Which Guild is most powerful in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I normally don’t respond to these threads, but having played a fair share of guilds, not all, but a “fair share,” I think I can say with 100 percent certainty that HB is the best guild in game. Their knowledge and ability in open field, defense/offense are really just impressive to behold and I would think alot of guilds would want to emulate that. Plus, they have alot of class.

Well I’m happy to inform you that HB is the guild that copied Red Guard’s playstyle open field.

Open field dominance is only 1 part of what would make a guild “the best.” I also measure a guilds ability to place siege, counter siege, scouting, opportunity awareness, judging enemy strengths and weaknesses, and ability to change strategy on the fly when the map changes, even if it means pulling out when allready committed to a high point target. HB is the closest to that total package •that I have seen•.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Tier 1 top guilds in wvw …. ?
SoR : TW,Choo,Hel?
JQ : Foo,PRX,RedGuard?
SoS: Tsym,VOTF?

^ This is the perfect example of a forum fanboi who lists the guilds that get talked about without knowing anything at all.
(NA)
SoR – Choo by a long stretch. TW aint bad either.
JQ – SF by a long stretch. No idea why PRX even get a mention, they go splat 90% of the time to any of the guilds in this list unless they have the whole map running with them.
SoS – Would have been FoE and VotF, the only 2 guilds who consistantly beat the other big dogs while running only a max of 20-25. The exception would be SF which can go either way every time, at least against FoE but probably not against VotF.

Overall, VotF are currently the top guild in tier 1 since RG left

Everything except I would argue Choo and VotF are probably tied for #1.

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Having been run over by the HB truck more than once (in company of guildies), I would have to say they are very good at what they do. On Kaineng, the closest to HB we have are WM, RE, and possibly CO. HB has been known to portal bomb their zerg into an opponent (a tactic common in T1/2). When I see multiple HB tags, I run.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Portal bombs are common in every bracket.

/rolling eyes

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

whoever can abuse the culling the most, turn down your fps to 1, make your skills pop out late and unable to move, and furthermore make your comp explode, that would be the best guild imo.

on the other hand, all this talk about who’s the best guilds are, are null in my opinion since there hasn’t really been a real gvg tournament at the moment. WvW cant be used as a judging platform as who’s the best guild there is in terms of skills since there’s numerous factors involved.. especially gear.. level… food buff and other stuff. For all we know this so called ‘best’ guilds handicapped their opponents before the battle even began. Or maybe they fought in a rather uneven battlefield. But who knows, no one’s there credible enough to vouch for them. You don’t see an Anet GM saying this guild owned this guild. So unless Anet sets up a formal GvG tournament and fight under Anet’s terms fair and square, no one’s really the best guild here. Unless there’s a way someone can tally successful portal bombs culling abuse and turtle tactics.

so the tactics of how and when to find and kill the enemy and making sure their members knows how to gear and play their class is not at all part of a good guild?! 1v1 skill cant be seen, but guild tactics and organization can be shown for what its worth in WvW, now it wont be as clear as in a SPvP match, but thats not what we are playing, we are playing WvW so the best ones here are the best ones here.

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

VOTF, RG, HB (in that order)… they were all in NA T1 and all on different servers.

I watched VOTF destroy everyone they went up against, it didn’t matter if they were outnumbered either. Their commanders were amazing and would sometimes split up to take control of multiple maps.

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

The guilds that are most powerful in this game are the ones that can win by clumping up together and spamming autoattack.

Clumping together, confusion, hammer, retal, whatever trains are easy to break.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I watched VOTF destroy everyone they went up against, it didn’t matter if they were outnumbered either.

Interesting. I have a completely different perspective on that. Like opposite.

everyone is also the wrong word to use. Most is fair, but everyone is just wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

The guilds that are most powerful in this game are the ones that can win by clumping up together and spamming autoattack.

Clumping together, confusion, hammer, retal, whatever trains are easy to break.

Actually, considering the latest guild zerg versus guild zerg video – running around in circles mostly using autoattack seems to work well. As long as the autoattack is AoE, of course. Power necros need not apply!

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Missik.7302

Missik.7302

RG has been the most threatening guild I have ever faced as a BG member.
Also, I have enjoyed fighting against Choo, VoTF, EMP, CDS, PRX.
I like that each guild has it’s own strategies, strengths and weaknesses. So, it is not fair to say that one guild is superior. it is all about enjoying the fight and having fun

most the time, it goes like:
Guild 1 dominates Guild 2 (due to G1 strengths are G2 weaknesses)=not fun
Guild 2 beats Guild 3 (due to G2 strengths are G3 weaknesses)=not fun
Guild 3 stands strong against Guild 1 (Since G1 strengths are not G3 weaknesses)=fun because they enjoyed the fight against each other.

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

I think it is hard to judge the most powerful guild. Very few of the top guilds face each other at their peak strength. What is more is we are all going to be a bit biased. Then you have to account for what kind of resistance the guilds are really facing. I mean lets face it any decent guild vs a bunch of pugs will be a slaughter fest. If you watch youtube most of the guild videos are just their guild slaughtering a large zerg of pugs which makes them look much better than they are. But in any case I’ll give my two cents.

I believe it was the SoR’s first full day in T1 when we ran into VoTF. When we first ran into them I was amazed by the way they had almost a full server worth of people in such a well coordinated guild group. It was not something we were use to dealing with. HB was the only guild who tried to do that in T2 and honestly they were no where near as big as VoTF or as well coordinated. However after a few hours we figured out how to fight VoTF even with 2-3:1 odds. And we were even able to take on 30 of them with nothing more than a bunch of pugs and a commander who didn’t understand English the next day. So while I do think VoTF is a very good guild top 5 on the American servers. I can’t say they are the best. Redguard and Foo I cant judge your skill as I have never gone up against you. TSym, PRX are mostly about their zerg size, very easy to deal with most of the time. SF, Hmmm what to say about SF…. They get talked about a lot, probably because they stream their raids. I would like to say they live up to the hype but they don’t. They are good but they are more about the numbers than skill. I have been seeing a lot of confusion spam from them lately which is a decent tactic but easy to counter. I would rate them between VoTF and PRX/TSym. They put more tactic into their group than those two but without their numbers they are little more than a speed bump much like PRX.

TW is probably my top ranked guild. (At the very least they are the best NA timezone guild) Reason being they only run with about 25 members. However they still roll groups twice their size. What is more they work very well with the other guilds in the zone as well as making very good use of the pugs in the zone. They make any zone they are in about as well coordinated as if a single guild was in the zone.

Choo is SoR’s Version for VoTF. Massive guild good tactics. I hardly ever run with them and have never fought them so I cant really compare which one is better. But I think if they were to go head to head it would be a good match up.
CDS – A good guild depending who is leading. Hel is a lot like TW only they don’t rally the pugs like TW does.

I know AGG and FoE were in T1 until last week but I only ran into them a few times and I really didn’t get a good feeling on them. I liked AGG’s Video about BG not being prepared when they got into t1 but honestly when we ran into AGG I was not very impressed with the 30-40 of them 20 of us ran into and wiped up pretty easily. But we did catch them off guard and that was the only real engagement I had with them. As for FoE…. All I can say is 8 golems, 2-3 Omegas and they couldn’t take garrison from no more than 30 pugs and no commander? Maybe they are better in EB but again I was not very impressed with them.

I would also like to point out that IMO T1 zerg vs zerg fights are more about who catches who off guard and abuses the culling more lol. I don’t know what it was like before the recent culling changes or without the current portal restrictions but that is what it boils down to now it seems.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

(edited by Fixeon.5076)

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

I know AGG and FoE were in T1 until last week but I only ran into them a few times and I really didn’t get a good feeling on them. I liked AGG’s Video about BG not being prepared when they got into t1 but honestly when we ran into AGG I was not very impressed with the 30-40 of them 20 of us ran into and wiped up pretty easily. But we did catch them off guard and that was the only real engagement I had with them.

This never happened, sorry. Simply because you never saw a group of “30-40”

I agree with what you said about TW, but your bias clearly shines through. But I guess thats what this thread is about.

VotF are the best in T1 though. Theres my bias, but I challenge anyone to prove it wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Over 20 – Red guard
10-20 VII

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Vizunah as a server is..they will do anything to win. Anybody who ever faced them will vouch for it.

True story, and it really is anything… except when it comes to fighting… they seem to run away a lot. ;D

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Meh. EMP is a very good guild at what they do, which is defending. You can argue siege bla bla, but we still have the most hassle when attempting to take a keep off EMP than any other guild, at least in NA t1.

Most good guilds have already been named, so I would have nothing new to add to the list.

I will say one thing though, stop bring up GW1 GvG. Unless any of you here was actually a top 10 player in GW1 for more than just 1 month, then comparing GW1 GvG to what we have here is an insult.

The open field battles here are interesting and certainly have their own gameplay, but its only just a case of initiating, hitting all your skills and dodging. What you should keep in mind that being “good and skillful” doesnt just mean having good micro with your class. GW1 GvG was so much more than just hitting your buttons, it had map objectives which required intelligence and thought which far exceeds anything GW2 wvw or GvG has to offer.

And thats why dictating who the best guild is based solely on who wipes who more is stupid, because even in GW1 this wasnt the case, smarter players always outplayed players with good class micro, because in real pvp, brains matter more than who hits the keyboard harder.

Well said VoTF!

There are so many dynamics to WvW, some guilds focus primarily on fielding/pushing while other guilds, like ourselves (EMP), focus on the PPT and withholding and innovating our siege/fort defences.

Having the ability to play against strong fielding guilds like : HB, TSYM,TW,VoTF,Choo has not only changed the way we operate on the field, but revolutionize how both elements can play into effect.

In my opinion, a good guild is one that can adapt to change and from what I’ve seen operating with my guild, a guild that has the best response time with a strong objective usually pulls through with great presence. It’s hard to categorize which guilds reigns supreme, but i can list a breakdown of the prime elements.

T1

Best Open Field

• RG
  • VoTF
  • TW
  • FEAR
  • Choo
  • Agg

Best Defense

• Merc
  • One
  • Fire

Well rounded

• Foo
  • EMP
  • PRX
  • SF
  • TSYM
  • CDS
  • OES
  • AoS

-EMP leader
Raw

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

(edited by Rawnoodles.1398)

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

This thread has really devolved into name dropping and petty bickering. I’d like someone to actually address a guild that is the total package and not just “awesome at open field”. I’ve said it before; RG is a fun fight in the open field, but they don’t really take points.

Motion to rename the thread: “Best Projected Guilds at GvG”

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

This thread has really devolved into name dropping and petty bickering. I’d like someone to actually address a guild that is the total package and not just “awesome at open field”. I’ve said it before, RG is a fun fight in the open field, but they don’t really take points.

There’s is no such thing as an overall best guilds. Good guilds get know because of excelling in particular fields, and the RG steamroll is worth a salute. Just as I’m sure quite a few other guilds which get mentioned repeatedly deserve this mention.

On the other hand, I’ve seen a guild mentioned in this thread which is just… yeah, it made me laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: PsychoticWaltz.1768

PsychoticWaltz.1768

Well said VoTF Leader!

Don’t make Aneu mad

Guardian [VoTF] – http://www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Rawnoodles.1398

Rawnoodles.1398

Well said VoTF Leader!

Don’t make Aneu mad

Fixed,

Rawnoodles | Mini Noodles
[ESOL] -Elite Solidarity| Driver|
" Latest Video "

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

This thread has really devolved into name dropping and petty bickering. I’d like someone to actually address a guild that is the total package and not just “awesome at open field”. I’ve said it before, RG is a fun fight in the open field, but they don’t really take points.

There’s is no such thing as an overall best guilds. Good guilds get know because of excelling in particular fields, and the RG steamroll is worth a salute. Just as I’m sure quite a few other guilds which get mentioned repeatedly deserve this mention.

On the other hand, I’ve seen a guild mentioned in this thread which is just… yeah, it made me laugh.

That’s an issue too. This thread is about recognition so I’m not about to trash talk anyone, but I will say that a lot of people are getting acclaim because they are a big-name, well-known guild, not so much for actually being talented.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

(edited by Esoteric.5490)

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

This thread has really devolved into name dropping and petty bickering. I’d like someone to actually address a guild that is the total package and not just “awesome at open field”. I’ve said it before; RG is a fun fight in the open field, but they don’t really take points.

Come to our match up, RG do take points. I’m not part of RG but i think they went to NA just for fights not to take towers and keeps.

RG > all

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Genev.2450

Come to our match up, RG do take points. I’m not part of RG but i think they went to NA just for fights not to take towers and keeps.

RG > all

I love RG, but they ahve no interests in capping anything whatsoever
While they can be part of assaults, it’s not because they want to get whatever it is thats being assaulted, but because “oh, hey, enemies!”, and i imagine it’s the same with defense.

in WvW

Sird.4536

RG > all

While they can be part of assaults, it’s not because they want to get whatever it is thats being assaulted, but because “oh, hey, enemies!”, and i imagine it’s the same with defense.

Nah i have seen these guys take empty towers and less defended keeps etc. I guess they fight when they know the score is ok and take stuff if things are looking grim and they want to stay in the bracket for more fights.

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Genev.2450

RG > all

Nah i have seen these guys take empty towers and less defended keeps etc. I guess they fight when they know the score is ok and take stuff if things are looking grim and they want to stay in the bracket for more fights.

Guess when i played alongside them, there were plenty of other good guilds keeping us up? :p
/duck

(I kid, i kid, don’t kill me)

in WvW

Sird.4536

RG > all

Guess when i played alongside them, there were plenty of other good guilds keeping us up? :p
/duck

(I kid, i kid, don’t kill me)

Well you guys were stacked with guilds xD

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

When the biggest contributing factor to a win is coverage being able to manipulate that coverage is key. Anyone that has participated in a competitive tier matchup will agree.

Groups like RG serve a very important role in WvW, that is morale. Specifically beating the ever living daylight out of the opposition’s morale. A team with less discipline will begin to play frustrated after being continuously and thoroughly wiped which leads to poor decisions and ultimately logging out early. Which leads to larger gaps in coverage that shouldn’t be there, ending in a loss.

Guilds like RG can do this because they operate with a smaller but determined group, meaning that the rest of the map is still operateing separately in full force. So that they can come in behind and take objectives over an already demoralized and defeated opponent.

in WvW

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

French canadians who play on Vizuna server, they carry whole server on their arms and mock whole other part of Europe…

This.

Noone mentioned War Machine…

This game sooo needs GvG. But we all know it won’t happen.

Which is why we make it for ourselves. Not as convenient, sure, but it’s still fun.

That AoE damage spam has more in common with PvE than GvG.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

(edited by Spiuk.8421)

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I believe it was the SoR’s first full day in T1 when we ran into VoTF. When we first ran into them I was amazed by the way they had almost a full server worth of people in such a well coordinated guild group. It was not something we were use to dealing with. HB was the only guild who tried to do that in T2 and honestly they were no where near as big as VoTF or as well coordinated. However after a few hours we figured out how to fight VoTF even with 2-3:1 odds. And we were even able to take on 30 of them with nothing more than a bunch of pugs and a commander who didn’t understand English the next day. So while I do think VoTF is a very good guild top 5 on the American servers. I can’t say they are the best. Redguard and Foo I cant judge your skill as I have never gone up against you. TSym, PRX are mostly about their zerg size, very easy to deal with most of the time. SF, Hmmm what to say about SF…. They get talked about a lot, probably because they stream their raids. I would like to say they live up to the hype but they don’t. They are good but they are more about the numbers than skill. I have been seeing a lot of confusion spam from them lately which is a decent tactic but easy to counter. I would rate them between VoTF and PRX/TSym. They put more tactic into their group than those two but without their numbers they are little more than a speed bump much like PRX.

I’m unsure if this is a troll or if you actually believe what you wrote. VoTF at most is 40 players on the same map, usually we run with 2 groups or more spread out onto the map and we will combine when required to.

One thing I can say for certain is that we have -never- read -never- been wiped on NA with less numbers -ever- so I’m unsure where this 3-1 ratio comes into things. If we take your initial assumption as fact then we would run with around 130 members (which we don’t) and you are saying you have wiped that with 40 players. If you take our actual numbers which are around 40 and apply your 3-1 ratio then you managed to wipe us with 13 people – Which is impossible.

Once again I’m unsure if this is a troll but id appreciate knowing which guild you were from.

Back on Topic, as Jackie said it depends what you base “WvW” around whether you consider face stomping to be the defining factor or point generation and a plethora of other factors that could come into it. On NA some of the best guilds to fight are PRX/Choo/SF/EMP and plenty more that form up, on EU it would be RG/IRON/KAZ/WL – some of the best fights we have had.

In straight up GvG its Probably determined 50/50 with build synergies and movement/reaction, in WvW there are more factors involved with the possibility of reinforcements and having to think more about defense and balancing up other factors that may be a cause not to engage or to play a different way.

There’s a lot more to be tapped into in GW2 and a lot more improvement to be made by all parties listed.

Aneu

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Aneu.1748)

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Considering there is no GvG the best guilds are those that win the most points for their server.

Untill they create GvG and it becomes popular with tournaments and serious teams (which will never happen) there is no “best guild”. Right now those mentioned previously that are the best like RG, Votf, etc. consist of 50% keyboard turners where the only “strategy” is wearing p/v/t, having veils and spamming blast finishers into waterfields.

I had to laugh at this, especially the p/v/t part

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Cyril.1486

Cyril.1486

Considering there is no GvG the best guilds are those that win the most points for their server.

Untill they create GvG and it becomes popular with tournaments and serious teams (which will never happen) there is no “best guild”. Right now those mentioned previously that are the best like RG, Votf, etc. consist of 50% keyboard turners where the only “strategy” is wearing p/v/t, having veils and spamming blast finishers into waterfields.

I had to laugh at this, especially the p/v/t part

So did i if he had any clue he would not of mentioned VOTF with p/v/t hahaha

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

RG > all

one could argue that RG excells in open field battles, leaving a huge amount of their server’s manforce able to siege and take structures, facilitating those captures and takes by the rest of their server. having 50 people on Bay or Hills while Red Guard roams in the triangle between Bay/Hills, Garisson and the supply camp north of Bay/Hills, and obliterating every possible reinforcements to Bay/Hills is WIN.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

RG > all

one could argue that RG excells in open field battles, leaving a huge amount of their server’s manforce able to siege and take structures, facilitating those captures and takes by the rest of their server. having 50 people on Bay or Hills while Red Guard roams in the triangle between Bay/Hills, Garisson and the supply camp north of Bay/Hills, and obliterating every possible reinforcements to Bay/Hills is WIN.

Sure, but when you have to do all that stuff yourself and win open field battles, it takes alot of coordination. IMO, when your guild is on a map, you own it. You have to take it all and try to win it regardless of the variables. If we are going to judge a guild only by open field, then its really a different measuring stick than being the best “wvw” guild.

(edited by Sunspots.9861)

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

(warning, this post is not completely serious)

Where is DH/VGN/CF/… or any other group from Hibernia/Excallibur ?

it would make ‘a’ point to have one Albionian (HB) one midgardian (RG) and one Hibernian guild from the Excallibur server in DAoC amongst the top 5 ‘nominated’ guilds of all GW2 servers.

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

RG > all

Sure, but when you have to do all that stuff yourself and win open field battles, it takes alot of coordination. IMO, when your guild is on a map, you own it. You have to take it all and try to win it regardless of the variables. If we are going to judge a guild only by open field, then its really a different measuring stick than being the best “wvw” guild.

mine, was just a counter argument against the ‘they don’t take keeps and towers and therefore they don’t contribute to the war effort’ argument. a group of 15-30 that doesn’t take or defend anything can still have a decisive influence on the ‘larger’ battle.

a maybe strange comparison is calling them Combat Air Patrol, only trying to establish Air Superiority, allowing the rest of the friendlies on their map to do decisive Strategic Bombing with little fear of enemy Combat Air Patrol.

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

it would make ‘a’ point to have one Albionian (HB) one midgardian (RG) and one Hibernian guild from the Excallibur server in DAoC amongst the top 5 ‘nominated’ guilds of all GW2 servers.

Skill at video games tends to transfer from platform to platform. Daoc, wow arenas, rift bgs, EQ pvp servers…Most of us have been doing this for a very long time.

in WvW

Posted by: Nakoor.1980

Nakoor.1980

I know AGG and FoE were in T1 until last week but I only ran into them a few times and I really didn’t get a good feeling on them. I liked AGG’s Video about BG not being prepared when they got into t1 but honestly when we ran into AGG I was not very impressed with the 30-40 of them 20 of us ran into and wiped up pretty easily. But we did catch them off guard and that was the only real engagement I had with them.

This never happened, sorry. Simply because you never saw a group of “30-40”

I agree with what you said about TW, but your bias clearly shines through. But I guess thats what this thread is about.

VotF are the best in T1 though. Theres my bias, but I challenge anyone to prove it wrong.

Actually…I have recorded several fights with AGG when you guys were on SoS still and being wiped by lesser numbers….(maybe not too less such as 20 vs 40) There are some fights of course when we did have about even, but if I was you I wouldn’t say you guys never had 30-40….you forget people still add in pugs/other guilds when they do the math and just stick it to the guild tag they see the most which was probably AGG.

Good fights though.

(edited by Nakoor.1980)

in WvW

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

open field: RG then HB

Blackgate since day 1

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

Skill at video games tends to transfer from platform to platform. Daoc, wow arenas, rift bgs, EQ pvp servers…Most of us have been doing this for a very long time.

oh, absolutely (you forgot Warhammer in your list of games, and i have my doubts about wow, rift and EQ as being on the same level as daoc and warhammer, but that might be prejudice from my part). just saying that 2 of the top 5 nominated guilds in this thread (arguably, the number 1 and 2) originate from one (Excallibur_EU) DAoC server 12 years ago. that tells something imho.

in WvW

Posted by: mrchips.9154

mrchips.9154

i am a member of Celtic Fist (technically the community still exists albeit not very active it just doesnt run a guild in any game currently. we were last active in WoW).

the last time i saw VGN was in warhammer couldnt say what happened to LA or DH.

back on topic HB hasnt copied anyones playstyle we were rolling how we are long before we even knew RG was playing the game. we moved to blackgate very early on in the game and we played a low tier server well 2 actually before making the decision to move to NA with a number of other guilds till RG showed on JQ i personally had no knowledge of them even playing the game last id heard of em was back in daoc.

RG are by a country mile the best guild i have come across they are disciplined and fully understand the capabilities and weaknesses of a class and what makes them all the more deadly they have years of experience. they also spec to a pure skirmish build which cannot be countered effectively by a more rounded build this is why they tend to dominate everyone they come up against we have discussed the fights we have had with RG and we are confident we could go toe to toe with them if we were willing to respec our builds but we arent we want to be a force to be reckoned with but one that also can do the important stuff like take keeps and keep the PPT up.

there are many other noteworthy guilds out there too many to name we all have our successes and deafeats even the mighty RG there are many guilds who have been steamrolled by some of the more powerful guilds but they still come back and never quit to me that is a powerful guild i think the Tarnished coast guilds embody this spirit more than any other server ive faced.

HB Chipper 80 ranger, Bredana 80 necro
BlackGate
http://www.hb-eu.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Fixeon.5076

Fixeon.5076

@rmBossa
It was an open field treb emplacement you had built on the center ruined island, you were trebbing briar. There were 2-3 trebs, 2 ballistas, and I don’t recall seeing any arrow carts. The numbers are a rough estimate (hints the 30-40). But I would say it was fairly accurate. Some (around 5) did not have the Agg tag. I don’t personally have a fraps of the fight or anything someone might have been recording I don’t know. But I know I saw at least 30 people most of them running the Agg tag.

@Aneu
First off, I am not in any guild. I would rather be just a member in a guild; however, it seems that people mistake my dedication and commitment to making myself and those around me the best we can be as a plea for more power and responsibility. And generally I get promoted through the guild regardless of how I feel about it. If I wanted this I would make my own guild and run it the way I saw fit. So I perfer to be more of a loner most of the time. (which allows me to play with who I want when I want)

I never said we wiped you 13vs40 I was talking about several different encounters maybe I was not clear, I am sorry about that. The full server statement I believe to be true as we were hitting both hills and bay at the same time and reports coming from bay were than it was lightly defended (10-15) while I was with a group in hills fighting your zerg which seemed to be the majority of your BL’s force. However not actually being on your server this is a guess based on the facts that you were playing purely defensively and 90% of your forces being in hills. For the first hour or so we wiped pretty hard on your zerg. Like I said it was not something we had faced before. But after about 2 hours we had a good game plan for beating your zerg and it work at least 50% of the fights. Some of which we were seriously out numbered.

The group of 30 I took on with a bunch of pugs was on SoR BL I think. It was early for us I think it was 1pm my time, which would make it about 3pm est. (I believe you are more of a Euro time slot guild so I don’t know how that would translate to you, sometime around 7-8ish?). Bay was fully upgraded (or at least close to as walls were fully up and there was a way-point as I recall. We set up a few open water trebs (yep open water) in the NW corner of bay and were trebbing down the walls from there when you guys rushed us twice and we won both fights. Doesn’t sound very fair as we had a tactical advantage over a water assault but as I said it was 30 pugs and a commander who didn’t speak English vs about 30 VoTF. I believe there were around 30 of you because the 2nd attack you used on us was a portal bomb and I assume that the entire portal count was used as it seemed to be about 20 of you and there were still another 5-10 swimming in the water. As for the 2-3:1 odds I was referring to a smaller group of you maybe 20-25 strong and we having 10 of us. 3:1 is a overstatement and it was never suppose to be read as such. What I was trying to say was between 2 and 3 to 1.

BTW I meant no disrespect in my accounts of these fights. They are but a few fights I found amusing and I am sure you have stories about fights with guilds on my server just the same.

Fixeon – Guardian
Umberage of Death – Thief
~~~Sanctum of Rall~~~

(edited by Fixeon.5076)

in WvW

muylaetrix.2096

i am a member of Celtic Fist (technically the community still exists albeit not very active it just doesnt run a guild in any game currently. we were last active in WoW).

/wave. i played a while with Garbannoch Nox/Lux in Rift. i was in The Merry Men / Knights of Pendragon / Dark Aurora over the 7 years of Daoc i did. played an ice wizard (probably the only dedicated ice wiz) with more persistance than skill during the whole period :p

the last time i saw VGN was in warhammer couldnt say what happened to LA or DH.

played a bit with Bitteliten (He and Popov were the first to ever show me that 2 people could wipe a zerg, 12 years ago) and some other DH members as late as Rift. How could i forget to mention llaw Arian in my list of Hib guilds that would make the triumvirate of excal(+prydwin)/daoc guilds complete ? my memory must fail me due to old age :/ my excuses to some of the other great Hib guilds that i forgot to mention.

Ah, the memories Ah, how easy it is to distract me from a subject when someone brings up the old times

(edited by muylaetrix.2096)

in WvW

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Everyone who nominated a guild so far is wrong. RG, IRON, MOS, and all the others, who are they? Best guild ever is forsaken gamers (FG). Throughout these forums you can find posts by Dalure pointing out their countless victories over all opponents while often being outnumbered 2 – 1. Its rare these days to find a guild brave enough to fight them in the open field. They are gods and we treat them as such. Hail to the kings, hail to FG.

(edited by Starscream.7803)

in WvW

Posted by: Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Oeps Rolls Necro.2594

Depends what you expect from a guild in WvW imo.
Points, gvg, tactics or coverage?

Lot of good guilds mentiond already but i see a lot of US server people on this topic. Believe me, you US guys dont have any idea how many organised guilds we have in EU.

Just a few who arent named here often : OPT, KAZ, GH , Aegis, WL (only VZ guild that doesnt run ) Zd and many more.

I fought PRX ( i really dont want to disrespect you) a couple of times but they where not a top 3 guild on SFR imo.

And my all time favorite Judge, to bad you guys left deso.
We dont have any qeues anymore Osciat :P

in WvW

covenn.7165

One thing I can say for certain is that we have -never- read -never- been wiped on NA with less numbers -ever- so I’m unsure where this 3-1 ratio comes into things.

It’s ok to defend your guild, but lets keep it based on solid ground. I have seen you get wiped by less number numerous times. Maybe not 3 to 1 like someone claimed, but I have see it happen and have participated in it.

In other words, I am not so sure -never- is appropriate to use.

in WvW

covenn.7165

Maybe as a zerg guild or whatever in DAOC, but not as an 8 man guild. I honestly didn’t pay attention to anything else then as it was all about the 8 man and not who could put the biggest mindless zerg out on the field to get farmed by gank groups. Never heard of them in WAR either.

I am not knocking these guilds at all though so don’t take it the wrong way. I want to fight RG and have spent a ton of time fighting HB. Fighting guild like them is what makes this game fun for me.

in WvW

covenn.7165

I’ve never lost to less or even equal numbers and seldom lose to greatly superior numbers. That nullifies the statement I quoted as being incorrect.

Of course, you can prove me wrong Vids or it didn’t happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

cant tell unless guild wars with each other.

in WvW

covenn.7165

That nullifies the statement I quoted as being incorrect.

^ that doesnt even make sense, but anyway. What guild are you in?

Exactly, It doesn’t make sense. Thus it was an appropriate response to what I quoted.

in WvW

Posted by: Kryyg.8576

Kryyg.8576

I’ve never seen VOTF during NA primetime. They have a benefit of fighting both JQ and SoR when no other guilds have full strength.

They just seem zergy to me, when EMP was fighting them and we had almost the same numbers with pugs we wiped them consistently.

(edited by Kryyg.8576)

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Just some things I’d like to say.

First of all I’m utterly disgraced at the lack of mentions that VcY has received. They are a very good guild.

Best defence for me will probably forever be IRON and not just because it was packed with siege but because they play well and know how to coordinate. On a related note, no offensive siege can ever be as scary as KAZ attacking your keep. These guilds are now on the same server, definitely a force to be reckoned with.

WL deserves an honourable mention, they are a very good guild. They might not be on the same level as several of the other guilds mentioned in this thread already but they deserve to be here as they are the only guild I remember from Vizunah that is a very good fight.

Not going to add anything to all the talk about RG, everything has already been said about them, though not all of it true.

VoTF has been given different honours in this thread already. They have been named as a guild that doesn’t fight in zergs and that fights outnumbered and they have been called the exact opposite of that. Very confusing. However I think that anyone who was on SFR can agree that they are not that large a guild.

PRX deserves a lot of respect for their coordination and the influence they have on a map/server but without meaning any offence they are not an extraordinary strong guild.

I’m very sure ZD’s is a great guild and very strong but having only ever fought with them and never against them makes me poorly placed to judge them relative to most others.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper