Vizunah/Desolation/Seafarer (2.03-???) T1 EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Since we’re posting full-houses it took 14 VoTF about 9 PUGS fighting for about 3 hrs to get to this point. We even had a full night-squad of SFR come to play whom eventually left the map to let us take control of everything.

What a fun night (Screenshot taken a day or two back).

Attachments:

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Deso enjoying the little success they have had recently, how cute. VS have capped their home BL many times and SFR theirs, yet why don’t we see any screens.

And lol at the guy how says ‘come fight our pugs in open field’. I have not seen a single Deso guild roaming independently, all you do is run whole zones. Wexp is killing wvw.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Is this Correct? (16.30 gmt) 3 april 2013

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

Haha, that made me laugh

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Deso enjoying the little success they have had recently, how cute. VS have capped their home BL many times and SFR theirs, yet why don’t we see any screens.

And lol at the guy how says ‘come fight our pugs in open field’. I have not seen a single Deso guild roaming independently, all you do is run whole zones. Wexp is killing wvw.

maybe cos we are not a PVD server like u and VS, so we cherish such moments..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fatal.2815

Fatal.2815

Is that VoTF stumbling around? What a lovely video Ogro. Surely RG had the odds on their side in this rubadub dubbing? I see at least 30 pugs helping you out at all times.

no need to go crazy there.

We run with allies as well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UqEygmZNW_k

Amazing Fatal | [VoTF]
http://www.votf-online.net
My mesmer video -http://tinyurl.com/pele5bm

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

Bragbragbrag

You still enjoy the game?

What exactly am I bragging about? I haven’t posted any screens or called anyone out. I’m stating what i have seen. If you want me to brag then wait a couple of days and i will havea nice video for you.

And no im not enjoying wvw atm.

The fact that you state you toke a border is bragging in the context you said it.

On the other hand getting such achivement like capping our whole borderland required a all nighter – and for us that means we have to fight people – not doors.

But people never really gave credit Deso’s succes. Bit sad imo.

Someone on TS said the other day – “They can’t beat us in prime so they bash us in the early morning till noon”.

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Bragbragbrag

You still enjoy the game?

What exactly am I bragging about? I haven’t posted any screens or called anyone out. I’m stating what i have seen. If you want me to brag then wait a couple of days and i will havea nice video for you.

And no im not enjoying wvw atm.

The fact that you state you toke a border is bragging in the context you said it.

On the other hand getting such achivement like capping our whole borderland required a all nighter – and for us that means we have to fight people – not doors.

But people never really gave credit Deso’s succes. Bit sad imo.

Someone on TS said the other day – “They can’t beat us in prime so they bash us in the early morning till noon”.

Have a looksie on MoS side who was winning mostly in primetime before free server transfers to SFR, then come post again. Yes, ANet kittened over our primetime.

[RG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

And the reason you were winning then cause you got PS best guilds so stop moaning

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I hate to say this, but SFR was actually semi-decent before as well.

Only semi though :p

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masori.3528

Masori.3528

I hate to say this, but SFR was actually semi-decent before as well.

Only semi though :p

what she said

Massive I- [IRON]// [MOB]

The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy.

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

yeah they were, it was JS, SFR and PS…………Then PS guilds transfer to SFR and now there crying cause other people are transferring. Tough kitten

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well desolation was good in beta. Too bad they did lose all good guilds.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

Oh please, you can’t honestly compare a randoms transfering to the highest server after an ANet kittenup to guilds working together to create the latest superserver.

People cant complain about transfers when they server hop themselves, hypocrites

Asura – Desolation

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

Oh please, you can’t honestly compare a randoms transfering to the highest server after an ANet kittenup to guilds working together to create the latest superserver.

People cant complain about transfers when they server hop themselves, hypocrites

People have every right to complain about people joining their server and kittening up their matches/play if they’ve worked hard to get it where it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Anyone want to go through Basic Tactics 101 with Des – cos they’re doing some might strange things this week (slight obsession with SFR BL????)

each guild in our server is allocated a bl, IRON is on sfr this week

But isn’t that most of your server? IRONs like la Main Noire isn’t it – you just have to be able to type ‘invite pls’ and you’re in?

You only have to be able to click transfer to be a Bandwagon SFR guild!

/cough
While I’m having fun with the usual IRON zerg as soon as somebody says something about them, I do have to point out that the free transfers are now closed (in theory).
Now you need actual gems. Just like our dear own Deso

Some people are interested in joining IRON, some aren’t. What that says about either of those people, I guess is purely about how you see stuff.
(YAYCAPTAINOBVIOUS!)

Transfers not free anymore and you didn’t join SFR? slack.

Red Guard [RG]

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

Check who was winning prime time before free transfers.

SFR was a server that had WvW guilds driving the server up the ranks and was bolstered by like minded guilds from PS. These free transfers have made it almost impossible for our primetime guilds to get into bl they have signed up for, because pugs are taking our space. SFR bl has been the hardest hit because we cant get any guilds in.

Lets see what happens next week.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

Anyone want to go through Basic Tactics 101 with Des – cos they’re doing some might strange things this week (slight obsession with SFR BL????)

each guild in our server is allocated a bl, IRON is on sfr this week

But isn’t that most of your server? IRONs like la Main Noire isn’t it – you just have to be able to type ‘invite pls’ and you’re in?

You only have to be able to click transfer to be a Bandwagon SFR guild!

/cough
While I’m having fun with the usual IRON zerg as soon as somebody says something about them, I do have to point out that the free transfers are now closed (in theory).
Now you need actual gems. Just like our dear own Deso

Some people are interested in joining IRON, some aren’t. What that says about either of those people, I guess is purely about how you see stuff.
(YAYCAPTAINOBVIOUS!)

Transfers not free anymore and you didn’t join SFR? slack.

Psh, like you want me to hold up the queues even more

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

yeah they were, it was JS, SFR and PS…………Then PS guilds transfer to SFR and now there crying cause other people are transferring. Tough kitten

When i started playing(maybe 2 months ago) SFR was in T1 and decided to drop to T2(the time when ANET reseted the points or changed how points are calculated, i dont remember) so we didn’t fight the whole week at all. After that we won every match in T2 before PS guild came. I dont see the problem. RG wanted to play in T1 but couldn’t do it on PS so they picked SFR and we won everything after that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Oh hallo I just came out of the box, what’s up?

P.s. noooo Rayya come back just wait a few weeks it will get better eventually

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

SFR has been taken over by a load of useless pugs. We are sorting this out internally. We hope we can sort this out sooner rather than later.

We are still a strong server, and won’t fold over a little problem, We will work this problem out. Watch out VZ

(We are not afraid to take drastic measures to sort this problem out,If any guild or player, joins our server, we will treat them like hostiles unless they make a decent effort to join our community)

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

(edited by ethier.3417)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Nice failed attempt on our EB keep, I saw those omega’s portaling out of SM North Gate out of nowhere so not quite sneaky enough

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Posted by: DarkieDuck.9521

DarkieDuck.9521

Is the IRON zerg increasing on a daily base?
Last night in SFR borderlands there were so many :o

I was suprised we hold our garrison , specially after you took down our inner wall and door and you stayed @ the catapults.
For some reason we decided to charge in outnumbered, then the skill lag came and all everyone could use was 1, because IRON had a much better position as a big zerg in a corner, not one of us even got close and half our team wiped.
After that you charged in the garrison and we somehow managed to wipe you.

No idea what happend after that, got disconnected and cba with another 1-2hrs queue..
Anyway, was a good fight i guess

Zekow[NiD] – lvl 80 Elementalist
Solo guard of the watergate
Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

Looking all those ppl happy, because they zerg against pugs is indeed funny. Like they can actually play…..but they enjoy those fights and esp against pugs, cause its the only plesure that have ever had.

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xispeo.1706

Xispeo.1706

Zerg is killing WvW since a while anyway, even a good raid can’t compete against zergs with lambda players. We are reaching the limit I guess. Still enjoying my guild raid, but elsewhere WvW becomes bad.. Will all WvW players finish on one single server chasing pugs ?

Vizunah – Zorèy/Crystalizer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

everything isnt blue or green at this time of the day. Is Viz sleeping ?

Attachments:

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in Match-ups

Luffy.9365

Iluvien to be honest, we didnt need any more players to transfer @SFR server. I personaly requested it, when the tranfers started , because WvW will be unplayable and we have already enough coverage to deal with. It will be better for those players to tranfer to Desolation or to a T2/T3 server to enjoy better the fights. Now we dont enjoy WvW exactly for that +Servers ZERG for “F” Wxp……! Those ppl took the free chance to join the top ranked server and they did it , now @ least we should work together , be members of our community and respect other guilds schedules in WvW.

(edited by Luffy.9365)

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

SFR has been taken over by a load of useless pugs.
….
If any guild or player, joins our server, we will treat them like hostiles unless they make a decent effort to join our community)

Wow. With an attitude like that, especially from a ‘community website moderator’, how can you expect anyone to WANT to join your community? So, if you’re not part of one of the buddy guilds, you’re useless and not welcome? Wonderful community spirit, right there.

No need to part of one of the buddy guilds, he just saying you gotta bring allot to the table if you want to join, else you simply are not welcome.

We got overrun by this transfer crap and are fighting hard to get back to our own level.

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

….
If any guild or player, joins our server, we will treat them like hostiles unless they make a decent effort to join our community)

Wow. With an attitude like that, especially from a ‘community website moderator’, how can you expect anyone to WANT to join your community? So, if you’re not part of one of the buddy guilds, you’re useless and not welcome? Wonderful community spirit, right there.

That was the attitude from the beginning. I got banned from Guru from scaring people from rolling on SFR on release. Initially it was just FUBAR guilds and all guilds i personally contacted, negotiated and invited is. End previous year, format was changed to encompass whole server community – integrate everyone ins wvw network and fight as a server, providing players teamspeak, site, guidance, planing tools etc. Still – SFR was never a place where random people and pugs were welcome with open hands if they were not willing to fight for common cause.

That “community spirit” brought lowest populated on release EU server that was dead bottom in wvw in BWE to Top 1 place in wvw ladder. A lots of guilds/people changed over the duration of game, but the spirit of the server remains the same. WvW is organized effort. If you think otherwise – look how well it works for all the other higher populated “crowd” servers.

Its not a warm and friendly home for passing travelers. Its a WvW server with common goal in mind – was so since beginning, from the point where there was absolutely no one there but us.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in Match-ups

Posted by: REAL.7483

REAL.7483

Epic action taking Hills from IRONation in Seafarer’s BL, great stuff.

Dolyaks in Disguise [DD] ~ Seafarer’s Rest Server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Dunno what’s going on with SFR last few days but we’re having fun over in IRON painting it all red with our kitten allies Special shout out to Coin, best buddies EU.

//Wrex

Watt’s up with SFR? We are in our path to 5th victory in a row.
Hope this week you not end for the 5th time in 3rd.
We can post so many screenshots like yours …but in green.
Grow up mate, or drop your commander title from your posts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fauxfox.7318

Fauxfox.7318

….

No need to part of one of the buddy guilds, he just saying you gotta bring allot to the table if you want to join, else you simply are not welcome.

We got overrun by this transfer crap and are fighting hard to get back to our own level.

Well its true I’ve had a few situations now when one or more of “buddy guilds” have tried to force people of the servers just because they think they are entitled just because they are a bigger guild and have organised times on pvepe.net.

The problem is you treat everyone as hostiles unless they are from a more known large guild.

Organised play yes. community spirit, few bad apples let the whole down.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

I was suprised we hold our garrison , specially after you took down our inner wall and door and you stayed @ the catapults.
For some reason we decided to charge in outnumbered, then the skill lag came and all everyone could use was 1, because IRON had a much better position as a big zerg in a corner, not one of us even got close and half our team wiped.

No idea what happend after that, got disconnected and cba with another 1-2hrs queue..

How could we outnumber you when I imagine your whole border was defending Garrison? Did you have no queues? We had around 50 people and the rest were all from other guilds, we actually split our forces in two for 2 hours last night with a mixture of results, as its too easy just to wipe one and then go deal with the other.

I agree the lag was impossible, but we were still fighting as two seperate units on the inner keep of garrison. You guys just defended well and kept reinforcements pooring in.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Epic action taking Hills from IRONation in Seafarer’s BL, great stuff.

Good job on that. First golem rush we managed to counter but the second rush within 10 minutes seemed to be a bit too much. We just couldn’t match the numbers.

Interesting to see how sfr deals with the “issue” of too much players. Will they stand or will their guilds hop servers?

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

….

Wow.

Indeed.

Earlier today I was going to answer ethier with rather long and boring post, but didn’t get around sending it during the day. Seeing it was already discussed, I’ll try to be brief.

So we have one server (VS) that was dealing with this issue from the get go and their solution to it (that was working so far) is to thrive on, embrace and foster hordes of Mr. Pugs with things like propaganda, propagating “Vizunah spirit” thing and what not (I’m actually do not know specifics, but can imagine). This of course was in turn shaping the whole WvW community. VS themselves agree that they are mostly pugs with pug commanders and just a couple of big guilds. A lot of small guilds though do things that are vital to the score like timer-capping, supply ninjas etc.

Now, we have another server that was hit by “War Z” and took different stance: “You are useless and not welcome unless you prove otherwise. Here’s how the game is played here and you will obey or else”. I wonder btw what follows this “or else”.

It will be interesting to watch the story unfolding but I’m not sure the way SFR WvW community is heading is sustainable. Not to say if it is healthy and constructive given the lack of in-game leverage and/or restrictions in GW2 that one would probably need to pull this off.

Well, seems like I’ve managed to come up with long and boring post anyway

TLDR: Wow.

P.S. I should have mentioned Deso as third server but we don’t seem to have this issue atm. We had it at one moment and our solution as far as I remember was to drop a tier or two.

Other than that, our answer to “War Z” would be I guess “Everybody join IRON!”

jk

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

in Match-ups

DarkieDuck.9521

How could we outnumber you when I imagine your whole border was defending Garrison? Did you have no queues? We had around 50 people and the rest were all from other guilds, we actually split our forces in two for 2 hours last night with a mixture of results, as its too easy just to wipe one and then go deal with the other.

I agree the lag was impossible, but we were still fighting as two seperate units on the inner keep of garrison. You guys just defended well and kept reinforcements pooring in.

Wasnt the 2 seperate units together for that one big attack? sure did look like that.
Must say the part were u kept attacking garrison outer with 2 teams was very well played.

The reason I say we were outnumbered is because too me it looked like we had far less people in that inner garrison then you had in that corner (also known as “garage”)

Yes we have had long queues, but also many people afking in the citadel or wondering around picking flowers, which is a big problem since the free transfer aswell

Seafarer’s Rest [EU]

in Match-ups

Luffy.9365

Yaro if you like, read my answer @ the end of the previous page……
Its not like we hate them or something, but if new guilds dont join our community and read-be part of our scheduled raids…..Guilds who have been in scheduled ,cant enter due to queue. Ofc the majority are pugs who just run around WvW without the willing to be part of our community.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Dunno what’s going on with SFR last few days but we’re having fun over in IRON painting it all red with our kitten allies Special shout out to Coin, best buddies EU.

//Wrex

Watt’s up with SFR? We are in our path to 5th victory in a row.
Hope this week you not end for the 5th time in 3rd.
We can post so many screenshots like yours …but in green.
Grow up mate, or drop your commander title from your posts.

People are in queues so they kitten and moan, and try to say its awful because we are now full of pugs and losing…..only last time i was on a couple fo days ago we were winning.
Not at home now so cant check,,but willing to bet we are still tops.

in Match-ups

Cameirus.8407

Yaro if you like, read my answer @ the end of the previous page……
Its not like we hate them or something, but if new guilds dont join our community and read-be part of our scheduled raids…..Guilds who have been in scheduled ,cant enter due to queue. Ofc the majority are pugs who just run around WvW without the willing to be part of our community.

You dont get to define how other people play.

You dont get special treatment becuse you have scheduled something, sorry but thats just how it works.

The problem is not pugs, transfers or whatever, its that the wvwvw pop limit is so low. If anet get more maps out and the pop can spread out a bit, you solve both the queues and the zerg problems.

in Match-ups

Cameirus.8407

….

Totally, if people act like kitten to newcommers its counter productive. And the whole server suffers.

People moved over, deal with it. Be nice qnd try to foster a good community, or leave, no one will miss someone with that kind of toxic attitude,

in Match-ups

Luffy.9365

Yes, but now that we dont have maps or bigger space….ppl should coordinate with each other….I dont ask special treatment, i ask coorporation!!!

in Match-ups

Genev.2450

I wonder how much kittening there would be if you were in that position

Also, it’s not as easy as raising the caps, there are still horribly unbalanced servers, and raising the caps there would make it even worse.
While im a sucker for staying on the higher tiers, those aren’t the only ones which exist.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

I really like how random people are lecturing SFR how to run a WvW community.
You need to understand that SFRs success was based on various guilds working together.
Setting up schedules, switching maps to help , getting good in open field.
These were the traits in which SFR excelled.

All changed when Arena-net decided to show the middle finger to the WvW population of the No1. server in Europe and let god-know how many freeloaders and randoms transfer for free.

This impacted our gameplay SEVERELY. It’s normal that SFR guilds and player who invested effort to bring SFR where is it to be frustarted by this. Suddenly you cannot get your guild in, cannot start a raid…worse yet…you pop you commader icon and half of the map ignores you.

You have NO clue how it is … yet you have the audacity to accuse a whole community of being rude to newcommers! We CANNOT play the game we love at the moment.
Are you aware of that fact? Who gave you the right to pass judgement on things you do not understand?

When you join a T1 server with an established community , you WORK with that community, you intergate and follow it’s rules. Not the other way around.

We’re struggling at the moment to settle this chaos. We really are. But to ignore the frustration of a whole server and to judge them that they are not welcoming new players is just just bad trolling, nothing more.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pukknub.7368

Pukknub.7368

You should have seen the map chat in LA when free transfers opened up again. It was horrible.

And I believe if people act like kittens, they should be treated like kittens.

Pukknub
Proud member of Velocity [VcY]

in Match-ups

Posted by: omphin.1752

omphin.1752

You need to understand that SFRs success was based on various guilds working together.

you forgot to mention alot of bandwagon guilds you picked up on your rise to T1. If Blacktide guilds stuck around longer rather than getting burnt out you wouldnt have been as successful. You reaped alot of players from blacktide, and other servers dont forget that

P.S. we are not random people we are in the game as long as you are. Many of us have been in T1 longer than you

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

I really like how random people

Next time please be more specific as to who exactly are you aiming your message at. Otherwise it looks like a simple flame bait.

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

How would you feel if IRON or GH or VoTF couldn’t get into the borderland they were signed up for and you find out that pugs are running around on those maps without a clue as to what to do. Hell we cant even get a commander in to organise anything for hours.

We can’t stop people from joining SFR but we can encourage them to join our community and work with us. This is what we are doing but its tricky because these people dont want to join (majority have said that in chat).

If you have no interest in working with us then stay away from the server, we dont need you.

RP enthusiast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

I really like how random people

Next time please be more specific as to who exactly are you aiming your message at. Otherwise it looks like a simple flame bait.

If you took offense, maybe it was for a good reason…

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Well looks like VZ map players are working together pretty good right now.

Attachments:

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

How would you feel if IRON or GH or VoTF couldn’t get into the borderland they were signed up for and you find out that pugs are running around on those maps without a clue as to what to do.

I’d feel like I was feeling last time it was happening. Like c rap. It’s not like we don’t know how it’s like. I was once sitting in a queue for 4 (!) hours.

What’s your point? “Yeah it sucks so let’s blame all the pugs and alienate them”? That’s your idea of the solution?

in Match-ups

Sird.4536

you forgot to mention alot of bandwagon guilds you picked up on your rise to T1. If Blacktide guilds stuck around longer rather than getting burnt out you wouldnt have been as successful. You reaped alot of players from blacktide, and other servers dont forget that

P.S. we are not random people we are in the game as long as you are. Many of us have been in T1 longer than you

The only BT guild we got is RG, or am I missing others. And how many times have you won T1? For a server thats been in T1 for a long time you have a good history of 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Also the fact that we haven’t burnt out after 5 weeks winning proves we are more focused then those BT guilds. One more thing, if BT was still around Deso wouldn’t be in T1.

RP enthusiast