Week of 11/30: SOS vs SBI vs JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Dharnia.9860

Dharnia.9860

Only way for SoS to survive is they have to earn enough points in US prime time to survive the night.

You guys have zero coverage issues. I get on at 2:30 am EST and you guys are dominating the playing field. This still keeps happening well into the time I get off usually around 5:30 EST.

No coverage issues. You guys are not going to have a problem. The only problem you would have is if SBI and JQ suddenly had their queues filled up 24/7 which has happened in a long time.

You’d be suprised just how often I log in and see that SoS is outmanned and JQ and SBI are storming back over us slowly but not as aggressive as you’d think they would be with the advantage. We manage to hold what we can when we are outmanned tho.

Khrystana Ranger in Sons of Arkham [SoA] @ Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Score: 8:53 PM EST. SBI slipped into 3rd place.

Attachments:

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ukiah.9740

Ukiah.9740

If Anet is like how Bioware was with SWTOR they focus more on fixing exploits than punishing the people actually doing them. They basically deny it or tell people that it’ll be fixed in an upcoming patch so it isn’t worth their time punishing somebody if its going to be fixed by then. They only took action against speed hacks, economic exploiters, and bots, but everything else was “fine” until they fixed it.

That is probably (90% sure) why there isn’t a option to report people for exploiting / cheating. They’re too afraid to whip out the ban button because it can damage their public image and lose subscribers (i.e. money).

It’s funny though. Bioware and Anet both police their forums with an iron fist.

I am reassured to find I’m not THE ONLY person who has noticed a similarity to how certain developers have handled the support and community aspects of their respective products. One wonders if lessons will be learned and arrogance dispensed with or if history will repeat itself.

in WvW

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Nice job JQ Great to see you pushing back, even after being told you’ll be going to T2 by the other servers a few times. Let’s see if you can pull the ‘upset’ and knock SoS off! Seems like SBI are running out of care for WvW, which is a shame (judging by Jang Guns post).

Let’s hope that Anet mixes it up a bit, as fun as this match up has been I’m sure a lot of players would appreciate some change in content. Few days to go for this week, let’s see how it ends

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

If Anet is like how Bioware was with SWTOR they focus more on fixing exploits than punishing the people actually doing them. They basically deny it or tell people that it’ll be fixed in an upcoming patch so it isn’t worth their time punishing somebody if its going to be fixed by then. They only took action against speed hacks, economic exploiters, and bots, but everything else was “fine” until they fixed it.

That is probably (90% sure) why there isn’t a option to report people for exploiting / cheating. They’re too afraid to whip out the ban button because it can damage their public image and lose subscribers (i.e. money).

I am reassured to find I’m not THE ONLY person who has noticed a similarity to how certain developers have handled the support and community aspects of their respective products. One wonders if lessons will be learned and arrogance dispensed with or if history will repeat itself.

The big difference with Anet is they actually talk to their players (and they talk to them like they’re actual real people). In SWTOR, Bioware would slap in class nerfs on the PTR and there could be twenty forum posts about it and they wouldn’t say a word. Getting an answer out of them was like pulling teeth.

Anet had another advantage because they were still in development when SWTOR was out so they learned a lot from their mistakes.

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: OrigJoker.1870

OrigJoker.1870

After playing BG and hearing about all the “hacks” and “glitchers” that SoS has I was worried this would be an exploit filled matchup but I haven’t noticed 1/4 as much shady stuff as I did when BG was in T1. You guys have good coverage and you play smart along with some of the toughest 1v1 and small team builds I have seen.

Hats off also to JQ also, Lately I think they have been getting discouraged towards the ends of the week and most of them literally stop playing for the last few days but they are pushing hard. If SBI is knocked out of T1 next week then GL to both your servers against BG. As much as I am sick of playing JQ EVERY week for what seems like a year now I would much rather have you guys in T1 than BG.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a lot of the commanders in SBI take a week off next week, Looking at recent posts by some of them it seems like they are just getting burned out on WvW and need a refresh. You guys need to realize that you can’t go 100% all day every day at something and not have it negatively affect you. Being in T1 for this long we don’t get a break, It’s ALWAYS a tough matchup and especially with us being #1 for so long everyone was gunning for us. SoS will have that distinction now and only time will tell how well they hold up but it’s a different game when you are on top.

Great job to all 3 servers this week though no matter how it ends, Lots of huge battles and back and forth made it a fun week. Hopefully once Christmas is out of the way everyone can get back in a groove and get revved up for the WvW update…

GJ/GL/HF to all.

[rB] JoKeR

in WvW

Posted by: Ngamok.9568

Ngamok.9568

Bluebriar flipped Red but all our rams are still sitting on the front gate and no other siege to be found. Hmmmmm. Wonder how that happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Ukiah.9740

Ukiah.9740

The big difference with Anet is they actually talk to their players (and they talk to them like they’re actual real people). In SWTOR, Bioware would slap in class nerfs on the PTR and there could be twenty forum posts about it and they wouldn’t say a word. Getting an answer out of them was like pulling teeth.

Anet had another advantage because they were still in development when SWTOR was out so they learned a lot from their mistakes.

And that’s an entirely accurate statement. I was initially ambivalent about GW2, but after hearing how receptive Anet was to player feedback during the various betas, I was encouraged.

My opinion, and it might be only perception, is that attentiveness is somewhat diminished.

in WvW

Posted by: Flaux.7154

Flaux.7154

Bluebriar flipped Red but all our rams are still sitting on the front gate and no other siege to be found. Hmmmmm. Wonder how that happened.

Did you check the back wall?

I can’t chase you down, stop running away from me!
Swords of Villianousity [SoV] ~ SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Hali.9381

Hali.9381

What is WITH SBI? They constantly let SOS take everything in their map, yet they are so determined to take JQ HILLS and then they get 12 Golems to take Hills from JQ on SOS BL when it has paper gates. Sure they get a point boost for 15 mins, but doesn’t take long for SOS to take all their home towers, and JQ to take their own hills back. All night we focused SOS, it’s like SBI is convinced that they can’t beat SOS. This match should be really close right now but SBI just doesn’t seem to be in the game to win. More like they just have a hate for JQ. Shoot we arn’t even being double teamed ROFL SOS just sits on what they got while SBI ignores them.

GL JQ at this rate we will be #1 if we get a good enough spread on SBI we can put them in tier 2 so they can learn how to play the game again!

Score Update:

SOS 144,759 +290
JQ 121,053 +255
SBI 115,671 +150

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Tarem.4072

Tarem.4072

Did you check the back wall?

I have personally witnessed JQ glitching through the front gate while I was the sole defender of Blue Briar (or whatever it is on SoS borderlands). He walked RIGHT through the gate! It wasn’t just lag because I ran up to the keep lord and he followed and died.

I am not going to call intentional hack because I have no clue, but I do know, that was effed up.

in WvW

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

Lol i think JQ got a held SM for a point tick, maybe 2 if you are being generous. Kinda glad since i am never online for any SM captures and we have it all the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Only way for SoS to survive is they have to earn enough points in US prime time to survive the night.

You guys have zero coverage issues. I get on at 2:30 am EST and you guys are dominating the playing field. This still keeps happening well into the time I get off usually around 5:30 EST.

No coverage issues. You guys are not going to have a problem. The only problem you would have is if SBI and JQ suddenly had their queues filled up 24/7 which has happened in a long time.

Of course we have coverage at Oceanic primetime….

SoS has issues right after Oceanic prime, however. JQ and SBI nearly always outnumber us then, and we often have the outmanned buff. If we had NO coverage problems, we would be 80k in the lead.

Sooo…any Euro or Korean guilds want to join SoS? :P

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah it’s the euro times that we lack coverage. The rest of the day we have great coverage, and Oceanic times we probably have the best coverage in the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

What is WITH SBI? They constantly let SOS take everything in their map, yet they are so determined to take JQ HILLS and then they get 12 Golems to take Hills from JQ on SOS BL when it has paper gates. Sure they get a point boost for 15 mins, but doesn’t take long for SOS to take all their home towers, and JQ to take their own hills back. All night we focused SOS, it’s like SBI is convinced that they can’t beat SOS. This match should be really close right now but SBI just doesn’t seem to be in the game to win. More like they just have a hate for JQ. Shoot we arn’t even being double teamed ROFL SOS just sits on what they got while SBI ignores them.

GL JQ at this rate we will be #1 if we get a good enough spread on SBI we can put them in tier 2 so they can learn how to play the game again!

Score Update:

SOS 144,759 +290
JQ 121,053 +255
SBI 115,671 +150

Well, we did flip Garrison on SoS BL with 15 golems to reset their fully upgraded keep, and then some unmentionable items happened and we wrecked everything JQ had on SoS BL. Had said things not happened from the JQ side our teams would have stayed concentrated on SoS. I would like to have the contact info of a leader or two from JQ if at all possible to have a chat. I also have a couple of things that I would like to share in regards to recent events. I won’t go further in to detail on this public forum. I don’t think I have been this disappointed in game play displayed tonight in years. Yes, those were my trebs facing the JQ spawn from the SE Tower and SE Sup camp and sorry for those that were innocent on that BL this evening, I know you guys were just coming off of an outmanned buff.

Oh and I PM’ed you the complete reasoning you can share with your servermates. I’ll let you guys sort the rest.

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

(edited by Jedbacca.6297)

in WvW

Posted by: sil.4160

sil.4160

With the talk of sbi/jq cheating/exploiting to capture towers/keep, I was a bit worried, but good thing theres none of that during the time I was on. There was none of this during tier2.

in WvW

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

JQ did you guys get an influx of players? I’ve noticed a drastic difference in playstyle and the amount of coverage that you guys have over the past week.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

JQ did you guys get an influx of players? I’ve noticed a drastic difference in playstyle and the amount of coverage that you guys have over the past week.

Just a little change-up in our strategy. No major transfers this week besides one oceanic guild.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Yama.9376

Yama.9376

Score Update:

SOS 144,759 +290
JQ 121,053 +255
SBI 115,671 +150

I know SBI has had that same feeling many times with JQ. “If only JQ would take something”, in many matchups.

You guys had a nice push this week, THIS week.

GG

Zibzab [sOLo]
SBI Thug

Zibzab SBI
Pnt N Lol at Bndwgn Zerg Server[sOLo]
Zergling Hunter [ZILF]

in WvW

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

This. So much this. SoS have fought against DEVS many times, and each time they exploit. Then they move servers and we fight them again.

I have never heard or seen this guild before until that video. They definitely aren’t a part of normal JQ WvW or a part of the server community.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: TLSolomon.6083

TLSolomon.6083

@ Covergirl.

Exploiting is something that frustrates all servers involved. At first I was like “who really feels the need to cheat in a video game to win”, but I have now come to realize most of the people do it for the lulz and because they can, not to win.

AoS has a zero tolerance policy for cheating, exploiting, or anything of the sort. We want to be a guild that is respected for good, hard, honest fights. With that being said, I cant imagine that any of our people – in front of a whole zerg, 15+ guildies, the whole SBI team standing at thier zone in, and one of our commanders – would risk going up there. Im hoping what you saw was a mesmer clone, or mistaken identity in the chaos. I was at that fight, thats me with swirling winds on our treb /wave, and I try to keep an eye out for my guildies. The only two people I remember being in that spot were a mesmer and an ele. Most of our thiefs run in that annoying yak killing intercepter group. I dont know if any of our leaders have contacted you, but I just thought I would put ^ out there.

Its been a great battle this week. Someone lit a firecracker under JQs butts and we are fighting very hard! The next two days should be interesting, we all know SBI can close 50k gaps in a short time when they want to. GL to everyone!

Holy

in WvW

Posted by: Hali.9381

Hali.9381

I was co-leading on the map while this was happening we were told that we had used a golem to take briar no one knew what those guys were up to and do not condone it at all it ended up screwing us both over since it took the pressure off of SOS.

The reason both SBI and JQ have been successful is we both have a desire to be first not to settle for 2nd.

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Same question I ask every week. What is the purpose of keeping score, if there are no awards?

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

Same question I ask every week. What is the purpose of keeping score, if there are no awards?

For glory and for the horde.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I enjoy pvp, the tactics and fighting against other players.

Don’t get me wrong I kind of agree with you, first I do it for fun but I would like to see Anet bring in ranks + titles asap. grunt, rookie, captain all the way up to some grandmaster of combat (or something like that) scaling exponentially in xp/kills needed.

Maybe some kind of trophy cabinet for tasks completed in WvW, medals, dogtags (scalps) – (yes I’m a big battlefield fan but I also chased down rewards and unlocks in that game, it worked)

in WvW

Posted by: Guild Wars Fan.3249

Guild Wars Fan.3249

you might as well ask “what is the point of playing video games?”, and if you can’t answer that question, you shouldn’t be playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

SoS, very impressive work this week. Just wanted to put it out there. All of these servers seem to be playing competitively well. .

@ Original joker, miss ya and hope you guys are doing well up here.

Always welcomed back to DH if things change in future. Best of luck to all in the coming week, just wanted to pop in and take a peak how this battle was going

~Xgammon [RE], Darkhaven

Answer – the purpose of keeping score is to completely bloat my personal ego and it helps my hammer hit harder, my sword cut deeper, and my spells explode larger and longer. Kidding, sorta.

Ask yourself how you will retain tier’s and brackets if you have no score? Everything is not monetarily rewarded. If that is what you are after, you should pve, kill an enemy = get a reward (may be crappy, but you got your reward). Or sPVP. We have worlds/servers … we need some means to manage them.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Answer – the purpose of keeping score is to completely bloat my personal ego and it helps my hammer hit harder, my sword cut deeper, and my spells explode larger and longer. Kidding, sorta.

Ask yourself how you will retain tier’s and brackets if you have no score? Everything is not monetarily rewarded. If that is what you are after, you should pve, kill an enemy = get a reward (may be crappy, but you got your reward). Or sPVP. We have worlds/servers … we need some means to manage them.

Agreed!

@OP
The reward is the same – enjoyment. I play to have fun – thats the only reason we play (unless we’re being forced to play for some other reason). In WvW the score serves the purpose of determining a ‘winner’. Whether that means anything to anyone else is irrelevant. I could say that I don’t care about the score and that for me ‘winning’ is getting to grief other players in the JP, or by spawn-camping them. Does it matter? Nope.

It could be that the score allows me to gloat and lord it over the other server when we beat them or that I get a sense of achievement from any of the aforementioned reasons.

The score measures one aspect of the game – the ability of each server to control/hold set objectives over time. Whether it is useful to me or not is irrelevant. It is there and is the only visible/concrete measure we have. There have been numerous threads discussing it and how it should work and thats where this discussion should happen – its not going to magically fix anything by having the discussion in this thread.

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

Latest score report…as of now

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Great fights all. AT one point last night there were 2"speaking" SoS players on a map in our last Location, Hills.

Thank you “Drop Bears” guild for sending 5 out to make a spirited defence against a well drilled and talented offence.

I am loving the fights and congratulate the 3 man teams that stayed on harrassing the camps once we were thrown out of the keep. Good stuff all!

If JQ/SBI wins this week, they will have earned it!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

You’d be suprised just how often I log in and see that SoS is outmanned and JQ and SBI are storming back over us slowly but not as aggressive as you’d think they would be with the advantage. We manage to hold what we can when we are outmanned tho.

Shhh!

in WvW

Posted by: mrochon.8765

mrochon.8765

Its not “JQ exploiting” it’s [DEVS] exploiting. JQ does not promote or condone exploiting. They are a great server to fight against and many great guilds I love to fight every night.

There are so many reports and screenies and clips of [DEVS] exploiting and hacking over the past couple of months I am amazed they even still have accounts. Plus they’ve been on several servers, they just happen to be on JQ right now.

Ok. I have watched the video and have noticed a few things. Aside from your use of some very offense language, I did notice several players running up to the tower, there is a long pause and later, there are a few elite DEVS players rushing to successfully kill you and your tower lord. I spoke to my top Lieutenant about the video. I was told he led the DEVS behind the tower and around to the front gate, which was open. I know you were very excited about what you think you “caught” on video, but your video does not prove ANYTHING that supports your claims of hacking/exploiting/etc. I’m sorry.

Joose Buckaloose
Pink Monkeys [DEVS]
God among Thieves and QQ Instigator

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

I want to reach out to our fellow server mates and simply say that we love you all. DEVS (Pink Monkeys) wants to promote a wonderfull gaming experience for all. I would like to point out that we mainly PvE and rarely PvP. In fact, most of us cannot even play our classes. We just want to be loved by all and really, really, really care what everyone thinks. You are hurting our feelings and I am crying as I type every word.

Thanks,

Malf (worst thief ever)
DEVS

in WvW

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

I disagree with this. It might have been like that at one point prior to release, but nowadays, ArenaNet is no different than any other developer when it comes to discussing stuff with its players. SOE, of all companies, have done an absolutely amazing job of maintaining a line of communication with their players. It puts attempts like ANet has done to shame.

in WvW

ComeAndSee.1356

Score 7:19 PM EST.

Attachments:

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in WvW

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

Wondo, I would also like to offer you a pro-tip. learn to not be clicker.

Thanks for a PRO TIP FROM A SUPER ELITE PLAYER. so elite that you can’t seem to use the basic rules everyone else on your server uses like using siege to get into towers.

i was busy writing down your guilds races and gear so yes i was clicking

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014

in WvW

Posted by: Tali.4259

Tali.4259

It’s ok, I made sure to PM it to him as well incase it gets removed before he sees it. I think we’re all looking forward to his very obviously trollish back peddling on this one. I mean, what better way to scream, “I R baddie n I support teh exploitz”?

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

lol….I’m waiting with baited breath for that response!!! no, wait…you must have photoshop’d it!

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

JQ is really bringing it this week. I feel like they might be able to take the top spot this time..

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: Baelish.9850

Baelish.9850

Hey guys! New footage of DEVS! We just had this sent in from an anonymous source. It’s apparently the ‘meeting that took place between the GM and his liutenant’. You can see some of the ‘elite players’ skimpily dressed in the background.

Strike Force Commander
Stormbluff Isle
Toons: Monstadon, Blood and Shadow

in WvW

Posted by: zazu.2836

zazu.2836

Hey guys! New footage of DEVS! We just had this sent in from an anonymous source. It’s apparently the ‘meeting that took place between the GM and his liutenant’. You can see some of the ‘elite players’ skimpily dressed in the background.

You made my evening!

~Zazu Mizo~
Strike Force [SF] – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

IComeInPeace.1768

DEVS are loved by all. Anyone want to duel ? from SF or PRX or WM or CRNG? Im bored of all PvE that I do.

Dont alt f4 though… Please – I need to add to my 15k badges and 28k WvW kills. And I dont zerg. QQ

Malf
The One You Love
DEVS

in WvW

Posted by: Xyanide.8650

Xyanide.8650

awwww they are not good thieves. they being caught and frapsed

[Ele]Sereniah/[Nec]Xyanade
[NöPë] from Stormbluff Isle
In morte ultima veritas

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

I think our guild is gonna be fully infracted soon, see the rest of you on the forums in a week

in WvW

IComeInPeace.1768

AWWWW. Can anyone beat me 1v1? Hasnt happened yet. For that matter 2v1.

in WvW

Jedbacca.6297

I concede to your skill set, you are completely right. I will see if Anet can refund me my 100 gold for my commander tag and I will give it to you for your undefeated record. My apologies for the video that was also clearly photoshopped and falsely accusing you and your compatriots of any form of illegitimate game play.

Forum moderators, we were completely in the wrong and suck at 1v1, I say our punishment will have to start with the removal of all of our posts. The DEVS guild is an upstanding team and deserve to have their name cleared and honored with a title of #1 Thieves guild in GW2. They are a team that I should take an example from and learn how to 1v1 in a team based strategy world versus world battle that requires tactics.

Again, my apologies for assisting in the tarnishing of the server hopping team that clearly has a reputation among reputations.

in WvW

IComeInPeace.1768

I second that!! Thanks!! SF

in WvW

IComeInPeace.1768

Sounds like you have alot of time on your hands. Your kind words only bring inspiration when I 1v5 you. Thanks again for your kind words, please continue….

Malf
SF HR Officer

in WvW

Posted by: Raehvyn.4530

Raehvyn.4530

I ran through like 30 SoS, behind their siege, and dropped my portal exit and began shouting portal.

No one at QL took it, instead they elected to get slaughtered by siege weapons. This is why I think we no longer deserve to be in T1 and really need to rework how we do stuff. We facerolled to T1, owned it, then lost everything that made us good.

On top of WM’s huge losses and all the other losses to other games because no love for WvW til Febuary.

[NoPe] Jello Gangsta Cosby.Cute Lil Pookiebear
“Check your inbox. Infractions for everyone!” – Oprah

in WvW

Guild Wars Fan.3249

^see that? To any parents out there… this is what happens when you don’t keep track of your kids. After school programs and/or nannies are the best bet.

So. As you watch this ignoramus ‘icomeinpeace’ troll… realize its just a child crying out for help.

And ask yourself. “It’s after 3pm. Do you know where YOUR children are?”

In this country, thousands of mentally-deficient kids are left alone to play online games everyday. Without supervision… they usually grow up to be the guy who shot up the Batman movie.

Please. Donate today to the “feed the trolls foundation”. For every gold you donate, a troll will be given access to sunlight, exercise, and sometimes an actual friend.

Thank you. This PSA is brought to you by Strike Force. Hide your kids, Hide your wife.

lol…who do I send the cheque to!?…this is the ‘feed the trolls foundation" aka “bribe ANet to ban DEVS for life” fund isn’t it?

mind you, if we ban them for life, who will we 1 v entire-DEV-guild roflstomp?