seeyin all those guids move and abandon the rest after getting us stuck in t1.

I’ve been a bit too harsh with words, but trust me it’s frustrating seeying so many just abandon you on the road of vizunah’s steamrolling.

in WvW

Posted by: Big Boss.7902

Big Boss.7902

Lots of good points, but please if you’re looking to change things in wvw please make charater rankings account bound, just merge what we have already accumulated. Thats why you give 5 char slots, that’s why it’s easy to get exotics that’s why it’s easy to level up so we can swap and change it up a bit.

It would help remove some of the stagnation for people if they knew they could use what ever character they felt like at that moment to play wvw and still work on their rank. It’s the same person behind the computer screen; they know how to scout, how to direct people how to defend etc.

WvW needs a lot of updates in the next few months to keep people interested.

M Norn War Thror McCaw| F Norn Ele Lana Lan| M Charr Guard True Devil| F Norn Rang Shora
Swift| M Norn Mes Ludicrous Larry| F Norn War Tanni Wolfmaster| M Sylvari Necro Orin Storm|
M Human Thief Clint Elmwood| M Norn Guard Thor Lightning God| Desolation.

in WvW

Posted by: pcpsong.3850

pcpsong.3850

Some sort of comment from ANet would be a miracle. They invite the ‘best’ sPvP players to consult on the state of sPvP why have they never consulted the ‘best’ WvWvW guilds?

Instead they make arrow carts flavour of the month, that’s a new one….

Song – Mesmer
[VcY] Velocity – www.velocityeugaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Kebab.4013

Kebab.4013

Don’t worry, Devon has stated they have plans in motion fixing this issue.

Just like they fixed siege and zerging.

HEYOOO!