WvW Rewards - New Gear?

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

March will see the release of the WuvWuv progression system, new ranks you can earn in WvW visible to all other players, and new DubVDub specific abilities/bonuses that you can earn as you rank up.

That’s great and all, but is there any word on whether or not they’re going to be adding New cosmetic gear and/or cosmetic items to WvW in March? Maybe even Ascended?

I have nothing to spend my badges on because the current gear is awful (in both stat selection and appearance). I feel like WvW should have multiple sets of gear in terms of both cosmetics and stats, just like Dungeons do. Also, it should have more prestigious options for more devoted WvWers, equivalent to Legendaries, in my opinion.

I was just curious, maybe I missed something.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

Would at least be nice to know what the plans are…

it was written…

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

They intended WvW to be a casual weekend warrior excursion for dungeon pve players, so they assumed you would have all of your dungeon gear to show off out there.

Kash
NSP

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: snacktime.1082

snacktime.1082

March will see the release of the WuvWuv progression system, new ranks you can earn in WvW visible to all other players, and new DubVDub specific abilities/bonuses that you can earn as you rank up.

That’s great and all, but is there any word on whether or not they’re going to be adding New cosmetic gear and/or cosmetic items to WvW in March? Maybe even Ascended?

I have nothing to spend my badges on because the current gear is awful (in both stat selection and appearance). I feel like WvW should have multiple sets of gear in terms of both cosmetics and stats, just like Dungeons do. Also, it should have more prestigious options for more devoted WvWers, equivalent to Legendaries, in my opinion.

No. Just no. Keep pvp as skill based as possible. The best pvp items (stat wise) should be fairly easy to obtain by anyone.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: muylaetrix.2096

muylaetrix.2096

They intended WvW to be a casual weekend warrior excursion for dungeon pve players, so they assumed you would have all of your dungeon gear to show off out there.

guess they were wrong there :p

for some people it’s not a diversion, for some people it’s not even endgame, for some people it’s the only game in town.

Muylaetrex, going bananas with [TDA] on Gandara
Camping a keep near you since 2001 !

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

This
Should be able to get the same type of gear in wvw as pve and not limited. It sux have to do dungeons and now guild missions to have the same gear as regular pvers. This in itself is why some servers have low populations for wvw.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

We are planning to add more stat sets and appearance options that can be purchased with badges in the March update. We’re still working on the full list so I don’t want to dive into details yet, but it is something we’re working on.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

cubed.2853

Well I do not need more details than that finally something is coming :-) Also a little suprise is always nice ^^

it was written…

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Appearance options!? Oh you got my attention; does that mean new skins, or will we just see skin sets recycled and cannibalized from other PvE content? Please say it’ll be new and exclusive in appearance because I’d love nothing more than to look awesome for playing WvW.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Quick, to the JP!

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

We are planning to add more stat sets and appearance options that can be purchased with badges in the March update. We’re still working on the full list so I don’t want to dive into details yet, but it is something we’re working on.

/flex then /hug

Please transfer to JQ so we can sex you up. We will even pay for your transfer and donate 100 gold for a commander icon if you want one !!

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Thanks a lot for communication. At least i know i can still save them.

Would be kittenING great to make some ascended stuff or armor skin WvW exclusive ….

“Appearance” sounds great !

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

Finally more armor skins! That’s excellent news.

Please, please, please let there be more pants options instead of skirts/dresses/coats (specifically for males).

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Word of the day: AWESOME

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Can you imagine if the first Ascended weapons and or Armor is released in WvW. Dem PvEers will lose their kitten! Hahaha

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Can you imagine if the first Ascended weapons and or Armor is released in WvW. Dem PvEers will lose their kitten! Hahaha

Do it!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Lol

They would have a fit and all run to wvw for jp. Hardcore wvwers will follow and have a field day with badges in jp.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Ugh, if this turns into another stat race grind for PVP because gear means everything, I’ll probably be gone.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

snacktime, capuchinseven not understanding that this implies the same horizontal progression we already have in the game?

Stoked to hear the options are opening up to WvW players, Mike.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Can you tell us if they are just the old skins with new stats or brand spanking new armour skins?

Because one is cooler then the other.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Each piece will only be 500000 current badges or 1000 of the new badges.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

you dont need to add more stats…add more armor cosmetic variety for wvw and pve 5 for every profession would be nice

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This makes me happy. I’ll love you in the manliest bro way possible if you did this tomorrow.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

Do PvE for WvW? Sounds like something ANet would make you do.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yayayaya finally get to spend all those badges!I started to over purchase siege to get rid of all the badges.I even bought the legendary thing to make space in my bank.XD

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

March update comes to pass, new gear is added to the game for badges, and all across the servers, shouts in /map and /team are heard…

“mesmer in jp?”

The Jump Puzzle across all maps become the highest populated areas of the game, rams gather dust, and keeps fall to ruin from disuse.

RIP WvW
August 2012 – March 2013
Your Potential Was Never Realized

To prevent JP abuse (beyond what it already is), reduce the badges from chests, from 10 (@ lvl 80) to 2-4, add better item drops (rares / exotics) to compensate, and increase badge drop rate from kills, so WvW’rs can actually play rather than have half the map in the JP.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I don’t see why you can’t say whether or not ascended gear will be on the list.

If it’s not, I think you guys are going to have a VERY hard time explaining why at this point.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

drwookie.6391

To be honest, it makes sense and is really only “fair”

The PvE experience has had a monopoly on the ENTIRE jewelry set of ascended gear. Why not let WVW have a monopoly on the weapons for a few months? If a PvE complains they can just say “We’re working on it”, like they did to us.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

March update comes to pass, new gear is added to the game for badges, and all across the servers, shouts in /map and /team are heard…

“mesmer in jp?”

The Jump Puzzle across all maps become the highest populated areas of the game, rams gather dust, and keeps fall to ruin from disuse.

RIP WvW
August 2012 – March 2013
Your Potential Was Never Realized

I’ll toll those PvErs for so many blueprints, making sure a friendly mesmer never gets in so that my monopoly holds.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

To be honest, it makes sense and is really only “fair”

The PvE experience has had a monopoly on the ENTIRE jewelry set of ascended gear. Why not let WVW have a monopoly on the weapons for a few months? If a PvE complains they can just say “We’re working on it”, like they did to us.

Then you would forever tie WvW to pve and simply take turns with the pve player base from then on. Except, the pve players base will get to take three turns to your every one turn. That’s assuming there’s a chance w3 will get Ascended gear where more likely you’ll get a slim chance at one of the currencies to buy into one of the pve grinds.

Kash
NSP

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

A word of advice it should not be at similar prices to the invaders gear because that is way too expensive and doesn’t reflect the badge drop rate of the majority of players.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Do it!

The backlash on the general forums would be popcorn worthy indeed.

But I’d be happy with just fairness of acquisition across the board for all modes.

Glad to hear more skins though.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

He just said it would be for badges, he didn’t relate it to wvw beyond that. I’m guessing 100 laurels and 750 badges for some ascended gloves.

I’m glad that Anet causing drama by adding a 2 tier progression, seperating the haves and the have nots, is amusing. It’s so much fun when the developers are bigger trolls than the forum goers.

A game based on ethics with no integrity is bound to end up being populated by people who aren’t worth playing with.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I get the feeling that this new gear is going to require an insane amount of badges to obtain, and those of us who don’t zerg all the time getting maximum kill tags or do the JPs every day will be screwed. I started saving badges in mid Jan and have 1250 from 20-30 hours of actual WvW play a week…that better not be one piece of armor that looks like a clown suit on a Charr.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

drwookie.6391

To the people commenting on badge drop rates:

Keep in mind this latest patch fairly significantly increased drop rates. Not say the prices won’t be extremely high, but I would just give it a few days to adjust to the NEW rate of badge acquisition before you think about what may be reasonable for gear. Yes it would be great to spend the badges i’ve saved and get all the new gear as soon as it’s out, but keep in mind that so far as they have introduced gear people have had to start grinding moving forward. We have an advantage because we have “saved” badges, but that shouldnt’ get us everything instantly.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Quivers please

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: OldRodKS.9758

OldRodKS.9758

Each piece will only be 500000 current badges or 1000 of the new badges.

New badges?

Playing on Tarnished Coast
Playing a various Stormspire alt – if it’s Stormspire, it’s probably me
Guilds: Elder Prophets [EP], Principality of New Katulus (PiNK)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

cubed.2853

More “stats sets” is in no way indicates Ascended gear.
Since there is only one set of gear atm, they are probably going to add Berserker, Knights etc. exotics.

It would not make any sense to not reward ascended since you can and should be able to play wvw without any pve. Well the new daily system solve this somehow, but I hope they will find a way, maybe some combined solution like with the earrings. It is very vital to wvw to have progression and a advantage from participating. I mean the new system shows they understand that you need some more rewarding system and items are a great way to improve further and to bring more ppl into wvw. Just imagine how full wvw would have been if they introduced ascended in wvw with fractals together.

it was written…

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I wouldnt mind if existing gear skins were available for WvW players. It’s pretty kitten trying to find a group for those Arah leggings I want for one of my characters without the “Zerker only + experience”, even though a fully exotic geared player can easily get through the content.

So Badges for Dungeon armor would be nice. And please give those PvEers a means to get the invader gear without grinding badges in return. I hear the medium WvW set looks pretty nifty.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

As much as I’m excited to see new items for badges, i’m a little concerned about the appearance options.

Will there be ways of getting the identical skins outside of WvW? It would be unfortunate to have an influx of people in WvW who don’t want to be playing WvW and taking up spots from those who do while spamming the jump puzzles

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Yassa.2193

Yassa.2193

So, gear and cosmetics in WvW. Possibly a really bad idea.

If the cost is very high (say 1k badges for one item) it will probably reward true WvWers and discourage PVE players. If the cost is low and the new items are shiny enough the PVE mob will come to WvW maps. You know what that means

So, hopefully Anet will either discard WvW gear introduction or the price will be very high (that is, the effort/reward ratio in PVE should remain much more attractive).

Cheers!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

So, gear and cosmetics in WvW. Possibly a really bad idea.

If the cost is very high (say 1k badges for one item) it will probably reward true WvWers and discourage PVE players. If the cost is low and the new items are shiny enough the PVE mob will come to WvW maps. You know what that means

So, hopefully Anet will either discard WvW gear introduction or the price will be very high (that is, the effort/reward ratio in PVE should remain much more attractive).

Cheers!

There is nothing wrong with attracting PvE players to do WvW. And no, queues are not a good excuse for trying to make people not play WvW. For ArenaNet, they want everyone to do everything.

Cosmetics in WvW are a great idea. GW has always been about cosmetics and being able to get good ones in WvW should always be a thing.

It’s silly how shafted WvW players have been in regards to gear / cosmetics / use of Badges.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

We just want our ascended gear from WvW. Us killing tons of REAL LIFE players and taking defended keeps is much more of an accomplishment than grinding fractals or other pve content.

Reward us.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

We just want our ascended gear from WvW. Us killing tons of REAL LIFE players and taking defended keeps is much more of an accomplishment than grinding fractals or other pve content.

Reward us.

seems you dont play fractals ._.
WWW is often easier than keeping alive a random Group.

To tell the truth i saw that you get more income just TAGGING than playing www.

Its the reason i saw so many glasscannon staff ele spamming air 1 thing that works only if you have people Killing zergs for you.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

The badge drop rate now is way too high in WvW imo. With all the extra bags dropping now, I am not sure how anyone can still say the badge rate is too low.

But yeah, regarding the jump puzzles, they should be removed completely from W3. They take up queue space from people actually wanting to W3.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

seems you dont play fractals ._.

There is nothing hard or challenging about PvE. Until a game company can implement realistic intelligent AI for PvE encounters to make it dynamic, this will always be the case.

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Sithaco.4673

Sithaco.4673

yay! I hope so! woooo

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well at least remove world bonus players who won’t work hard enough in w3.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

We are planning to add more stat sets and appearance options that can be purchased with badges in the March update.

With the current Badges of Honor I hope?

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

WvW Rewards - New Gear?

in WvW

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I expected it’s good idea to save my badges until this update 1,5k+ now