ZERGS -any idea ?

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

Why the only, best way to win in wvswvsw is :

1. meake a zerg party on a map (min. 30+ pll , but most is 50+ pll)
2. move follow 1 person all the time (comander)
3. teake all map (normal atack do dps on dors so witch a zerg witch rams + pll dps yu can destroy doors in few minutes eand dont give a chance to defend)
4. if your zerg dont teake someting in a first step- yu do it wrong- yu need bigger ZERG, or trebutchets to down wall from distance eand teake points
5. be happ how strong yu are in your group

Is this really the only way to win in this maps?

I see how play gw2 top servers, there is only zerging to win. A smal party can sometimes teake a point or keep but they lose it in few minutes when zerg come.

Have yu any idea to how change this, or it shall be like this now?

(sory, my english is bad)

One more thing :

- There need be resolve the problem witch the " skins loading" for a big group of pll.

I think all know about this issue. If yu dont see the enemy approaching and attacking becose they are still “loading”, yu chave no chance to defend. Those “ghost atack” will destroy eany group defence in few seconds.
It loks like :
…ok almost done .. what the.. ?? … ??? … i eam ded ?? … how ?? … who kill me ?? … from where they come ?? now i see them… so mutch pll there now… nice… all like a big group of invisible enemys …ok we all ded… time to use wp…

ANET , or yu pll chave any idea how fix this??

(edited by KlausKNT.9302)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

1. Make the value of structures worth more the longer you hold them for.
2. Recreate maps that have ways of entering some structures that cant be sped up by numbers.
3. A capture point system that whichever team owns at points tick gets 50 points.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Give points/karma/gold for walking Yaks
Give points/karma/gold for smaller objectives
Give points/karma/gold for placing/protecting siege

We need smaller objectives that do not require zergs but whose point values and personal rewards are both significant to make a difference.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

I see how play gw2 top servers, there is only zerging to win.

No and no.

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Thurbleton.5841

Thurbleton.5841

Remove the 5 person AoE Cap and increase the damage of Catapults/Balistas/and Trebs (and I guess make their warning signs more noticeable). We don’t fear siege anymore and for big zergs siege isn’t needed if the group is big enough. (1 ram’s dps = roughly 50 people)
Lets say 35/50 people are right on the door, 3 cata’s from inside or a few arrowcarts placed far enough back squash them.
-Zergs will spread out more or get wiped by 3-4 balistas on a hill
-Give defenders a chance to score some kills before getting rushed post breach of a point
-Hopefully give players a reason to use siege/supply more instead of the 1-2 people who drop it in zergs.

And if your argument is the defenders will get aoe’d down… well 10 defenders vs a 50 zerg invasion already DO get aoe’d down

WTB Keg Brawl in Custom PVP → Key Brawl Tourneys!

(edited by Thurbleton.5841)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sixpax.8360

Sixpax.8360

To me the key to making zergs less appealing is to make defending more appealing. If small groups can successfully defend a fortification against a zerg, then it will draw more players away from just following the crowd everywhere.

Suggestions: you should be relatively well protected while on the battlements instead of the current design where it’s a deathwish to stand up there. Siege weapons should take far less damage from AoE spells, and while operating one you should gain the protection buff. Increase the arc on the catapult projectile so they can be used more effectively inside the courtyard to fire over walls (this would help the attackers too, but frankly taking a fortification should require siege weapons IMO). Double the HP of boiling oil and cannons.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: kanikani.2430

kanikani.2430

We don’t fear siege anymore and for big zergs isn’t siege isn’t needed if the group is big enough.

So much this. An arrow cart on a well geared char is like rain it really isn’t anything anymore. I wouldn’t mind seeing the damage doubled and AOE cap removed.

Here is what I would do with siege make the alternative shots actually worth something. Meaning the arrowcart #2 does double damage to siege or the gravel shot for catapults do double damage to players and a confuse or the cows for treb do more then some annoying poison add a immobilize and 300 damage a tic at least. And maybe make it so ballistas are not obstructed by any tiny little bump in the terrain.

The way to break zergs is to give smaller groups more power against them. Today if you are in a zerg sizable enough you will always take the objective unless you meet a similar sized zerg.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

When three superior carts spam same place enemy usually flee.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

kanikani.2430

When three superior carts spam same place enemy usually flee.

Yes but if superior carts are the only thing that works (which they do), perhaps that should be the standard? I think it is asking to much to have everyone always have/place/use superior carts.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Key to Zerg removing, is removing downed state. Yes I like escaping with vapor form. But in the end, my enemy servers (who love 60+ zergs), have escaped way more then me. Why? they could always get a ress from someone else. And ressing downed = 1-2k hp heal per second. This brings monking al the way back. (Wich arenanet clearly stated they don’t want any of it ingame) If you are downed and have support, you cannot die. They just ress you back up. Imo ress downed, may exist in wvw, (to give escape chance to some extend when you deserve it), but make the heal much worse. Make the heal only to 200-500 heal per second.

This will make people who are downed, actuallyh close to the reality, wich means they are almost certainly defeated, for making a mistake (if you go downed, you made mistake or sacraficed yourself for the better good). Now to much people escape from this faith by zerging.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

kanikani.2430

Key to Zerg removing, is removing downed state. Yes I like escaping with vapor form. But in the end, my enemy servers (who love 60+ zergs), have escaped way more then me. Why? they could always get a ress from someone else. And ressing downed = 1-2k hp heal per second. This brings monking al the way back. If you are downed and have support, you cannot die. They just ress you back up. Imo ress downed, may exist in wvw, (to give escape chance to some extend when you deserve it), but make the heal much worse. Make the heal only to 200-500 heal per second.

This will make people who are downed, actuallyh close to the reality, wich means they are almost certainly defeated, for making a mistake (if you go downed, you made mistake or sacraficed yourself for the better good). Now to much people escape from this faith by zerging.

I could get behind this as well. I can literally shoot a down player a couple times with a ballista and they are not dead, which is just silly. I have seen players downed getting hit by siege, actually get healed up and run off.

Ishionna (80 Ele)
Maguuma

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Provac.3598

Provac.3598

Create a kill zone, such as at area of broken wall, the bridge into hills and NW tower, the lords room.
Only 20 people can portal bomb, and if people wipe those who portalled quickly, then taking out the zerg will be fine with enough siege.
Typically 1 arrowcart is required for every 4 people ive found. A few ballista help where theres a narrow area to move. 1 – 2 Catas are good to knockdown on entry.
I have said this before, against an organised siege defence manned by 10 people, almost anything can be defended from a zerg of any size.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Remove AOE cap.

Remove crossed swords AKA satellite feed.

Double the damage the player gets when he’s ressing someone.

Give a score multiple to any structure you hold the longer you hold it. Flipping camps repeatedly should make the score come to a virtual stand still. Make people defend and pick their battles instead of being able to flip a whole map.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

There has to be some sort of translation software somewhere on the interwebs that could help this chap out. Either that or this by far is one of the better troll attempts I have seen. Oh kitten I’ll bite and keep on topic. WvW is and was designed for the casual player in mind. The casual player tends to find zergs easy and effective hence why you see so many. If you’re trying to make WvW into a glamorous end game kitten event for yourself you’re only gonna get disappointed. MAYBE Anet will cave and listen to the enormous amounts of tears about how this game is nothing like <insert any previous mmo with pvp you loved to death> and will modify it to be more similar to said game. I for one hope they don’t. They created this game with many differences to previous MMO’s and were proud of it, those differences are what make this game fun and unique. WvW is all about numbers. As much as many players want it to be about skill it isn’t and shouldn’t be.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

OK I can not share the tactics or strategies of my Server but I will give you some guidelines. First of all Big zergs never always work. Larger groups are harder to move together. First thing you should learn is to how to manage your man power. There are so many situations in game few players can hold large group of enemies. Think and use those situations to keep enemy locked in certain positions. And most important is make sure your players are doing the right things.
Ex: In EB lets say your team has SM and enemy has the valley keep with way point upgrade and they are attacking you from Valley keep side but they dont have any siege. A lot of players in your team are fighting between SM and Valley keep killing players which will spawn and come back in 10 seconds. Maybe they even push them and start to attack durios tower which enemy controls. Still you waste so many man power on enemies who will just respawn which could have been used in something more important. Let the Siege do the job for you not the players. Players are not just soldiers they are workers before everything else.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

4. if your zerg dont teake someting in a first step- yu do it wrong- yu need bigger ZERG, or trebutchets to down wall from distance eand teake points

So what you’re saying is that the ideal strategy is a zerg… plus a network of trebuchets softening up targets and scouts to see when their walls are down. Maybe throw in a few guys within your zone of control making sure that stuff gets reinforced, and a few guys running around ninjaing enemy camps to deny them supply to do the same…

At this point, it’s really not “zerg wins” as much as “the zerg is part of a multi-tiered overall strategy that rewards applying a lot of force where you need it and a little bit of force where you don’t.”

The very concept of a siege is that the attackers bring superior numbers and the defenders try to hold out with stationary defenses. An upgraded tower or keep with even just a handful of defenders can stall enemies for a good long time — certainly long enough for reinforcements to flank the enemy or double up the defenses using fresh supply.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

You have to consider where the actual issue comes from. Adding more incentives to defending or making defending even easier would make the issue even worse. First, you have to ask yourself: Why do people zerg?

It’s because there’s no real effective way to capture a point with a small amount of players. There are no effective backdoors or secret shrines that can be accessed by only small groups of people. For almost every siege, it’s going to be more effective based on how many people you have.

You can’t just say “improve rewards for defending” or “make defending easier”, since it’s already extraordinarily difficult to take a point unless the siege vastly outnumbers the defense, or the defense is incompetent. It will mean even less exciting games than we already have, placing more value on capturing early and just sitting on points for the entire week.

I feel like the fix should be the reverse direction – Making it harder to defend capture points, and adding in secret entrances or backdoors that are possibly made more difficult to access with more people. In addition, reduce health of all gates and walls, or improve siege weapon damage.

When it’s easier to take a capture point and harder to defend it, you’ll have exciting turnover play and you will have to make more interesting gameplay decisions – do you want to stay to defend a place or do you want to take one of the enemy’s keeps while they’re busy assaulting yours? Do you want to secretly send small groups of players off to take key points while your zerg fakes an assault at Stonemist?

Currently, none of these options exist because it’s incredibly difficult for even a large zerg to take a fortified position if there are just a handful of defenders with siege equipment. If a gigantic group can’t do it, I fail to see how you expect smaller groups to try the same thing.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Move to T4 or T5 severs where things are less zergy.

Its hardly Anets fault that everyone has settled on 5 or 6 servers.

There are a lot of good times to be had elsewhere.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Gates can now only be damaged by seige equipment. First problem solved.

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

ASP.8093

Players attacking gates really don’t do very much damage.

Mostly what you accomplish is to discourage guys on the other side from repairing it.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Thurbleton.5841

The casual player tends to find zergs easy and effective hence why you see so many. If you’re trying to make WvW into a glamorous end game kitten event for yourself you’re only gonna get disappointed. MAYBE Anet will cave and listen to the enormous amounts of tears about how this game is nothing like <insert any previous mmo with pvp you loved to death> and will modify it to be more similar to said game.

I do 2 organized nights with my guild a week for about an hour and a half. Between that and just running around by myself the 2-3 week stints where servers are locking in tiers is making the matches drag on and after spending a large amount of time on world completion; returning to WvW has made the game starting to get stale for no reason other then I’m not seeing any new changes and its the same thing over and over again.

You may be right and ANet planned this for casuals but they enough WvW oriented guilds on each server who want to play this game instead of something like Planetside 2. Hopefully ANet sees posts like these and can think of something for the enthusiasts and the casuals.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Players attacking gates really don’t do very much damage.

Mostly what you accomplish is to discourage guys on the other side from repairing it.

A 50+ man zerg can most certainly do alot of damage to a gate

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

ASP.8093

A 50+ man zerg can most certainly do alot of damage to a gate

Compared to just dropping rams and cats, though?

To me, the advantage of 50 people over 20 people is that you can drop tons of siege whenever you feel like it, and the lord room takes like 10 seconds to clear.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: MiceElf.6897

MiceElf.6897

Make defending worth something. The zergs get all the rewards while those of us defending get nothing. There’s no reward in defense, except for the occasional siege hit.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

I see how play gw2 top servers, there is only zerging to win.

No and no.

Top servers don’t need to “only” zerg to win. We (SoR) being 5-10 of us just defended a tower that was not upgraded against a 40-50 man zerg. Top servers understand that well placed siege and tactics can make anything possible.

Also, zerging is a very big mistake as well, because you leave EVERYTHING undefended for the most part. Unless you leave a few people at each place that you cap.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I think an increase to siege damage to players would drastically improve siege warfare tactics across the board. I’d like to see arrow carts and ballistas do double their current damage.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Typically 1 arrowcart is required for every 4 people ive found. A few ballista help where theres a narrow area to move. 1 – 2 Catas are good to knockdown on entry.
I have said this before, against an organised siege defence manned by 10 people, almost anything can be defended from a zerg of any size.

This is works only against unorganized crowd. You cannot stand against organized zerg with good commander, if you supply lines are cut and you haven’t enough ppl to perform portalbomb counterattacks. Siege defence at current state just too weak and can be destroyed with ease by competent group.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

There should be diminishing returns for zerging. A mechanic of some sort that takes into account how many people are in the group and lowers each player’s damage output by a certain percentage.

Nothing crazy, just something like when a certain number of people are cloistered together within a certain vicinity (like an invisible 2000 distance circle) there will be a 1% damage reduction for every player above lets say..5 players (5 being the size of a squad, they would receive no damage deductions). But this means that a 25 man zerg running around will suffer a 20% damage penalty. A 50 man zerg will suffer a 45% damage penalty. If the 25 man zerg collided with the 50 man zerg, the scaling damage reduction would essentially better help to level the playing field, and the fights would no longer be determined by whichever side has more numbers.

I know many people like to pvp solo or with small groups, unfortunately these styles are squashed and are at the mercy of large zergs that mindlessly stumble around the battlefield.

(edited by Sunreva.8714)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Rednik.3809

I know many people like to pvp solo or with small groups, unfortunately these styles are squashed and are at the mercy of large zergs that mindlessly stumble around the battlefield.

What? Small groups and lone players are perfectly alive and very valuable. You cannot perform supply war, scouting, map cleaning (from hostile roamers and small raiding groups) and watch duty with zerg. Zerg-size groups is optimal only for large assault and defense missions.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

What? Small groups and lone players are perfectly alive and very valuable. You cannot perform supply war, scouting, map cleaning (from hostile roamers and small raiding groups) and watch duty with zerg. Zerg-size groups is optimal only for large assault and defense missions.

To be honest small groups are much different than lone players running about. Small groups have a smaller chance of getting picked off compared to a lone player.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: waeren.9743

waeren.9743

This is works only against unorganized crowd. You cannot stand against organized zerg with good commander, if you supply lines are cut and you haven’t enough ppl to perform portalbomb counterattacks. Siege defence at current state just too weak and can be destroyed with ease by competent group.

It sounds like that commander and his followers played it as they should have and your team deserves to loose that tower/keep. You have 0 reasons to complain.

Also to all the people complaining about siege: upgrade it. If you don’t want to invest in upgrading it then stop complaining.

If you have defenders in the tower/keep and you have siege then you should be able to hold out long enough for your server to gather up and pick off the attackers. If you can’t then it’s your fault.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Rednik.3809

It sounds like that commander and his followers played it as they should have and your team deserves to loose that tower/keep. You have 0 reasons to complain.

Also to all the people complaining about siege: upgrade it. If you don’t want to invest in upgrading it then stop complaining.

If you have defenders in the tower/keep and you have siege then you should be able to hold out long enough for your server to gather up and pick off the attackers. If you can’t then it’s your fault.

So you just admit that siege equipment in current state is laughably weak against any competent group, right?

25 charracters

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

waeren.9743

So you just admit that siege equipment in current state is laughably weak against any competent group, right?

No it isn’t. Enough smart placed arrow carts will slow down any group and even stop some. And no, it shouldn’t stop any decent sized competent group.

If your group was competent, organized and cared it would be using superior siege where/when possible. Stop being lazy.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Rednik.3809

If your group was competent, organized and cared it would be using superior siege where/when possible. Stop being lazy.

Superior, not normal version. “O hai guys, can you please stop assaulting our keep and just wait here a little? Mr.Siegemaster refuses to sell me good enough blueprints, so i must port to MF, transmute some weak blueprints into good ones and return here asap. KK, brb, ty!”

25 charracters

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

waeren.9743

Superior, not normal version. “O hai guys, can you please stop assaulting our keep and just wait here a little? Mr.Siegemaster refuses to sell me good enough blueprints, so i must port to MF, transmute some weak blueprints into good ones and return here asap. KK, brb, ty!”

Maybe you should ask him more nicely!

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

Key to Zerg removing, is removing downed state. Yes I like escaping with vapor form. But in the end, my enemy servers (who love 60+ zergs), have escaped way more then me. Why? they could always get a ress from someone else. And ressing downed = 1-2k hp heal per second. This brings monking al the way back. (Wich arenanet clearly stated they don’t want any of it ingame) If you are downed and have support, you cannot die. They just ress you back up. Imo ress downed, may exist in wvw, (to give escape chance to some extend when you deserve it), but make the heal much worse. Make the heal only to 200-500 heal per second.

I appreciate that you have a different opinion than me about the downed state and I do agree that it’s easier to get healed back up if there’s more players around (eg. in a zerg); but stating that removing the downed state is the key to removing zergs is laughable at best.
You really think folks only run in a zerg because of the downed state and all incentives to use the zerging tactics are gone if the downed state would be removed?
It was just another excuse to state your opinion about the downed state in a non-related thread.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

T1/2 WvW-ers can’t just zerg or they’ll lose. You need a zerg + small hit/responce groups.

If that’s all that it takes for your lower server to win… then you might want to consider trying to see if you can get into a higher tier server…

I appreciate that you have a different opinion than me about the downed state and I do agree that it’s easier to get healed back up if there’s more players around (eg. in a zerg); but stating that removing the downed state is the key to removing zergs is laughable at best.
You really think folks only run in a zerg because of the downed state and all incentives to use the zerging tactics are gone if the downed state would be removed?
It was just another excuse to state your opinion about the downed state in a non-related thread.

It would give a way to eventually thin the herd and force those players in a zerg to pay attention… because atm you don’t need to at all other than follow the blue symbol. If you go down you’ll get ressed up very quickly.

Siege could also actually kill some players in a zerg as well. Right now they are a total joke vs zergs because of this and a few other reasons.

Self healing I have no problem with as is… it’s just when people always get so many others helping them res is where it becomes a problem. Even just lowering the number of max players able to res a downed player would help.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

bonus for capping points at the same time.
bonus to small groups (5 – 10 players)
scaling guards – life pool and dps of a guard goes up with the number of players attacking it.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

The casual player tends to find zergs easy and effective hence why you see so many. If you’re trying to make WvW into a glamorous end game kitten event for yourself you’re only gonna get disappointed. MAYBE Anet will cave and listen to the enormous amounts of tears about how this game is nothing like <insert any previous mmo with pvp you loved to death> and will modify it to be more similar to said game.

I do 2 organized nights with my guild a week for about an hour and a half. Between that and just running around by myself the 2-3 week stints where servers are locking in tiers is making the matches drag on and after spending a large amount of time on world completion; returning to WvW has made the game starting to get stale for no reason other then I’m not seeing any new changes and its the same thing over and over again.

You may be right and ANet planned this for casuals but they enough WvW oriented guilds on each server who want to play this game instead of something like Planetside 2. Hopefully ANet sees posts like these and can think of something for the enthusiasts and the casuals.

I hear ya and am fully confident Anet will make changes to “liven” up the WvW scene. I just don’t want them catering to EVERY whine they see on the forums. I mean if you look at a majority of the posts and complaints they all center around assumed projections of what people “thought” WvW was gonna be. Four top examples are removing the downed state, PvE gear, siege and fixing the culling/rendering issues. Of those four only culling/rendering make any sense. Most of the complainers want WvW to be the proving ground of 1v1 matches where all that’s involved is skill. They want to be able to 1v5 people and obtain titles to showcase their prowess. That sounds a lot like sPvP to me but then again I am crazy. No one wants PvE in their WvW even though the entire premise behind WvW was to have an area you could go and do both. I for one love being able to kill other players and be able to do my daily. It has something for everyone and it’d be a shame to exclude players in the future because they cater to the one player base(hardcore PvP’ers) that is as fickle as the wind.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

A huge zerg can sometimes be ineffective if all the server’s players are concentrated in it. This allows even small groups of players to take upgraded towers and keeps by operating under the radar.

It’s best to run with a semi-big zerg and delegate smaller tasks to smaller groups.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Acelerion.6820

Acelerion.6820

If I had to pick 2 it would be down state and 5 person aoe limit.

The aoe limit just makes no sense. If youre dumb enough to stand in it you should die.

OINK – Devona’s Rest
Mesmer-Thief
http://www.youtube.com/user/Axcelerion?feature=watch – Small group videos

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

Absolutely nothing is going to change zerging at all without something else becoming seriously overpowered.
- Upgrading siege damage so that a 50+ zerg should tremble and run in fear would simply make defending too freakishly easy.
- Taking away 5 man AoE cap would mean every server will run with 75% Staff-D/D Ele’s and the other 25% Guardians

ANet had an amazing idea with WvWvW which made all those Realm vs Realm veterans from DAOC and the likes cream their pants. However they simply didn’t think it would have been this big of a hit. I seriously think they were unable to realize that people would become such sheep and run around in groups of 50/60/70 or in the case of Vizunah sometimes even more capping one objective and moving on to the next not worrying about defending any of it.

I’ve said it time and time again, this game had amazing potential but is without a doubt hindered by its limitations. Guild Wars 2 WvWvW had absolutely no chance of becoming a serious competitive environment where skill could create any difference between a small group of highly skilled players and a large group of mediocre/bad players. If interested go through my post history and look for the posts I made regarding this issue.

Guild Wars 2 went for the e-sports level PvP but completely failed. They lack any kind of ladder/ranking system which makes matchups dull and pointless. I for one really really really wanted to see a Guild vs Guild setting but somehow I doubt that will ever the light of day in GW2.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

OP are you french by any chance ?

Oh the screenshots I have by now of the huge Vizunah deathball of 60/70/80 players mostly running around like mindless zombies.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

In my opinion all you need to do is get rid of the downed system for WvW. Small man groups will take care of there rest.

~ AoN ~

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Khanswrath.1032

Absolutely nothing is going to change zerging at all without something else becoming seriously overpowered.
- Upgrading siege damage so that a 50+ zerg should tremble and run in fear would simply make defending too freakishly easy.
- Taking away 5 man AoE cap would mean every server will run with 75% Staff-D/D Ele’s and the other 25% Guardians

ANet had an amazing idea with WvWvW which made all those Realm vs Realm veterans from DAOC and the likes cream their pants. However they simply didn’t think it would have been this big of a hit. I seriously think they were unable to realize that people would become such sheep and run around in groups of 50/60/70 or in the case of Vizunah sometimes even more capping one objective and moving on to the next not worrying about defending any of it.

I’ve said it time and time again, this game had amazing potential but is without a doubt hindered by its limitations. Guild Wars 2 WvWvW had absolutely no chance of becoming a serious competitive environment where skill could create any difference between a small group of highly skilled players and a large group of mediocre/bad players. If interested go through my post history and look for the posts I made regarding this issue.

Guild Wars 2 went for the e-sports level PvP but completely failed. They lack any kind of ladder/ranking system which makes matchups dull and pointless. I for one really really really wanted to see a Guild vs Guild setting but somehow I doubt that will ever the light of day in GW2.

Finally someone who gets it. I also agree with the GvG setting which if any Dev’s are reading would be awesome. It would alleviate a lot of the complaints that are set on these forums. Alternate maps each week, tickets for guilds to purchase to enter tournaments each day or every other day culminating with the top three guilds duking it out on one big free for all deathmatch, rankings, titles etc….. Take all the suggestions/dislikes implement them and ball them into GvG. I also feel they underestimated the popularity of WvW but don’t count out Anet’s ability to implement such changes. They aren’t perfect but the product they put out is pretty kitten amazing imo. I’ll be very curious to see the changes in Feb

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: irishhaf.1692

irishhaf.1692

Made me laugh in Daoc makes me laugh now, people go to a game that touts large scale combat then get up set because somebody brought people than them..

its especially funny from the small groups that think zerging a 2 man team with a 6 man team is ok… but if the 2 man comes back with 20 friends its not fair and should be stopped.. Not saying anyone in this thread but there was definatly some of that going on when Devonas Rest was still tier .

Deritt ranger lv 80 (Un-retired… liking longbow)
Devona Borders (DB)
Devonas rest.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Make it so you can only Rez Defeated/Dead Players outside of Combat.

ZERGS -any idea ?

in WvW

Thurbleton.5841

Top servers don’t need to “only” zerg to win. We (SoR) being 5-10 of us just defended a tower that was not upgraded against a 40-50 man zerg. Top servers understand that well placed siege and tactics can make anything possible.

Also, zerging is a very big mistake as well, because you leave EVERYTHING undefended for the most part. Unless you leave a few people at each place that you cap.

You make some valid points Devil but while top servers have (I’m assuming) a majority of enthusiasts the remaining servers don’t. Which makes zergs are a big deal because that’s the easiest/simplest way to form up and do stuff.

I guess a good question for top tier server players on this topic is two fold.

• Either would an increase in siege damage/effectiveness throw off your meta game significantly? (assuming you already have small defenders beating back large groups) * * OR
  • Do you have any suggestions on how to get players who don’t chat and simply stack in a ball by default to split up into smaller groups, guard points, and build siege in specific spots? (this isnt trolling, what ways could we as players or ANet use to promote and value the other ‘roles’ of WvW?)

All they are see’n now is that to win you just have to get a big enough group. Sure if you defend a point right you can get some scratch and a tale to tell but how long do you have to wait before an attack comes and whats your chances of defending successfully? People getting into WvW are taking the sure thing with zergs and rarely bothering to try defending/guarding.