Tier 5: EB|BP|AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

To be honest, it’s a very small minority that do that on the forums, Darek. Because if we were to base all servers on their forum warriors, then BP could be declared worse due to Kalkz and Evilzara, and AR could have been declared worse for quite a while due to CHAR. Every server has its forum warriors, you just learn to ignore them and play the game.

You forgot Testpig, Penelopy, and Thorson lol.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

in Match-ups

Posted by: FlipSide.3406

FlipSide.3406

So my game client might have the power to see into the future. I was getting ready to log into WvW this morning and when I selected Ebay Borderlands, I got the popup for WvW not being available while matches are being updated.

Not worried. Usual stuff. Probably just caught it as the timer was ticking over. So I wait a few minutes and try to enter again. Open up the WvW popup, and my game client enters into Fortune Telling Mode!

See Pic Below. Right after this happens, we get the notice that there will be a build available in the next few hours.

So, is my game client trying to tell us something? Only time will tell!

Edited for spelling.

Attachments:

Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Lieutenant
Owen Ryder / Dip Dip Potato Chip

(edited by FlipSide.3406)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Luzano

That’s why I said Ebay turned troll. They weren’t troll like that before.

Just seem that winning over and over get to some players head.

Just like Counter Strike/similar game, the harccore gamers are often the biggest troll.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Match-ups

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So my game client might have the power to see into the future. I was getting ready to log into WvW this morning and when I selected Ebay Borderlands, i got the popup for WvW not being available while matches are being updated.

Not worried. Usual stuff. Probably just caught it as the timer was ticking over. So I wait a few minutes and try to enter again. Open up the WvW popup, and my game client enters into Fortune Telling Mode!

See Pic Below. Right after this happens, we get the notice that there will be a build available in the next few hours.

So, is my game client trying to tell us sometime? Only time will tell!

Oh wow, if this actually happens, that would be pretty friggin awesome.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Lol, another action-shot score update.

FIRIN’ MAH LAZORZ!!! XD

…lil too much exposure there as your firin’ your lazor.

You loved it, lol.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

Could have been helped. AR just didn’t respond quickly enough.

Correct…..sadly.

We have our moments, both good and bad. Sometimes we don’t respond fast enough, and sometimes the folks who are on just don’t care and go do their own thing. Other times we can get maybe 10-15 to try to hold off a much larger zerg w/ golems and as you all saw, that’s not exactly our strong point. LOL. It’s sort of like that Forrest Gump box of chocolates line…..you get what you get

No matter, we’re having fun regardless. We do have those moments where we hold off a much larger force (like at Bay last week), and that was really gratifying. We just need more of that type of coordination.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

Suggestion to AR, get yourselves a Teamspeak, Vent, something so you can coordinate regardless of the map you’re on in WvW. Ebay does this, and because of that our response times get pretty fast.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

EB confirmed is as most a. hole server in the game. Far beating out even the former black gate! I congratulate you guys! What do you plan to do with this enormous blowout of how much you can pound your chest and use “skill”?

To be honest, it’s a very small minority that do that on the forums, Darek. Because if we were to base all servers on their forum warriors, then BP could be declared worse due to Kalkz and Evilzara, and AR could have been declared worse for quite a while due to CHAR. Every server has its forum warriors, you just learn to ignore them and play the game.

I am a forum troll lol. That’s like saying Kalkz is somewhat of a decent person.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

EB 134,162 +105
BP 99,196 +310
AR 92,466 +280

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Suggestion to AR, get yourselves a Teamspeak, Vent, something so you can coordinate regardless of the map you’re on in WvW. Ebay does this, and because of that our response times get pretty fast.

Ryu how do you control that many people on TS, Vent etc? Is there a hierarchy? Only commanders in this room, sub-commanders/guild leaders in this room, everybody else use what ever?

It works for EBay but I’m interested in how you order it to prevent all the potential chaos TS can turn into.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PaLeRiDeR.5908

PaLeRiDeR.5908

To ebay forum warriors

LMFAO AT EBAY “we are winning by skills, not numbers”

Says the outmanned buff in eternal for kittening 24/7 to your queues, and your guilds “FTF – PK – GH – Sekz” that drops AT LEAST 20ish on their rides while BP and AR only have their pugs to handle your guilds and queues. No, dream on. Your not winning by skills, not even close to skills, not even half of T4 servers skills. Ebay will get destroyed in tier 4 IF they reached it. Facts…

Come at me bros

No one came at me to fight, im disappointed, Kalkz wins

We cant get at you in your Citadel where you hide, Legendary Defender OP.

Bob De Niro-Warrior
Whipping Boy of Grindhouse Gaming [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

EB confirmed is as most a. hole server in the game. Far beating out even the former black gate! I congratulate you guys! What do you plan to do with this enormous blowout of how much you can pound your chest and use “skill”?

What are you talking about? CHAR is awesome! I think the funniest day in WvW history was when i got ganked by 4 charr in that guild, they danced on me, and then when I joined their party they were talking about Jews and the third reich! very fun.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in Match-ups

Posted by: PaLeRiDeR.5908

PaLeRiDeR.5908

If you take forum as a valid sample,

Killed the post right there stopped reading at that point.

Lets see Kalkz is on BP and talks alot on the forums, don’t know Kalkz I just know what the character looks like and when its dead I am suppose to put a “Ram on it” uh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Peter aka Skullclamp is on BP. Peter is my homey

Richard Z Rhal and Necrethius (*SP) both on BP that I have met during this matchup both really cool people. Forum not valid sample

I like Skullclamp. If every BP was like him and as good as him, we’d lose to you guys for sure and be happy doing it!

I wouldnt say I would be happy about it but a guy with a good attitude and skill at his level makes lossing understandable. Still need to find a way to beat him 1v1.

Bob De Niro-Warrior
Whipping Boy of Grindhouse Gaming [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: sylpheedIIDX.5721

sylpheedIIDX.5721

I am a forum troll lol. That’s like saying Kalkz is somewhat of a decent person.

There are times when you do get to trolling though, but overall, I think you’re one of the more sensible people who post in these threads.

That being said, here’s my attempt at derailing this thread.

Ahem All 3 servers are bad. Ok go…

Lady Burr [Sekz] [Rekz] [qT] [DNA]
#1 puking quaggan

in Match-ups

RyuDragnier.9476

Ryu how do you control that many people on TS, Vent etc? Is there a hierarchy? Only commanders in this room, sub-commanders/guild leaders in this room, everybody else use what ever?

It works for EBay but I’m interested in how you order it to prevent all the potential chaos TS can turn into.

We have channels for Red Borderlands, Green Borderlands, Blue Borderlands, Eternal Battlegrounds, and channels for various Guilds within Teamspeak as well. We usually keep at least one person on multiple channels that way they can alert people.

For example, I can say in Teamspeak that we have a zerg of 20+ hitting the gates at Bay, and we’ll have people from several guilds listening in who will let their guilds know, and we may sometimes have people who are currently on other parts of WvW listening in, who let people know there. It turns into a real domino effect when you announce something going on in TS.

[hS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: chillypsu.9463

chillypsu.9463

Ahem All 3 servers are bad. Ok go…

shutup baddie

:)

Big Chilly – [TG]

(edited by chillypsu.9463)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

I’d be more than happy to explain the effort and detail that goes into it. We’ve put a lot of time into keeping it organized/up-to-date, and we’ve even got a “staff” of dedicated individuals that are equally devoted to its maintenance. It’s been kind of a constant work-in-progress since then as we only had about 80 people online at the time, and now it’s about 4x that size. How do we manage 300+ players on it at one time while getting every guild/group the permissions and freedom they desire? Pretty kitten well I’d say.

Ryu explained the basic gist of it, but there’s a lot more that goes into the server and channel groups. I feel that we’ve got a pretty efficient system in place now though. Again, I’d be more than happy to discuss the finer details with anyone who’s interested. Just message me.

PS: Go you, BP. I’m glad to see your TS finally getting some activity.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Night Fiend.1942

Night Fiend.1942

Honestly, trying to get people in AR to defend our borderlands is like pulling teeth. I was running clean up last night and we had 5 or 6 people standing in Hills watching our 2 trebs hit Greenlake while our “zerg” (myself and 3 others) stood next to a wide open Greenlake (2 walls were down) calling for reinforcements. We eventually had no other choice but to leave it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: chillypsu.9463

chillypsu.9463

forgive me but i absolutely dont get this….

if EBay has been spanking AR and BP, why wouldnt AR or BP make an alliance with EBay to ride their coat tails? Ebay gets bumped a tier (alliance-mate doesnt have to fight them anymore…woohoo, right?) and whoever gets in bed with them stays in T5 facing a dropped T4 squad and likely T6 up-and-comer…

this makes sense after 2-3 weeks, right?

Big Chilly – [TG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

Zara is jealous because Kalkz gets all the glory he wants in BP

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

How do we manage 300+ players on it at one time

Wow, your public VoIP is more active than ours now :O

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

How do we manage 300+ players on it at one time

Wow, your public VoIP is more active than ours now :O

It has been for a while. Icer keeps bragging to me about how awesome Magruuumba is and how all the pugs get in Mumble, but we’ve been more active for almost two months. I think the main difference though is that the TS is more of a guild hub than it is WvW specific, so while we may have more people online, you guys probably have more active WvWers in the mix.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yeah, I did not like making so many guild channels, so a lot of people are split into their own thing. And all of the guild channels are for WvW dedicated ones anyway. Funny that he should brag about that when he usually doesn’t get on

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Yeah, I did not like making so many guild channels, so a lot of people are split into their own thing. And all of the guild channels are for WvW dedicated ones anyway. Funny that he should brag about that when he usually doesn’t get on

The fact that there are still rangers running around on EBay with pets named “Hurr Im Icer Xx” should speak for itself.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I’d be more than happy to explain the effort and detail that goes into it. We’ve put a lot of time into keeping it organized/up-to-date, and we’ve even got a “staff” of dedicated individuals that are equally devoted to its maintenance. It’s been kind of a constant work-in-progress since then as we only had about 80 people online at the time, and now it’s about 4x that size. How do we manage 300+ players on it at one time while getting every guild/group the permissions and freedom they desire? Pretty kitten well I’d say.

Ryu explained the basic gist of it, but there’s a lot more that goes into the server and channel groups. I feel that we’ve got a pretty efficient system in place now though. Again, I’d be more than happy to discuss the finer details with anyone who’s interested. Just message me.

300+ people on at once? Wow, yea, that’ll make a huge a difference. Good job on making that happen.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

And a very good suggestion it is, and one that the AR commanders are pushing in chat. It makes good sense, but getting people to use it, stay organized, etc…….hmmph. But it’s better than nothing.

FWIW the larger guilds all use it. The smaller ones…..dunno. They might within their own guild parties but may not join the chat for the larger events. They’d have to come here and chime in to know for sure.

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

You all can field +300 people in WvW?! Or is that just the total number of folks on TS at any given time?

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

This is why I think BP and AR should keep teaming up on Ebay.
BP and AR are going to be 2nd 3rd 3rd 2nd 2nd 2nd 3rd 2nd 3rd forever, so let’s do something different; keep That Ebay score going down!

How is this something different? If it is the same match up you will always be 2nd and 3rd…

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

You all can field +300 people in WvW?! Or is that just the total number of folks on TS at any given time?

It’s not all WvW, but on reset nights when it hits those numbers, it mostly is. Like I said a few times in this thread, we can field some pretty good numbers, but the only times everyone is really in WvW is on Friday. Otherwise, there’s a lot of people just hanging out waiting for us to bother them with a message “GET HERE NAO”. Usually it’s more in the range of ~200 on a regular night. Still, that’s the reason behind our response time.

People can call us unskilled all they want in this thread and laugh/kittenol/whatever, but it won’t change the fact that we have awesome communication. We can have 20-30 people in a borderland channel from an arrangement of all guilds and pugs alike (at any given time), and they may not even be in the same borderland. A lot of the time, we are just keeping eachother updated on events in other maps while talking about cats or Game of Thrones or why British accents are mmmmm sekzy. When it’s confirmed that something is happening, we just make a shout over all the jokes or whatever the hell people are talking about at the time. People get serious, and we go do whatever it is we need to do.

So no, outside of reset night, we can’t field those numbers. However, we do have them all on call if need be. One of the silent agreements these guilds make by joining our TS is that we can bug them to help out if help is needed. I take advantage of that unspoken arrangement as often as I can, and I know plenty of others do as well.

in Match-ups

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I would say communication/co-ordination falls under the umbrella of skill when it comes to a server wide assessment. Kudos to Ebay for having it on that scale.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

It’s not all WvW, but on reset nights when it hits those numbers, it mostly is. Like I said a few times in this thread, we can field some pretty good numbers, but the only times everyone is really in WvW is on Friday. Otherwise, there’s a lot of people just hanging out waiting for us to bother them with a message “GET HERE NAO”. Usually it’s more in the range of ~200 on a regular night. Still, that’s the reason behind our response time.

People can call us unskilled all they want in this thread and laugh/kittenol/whatever, but it won’t change the fact that we have awesome communication. We can have 20-30 people in a borderland channel from an arrangement of all guilds and pugs alike (at any given time), and they may not even be in the same borderland. A lot of the time, we are just keeping eachother updated on events in other maps while talking about cats or Game of Thrones or why British accents are mmmmm sekzy. When it’s confirmed that something is happening, we just make a shout over all the jokes or whatever the hell people are talking about at the time. People get serious, and we go do whatever it is we need to do.

So no, outside of reset night, we can’t field those numbers. However, we do have them all on call if need be. One of the silent agreements these guilds make by joining our TS is that we can bug them to help out if help is needed. I take advantage of that unspoken arrangement as often as I can, and I know plenty of others do as well.

I understand all to well the ability to move troops from one area to another with clear commands is essential to combat effectiveness. Hats off to you guys. It requires skill, training and perseverance for your server to work together in that fashion.

AR really needs to do this. How much is TS?

See you in Tyria.

in Match-ups

BrimstoneAshe.5043

AR has a TS. We just have to use it more effectively.

[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

in Match-ups

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I am not sure about our other guilds, but pk at least also makes it mandatory to have TS for guild membership. Our 3 requirements are (1) 100% rep in WvW, (2) Sign up on our forum to track guild event calendar, and check in semi-regularly (3) Be able to download and use TS. No one has to talk if they don’t feel comfortable doing so, but it’s just too difficult to mobilize a large force via in game chat.

Honestly, it’s a process though and you have to be willing to suffer in the short term for the long term gain. After imposing those requirements our guild had to do an inactive and non compliance purge of our roster that trimmed us from 500 members down to about 260. We are back up to about 350 now though and at 350 we can field larger more coordinated forces than we ever could at 500.

It’s not uncommon for us to field 80-90 on a reset night or easily 50-60 on guild missions or other normal weekday raiding parties, and only a small handful won’t be in TS because of whatever reason – playing at work, broken headset, have to be quiet etc. You just can’t coordinate multiple targets and broader strategies over that kind of number without voice.

And I know you guys have people on our /t and /m to relay info. That’s all well and good for you, but honestly it only counters the pugs who dominate EBG. You are kind of wasting your time with that because all of the important stuff is voice.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Match-ups

Posted by: tiramisu.8706

tiramisu.8706

When Sekz was on NSP, I remember the trash talking and chest thumping to be pretty frequent. Not much has changed in tier 5. In fact, BP was the one proclaiming skill back then when NSP kept throwing out the numbers blame.

To answer Kalkz about us being less respectful on Ebay, nothing has changed. Only difference is you’re still trolling / chest thumping but in a more annoying fashion so instead of half the guild disliking you, the whole guild dislikes you. Be proud you’re more annoying?

I really don’t remember anything about AR forum trolls since they’re always stuck in the middle. I do remember them always calling out 1vs2 though just like BP. BP / AR now in NSP’s position and doing the same thing.

Wokfoo, Rokkasaurus, Not Daddy of [Rekz]

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

I am not sure about our other guilds, but pk at least also makes it mandatory to have TS for guild membership. Our 3 requirements are (1) 100% rep in WvW, (2) Sign up on our forum to track guild event calendar, and check in semi-regularly (3) Be able to download and use TS. No one has to talk if they don’t feel comfortable doing so, but it’s just too difficult to mobilize a large force via in game chat.

Yeah, pretty much the same requirements we have as well except the rep in WvW one is replaced with “Be age 18+”. So yeah, at least two of EBay’s largest WvW guilds require the use of TS on the same server. I don’t think we field quite as many people as pk does, but it’s still enough to get 50-70 in our TS channels on reset nights.

in Match-ups

Kalkz.5297

After we just lost Ebay hills

i can confirm

BP and AR are going to hell because of this update. incoming another 600+ screenshot of ebay

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Honestly, it’s a process though and you have to be willing to suffer in the short term for the long term gain. After imposing those requirements our guild had to do an inactive and non compliance purge of our roster that trimmed us from 500 members down to about 260. We are back up to about 350 now though and at 350 we can field larger more coordinated forces than we ever could at 500.

It’s not uncommon for us to field 80-90 on a reset night or easily 50-60 on guild missions or other normal weekday raiding parties, and only a small handful won’t be in TS because of whatever reason – playing at work, broken headset, have to be quiet etc. You just can’t coordinate multiple targets and broader strategies over that kind of number without voice.

And I know you guys have people on our /t and /m to relay info. That’s all well and good for you, but honestly it only counters the pugs who dominate EBG. You are kind of wasting your time with that because all of the important stuff is voice.

FTF is a little bit more casual when it comes to membership. We’re a pvx guild meaning we do a little bit of everything but we are mostly a world vs world guild. We accept anyone and any level as long as they are from Ehmry Bay server. We prefer our members to be 18+. If not 18+, then act mature or you’ll get kicked. We don’t care about skills or anything like that because we can train them by putting them in 1 of our 5 squads to have a more personal attention from the squad officers. We ask them to try out each squad and see which one he/she likes or which one is closer to his/her playstyle. Some squads though have requirements for joining and the requirements vary. It can be your class,level, build, gear, amount of game time/wvw time or playstyle. Oh, and teamspeak is required before you can join any of the squads. =)

As far as our numbers..we can rally to wvw up to 60-70 on reset nights and averaging 40-50 on other nights.

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

Oh, and teamspeak is required before you can join any of the squads. =)

So that’s 3 of the ‘big 4’. There you go BP and AR, that’s your blueprint for coordination upgrades.

I know there is a lot of insults and trolling in this thread, and there seems to be quite a few ‘wow ebay is so disrespectful’ posts too. But I hope at least the guild leaders of both servers appreciate that we aren’t bad people and over the past few weeks we’ve opened the kimono a fair bit to you two to give you guys the tools you need to survive and best others who take this spot in T5 when we move on.

We have no ill will towards either of your servers, and it would be nice one day to look back at these matchups and know you guys became a more powerful server because of your experience with us, just as we look back to other key opponents that shaped how we play today.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

i can confirm

BP and AR are going to hell because of this update. incoming another 600+ screenshot of ebay

Is that a reference to the traps?

In which case you started that when you set a trap down outside Hills I just took my response in the extreme and set a trap every time I could to be spiteful. :P

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Match-ups

Kalkz.5297

i can confirm

Is that a reference to the traps?

In which case you started that when you set a trap down outside Hills I just took my response in the extreme and set a trap every time I could to be spiteful. :P

no, talking about numbers, u will see what i mean when u see the outmanned buff on BP & AR in eternal 24/7
before the update i had 30 people ready to come if i called them for help, after the update. 27 of the 30 are in that silly cove

in Match-ups

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

Oh, and teamspeak is required before you can join any of the squads. =)

So that’s 3 of the ‘big 4’. There you go BP and AR, that’s your blueprint for coordination upgrades.

I know there is a lot of insults and trolling in this thread, and there seems to be quite a few ‘wow ebay is so disrespectful’ posts too. But I hope at least the guild leaders of both servers appreciate that we aren’t bad people and over the past few weeks we’ve opened the kimono a fair bit to you two to give you guys the tools you need to survive and best others who take this spot in T5 when we move on.

We have no ill will towards either of your servers, and it would be nice one day to look back at these matchups and know you guys became a more powerful server because of your experience with us, just as we look back to other key opponents that shaped how we play today.

Rest assured, your ongoing insistence on the efficacy of a server-wide commitment to one VoIP has not fallen on deaf ears. The previous attempt on Borlis to unite the server in one TS bogged down in a quagmire of petty drama, but the latest attempt headed up by Varlen/Deltona finally seems to be catching on. We’re all very excited to see where it takes us as we continue to promote usage.

And yes, I think most of us know that you EBay’ers are not bad people. All of my personal interactions with you have been nothing but a pleasure. Sometimes you can be a little rough around the edges on the forums, but every server has that

in Match-ups

Khayoss.2019

before the update i had 30 people ready to come if i called them for help, after the update. 27 of the 30 are in that silly cove

PvE. lol. Feel for ya bud.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

I understand all to well the ability to move troops from one area to another with clear commands is essential to combat effectiveness. Hats off to you guys. It requires skill, training and perseverance for your server to work together in that fashion.

TS client is free, paying someone to host it is cheap, especially if you spread the cost with say a Paypal account people can donate to. Back when GOAT existed I had a 100 person TS server that was not much $$

The lack of in game voice chat is very noticeable, if Anet had bothered to put something like that in, it would have gone a long ways to help pugs organize. Simply put it would have helped Raise the bar in wvw for all servers. Instead the onus is on the players to use third party means to improve communications.

Sounds like your server does have a public TS server, it would be well worth your time to use it in wvw

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakma.1549

Drakma.1549

Paying more than $10 a month for a 512 slot ts server is stupid. Give me a pm and I will tell you how to set one up quickly and cheaply.

in Match-ups

Expiatus.4210

AR has a TS. We just have to use it more effectively.

Well, I know what I’m downloading tonight.

Also a big thank you to everyone who explained the TS set up, guild reqs, etc. It just goes to show you, in spite of our interserver needling, the community is pretty amazing and helps us all improve.

See you all on the battle field.

See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ralathar.7236

Ralathar.7236

Rest assured, your ongoing insistence on the efficacy of a server-wide commitment to one VoIP has not fallen on deaf ears. The previous attempt on Borlis to unite the server in one TS bogged down in a quagmire of petty drama, but the latest attempt headed up by Varlen/Deltona finally seems to be catching on. We’re all very excited to see where it takes us as we continue to promote usage.

And yes, I think most of us know that you EBay’ers are not bad people. All of my personal interactions with you have been nothing but a pleasure. Sometimes you can be a little rough around the edges on the forums, but every server has that

Just hang in there. Ehmry Bay had it’s own share of drama at one time, as did PK. Eventually we resolved the issues and trimmed out some trouble makers who could not tone it down. Keep working at it and you’ll get there.

<3 my PK hehe. Good to see my guild representing itself maturely in this thread.

Rashanala – 80 Elementalist
Ehmry Bay – Legion of the Iron Hawk [Hawk]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

How is this something different? If it is the same match up you will always be 2nd and 3rd…

This is different. Prime time for 2 timezones.

Attachments:

-K

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

AR has had a TS for months. Right now i’ counting 22 in the WvW , with another 30 in their own guild channels.

-K

-K

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sigmar.2185

Sigmar.2185

omg …. what happens to the tiger?

At Eternal, AR owns Stonemist (SM) with a waypoint while Ebay only owns Lowland! (gratz Anvil rockers)

Meanwhile, Ehmry Bay potential points atm is ….. +105!!!

Could be from the the new update and Ebay pve players went to Southsun ….. or ……. several weeks storming BP x AR and taking advantage they fighting each other as well due to their long history rivalry from below tiers …. suddenly they shake hands for a whole week and the troll forums starting in panic LOL

Now more serious, all must remember this is just a game and we ALL should have FUN, but above all RESPECT each other. Take care and hugs to Bay Brolis Rock community

[ALPH] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Kodiack.2783

omg …. what happens to the tiger?

At Eternal, AR owns Stonemist (SM) with a waypoint while Ebay only owns Lowland! (gratz Anvil rockers)

Meanwhile, Ehmry Bay potential points atm is ….. +105!!!

Could be from the the new update and Ebay pve players went to Southsun ….. or ……. several weeks storming BP x AR and taking advantage they fighting each other as well due to their long history rivalry from below tiers …. suddenly they shake hands for a whole week and the troll forums starting in panic LOL

Now more serious, all must remember this is just a game and we ALL should have FUN, but above all RESPECT each other. Take care and hugs to Bay Brolis Rock community

Ebay will comeback once their west coasters get home from work. They are pretty heavy in that timezone, which is why when we go to bed, they catch up.

-K

-K