WvW chests Once per account?

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

I was attempting to do my daily routine in EB jump puzzle and when i got to the chest on my second character it will not open. There are about 8 other players standing around saying it won’t open for them either.

Was there a stealth change to the chests now that Prints are Account bound?

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

This has been changed to once per account per day.

in WvW

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

Thank you for the reply.

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

More money drained into WvW now. Can you increase money rewards for events in WvW? If we using the badges to buy the gear etc and upgrade keeps and drop siege down most of time we lose money while WvWing. please increase rewards so that those of us doing the things we supposed to in WvW net some gold.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

More money drained into WvW now. Can you increase money rewards for events in WvW? If we using the badges to buy the gear etc and upgrade keeps and drop siege down most of time we lose money while WvWing. please increase rewards so that those of us doing the things we supposed to in WvW net some gold.

Boy that would be nice. Nothing like finishing a 6 hour WvW session 25 silver richer. Yawn.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

This was kind of timely. I know someone who has 8 level 80 characters (and that was a few months ago) who ports himself religiously daily up to the chest (with a friend helping). That’s like more than 100 badges a day just getting ported up for him (log in, run to portal, run to chest, repeat).

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in WvW

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Wow. Whatever. No wonder why they made siege blueprints account bound. Now siege is going to be even more valuable and precious.

Funny they made WXP character bound instead of account bound. More grind here we go.

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

honestly they could have removed the 5-10 badges you get from chest and kept it character bound. Those of us that like to do WvW only and do PvE just because we are about to be broke appreciated the fact that we could set up EB jumping puzzle ports to get some siege refilled. Now we can’t even do that. I have to spend 1 hr to farm CoF buy siege instead because WvW itself doesn’t net gold if you upgrading/dropping siege/ buying gear with badges etc.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This pretty much nullifies the value of the JP to virtually everyone. It’s not worth it for anyone to do it anymore because once you get to the end, your alts can’t get ported up for the chest. This sucks a lot for me considering how fast I go through siege; these chests and portals were pretty much the #1 reason I wasn’t dirt poor, but now that I don’t have that, well…

Devon, let’s just say that you guys need to prioritize improving rewards in WvW.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

This pretty much nullifies the value of the JP to virtually everyone. It’s not worth it for anyone to do it anymore because once you get to the end, your alts can’t get ported up for the chest. This sucks a lot for me considering how fast I go through siege; these chests and portals were pretty much the #1 reason I wasn’t dirt poor, but now that I don’t have that, well…

Devon, let’s just say that you guys need to prioritize improving rewards in WvW.

And controlling the EB ports was fun in itself. It as a different objective to cap outside of zerging with siege.

+1 on increasing rewards in WvW (money).

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Does this ‘per account, per day’ limit to JP chests apply to the PvE ones as well or just the WvW ones?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Really bad idea. I know lots of people who supplement WvW play with running the BL JP on a couple of mules at the end of the day. Either for a bit of siege, or (more often) to help with their Legendary quest.

I don’t know what Anet is thinking with this patch. You don’t have to annoy players working on Legendary just because you made siege account-bound. That quest is tough enough already – I know because I’ve done it.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

(edited by Midnightjade.3520)

in WvW

Posted by: cbabd.8053

cbabd.8053

Since WvW drop rates (including badges) were buffed a month or two ago, since seems fair enough to me. Getting 500 through play wouldn’t take an unreasonable amount of time. (Not nearly as long as getting the Gift of Exploration, for instance.)

[Gunnar’s Hold] [RPS]
Saphnabylni | Alyquia | Hrafn Halldorsson | Roshanai Abbasi | Aghrama Steamfur

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I don’t consider this a big deal. The only times I was tempted to run all alts through the puzzle was when someone was porting to the end in EB. And now that I’m getting badges far more frequently, and siege off of npcs every single day, I usually don’t even go in any of the puzzles.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

Since WvW drop rates (including badges) were buffed a month or two ago, since seems fair enough to me. Getting 500 through play wouldn’t take an unreasonable amount of time. (Not nearly as long as getting the Gift of Exploration, for instance.)

Depends a bit on profession. Staff guardian, Ele, or confusion Mesmer get a lot – whoops, except that last one no longer exists. Single target DPS often get a lot less since they tag fewer players.

Gift of Exploration honestly isn’t bad, and by the time you’re done you’ve made a lot of cash. WvW is fun but it costs money rather than generating money.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Imp.4792

Imp.4792

This was just one of those changes that did not need to happen. The value of 20 badges and a few pieces of siege were right in line with the difficulty of the JP, granted some were porting but many were not.

Name of the game is risk versus reward in this instance the values were pretty much right in line.

So all it does is strain customer relations. Why would you do that?

in WvW

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Anybody tested whether it still scales with level?
If so, there is no reason to do it with any of my alts I’m currently on, but just 1 run with the lvl 80.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

It doesn’t matter how much you tag. It’s simply going to be a bigger money sink than it already is. Not to complain but I don’t really understand why you would do this 10 months into the game or however long it is. It’s become a staple for commanders to support their offensive/defensive pushes. I personally go through almost 40 of each blueprint (not counting trebs or golems) a night leading 4hrs a night. That’s a lot of gold and badges that suddenly has to be attained through gold instead of through other means where a server can come together.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Robin Da Poor.6281

Robin Da Poor.6281

Yet another anet game altering move to try and squeeze as much monies out of a honest game player.

SharpShooters [SS] | Yak’s Bend |
Pro With A Bow| Mes Mer Relda |

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Well I would say Devon has really made his mark with this patch. Maybe not quite in the way he intended.

Taken together the two changes with siege and JP are:

1. make siege account bound
2. limit a JP chest to just 1 account access per day.

Hmm, why do 1 if you are going to do 2?

I don’t care for the badges at all, remove them for chest as far as I am concerned its organising your server to do a siege gathering run to fund WvW for the coming week that is being hit here, WvW got even more expensive.

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I don’t see how using alts to run the jumping puzzle multiple times per day was making WvW better.

If people can’t use their alts to repeat the jumping puzzle, that means they can spend more time on their mains. Hopefully that will result in more, and better, fights.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t care for the badges at all, remove them for chest as far as I am concerned its organising your server to do a siege gathering run to fund WvW for the coming week that is being hit here, WvW got even more expensive.

uhh… you can use those badges to buy the extra siege, therefor offsetting this tremendous cost you suddenly feel crumbling beneath.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Making siege account bound alleviates a minor inconvenience. I could always get a guildie to help transfer siege from alts. Now we gain a minor convenience for a pointless change that makes this new “convenience” useless. I won’t even have any siege on my alts that need transferred to my commander character. Nor will I be getting many donations of siege from players that don’t use it, but it get from the puzzle chest.

This just means more money spent on siege, and more wasted as well with the 2 minute despawn on build sites. We’ll have to make sure we stagger our supply runs between keep and camp, just because it will fade away if we run to the camp as a group.

If you want to make it harder for non-wvw players to get badges, take them out of the chest, or make that part of the chest rewards per-account, not the entire chest. Changes like this are not improving anything.

I also have to wonder why a change like this isn’t in the notes. It surely has more impact on the game than some of the changes that were considered worth noting.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

in WvW

Posted by: Brain.4120

Brain.4120

I don’t like this change at all. I don’t PVE much outside of WvW, so my wealth and income is low. My primary method of maintaining my WvW play-style is the siege rewards from the JP chests. Limiting the rewards to once per account hits me quite hard.

If the problem is alts getting ported to the top of the JP, then fix the porting. I have no problems with having to actually run the entire JP on all of my alts since I am a JP-running fiend.

At first, I thought changing blueprints to account-bound was a nice gesture. But if changing the rewards to account-based is the price, I’d rather go back to the old way. Either that or make WvW profitable so that we can buy blueprints and upgrades.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninja Stealthy.8740

Ninja Stealthy.8740

ok since my last post was deleted for speaking my mind i’ll go in the opposite direction.
I LOVE this ninja-nerf to the wvw jump puzzles, it is Frellin Awesome!!!! Live Long and Prosper Anet guys.

[WE] Warlord Jason Krushbone

in WvW

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

this.

I have no problem to do the whole puzzle with every char.

Mainly I use the JP to get the badges for my legendary. I know the loot was buffed, but still I need to heavily rely on time, commander, zergsize (and intelligence) and also on how weak the opposing zerg is.
More often than not I end up doing WvW for 4hrs and getting maybe 20-30 badges because we constantly get wiped.
Sure, we also do have very good times, but it seems that I’m just unlucky with the times/days where we really kick kitten

Since this whole thread will most likely be ignored again (see the thread about the titles under nameplate and their so called “investigation” which is already taking more than a month with no second response…………..)

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Sorry but I really do not like this change

There is no more point to helping portal people and their alts in the JP, which was probably the only reason why I have any gold (thanks to all those that donated siege or gold)

not sure which metric you were using to come to this decision but it will hurt the WvW community more than just the few badges of honor people were getting from chests on alts

Yes while some people would religiously do the JP every day, most would do it once maybe twice a week on all their alts to resupply siege for the next week, the rest of the time would be spent in WvW battles, so instead of taking 5-10mins for people to get 7 chests they will now need to spend closer to 1-2 hours, and that is assuming that there are not people in the JP who are trying to kill you

if the BoH were the problem then remove them

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Hm, are Orichalcum prices going to rise a little with fewer characters going to the JP and thus farming less of it?

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

So now we need to grind the frak out of WvW to get the 500 badges for a Gift of Battle. Wonderful. I usually get about 2-3 badges in massive fights. The drop rate is abysmal outside of the jumping puzzles. I can’t say I appreciate this change at all.

What is the rationale behind this change, if you don’t mind me asking? I can understand wanting to limit siege blueprints since they’re account bound now. But limiting badges even more than they already are? I’m sorry but that just doesn’t sit well with me.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

What is the rationale behind this change, if you don’t mind me asking? I can understand wanting to limit siege blueprints since they’re account bound now. But limiting badges even more than they already are? I’m sorry but that just doesn’t sit well with me.

Nothing really changed with the blueprints. You always could, and still can, drop them on the ground for someone to pick up. And then you could have them do the same for another of your characters if you were trying to move your siege from alts. Now you have the convenience of being able to toss that siege in the back, but without the JP chest siege our alts are probably going to have a less less (or no) siege to need this convenience.

This limit would make sense if the change was making blueprints mailable to easily give them to others, but as is, this update manages to add a new convenience and make said convenience nearly pointless all at the same time.

Making siege blueprints more rare doesn’t do anything to help the game. All it does is increase the financial burden on commanders, especially those of us that spend the majority of our playtime in wvw. If the intent is to degrade wvw into massive zergs roaming tower to tower DPS’ing down unupgraded doors, this will probably help move things in that direction. Last month’s WXP/wvw ranks already encouraged the zergs to leave towers unupgraded and undefended so they can just retake for quick points. Taking over a tower doesn’t give enough reward to upgrade it, or even buy a single piece of siege for it, so what reason do we have to bother with those things? As long as your zerg is big enough to flip them faster than the other server’s zerg, you still win, get more money, and earn wvw ranks faster.

I thought I had read a few times that the massive zerging was supposed to be getting discouraged, but the actual changes being made do nothing but encourage it.

in WvW

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

This is a welcomed change the true WvW players wanted it removed altogether and now there’s a compromise.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

in WvW

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

I’m not terribly sad about this since they’ve made siege account bound finally. The blueprints won’t be missed on my alts the very rare times I ran any of them through a JP in WvW. The badges weren’t all that much unless it was the EB JP, and running with a zerg taking out another servers players on map more than makes up for anything I missed by not running a JP.

Less queue spots JP only players are taking up. Overall, totally worth it.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Excellent change- only wish you could make it retrospective and remove badges from all those using 8 alts a day to farm badges and taking up space in the wvw queues.

It’s not supposed to be easy to clock up 500 badges for your Gift- you are supposed to earn them fighting, not by logging in 8 toons a day for a few days and grabbing 80 badges in 5-10 minutes.

Looks like the siege drop chance from NPCs is slightly better, and anyway anyone that kills a few people in WvW earns enough badges to buy a few siege with them.

And it’s not like most of the people doing JP were the ones handing over siege to commanders or sending them gold or placing them when required- more often than not the JP’rs would be the ones wasting supply building stuff when you are trying to finish off a gate or wall upgrade…

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

This is a welcomed change the true WvW players wanted it removed altogether and now there’s a compromise.

I’ve had my moments when I felt the same way. When people have no concern other than getting JP portals while the keep that enables their access to that JP is under attack and about to be lost. It’s annoying when someone expects us to drop what we are doing just to babysit them to the top of a puzzle so they can get free badges. I do think the puzzle would be better off if it was a separate map, but still had the same access points in the EB keeps. That would give both sides of the debate nothing to complain about.

I’m on a server where long queues (or queues, at all) are not common outside of the weekend, so some people in the puzzle are not an actual issue. There is also the fact that many of the players in the puzzle would not be doing wvw anyway, so unless there is a full map/queue or they are trying to draw needed defenders into the JP, they aren’t causing any issues. If they are donating their siege drops to friends/guildmates that do wvw or to commanders, they are doing a much appreciated service to their server.

in WvW

Zedd.8239

Nothing really changed with the blueprints. You always could, and still can, drop them on the ground for someone to pick up. And then you could have them do the same for another of your characters if you were trying to move your siege from alts. Now you have the convenience of being able to toss that siege in the back, but without the JP chest siege our alts are probably going to have a less less (or no) siege to need this convenience.

This limit would make sense if the change was making blueprints mailable to easily give them to others, but as is, this update manages to add a new convenience and make said convenience nearly pointless all at the same time.

Making siege blueprints more rare doesn’t do anything to help the game. All it does is increase the financial burden on commanders, especially those of us that spend the majority of our playtime in wvw. If the intent is to degrade wvw into massive zergs roaming tower to tower DPS’ing down unupgraded doors, this will probably help move things in that direction. Last month’s WXP/wvw ranks already encouraged the zergs to leave towers unupgraded and undefended so they can just retake for quick points. Taking over a tower doesn’t give enough reward to upgrade it, or even buy a single piece of siege for it, so what reason do we have to bother with those things? As long as your zerg is big enough to flip them faster than the other server’s zerg, you still win, get more money, and earn wvw ranks faster.

I thought I had read a few times that the massive zerging was supposed to be getting discouraged, but the actual changes being made do nothing but encourage it.

What I was trying to get at is that this limitation on a fairly reliable way to get badges of honor is a problem for those that simply want the badges for PvE-related reasons (i.e., a legendary weapon). I love WvW but it isn’t my main focus in the game. I don’t usually play it for more than a few hours per week. I do tend to play it more if creating a legendary weapon, though.

Getting badges from killing other players is, well, a joke. They almost never drop regardless of how many kills I get, the size of the group I’m in, or the speed that I kill. I don’t know if this is just plain bad luck or if it’s by design. Regardless, I’ve had to resort to using the jumping puzzles for badges because they’re the only reliable way to get them.

Forcing people to play in WvW to get a legendary weapon, which seems to be more of a PvE goal, is questionable enough as it is. Limiting the number of times the WvW chests can be looted to once per day per account makes this process of obtaining the necessary badges even more frustrating and time consuming than it already was.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Forcing people to play in WvW to get a legendary weapon, which seems to be more of a PvE goal, is questionable enough as it is. Limiting the number of times the WvW chests can be looted to once per day per account makes this process of obtaining the necessary badges even more frustrating and time consuming than it already was.

I play wvw a lot more than pve, and I don’t really have much desire for the current set of legendary weapons. The only ones that appeal to me at all do not work well for the characters that would use them. (Bifrost for a necro, or one of the oversized greatswords on a petite human female is just not good looking) That being said, I still completely agree with you. Those weapons are a primarily pve goal, and this is a primarily pve game.

The majority of the playerbase is not going to have a large (or any) interest in wvw, so trying to force them into it is not going to improve anyone’s game experience. They don’t want to be there, so they aren’t going to care enough to make an actual effort to help aside from getting a few kills. Having to go through this to acquire 500 badges at a rather low/slow rate is not something that should be enforced. And unhappy, uncoordinated players are not what those of us that enjoy wvw want alongside us on the field. Nothing is gained by trying to force people into pvp to get an otherwise entirely pve item. I know some of you wvw/pvp’ers feel the same way about being forced to pve to get a legendary, but be realistic. This game was built and marketed as pve, and that is what the majority of players are here for.

Right now, the best relationship between these two types of players comes from those wvw’ers understand that a lot of players don’t want to do wvw, and those pve’ers that realize we have wvw-related goals and don’t always have time to secure a JP and give them portals. On Yaks’ Bend, this has become a mutually beneficial situation where when the battle circumstances allow it, organized and defended JP ports are done in exchange for the request that siege be donated by those that don’t use it themselves.

in WvW

Zedd.8239

^ Well-said! Completely agreed.

I’ve had my moments when I felt the same way. When people have no concern other than getting JP portals while the keep that enables their access to that JP is under attack and about to be lost. It’s annoying when someone expects us to drop what we are doing just to babysit them to the top of a puzzle so they can get free badges. I do think the puzzle would be better off if it was a separate map, but still had the same access points in the EB keeps. That would give both sides of the debate nothing to complain about.

Putting the puzzles on their own maps and having them still be connected to the keeps would potentially fix issues like that (I really like that idea)…but only if they’re neutral areas where servers can’t attack each other (or communicate with each other). It would mostly stop griefing (people would still find a way to be annoying, I’m sure) and force those that want to fight other players out into the actual fighting.

Whether that would improve the WvW experience for those that are serious about it, I have no idea. It may not do anything to fix that aspect of it. But it would certainly make things a little easier on those that hate PvP and just want a cool looking weapon.

Personally, I actually love PvP and especially WvW. However, even I find the PvE/PvP connection for creating legendaries more annoying than fun. It’s bad enough you have to map all of the borderlands just to get a Gift of Exploration. If someone hates PvP or if their server isn’t doing so well that process is painful enough as it is without having to worry about getting even fewer badges per day…

(edited by Zedd.8239)

in WvW

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Well that suxs then.
I used my alts for the sieges to give to the commanders,as it’s a great help for them.
With all my alts they would get 16 or more a day off me more inc using the badges and that not counting the other ppl doing it to give the sieges as well.

So now wvw has got a lot more expensive,expect face rubbing most of the time now.
Getting sick of these unnecessary nerfs.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

in WvW

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

What I was trying to get at is that this limitation on a fairly reliable way to get badges of honor is a problem for those that simply want the badges for PvE-related reasons (i.e., a legendary weapon). I love WvW but it isn’t my main focus in the game. I don’t usually play it for more than a few hours per week. I tend to play it more if creating a legendary weapon.

Getting badges from killing other players is, well, a joke. They almost never drop regardless of how many kills I get, the size of the group I’m in, or the speed that I kill. I don’t know if this is just plain bad luck or if it’s by design. Regardless, I’ve had to resort to using the jumping puzzles for badges because they’re the only reliable way to get them.

Getting a Legendary has never been about easy. Or what I would consider a PvE only objective. It doesn’t increase stats in any way, it’s just pretty. It encompasses both PvE and PvP to create. If I have to PvE for mine, you (figurative you, not pointing at any individual here) should have to actually PvP, or in this case WvW, for yours. If this cuts down on the amount of whinging in map chat regarding camping of JP’s I’m all for it. If it cuts down on the amount of people clogging up queue’s for JP’s only I’m DEFINITELY all for it. T2, every spot is precious, the less in JP’s the more for people working toward the objectives. Again, I learn the basics of PvE for mine and work just as hard to be a valued member, you should learn the basics of WvW for yours and be a valued member of your server as well. Running with a zerg doesn’t require any time consuming knowledge. Play your profession as you play it. Find AoE’s you’re comfortable with to drop to increase the amount of players hit by you. This will ensure several bags as long as your zerg isn’t wiped. Learn to spam F to pick up bags as you go.

As for your kill per badge ratio Zedd, I can’t say much. You may just have terrible luck. I usually walk out with 50 or more per two-three hours spent pushing objective(s). Far less if I’m defending, but that’s defense, not much unless an enemy zerg is hitting you. I rake in a ton of bags on AC’s defending against zergs, and that was prior to the AC change, not even sure how many more that will bring in now.

It should be a time consuming task to make a legendary. Making a series of well timed jumps doesn’t scream hard work or PvP.

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in WvW

Posted by: Brain.4120

Brain.4120

I kinda get what ANet wanted to do with the JP. Honestly, I see the JP as a WvW resource. For a few minutes of your time, you can get a massive amount of siege weapons. That is a significant resource, and it is open to all three servers to control, complete with player-activated traps. Controlling the JP is the same as controlling camps.

The problem seems to be the badges of honor because they are required for legendaries. If that is the case, then get rid of them from the chest rewards. Or limit the badge reward to once per account per day. Set up two chests if that will make programming it easier.

(edited by Brain.4120)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Wow… so make it so you can pass siege across characters at the same time as making it so you can’t do the puzzle to acquire siege on multiple characters. You guys are kinda paranoid about exploits, huh?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Zedd.8239

Getting a Legendary has never been about easy. Or what I would consider a PvE only objective. It doesn’t increase stats in any way, it’s just pretty. It encompasses both PvE and PvP to create. If I have to PvE for mine, you (figurative you, not pointing at any individual here) should have to actually PvP, or in this case WvW, for yours. If this cuts down on the amount of whinging in map chat regarding camping of JP’s I’m all for it. If it cuts down on the amount of people clogging up queue’s for JP’s only I’m DEFINITELY all for it. T2, every spot is precious, the less in JP’s the more for people working toward the objectives. Again, I learn the basics of PvE for mine and work just as hard to be a valued member, you should learn the basics of WvW for yours and be a valued member of your server as well. Running with a zerg doesn’t require any time consuming knowledge. Play your profession as you play it. Find AoE’s you’re comfortable with to drop to increase the amount of players hit by you. This will ensure several bags as long as your zerg isn’t wiped. Learn to spam F to pick up bags as you go.

I don’t know why this argument is always made whenever someone criticizes part of the legendary creation process. I don’t want creating a legendary to be easy and don’t want the gifts needed to just be handed to me. It actually isn’t that difficult to create a legendary as it currently stands. It’s just really time consuming. That’s fine. I’m ok with that. I just want a reliable way to make progress and not have the bulk of it be RNG. There’s already a tremendous amount of RNG in the creation of a legendary (precursor drops, mystic clovers, etc.). Making badges of honor more difficult to obtain may or may not be good for WvW. I don’t know. What I do know is it isn’t good for PvE.

The jumping puzzles may not be incredibly difficult for those that are experienced with them. I find them fairly easy now as long as enemy servers aren’t camping them. But it still takes a while to get the 500 badges needed for the Gift of Battle. For someone that already hates PvP, this nerf to the chests just punishes them even more. They already need to map all of the borderlands for PvE map completion (huh?), which may be impossible depending on how good their server is. On Ehmry Bay, we’ve been fighting Anvril Rock and Borlis Pass for months now. We usually end up winning and we often control a good chunk of the borderlands. However, we’re almost always green, which makes it impossible to map certain locations unless we just happen to be controlling everything (not likely), and there are certain locations we just never end up controlling.

Forcing people out into the larger battles that they already dislike won’t improve anything for anyone. Now, I love WvW. I don’t play it as often as I probably should. But I know many people that despise it and were only playing it to do the jumping puzzles to get the badges. This change will drastically impact their enjoyment of the game.

As for your kill per badge ratio Zedd, I can’t say much. You may just have terrible luck. I usually walk out with 50 or more per two-three hours spent pushing objective(s). Far less if I’m defending, but that’s defense, not much unless an enemy zerg is hitting you. I rake in a ton of bags on AC’s defending against zergs, and that was prior to the AC change, not even sure how many more that will bring in now.

Believe me, I’ve been questioning the terrible drop rate of badges for me for a while now. I always pick up whatever drops for me (I spam the F key). I usually just get junk or white or blue weapons/armor. I occasionally get loot bags that almost never contain badges. If I’m lucky I might get 2 badges in a large battle.

It should be a time consuming task to make a legendary. Making a series of well timed jumps doesn’t scream hard work or PvP.

I agree that creating a legendary should be time consuming. It took me about 4 or 5 months to create The Bifrost for my guardian. It was a great feeling when I finally completed it. But as I said above, my issue is that it’s more of a PvE goal and forcing people to play in PvP seems to conflict with that concept. Jumping puzzles are a PvE thing. It’s why people that prefer PvE do them to obtain badges. It’s a type of play they enjoy (or at least enjoy more than PvP). Playing in PvP for a PvE goal shouldn’t really be happening in the first place. The jumping puzzles provide a compromise, and now they’ve been nerfed.

I know it sounds like I’m complaining because something has been made more difficult to obtain. I’m just concerned that this change will impact a lot of PvE players in a negative manner. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this particular change and it feels like it was done to try to force people to grind for badges. That may have nothing to do with it. But it’s what’s going to have to happen.

(edited by Zedd.8239)

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Anet does everything in their power to nerf CAMP out of boredom from camping the JP with so little people coming in now.

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

And yet again people with alts are being punished. Instead of removing the ability to port people all the way up. They decided to nerf drops.

Why didn’t they just remove the jp all together as it serves no point now. Thank you whiners you succeeded again.

in WvW

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

It’s all about the gems people, they want you to buy gems, leave this stupid game while you can. ESO, ESO…

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

WvW player: “Man that fight was awesome, we were defending Hills for 3 hours, and I managed to make 2 gold!”

PvE player: “2 gold?! I make that in a single 15 minute dungeon run”

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

And yet again people with alts are being punished. Instead of removing the ability to port people all the way up. They decided to nerf drops.

Why didn’t they just remove the jp all together as it serves no point now. Thank you whiners you succeeded again.

1. it counts towards some daily achievements.
  2. you still get siege and tokens that you can buy siege with.
  3. now that there’s less likely to be camps, it’s possibly more feasible to double-port your guild up.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Noble.3647

Noble.3647

This has been changed to once per account per day.

Well, that totally sucks.

Would you AT LEAST give us BETTER PRIZES from the chest then?

Of the c. 200 times that I did it, I think I only got 1 rare (& no exotics).

in WvW

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Dont you know? This change (like the no dungeon waypoint during group in combat change a couple of months back) is to make WvW more “FUN” and “CHALLENGING”.
FUN if you have the mental outlook of it like Spongebob and CHALLENGING if you are Monopoly Man Rich in GW2. They probably made this change because mesmers were making too much bank from porting people to the end.

More or less it feels as if they are just trying to give us a reason to not have alts to play with besides roleplaying, boredom, and having more options for dungeon runs to appease meta game morons.

I think they should make the chests daily again since it gives everyone something interesting to do besides zerg facing. If it helps remove badges from the chests completely to make those legendary hunters have to work for it on the battlefield if thats what you were intending the change for in the first place.

Hopefully this change was made due to that rumorous map north of the WvW map thats been floating around reddit.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

(edited by AlecFair.1270)

in WvW

GrandmaFunk.3052

Does this limit apply to all 4 wvw chests as a group or individually?

ie: can I still do all of 4 them once a day? or is it any single one of them once a day?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks