Tier 2: DB/TC/FA 05/03/2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Also would like to apologize to the [PRO] ( I think it was PRO) Ranger that bowed to me last night at Titan in DB BL. I totally would of loved to fight you but you caught me eating dinner while I was getting that last vista I needed near Titan, so it was a one handed dash to the portal hahahaha.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Also would like to apologize to the [PRO] ( I think it was PRO) Ranger that bowed to me last night at Titan in DB BL. I totally would of loved to fight you but you caught me eating dinner while I was getting that last vista I needed near Titan, so it was a one handed dash to the portal hahahaha.

Ooph, wish I could say I knew who that was, so I could pass it along. :o

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Quick! to the warchest TC!

I think I may like you Loken.

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Posted by: WIGZ.8245

WIGZ.8245

That seems to be the trend. NNK is big enough to do what they want at night which means the other two servers are at a disadvantage.

With a little more challenge to them, this tier might be a lot closer.

Not complaining, just observing.

That’s funny, because every night I see FA attacking TC and running scared from DB.

The only way this matchup will have any resemblance of balance is if FA get over their petty obsession with beating TC, and try to fight DB.

lol… this statement… wow, what crack are you smoking?

Otherwise, anybody have a score update while reality is happening?

[BT] Wigz – Blackgate – 80 Engineer & Warrior
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

in Match-ups

BLKNovember.5620

That seems to be the trend. NNK is big enough to do what they want at night which means the other two servers are at a disadvantage.

With a little more challenge to them, this tier might be a lot closer.

Not complaining, just observing.

That’s funny, because every night I see FA attacking TC and running scared from DB.

The only way this matchup will have any resemblance of balance is if FA get over their petty obsession with beating TC, and try to fight DB.

lol… this statement… wow, what crack are you smoking?

Otherwise, anybody have a score update while reality is happening?

This argument has already been settled. Keep it civil, please.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

This is a weird thing going on the last two weeks… Our WvW guilds aren’t transferring off the server or anything. They’re all still here… They’re just not really playing WvW all that much. It’s very strange.

They ain’t having fun no more. I mean look at us, FA. We don’t have any “rules” but one as a server – to have fun. We encourage guilds/individuals do whatever they want, go wherever they want. We don’t have “assigned BL”; we don’t have “WvW guild council”; we don’t have “meta game strategy”; we don’t care about being 1st/2nd or 3rd place as long as we stay in T2…

That’s why there are many servers raised and fell in front of FA. But guess what? We are still here.

Lothem

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

This is a weird thing going on the last two weeks… Our WvW guilds aren’t transferring off the server or anything. They’re all still here… They’re just not really playing WvW all that much. It’s very strange.

They ain’t having fun no more. I mean look at us, FA. We don’t have any “rules” but one as a server – to have fun. We encourage guilds/individuals do whatever they want, go wherever they want. We don’t have “assigned BL”; we don’t have “WvW guild council”; we don’t have “meta game strategy”; we don’t care about being 1st/2nd or 3rd place as long as we stay in T2…

That’s why there are many servers raised and fell in front of FA. But guess what? We are still here.

So is TC. A lot of people in TC are in college, and are going through their finals, and as such, haven’t been on much as of late.

The rest of us, well most people are running the new dungeon and farming CoF and others for their legendary.

I’ve been spending my off time getting a good laugh off of the forums and doing some roaming. It’s quite refreshing.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

BLKNovember.5620

Yeah, I think everyone was pretty tired of the TC, Kain, and FA match up after a while. The new change of pace with DB coming up really revived interest, I think. It’s quite refreshing.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loken.9724

Loken.9724

Quick! to the warchest TC!

I think I may like you Loken.

:D

Alaric the Sic level 3 guard
Founder of [SIC] and Commander.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV6azSCyyjhrcNy2WAGKm7w?feature=mhee

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

Yeah, I think everyone was pretty tired of the TC, Kain, and FA match up after a while. The new change of pace with DB coming up really revived interest, I think. It’s quite refreshing.

DB has been great. TC? I think you need your old “buddy buddy” Kain Back.

Lothem

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

So is TC. A lot of people in TC are in college, and are going through their finals, and as such, haven’t been on much as of late.

The rest of us, well most people are running the new dungeon and farming CoF and others for their legendary.

I’m curious as to how these two situations are unique to TC.

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

A lot of our commanders are college students.

When they’re not on, people tend to wonder off and do their own thing on TC.

So basically, if our commanders take a break, most of the people that regularly WvW take a break.

We lost our buddy, and you gained yours :[

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

So basically, if our commanders take a break, most of the people that regularly WvW take a break.
[/quote]

I assure you, the amount of college students and college students whom are commanders is likely equal across servers. I can replace any of your statements with “FA”. Not to say its not saying it shouldn’t affect TC but these same affects are everywhere.

edit – I fail at quoting.

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

I assure you, the amount of college students and college students whom are commanders is likely equal across servers. I can replace any of your statements with “FA”. Not to say its not saying it shouldn’t affecting TC but these same affects are everywhere.

[/quote]

I’m just saying how it is on TC. There are no “excuses” being made, or anything else. What may heavily affect FA turn out may be the opposite for TC, and vice versa.

TC was slowing down during KN’s last week here. The difference is, combined with the lack of fairweathers that come out when we’re winning, and the lack of regular commanders and other players that are usually on, it makes a sort of lackadaisical TC, where we still come out and push, but we won’t be pushing consistently or with as many numbers.

As others have seen, our turn out has been low. I think your lack of knowing how TC functions may be indicative of your not knowing just how crippling finals week + new PvE content cripples TC. It happens every time new PvE content comes out, since TC is a RP/PvE focused server. Our WvW focus is a small part of the total server.

Edit: Mif really drives the point home.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

(edited by iCryptik.1496)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Unlike most other (all?) servers TC has a WvW militia culture, not a WvW guild culture.
Case in point: Commander tags for guilds only (i.e. “don’t follow us”) are frowned upon on TC.

So when a TC main commander can’t attend, it means TC will either lack coordination on a map, or will be lead by a less experienced commander, which effects performance.

For other servers on the other hand, if a guild commander/leader can’t attend , the guild can generally still remain coordinated and make an impact. Plus it’s only one of many guilds.

Personally I think a militia culture is better, as it’s more inclusive and should result in better coverage, but it is very dependent on having good reliable commanders.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

I think your lack of knowing how TC functions may be indicative of your not knowing just how crippling finals week + new PvE content cripples TC.

But the opposite is true as well – you have a lack of knowledge of how any other server works period. You see how TC has been affected, I’ve seen how FA has been affected (my own WvW included).

My real point here is that all server get affected by these things – and all typically in the same manner – sorry, no unique snowflakes here.

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

Unlike most other (all?) servers TC has a WvW militia culture, not a WvW guild culture.
Case in point: Commander tags for guilds only (i.e. “don’t follow us”) are frowned upon on TC.

So when a TC main commander can’t attend, it means TC will either lack coordination on a map, or will be lead by a less experienced commander, which effects performance.

For other servers on the other hand, if a guild commander/leader can’t attend , the guild can generally still remain coordinated and make an impact. Plus it’s only one of many guilds.

Personally I think a militia culture is better, as it’s more inclusive and should result in better coverage, but it is very dependent on having good reliable commanders.

Sorry, all this proves is you really have no idea what its like from another servers point of view.

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Sorry, all this proves is you really have no idea what its like from another servers point of view.

ORLY?

Guess you don’t know I used to play on FA.
Going to take a wild guess and say you’ve never played on TC….

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

I think your lack of knowing how TC functions may be indicative of your not knowing just how crippling finals week + new PvE content cripples TC.

But the opposite is true as well – you have a lack of knowledge of how any other server works period. You see how TC has been affected, I’ve seen how FA has been affected (my own WvW included).

My real point here is that all server get affected by these things – and all typically in the same manner – sorry, no unique snowflakes here.

I try to learn as much as I can about a server when I face them, including their culture, how their server is via guesting, etc.

I know enough about FA culture in WvW to know that whether or not the commander is on, they’ll still run small groups till a commander gets. I’ve seen this multiple times, as I’ve been learning how all act and react to situations.

While I see your real point, it’s not a very valid point. Sure, all servers may have some issues with various factors being presented in and out of the game, but it’s easy to see how the servers react to those situations if you watch and pay attention to them.

The current RL situation with finals week and the new dungeon has not affected FA the way it has TC, and it is obvious to see that.

The server culture is totally different between the two servers, and you don’t seem to be able to understand the basics of TC mentality, you should try spending some time on TC, it’s a pretty friendly place.

I plan to start spending some time on DB, and showing them the way of the Pirate.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

ORLY?

Guess you don’t know I used to play on FA.
Going to take a wild guess and say you’ve never played on TC….

I’m not claiming to know what happens on TC. Kinda the whole point I’m making.

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

marriage is like a roller coaster

Strong enough for charr, designed by asura, and built by humans?

I’m confused. Again.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

I try to learn as much as I can about a server when I face them, including their culture, how their server is via guesting, etc.

I know enough about FA culture in WvW to know that whether or not the commander is on, they’ll still run small groups till a commander gets. I’ve seen this multiple times, as I’ve been learning how all act and react to situations.

While I see your real point, it’s not a very valid point. Sure, all servers may have some issues with various factors being presented in and out of the game, but it’s easy to see how the servers react to those situations if you watch and pay attention to them.

The current RL situation with finals week and the new dungeon has not affected FA the way it has TC, and it is obvious to see that.

The server culture is totally different between the two servers, and you don’t seem to be able to understand the basics of TC mentality, you should try spending some time on TC, it’s a pretty friendly place.

I plan to start spending some time on DB, and showing them the way of the Pirate.

Personally, I believe you’re making some major generalizations on how things work on FA. But I will agree that FA adapts. This has nothing to do with guilds vs. militias though.

Sorry, I don’t need to spend time on TC to know if its a friendly place – I’ll take your word on it (no sarcasm). But the same could be said about FA. And plenty of PVE happens on FA – we are not based in WvW.

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

BLKNovember.5620

marriage is like a roller coaster

Strong enough for charr, designed by asura, and built by humans?

I’m confused. Again.

There you go again, Zestee, confusing even yourself.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I like how our servers get along. The Hate is weak compared to my Ohio State / School Up North beer based brainwashing. College, bwhaaa.

Then again, comparing stuff like this is like saying X is like SoCal, Y is South Carolina, and Z is Lindsay Lohan.

There you go again, Zestee, confusing even yourself.

I have a level 8 mesmer now. Give me 2 months and I might have basic proficiency in Mes-Jitsu.

I AM TEH MASTER OF FAILJITSU! Sorry, it just slipped out.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

The Hate is weak compared to my Ohio State / School Up North beer based brainwashing. College, bwhaaa.

Ohio State sucks!

All about the U!

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

The Hate is weak compared to my Ohio State / School Up North beer based brainwashing. College, bwhaaa.

Ohio State sucks!

All about the U!

Maybe this year you guys can launder up a better season!

sigh.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

What?!? There’s a new dungeon? Can I get some more DB\TC loot bags in there?

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Just because Mif never fit in with the militia culture on FA doesn’t mean FA doesn’t have it or that it isn’t inclusive. Mif is just offering up a personal opinion colored by rather toxic relations Mif had with others and not stating any facts. There’s some different idea about what inclusive means….

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in Match-ups

Karykarywook.2481

I may not be the most active WvW player, but I’m pretty proud of FA militia (I was one myself for quite awhile – I always felt included and that I was actually helping)

Representing RET in WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Dunno. I think TC just has leadership burnout, FA has been there before and it corrects itself after a while, when new commanders or fresh WvWers are encouraged to step up to the plate and learn the ropes. It’s silly to say that some servers are affected more by finals, PvE events or “having more militia and less hardcore wvw guilds”

I’m pretty sure there’s a large amount of WvW medium/heavyweight guilds on TC these days, some original and some new. I barely see TC guys who aren’t following or tagged with the common WvW guilds like DIS, PiNK, CERN, TV, TSL, CYN, Pro, KH, NAGA, Awe, ZN to name a few off the top of my head.. hell, even most of TC’s posts in the match up threads have DIS, KH or PiNK in their sig.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies a server to be a “militia server”? Or is it the same thing as random FA posters calling our server a “GvG/PvP server”.. ?

edit; I put TV in twice, lol

(edited by Maniac.5163)

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

What?!? There’s a new dungeon? Can I get some more DB\TC loot bags in there?

Sadly no, I tried to go get some FA/DB loot bags and was told they were all out :[

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

Dunno. I think TC just has leadership burnout, FA has been there before and it corrects itself after a while, when new commanders or fresh WvWers are encouraged to step up to the plate and learn the ropes. It’s silly to say that some servers are affected more by finals, PvE events or “having more militia and less hardcore wvw guilds”

I’m pretty sure there’s a large amount of WvW medium/heavyweight guilds on TC these days, some original and some new. I barely see TC guys who aren’t following or tagged with the common WvW guilds like DIS, PiNK, CERN, TV, TSL, CYN, Pro, KH, NAGA, Awe, ZN to name a few off the top of my head.. hell, even most of TC’s posts in the match up threads have DIS, KH or PiNK in their sig.

Out of curiosity, what qualifies a server to be a “militia server”? Or is it the same thing as random FA posters calling our server a “GvG/PvP server”.. ?

I don’t think you can qualify any server as anything, as population is generally spread even throughout with a few little quirks here and there, IE TC being the unofficial RP server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Aww, you’re my buddy!

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

iCryptik.1496

Aww, you’re my buddy!

xD
You’re my buddy!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

This thread sponsored by, Bromance! :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I think the burnout is part of it, and it also lends itself to answering your militia server question.

We have a few “big-name” (popular, well loved, talented) commanders that bring the militia (PuGs and mixed guild groups) out in droves. When people see they’re commanding, they pour into WvW.

These commanders haven’t really been playing much since the DB reset. Some of them I’ve not seen on at all. I know of a few specific ones who are dealing with finals and RL stuff that is completely keeping them out of the game.

Our coordinated megazergs are almost entirely dependent on them showing up and making it happen. It’s one of our biggest strengths and also one of our biggest weaknesses.

SO! I’m sure they’ll be back once all their school and life stuff has been resolved… If we drop to 3rd, or T3, in the meantime, it’s all good. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve dropped down, rallied, and climbed back up. Hopefully that doesn’t happen though!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

LOL Bromance. That’s silliness. Cryptik is mah friend! And I’m not a bro, bro! =P

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

It’s not that we’ve got a new buddy… it’s just the long rivalry between TC and FA makes your lootbags tastier than DB’s. This does not mean we don’t want to eat DB’s, it’s just we like yours more!

Same cookies, different flavors.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Bunch of T1 Friends chillin in DB LA

Attachments:

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Bunch of T1 Friends chillin in DB LA

MISS YOU NOODLES!

<3

We shall hopefully meet again in WvW :P And no, I’m not coming to DB lol! :P

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

It’s not that we’ve got a new buddy… it’s just the long rivalry between TC and FA makes your lootbags tastier than DB’s. This does not mean we don’t want to eat DB’s, it’s just we like yours more!

Let us unite under the banner of Arrow Cart hatred! Too bad ACs don’t drop bags…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

I like how our servers get along. The Hate is weak compared to my Ohio State / School Up North beer based brainwashing. College, bwhaaa.

Do you go to OSU? I live like right near campus lol

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

Don’t lie Cuddles, there is a super secret pact made, all the best guilds are going to DB.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Let us unite under the banner of Arrow Cart hatred! Too bad ACs don’t drop bags…

Thanks, but I rather carry my own banner. No offense.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Thanks, but I rather carry my own banner. No offense.

None taken. I was just being silly. :-P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I think the burnout is part of it, and it also lends itself to answering your militia server question.

We have a few “big-name” (popular, well loved, talented) commanders that bring the militia (PuGs and mixed guild groups) out in droves. When people see they’re commanding, they pour into WvW.

These commanders haven’t really been playing much since the DB reset. Some of them I’ve not seen on at all. I know of a few specific ones who are dealing with finals and RL stuff that is completely keeping them out of the game.

Our coordinated megazergs are almost entirely dependent on them showing up and making it happen. It’s one of our biggest strengths and also one of our biggest weaknesses.

SO! I’m sure they’ll be back once all their school and life stuff has been resolved… If we drop to 3rd, or T3, in the meantime, it’s all good. Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve dropped down, rallied, and climbed back up. Hopefully that doesn’t happen though!

Yeah, that’s what I was trying to say. Every server relies on good experienced leadership. When ULTD retired from GW2 (led by Quenta & Kaena at the time) and we lost PTX to SoS in the same week, our server tanked hard – it was rough.
After a while, new commanders stepped up to the plate and their guilds expanded, improved and merged – for example RET formed, PF led by Alaric merged with RET and BT grew and honed their swords.. a whole new potential to FA was unlocked. Pre-IoJ transfers to FA, I could easily tell when iBludgeon from PRO wasn’t on by looking at our Oceanic PPT.
Ask any of these hardcore WvW guilds how they run without a few of their key leaders, it makes a surprising impact. Just emphasizes how important it is to train new people, put confidence in them and try and take pressure off your WvW leaders so they aren’t “essential” to the success of the server.

TLDR; It’s tough to fill the shoes of a good established commander no matter what server structure you may have.

in Match-ups

Aeonblade.8709

LOL Bromance. That’s silliness. Cryptik is mah friend! And I’m not a bro, bro! =P

Well… cheeseburgers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

sure, but the opposite is true, I’ve been told twice to not follow certain group because they are running havok team. I dunno if that’s a legit reason, but just come across as big ego.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

sure, but the opposite is true, I’ve been told twice to not follow certain group because they are running havok team. I dunno if that’s a legit reason, but just come across as big ego.

Hopefully whoever told you this wasn’t rude when they did, but if you’re running havok, extra folks who don’t know the comp and tactics of the group are really just rally fodder for opponents. When you’re in a small group, one rally for adversaries generally results in a wipe for the group.

Just figured I’d share the mentality behind asking folks not to tag along – like I said, hopefully they weren’t jerks and took the time to explain why.

TL;DR extra folks running with an small, organized, coordinated havok squad don’t really help – they hurt.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

1… You forgot EP… -_-

2. Militia Server generally means a server where zergs are comprised mostly of random players forming a zerg vs guild zergs.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning