Which Guild is most powerful in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

As far as best guild/server I wonder who would win between Vizunah Square and Jade Quarry right now I bet it would be an awesome week of WvW. Both server have been T1 forever.

Jade quary got better coverage then vizunah, they would win cause numbers.
In term of strategy, peak only ,jade quary would lose vs few Eu servers.

I would have to agree that Viz are the most organized server of all, i was told they have 1 teamspeak of 400+ people for their primetimes. Thats gotta take a lot of organization and dedication to pull off, and it shows in their weekly performances.

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

As for the strongest WvW guild, I would have to vote Red Guard very powerful guild they do very well. Other guilds that may come in as the next best(s) is PRX,SF,VoTF,and TSym. Just my personal opinon though.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

As far as best guild/server I wonder who would win between Vizunah Square and Jade Quarry right now I bet it would be an awesome week of WvW. Both server have been T1 forever.

i dont think Jade quarry would win, cos VS will use every trick, legal and illegal to WIN,
that is why everybody who fights them, hates them.

and even astonishing is, they are a single timezone server, unlike NA servers.

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

[EMP] on Jade Quarry imo

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Posted by: Profanity.8016

Profanity.8016

^ [EMP] for sure

in WvW

salluks.6017

didnt EMP lose 5-0 against Votf?

proof here
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/80025-tier-1-gvg-emptsym-hb-votf/

in WvW

Posted by: Hecksa.7140

Hecksa.7140

fivekiller did say “on Jade Quarry” to be fair. So yeah, Votf beat them convincingly, but they don’t play on JQ, so…

That doesn’t answer why “best guild on JQ” is relevant to the thread, but, eh.

Not Matter (Mesmer) – [RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Me and my mighty guild of three pretend to play dead and then we bite your ankles off … /nod.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I normally don’t respond to these threads, but having played a fair share of guilds, not all, but a “fair share,” I think I can say with 100 percent certainty that HB is the best guild in game. Their knowledge and ability in open field, defense/offense are really just impressive to behold and I would think alot of guilds would want to emulate that. Plus, they have alot of class.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Meh. EMP is a very good guild at what they do, which is defending. You can argue siege bla bla, but we still have the most hassle when attempting to take a keep off EMP than any other guild, at least in NA t1.

Most good guilds have already been named, so I would have nothing new to add to the list.

I will say one thing though, stop bring up GW1 GvG. Unless any of you here was actually a top 10 player in GW1 for more than just 1 month, then comparing GW1 GvG to what we have here is an insult.

The open field battles here are interesting and certainly have their own gameplay, but its only just a case of initiating, hitting all your skills and dodging. What you should keep in mind that being “good and skillful” doesnt just mean having good micro with your class. GW1 GvG was so much more than just hitting your buttons, it had map objectives which required intelligence and thought which far exceeds anything GW2 wvw or GvG has to offer.

And thats why dictating who the best guild is based solely on who wipes who more is stupid, because even in GW1 this wasnt the case, smarter players always outplayed players with good class micro, because in real pvp, brains matter more than who hits the keyboard harder.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Jet.4795

Jet.4795

In my opinon best guild on JQ would be Strike Force.

Ben Sheets Reborn
Phoenixes Reborn [PR] Commander
“Never give up till the last man is down!”

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

i dont think Jade quarry would win, cos VS will use every trick, legal and illegal to WIN,

Very much disagree.

WvW is all about coverage. If you were on NA than you would understand how stacked JQ really is. They have ZERO coverage gaps. All BL’s have queues practically in all time zones.

VZ may be able to kill JQ in their primetime but that means absolutely nothing when JQ can night cap it for 12 hours at 400+ ppt.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

salluks.6017

Very much disagree.

WvW is all about coverage. If you were on NA than you would understand how stacked JQ really is. They have ZERO coverage gaps. All BL’s have queues practically in all time zones.

VZ may be able to kill JQ in their primetime but that means absolutely nothing when JQ can night cap it for 12 hours at 400+ ppt.

what do u think VZ has been doing for the past 7 months?

they nightcap with 600+ points in tier 1.. and u know why i say VZ will beat JQ?
cos they use tactics that other teams dont even dream about( i could give details, but the moderator will remove the post).
just check tier 1 EU thread for their “tactics”

but this thread isn’t about that, so lets not derail it.

(edited by salluks.6017)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Very much disagree.

they nightcap with 600+ points in tier 1.. and u know why i say VZ will beat JQ?
cos they use tactics that other teams dont even dream about( i could give details, but the moderator will remove the post).

600+ ppt in EU is most likely very different than NA. Do EU’s even have Aussie/NA/SEA/Oceanic guilds? From what I have read, VZ just stays up to cover their gaps. That is completely different from NA servers where we have multiple 500 member guilds as night crews.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: BigJustin.3728

BigJustin.3728

The one with gears and fruit.

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

I will say one thing though, stop bring up GW1 GvG. Unless any of you here was actually a top 10 player in GW1 for more than just 1 month, then comparing GW1 GvG to what we have here is an insult.

This. SDS (Seven Deadly Sins) was a top 50 guild and just being in the top 50 was brutal. The competitive difference between GvG and WvW is like day and night. It does a disservice to the hardcore GvGers of old.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

i’ve seen a lot of reference to [HB] and i’m not sure who they are. if the [HB] mentioned here is Herfølge Boldclub and they still have a fair share of their members of 9 -12 years ago, i’m sure they are a force to be reckoned with.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

(edited by muylaetrix.2096)

in WvW

salluks.6017

Very much disagree.

600+ ppt in EU is most likely very different than NA. Do EU’s even have Aussie/NA/SEA/Oceanic guilds? From what I have read, VZ just stays up to cover their gaps. That is completely different from NA servers where we have multiple 500 member guilds as night crews.

how does it matter if NA/SEA or whoever plays as long as u cover 24 hrs, which VS does on EU at least by a strech. but i guess we wont know until they face each other,
but for now, as it stands VS is has a far better record than any server including Jade quarry and it doesn’t look like they will be replaced anytime soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

Talons on FA is a great open field guild, just as good as some of the others I have seen mentioned here. At some point it becomes very difficult to measure this because there are no real benchmarks.

in WvW

Posted by: Miiaah.5416

Miiaah.5416

i’ve seen a lot of reference to [HB] and i’m not sure who they are. if the [HB] mentioned here is Herfølge Boldclub and they still have a fair share of their members of 9 -12 years ago, i’m sure they are a force to be reckoned with.

That would be them

Blackgate
Mesmer/Warrior/Thief/ele

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

That would be them

Brommix and Alpha still play ?

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Posted by: thewanderer.8561

thewanderer.8561

whoever can abuse the culling the most, turn down your fps to 1, make your skills pop out late and unable to move, and furthermore make your comp explode, that would be the best guild imo.

on the other hand, all this talk about who’s the best guilds are, are null in my opinion since there hasn’t really been a real gvg tournament at the moment. WvW cant be used as a judging platform as who’s the best guild there is in terms of skills since there’s numerous factors involved.. especially gear.. level… food buff and other stuff. For all we know this so called ‘best’ guilds handicapped their opponents before the battle even began. Or maybe they fought in a rather uneven battlefield. But who knows, no one’s there credible enough to vouch for them. You don’t see an Anet GM saying this guild owned this guild. So unless Anet sets up a formal GvG tournament and fight under Anet’s terms fair and square, no one’s really the best guild here. Unless there’s a way someone can tally successful portal bombs culling abuse and turtle tactics.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Would have been FoE and VotF, the only 2 guilds who consistantly beat the other big dogs while running only a max of 20-25.

Overall, VotF are currently the top guild in tier 1 since RG left

No, just no.

Both parts I quoted are inaccurate. I am not trying to be disrespectful to those guilds, really, but you are way off base with your claims.

in WvW

covenn.7165

In my opinon best guild on JQ would be Strike Force.

Currently on JQ, I would agree. I enjoy fighting them when they stay on the map with us.

in WvW

covenn.7165

Unless you’re from SoR?

Yes, SoR. I missed the fun.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

EMP has probably lost a lot of fights to VOTF. i’ve also seen EMP wipe VOTF many times.

these are both excellent guilds with a lot of great players.

take any great guild like HB, VOTF, EMP, RG..
they are gonna win some and lose some, thats just how it goes.

all worthy of respect.

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

covenn.7165

tons of fights with EMP tonight. I enjoy them and I am glad you never give up, that is the mark of true warriors.

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

I’ve played both with and against RG and haven’t met a similarly steamrolling guild yet. While you could say omg they don’t cap, no points game, etc, they do help others with capping.
Some of the old Blacktide guilds were pretty nice too (though i think a fair amount are inactive and/or changed core now), and I’ve heard a lot of good about the Piken Square guilds.

I’ve been told GH is on par with RG, but haven’t seen enough of them yet.

Haven been on break for a month or 2 and only recently started logging on occasionally again so not very up to date with things.

(edited by Genev.2450)

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

tons of fights with EMP tonight. I enjoy them and I am glad you never give up, that is the mark of true warriors.

same to you!

i know every time my server or group fights TW, when we come out ahead you guys are going to run right back and give it your all!

TW’s dedication and ability to weather tough times and keep fighting both with and without friends at their back has really helped your server out. That guild’s die hard attitude really shows.

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

Depends. Some really good guilds like BNF i mentioned above don’t got the numbers to do something like 20vs20. But i honestly think they could destroy RG in a 3vs3 or similar.

this is talking about guilds, 3 people is hardly considered a guild

So many guild’s, so many server’s, kinda impossible to ever say who best WvW guild is, and people come and go from game so guild strengh goes up and down. would have to have a GvG and league (like a football league) each guild have couple fights each to ever get your answer, but at the same time, if its GvG its not realy WvW, many factors come into WvW, can have 2 guilds going fro gold against each other and then swarmed by randoms just running by

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

(edited by Cheechglg.8734)

in WvW

Posted by: Kissbel.3475

Kissbel.3475

i Been in many guilds, But in The one I am Now is the most organize and more dominate guild i have seen. we wipe any number with few numbers and capture anything. we have great commanders in the guild. Everyone listens everyone play their roles. Usually after a day or two people just run from our name tag [FEAR]

Arelis Caba [FEAR] mesmer pro
(Sanctum of Rall)
I Speak for my Self not my Guildies

in WvW

covenn.7165

same to you!

i know every time my server or group fights TW, when we come out ahead you guys are going to run right back and give it your all!

When that happens the first time, I guarantee you that we will be proud to follow your example and tenacious attitude. You have really set a gold standard that should be followed by all.

in WvW

fivekiller.1432

same to you!

When that happens the first time, I guarantee you that we will be proud to follow your example and tenacious attitude. You have really set a gold standard that should be followed by all.

lol, you are a funny fellow.

i’ve never been defeated either.. should we ever meet on the field no doubt the battle would be eternal!

-Desirz Matheon

(edited by fivekiller.1432)

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Brommix and Alpha still play ?

Brommix and Alpha both stopped playing in Warhammer. We still got some of the founders playing, and like 50% of the EU guys are people that´s been with us since DAoC.

My answer to the op would be RG for open field fights without a doubt.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

What do you see as powerful? Also it’s extremely hard to judge when you can’t possibly have played against all the guilds around in the game. Edit: I also don’t really want to name any of the current guilds on my own server, though there are some that I consider to be very strong, in a multitude of ways, over on Seafarer’s Rest at the moment.

From a viewpoint of who I’ve probably enjoyed the most fighting alongside, it’d have to be PRX. Those guys had some great little tactics when it came to offensive siege warfare, could hold their own in battle, and were very approachable (friendly), inspiring and including towards the PuG players, when they stopped by on Seafarer’s Rest for a time.

How they are to fight against, I have no idea about, but the ability to inspire and include others outside of your own guild, is a merit I respect a lot, and consider a large “power”-attribute, more so than who can wipe the opposite group/zerg/bus/blob/truck/train.

Best wishes to all of them.

As for a guild to be reckoned with when it comes personal experience of crossing their path and being on the receiving end, Red Guard [RG]. They can be taken out as any other guild, but are consistent at the opposite and very good at what they do. They are a force that probably puts fear into most other guilds that play against them. It’s not that rare to hear their guild name specifically called out as a danger warning to get everyone into their A-game, “Careful, Red Guard!”

Their individual members are also rather well versed in the game, and seriously hard to kill when you on occasions run across them and get some 1 vs. 1 fights on your hands.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

Where ever i am in… if you see me it’s too late ;3

Reaper – Anguîsh

in WvW

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

In European T1 : KAZ, MoS, WL.

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Can’t think of anyone being even remotely close to how skilled/dedicated Red Guard is.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

It’s a shame Za Drots is only mentioned 2 times in this entire thread. They are insanely powerful and do both the combat and the capping part of GW2 very well – they are one of the primary reasons that Seafarer’s Rest has such a strong weekend push.

Many props to them.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

RG is best in openfield combat, no doubt.

Other guilds that are really good: Za Drots, GH, KAZ (for EU)

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Elwin.2583

Elwin.2583

It’s a shame Za Drots is only mentioned 2 times in this entire thread. They are insanely powerful and do both the combat and the capping part of GW2 very well – they are one of the primary reasons that Seafarer’s Rest has such a strong weekend push.

Many props to them.

most of answers here are from US, and only RG have benn there from EU guilds so ;p

Elwini lvl 80 Guardian of Kwisatz Haderach[KH]
Piken Square 28 August 2012 – 10 february 2013
Tarnished Coast since 10 feb 2013

in WvW

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

ITT: People list what guild they’re in.

Anet make Rev great again.

in WvW

Intigo.1653

ITT: People list what guild they’re in.

Who did that besides a few people kidding?

Many props to them.

most of answers here are from US, and only RG have benn there from EU guilds so ;p

I see loads of EU responses! RG was only in US Tier 1 for a single week, surely that doesn’t count for very much.

in WvW

salluks.6017

Yea, ZD’s is severely underrated, they were one of the last guilds to leave FSP to SFR.

in WvW

Posted by: Bren.9320

Bren.9320

Yea, ZD’s is severely underrated, they were one of the last guilds to leave FSP to SFR.

ZD’s are very good, problem we had when facing them was time difference, their primetime started a lot earlier, and when we finally get our prime time performance running, their WvW event already ends and they leave BL. Would love to face ZDs in our own primetime one day,

Breny |IRON| Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

I normally don’t respond to these threads, but having played a fair share of guilds, not all, but a “fair share,” I think I can say with 100 percent certainty that HB is the best guild in game. Their knowledge and ability in open field, defense/offense are really just impressive to behold and I would think alot of guilds would want to emulate that. Plus, they have alot of class.

Well I’m happy to inform you that HB is the guild that copied Red Guard’s playstyle open field.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Well I’m happy to inform you that HB is the guild that copied Red Guard’s playstyle open field.

We did what? Back when we were fighting RG on the EU servers, we were using 2 very different strats. After their week on the JQ, where we had the chance to fight them once again, we´ve changed 5 points in a trait line and thats it. Our playbook is still the same, our class composition is still the same and our skills are still the same.

RG has a 100% focus on open field fights, where as HB are just as focused on the campaign. That leaves us with 2 very different goals, and because of that it has to be very different strats. RG showed us their strength in terms of open field fights, but as long as we
have focus on the campaign, we cant change our setup to be more skirmish focused.

Please tell me what it is we copied?

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

(edited by Smokee.1754)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

The guilds that are most powerful in this game are the ones that can win by clumping up together and spamming autoattack.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Intigo.1653

The guilds that are most powerful in this game are the ones that can win by clumping up together and spamming autoattack.

An uninformed and silly conclusion to draw, but hey – whatever makes you feel good.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

The more people involved in a fight, the less it becomes about micro-managing your skills (quickly reacting to an enemy action) and more about positioning and build composition (which is important, of course).

You really can’t even begin to compare 5v5, 10v10, and 30v30 in this game since they are entirely different things.

BTW, when I put one of these —> it means that I’m not being entirely serious.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies